+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst 1 24 34 38 LastLast

Thread: 100% Pure Gum Turpentine & Kerosene - Kill deadly Candida, leave healthy bacteria alone!

1. Link to Post #661
    Thailand Avalon Member sunfruitdan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: 100% Pure Gum Turpentine & Kerosene - Kill deadly Candida, leave healthy bacteria alone!

Quote Posted by suwesi (here)
    @Sun fruit dan:
    After watching your breastfeeding/turp video just my 5 cents on the topic:

Nature is smart and tries to give the baby just goodies into the milk. Unfortunately certain toxins were not known to nature for centuries (or who would have thought mankind would ever be stupid enough to put amalgam in their teeth, aluminium in their deos +++ , glyphosat on their crops, smoke cigarettes with tons of harmfulm byproducts a.s.o.)
    The human body has not enough filters for these unexpected toxins, so they also land in the milk and are thus fed to the baby. (Btw.: milk can be tested for toxins – in many countries of the European union for free).

Candida accumulates heavy metals. Many naturopaths say, that it is not possible to eradicate candida for good as long as the heavy metal load in the body is too high. So what happens with the metals, when the candida is suddenly killed?
    Herxheimer is no good indicator for being tox free. Herx just shows me: toxinload is more than my body (liver, kidney etc.) can expose right now. I lead a very toxic life and until I was 35 I never had tox problems. So just because the ladies haven’t felt they are detoxing, does not mean they were not.

What possible outcomes are there? (I am just guessing)
    1. turp is passed with breastmilk to the baby – possible allergic reactions? ( the first 3-6 month bad reactions to many essential oils are well documented, see for example menthol, thyme. Tiny amounts are enough to block their breathing completely. I experienced it with my son when walking into a room with thyme in the air (I think he was 3-4 weeks old back then). I thought he was going to die… Fortunately it was enough to leave the room and breathing could start again. What would have happened if he had ingested it (e.g. through breastfeeding?)) and/or:
    2. toxins that are released through the turp (candida, bacterial die off, mobilization of toxins stored in fatty tissues through possible weight loss etc.) are passed on to the baby (who does not have a blood/brain barrier at that time, so it gets to the brain easily). So all the gunk is in babies system and can do all kinds of havoc including disturb the building of connections in the brain.

As far as I have researched no one would start mobilizing toxins in a woman while pregnant or breastfeeding). Detoxing what’s circulating: YES. But not mobilizing.

I don't think it was too harmful for the 4 year old (Fontanells closed, blood brain barrier should be functioning. The basic connections/wiring of the brain is done). Maybe he has stored now a load in his tissue and his body has to handle it/maybe not.
    But the 3 month old (or was he 6 month old, as the insert says)? A baby that age changes its behaviour all the time - so how can a mother be sure it did have no side effects? (same with vaccines). So maybe it is sleeping longer than it should, maybe it starts delayed crawling, walking, speeking, teeth come out crocked etc. You just never know. The toxins might block important pathways in the brain or even hinder nerve connections to be build.

I.m.h.o. the video is not helpful, because mothers out there of really little ones could think from it turp is safe and experience a nightmare (just imagine a baby a couple weeks old having an allergic reaction to turp, or just the burping of mommy… One mother full of toxins cannot be compared to a fairly toxinfree mother a.s.o…) In your Video you just present 2 anecdotal “success storys” but leave out the only thing that could be of help to decide if yes or not: did they have their breast milk analyzed before starting turp + in the first couple of days using turp? To know the results would be really helpful. But just: the mommys are feeling great and kids are ok is just not enough (in my opinion).

Don’t get me wrong – I am also taking turp and I think everybody has to decide over his/her body. I just don’t think a toddler/small child should be used as a guinea pig when there is no life threatening situation where it maybe the last hope to try something “off label”. (And when mommy want’s to try it, she always can pump milk in advance or if it is an emergency, there is enough baby milk powder out there that is toxin free and maybe better than toxin-/turp breastmilk for the baby the first 1-2 weeks of mommys turp experiment). Switching beetween breast- and bottlefeeding usualy works very well (just the first month is a bit sensitive).

Greetings
    suwesi
    I have to disagree with the various people i have worked with who breastfeed using turpentine even when the baby's are newly born babies and from what i am aware of turpentine does not pass through the breast milk and their seem to be no issues with any signs of toxicity, in fact the children all improve in health who breastfeed whilst the mother takes turpentine.

Profound Spiritual And Mental Effects I Get From Taking Turpentine!

Today i took turpentine and i felt so spiritually and mentally enhanced that sent me in the direction of making this video to share why i love taking turpentine.

I explain in full about how it makes me become so introspective, calmer, more connected to my intuition, a heightened sense of awareness and so many other profound effects in this video!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunfruitdan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th February 2017), Daozen (16th December 2016), Sophocles (4th April 2017)

3. Link to Post #662
    Austria Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: 100% Pure Gum Turpentine & Kerosene - Kill deadly Candida, leave healthy bacteria alone!

Quote Posted by sunfruitdan (here)
    I have to disagree with the various people i have worked with who breastfeed using turpentine even when the baby's are newly born babies and from what i am aware of turpentine does not pass through the breast milk and their seem to be no issues with any signs of toxicity, in fact the children all improve in health who breastfeed whilst the mother takes turpentine.
    please specify.
    how many mothers have you worked with?
    exactly what health conditions have improved? (were the babies ill? if yes, what sickness did they have? how long did it take in each case to improve? how can you say it improved because of turp and not despite?
    how do you rule our turp is not passed through breast milk?
    how can you rule out late effects? (as I tried to explain in my first post considering your recommendation breast feeding on turp. I don't feel you answered any of my questions/concerns.)
    For me it is fine when people exchange their experiences in an anecdotal way. I just don't feel it is ok, when you call yourself an expert and all you have to tell are your anecdotal observations without any facts to back it up. That is not what I expect from someone who calls himself an expert.

Anyhow, I have a friend who will start taking turp soon. She is breastfeeding, but will stop for the time she takes turp, and just pump the milk to throw it away (she has fungus in one of her breasts, conventional treatment did not solve the problem so far. She promised to have her milk tested before/during turp. Actually she already has made the "before" test (no results yet).

I will report back, as soon as I have her results.
    Greetings S

4. The Following User Says Thank You to suwesi For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th February 2017)

5. Link to Post #663
    Thailand Avalon Member sunfruitdan's Avatar
    Thanks

How To Perform The Turpentine and Castor Oil Protocol!

In this video i explain how to perform the Turpentine and Castor oil in the correct, safe and effective way to eliminate candida and parasites.

I also explain what you need to do prior to taking turpentine, why you should start with low doses and slowly build up and much more!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sunfruitdan For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th February 2017), fourty-two (19th December 2016), Sophocles (4th April 2017)

7. Link to Post #664
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

sunfruitdan,

What dosage do you take turpentine? do you take it daily?

I was wondering if like a tablespoon every day is fine?

8. Link to Post #665
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,522 times in 20,692 posts

Natural Solvent Medicine – Terpenes, DMSO, Water, Turpentine
    Published on February 7, 2017
    by Dr. Mark Sircus
    http://drsircus.com/general/natural-...995d2-10646942

Quote Without biological solvents, we are dead and with them we live healthier lives. Our lives depend on water so much because life itself cannot exist without being dissolved in a solvent. Water, which dissolves more substances than any other liquid, is considered the universal solvent. Water as a solvent is the medium for all living organisms. All cells contain a minimum of 85% of water, with most fluids inside and outside of the cell likely to have at least 90% water. Both transportation of molecules and chemical reactions take place in dissolved water.

The idea that water is a medicine is not new. In chemical terms, the water molecule is strongly dipolar, this property makes water a very effective solvent, particularly for crystalline salts. So, water is the solvent of the body & it regulates all functions, including the activity of everything it dissolves & circulates.

The cost of too little solvent, too little water (dehydration) is profound in terms of the health and harmony of our bodies and emotions because everything is effected, including ATP production, when we let our solvent level (water) get deficient.

DMSO: The Antidote for Radiation Poisoning

DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) is famous (for being a solvent) for its ability to pass through membranes, an ability that has been verified by numerous subsequent researchers. DMSO’s ability to do this varies proportionally with its strength–up to a 90 percent solution. From 70 percent to 90 percent has been found to be the most effective strength across the skin, and, oddly, performance drops with concentrations higher than 90 percent.

DMSO is an effective painkiller. It blocks nerve conduction fibers that produce pain. DMSO reduces inflammation and swelling by reducing inflammatory chemicals. It improves blood supply to an area of injury by dilating blood vessels and increasing delivery of oxygen and by reducing blood platelet stickiness. It stimulates healing, which is a key to its usefulness in any condition. It is among the most potent free radical scavengers known to man, if not the most potent one.

Learn a system of medicine that is safe, simple and affordable! Discover Dr Sircus Natural Allopathic Medicine »
    DMSO is an organic sulfur compound that was originally used only as an industrial solvent, that is, until its medical properties were discovered in 1963 by a research team headed by Stanley W. Jacob, MD. DMSO is a byproduct of kraft pulping (the “sulfate process”), which converts wood into wood pulp consisting of almost pure cellulose fibers.

DMSO reduces inflammation by several mechanisms. It is an antioxidant, a scavenger of the free radicals that gather at the site of injuries. DMSO is useful as a pain reliever, in burns, acne, arthritis, mental retardation, strokes, amyloidosis, head injury, scleroderma; it soothes toothaches, eases headaches, hemorrhoids, muscle strains; it prevents paralysis from spinal chord injuries; it softens scar tissues.

DMSO is an intermediate product of the global sulfur cycle, which distributes bioavailable sulfur for all animal and plant life (Parcell, 2002). Sulfur compounds are found in all body cells and are indispensable for life; they are needed for a number of chemical reactions involved in the detoxification of drugs and other harmful toxins, and they have potential clinical applications in the treatment of a number of conditions such as depression, fibromyalgia, arthritis, interstitial cystitis, athletic injuries, congestive heart failure, diabetes, cancer, and AIDS (Parcell, 2002).

Terpenes

The name “terpene” is derived from the word “turpentine”. In addition to their roles as end-products in many organisms, terpenes are major biosynthetic building blocks within nearly every living creature.

Terpenes are natural products derived from plants that have medicinal properties and biological activity. Terpenes may be found in cleaning products, rubefacients, aromatherapy, and various topical preparations. Terpenes exist as hydrocarbons or have oxygen-containing compounds such as ketone or aldehyde groups (terpenoids). The best-known compounds in this group are camphor oil and turpentine. The best medicinal mushrooms are also full of terpenes and so is marijuana.

Terpenes make powerful medicines because they are local irritants and, thus, are capable of causing effects that might range from an altered mental status to seizures and coma if enough is consumed. Being natural compounds makes them no less capable then their unnatural pharmaceutical cousins.

Terpenes have the ability to dissolve oils and other lipids; they are so effective that they are even capable of stripping paint, produce analgesic effects in laboratory testing on rats; myrcene and limonene, along with the terpenoid citral (found in many citrus fruits, lemon myrtle, lemongrass and lemon verbena) have also been found to exert sedative and motor relaxant effects in mice.

Limonene, is a terpene commonly found in the cannabis strains, is also present in juniper and peppermint, and has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-depressant effects. Moreover, it is suggested that this compound exerts anti-carcinogen properties, and is known to increase blood pressure.

https://sensiseeds.com/blog/wp-conte...14/02/Buds.jpg

Terpenes are common constituents of flavorings and fragrances. Terpenes are responsible for the aroma of cannabis. Cannabis at its turn contains a wide range of terpenes (over 200) that are thought to interact synergistically with the cannabinoids in the plant, and to enhance its health effects.

The FDA and other agencies have generally recognized terpenes as “safe.” Terpenes act on receptors and neurotransmitters; they are prone to combine with or dissolve in lipids or fats; they act as serotonin uptake inhibitors (similar to antidepressants like Prozac); they enhance norepinephrine activity (similar to tricyclic antidepressants like Elavil); they increase dopamine activity; and they augment GABA (the “downer” neurotransmitter that counters glutamate, the “upper”).

Per the 2009 Annual Report of the American Association of Poison Control National Poison Data System, 3362 single exposures to disinfectants containing pine oil, 10,714 single exposures to camphor, and 422 single exposures to turpentine were reported. Exposure to pine oil resulted in 2 deaths, and exposure to turpentine resulted in 1 death. In the same year exposure to something as safe as aspirin (all forms) caused 20,00 deaths.

Turpentine

WebMD says, “Turpentine oil is made from the resin of certain pine trees. It is used as medicine. Turpentine oil is applied to the skin for joint pain, muscle pain, nerve pain, and toothaches. People sometimes breathe in (inhale) the vapors of turpentine oil to reduce the chest congestion that goes along with some lung diseases. In foods and beverages, distilled turpentine oil is used as a flavoring.

In manufacturing, turpentine oil is used in soap and cosmetics and as a paint solvent. When used on the skin, turpentine oil may cause warmth and redness that can help relieve pain in the tissue underneath.”

For those looking for an ultra-low cost solution to part of what Lingzhi mushrooms can do know that turpentine has what we would expect from terpenes. Turpentine and petroleum distillates similar to kerosene have been used medicinally since ancient times and are still being used as folk remedies up to the present. They were used in ancient Babylon to treat stomach problems, inflammations and ulcers. It appears that the success of turpentine is due to its detrimental effect on these fungi and CWD microbes, which then allows the immune system to eliminate remaining pockets of other pathogens and abnormal cells in tumors and affected organs.

It’s amazing what the body will do when you remove what hinders it. I have probably completed at least two dozen parasite cleanses before this one and each had it’s own merit. The turpentine cleanse was by far the quickest, cheapest and easy to execute with the most profound immediate return. My metabolism speed up, or should I say, wasn’t being leeched off of. A few of my chronic pain areas were no longer a hassle and my sense of sight and smell increased dramatically. I can see why pharmaceutical companies at the turn of the 20th century listed Turpentine as a cure all! Christopher Gardner

Natural turpentine, commonly sold as “pure gum turpentine”, was commonly used in lower doses and less frequently than kerosene. It was especially treasured for its antiseptic and diuretic properties and as a treatment for intestinal parasites. According to Wikipedia: “Turpentine was a common medicine among seamen during the Age of Discovery, and one of several products carried aboard Ferdinand Magellan’s fleet in his first circumnavigation of the globe.” To expel tapeworms, a powerful dose of one to two tablespoons of turpentine was given, usually mixed with the same amount of castor oil and taken floating on milk.

Dr. Jennifer Daniels discovered that American slaves had a secret remedy that kept them free of diseases: a teaspoon of turpentine mixed with a teaspoon of white sugar, taken for short periods several times each year. Slowly pour a teaspoon of turpentine over sugar cubes or a rounded teaspoon of white sugar to soak it all up. Then chew the cubes or soaked sugar and wash the mixture down with water. Dr. Daniels generally recommends doing this twice a week for several weeks, but initially daily with long-term Candida. (I liked it with sugar but also enjoy taking it straight.)

Look at the forest or bushland trees. Some of their greatest enemies are fungi and parasites. As a defense, they developed various chemical strategies to kill or repel these attackers. We know and use these biochemicals as eucalyptus oil, neem oil, tea tree oil, pau d’arco extract, olive leaf extract, turpentine and other essential oils. Most of these oils are composed of hydrocarbons, just like kerosene.

The main chemical in turpentine, alpha-pinene, is also present in the oils of rosemary and eucalyptus.—These volatile essential oils seem to have a stronger antifungal effect than kerosene, but frequent intake in high amounts can also cause some kidney damage.

Natural turpentine is commonly sold as “pure gum turpentine” or “100% gum turpentine”. Turpentine is an essential oil, a mixture of pinenes, camphenes and other turpenes, derived from pine trees. It should not be confused with turpentine substitute (White spirit). The ONLY acceptable Turpentine is “100% pure gum spirits of turpentine”. Any other turpentine/paint thinner is petroleum based and NOT to be used.

Turpentine is used as a solvent or thinner for artist’s paint and as a general solvent. Use it to dissolve everything inside of you that does not belong especially fungus. Clean yourself out, but with mushrooms do it in a healthier way appropriate for daily use over the long haul.

Turpentine oil is commonly used for many ailments:

Muscle Pain

Toothaches

Lung Congestion

Joint and Nerve Pain

Cold Sores

Sprains

Cramps

Turpentine has been discussed often at Earth Clinic as a natural and highly effective remedy for parasites. Long ago farmers and even school nurses gave turpentine as a matter of course to children twice a year to eliminate parasites like pinworms. The easiest way to do this is to put a few drops of turpentine on a sugar cube. This tastes like pine candy and is simple for children and adults alike to take.

Gigi from Edison shared this astounding story with us: “I’ve been taking the gum spirits (1 teaspoon) every other day for four dosages, took 4 days off. Took it again for two dosages, ended up expelling a tapeworm, swiveled and rolled up the size of a golf ball. I just stared at it, it was not what I expected. My energy level is so much better, lungs feel cleaner. Can’t tell me this stuff doesn’t work. Sixteen years – 6 doctors told me it was my thyroid, yet none of the thyroid medications did anything for me. They made me feel worse. All the women out there complaining about pain and low energy levels, wonder how many have some sort of parasite?”

Conclusion

It is important to doctors and patients alike to understand and appreciate the importance of using medical solvents in the treatment of disease. It is equally important to see that preventive medicine begins with solvents too. Fully hydrated living is different than having chronic deficiency in water. Disease can be seen, in part, as simply the house getting all gummed up. Things get too sticky and calcified as well as heavily toxic with chemicals, heavy metals and sometimes with radiation contamination.

Adding sodium bicarbonate to one’s water increases its solvent abilities because it changes the pH. However, sometimes all the best water in the world is not enough and we need to bring in heavy duty solvents like DMSO and turpentine.

One of the basic reasons consuming Lingzhi mushrooms extend life because they are constantly providing the terpenes to help the body find, decompose and flush out subpar cellular matter throughout the body, which then allows the surrounding organ and blood system to function at a higher level.

Personal Note: Though it took me a year to find the courage to experiment with myself using turpentine I found it quite delightful and easy to take. First time around used an overflowing teaspoon every day for about two weeks using the sugar, which I constantly decreased. Now am on my second round and just skip the sugar and take almost a tablespoon each morning. Easy on the stomach and certainly helps a person get into a healthy mode of thinking and practice.
    Each breath a gift...

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

AJay (13th February 2017), Bill Ryan (13th February 2017), Lettherebelight (9th February 2017), suwesi (28th February 2017), Watching from Cyprus (30th March 2017)

10. Link to Post #666
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Natural Solvent Medicine – Terpenes, DMSO, Water, Turpentine
    Published on February 7, 2017
    by Dr. Mark Sircus

http://drsircus.com/general/natural-...er-turpentine/

The above article led mr to this amazing thread and what is so far, an amazing journey with turpentine.

Coincidentally, a different article by Mark also got me using magnesium oil which was also produced very dramatic results for me.

After reading Mark's article about terpenes then reading Dr Daniels PDF and this thread as well as other testimonials on the web I ordered some Diamond G Turpentine. I kept reading and thinking it would take many days to arrive I ended up buying some Klean Strip Turpentine at a local hardware store.

So I jumped right in three days ago with sugar cubes.

Never been tested for candida but assume I have a problem due to the following:

- Seasonal allergies which are supposedly related per Dr Carolyn Dean and probably many others except my... ah... "doctor".
    - Long term (12 years) toe-nail fungus and some other fungus on feet a different doctor called "ring worm" which never completely goes away.
    - Abused alcohol for a long time ending again about 12 years ago.
    - Fatigue and tiredness
    - feel more alert and thinking more clearly

So as of day 4 the fatigue and tiredness is gone. In fact I must take the turp in morning to not affect sleep which is already bad.

Hunger is gone. No sugar cravings. Now it is very easy to not overeat which for now is a blessing as I need to lose weight.

I have noticed my joints popping and they feel looser. I am a runner so have lot of issues.

What is up with that? Never been diagnosed with fibromyalgia but for ever have had tightness in joints as well as long term adhesions in many muscles that no amount of deep tissue work will remove. I can actually go into a "child's pose" without my feet cramping at all... before they would cramp terribly. Got all this cracking as various joints let go in feet and ankles.

Thanks to everyone here for a lot of amazing posts!

Alan
    Last edited by AJay; 17th February 2017 at 18:23. Reason: corrected link

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AJay For This Post:

Bill Ryan (13th February 2017), penn (15th February 2017), suwesi (28th February 2017)

12. Link to Post #667
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

I am thinking the dose of 1 tsp is too much and maybe following the "3 sugar cube rule" is more important ... at least initially. I am guessing that nervousness and being tense are die off symptoms..

13. Link to Post #668
    Austria Avalon Member
    Thanks

Turp and breastfeeding:
    I promised to get back and write about the results on breast milk a friend of mine had using turp.

Unfortunately I still haven't got the results from the lab work from her (she moved to a new place and still needs time to get settled). So this is just a brief information she gave me over the phone.

Just so the story is easier to follow: she had fungus in one of her breasts (inside the milk duct). She had a treatment from her doctors (twice, as far as I remember correctly) which did not get rid of the problem.
    So she tried turp. While she was taking it, she did not breast feed.
    She got her breast milk tested before she started the turp - all kinds of toxins, some just noticable, some quite high, just one was slightly over the critical margin.
    She started slowly on the turp and then went on full dosage for 4 days. I believe she took it for approximately 10 days. After that she stopped the intake and waited for 2 days before she started breast feeding again.

On day 3 of regular dosage (turp on 3 sugar cubes) she got her milk tested again. All toxin levels shot up. Some dramatically (one was 10.000x more). Almost all far above the critical margins. Some new toxins showed up that did not show up on the first test.
    I am sorry, I cannot post the names of the toxins +the test values right now. I will as soon as I get the test results.
    So she is really glad, she stopped breast feeding. (and if she would have anticipated such a rise in toxidity, she would have waited longer before she started breast feeding again).

She also wanted the milk to be tested for turp. But the lab could not do it. She said that she smelled it slightly (in her milk and also in her urine).
    I usually only smell it in my feces. I never smelled it in my urine. So I am wondering if my sense of smell is just not good enough. I don't remember ever reading about turp smelling urine. (I think it makes a big difference - if just the feces smell, mainly the liver is in charge of getting rid of toxins, if urine smells, kidneys also have to do part of the job).

Her benefits: after the die off symptoms (headache, tiredness) subsided, she had far more energy and her hunger for carbs went down to 0.
    But it did not cure her breast condition. (As far as I know it got better, but did not go away).
    (And switching back to breast feeding after almost 2 weeks of bottle feeding was no problem at all).

Greetings
    suwesi
    Last edited by suwesi; 28th February 2017 at 10:55.

14. Link to Post #669
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi everyone

TL;DR version: no life threatening health issues and I used turp multiple times since January 2017 and I’m fine, not sure if it worked or not. I’m not “fixed” from my problems yet so there will be future updates (dates unknown).

Full turp + general health version: Life is hectic and I originally wanted to make an extremely long detailed post but I don’t have much free time so I will write what I can...need to get my life together but also post before I forget my experience/details with turp so I know this will not read well and I will be “all over the place” or maybe even incoherent but I am trying to give back to this forum as much as possible as fast as possible…here goes:

I joined just for this thread, as I only found out about this forum through this thread via google. I watched hundreds of vids on youtube and read Dr Daniel’s book on turp after reading every post on this thread and many other pages on through google. I thought I would give back and just share my experience with turp since I understand there are probably still some people that are hesitant to take it and need more posts/support/encouragement/experience from people who have used it.

Brief history:
    -male, early 30s, athletic/fit ectomorph, non smoker, no drugs
    -long history of rarely eating junk food like mcdonalds, tim hortons or pizza etc
    -No serious illnesses or injuries in life
    -relatively healthy nutrition/diet, compared to the general population

Early 2016 I started getting an itchy, dry patch on the back of my head. I didn’t think much of it and thought it would go away on its own. It just got worse as the months went by and started flaking heavily and spreading. I thought I had a fungus – ringworm or something. Started looking on the net, spent weeks and weeks reading/watching vids etc, went to multiple doctors and was convinced I got ringworm from 3 yrs of BJJ classes. Doctors did not say it was NOT ringworm. In fact, they never said much. (I now realize it’s because they don’t know much unless they take samples to do tests but I’ve never had a doctor want to do that because they are lazy here in Canada and get paid through the government healthcare system). After a lot of natural remedies and nothing was working (everything topical made it worse), I thought I had staph so I spent more weeks reading/watching vids, spent even more $ on anti fungal/bacterial/viral natural remedies (now I have cupboards full of natural remedy vials/bottles – spent around $900 so far on natural and pharmaceuticals – internal and external, combined). In total I had seen multiple doctors 7 different times and ended up with multiple various differing diagnoses: ringworm, impetigo, eczema, no comment, “I don’t know, try this” etc. I ended up at the end of my rope and accepting the RX for antibiotics, 14 days worth (2 rounds) which decimated my gut flora – the problem went parabolic extremely fast- got itchy blisters, tiny blood red spots ALL over my body except palms, bottom of feet, face, groin, during the antibiotics. Finally & coincidentally at the end of the antibiotics, got a dermatologist appointment, they had me in and out within 5 minutes…I felt I wasn’t listened to, couldn’t get more than 2 sentences in between her fast talking “I’m a new young doctor that knows everything” persona. (What’s that saying, if you can’t wow them with wisdom, baffle them with bull****?). Immediately upon seeing me she said it was eczema, never stopped talking, recommended a bunch of steroid creams, plaque creams, lotions, and bleach baths (lol) and I was out the door. I filled the RXs for the steroid creams “just in case” and ended up using it right away because I didn’t know what was going on. Only used the cream for a week and everything “went away”. I knew steroid creams were bad but I needed relief after months and months of not knowing and finally seeing a difference. I stopped using the cream after 1 wk since the skin looked “fine”. (I now only kept the steroid creams for “emergencies” because I am aware of steroid cream withdrawal effects)

More days and weeks of self reflection, analysis and researching online about EVERYTHING health related (all skin conditions and why they happen, nutrition, all fad diets, almost all natural remedies, tips, tricks like blue light for acne&MRSA, conditions, gut issues, effects of steroid creams & antibiotics/pharmaceuticals, general health, diet lifestyles – vegan, raw vegan, paleo, atkins, GAPS, 80/10/10, fodmaps, OMAD, water fasting, sea salt, turp, cooking etc etc) and it all made sense… or so I currently think it all makes sense as I am slowly seeing some results.

Result of analysis: Basically through a sum of many various not so ideal life & diet choices over a long period of time ( a few years of bad sleep patterns, prolonged daily stress, less exercise/sweating, drinking less water than before & taking creatine for working out, eating some junk food “here and there” which became more and more because I thought I was still healthy) it all caught up to me and I basically destroyed by body slowly and now need to fix leaky gut that causes eczema and with that requires keeping candida under control which lead me to trying turp.

Lesson: letting yourself “slip” once in a while is dangerous (eg cheat days/meals) – if youre not maintaining, at best youre losing – if youre always improving, at worst you’re maintaining – this goes for health and nutrition, bodybuilding, sports, skills, and life in general.

Anyways, first, in January I started off with getting used to fasting – I used to be someone who ate 6 meals per day due to “knowledge” from the “bodybuilding world” so this was difficult but I got used to it. I started with a 12hr fast, then 16hrs another week, then 22 hrs another week, then 30hrs, then on this particular weekend on January, I completed a 48hr water only fast.

Inside of this fast, I did the following, (and my girlfriend did the exact same thing at the same time) spread out throughout the 48hrs:

-Salt water flush
    -water with diatomaceous earth
    -Colon cleanse with DE powder
    -Coffee enema
    -Castor oil pack
    -Turpentine on completely empty stomach
    -very detailed refeed process with specific natural supplements such as probiotics, pau darco, DE powder, activated charcoal, turmeric, digestive enzymes, GFSE, black walnut, vitamins, minerals etc

To sum up, we decided to do the “heavy candida sufferers” protocol: Regular initial turp dose 4 days in a row for the first week. On the 3rd and 4th dose/days, we were feeling extremely bloated, no matter how much water and how many times we went to the bathroom – we did not get “sudden urges” to go to the bathroom immediately after taking the turp. We had turp breath and felt very bloated in the heart area and it was very uncomfortable, to the point that I was saying to myself that this is probably the dangerous dose limit. I couldn’t eat much on these days of bloat and the following few days it eventually went away on its own. We took one more dose the next week and decided to stop, instinctively. I do not believe turp has the ability to only target bad gut flora, I’m sure it affects/kills some good flora as well as candida and I wasn’t putting in enough probiotics into my body so this is why I stopped the weekly doses for the first month.

Since January/this cleanse, I have been eating completely clean – 90% raw vegan, if I can call it that, the %10 being organic turkey bone broth. Lots of glutamine, I’ve been cycling foods in/out, to try to see what triggers eczema flare ups. For me, the underlying problem is stress, but nutrition wise, nuts and seeds, red meat & nightshades and processed sugars & foods are banned for now. (I used to be able to eat anything…dairy, 2 steaks in one meal, bowls of icecream, shrimp shells, hard boiled egg shells(yea stupid), with no ill effects, until now). I have been eating 1-2 meals a day since late Jan and I have lost 15lbs of body weight, including muscle, which is a huge deal for me as I went from muscular 165lbs down to 145 now. I’ve lost a lot (30%) of muscle power/strength, (60%) muscular endurance, better cardio (can run a lot longer now) but I am overall as shredded as I have ever been (muscle definition – probably at around 6-7% bodyfat – how do I know its 7%? Striations everywhere and experience from lifting weights for over 15yrs). I’m not sure if the loss of power, endurance and muscle was from no red meat or OMAD or I’m doing something wrong or all of the above but overall, I feel healthier and cleaner inside from all I’ve done since December so I’m ok with it, I can build it up again. On the plus side, I heal from muscle soreness twice as fast and I have been studying Wim Hof method and doing half assed cold training (I live in Canada) without getting sick – I used to get sick when I went outside in the cold but now I feel perfectly fine in the cold. I am seeing an acupuncturist & energy worker to help. I am also adding magnesium bicarbonate and natural salts to my water every day.

Today marks my latest standard maintenance dose of turp and I decided to do it first thing in the morning and follow it up with food. This combo immediately cleaned me out afterwards. I will continue to take turp once a month, as I see it now, but this is subject to change.

About turp: Basically turp is almost a non event for me. I don’t feel any difference with turp but I did get bloated and mild stomach aches so I’m not sure what to think of it. I don’t mind the taste of it but I could do without the after taste and belching (hence screen name lol) and after taking it, everyone/anyone physically close to me can smell something pleasant but they don’t know what it is. I didn’t get any flashes of clarity or any side effects. I never had any issues falling asleep (only neglected to sleep as much as I should) and it has not affected that in any way.

During the cleanse weekend with first week of turpentine, my girlfriend did experience expelling of what was likely candida – I wasn’t there but she said there was some sort of white-ish gunk that came out after taking turp, floating on top. Maybe I didn’t experience this because of all the natural remedies I took the preceding months before, I don’t know. I never had a “white tongue” and in hindsight I never had any fungal issues so I’m not even sure I have a candida problem. I really think my issue is stress, due to my occupation, which keeps the body in the sympathetic nervous system, which hampers the parasympathetic nervous system (needed for relaxation and digestion), which leads to all my problems. She experienced light headedness and tingling in extremities doing the standard dose and she is physically smaller than me so definitely start small with the dosages.

As for anyone suffering from eczema or psoriasis, it is not a skin issue, it is a gut issue – the skin is the symptom you see/feel – it is an autoimmune issue starting in the gut. Intestinal permeability is the problem and candida, stress, bad eating habits are the cause. Putting anything on the skin wont help or fix it, our bodies need to be healed from the inside out, so clean up your nutrition completely – this will require a lot of learning and habit changes but then you can figure out what in your diet triggers flare ups, eliminate those and eventually our bodies will heal. This is generally the way I am going.

The only thing I put on my skin now is organic olive oil, not even coconut oil (I don’t like needing to melt it to put it on, since its winter right now and it feels too greasy and light). Olive oil just soaks in perfectly.

turns out to be a long post lol and I feel I’m ranting so I’ll stop here.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Burpentime For This Post:

Blacklight43 (4th March 2017), fourty-two (5th March 2017), lunaflare (29th March 2017), penn (5th March 2017)

16. Link to Post #670
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hey everyone,

I've been following this forum closely for a while now and I too have been using turpentine for the past 3 weeks. I have been dosing daily rotating between sugar cubes and castor oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of turpentine. I suffer from severe candida that was brought on through years of bad diet, alcohol abuse and years of antibiotics and other pharmaceuticals. Just to name off some of my symptoms: mental fog, trouble concentrating, dizziness, blurry vision, fatigue, teeth grinding while sleeping, muscle weakness, food intolerance, alopecia areata, keratosis pilaris, tinea versicolor, oral and genital thrush, brittle nails, cystic acne, and the list goes on... My protocol for turpentine is taken early in the morning followed by a coffee enema a few hours later. I have been having major die off symptoms, my skin has broken out in a rash, my tinea versicolor has spread and become flaky and dry, I have dry mouth with cracking lips, increased oral thrush, and fatigue (first week) I find that the coffee enemas make a huge difference when administered after my dosage when dealing with die off. I do highly recommend them. Even though I do have die off symptoms that would make the average person not even want to consider trying turp, I firmly do believe in its healing properties. I have energy and zest that I haven't had in over a decade. That alone right there is enough for me. My vision has improved, my mental fog has dramatically decreased, my concentration has dramatically increased. I'm talking about to a point where I REALLY struggled at reading because my vision was off, which caused me to become dizzy, and since i had trouble concentrating, I wasn't able to retain anything. It would be almost impossible to read a book for a solid 5 minutes and retain anything. That is now gone! Oddly, an unexpected side effect occurred for me. Since forever i've had an under bite where my lower jaw would slightly protrude over my upper jaw. It wasn't anything extreme and you could only really notice it when i'd make a large smile. Since taking turpentine, my jaw has realigned itself to its correct position. I don't understand why or how but this happened ever since lol. My breathing and sinuses were never really bad but now they're noticeably better. A huge improvement and something i struggled with for the past few years was food intolerance. No matter what food I ate I ALWAYS had a reaction. I'd say my reaction to foods have decreased by 75% within the 3 weeks of my turpentine use. Slowly but surely I am convinced that sticking with my protocol I will eventually get to where I want to be in terms of health. If you're unsure about giving it a try, there are a few members that have been taking turpentine daily for an extended period of time with no negative side effects, including myself. Just listen to your body carefully. Good luck everyone.

I look forward to hearing your results and experiences with turpentine.

Also, if anyone has experience with iodine, i'd love to hear your story. I hear wonderful things. (maybe wrong forum, sorry)
    Last edited by Running; 28th March 2017 at 03:09.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Running For This Post:

AxisMundi (28th March 2017), Hervé (28th March 2017), meat suit (28th March 2017), penn (28th March 2017)

18. Link to Post #671
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,606 times in 21,525 posts

Quote Posted by Running (here)
    Hey everyone, ...
    Hey Running,

My experience is that there will be much to learn, especially (as you know) about one's diet, on the path to health. Focused "cures", such as turpentine, are useful, in the way that band-aids are useful. They can give one a very useful start on some specific issue or related issues, and a useful long term tool for certain situations and bodies. In time, it may be that you will also learn how to promote "good gut health", a good and ample mix of soluable minerals, what fats and oils are healthy and what ones are harmful, and the harms that can be caused by too much carbs, sugars, grains, processed foods, industrial farming, glyphospate, and (as you have already noticed) antibiotics and pharmaceuticals.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

meat suit (28th March 2017)

20. Link to Post #672
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Running (here)
    Hey everyone,

I've been following this forum closely for a while now and I too have been using turpentine for the past 3 weeks. I have been dosing daily rotating between sugar cubes and castor oil mixed with 1 teaspoon of turpentine. I suffer from severe candida that was brought on through years of bad diet, alcohol abuse and years of antibiotics and other pharmaceuticals. Just to name off some of my symptoms: mental fog, trouble concentrating, dizziness, blurry vision, fatigue, teeth grinding while sleeping, muscle weakness, food intolerance, alopecia areata, keratosis pilaris, tinea versicolor, oral and genital thrush, brittle nails, cystic acne, and the list goes on... My protocol for turpentine is taken early in the morning followed by a coffee enema a few hours later. I have been having major die off symptoms, my skin has broken out in a rash, my tinea versicolor has spread and become flaky and dry, I have dry mouth with cracking lips, increased oral thrush, and fatigue (first week) I find that the coffee enemas make a huge difference when administered after my dosage when dealing with die off. I do highly recommend them. Even though I do have die off symptoms that would make the average person not even want to consider trying turp, I firmly do believe in its healing properties. I have energy and zest that I haven't had in over a decade. That alone right there is enough for me. My vision has improved, my mental fog has dramatically decreased, my concentration has dramatically increased. I'm talking about to a point where I REALLY struggled at reading because my vision was off, which caused me to become dizzy, and since i had trouble concentrating, I wasn't able to retain anything. It would be almost impossible to read a book for a solid 5 minutes and retain anything. That is now gone! Oddly, an unexpected side effect occurred for me. Since forever i've had an under bite where my lower jaw would slightly protrude over my upper jaw. It wasn't anything extreme and you could only really notice it when i'd make a large smile. Since taking turpentine, my jaw has realigned itself to its correct position. I don't understand why or how but this happened ever since lol. My breathing and sinuses were never really bad but now they're noticeably better. A huge improvement and something i struggled with for the past few years was food intolerance. No matter what food I ate I ALWAYS had a reaction. I'd say my reaction to foods have decreased by 75% within the 3 weeks of my turpentine use. Slowly but surely I am convinced that sticking with my protocol I will eventually get to where I want to be in terms of health. If you're unsure about giving it a try, there are a few members that have been taking turpentine daily for an extended period of time with no negative side effects, including myself. Just listen to your body carefully. Good luck everyone.

I look forward to hearing your results and experiences with turpentine.

Also, if anyone has experience with iodine, i'd love to hear your story. I hear wonderful things. (maybe wrong forum, sorry)
    Inspirational stuff here Running. I'm going to get started on this protocol in the next week or so (I may start a few days before the full moon actually which is on May 10th). Just wondering if you went straight in with the daily Teaspoon or built this up over time? Seems like quite alot which may relate to the die off symptoms. I haven't read this entire thread but I've read in a few places that it's recommended to do a teaspoon once a day for 4 days and then twice weekly for maintenance after that. Any thoughts on this? I'm also doing the coffee enemas myself

21. Link to Post #673
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thanks Axis!

I would say take it slow. Start with the 4 day protocol at half the dosage and see how your body feels. Initially about 4 months ago I started off with the 4 day (at half a teaspoon for the first week) and then twice weekly (1 teaspoon) for about a month. During that time I became sick with flu like symptoms (in retrospect I do believe it was brought on by die-off from the turpentine) and then right after I recovered I went away on a trip and kind of forgot about the whole process. While I was off the turpentine, my energy was high, I could stomach pretty much everything I ate, but that only lasted for so long. I eventually became sick with a throat infection so under my doctors guidance I took a round of antibiotics..... and this is where I went back to square 1 in being sick. Up until my sickness, I will admit it was my fault to get to that point. Since I could eat everything without any reactions, I was eating cake, burgers, pizza, pasta, ice cream and I did this often. I gained a solid 20 pounds in a couple of months lol. Sounds crazy but in a weird way it does show that turpentine worked for me lol.

Overall just take things slow, really listen to your body and if the symptoms get too intense, pull back, take a few days off and then restart slowly again.

I truly do believe that turpentine in the right dosages is not harmful. I think it depends on how toxic your body is and whether or not you can deal with the die off symptoms. For me they are pretty severe but I do see improvement, and the coffee enemas make everything manageable. I'm an average guy, but I've struggled with pain my entire life. I've done every single treatment that is out there from a wide range of pharmaceuticals to holistic medicine and so on, and I can say ingesting turpentine was not on the top of my to do list. But in desperate times, I took desperate measures and do not regret it at all with my results. I hope this information can help you. Good luck my friend.
    Last edited by Running; 28th March 2017 at 12:34.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Running For This Post:

AxisMundi (28th March 2017)

23. Link to Post #674
    Thanks

Quote Overall just take things slow, really listen to your body and if the symptoms get too intense, pull back, take a few days off and then restart slowly again.
    Many thanks for your insights. I had to laugh at the part about the cakes, burgers and pizzas. I'm similar in that I've tried everything over the years, mostly holistic and alternative modalities. I don't really have much pain but I certainly DO have fatigue and know that I have alot of toxicity still. I've been gluten free and pretty much dairy free for about 8 years but have a BIG issue with sugar and especially chocolate. Sad to say for a 42 year old man but I can't seem to give it up for any duration! I'm gonna go all in though when I start this regime and just eat whatever pain comes my way (rather than the sugar) in terms of cravings. Having said that, I get to have the sugar with the Turpentine so maybe that'll be a bonus! I think I'll start around the next full moon.

Cheers

24. Link to Post #675
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,522 times in 20,692 posts

Iodine Supplements and Dosages
    Published on March 27, 2017
    http://drsircus.com/iodine/iodine-su...df5de-10646942
    ( Red letters my emphasis to indicate specific info about iodine for treating Candida. Live links to more info in the article --I did not copy them all here.)

Quote Iodine is necessary for the proper function of many of the body’s tissues including the breasts, pancreas, brain, stomach, adrenal glands, skin, salivary glands, and cerebral spinal fluid. Iodine deficiency can lead to a dysfunction of these tissues and cause symptoms such as dry mouth, dry skin, reduced alertness, brain fog, fibromyalgia, fibrocystic breasts, and many others. Some studies have shown that iodine deficiency leads to a higher risk of developing various cancers, especially of the breast, prostate, and ovaries. Do not wait for any of these symptoms to arrive, everyone today will benefit from higher iodine intake.

Humans tolerate large doses of iodine. The ultra-high doses that were used a century ago are helpful in medical emergencies—specifically when facing antibiotic resistant infections, viruses and stubborn fungal and yeast infections. Iodine’s true role—making up more than 1/2 of the body’s Immune System—is not well understood. Deficiencies in iodine have a great effect on the immune system and its response to infectious diseases including cancer, which in many cases, up to 40 percent, are caused by infections.

The National Health and Nutrition Survey undertaken by the CDC showed iodine levels falling over 50% in the last 30 years. In 1940, the average American got 800 micrograms of iodine in their diet. In 1995 we averaged 135 micrograms, an 83% decline! The Japanese consume 89 times more iodine then Americans, due to their daily consumption of sea vegetables, and they have reduced rates of many chronic diseases, including the lowest rates of cancer in the world. Why is your oncologist so ignorant, why does your government not inform you, why do medical organizations and the medical press promote everything but iodine for the treatment and prevention of cancer?

Even at low dosages, iodine is a powerhouse. So effective is iodine that aerosols can be effective in sterilizing a room at levels not even detectable by humans. However, Dr. David Derry says, “Dietary iodine found in iodized salt is below the amounts needed to fill mucus defense roles. To protect themselves, people wishing to boost their defense against infections should use Iodine supplement in their diets. Why would people need the larger doses of iodine? Why have iodine levels fallen 50% in the last 30 years? As I pondered these questions, I came to the conclusion that the toxicity of modern life must be impacting iodine levels. It is well known that the toxic halides, fluoride and bromide, having a similar structure as iodine, can competitively inhibit iodine absorption and binding in the body. Because of the elevated levels of toxic halides in the environment and in the food supply, iodine levels have not only fallen but larger amounts of iodine are necessary to correct iodine deficiency as well as to promote a detoxifying effect of heavy metals.”

When treating life-threatening diseases we do not have months to fool around with low dosages. The anti-microbial process of iodine quickly kills bacteria, viruses, fungi, and various other microorganisms if a high enough dosage is used. We need to dial up iodine levels quickly when we use it to fight infections. Iodine can be taken internally in large quantities and will have the same effect internally as it does on external surfaces. In addition, as in breast cancer, we often need to get it concentrated to certain tissues or organs and we do that by painting the breasts with iodine.

Just to give you an idea of how high iodine dosages have been taken to in the past we have to revisit the 1930s when iodine was still a universal medicine, present in the US Pharmacopeia and was used at much higher dosages than anyone even dreams of using today. The usual dose for treatment was 300 mgs (46 drops of full strength Lugol’s) to 1 gm (1000 mg, 154 drops). ”

Dr. David Brownstein says, “Of all the elements known so far to be essential for human health, iodine is the most misunderstood and the most feared. Yet, iodine is the safest of all the essential trace elements, being the only one that can be administered safely for long periods of time to large numbers of patients in daily amounts as high as 100,000 times the RDA.” The current US daily recommended allowance (RDA) for iodine is set at 150 mcg for non-pregnant adults.

Dr. Michael B. Schachter says, “The treatment dose when a person is iodine insufficient is generally between 12.5 mg and 50 mg daily. Preliminary research indicates that if a person is iodine insufficient, it takes about three months to become iodine sufficient while ingesting a dosage of 50 mg of iodine daily and a year to achieve that while ingesting a dosage of 12.5 mg of iodine daily.

For those who are interested in maintained dosages after disease and deficiencies have been dealt with understand that your thyroid gland alone needs about 6 mg of iodine per day for optimal function; the breasts of a woman will need approximately 5 mg/day (women with larger breasts need more); and other body tissues such as your adrenal glands, thymus, ovaries, hypothalamus, and pituitary gland need about 2 mg/day. Thus for optimal wellness adults should consider approximately10 to 12 mg/day.

Dr. Gabriel Cousens wrote, “Recently Dr. Mercola surprisingly stated that the highest amount of daily iodine intake should be no more than 400 micrograms. This is only slightly higher than the FDA recommendation, which is 150-290 micrograms daily, dependent upon age, gender and life cycle. However, it is dramatically less than what some of the leading iodine medical experts suggest, as closer to, at least, 12-18 milligrams daily, approximately 45 times higher. Why this discrepancy? And how can Dr. Mercola, who is often so correct in his understanding, in my opinion, miss the mark exponentially?”

Cousens states, “Historically, as early as 1911, (11th edition of the 1910-1911 Encyclopedia Britannica) people normally took between 300,000-900,000 micrograms daily without incident. This is over 2,000 times more than Dr. Mercola’s recommendation. How is it that now only 1/5,000th of this dose is now considered safe? In 1948, there was a poorly performed and, since then, never replicated study alleging what is known as the Wolff-Chaikoff effect. The Wolff-Chaikoff effect suggested that theoretically hypothyroidism could occur as a result of excess iodine. This study indicated a decreased dosage to 2 milligrams daily would be safer. (This is still an amount 5 times higher than what Dr. Mercola is recommending.) Even the Food and Nutritional Board at the Institute of Medicine has set the tolerable upper limit of 1,100 micrograms of iodine daily (3 times higher than Dr. Mercola’s recommendation). Other researchers have used between 3,000 and 6,000 micrograms/day to prevent goiter (14 times higher than Dr. Mercola’s recommendation). Iodine is found in every single one of our body’s hundred trillion cells. Without adequate iodine levels life is impossible. Iodine is the universal health nutrient and brings health on many levels.”

One of my neighbors, who had cancer, visited the Gerson Clinic in Mexico and came back with a protocol suggesting one drop of Lugol’s a day. I of course have him taking much more. When I take, I do not count the drops. Easier and more efficient to just use a dropper or two though there are iodine sensitive people who need to be extremely cautious about dosages especially when just starting iodine supplementation.

Dr. David Brownstein said, “After testing individuals and finding low iodine levels, I began to use smaller milligram amounts of iodine/iodide (6.25 mg/day). Upon retesting these individuals 1-2 months later, little progress was made. I therefore began using higher milligram doses (6.25-50 mg) to increase the serum levels of iodine. It was only with these higher doses that I began to see clinical improvement as well as positive changes in the laboratory tests.” Brownstein has sometimes used between 200 and 300 milligrams of iodine daily, with higher doses for more serious and difficult diseases.

“At 6 grams daily (which is 6 million micrograms/day or 6,000 milligrams/day!), a much higher dose, iodine has been used to cure syphilis, skin lesions, and chronic lung disease,” says Cousens. “From a larger physiological perspective, it is important to realize that the thyroid is only one gland of many glands and tissues that needs iodine. Other glands/organs/systems with high iodine uptake are the breasts, ovaries, cervix, blood, lymph, bones, gastric mucosal, salivary, adrenal, prostate, colon, thymus, lungs, bladder, kidney, and skin. Iodine is found and used in every hormonal receptor in the body.”

Dr. George Flechas has found that iodine can reduce the need for insulin in diabetic patients, using 50 to 100 mg of iodine per day. Of 12 patients, 6 were able to completely come off their medications with random glucose readings below 100 mg/dl and a HbA1c less than 5.8 (normal), and the other 6 were able to reduce the amount and/or number of medications needed to control their diabetes.

Dr. Hulda Clark said, “Six drops of Lugol’s solution can end it all for Salmonella. If you have gas and bloating, pour yourself 1/2 glass of water. Add 6 drops of Lugol’s (not more, not less), stir with wood or plastic, and drink all at once. The action is noticeable in an hour. Take this dose 4 times a day, after meals and at bedtime, for 3 days in a row, then as needed. This eradicates even a stubborn case of Salmonella. Notice how calming 6 drops of Lugol’s can be, soothing a manic stage and bringing a peaceful state where anxiety ruled before.”

Retired biochemist and toxicologist Walter Last has this to say about Lugol’s:

“Lugol’s solution is an internal iodine solution designed to eliminate Candida and possibly viruses and other microbes from the bloodstream. Take a test drop in liquid other then just water to make it taste less strong. If this does not cause an allergic reaction, continue to take 4 x 6 drops daily in liquid or mixed with food, but not together with vitamins A, C, E, grape seed extract or cysteine. Iodine is an oxidant and it is best to reduce the intake of antioxidants while using it.”

“If the blood was contaminated, then you may initially experience a die-off reaction of the Candida, causing weakness and possibly headache or nausea. If this happens cut temporarily back on the amount of Lugol’s solution and drink plenty of water and diluted teas or juices. Continue for 3 weeks, but interrupt if you develop a serious reaction. Do not take the iodine for more than 3 weeks at high dosages as that interferes with thyroid activity. If necessary repeat the course after several months.”

Gradual Dose Buildup

Many people will find that it is important to build up gradually in order to experience the least amount of detoxification reaction from taking iodine. It is best when using strong chelators, which iodine is, to moderate the amount of detoxification symptoms or what is called the Herxemeirs reaction, which is the experience of poisons being dumped into the blood stream from the cells or from large-scale yeast die offs. This is most readily controlled with iodine in the Nascent atomic form simply because it is so easy to control and regulate low dosages.

Iodine sensitive and thyroid compromised patients should read Dr. David Brownstein’s works on iodine and thyroid conditions. Many people are already severely thyroid compromised and are on drugs that complicate things.

Supplementing with iodine can replenish your iodine stores while flushing out poisons. People usually do not experience the negative effects of some type of detoxification when using iodine unless they are removing unusually high levels of bromide and fluoride. Most people actually notice increased energy, better sleep, and mental clarity. Over the last 30 years, our iodine intake has declined 50%, while the ingestion of toxic competing halogens (bromine, fluorine, chlorine, and perchlorate) has dramatically increased.

Iodine Products

These are the two iodine products I use and recommend. The Nascent Iodine is better for iodine sensitive individuals and for children where lower dosages are needed and recommended. Lugol’s is less expensive and better for transdermal applications as well as higher oral dosages. When I take iodine orally, I also drop in a good amount of an exceptionally strong liquid selenium into the glass because even a small amount of selenium reduces the chances of dying of cancer by almost fifty percent. There are other products in solid form but have never used or recommended them.

Bottom Line

Without iodine to control infection, surgery and hospitals in general become inherently more dangerous. For that matter, in the future, without iodine, no one would go into a hospital unless they absolutely had to because of all the germs on floors and other surfaces and floating around in the air and nothing the doctors will give in terms of antibiotics will help because they have already created so many antibiotic resistant strains of pathogens

The last thing we need to be afraid of is iodine used in high enough dosages to take down infections that are life-threatening. Do not be shy about administering high dosages unless it is the first administration of iodine to a thyroid-compromised patient. That said, if there is time, always start out with low dosages. It is like putting your toe in hot water to see if you can get safely into the tub. Check out your sensitivity to iodine if you are a first time user.

See Recent Essay – Main Reasons Iodine supplementation is Essential:
    http://drsircus.com/iodine/main-reas...ion-essential/
    Each breath a gift...

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

AxisMundi (28th March 2017), Burpentime (30th March 2017), penn (28th March 2017), Sophocles (4th April 2017)

26. Link to Post #676
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you!

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    iodine supplements and dosages
    published on march 27, 2017
    http://drsircus.com/iodine/iodine-su...df5de-10646942
    ( red letters my emphasis to indicate specific info about iodine for treating candida. Live links to more info in the article --i did not copy them all here.)

Quote iodine is necessary for the proper function of many of the body’s tissues including the breasts, pancreas, brain, stomach, adrenal glands, skin, salivary glands, and cerebral spinal fluid. Iodine deficiency can lead to a dysfunction of these tissues and cause symptoms such as dry mouth, dry skin, reduced alertness, brain fog, fibromyalgia, fibrocystic breasts, and many others. Some studies have shown that iodine deficiency leads to a higher risk of developing various cancers, especially of the breast, prostate, and ovaries. Do not wait for any of these symptoms to arrive, everyone today will benefit from higher iodine intake.

Humans tolerate large doses of iodine. The ultra-high doses that were used a century ago are helpful in medical emergencies—specifically when facing antibiotic resistant infections, viruses and stubborn fungal and yeast infections. Iodine’s true role—making up more than 1/2 of the body’s immune system—is not well understood. Deficiencies in iodine have a great effect on the immune system and its response to infectious diseases including cancer, which in many cases, up to 40 percent, are caused by infections.

The national health and nutrition survey undertaken by the cdc showed iodine levels falling over 50% in the last 30 years. In 1940, the average american got 800 micrograms of iodine in their diet. In 1995 we averaged 135 micrograms, an 83% decline! The japanese consume 89 times more iodine then americans, due to their daily consumption of sea vegetables, and they have reduced rates of many chronic diseases, including the lowest rates of cancer in the world. Why is your oncologist so ignorant, why does your government not inform you, why do medical organizations and the medical press promote everything but iodine for the treatment and prevention of cancer?

Even at low dosages, iodine is a powerhouse. So effective is iodine that aerosols can be effective in sterilizing a room at levels not even detectable by humans. However, dr. David derry says, “dietary iodine found in iodized salt is below the amounts needed to fill mucus defense roles. To protect themselves, people wishing to boost their defense against infections should use iodine supplement in their diets. Why would people need the larger doses of iodine? Why have iodine levels fallen 50% in the last 30 years? As i pondered these questions, i came to the conclusion that the toxicity of modern life must be impacting iodine levels. It is well known that the toxic halides, fluoride and bromide, having a similar structure as iodine, can competitively inhibit iodine absorption and binding in the body. Because of the elevated levels of toxic halides in the environment and in the food supply, iodine levels have not only fallen but larger amounts of iodine are necessary to correct iodine deficiency as well as to promote a detoxifying effect of heavy metals.”

when treating life-threatening diseases we do not have months to fool around with low dosages. The anti-microbial process of iodine quickly kills bacteria, viruses, fungi, and various other microorganisms if a high enough dosage is used. We need to dial up iodine levels quickly when we use it to fight infections. Iodine can be taken internally in large quantities and will have the same effect internally as it does on external surfaces. In addition, as in breast cancer, we often need to get it concentrated to certain tissues or organs and we do that by painting the breasts with iodine.

Just to give you an idea of how high iodine dosages have been taken to in the past we have to revisit the 1930s when iodine was still a universal medicine, present in the us pharmacopeia and was used at much higher dosages than anyone even dreams of using today. The usual dose for treatment was 300 mgs (46 drops of full strength lugol’s) to 1 gm (1000 mg, 154 drops). ”

dr. David brownstein says, “of all the elements known so far to be essential for human health, iodine is the most misunderstood and the most feared. Yet, iodine is the safest of all the essential trace elements, being the only one that can be administered safely for long periods of time to large numbers of patients in daily amounts as high as 100,000 times the rda.” the current us daily recommended allowance (rda) for iodine is set at 150 mcg for non-pregnant adults.

Dr. Michael b. Schachter says, “the treatment dose when a person is iodine insufficient is generally between 12.5 mg and 50 mg daily. Preliminary research indicates that if a person is iodine insufficient, it takes about three months to become iodine sufficient while ingesting a dosage of 50 mg of iodine daily and a year to achieve that while ingesting a dosage of 12.5 mg of iodine daily.

For those who are interested in maintained dosages after disease and deficiencies have been dealt with understand that your thyroid gland alone needs about 6 mg of iodine per day for optimal function; the breasts of a woman will need approximately 5 mg/day (women with larger breasts need more); and other body tissues such as your adrenal glands, thymus, ovaries, hypothalamus, and pituitary gland need about 2 mg/day. Thus for optimal wellness adults should consider approximately10 to 12 mg/day.

Dr. Gabriel cousens wrote, “recently dr. Mercola surprisingly stated that the highest amount of daily iodine intake should be no more than 400 micrograms. This is only slightly higher than the fda recommendation, which is 150-290 micrograms daily, dependent upon age, gender and life cycle. However, it is dramatically less than what some of the leading iodine medical experts suggest, as closer to, at least, 12-18 milligrams daily, approximately 45 times higher. Why this discrepancy? And how can dr. Mercola, who is often so correct in his understanding, in my opinion, miss the mark exponentially?”

cousens states, “historically, as early as 1911, (11th edition of the 1910-1911 encyclopedia britannica) people normally took between 300,000-900,000 micrograms daily without incident. This is over 2,000 times more than dr. Mercola’s recommendation. How is it that now only 1/5,000th of this dose is now considered safe? In 1948, there was a poorly performed and, since then, never replicated study alleging what is known as the wolff-chaikoff effect. The wolff-chaikoff effect suggested that theoretically hypothyroidism could occur as a result of excess iodine. This study indicated a decreased dosage to 2 milligrams daily would be safer. (this is still an amount 5 times higher than what dr. Mercola is recommending.) even the food and nutritional board at the institute of medicine has set the tolerable upper limit of 1,100 micrograms of iodine daily (3 times higher than dr. Mercola’s recommendation). Other researchers have used between 3,000 and 6,000 micrograms/day to prevent goiter (14 times higher than dr. Mercola’s recommendation). Iodine is found in every single one of our body’s hundred trillion cells. Without adequate iodine levels life is impossible. Iodine is the universal health nutrient and brings health on many levels.”

one of my neighbors, who had cancer, visited the gerson clinic in mexico and came back with a protocol suggesting one drop of lugol’s a day. I of course have him taking much more. When i take, i do not count the drops. Easier and more efficient to just use a dropper or two though there are iodine sensitive people who need to be extremely cautious about dosages especially when just starting iodine supplementation.

Dr. David brownstein said, “after testing individuals and finding low iodine levels, i began to use smaller milligram amounts of iodine/iodide (6.25 mg/day). Upon retesting these individuals 1-2 months later, little progress was made. I therefore began using higher milligram doses (6.25-50 mg) to increase the serum levels of iodine. It was only with these higher doses that i began to see clinical improvement as well as positive changes in the laboratory tests.” brownstein has sometimes used between 200 and 300 milligrams of iodine daily, with higher doses for more serious and difficult diseases.

“at 6 grams daily (which is 6 million micrograms/day or 6,000 milligrams/day!), a much higher dose, iodine has been used to cure syphilis, skin lesions, and chronic lung disease,” says cousens. “from a larger physiological perspective, it is important to realize that the thyroid is only one gland of many glands and tissues that needs iodine. Other glands/organs/systems with high iodine uptake are the breasts, ovaries, cervix, blood, lymph, bones, gastric mucosal, salivary, adrenal, prostate, colon, thymus, lungs, bladder, kidney, and skin. Iodine is found and used in every hormonal receptor in the body.”

dr. George flechas has found that iodine can reduce the need for insulin in diabetic patients, using 50 to 100 mg of iodine per day. Of 12 patients, 6 were able to completely come off their medications with random glucose readings below 100 mg/dl and a hba1c less than 5.8 (normal), and the other 6 were able to reduce the amount and/or number of medications needed to control their diabetes.

Dr. Hulda clark said, “six drops of lugol’s solution can end it all for salmonella. If you have gas and bloating, pour yourself 1/2 glass of water. Add 6 drops of lugol’s (not more, not less), stir with wood or plastic, and drink all at once. The action is noticeable in an hour. Take this dose 4 times a day, after meals and at bedtime, for 3 days in a row, then as needed. This eradicates even a stubborn case of salmonella. Notice how calming 6 drops of lugol’s can be, soothing a manic stage and bringing a peaceful state where anxiety ruled before.”

retired biochemist and toxicologist walter last has this to say about lugol’s:

“lugol’s solution is an internal iodine solution designed to eliminate candida and possibly viruses and other microbes from the bloodstream. Take a test drop in liquid other then just water to make it taste less strong. If this does not cause an allergic reaction, continue to take 4 x 6 drops daily in liquid or mixed with food, but not together with vitamins a, c, e, grape seed extract or cysteine. Iodine is an oxidant and it is best to reduce the intake of antioxidants while using it.”

“if the blood was contaminated, then you may initially experience a die-off reaction of the candida, causing weakness and possibly headache or nausea. If this happens cut temporarily back on the amount of lugol’s solution and drink plenty of water and diluted teas or juices. Continue for 3 weeks, but interrupt if you develop a serious reaction. Do not take the iodine for more than 3 weeks at high dosages as that interferes with thyroid activity. If necessary repeat the course after several months.”

gradual dose buildup

many people will find that it is important to build up gradually in order to experience the least amount of detoxification reaction from taking iodine. It is best when using strong chelators, which iodine is, to moderate the amount of detoxification symptoms or what is called the herxemeirs reaction, which is the experience of poisons being dumped into the blood stream from the cells or from large-scale yeast die offs. This is most readily controlled with iodine in the nascent atomic form simply because it is so easy to control and regulate low dosages.

iodine sensitive and thyroid compromised patients should read dr. David brownstein’s works on iodine and thyroid conditions. Many people are already severely thyroid compromised and are on drugs that complicate things.

Supplementing with iodine can replenish your iodine stores while flushing out poisons. People usually do not experience the negative effects of some type of detoxification when using iodine unless they are removing unusually high levels of bromide and fluoride. Most people actually notice increased energy, better sleep, and mental clarity. Over the last 30 years, our iodine intake has declined 50%, while the ingestion of toxic competing halogens (bromine, fluorine, chlorine, and perchlorate) has dramatically increased.

Iodine products

these are the two iodine products i use and recommend. The nascent iodine is better for iodine sensitive individuals and for children where lower dosages are needed and recommended. Lugol’s is less expensive and better for transdermal applications as well as higher oral dosages. When i take iodine orally, i also drop in a good amount of an exceptionally strong liquid selenium into the glass because even a small amount of selenium reduces the chances of dying of cancer by almost fifty percent. There are other products in solid form but have never used or recommended them.

Bottom line

without iodine to control infection, surgery and hospitals in general become inherently more dangerous. For that matter, in the future, without iodine, no one would go into a hospital unless they absolutely had to because of all the germs on floors and other surfaces and floating around in the air and nothing the doctors will give in terms of antibiotics will help because they have already created so many antibiotic resistant strains of pathogens

the last thing we need to be afraid of is iodine used in high enough dosages to take down infections that are life-threatening. Do not be shy about administering high dosages unless it is the first administration of iodine to a thyroid-compromised patient. That said, if there is time, always start out with low dosages. It is like putting your toe in hot water to see if you can get safely into the tub. Check out your sensitivity to iodine if you are a first time user.

See recent essay – main reasons iodine supplementation is essential:
    http://drsircus.com/iodine/main-reas...ion-essential/

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Running For This Post:

AxisMundi (31st March 2017), onawah (29th March 2017)

28. Link to Post #677
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Just an update: Since my last post, I took one textbook dose of turp, with no effects good or bad that I could sense. But other than that, I have reversed the symptoms of eczema back about 7 months...its just mild dry skin on some areas of my scalp and most of my major problem areas are healthy again. Digestion is a lot better and so is elimination. What really tipped it in my favour is that I started taking gelatin powder and drinking 99% aloe vera juice, along with glutamine, iodine, ACVinegar, coconut oil, HCI pills, green tea, all more than twice a day. Still eating mostly vegan except for bone broth. I also started red LED light therapy, 640nm I believe. I really think it was the gelatin and red light that had the biggest noticeable effects (I'm sure everything I'm doing compounds). I know that the red light is just dealing with the symptom but it works for flare ups, its clean, cheap over time and harmless and is still helping the skin heal...I'd choose red light over steroid creams 1000x over. I ended up breaking my diet the other day with a sushi buffet and had a little step back in progress but it feels so good to be able to eat some super tasty foods again. But it's time to reign in the discipline again for a while. Will probably do another turp dose this weekend. Things are looking up.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Burpentime For This Post:

AxisMundi (31st March 2017)

30. Link to Post #678
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Burpentime (here)
    Just an update: Since my last post, I took one textbook dose of turp, with no effects good or bad that I could sense. But other than that, I have reversed the symptoms of eczema back about 7 months...its just mild dry skin on some areas of my scalp and most of my major problem areas are healthy again. Digestion is a lot better and so is elimination. What really tipped it in my favour is that I started taking gelatin powder and drinking 99% aloe vera juice, along with glutamine, iodine, ACVinegar, coconut oil, HCI pills, green tea, all more than twice a day. Still eating mostly vegan except for bone broth. I also started red LED light therapy, 640nm I believe. I really think it was the gelatin and red light that had the biggest noticeable effects (I'm sure everything I'm doing compounds). I know that the red light is just dealing with the symptom but it works for flare ups, its clean, cheap over time and harmless and is still helping the skin heal...I'd choose red light over steroid creams 1000x over. I ended up breaking my diet the other day with a sushi buffet and had a little step back in progress but it feels so good to be able to eat some super tasty foods again. But it's time to reign in the discipline again for a while. Will probably do another turp dose this weekend. Things are looking up.

Congratulations! It's great to hear about your progress. I 100% promote a healthy diet, but isn't is it so nice to just eat something that would normally give you a negative reaction... and then it doesn't! lol

Keep going friend!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Running For This Post:

Burpentime (5th April 2017)

32. Link to Post #679
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hey everyone,

was wondering if anyone had any die off symptoms while doing turpentine? I've been pretty aggressive with my protocol, I feel great but have a non itchy skin like rash all over my body. Any one experience something similar?

33. Link to Post #680
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,358 times in 436 posts

I don't use turpentine these days (not drawn-and now I am repulsed by the smell).
    I am taking iodine drops, however, as I had a blood test and was found to be very low. Given our depleted soils, I think most people would be deficient.

I also use frankincense oil on my super sensitive face- I can develop a pimple like rash on my chin and cheeks. I do agree that poor gut health reflects in our body. It is a tricky area to maintain and repair... diet is key. The tricky part is acknowledging the damage (unconsciously) caused when one was very young. High levels of antibiotics, for example, can create a faulty auto-immune system...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst 1 24 34 38 LastLast