+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Geithner asked Larry Summers to hold secret meetings with top bankers

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,854 times in 21,553 posts

Default Geithner asked Larry Summers to hold secret meetings with top bankers

Some dirt on Larry Summers was exposed by Greg Palast three weeks ago, and is now going viral on the "alternative" media sites. Greg Palast has uncovered a 1997 memo from Timothy Geithner at the US Deparment of Treasury memo to Larry Summers, recommending he hold secret meetings with the specific top banking officials listed by name and phone number, in the memo.

From Greg Palast's website, here are the opening words of his August 22, 2013 article on this:
    When a little birdie dropped the End Game memo through my window, its content was so explosive, so sick and plain evil, I just couldn't believe it.

The Memo confirmed every conspiracy freak's fantasy: that in the late 1990s, the top US Treasury officials secretly conspired with a small cabal of banker big-shots to rip apart financial regulation across the planet. When you see 26.3% unemployment in Spain, desperation and hunger in Greece, riots in Indonesia and Detroit in bankruptcy, go back to this End Game memo, the genesis of the blood and tears.

The Treasury official playing the bankers' secret End Game was Larry Summers. Today, Summers is Barack Obama's leading choice for Chairman of the US Federal Reserve, the world's central bank. If the confidential memo is authentic, then Summers shouldn't be serving on the Fed, he should be serving hard time in some dungeon reserved for the criminally insane of the finance world.
    Here is the Youtube video of an interview with Greg Palast, uploaded two days ago, September 13, 2013:

Here is a screen shot of this 1992 memo:
    Perhaps (unlikely, I suppose, but an amusing possibility) this is related to Larry Summers just now withdrawing from consideration to replace Ben Bernanke as Chairman of the Federal Reserve (posted here: Larry Summers Withdraws From Fed Chairman Race ).
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 16th September 2013 at 03:12.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

conk (16th September 2013), Cristian (16th September 2013), cursichella1 (17th September 2013), fifi (16th September 2013), Griff (16th September 2013), lastlegs (16th September 2013), Lefty Dave (16th September 2013), Redstar Kachina (16th September 2013), Reinhard (16th September 2013), Selene (16th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread