+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: House votes to starve Americans

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: House votes to starve Americans

Quote Posted by CD7 (here)
    The systems been set up to keep us dependent...

We have LAND everywhere being taken up by GRASS! Anyone want to make "grass" a dirty word--this is it!!! Instead of having eatable plants and trees in ALL these spaces?

No as it stands now we might as well be PETS home fed---dependent on the master, instead of taking the BULL BY THE HORNS and becoming our own master

When is humanity going to grow a set of balls?? Noone can do it alone...we have to all stand together and bring our balls with us. I hope I witness such a act...perhaps when everyones belly is hungry? That will usual bring the beast out--balls included
    You can eat grass. Most people do not realize that.
    Hi, I will look you directly in your eyes and tell you wholeheartedly that I love you.

Will you run, or reciprocate?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeBron For This Post:

Chanlo23 (21st September 2013), jagman (21st September 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,322 times in 1,900 posts

These kind of stories always hit me hard. When I was 9 years old my father left my mother and
    she had 3 boys and 1 girl to support. He had a very well paying job at the mines 25 $ an hour.
    He refused to pay child support. Back then there wasnt alot of laws on the books enforcing it.
    Anyway he was well thought of in the community because he had played baseball for the
    Cincinnati Reds AAA organization So my mother could get no help. She went to work has a
    waitress at a local restaurant. She made about 150 dollars a week ( Not Much to support 4 kids)
    I can recall so many nites my mom made us potato soup or beans or rice for dinner. Just one meal
    a day. I would go to bed so hungry. Some nites I would sneak to my mothers door hearing her
    crying because she did not have enough food to feed us. She eventually went to school and got
    a good job and took very good care of us.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

AriG (22nd September 2013), CD7 (21st September 2013), Chanlo23 (21st September 2013), Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), PurpleLama (23rd September 2013), Rich (21st September 2013), spiritwind (21st September 2013)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

People will wake up really fast in 2014 to no food stamps like these poor brain washed saps

They are so happy with food stamps I would hate to be in a large city when they pull the rug from underneath the poor it'll be a zombie apocalypses.

6. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,891 times in 1,408 posts

Quote You can eat grass. Most people do not realize that
    Well good to know Debron!! If theres a food shortage ill just plop my happy ass on the ground and start grazing...

For the love of god were living like cattle anyway ...WHY not eat like em too!!!
    We X Billions want to change the world and it appears we are......
    PARADISE IS POSSIBLE EVERYWHERE 4 EVERYONE

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (26th September 2013), spiritwind (21st September 2013), T Smith (23rd September 2013)

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    These kind of stories always hit me hard. When I was 9 years old my father left my mother and
    she had 3 boys and 1 girl to support. He had a very well paying job at the mines 25 $ an hour.
    He refused to pay child support. Back then there wasnt alot of laws on the books enforcing it.
    Anyway he was well thought of in the community because he had played baseball for the
    Cincinnati Reds AAA organization So my mother could get no help. She went to work has a
    waitress at a local restaurant. She made about 150 dollars a week ( Not Much to support 4 kids)
    I can recall so many nites my mom made us potato soup or beans or rice for dinner. Just one meal
    a day. I would go to bed so hungry. Some nites I would sneak to my mothers door hearing her
    crying because she did not have enough food to feed us. She eventually went to school and got

I was left in a similar position.
    Its the most difficult situation to be a single mother on the poverty line in the jungle---one of the worst positions to be in!

However once I went back to school to get a better job....the economy flipped and so did housing, so the hole I kept trying to get out of just kept caving in WITH MY COLLEGE EDUCATION

My boys are older and not living with me anymore, so me scraping by now doesn't bother me HALF as much as when I had them depending on me, but I know the stress, hurt, and pain tht goes along with it

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (23rd September 2013), jagman (21st September 2013), kcbc2010 (21st September 2013), spiritwind (21st September 2013)

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,609 times in 20,703 posts

It's doubtful this will pass in the Senate, and Obama has a say in it as well, so all is not lost for hungry Americans.
    Each breath a gift...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

jagman (21st September 2013), Sierra (23rd September 2013)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by AriG (here)
    The House of Representatives on Thursday approved sweeping reforms to the nation's food stamp program that would cut some $40 billion in nutrition aid over 10 years and deny benefits to millions starting in 2014.
    Unfortunately, the little kids go hungry anyway. The parents often either swipe their cards for another purchaser who then pays them cash for drug money or the parents use the money to buy lobster tails and filet mignon on the first and then end up at the freestore foodbank on the 15th. There are a number of churches that cater lunches into the children in the summer because without the school breakfast and lunch program being available due to summer break, these kids might not eat or eat very little. A HUD inspector visits annually to randomly inspect units to ensure the management company ( us ) is maintaining the occupied homes to standards. During these inspections, we see nothing but chip bags and cereal boxes. We are going to be investigating opening a green grocer in the commercial space in the building with fresh fruit, vegetables, organic selections and a real non gmo/organic butcher/deli. The cities are food deserts and this may contribute to the starvation issue. Our plan would be to accept the food cards and offer healthy cooking/eating classes, etc. A small step in a very vast ocean unfortunately.
    1) Recently some of my stay-at-home mom friends "discovered" the summer school lunch as a cheap way to feed their kids. I was so ticked because the program is meant for the very poor, not middle-class parents trying to scam a free meal for their kids. No ID or verification of need required.

2) In my state, there's been a lot of welfare reform lately because lottery winners didn't have to report their winnings to add towards their assets when applying or receiving benefits. Needless to say, that's stopped. Also, the college kids can't apply for food stamps anymore because they are supported by their parents.

3) I like the idea of urban farming, but it does take a lot to convince people that it's worth doing. It's really quite sick how much food our society wastes and yet people still starve. I have a hard time with that sometimes.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kcbc2010 For This Post:

CD7 (22nd September 2013), jagman (21st September 2013), rgray222 (22nd September 2013)

14. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Haha FREE LUNCH in school is really not a benefit! Check out this savory delight I opened up last week---I work in the schools in my county

I believe its a Bologna Burrito? It went straight into the TRASH! I cant believe there giving children this...sad

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (23rd September 2013), jagman (23rd September 2013), PHARAOH (23rd September 2013)

16. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 times in 324 posts

Haha FREE LUNCH in school is really not a benefit! Check out this savory delight I opened up last week---I work in the schools in my county

I believe its a Bologna Burrito? It went straight into the TRASH! I cant believe there giving children this...sad
    I guess it's true when they say, "Beggers can't bee choosers". I know this may seem a bit extreme however, it is the only way out. Only when we are faced with losing that which we have grown dependent on, will be begin to create a new reality. Think of how many of us whom once worked for someone, now own a business due to the economic downturn and are now their own boss or have opened a new business or revenue stream that did not exist in their thoughts or minds prior to the downturn. It is a necessary evil IMHO. It can only make us better, stronger and more independent of them, (Government).
    "AMOR", Familia!

Seek "KNOWLEDGE" from Cradle to the Grave!!! quote, Dr. Malachi Z. York

17. Link to Post #30
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Quote Posted by jagman (here)

I was left in a similar position.
    Its the most difficult situation to be a single mother on the poverty line in the jungle---one of the worst positions to be in!

However once I went back to school to get a better job....the economy flipped and so did housing, so the hole I kept trying to get out of just kept caving in WITH MY COLLEGE EDUCATION

My boys are older and not living with me anymore, so me scraping by now doesn't bother me HALF as much as when I had them depending on me, but I know the stress, hurt, and pain tht goes along with it
    Respect to Jags mom and to you Christine, I can somewhat relate, my mother got pregnant at 16, got forced into marriage with my father ( depressed drunk), got divorced ( absolute scandal in those days) did not take a dime from him, she went to school to provide for me, but her studying years were hard on my since I was very small, kid with a key around his neck, taking care of myself from a young age ( left some scars), I can remember her crying over the bills and being totally fobic of the mailbox and pissed off at me because I stole all the cookies I could to stuff my face with, she never blamed me, I never blamed her, I have the utmost respect for single parents, hard choices have to be made there, not seldom these choices leave scars at the ones who did not have a voice yet.

40 billion in cuts devided by 57 million= ???? Stealing food from people who depend on it for their survival is mass murder, they want riots, they want wrol, how can it be not be about that, and guess who will be the first to bite the bullets, the most vulnerable.

18. Link to Post #31
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

WTF, that looks like a decomposing rehydrated squids @sshole or something similar mysteriously revolting!!

Yummy

19. Link to Post #32
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Giving something to able bodied people, with zero expectation they reciprocate in some small way, is the worst thing you can do to both the individual and big business. When govts engage in corporate welfare they are encouraging moral hazard. When govts dole out welfare too readily-- same thing. People should be helped, if they are unemployed. But...why not take those same populations, organize bus service to farming areas, during planting or harvest, and have them do even a few hours of work, if they can. Sweep streets, pick up garbage, visit the elderly housebound, look after people's pets who are working, etc...Part of the problem with govt induced sloth is it encourages obesity, not taking care of appearance, etc.. The able bodied start to give off social cues that they have a major problem and therefore actually do have a problem finding work, after a time.

People will complain if they are treated like children but then happily accept handouts without reciprocating in some even symbolic way. That is the essence of childhood--and many people and societies have been ruined in this way.
    Last edited by AutumnW; 23rd September 2013 at 20:21.

20. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote WTF, that looks like a decomposing rehydrated squids @sshole or something similar mysteriously revolting!!

Yummy

I know right!! I was so appalled by it...And by the way people this food was paid for by me and also other children pay for this...its not only for FREE lunch

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (23rd September 2013), jagman (23rd September 2013)

22. Link to Post #34
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 778 neighbour of some guy (here)

WTF, that looks like a decomposing rehydrated squids @sshole or something similar mysteriously revolting!!

Yummy
    Unfortunately, when kids are given healthy food, they often end up throwing it out. Catering to kid's preferences is highly problematic. So there are a number of negative contributing influences to a so-called helpful system

23. The Following User Says Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (23rd September 2013)

24. Link to Post #35
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Catering to kid's preferences is highly problematic.
    My mom used to say to me "gewoon eten wat de pot schaft" ( you eat whats on the table), meaning this is it sonny boy, you eat it or you don't, this isn't a hotel, so I did, and the food was in general reasonably healthy, greens or whatever color, rice or taters and some meat, yoghurt for desert, so when you don't have allergies for greens and salad, eat the friggin salad, catering to needs is not the same as catering to wants, when at all possible, learning how and what to eat starts at home, so imo........................schools should not give them a choice, school meals should be healthy, its not that much more expensive and they will kill a lot less kids slowly that way. So..........amazing your tax dollars are used to feed kids in their developing years crap, cant be all that great for the squid too btw, ending up in a sphincter burrito.

Eten wat de pot schaft!

Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 23rd September 2013 at 21:00.

25. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Quote Unfortunately, when kids are given healthy food, they often end up throwing it out. Catering to kid's preferences is highly problematic. So there are a number of negative contributing influences to a so-called helpful system
    I agree it has not been a helpful system, more of a system for dependency on the most basic thing for survival.

If every community had its own farm and people helped to cultivate it, and the people were taught--conditioned to grow their own in their yards, and every space taken up by grass was all produce-----HOW DIFFERENT WOULD THT LOOK?

Like cells of a body taking care of its own.....as it is now ALL the cells on the body are dependent upon sustenance say like from a finger--and thts it! Not much health and happiness comes from a body that is not working in harmony

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CD7 For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (23rd September 2013), jagman (23rd September 2013)

27. Link to Post #37
    United States Avalon Member Conchis's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,259 times in 274 posts

Does anyone else get the idea that there are groups that actually want a violent conflict and are doing anything in the world they can to start it? I mean, this whole idea of crashing the economy (the end result of defaulting on US debt) or creating huge populations of starving people (folks WILL riot when they are starving to death). For the life of me I don't see the purpose, but the circumstantial evidence is so strong that it's impossible to ignore. Oh yeah, I forgot, let's take health care away as well. Just the kind of society that we all invision, a starving, unemployed mass of sick people with no way out. Amazing.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Conchis For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (24th September 2013), CD7 (24th September 2013), jagman (26th September 2013)

29. Link to Post #38
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Conchis (here)
    Does anyone else get the idea that there are groups that actually want a violent conflict and are doing anything in the world they can to start it? I mean, this whole idea of crashing the economy (the end result of defaulting on US debt) or creating huge populations of starving people (folks WILL riot when they are starving to death). For the life of me I don't see the purpose, but the circumstantial evidence is so strong that it's impossible to ignore. Oh yeah, I forgot, let's take health care away as well. Just the kind of society that we all invision, a starving, unemployed mass of sick people with no way out. Amazing.
    I share your thoughts, deliberately cutting of the food supply to the people will cause riots, the most vulnerable and unprepared will be the first to start rioting because they will be the ones first affected by it, they will also be used as an example when they crush them with batons, water cannon, riot control microwaves, gas and fast moving steel incased lead ( and god knows what else).

And then.......................................................................everybody's screwed, if you have prepared, you better pretend you haven't and get in line for soup and make sure you don't get fat by eating your preps all at once because your neighbor will kick in the door, his kids are hungry too.

Your local petting zoo will run out of animals in hours, the squirrels and rabbits in your parks will be dead in a week, and have I told you already you have mighty fine looking thighs for a white dude, pass the ketchup please.

Having the people kill each other is very efficient and cheap, you just have to make sure they keep at it and mop up when they are done.

I'd hate to be a pet
    Last edited by 778 neighbour of some guy; 24th September 2013 at 10:35.

30. Link to Post #39
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Conchis (here)
    You don't see the purpose because you don't have the same set of attitudes, emotional needs and thought patterns as a psychopathic criminal. Count yourself lucky. There is no purpose other than winning, duping delight, expressing contempt, having the most sex with the sexiest humans, and eating the best food. I think that's about as far as it goes in terms of a plan for most of these a**holes. Forgive my bluntness, but that is their essence. They don't care and they don't care that they don't care. If it's in their best interest to provide food stamps, they'll do that. If it's not, they won't. Think of the lowest, most craven s.o.b you can imagine and then multiply times ten all the horrid character traits--that's them.

Not a good idea to accept anything from them if there is any way it can be avoided.

Food stamps are a federal program, I think. The states will have to make up the shortfall. That ain't going to be pretty.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

CD7 (25th September 2013), Conchis (25th September 2013), jagman (26th September 2013)

32. Link to Post #40
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Sweet Jesus. I cannot let that go without comment.

How can anyone blame the poor?

Here in Ontario we had a run of years with a conservative government that went on a rampage over the deadbeat slobs on welfare and their greedy, needy ways. They slashed funding to the point where now most welfare recipients get $200 for the month. $200! And that bunch of NAZIS in power whipped up support for their cause amongst the rich and middle class. It was an orgy of self-righteous BS that almost everyone joined in on. It was very disturbing to watch the most vulnerable, those with no political clout and no financial wherewithall, being targeted by those with way more than they need. It was an outrageous legacy that we are still living with today.

The poor are not the problem, but they are an easy target.

Please remember that some of us have chosen to voluntarily live with much less, we are consciously poor.

And also, trying to nit pick or pigeon-hole the problem is not the answer. The financial system is a scam, that is a good place to start. They have stolen our heritage our wealth and converted into a means to deprive and control. We should all be very rich with not a care in the world but the GCs have pitted us against each other. Do not be decieved. It is not the poor who are at fault. It is you, and you, and you - and me.

Please keep focussed and stop picking people out of the group. We are all in this together. We are all both at fault and innocent of any wrong-doing. And when you pull out the sword of division, you first impale yourself with it. Sheath that sword, my friends. It can only derail our efforts.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

CD7 (26th September 2013), jagman (26th September 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast