+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Genius! The Smartphone Revolution: Phonebloks

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member AlexanderLight's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 times in 156 posts

Default Genius! The Smartphone Revolution: Phonebloks

A phone only lasts a couple of years before it breaks or becomes obsolete. Although it's often just one part which killed it, we throw everything away since it's almost impossible to repair or upgrade. So here is the alternative: a smartphone made of "blocks" (i.e. parts) which can be changed by oneself. In my opinion, this is a huge step into the future and it will greatly reduce costs, pollution and waste.

If you like the idea and want to make it viral, please visit phonebloks.com, join the thunderclap and share. Let's make the Phonebloks happen!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AlexanderLight For This Post:

Azt (17th September 2013), Bill Ryan (17th September 2013), Carmen (19th September 2013), Jayke (17th September 2013), kersley (17th September 2013), Magnus (18th September 2013), Midnight Rambler (17th September 2013), Nickolai (17th September 2013), Richard S. (18th September 2013), sheme (17th September 2013), silverfish (17th September 2013), Spirithorse (17th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 times in 262 posts

Default Re: Genius! The Smartphone Revolution: Phonebloks

it's naive to think that corporations would let you have that level of freedom in your hands
    no matter how many or how loud you shout at them, it will never happen, it never did
    how many such inventions go to the trash bin of oblivion every day

instead, give them a good blow and stop using cells, at all
    but who's gona do that

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dim For This Post:

apokalypse (17th September 2013), Rollo (17th September 2013), soleil (17th September 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

we could have new these phone/tablet by only upgrade certain hardware but with corporations they add this and abit of that to make new release every year which we don't need. Comes to think of it all corps are the same control by same elites...

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Ivanhoe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,824 times in 1,856 posts

Most people seem to be caught up in the "I got to have the newest thing out there", keeping up with the Jones" kinda thing.
    I have a $15 LG phone for talking and text and I use a phone card, not a monthly plan.
    Everything else I want or need I get through my computer.
    I don't need a $200 phone every 9-12 months.

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by dim (here)
    it's naive to think that corporations would let you have that level of freedom in your hands
    no matter how many or how loud you shout at them, it will never happen, it never did
    how many such inventions go to the trash bin of oblivion every day

instead, give them a good blow and stop using cells, at all
    but who's gona do that
    There is an open source movement in the world of electronics and software. How effective it is, depends on those who walk the walk.

here is an example of what greed does. The man had cause, but to deny the world this material, for example, to make aircraft out of. Or cars. To drop fuel consumption in the world by an approximate 10-20%. Worth billions but he was over protective. To deny the world that, out of greed. The man apprently had a very poor understanding of how things work in the world of business and finance, in any form of organization. His demands, if true, were so unrealistic that if he were to create a business to manufacture the product, it would collapse itself from such profit demands. Yes, that his own company would fall apart from such financial profit stressing.

This technology has virtually died with him. We can expect that someone has extracted it somewhere, through. (think: government and corporate black ops)(this is an actual 'star trek'/'star wars' material)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlite

Found more information. the original article (wiki) seems as if it may be misrepresenting him.

Uploaded on Mar 4, 2009

Some years ago, on BBC Tomorrow's World a man called Maurice Ward demonstrated that a compound he had developed exhibited unique properties and would provide protection against extreme temperatures. He demonstrated his material, which he called Starlite, by painting on a raw egg, playing a 1500c flame on the egg and then to the general amazement, cracking the egg and showing that it remained uncooked - Starlite had protected it from the heat.

Following the demonstration there was tremendous interest in Starlite from Governments, NASA, Boeing etc etc and Maurice slid away from public gaze.

Rumours abounded as to what had became of Starlite and indeed Maurice Ward.

I recently met up with him, his account of what actually happened is almost as amazing as the things he has been up to since that time. I have pursuaded him that there is still a large interest in his work amongst the general public and that he should publish some of his videos and accounts of his work on the Internet and I am working with him on this right now.

As a taster, Maurice repeated his famous egg test and this is the video.

Please do add a comment and help me encourage Maurice to step out of the shadows, tell us the full story and show us some more things.
    Bernie

Please Note all rights reserved, The Title and IPR in Starlite (c) are owned and reserved by Maysight Leasing 1985 to 2009
    Last edited by Carmody; 17th September 2013 at 14:31.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Bongo (17th September 2013), Ivanhoe (17th September 2013), Midnight Rambler (17th September 2013)

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

It's a way for them to put their advertisers inside as well as spyware. You know the "snoop agencies" will have their ear to it also, as well as eyes.

Building bloks positive, is the learning of the system to reassemble when an emergency is about. I don't know about it, I'm just getting the handle on my phone. Those touch screens and finger printers won't work for me, as I cut my hands regularly working my yard and garden. When I try to answer my hubby's when it's ringing, the roughness on finger won't allow me to turn it no to answer in time. My intuition is, it's probably to keep it simple for communication only.

10. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

this phoneblok thing is for non-technical person but for geek or technical person they could do upgrade certain hardware on any devices but corperation doesnt allow to so that they can sell devices every year with better cpu-ram-camera...

2 words popup in my head when i saw this thread...Status Symbol and Consumerism.
    Last edited by apokalypse; 18th September 2013 at 01:57.

11. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member Positive Vibe Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 546 posts

this would require all corporations needing to work together and make all their tech available, and then split the profits. it is NEVER going to happen in the current monetary system. Even open source would be squashed before it begun.
    I am the underdog, I am one of many faces,
    In a room full of people, I wouldn't change any places

+ Reply to Thread