+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trucker's Strike

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Default Trucker's Strike

A group of truckers plans to shut down DC to protest the government and its “bulls**t.” The rally, happening on October 11 for three days, will question the Obama administration’s “corruption against the Constitution.”

http://benswann.com/truckers-shuttin...nd-its-bullst/

http://ridefortheconstitution.org/

Well, I don't know if this initiative will get "legs" and go viral, but it bears paying attention to. Considering that DC is sabre rattling, posturing over the debt ceiling, filibustering over Obamacare, etc. my guess would be, that an emergency extension will be implemented (four days to go) and the market will react, while the truckers strike could really throw a wrench into the works at a rather auspicious moment.

If this initiative goes viral, they are calling for all of us to also not go to work for three days, to send a strong message to DC that we are fed up and have had enough.

Suffice it to say, make sure you have provisions on hand.
    Last edited by gripreaper; 28th September 2013 at 05:50.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

avid (28th September 2013), Billy (29th September 2013), binemaya (28th September 2013), enfoldedblue (28th September 2013), genevieve (28th September 2013), Krist (28th September 2013), MorningSong (30th September 2013), naste.de.lumina (28th September 2013), Richard S. (29th September 2013), Sabrina (28th September 2013), sheme (28th September 2013), sigma6 (29th September 2013), SilentFeathers (7th October 2013), soleil (28th September 2013), Spiral of Light (28th September 2013), Wind (28th September 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,457 times in 2,874 posts

Default Re: Trucker's Strike

Anyone into numerology? I reckon 11 Oct is a powerful number, but don't know enough about it. Good if our fellow truckers the other side of the pond would park around UK's Parliament Square as well ...
    Oh my ears and whiskers, how late it's getting!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sabrina For This Post:

spiritguide (28th September 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Soundas like a great idea, but... don't hold yer breath on it.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

Lefty Dave (28th September 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

That which Miss Zeeda Andrews does not seem to understand is that all Transportaion, is Federally controlled, even Independent Owner Operators, in the Truckin industry, and she can go to prison for trying to organise a strike. Plus the fact that you can't get 10 drivers to agree on anything, let alone all of them.. on the same day. ccc.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

ginnyk (28th September 2013), Mulder (30th September 2013), soleil (28th September 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,409 times in 838 posts

Quote Posted by sirdipswitch (here)
    Plus the fact that you can't get 10 drivers to agree on anything, let alone all of them.. on the same day. ccc.
    Where's the Rubber Duck, Pig-pen, and SpiderMike when you need them.
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Orph For This Post:

GaelVictor (29th September 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,137 times in 500 posts

I wonder if this will turn out like the bikers' trip to Wash DC a few weeks ago...not a word from anyone, anywhere...almost like a non-event...sad business...this media of ours...
    end of line.
    If people can be made to believe absurdities, then they can be made to accept atrocities."

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lefty Dave For This Post:

gripreaper (28th September 2013), MorningSong (30th September 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,844 times in 876 posts

The biker thing was a non event because biking is nonessential recreation. Trucking is essential. It brings us food and other essential items including gasoline. Might be an excuse for the government to declare martial law as they have been wanting to do and start WWIII while our attention is diverted to where's our food.

Who knows, this Miss Zeeda Andrews could end up jailed as a terrorist without legal representation as is now allowed under NDAA. Who knows who Miss Zeeda Andrews is. She could even be a NWO plant. Many internet posts also label her as anti Muslims- a hate monger.

Meanwhile the truckers could be portrayed as the bad guys by the media with lots of photos of hungry people and garbage piled in the streets. The Huffington Post reported that the effort "was dismissed by the American Trucking Associations (ATA), the largest trade organization for truckers"... "We're not a sponsor or a supporter, and we certainly don't condone it," ATA spokesman Sean McNally told The Huffington Post."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to grannyfranny100 For This Post:

Lefty Dave (29th September 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

When the trucks are driverless then hackers can make this strike happen, but for now I doubt many drivers will take part as they are too poor/busy to strike...Those that do will no-doubt get DBC - or cops will just break into their trucks and impound them...
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Darla Ken Pearce's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,609 times in 1,338 posts

On Facebook and in real life, I have about 45 trucker friends and none of them had heard of this strike (when I asked them) nor are they planning to participate in it ~ now that they know.

Most of their serious grievances are NOT with the government, they are against how they are being treated by the large corporations they work for in most cases. In fact, they are underpaid and overworked with only the Department of Transportation's (DOT) regulations to stop the companies from demanding the most outrageous hours and conditions.

These laws and regulations make it unlawful not to have x-amount of sleep and so forth. Their companies are the perceived enemy, if possible they would run them ragged. At least with the truckers I know. They are barely getting by but not because of the government. Their perceived harassment by government agencies has not advanced far enough to call for a strike as yet.

These truckers are from all over the country so I feel they are a bellwether on Truckers in general but who knows for sure? Just my impression from listening to them talk among themselves.

Most of them yawned when they heard about the strike.

They didn't seem to have the foggiest notion about going on strike in Washington D.C. and most would opt out anyway with the economic conditions being what they are right now. They know about the strike (by now), but will not participate if it really happens. They'd lose their jobs for sure.

So, it's looking to me like this may be a non-event in the making.

As we all realize, truckers have great power and could easily shut the country down in a matter of days, stores would have no available supplies. Truckers certainly know this but "A STRIKE" was news to the guys and gals driving these big rigs as far as I can tell. So don't get your hopes up, folks...

However on second thought, I will say that none of them work for the teamsters or a company that belongs to a union, so this could make a difference in my personal tally. Perhaps if there really is a strike, it's organized on that basis by the unions? It would explain the blank expressions I got from my guys...

This demonstration ~ if it does takes place, is a far cry from people protesting on Wall Street. Truckers could shut EVERYTHING down! Never mind government not being funded... but I guess we will see in a few days time what happens next.

Let's hope for the best for everyone concerned. Blessings to all of us whatever happens...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Darla Ken Pearce For This Post:

MorningSong (30th September 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

this flop of an idea is brought to you by Teamsters - Tea Msters = Tea Masters

why is it they can't find someone with at least a 3rd grade education to put it together and sound like they have brains?

every one of these that pop up just make people shake their head in disbelief...

+ Reply to Thread