+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 3 13 51 LastLast

Thread: At the Vatican, Up Against the World

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks

Default Richard Dawkins plans to arrest the Pope

Richard Dawkins plans to arrest the Pope for 'crimes against humanity'

Two leading atheist campaigners are planning a legal ambush to have the Pope arrested during his state visit to Britain for 'crimes against humanity'.

Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens - who have both written books promoting atheism - have asked human rights lawyers to produce a case for charging Pope Benedict XVI over his alleged cover-up of sexual abuse in the Catholic church.

The pair believe they can exploit the same legal principle used to arrest Augusto Pinochet, the late Chilean dictator, when he visited Britain in 1998.

The Pope was embroiled in new controversy this weekend over a letter he signed arguing that the 'good of the universal church' should be considered against the defrocking of an American priest who committed sex offences against two boys.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz0knaLlfk8

I was waiting for this. Finally someone is going to try to bring this to the forefront.
    The states of awareness we currently perceive are only a thiny fraction of the whole.
    The continuum extends deep into nonphysical areas of the universe far beyond our current physical comprehension ~ William Buhlman

2. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Default Re: At the Vatican, Up Against the World

The turn of the tide will be done on an individual basis. Woman by woman, mother by mother, father by father. No longer will children be subjected to predators. They will stop going to mass. Parents will choose protection of their own, over their fear of being put into some "world down below" (hell) when they die. The reign of fear is nearly over. The man who was Jesus couldn't have possibly imagined what has been done with his teaching. The true spirit of the teachings will help individuals get out of the prison created by these men of the church. A prison that you have to Pay to be in! Imagine that! Their time is over, thank God. Freedom will feel wonderful for these people who wake up. Let us remind them that they reject the men who took over, not the original teacher, and the one true creator. I am glad I lived long enough to see the prison doors opening.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lindabaker For This Post:

marique3652 (26th May 2012)

4. Link to Post #43
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ambush the Pope? Are they out of touch? Wrong terminology.

Their is a software called Booleon Phraseology
    http://www.ovid.com/site/products/to...&subsection=13
    That website is the tame version.

I don't want anything to do with PTB. I just want to tell my local Priest I'm mad. And get his reaction. And wrap it up. Thank you gionanni,J and Linda. I cryed with my kids for a minute.
    I made them read our responces to what we wrote.

You guys did good as a friend.

WELL appreciated. Peace.
    I'm not into ambushing the Pope for any reason.
    (Booleans watching you know)

Not going there even a little.

5. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

"The CC is being re-positioned on the board as is Islam. There will be a lot of revelations about organised religion, it has simply served its purpose and is going to be replaced."

Hum, very interesting K626. But what could replace the Catholic Church beyond the models of "what to consume, how to live, what to do, etc." that advertising and the media imposes on (to) people?

Thank you very much. Monique.

6. Link to Post #45
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

Thumbs up Re: At the Vatican, Up Against the World

Yesterday~sunday april 11th, 2010
    i happen to catch a very insightful broadcast program on npr (national public radio) here in washington dc on this threads topic matter;

here's a preview of it and a link (below) to this very engaging and enthraling program with lots of facts and info~

*****link to npr radio program link;
    note> hit play show at top of page link to begin~
    http://interfaithradio.org/node/1290

Priests and Abuse: A Violation of Trust

* The Vatican in Crisis
    The sex abuse scandal in the Catholic Church has now exploded in Europe and Latin America. Some media stories have even implicated Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI, in the cover-up. The Vatican, however, is hunkering down, likening itself to victims of anti-Semitism and lashing out at critics. Jesuit priest Tom Reese explains what's at stake for the Catholic Church.

Thomas Reese, S.J., Senior Fellow of Woodstock Theological Center at Georgetown University

*A Victim's Story
    Begins at 22 min 30 sec
    There's one perspective often missing from the priest sex abuse coverage: a victim's insight. The scandal has resurrected painful memories for Northern Virgina resident Becky Ianni, who was molested from ages 9 to 11 by her parish priest. She joins us to name her experience...and her abuser.

Becky Ianni, director of the Virginia chapter of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, or SNAP
    Web Extra: Click here to listen to our full interview with Becky Ianni

*The Psychology of Abuse
    Begins at 30 min 15 sec
    Abusive priests all over the world have been removed from ministry. But where do they go from there? The Saint Luke Institute in Silver Spring, Md. provides psychological treatment for priests and nuns with a range of problems, from alcoholism to sexual disorders. The institute's former president explains why he believes pedophile priests can be successfully treated, and why they must never return to ministry with minors.

The Saint Luke Institute in Silver Spring, MD
    Monsignor Stephen J. Rossetti, former president and CEO of the Saint Luke Institute

*Commentary: 'Father Does Not Know Best'
    Begins at 42 min 1 sec
    When it comes to reforming the Catholic Church, you can’t use the master’s tools to dismantle the master’s house. That's according to feminist theologian Mary Hunt, who argues for a radical overhaul of the Catholic hierarchical structure and a new, horizontal model of church.

Mary E. Hunt, author of "Father Does Not Know Best: How to Fix the Catholic Church," and co-founder of the Women’s Alliance for Theology, Ethics, and Ritual, or WATER

Also included in program~

The Texas School Board: Rewriting History?
    Begins at 46 min 10 sec

The Texas school board is making some big changes. In mid-March, they voted for a new curriculum that will alter what teachers must cover and what’s in the textbooks. If approved, the new curriculum will play down the role of Thomas Jefferson, play up the importance of Ronald Reagan, and assert that the founders intended the U.S. to be a Christian nation, among other things. That doesn’t sit well with Susan Jacoby, who worries that this mostly conservative board may be re-writing history.

Note, Thomas Jefferson, who was removed from a list of revolutionaries in the Texas curriculum

*****link to npr radio program link;
    http://interfaithradio.org/node/1290
    Last edited by giovonni; 12th April 2010 at 14:11.

7. Link to Post #46
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I reread everybodies posts on this subject.
    Thank you everybody.
    I'm actually a little shocked how well I articulated what happened. Thats the way it happened. Period.
    The "grey' feeling I still have, is about aliens that have been rumored to feel and feed off of fear from the innocent. As a food. I get it. Off topic but relevant to me.
    Now I read the Pope is upset that how could anyone have the nerve to combine Pedophiles with Homosexuality, and Priests against Jesus ?
    What???? It did'nt happen?
    HHHmmmmm Young male boy gets groped by priest. Priest is "special" cuase he represents the Lord.
    Religion,Sex and Church..... I know IM not nuts or in denial.
    LOL Took me 40 years... but.. nope.. not on me.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to shybastid For This Post:

9. Link to Post #47
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

I GUESS its a start to healing.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100418/.../eu_malta_pope
    I did'nt contact local Parish.. Too much drama.
    Time to work on other things.

I'm trying to take a picture of swanny at the helm of his ship.
    That'll wrap up disclosure,whether swanny is just a steward on the ship,ufo's,antigravity etc. in one swoop. I have my priorities ya know.

10. Link to Post #48
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Thank you shybastid for contributing and sharing some very heartfelt feelings with us.
    i sense you have accomplished much here towards your healing process.
    My best to you and your family always~ Gio

The news post you linked above bares repeating...though i feel it does not begin to address the church's role in wrongly allowing this epidemic (of child molestation) to continue. It is quite apparent now, the church's hieratchy were aware of the (broad) extend of this criminal behavior (by some within its clergy) for a long time.

Tearful pope says church will better protect young

By VICTOR L. SIMPSON, Associated Press Writer Victor L. Simpson, Associated Press Writer – Sun Apr 18, 3:59 pm ET
    VALLETTA, Malta – With tears in his eyes, Pope Benedict XVI made his most personal gesture yet to respond to the clerical sex abuse scandal Sunday, telling victims the church will do everything possible to protect children and bring abusive priests to justice, the Vatican said.

The emotional moment carried no new admissions from the Vatican, which has strongly rejected accusations that efforts to cover up for abusive priests were directed by the church hierarchy for decades. But the pontiff told the men that the church would "implement effective measures" to protect children, the Vatican said, without offering details.

Benedict met for more than a half-hour with eight Maltese men who say they were abused by four priests when they were boys living at a Catholic orphanage. During the meeting in the chapel at the Vatican's embassy here, Benedict expressed his "shame and sorrow" at the pain the men and their families suffered, the Vatican said.

"Everybody was crying," one of the men, Joseph Magro, 38, told Associated Press Television News after the meeting. "I told him my name was Joseph, and he had tears in his eyes."

The visit — which came on the second day of Benedict's two-day trip to this largely Roman Catholic island — marked the first time Benedict had met with abuse victims since the worldwide clerical abuse scandal engulfed the Vatican earlier this year.

"He prayed with them and assured them that the Church is doing, and will continue to do, all in its power to investigate allegations, to bring to justice those responsible for abuse and to implement effective measures designed to safeguard young people in the future," the Vatican statement said.

Victims' advocacy groups have demanded that the Vatican take concrete steps to protect children and remove abusive priests and the bishops who protected them, saying the pope's expressions to date of solidarity and shame were meaningless unless actual action is taken.

The main U.S. victims group, Survivors Network of Those Abused by Priests, said it was easy for Benedict to make promises about taking action to protect children.

"Not a single adult should feel relieved until strong steps are actually taken, not promised, that will prevent future child sex crimes and cover-ups," said Peter Isely, the group's Midwest director.

Magro said the men, in their 30s and 40s, received a call Sunday morning to come to the embassy and that the pope spent a few minutes with each of them. He said the overall encounter, which lasted about 35 minutes, was "fantastic."

Lawrence Grech, who led efforts to arrange the encounter, said the pope told each of the men: "I am very proud of you for having come forward to tell your story."

Grech said he told the pontiff: "This a one-time opportunity in life ... you have the power to fill the emptiness that I had, someone else took my innocence and my faith."

At the end, they prayed together and the pope gave his blessing, the Vatican said.

"The climate was intense but very serene," said Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi.

The private meeting was confirmed only after it had occurred — as was the case when Benedict met with abuse victims in the United States and Australia in 2008. He returned to Rome late Sunday.

Benedict's overnight trip to Malta — originally scheduled to commemorate the 1,950th anniversary of St. Paul's shipwreck — had been overshadowed by expectations that he would make a strong gesture to repair the damage of the scandal.

Benedict has been accused by victims groups and their lawyers of being part of systematic practice of cover-up by church hierarchy for pedophile priests, in his earlier roles as an archbishop in Germany and later at the helm of the Vatican morals office.

BishopAccountability.org, a U.S.-based website that tracks abuse, called on Benedict to follow up his words with actions.

"The pope must follow the meeting in Malta by accounting fully for his own role in the crisis and by disciplining complicit officials," the group said in a statement. "Otherwise, it will be evident that he was exploiting the goodwill of the survivors in Malta to improve his image."

Benedict made no direct reference to the scandals during a Mass Sunday morning. He told Maltese to cling to their faith despite the temptations of modern society.

"Many voices try to persuade us to put aside our faith in God and his church," he warned.

Video and link here;
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100418/.../eu_malta_pope
    Last edited by giovonni; 19th April 2010 at 03:40.

11. Link to Post #49
    Canada Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 479 posts

Hello everyone. I don't know if it has been mentionned, the thread is very long, but there are two churches. The one we are talking about on this thread is the institutional church, this one will fall.

The other church is much more subtle. It is not defined by religious tags, but by consciousness, behaviour, attitude. I like to call this church the 'church of the people'. This one will never pass. Even the word 'church' isn't appropriate anymore.

Namaste, Steven

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven For This Post:

HORIZONS (20th March 2013), marique3652 (26th May 2012)

13. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Someone asked me one time if I still went to church and I said no, they said how come? I said because I am the church and church is wherever I am at :-)
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HORIZONS For This Post:

angelichuman (23rd September 2014), marique3652 (26th May 2012)

15. Link to Post #51
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HORIZONS (here)
    Someone asked me one time if I still went to church and I said no, they said how come? I said because I am the church and church is wherever I am at :-)
    Nice I like that !

awesome drummer by the way HORIZONS , I checked your channel

16. The Following User Says Thank You to beyondmyctrl For This Post:

HORIZONS (20th March 2013)

17. Link to Post #52
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Lightbulb Re: At the Vatican, Up Against the World

Thank Horizons and Steven for your post and comments,

beyondmyctrl
    I agree the term church ~ is becoming quite antiquated when referring to ones faith. instead of say i'm going to church maybe it might be more meaningful now to say i'm going within my heart for some spiritual respite and guidence.

18. Link to Post #53
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Unhappy Re: At the Vatican, Up Against the World

Instead of admitting we (the church heirarchy ) screwed up~ the coverup and blame game continues

Catholic Abuse Scandal
    Was Munich's Vicar General Forced to Serve as Ratzinger's (the pope) Scapegoat?

During his time as archbishop in Germany, Joseph Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI, chaired a meeting in which a pedophile priest's living arrangements and therapy were discussed. He must have been familiar with the man's criminal past.
    Catholic Church officials assigned full responsibility for the reassignment of a known pedophilic priest to retired vicar general Gerhard Gruber who served as deputy to Joseph Ratzinger when he was archbishop. Gruber is now challenging a Church statement that he "acted on his own authority," a claim he says was never discussed with him.

The emergency plan was hastily assembled in the Archdiocese of Munich and Freising on the evening of March 11, a Thursday. The Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper had exposed the scandal surrounding pedophile priest Peter H., and the affair over sexual abuse in the church was getting dangerously close to the pope.

Peter H., a vicar from the western German city of Essen who had molested boys on several occasions, was sent to Munich in 1980, where he was assigned to work as a pastor again. As a result, he was able to abuse even more boys. The archbishop and chairman of the diocesan council, which approved H.'s appointment, was Joseph Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI.

Ratzinger also chaired a meeting on Jan. 15, 1980, in which the pedophile priest's living arrangements and therapy were discussed. He must have been familiar with H.'s criminal past. Because of this, the diocese has, in recent weeks, left no stone unturned in its effort to explain why the current pope could not be held accountable for H.'s continued service in his diocese.

That effort has been supported by documents found in the diocese records office that related to H., and that were signed by someone else at the time: the loyal Vicar General Gerhard Gruber, Ratzinger's deputy during his time as archbishop.

Apparently no one on the crisis team objected to the idea of taking Pope Benedict "out of the firing line" and using Gruber, 81, as a scapegoat instead. On the morning of March 12, while the press office was busy drafting a statement in which Gruber was given the full blame for H.'s appointment to serve as a pastor, and that included Gruber's personal apology, a church official was badgering the retired priest on the phone.

But Gruber, who felt put under pressure, later confided in theologian friends. He told them that he had been emphatically "asked" to assume full responsibility for the affair, and that church officials had promptly faxed him a copy of the statement and instructed him to make any changes he deemed necessary.

'Incorrect Decisions'

According to the statement released by the archdiocese, Ratzinger was partly responsible for making the decision to accept H.'s appointment. "Notwithstanding this decision," however, H. was assigned "by the then vicar general" to assist in pastoral care, without restriction, in a Munich parish. The statement also read: "Gruber assumes full responsibility for the incorrect decisions." A spokesman for the archdiocese later added that Gruber had "acted on his own authority" in the case of Peter H.

Gruber's friends say that the old man was only familiar with parts of the statement, that he was apparently being used as a scapegoat and that he was also under additional emotional pressure. To everyone's surprise, Gruber wrote an open letter in which he qualified the archdiocese's statement, writing that he did not sign any documents over which he had no influence. He also noted that he was "very upset" about the "manner in which the incidents were portrayed" by the archdiocese. "And the phrase 'acted on his own authority' also wasn't discussed with me," he wrote.

The archdiocese was unwilling to comment on the accusations, except to state it continued to believe that the former vicar general had acted on his own authority in the case of Peter H., and that he had admitted to having made mistakes. Gruber has gone on a trip to recuperate from "weeks that have been very stressful for me." His loyalty is greatly appreciated in Munich. Archbishop Reinhard Marx, Gruber writes, has sent him his best wishes and "expressed his appreciation for my 'participation'."

During his time as archbishop in Germany, Joseph Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI, chaired a meeting in which a pedophile priest's living arrangements and therapy were discussed. He must have been familiar with the man's criminal past.
    Catholic Church officials assigned full responsibility for the reassignment of a known pedophilic priest to retired vicar general Gerhard Gruber who served as deputy to Joseph Ratzinger when he was archbishop. Gruber is now challenging a Church statement that he "acted on his own authority," a claim he says was never discussed with him.

The emergency plan was hastily assembled in the Archdiocese of Munich and Freising on the evening of March 11, a Thursday. The Süddeutsche Zeitung newspaper had exposed the scandal surrounding pedophile priest Peter H., and the affair over sexual abuse in the church was getting dangerously close to the pope.

Peter H., a vicar from the western German city of Essen who had molested boys on several occasions, was sent to Munich in 1980, where he was assigned to work as a pastor again. As a result, he was able to abuse even more boys. The archbishop and chairman of the diocesan council, which approved H.'s appointment, was Joseph Ratzinger, now Pope Benedict XVI.

Ratzinger also chaired a meeting on Jan. 15, 1980, in which the pedophile priest's living arrangements and therapy were discussed. He must have been familiar with H.'s criminal past. Because of this, the diocese has, in recent weeks, left no stone unturned in its effort to explain why the current pope could not be held accountable for H.'s continued service in his diocese.

That effort has been supported by documents found in the diocese records office that related to H., and that were signed by someone else at the time: the loyal Vicar General Gerhard Gruber, Ratzinger's deputy during his time as archbishop.

Apparently no one on the crisis team objected to the idea of taking Pope Benedict "out of the firing line" and using Gruber, 81, as a scapegoat instead. On the morning of March 12, while the press office was busy drafting a statement in which Gruber was given the full blame for H.'s appointment to serve as a pastor, and that included Gruber's personal apology, a church official was badgering the retired priest on the phone.

But Gruber, who felt put under pressure, later confided in theologian friends. He told them that he had been emphatically "asked" to assume full responsibility for the affair, and that church officials had promptly faxed him a copy of the statement and instructed him to make any changes he deemed necessary.

'Incorrect Decisions'

According to the statement released by the archdiocese, Ratzinger was partly responsible for making the decision to accept H.'s appointment. "Notwithstanding this decision," however, H. was assigned "by the then vicar general" to assist in pastoral care, without restriction, in a Munich parish. The statement also read: "Gruber assumes full responsibility for the incorrect decisions." A spokesman for the archdiocese later added that Gruber had "acted on his own authority" in the case of Peter H.

Gruber's friends say that the old man was only familiar with parts of the statement, that he was apparently being used as a scapegoat and that he was also under additional emotional pressure. To everyone's surprise, Gruber wrote an open letter in which he qualified the archdiocese's statement, writing that he did not sign any documents over which he had no influence. He also noted that he was "very upset" about the "manner in which the incidents were portrayed" by the archdiocese. "And the phrase 'acted on his own authority' also wasn't discussed with me," he wrote.

The archdiocese was unwilling to comment on the accusations, except to state it continued to believe that the former vicar general had acted on his own authority in the case of Peter H., and that he had admitted to having made mistakes. Gruber has gone on a trip to recuperate from "weeks that have been very stressful for me." His loyalty is greatly appreciated in Munich. Archbishop Reinhard Marx, Gruber writes, has sent him his best wishes and "expressed his appreciation for my 'participation'."

article link;
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/...689761,00.html
    Last edited by giovonni; 20th April 2010 at 21:02.

19. Link to Post #54
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Nice follow up giavonni. Thanks for keeping us updated.

It creeps me out everytime I read about the denial,but this should not go unpunished or unreported.

I guess the churches position is "damage is done,we'll handle it internally,mind your own business,nothing happened,thats old news, lets move on."

Can you imagine anyone in the private sector having these allegations brought against them time and time again? These are the ones brought to our attention. How many unknown victoms are there? For how long? (shaking head)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to shybastid For This Post:

21. Link to Post #55
    Thanks

yes gio, thank you so much for keeping us updated, i long so much for a time where no child is hurt, i can never seem to understand why these things happen, on a head level i can......but never from a heart level. i just hope that all can be taken down bit by bit untill the core is exposed......then the healing can begin for humanity
    as above so below
    love m

22. Link to Post #56
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...-cardinal.html

I think I'm done with this..
    I can tell you in the 80's, a restaraunt I was a bartender,wine steward at.. where O.J. Simpson and the Reverend Robert Shuler(Glass Cathedral guy) hung out at.OK Hung out is an exaggeration.. I saw them each eat there more then once.The busboy actually dated Nicolles(OJ's murder'd wife) little sister. BIG Money hung out there.
    One night..we're ready to close... we get a call..."stay open,special friends are coming in"
    ALL young men studying to go into the priesthood with some priests.
    They were VERY effeminate that nite. I did'nt say they were gay(OK they acted like it). It was like a girls nite out.
    I did NOT put 2 and 2 toghether that I was molested as a child by a priest. I just thought.. "wow,are they allowed to be gay because they don't have sex with women?" "Is that cool with God?" THAT I remember.
    I will not address how big the money was that picked up that tab.
    I'm getting past this stuff.
    No drama..thought I'd share.
    I'll be happy to tell anyone the restaraunt, the background,owners,location. Not here though, I'm not that brave.
    I have a hard time when I read new stuff though. Anger,Frustration comes quick.. no more funny feelings in my stomach though. Thats a good thing.

23. Link to Post #57
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Those are interesting observations shybastid,
    yes there is no doubt (from my own personal observations~ from attending a catholic boarding school and also living within a large catholic monastery) that many gay men often have gravitated too the church. Note i am a hetrosexual male (and took my vow of celibacy very serious), but in fair telling here, i noted over a course of many years, many clergy members having hetrosexual relationships (with women) just as well. The idea of celibacy being placed (required) upon any young religious aspirants is maybe unrealistic (as well as possibly an unnatural condition)? In a monastery (religious) community, this condition (in my opinion) should be maintained and honored due to the living conditions and required religious devotion to vocation. The community would most likely descend into a un-discipline social mess (chaos). But in a church parish setting, to require a man or woman, to practice this lifestyle is foolish and goes aganist the natural purpose and flow of the vocational duties. How can any religious clergy member lead, advise or even counsel members of the congregation~ if they are to young in life (experiences), or also not in touch with the living situations or conditions of the flock?

The bottom line here is~ that pedophlia (child molestation) in these terms and situations ~ can be possibly related to physiological issues and has nothing to do with ones sexuality~ whether being defined in the terms of gay or straight.

my best to all~ giovonni
    Last edited by giovonni; 23rd April 2010 at 06:25.

24. Link to Post #58
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

25. Link to Post #59
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Friday April 23, 2010

Pope named in lawsuit

The Head of the Roman Catholic Church, Pope Benedict XVI, has come under renewed pressure over fresh allegations of abuse.

In an unprecedented move, he and the Vatican have been named in a lawsuit in a US federal court by an alleged victim.

The man’s lawyer wants the Vatican to release confidential documents, not compensation. It is the first time this has been done.

“This is the first case we have brought directly and exclusively against the Vatican and the first case in which there has ever been a demand for this kind of relief against the Vatican,” explained Jeff Anderson, the victim’s lawyer.

The case centres on a letter from the alleged victim written in 1995 to the Vatican. In it, the man claims he was molested over a number of years by the late Father Lawrence Murphy. It is yet another blow to the church as it grapples with these scandals.

Father Federico Lombardi, Head of the Vatican Press Office, hinted the latest scandals could be the work of people with an agenda against the Church.

“The situation has improved. The point is that, as the debate was re-launched in Europe in these last months, this gave, in some ways, spontaneously, some groups which, let’s say, don’t look upon the Church with favour, the occasion to re-open the debate, also in the United States, where actually the question had already been largely treated,” he said.

In Germany, Bishop Walter Mixa has submitted a letter of resignation to the Pope over allegations he beat children in the Augsburg diocese. Further news is set to rock the church with reports that a Bishop in Belgium has resigned.

Copyright © 2010 euronews
    story link here;
    http://www.euronews.net/2010/04/23/p...ed-in-lawsuit/

26. Link to Post #60
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

Found this on Rense.com today:

Database of Publicly Accused Priests in the United States

http://www.bishop-accountability.org...astName-M.html

+ Reply to Thread