Thread: US Government shutdown, Tuesday Oct 1, 2013

1. Link to Post #241
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Default Re: US Government shutdown, Tuesday Oct 1, 2013

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Senate Leaders Strike Deal to Raise Debt and End Government Shutdown

Senate majority leader Harry Reid announces compromise. Republicans concede defeat.

http://www.alternet.org/senate-leade...tter910968&t=4
    Quote October 16, 2013 |

Republican leaders conceded defeat in their two-week battle to derail Barack Obama's healthcare reforms on Wednesday, agreeing to a series of votes that were likely to re-open the government and avert a looming debt default.

With just hours until a deadline set by the US Treasury for extending the debt limit, House speaker John Boehner signalled he was ready to accept a Senate-drafted peace deal that contained almost no concessions to conservatives who had driven the country the brink of a new financial crisis.

Harry Reid, the Senate majority leader, announced the deal on the the floor of the Senate just after midday. He called for all sides to work together to implement the deal. "Now is not the time for pointing fingers," he said.

Mitch McConnell, the Republican minority leader, acknowledged the fight was over and said the shutdown and debt crisis should be over later on Wednesday.

"This has been a long, challenging few weeks," McConnell said. "This is far less than many of us had hoped for, but it is far better than some had sought."

The deal crafted by Reid and McConnell will fund the government until 15 January and lift the debt ceiling until 7 February. It will force both sides into a formal budget conference to try to reach a longer-term deal by 13 December.

The only apparent change to the Affordable Care Act, which Republicans had targeted in their budget standoff, involves asking the Obama administration to carry out better checks on the incomes of those applying to take part in new insurance exchanges.

A senior Republican aide told the Guardian that Boehner had agreed to allow the House to vote on the deal, which in practice means it would pass with support from Democrats and moderate Republicans, although it was still unclear when this would happen.

Recriminations among Republicans flew thick and fast, with moderates accusing House conservatives of trashing the party's reputation in pursuit of an impossible ambition to repeal Obamacare entirely.

Senator Lindsey Graham, of South Carolina, said this had "been the best two weeks for the Democratic party in recent times".

"When we evaluate the last couple of weeks, it should be entitled the time of great lost opportunity. If we had been focused on the rollout of Obamacare and its confusion, public support would have diminished. Instead, our numbers have gone down, Obamacare has mysteriously gone up, and other than that, this has been great."

He was scathing about the influence of conservative advocacy groups such as Heritage Action, which torpedoed a deal on Tuesday when it threatened to withdraw support from Republicans who backed it, but blamed lawmakers for listening to them.

"Every member of Congress gets hit by groups like this right and left. I am not mad at a group for wanting their way; I am focusing on trying to get the Republican party to chart a better way. The way we are behaving and the path we have taken the last couple of weeks leads to a marginalised party in the eyes of the American people. A form of conservatism that is probably beyond what the market would bear. "

If, as expected, the House votes on the new deal first, it would prevent Cruz from delaying its passage through the Senate and could herald an end to the crisis by Wednesday night.
    Thanks. Now this is very good news because nobody is falling for this and guys like McCain, King, and definitely Graham are going to look bad. These are the neo-cons, and like most of the republicrats, they do not care for the poor or for the American people as long as there is no real debt limit and no real cuts are made. This keeps the war machine rolling and makes the "small government" people look like terrorists which is all they really want. Yeah, those classical liberals want to take over the world so they can leave you alone. How brain washed, ignorant, or gullible do you have to be to fall for any of this bull****?

Now this has to violate separation of church and state.
    http://benswann.com/government-progr...gious-thought/
    Last edited by risveglio; 16th October 2013 at 21:31.

2. Link to Post #242
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

Here is an article that has posted the draft of the deal...35 pages long so go see if you want:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ment-shutdown/
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

bennycog (16th October 2013)

4. Link to Post #243
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

Just wait, before this cools down a bit, there will be another crisis for the masses to worry about...

PS: besides, this one isn't even close to being over, it's just being delayed......and the Obama-man hasn't sign the dotted line yet either.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

KiwiElf (16th October 2013)

6. Link to Post #244
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,734 times in 543 posts

Default New debt ceiling deadline is Friday, February 7, 2014

Last edited by Redstar Kachina; 5th April 2015 at 00:06.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Redstar Kachina For This Post:

avid (17th October 2013), Bill Ryan (16th October 2013), Inaiá (20th October 2013), KiwiElf (16th October 2013), learninglight (17th October 2013)

8. Link to Post #245
    Thanks

90 Days Before Gov't Runs Out of Money -- Again...
    113 days before debt default...
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

avid (17th October 2013)

10. Link to Post #246
    Thanks

Last edited by Redstar Kachina; 5th April 2015 at 00:06.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Redstar Kachina For This Post:

bennycog (17th October 2013), Bob (17th October 2013), Calz (17th October 2013), Conchis (17th October 2013)

12. Link to Post #247
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,740 times in 21,544 posts

Quote Posted by addsub (here)
    'V' Guerrilla Economist really crashed and burned this round...

http://www.stevequayle.com/index.php?s=33&d=628
    What you quote from V's alert to Steve Quayle makes sense to me, but your comment on it, that 'V' "really crashed and burned this round" doesn't make sense to me. Can you say a few more words as to what you meant?
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Calz (17th October 2013)

14. Link to Post #248
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It's over ... for now. The US government is back in business, and the debt ceiling is raised. The new debt ceiling deadline is Feb 7, 2014.

From the The New York Times:
    With the Treasury Department warning that it could run out of money to pay national obligations within a day, the Senate voted overwhelmingly on Wednesday evening, 81 to 18, to approve a proposal hammered out by the chamber’s Republican and Democratic leaders after the House on Tuesday was unable to move forward with any resolution. The House followed suit a few hours later, voting 285 to 144 to approve the Senate plan, which would fund the government through Jan. 15 and raise the debt limit through Feb. 7.

Mr. Obama signed the bill about 12:30 a.m. Thursday.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 17th October 2013 at 10:13.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (17th October 2013), Calz (17th October 2013), Christine (17th October 2013), MorningSong (17th October 2013), Operator (17th October 2013), RunningDeer (18th October 2013), spiritwind (17th October 2013)

16. Link to Post #249
    Australia Avalon Member bennycog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 times in 971 posts

Ok now what is the questions the American public should ask.. Or should we all ask?

Why would you let us go through this?

Who owns the product of what I know as my life?

Was it funny to see the public go through heartaches especially when they voted for you?

Do you have a solution to help the public become immune to this happening again or do you have an agenda that makes you become more powerful because of our devotion to our fore fathers?

what the f@#$k are you doing ?

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bennycog For This Post:

avid (17th October 2013), Calz (17th October 2013), panopticon (18th October 2013), RunningDeer (18th October 2013)

18. Link to Post #250
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    It's over ... for now. The US government is back in business, and the debt ceiling is raised.
    Thank God! Now that the threat is over and I don't have to be scared no more, I reckon I'll get back to drinking the flouride, eating the GMO's, and kick back on the couch and relax and get caught up on my favorite TV shows!
    SilentFeathers

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Calz (17th October 2013), CD7 (17th October 2013), RunningDeer (18th October 2013)

20. Link to Post #251
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Clearly an attempt at continuing the illusion ... until it is time to hit the bunkers ...

Sadly ... many still fall for it.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

InTheBackground (18th October 2013), RunningDeer (18th October 2013), SilentFeathers (17th October 2013), ThePythonicCow (17th October 2013)

22. Link to Post #252
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,785 times in 2,666 posts

'Twas a 'dry-run' to see how folks would react, and they did react badly, grabbing the orchestrated 'down-time' for food subsidies at designated Walmarts where there was a 2 hour 'free-for all'. So imagine if this got worse? Martial law here you come. They are just buying time until the next violations of human rights for profit. This was a 'false flag' again..... Plant and save - that's all one's community can do until this fiasco is resolved one way or another. Just don't buy into it. The dollar is destined for collapse at some point soon - so please prep. Even in Europe we are on edge for a 'bankster holiday' while they all regroup and revalue. Meanwhile - looking skyward at ISON to see if this is the catalyst? Hmmmm.....
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (17th October 2013), InTheBackground (18th October 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (17th October 2013), RunningDeer (18th October 2013), ThePythonicCow (17th October 2013)

24. Link to Post #253
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,265 times in 2,136 posts

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    'Twas a 'dry-run' to see how folks would react, and they did react badly, grabbing the orchestrated 'down-time' for food subsidies at designated Walmarts where there was a 2 hour 'free-for all'. So imagine if this got worse? Martial law here you come. They are just buying time until the next violations of human rights for profit. This was a 'false flag' again..... Plant and save - that's all one's community can do until this fiasco is resolved one way or another. Just don't buy into it. The dollar is destined for collapse at some point soon - so please prep. Even in Europe we are on edge for a 'bankster holiday' while they all regroup and revalue. Meanwhile - looking skyward at ISON to see if this is the catalyst? Hmmmm.....
    Yes, this was probably another 'dry-run' to refine modeling of human behavior in their super computers. NSA spying, data collection, linked databases, all internet activity and social networking have provided excellent data for the modeling of human behavior. Many false flag scenarios can probably be input to the super computers by now. When the computer output indicates the desired outcome, the final false flag event to enslave the planet and establish their preferred NWO will be initiated.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (17th October 2013), avid (18th October 2013), InTheBackground (18th October 2013), risveglio (17th October 2013), RunningDeer (18th October 2013), sian (18th October 2013), ThePythonicCow (17th October 2013)

26. Link to Post #254
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Quote Posted by rmauersr (here)
    Quote Posted by avid (here)
    Yes, this was probably another 'dry-run' to refine modeling of human behavior in their super computers. NSA spying, data collection, linked databases, all internet activity and social networking have provided excellent data for the modeling of human behavior. Many false flag scenarios can probably be input to the super computers by now. When the computer output indicates the desired outcome, the final false flag event to enslave the planet and establish their preferred NWO will be initiated.
    I am very much surprised how much I go with the US story here from Holland, I wish I could say its none of my friggin business, but unfortunately it is my business, when you guys fall over, everybody's f@cked, and even we here ( Holland, europe, everywhere)know this ( for many years), and yet Avalon and you Ron, have awakened me big time to practical solutions ( the only ones we seem to have really), and the solution could be awfully simple, you have hinted at this many times and I fully agree on this with you ( not many things I agree on with anyone so there you have it), a shovel and a hoe can turn this whole thing around in our advantage, all around the world, and somehow when you say this or I say it or anyone else for that matter, its gets almost completely ignored, which is weird, 3/4 of the solution smack in the middle of your face and still it is not noticed by most, very very scary if you ask me, the weirdest thing of all for me is, I don't even have a garden, not even a balcony, but I sure have researched how to make something damn efficient in no time, I know what I need, I know how to do it with minimum effort and maximum results, all I need is sunshine, if that's absent I know how to sprout and at least take at least that pressure off, I bet the supercomputer knows that too and the results will be, their plans will not come to pass the minute the people pick up a shovel or make some holes in a barrel and plant it, its like printing your own money.

27. Link to Post #255
    Thanks

Default US Government shutdown, Wednesday, January 15, 2014 and beyond...

Last edited by Redstar Kachina; 5th April 2015 at 00:04.

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Redstar Kachina For This Post:

avid (18th October 2013), bennycog (18th October 2013), Bill Ryan (17th October 2013), Billy (24th October 2013), KiwiElf (18th October 2013), Limor Wolf (18th October 2013), Operator (18th October 2013), panopticon (18th October 2013), Ron Mauer Sr (18th October 2013), RunningDeer (18th October 2013), sian (18th October 2013), superconsciousness (18th October 2013), ThePythonicCow (17th October 2013), Wind (18th October 2013)

29. Link to Post #256
    Australia Avalon Member bennycog's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,296 times in 971 posts

I really like your summary there addsub. Thank you.

We would expect a lot of offshore movement involving the rich of America would we not. And quite a few people laying claim to Various parts of America?

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bennycog For This Post:

KiwiElf (18th October 2013), panopticon (18th October 2013), Redstar Kachina (18th October 2013), RunningDeer (18th October 2013), sian (18th October 2013), superconsciousness (18th October 2013), ThePythonicCow (18th October 2013)

31. Link to Post #257
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by addsub (here)
    My expectations are that some sort of last minute agreement will be reached early in 2014, allowing the U.S. government to burn through cash through the end of 2014. Then the fun may begin anew in January 2015, at which point I expect the wheels to come off the wagon.
    This matches my expectations as the most likely scenario as well.

The early 2014 events will provide the bastards in power a major "live rehearsal" opportunity for what is to come in 2015, so I would expect the events of early 2014 to be more "exciting" than what we just went through, perhaps sufficiently "exciting" as to justify more of the capital controls such as we just saw Chase implement.

32. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (18th October 2013), bennycog (18th October 2013), KiwiElf (18th October 2013), panopticon (18th October 2013), Redstar Kachina (18th October 2013), RunningDeer (18th October 2013), sian (18th October 2013), Wind (18th October 2013)

33. Link to Post #258
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

So its safe to say 2014 is the year of the beta test and the fine tuning of the scenario's which are now being played out and programmed into the human psyche.

Damn they're good at what they do, slow burn, program, and then BAMM!
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

observer (21st October 2013), Tesseract (18th October 2013)

35. Link to Post #259
    Thanks

I just came across Joseph P Farrell's take on the whole thing:

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CivilDawn For This Post:

Operator (18th October 2013), ThePythonicCow (18th October 2013)

37. Link to Post #260
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Quote Posted by CivilDawn (here)
    I just came across Joseph P Farrell's take on the whole thing:

^^^ I find it interesting to note that at about 2:15 he, knowingly or unknowingly, puts up an Illuminati hand sign...
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1 3 13 14 LastLast