+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brightly Painted Stairway in Turkey Starts Revolution Against Drab Gray Re: a kind of revolution of the people

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,451 times in 1,155 posts

Default Brightly Painted Stairway in Turkey Starts Revolution Against Drab Gray Re: a kind of revolution of the people

It is wonderful to see, when a community joins together , takes affirmative action it can cause change for a more colorful and beautiful world.
    Wouldn't it be nice if more communities could unite, join hands, and create love.

I post this item of news because it touched me when I viewed both the news and the video. I know it will touch others as well.

A 64 year-old man in Istanbul decided to brighten people's days by painting rainbow colors on the old, gray, crumbling stairs near his house.

When municipal officials sent workers after nightfall to hurriedly repaint the stairs gray, a quiet revolution started on Twitter.

Not only did volunteers come out to repaint those stairs that Huseyin Cetinel had spent hundreds of dollars on, they started painting other stairs and walkways in other cities around Turkey posting photos on social media.

Watch the video below which has some singing and depicts the location and event.

- READ the full story in the New York Times

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

aranuk (15th September 2013), Art (16th September 2013), binemaya (15th September 2013), Carmody (15th September 2013), christian (15th September 2013), DeDukshyn (15th September 2013), Dennis Leahy (15th September 2013), Ellisa (16th September 2013), Eram (15th September 2013), fifi (16th September 2013), Flash (16th September 2013), ghostrider (15th September 2013), Heather2017 (15th September 2013), Ivanhoe (16th September 2013), kenaz (16th September 2013), Kristin (16th September 2013), kudzy (15th September 2013), Mulder (16th September 2013), ozlemer (16th September 2013), sdv (16th September 2013), seko (15th September 2013), selinam (16th September 2013), skamandar (15th September 2013), soleil (16th September 2013), Sophocles (15th September 2013), Soul Safari (15th September 2013), TargeT (16th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (16th September 2013), twin fig (16th September 2013), ulli (16th September 2013), ViralSpiral (15th September 2013), wolf_rt (15th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,045 times in 10,211 posts

Default Re: Brightly Painted Stairway in Turkey Starts Revolution Against Drab Gray Re: a kind of revolution of the people

You know it's a fragile hold, when the color of a set of stairs can threaten it's grip and authority.

How weak, the hand? Now we shall see.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

aranuk (15th September 2013), fifi (16th September 2013), Heather2017 (15th September 2013), TargeT (16th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (16th September 2013), ulli (16th September 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Last edited by Soul Safari; 15th September 2013 at 18:43.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Soul Safari For This Post:

aranuk (16th September 2013), christian (15th September 2013), ghostrider (15th September 2013), kenaz (16th September 2013), Kristin (16th September 2013), rgray222 (16th September 2013), skamandar (15th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (16th September 2013), ulli (16th September 2013), Vitalux (15th September 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,357 times in 1,940 posts

Default Re: Brightly Painted Stairway in Turkey Starts Revolution Against Drab Gray Re: a kind of revolution of the people

I was in Turkey in June/July during the Giza protests which was exhilarating. The innovation came when an artist started protesting silently, just standing before a statue of Ataturk.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Ivanhoe (16th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (16th September 2013), ulli (16th September 2013), Vitalux (15th September 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,570 times in 818 posts

Turkey is my favourite country on Earth. I thought it was "boring" until I went there, then I loved it - I'd recommend everyone who can to go to Istanbul and explore it - it's amazing!

Last edited by Mulder; 22nd September 2013 at 19:53.
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

aranuk (16th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (16th September 2013), ulli (16th September 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,592 times in 6,628 posts

Quote Posted by Vitalux (here)
    It is wonderful to see, when a community joins together , takes affirmative action it can cause change for a more colorful and beautiful world.
    Wouldn't it be nice if more communities could unite, join hands, and create love.

I post this item of news because it touched me when I viewed both the news and the video. I know it will touch others as well.

A 64 year-old man in Istanbul decided to brighten people's days by painting rainbow colors on the old, gray, crumbling stairs near his house.

When municipal officials sent workers after nightfall to hurriedly repaint the stairs gray, a quiet revolution started on Twitter.

Not only did volunteers come out to repaint those stairs that Huseyin Cetinel had spent hundreds of dollars on, they started painting other stairs and walkways in other cities around Turkey posting photos on social media.

Watch the video below which has some singing and depicts the location and event.

this is what the world would look like if the people took control of their cities away from government ... colorfull and beautiful and everyone pitching in to help ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

aranuk (16th September 2013), fifi (16th September 2013), Ivanhoe (16th September 2013), ozlemer (16th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (16th September 2013), ulli (16th September 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    You know it's a fragile hold, when the color of a set of stairs can threaten it's grip and authority.

How weak, the hand? Now we shall see.
    Or foothold.
    evil contains the seeds of its own destruction—unslaved
    http://www.michaeltsarion.com/

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kenaz For This Post:

aranuk (16th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (16th September 2013), ulli (16th September 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 52,760 times in 8,858 posts

The first stairs seems to be in a cosy neighborhood on the bosphorus. The second set of stairs were right next where i was living. Nice. The reasons why artist will protest next to Ataturk picture is that he created a secular country with secular laws, not at all what the religious elected government wants. The army must and does protect the secular constitution which must be why a few generals have been arrested lately. They must have been fomenting a take over which they have the constitutional right to do if the constitution is in jeopardy Quite a different thinking

Quote Posted by Vitalux (here)

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member rgray222's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,913 times in 1,006 posts

Kind of a revolution of happiness!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

aranuk (16th September 2013), TelosianEmbrace (16th September 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (16th September 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,357 times in 1,940 posts

Quote Posted by Mulder (here)
    Turkey is my favourite country on Earth. I thought it was "boring" until I went there, then I loved it - I'd recommend everyone who can to go to Istanbul and explore it - it's amazing!
    I gotto agree wiv ya Mulder. I love Turkey too. I have been going at least twice a year for more than thirty years. Istanbul is great. We usually stay with my friend who stays in Beyoglu just at Tunel end of Istiklal. We also stay in the Assos region near Kucukkuyu.

Stan
    If you don't follow your spirit without hesitation, you end up following your hesitation without spirit.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to aranuk For This Post:

Mulder (22nd September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread