+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast

Thread: The Borax Conspiracy

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member Shannow's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Borax Conspiracy

I buy Nexus every issue, and this article just rang rue as making sense.

http://nexusmagazine.co.nz/resources/1904borax.pdf

Made even more sense, as the Borax that I'd been walking past every time I went shopping for a decade was sitting there with "discontinued item" labels on it, so I bought the last 3 lb...enough to last me a lifetime at a pinch per day...interesting too in that it was only days after they introduced fluoride to the local water supply, against opposition even from local dentists.

Quote The strong antifungal action of boric acid is, of course, the reason why it has traditionally been used as a food preservative.

Borax, similar to the equally endangered Lugol's iodine solution, can also be used to remove accumulated fluoride and heavy metals from the body (14). Fluoride not only causes bones to deteriorate, but also the pineal gland to calcify and the thyroid to become underactive. Borax reacts with fluoride ions to form boron fluorides which are then excreted in the urine.

In a Chinese study borax was used to treat 31 patients with skeletal fluorosis. The amount was gradually increased from 300 to 1100 mg/day during a three month period, with one week off each month. The treatment was effective with 50 to 80% improvement.
    Same old Same old, removed from the shelves because it is toxic (and the hypochlorite bleach next to it isn't even more so ???)....

From the article...

Quote Toxicity Issues

Government health agencies are concerned about boron toxicity. You might be concerned as well if you read the following, pertaining to sodium chloride or table salt (17): 'Acute oral toxicity (LD50 - the dose at which half of the tested animals die): 3,000 mg/kg [Rat]. Chronic Effects on Humans: Mutagenic for mammalian somatic cells. Slightly hazardous in case of skin contact, ingestion or inhalation. Lowest Published Lethal Oral Dose in Man: 1000 mg/kg. Causes adverse reproductive effects in humans (fetotoxicity, abortion) by intraplacental route, may increase risk of Toxemia of Pregnancy in susceptible women. May cause adverse reproductive effects and birth defects in animals, particularly rats and mice - fetotoxicity, abortion, musculoskeletal abnormalities, and maternal effects (on ovaries, fallopian tubes).
    May affect genetic material (mutagenic). Ingestion of large quantities can irritate the stomach with nausea and vomiting. May affect behavior (muscle spasicity/contraction, somnolence), sense organs, metabolism, and cardiovascular system. Continued exposure may produce dehydration, internal organ congestion, and coma.'

Now compare the sodium chloride toxicity with the Material Safety Data Sheet or MSDS for borax (18): 'Low acute oral toxicity; LD50 in rats 4,500 to 6,000 mg/kg of body weight. Reproductive/developmental toxicity: Animal feeding studies in rat, mouse and dog, at high doses, have demonstrated effects on fertility and testes. Studies with boric acid in the rat, mouse and rabbit, at high doses, demonstrate developmental effects on the fetus, including fetal weight loss and minor skeletal variations. The doses administered were many times in excess of those to which humans would normally be exposed. No evidence of carcinogenicity in mice. No mutagenic activity was observed in a battery of short-term mutagenicity assays. Human epidemiological studies show no increase in pulmonary disease in occupational populations with chronic exposures to borate dust and no effect on fertility.'

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Alan (29th February 2024), Alexmcph (12th August 2023), Antagenet (10th August 2019), Arcturian108 (4th August 2019), Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Brenya (22nd December 2020), cursichella1 (1st October 2013), DNA (2nd October 2013), eva08 (2nd October 2013), Franny (4th August 2019), Hervé (4th August 2019), ian33 (4th February 2021), Icare (23rd December 2019), Jean-Marie (2nd October 2013), kanishk (4th October 2013), karelia (1st October 2013), kevster (8th October 2013), Kryztian (5th August 2019), Lettherebelight (1st October 2013), Lifebringer (1st October 2013), NancyV (5th August 2019), Nasu (30th March 2017), Phoenix1304 (29th January 2021), Reinhard (4th August 2019), sigma6 (1st October 2013), ThePythonicCow (30th March 2017), toppy (5th July 2019), Violet (1st October 2013), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Default Re: The Borax Conspiracy

Thanks, and let's also make a clear difference between borax (sodium tetraborate) and boric acid (Trihydrooxidoboron).

They are not synonyms.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), cursichella1 (1st October 2013), Deux Corbeaux (11th August 2019), DNA (2nd October 2013), East Sun (19th September 2019), Franny (4th August 2019), Lettherebelight (1st October 2013), sheme (31st March 2017), toppy (5th July 2019), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

5. Link to Post #3
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Violet (here)
    Thanks, and let's also make a clear difference between borax (sodium tetraborate) and boric acid (Trihydrooxidoboron).

They are not synonyms.
    can we take boric acid orally in case there is no borax?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Kryztian (5th July 2022), toppy (5th July 2019), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

Borax is very hard to get in Australia now. I tried to get some to fertilize my Olive Groves, but I had to settle on another product ( http://www.nutri-tech.com.au/product...n-shuttle.html ) a synthetic liquid with high boron availability - a foliar treatment.

Australian soil is often deficient in Boron and this is an ever present problem for many farmers.

This looks interesting and I may try it this year as I am moving toward a total 100% organic approach.

http://www.australianhumates.com/blo...on-fertilizer/

If all farmers had the correct Boron content in the soil, the produce would grow well and then itself have good boron levels and then the rest of us would not need to be concerned with scoffing boron supplements
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Constance (6th August 2019), cursichella1 (1st October 2013), DNA (2nd October 2013), Franny (4th August 2019), Kryztian (5th July 2022), Lettherebelight (1st October 2013), petra (12th August 2019), sunflower (4th August 2019), toppy (5th July 2019), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

same reason why they add chemicals to "hydrogen peroxide" to turn it into a poison, since they can't make it illegal...
    I wonder if it's against the law for them to make pure hydrogen peroxide with only filtered water? (besides the food grade which costs 10x as much...)

If a manufacturer ever figured that out... "suggested" it's purity on his label. he could take a larger percentage of market share I believe...
    I know I'd buy it by the carton...

another lie exposed, this has been a good week, I just pulled the lid off original turpentine and kerosene as effective anti-fungal agents... all good signs that the awakening to truth is coming...

would like more info on that bit about the difference between boric acid and borax, which is which?...
    Last edited by sigma6; 1st October 2013 at 23:36.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Constance (6th August 2019), East Sun (19th September 2019), Kryztian (5th July 2022), toppy (5th July 2019), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

11. Link to Post #6
    Australia Avalon Member Shannow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Anchor (here)
    Borax is very hard to get in Australia now. I tried to get some to fertilize my Olive Groves, but I had to settle on another product ( http://www.nutri-tech.com.au/product...n-shuttle.html ) a synthetic liquid with high boron availability - a foliar treatment.

Australian soil is often deficient in Boron and this is an ever present problem for many farmers.

This looks interesting and I may try it this year as I am moving toward a total 100% organic approach.

http://www.australianhumates.com/blo...on-fertilizer/

If all farmers had the correct Boron content in the soil, the produce would grow well and then itself have good boron levels and then the rest of us would not need to be concerned with scoffing boron supplements
    TPTB don't want you to correct the boron levels in your soil. There's a relatively cheap soil ameliorative that's available for a couple bucks a tonne, within 100 miles of Sydney, and they cite boron toxicity as a reason for not allowing it on agriculture.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Constance (6th August 2019), Kryztian (5th July 2022), petra (12th August 2019), toppy (5th July 2019), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Quote Posted by sigma6 (here)
    same reason why they add chemicals to "hydrogen peroxide" to turn it into a poison, since they can't make it illegal...
    I wonder if it's against the law for them to make pure hydrogen peroxide with only filtered water? (besides the food grade which costs 10x as much...)

If a manufacturer ever figured that out... "suggested" it's purity on his label. he could take a larger percentage of market share I believe...
    I know I'd buy it by the carton...

another lie exposed, this has been a good week, I just pulled the lid off original turpentine and kerosene as effective anti-fungal agents... all good signs that the awakening to truth is coming...

would like more info on that bit about the difference between boric acid and borax, which is which?...
    I found this article regarding the difference in the make up of boric acid and borax.

http://www.differencebetween.com/dif...-and-vs-borax/

Difference Between Boric Acid and Borax
    Apr 30th, 2012 | By Dunee

Boric Acid vs Borax

Boron is the element with the symbol B. It is the 5th element in the periodic table with the electron configuration 1s2 2s2 2p1. Boron is a metalloid. The atomic mass of boron is 10.81. Naturally boron doesn’t exist by itself. Rather, it combines with oxygen to form boric acid, or it combines with other elements like sodium to make salts like borax. Boron is an essential micronutrient especially for plants, and it is needed for humans too.
    Boric Acid
    Boric acid, which is a compound containing boron, hydrogen, and oxygen, has the molecular formula of H3BO3. It is shown as B(OH)3too. It is also known as boracic acid, orthoboric acid, and hydrogen borate. This is a naturally occurring compound. Boric acid exists as solid crystals, which are white. It may exist as a white powder too. In the crystal, layers of B(OH)3 are held together by hydrogen bonds. They are odorless and tasteless. Boric acid is a weak acid, and it dissolves in water, but boric acid doesn’t dissociate in water and release protons as a Bronsted acid. Rather it interacts with water and forms the tetrahydroxyborate ion and acts as a Lewis acid. Melting point of boric acid is 170.9 °C, and the boiling point is 300 °C. Boric acid is naturally present in most foods. Usually fruits, vegetables, grains, and nuts have a high amount of boron. So boron, which is needed for animals, is coming from the diet. Boric acid is present naturally in the water and the soil too. So plants can also gain the required amount of boron through these sources. Boric acid is found in districts like Nevada, Lipari Islands where volcanic activity is present. It is also found in minerals like borax, boracites and colemanite. Boric acid can be prepared by borax, and it was first prepared by Wilhelm Homberg. Boric acid is used as an antiseptic in medicine to treat minor burns, cuts, acne etc. It is a well-known insecticide to control termites, fleas, cockroaches, and many other insects. Boric acid is also used as a flame retardant, neutron absorber or as a precursor to produce other chemical compounds.
    Borax
    Borax is a mineral which is a sodium salt of a boron containing compound. It has the formula of Na2B4O7.10H2O. It is also known as sodium tetraborate, disodium tetraborate or sodium borate. The mineral is a solid, soft crystal. Though the formula shows ten water molecules, there can be crystals accompanied with varying number of water molecules. The term “borax” is used to refer all these compounds. Although it is a colorless crystal, sometimes it may have brown, yellow, or green colors. Borax easily dissolves in water. It is used widely for a variety of uses. For example, it is used in detergent, cosmetics, and as a fire retardant, anti-fungal compound etc. It is also used to make buffer solution in biochemistry.

What is the difference between Boric Acid and Borax?
    • Borax is the sodium salt of boric acid.
    • Borax is a mineral containing water molecules whereas boric acid is not a mineral.
    • Boric acid can be prepared by borax.

Read more: http://www.differencebetween.com/dif...#ixzz2gWrxaeVd

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Anchor (10th August 2019), Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Bubu (2nd October 2013), Constance (6th August 2019), Hervé (4th August 2019), Kryztian (5th July 2022), Phoenix1304 (29th January 2021), sunflower (4th August 2019), toppy (5th July 2019), wolf_rt (2nd October 2013), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

15. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member Positive Vibe Merchant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 times in 546 posts

I have still found borax om shelves down here in Melbourne... Will keep my eyes on it. thanks all
    I am the underdog, I am one of many faces,
    In a room full of people, I wouldn't change any places

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Positive Vibe Merchant For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Kryztian (5th July 2022), toppy (5th July 2019)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Here are some claims about borax and its health benefits. Further there are no media hype as to its health benefits. Could it be the real deal? Will love to hear your inputs.

https://www.nexusmagazine.com/articl...rax-conspiracy

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Constance (6th August 2019), ThePythonicCow (30th March 2017), toppy (5th July 2019), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Health Effects of Boron
    Due to their content of boron, borax and boric acid have basically the same health effects, with good antiseptic, antifungal, and antiviral properties but only mild antibacterial action. In plants as well as animals boron is essential for the integrity and function of cell walls, and the way signals are transmitted across membranes.
    Boron is distributed throughout the body with the highest concentration in the parathyroid glands, followed by bones and dental enamel. It is essential for healthy bone and joint function, regulating the absorption and metabolism of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus through its influence on the parathyroid glands. With this boron is for the parathyroids what iodine is for the thyroid.
    Boron deficiency causes the parathyroids to become overactive, releasing too much parathyroid hormone which raises the blood level of calcium by releasing calcium from bones and teeth. This then leads to osteoarthritis and other forms of arthritis, osteoporosis and tooth decay. With advancing age high blood levels of calcium lead to calcification of soft tissues causing muscle contractions and stiffness; calcification of endocrine glands, especially the pineal gland and the ovaries; arteriosclerosis, kidney stones, and calcification of the kidneys ultimately leading to kidney failure. Boron deficiency combined with magnesium deficiency is especially damaging to the bones and teeth.
    Boron affects the metabolism of steroid hormones, and especially of sex hormones. It increases low testosterone levels in men and oestrogen levels in menopausal women. It also has a role in converting vitamin D to its active form, thus increasing calcium uptake and deposition into bone and teeth rather than causing soft tissue to calcify. Also other beneficial effects have been reported such as improvement of heart problems, vision, psoriasis, balance, memory and cognition.
    The German cancer researcher Dr Paul-Gerhard Seeger has shown that cancer commonly starts with the deterioration of cell membranes. As boron is essential for cell membranes and boron deficiency widespread, this may be an important cause for the initiation of tumour growth. Boron compounds have anti-tumour properties and are "potent anti-osteoporotic, anti-inflammatory, hypolipemic, anti-coagulant and anti-neoplastic agents" (1).

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Antagenet (10th August 2019), AriG (4th August 2019), Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Bob (30th March 2017), Constance (6th August 2019), Hervé (4th August 2019), Kryztian (1st July 2018), Lettherebelight (30th March 2017), meat suit (30th March 2017), Phoenix1304 (29th January 2021), suwesi (6th April 2017), ThePythonicCow (30th March 2017), toppy (5th July 2019), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Here are some claims about borax and its health benefits. Further there are no media hype as to its health benefits. Could it be the real deal? Will love to hear your inputs.

https://www.nexusmagazine.com/articl...rax-conspiracy
    Thanks for posting this excellent article of Walter Last's, about borax, an excellent source of boron. I linked to your post above from my thread on making healthy drinking water: How to "make" healthy water: filters, minerals and energy -- Post #38.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Bubu (31st March 2017), Kryztian (5th July 2022), toppy (5th July 2019), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Anchor (10th August 2019), Constance (4th August 2019), East Sun (6th September 2019), Hervé (4th August 2019), Hym (4th August 2019), Ivy23 (5th August 2019), Kryztian (5th July 2022), Nenuphar (4th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (31st August 2019), toppy (4th July 2020), Yoda (4th August 2019)

25. Link to Post #13
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 times in 268 posts

Boron status of my patients (n = 62)
    all German residents:

>100% 5
    >90% 2
    >80% 7
    >70% 5
    <=60 39

63% of my patients have boron levels below 60% (a level of 100% marks the middle of the range that should be reached by a healthy person).

So more than every second patient has a strong deficiency of boron.

Measured by mass spectroscopic trace element analyses in hair.
    Values below 60% cannot be differentiated, because they are to small (can mean any level between 10% and 60%).

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Olaf For This Post:

Anchor (10th August 2019), Arcturian108 (4th August 2019), Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Constance (4th August 2019), Forest Denizen (4th August 2019), Hym (4th August 2019), Ivy23 (5th August 2019), Kryztian (5th July 2022), spade (7th August 2019), sunflower (4th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (31st August 2019), toppy (4th July 2020), Valerie Villars (5th August 2019), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,263 times in 199 posts

Thank you for bumping this thread - I wasn't aware of it until today, and the subject matter is timely for me.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nenuphar For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Constance (4th August 2019), Forest Denizen (4th August 2019), Ivy23 (5th August 2019), sunflower (4th August 2019), Sunny-side-up (31st August 2019), toppy (4th July 2020)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,042 times in 911 posts

Quote Posted by Olaf (here)
    Boron status of my patients (n = 62)
    all German residents:

>100% 5
    >90% 2
    >80% 7
    >70% 5
    <=60 39

63% of my patients have boron levels below 60% (a level of 100% marks the middle of the range that should be reached by a healthy person).

So more than every second patient has a strong deficiency of boron.

Measured by mass spectroscopic trace element analyses in hair.
    Values below 60% cannot be differentiated, because they are to small (can mean any level between 10% and 60%).
    Olaf, What is your recommendation for the daily ingestion of borax for the average person?

Thanks, Hym

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th August 2019), Constance (4th August 2019), Forest Denizen (4th August 2019), Ivy23 (5th August 2019), toppy (4th July 2020), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,329 times in 930 posts

The article in Nexus Magazine is behind a paywall, and costs about a $1.50 when I searched for it about a year ago. I have been ingesting Borax in small amounts for about 10 years since reading that article, and it has definitely reversed my incipient osteoarthritis. I had no idea though, that it also reverses fluoride accumulation in the body. So that is a big bonus!

In rereading the article recently I saw that a "Mother bottle" of about a liter should have a heaping teaspoon of Borax in it, and then take a teaspoon of that water daily to start the process, and adjust to your personal needs.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

Constance (4th August 2019), graciousb (5th August 2019), Phoenix1304 (29th January 2021), toppy (4th July 2020), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

33. Link to Post #17
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,027 times in 268 posts

Quote Posted by Hym (here)
    Olaf, What is your recommendation for the daily ingestion of borax for the average person?
    That is one of my personal research projects.
    What I can tell so far is, that 3 patients acchieved almost no improvement in boron levels with an intake auf 3 mg per day. 0...1% improvement per month.

I have never used borax, because it is banned in the EU.

Currently I work with 12 mg per day (natures way boron complex), but I have no control measurements with that.
    Many of my patients have no money or even less... so they can make a trace element analysis only once.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Olaf For This Post:

Constance (5th August 2019), toppy (4th July 2020), XelNaga (28th January 2021)

35. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Why not just take a boron supplement versus ingesting laundry detergent?

https://www.amazon.com/Trace-Mineral...SIN=B001ECXJ5Q
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Constance (6th August 2019), toppy (4th July 2020)

37. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member Arcturian108's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,329 times in 930 posts

I read recently that the boron supplement is much less effective than taking the laundry detergent (Borax).

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Arcturian108 For This Post:

graciousb (5th August 2019), toppy (4th July 2020)

39. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

Quote Posted by Arcturian108 (here)
    I read recently that the boron supplement is much less effective than taking the laundry detergent (Borax).
    Are you effing kidding me? What in the name of all that is holy has happened to this supposed thinking person’s forum that I am actually reading this absolute nonsense?! Anyone who injests cleaning grade borax is an absolute moron. Hands down! Wake up people, you’re being played!

A somewhat related example for anyone out there with a semblance of grey matter still in tact:
    https://duckduckgo.com/?q=the+tide+p...ai=h7J5hmuQsKw
    “The World is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don’t do anything about it.”
    Albert Einstein

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

bennycog (5th August 2019), petra (12th August 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 8 LastLast