Thread: News from the UK ... Job / society Related

1. Link to Post #1
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 times in 519 posts

Default News from the UK ... Job / society Related

This is an article from The Telegraph:

Reduce working week to 30 hours, say economists

This article doesnt get in much details but i am amazed at the way they try to pass this ...

for example :
    "
    Companies should be encouraged to give workers more time off instead of pay rises, while young people starting out in the job market could work a four-day week, as has happened in the Netherlands, it notes.
    "

In a global economy that every month the expenses get raised they want to freeze the pay raises? I guess less hours means more people so this will reduce the official "Unemployed" numbers also ...

its for our health and well being o.O

"Having too little time to call our own can seriously damage our health and wellbeing, our family life, friendships and communities."

"No one should be made to work long and unsocial hours to make ends meet. Low pay and long-hours working must be tackled at the same time."

Its all to get us used to this and later on DEMAND from the Governments this ...

And then you have these 2 articles

I guess political games or ... reminds me of DHS "The Fed knows better "
    Clegg announces free school meals plan

This will make everyone that drinks treated as a drug addict? Whats next alcohol tests on people walking ??
    Police Back Private 'Drunk Tanks' For Revellers

I see the same movie start playing in the UK that we saw in the USA but in fast forward ...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Etherios For This Post:

avid (18th September 2013), giovonni (18th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,783 times in 2,666 posts

Default Re: News from the UK ... Job / society Related

Sorry - I'm a bit confused with all the links - but to reduce hours = reduced pay isn't positive.
    Cleggy being unrealistic - a fruit kebab? Our children need real non-GMO food - what is in their menu?
    Regarding the acceptance of drunken behaviour in this twisted 'new' culture - stop the promotion of cheap alcohol. I noticed this via Alcopops pushed into the supermarkets in the early 80's - my juvenile niece was subjected to a 'drink or be-a-nerd' major subliminal advertising campaign. And so it goes on - we have now got a shot-drinking acceptance of 'fun'. This is promoted via TV programmes like "Magaluf Weekend" et al. What is going on? Trashing/minimalising our children to be total numb-skulls who have no idea of what is really going on in the real world. Simon Cowell "Mr 33rd degree Freemason" is complicit in all of this. X-Factor = brain death. I am totally disgusted - how can we be so naive?
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

4. Link to Post #3
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks

well i give up ...

i was just told by a friend that works in a UK bank and has studied finances that this article is awesome ... we will work less and then the market will adjust lower o.O so the living standard will not drop. We will just work less o.O.

amazing people are just amazing. The markets will adjust o.O ...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Etherios For This Post:

avid (19th September 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,783 times in 2,666 posts

Sorry to disappoint. The slavery continues.
    However - I do agree to a 'drunk tank' BUT there are OTT uncontrollables, and slightly inebrious, for a short while - with large fines for both is not fair. The sale of alcohol hours in the UK must be minimised, (no thanks to Tony BLIAR) and those who purvey the cheapest and therefore promoting the worst behaviours should be heavily fined. Somehow we have to get our younger generations back to civilised caring behaviours. Then, perhaps - employers will have some confidence in the long-term investment of apprenticeships. Whomsoever in any past governments minimised the value of vocational work and training needs to be pillioried. We now have few trained experts in the utilities trades, just poor folk extrapolating the ideologies/climate change brigade et al and acquiring so-called degrees from what used to be valuable training sources asset-stripped by government trends and issues. Where is the person linked to a 'qualified tradesperson' as an apprentice these days? There is a formidable force out there wanting this, but demeaned by the force to 'go to University' and pay terrible debts for the rest of their lives - all for zilch return. Wake up - let your children learn whatever way they want, and stop being 'Uni-snobs' as you are being duped....
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

7. Link to Post #5
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks

well the propaganda is going strong in UK ... Working longer is costing us all

+ Reply to Thread