+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NASA's upcoming global announcement: Another marketing plot or something serious?

1. Link to Post #21
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,691 posts

Default Re: NASA's upcoming global announcement: Another marketing plot or something serious?

This is from the Above Top Secret Forum - make of it what you will (Other links also make mention that there was to be an intended/planned blackout on the original 13 November Date) - KE

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:38 PM

So this is the story... This site was sent to Alex Jones anonymously by an alleged Nasa Employee yesterday Oct 1st (Day One of Gov Shutdown) who was frustrated by the gov shutdown. The website is supposebly unreleased and isn't supposed to be released to the public yet due to the gov shutdown. The site is counting down to Novermber 13th and a HUGE earth shaking announcement is expected to occur on that date by NASA.

So, What is the big announcement? Is it alien life?!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread974237/pg1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    According to rememberthe13th.com with alleged NASA logo :

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread974596/pg1

"The Biggest Discovery That will shake the earth, It will never be the same again." So whats that all about? NASA has made a historic discovery that will shake the entire planet.

This announcement will be released to the media on November 13th, 2013. It will be a day to remember and One for the history books. Spread the word to your family & friends and sign up to stay updated!

But after digging more, we come to conclusion that www.rememberthe13th.com website is a honey trap for email hacking.

Source : www.ufo-blogger.com...

RememberThe13th.com Whois Record

Registration Service Provided By: Namecheap.com
    Visit: namecheap.com...
    Registered through: eNom, Inc.

Domain name: rememberthe13th.com

Registrant Contact:
    WhoisGuard, Inc.
    WhoisGuard Protected ()

Fax:
    P.O. Box 0823-03411
    Panama, Panama NA
    PA

rememberthe13th.com is host on craftinghost shared server (192.111.149.82) which is also hosting various adult sites and questionable financial brokerage firms as well.
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 4th October 2013 at 13:43.

2. Link to Post #22
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,430 times in 818 posts

Default Re: NASA's upcoming global announcement: Another marketing plot or something serious?

Looks like a joke to me but you can't check it. NASA's website is down because of the "shutdown". I guess we are supposed to believe we buy for internet by the month. What a ****ing joke my country has become.

3. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,763 times in 394 posts

Be careful when wandering in the woods... The wolf may approach you... And if you are approached by a solitary wolf... It is not a wolf at all!

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DarMar For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (4th October 2013), Atlas (4th October 2013), bennycog (4th October 2013), DeDukshyn (5th October 2013), Freed Fox (4th October 2013), Nat_Lee (5th October 2013), Neal (4th October 2013), RMorgan (4th October 2013), Wind (4th October 2013)

5. Link to Post #24
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,087 times in 3,536 posts

Quote Posted by DarMar (here)
    This is a joke

And they haz nice design http://themeforest.net/item/caelus-bootstrap-coming-soon-page/3456626%C5%BE
    I guess you nailed it brother.

Of course, NASA would never make a website using a stock template such as this.

Mods, you can add the "hoax" to the title, if you want...Or you can wait a couple of days to confirm what this is all about.

Raf.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Atlas (4th October 2013), Freed Fox (4th October 2013), Gardener (5th October 2013), Neal (4th October 2013), Nick Matkin (4th October 2013), Operator (4th October 2013)

7. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,707 times in 3,534 posts

I think that China, Russia, Korea, Japan, Germany, Sweden and others that see the 2 suns, and know about the incoming solar system, viewing the crop circles that warned they did not like deceit, have decided their populations will begin being told, whether American's silly media will tell them or not. Whatever is about to happen, can no longer be hidden from Americans in the southern regions as the planet shifts ne and slightly horizontal as the magnetic field switch around.

I'll be there with bells on, and it makes me think that ptw who own the public media channel venues, wanted this shutdown, to keep the announcement from happening. THANK GOD FOR PBS.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

fifi (4th October 2013), RMorgan (4th October 2013)

9. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,855 posts

Quote Posted by Cognitive Dissident (here)
    NASA = Never A Straight Answer

Don't hold your breath my friend.
    Who said NASA is going to announce something ?

It's a privately owned website and THEY will announce something.
    They only refer to a NASA discovery.

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    1 day 9 hours and something - the countdown to Oct 6th seems to be working to Moscow time??
    It says 1 day, 14 hours and 10 minutes for me ... which is exactly midnight from 5th to 6th october.
    That would be USA East Coast time ...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

RMorgan (4th October 2013), Snookie (4th October 2013)

11. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,763 times in 394 posts

Yeah, but the best part is that we cannot never be 100% shure. Damn what information bombing did to us

but considering domain info and templates and hosting in panama it is prolly fake. Just stumbled on this video too.

Be careful when wandering in the woods... The wolf may approach you... And if you are approached by a solitary wolf... It is not a wolf at all!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarMar For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (4th October 2013), RMorgan (4th October 2013), Snookie (4th October 2013)

13. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,707 times in 3,534 posts

Do you think perhaps a virus will come through the site, to mess up the pc's?

It needs to be quarantined, until the date maybe? I don't like feeling this may be something bad, but...there's always the chance as the next few weeks prove whether Cayce, Shipton, Nostradamus, Hopi is true. Something as big as a dwarf star sun surrounded by 7 planets that they've known about since 1983, can't be easy to hide when it's a truth, fact incoming. There really are lots of fellows in the loop that want to warn us, which is why I keep an open mind until it's debunked.

Hmm...I wonder if MUFON is also aware of this?
    Last edited by Lifebringer; 4th October 2013 at 13:59. Reason: misspelling

14. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,855 posts

Quote Posted by KiwiElf (here)
    This is from the Above Top Secret Forum - make of it what you will (Other links also make mention that there was to be an intended/planned blackout on the original 13 November Date) - KE

posted on Oct, 2 2013 @ 12:38 PM

So this is the story... This site was sent to Alex Jones anonymously by an alleged Nasa Employee yesterday Oct 1st (Day One of Gov Shutdown) who was frustrated by the gov shutdown. The website is supposebly unreleased and isn't supposed to be released to the public yet due to the gov shutdown. The site is counting down to Novermber 13th and a HUGE earth shaking announcement is expected to occur on that date by NASA.

So, What is the big announcement? Is it alien life?!

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread974237/pg1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    According to rememberthe13th.com with alleged NASA logo :

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread974596/pg1

"The Biggest Discovery That will shake the earth, It will never be the same again." So whats that all about? NASA has made a historic discovery that will shake the entire planet.

This announcement will be released to the media on November 13th, 2013. It will be a day to remember and One for the history books. Spread the word to your family & friends and sign up to stay updated!

But after digging more, we come to conclusion that www.rememberthe13th.com website is a honey trap for email hacking.

Source : www.ufo-blogger.com...

RememberThe13th.com Whois Record

Registration Service Provided By: Namecheap.com
    Visit: namecheap.com...
    Registered through: eNom, Inc.

Domain name: rememberthe13th.com

Registrant Contact:
    WhoisGuard, Inc.
    WhoisGuard Protected ()

Fax:
    P.O. Box 0823-03411
    Panama, Panama NA
    PA

rememberthe13th.com is host on craftinghost shared server (192.111.149.82) which is also hosting various adult sites and questionable financial brokerage firms as well.
    I did lookup this info too ... the domain was created on October 1st.
    Wasn't this the date that the surprise bank holiday ended there?

Perhaps there is a connection there.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Atlas (4th October 2013), RMorgan (4th October 2013)

16. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,410 times in 4,648 posts

Quote Posted by Operator (here)
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    1 day 9 hours and something - the countdown to Oct 6th seems to be working to Moscow time??
    It says 1 day, 14 hours and 10 minutes for me ... which is exactly midnight from 5th to 6th october.
    That would be USA East Coast time ...
    Must be programmed to one's local time - got mine slightly wrong though

17. Link to Post #31
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,288 times in 6,947 posts

Quote Posted by 778 neighbour of some guy (here)
    Quote Posted by bennycog (here)
    somebody could be playing pranks now that you cannot actually access the NASA website, because of the shutdown.

this is all you get if you attempt to enter a NASA site:
    http://notice.usa.gov/

I say it is big news because people will get away with saying anything they want right now.. And that is troubling..
    Be more wary than ever guys.
    Uhuh, a good opportunity to grab tighter control on the internet, never let a good crisis go to waste is what they say I believe.
    Some support for this theory ... It looks doubtful that the page has anything to do with NASA ...

http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2013/10/h...Blogger.Com%29
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

bennycog (5th October 2013), RMorgan (4th October 2013)

19. Link to Post #32
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,127 times in 3,214 posts

This is not an official NASA site. Being a government agency, NASA has to follow certain rules about websites, and this one has a few key indicators it’s not legit:
    • Official NASA sites are all part of the nasa.gov network, and this one isn’t.
    • WHOIS reports it’s registered through Panama. Hello. [UPDATE (Oct. 4 at 18:00 UTC): The actual ownership of the site is hidden using an anonymizing service, and it's that service that reports the site is in Panama. But NASA would never use a service like this, so the argument stands.]
    • Official NASA sites don’t use the “.com” top-level domain.
    • All NASA sites are inaccessible right now due to the government shutdown.
    Any one of those is enough to show this ain’t NASA.

Also, NASA isn’t coy like this. Understated, maybe, but not coy. If they had a big announcement, they would send out a press release first. It would go to journalists and others signed up for their news service. That's their usual modus operandi, which they’ve always done when they’ve had major news.

Also—and this is just my opinion— if it were an official NASA announcement, the grammar would be a touch better. “So whats [sic] that all about?”, “It will be a day to remember and One [sic] for the history books,” and so on.

slate.com/remember_the_13th_viral_marketing_silliness

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlas For This Post:

bennycog (5th October 2013), fifi (4th October 2013), RMorgan (4th October 2013)

21. Link to Post #33
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

TOTAL HOAX - clicking on the button takes you here to some dork's (Purple Ninja) video... eeeee I wonder if the bad karma he gets will be worth it??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ojkW_t7mo
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 5th October 2013 at 14:28.

22. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,278 times in 605 posts

sooooooooooo funny !
    Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaa !
    LOOK at the big discovery that will change the world !!!!

We are one !

23. Link to Post #35
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hmmmm I wonder if he realises he can be prosecuted for his childish little stunt? For starters, misuse of a govt trademark/logo & misrepresentation are pretty serious offenses. (That and I doubt he'd even make it through the auditions on American idol - check out his Likes vs Dislikes at YouTube). I have a bit of advice for him: DON'T GIVE UP YOUR DAY JOB, & GET A LIFE!
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 6th October 2013 at 07:01.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2