Thread: US Government shutdown, Tuesday Oct 1, 2013

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,532 times in 987 posts

Default Re: US Government shutdown, Tuesday Oct 1, 2013

Obama Wanted Government Shutdown—And Probably Default As Well

October 1, 2013 • 4:00PM

An informed Washington source says that Obama, directed by Valerie Jarrett and David Axelrod, wanted this government shutdown, anticipating that it will damage the Republicans more than himself. He is trying to force Democrats into line by offering the prospect of retaking the House of Representatives in 2014, and has a superPAC raising Wall Street money for selected House Democratic candidates. For example, he made no attempt to call Reid, McConnell, Boehner and Pelosi to the White House to settle the matter as he has in the past. Instead, he went on television Monday with a statement blaming Republicans.

NPR asked him in a Monday interview, "If there is no agreement, if the debt ceiling is — debt limit reached, if the United States is going into default or at risk of going into default, you absolutely will not negotiate, even in that circumstance?" Obama answered, "I will absolutely not negotiate." Asked whether he would even negotiate on repealing the medical devices tax, he said no, not under threat of shutdown or default.

The U.S. government default, the first in its history, which will probably follow some time after October 17 if this impasse continues, will trigger a far greater catastrophe. But already, the 700,000 furloughed Federal workers in the DC area represent about 15% of the workforce in that area, on top of an effective 5% already furloughed or laid off under the sequester. Effectively, 15% of the workforce has been furloughed in a day. Another large part of the Washington workforce is Federal contractors. Federal agencies are now calling contractors to tell them which contracts will continue and which are suspended. Many employees of contractors will probably be laid off, rather than simply furloughed. All told, this combined blow will have an enormous ripple effect on the economy in this area. Add to this that the paychecks of the Federal workers who are still at work will be delayed until the end of the shutdown, if it lasts longer than a week or two. Will we see the beginning of Detroit conditions coming to the nation's capital?

Source

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GlassSteagallfan For This Post:

jagman (2nd October 2013)

3. Link to Post #102
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,308 times in 7,756 posts

Quote Posted by risveglio (here)
    Quote Posted by Rocky_Shorz (here)
    right now President Obama needs to help the GOP save face with offering something, after going through the website, one concession might be to wave the penalty for 2014 for those uninsured.

it cost $95/yr adult not to have insurance and $45 for kids for those who don't get covered
    Otherwise known as the individual mandate which has been offered along with removing the tax on devices that I know have most diabetics ****ting bricks. So your solution is one already offered by the heel side of government if you are watching mainstream news. What a bunch of ****ing bull****.
    I've been staying away from mainstream news, Russia Today paid for by the Kremlin is free now, CNN Fox MSNBC and the other paid stations aren't reaching the public who can't afford to pay the extra $50 a month for brain damage news... from recent reports, that is over half the families in the country now watching Russian News...

4. Link to Post #103
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a graduate of the Naval Academy, told reporters that the cancellation of the Air Force-Navy game would be the “defining moment” of the shutdown.

“The apocalypse is upon us,” McCain lamented.

Here's the full article:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...hutdown-begins

I think John McCain is foreshadowing that this shutdown is indeed the start of the end of their plan.
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

fifi (2nd October 2013), Gardener (8th October 2013)

6. Link to Post #104
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (2nd October 2013), PurpleLama (2nd October 2013), Robin (2nd October 2013), spiritwind (2nd October 2013), Wind (2nd October 2013)

8. Link to Post #105
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)
    Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), a graduate of the Naval Academy, told reporters that the cancellation of the Air Force-Navy game would be the “defining moment” of the shutdown.

Here's the full article:

I think John McCain is foreshadowing that this shutdown is indeed the start of the end of their plan.
    Another event will happen real soon that the MSM will focus on and pound into the minds of the masses and the shutdown will basically become rusty and old in a micro-second so to speak and largely forgotten about. Seems to be the pattern lately.....one event after another and the ones before the last event quickly fade away and simmer on the back-burner.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

9. Link to Post #106
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

^^^^ain't that the cold, hard truth.
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

10. Link to Post #107
    United States Avalon Member Ba-ba-Ra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,315 times in 1,567 posts

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)

Here's the full article:

Another event will happen real soon that the MSM will focus on and pound into the minds of the masses and the shutdown will basically become rusty and old in a micro-second so to speak and largely forgotten about. Seems to be the pattern lately.....one event after another and the ones before the last event quickly fade away and simmer on the back-burner.
    You're probably right . . and that definitely has been the pattern for some time, BUT. . . . .Why do I have this feeling that this time all their political games are somehow going to backfire on them . . . and something good is going to slip in. Let's visualize and focus on that, shall we!
    Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light!

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ba-ba-Ra For This Post:

Calz (2nd October 2013), CdnSirian (3rd October 2013), fifi (2nd October 2013), Nickolai (2nd October 2013), RunningDeer (3rd October 2013), Wind (2nd October 2013)

12. Link to Post #108
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Ba-ba-Ra (here)
    Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)

Here's the full article:

You're probably right . . and that definitely has been the pattern for some time, BUT. . . . .Why do I have this feeling that this time all their political games are somehow going to backfire on them . . . and something good is going to slip in. Let's visualize and focus on that, shall we!
    I sense they'll get some back slapping and backfire from this shutdown event too; Obama thinks he's demonizing the republicans, the republicans think they are demonizing the democrats.....and everyone else on the outside looking in who is even just slightly paying attention and has a clue is demonizing both parties, thinking all people in office are complete idiots. Their BS crap isn't working very well for them anymore and most people who are not zombied out see them as complete failures and worthless bobbleheads.

We're close to seeing an "American Winter" rising out of no where.....
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (3rd October 2013), Calz (2nd October 2013)

14. Link to Post #109
    Thanks

Hmmmmm......Obama has more security at the WW2 Memorial than he did at Benghazi.
    I reckon 90 year old's in wheel chairs are more dangerous than the heavily armed radical fighters in the Middle East and North Africa.
    SilentFeathers

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (3rd October 2013), Calz (2nd October 2013), ulli (2nd October 2013)

16. Link to Post #110
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 times in 818 posts

right now President Obama needs to help the GOP save face with offering something, after going through the website, one concession might be to wave the penalty for 2014 for those uninsured.

it cost $95/yr adult not to have insurance and $45 for kids for those who don't get covered
    Otherwise known as the individual mandate which has been offered along with removing the tax on devices that I know have most diabetics ****ting bricks. So your solution is one already offered by the heel side of government if you are watching mainstream news. What a bunch of ****ing bull****.
    I've been staying away from mainstream news, Russia Today paid for by the Kremlin is free now, CNN Fox MSNBC and the other paid stations aren't reaching the public who can't afford to pay the extra $50 a month for brain damage news... from recent reports, that is over half the families in the country now watching Russian News...
    Maybe this is what Edgar Caycee foresaw when he said "Russia will be the hope of the world."
    “There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.” -- Carl Jung

"To see the farm is to leave the farm."

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mulder For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (3rd October 2013)

18. Link to Post #111
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Quote Posted by Mulder (here)

Maybe this is what Edgar Caycee foresaw when he said "Russia will be the hope of the world."
    As long as you are religious and not gay I guess.

19. Link to Post #112
    Thanks

have you seen what they are rolling out through their website?

If I remember right, they had a weapon track and destroy an object coming in at 25,000 MPH...

I wonder who they are worried about?

False flag Alien attack we were told was coming a while back? naaaa

20. Link to Post #113
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,228 times in 3,216 posts

If I remember right, they had a weapon track and destroy an object coming in at 25,000 MPH...

I wonder who they are worried about?
    They are not worried:

“We are unfortunately not ready to fight extraterrestrial civilizations,” the center’s deputy chief Sergey Berezhnoy explained.

Our center was not tasked with it. There are too many problems on Earth and near it,” he added.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (3rd October 2013), fifi (2nd October 2013)

22. Link to Post #114
    Thanks

"near it" left me wondering...

23. Link to Post #115
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Quote Posted by outerheaven (here)
    Quote Posted by Nanoo Nanoo (here)
    Region 3 arms and training, supplies MUST be completed/delivered by October 1
    Government Closing Down October 2 ?
    Octobber 3 ?

hmm
    Here's another piece of the puzzle for ya -- the US Air Force is shutting down the Space Fence on October 1st.
    I wonder if this has anything to do with "Comet ISON" rolling in. Even if Comet ISON is just a comet, I find this interesting. Maybe they want to conceal the influx of alien spacecraft coming in to observe?
    aaah thats the piece of the puzzle missing

Comet tragectory headed for region 3

just so happens to be a spot they prepared for

turn off the fence so they cannot track in coming

rocks fall

and then they mop up

that way there is no blame ,,,it was a falling rock .. like 911 but better ..

wow

you guys are so lucky living in such a fantastic country with such fantastic leadership .. i would most definitely stay just to see what happens.

ummm

( sorry for the sarcasm ,sometimes it gets the point across much faster )

N

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Calz (here)

i resent this photo

firstly he cant raise his arms that high and secondly i adore doctor evil ! he is my hero !

hmm

N

24. Link to Post #116
    Thanks

so Russia is admitting they aren't ready for an alien attack, and us shut down the inbound tracking system?

maybe the false flag alien attack is closer than we thought...

25. Link to Post #117
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Neil Young "how long ... how long"???

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

Rocky_Shorz (2nd October 2013), RunningDeer (3rd October 2013)

27. Link to Post #118
    Thanks

in case we suddenly have a global power shut down, remember everyone your garbage disposal is a wind generator, pull it out, attach blades find a pole high enough to catch wind and you should cover basic needs in your home...

get back to Avalon as soon as your Satellite modem connects...

don't tell me you didn't spend the $25 for a Sat modem... tsk tsk tsk...

28. Link to Post #119
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

still on unpaid vacation.... go government!
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (3rd October 2013), jagman (3rd October 2013), RunningDeer (3rd October 2013), ulli (3rd October 2013)

30. Link to Post #120
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,173 times in 13,485 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    still on unpaid vacation.... go government!
    So what is your back-up plan, Target?
    Will you manage ok?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to ulli For This Post:

RunningDeer (3rd October 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 6 14 LastLast