+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 8 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Exceptional psychic abilities in exceptional people

1. Link to Post #141
    United States Avalon Member LahTera's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Exceptional psychic abilities in exceptional people

Quote Posted by Dorjezigzag (here)
    When I first came on Avalon my incentive was that i was going to share many of my stories, I have dropped a few here and there but have held most back, mainly because it just does not feel right, it is not the right time .
    I know that feeling! I've only shared a couple things so far ... I'm here today because I was thinking of sharing another, but then I saw this post and here I am. lol

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Caren (11th October 2013), Curt (10th October 2013), kintun (11th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), Swanette (11th October 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (11th October 2013)

3. Link to Post #142
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CdnSirian (here)
    Quote Posted by Paula (here)
    Why do I share personal phenomena?

Often I stop and ask myself why am I posting what I cannot prove to anyone? What’s my intention? Is it for notoriety or perceived specialness? Or for the times, I’ve experienced during intense sad events, do I share for pity?

My head echoes with, “Wrong reason to share.” My heart echoes back, “No it’s not.”

I’ve lost count of how many post I’ve deleted because I question my intention. In that moment, it feels like an opportunity to say, “Hey, we all do this stuff!” Then, I feel vulnerable and delete.

More and more I feel it’s important for everyone to know these are ordinary tools that we’ve only forgotten. It’s time to awaken to them. And those of us that have bits and piece, now it’s the time to come forward. It helps to trigger recall in others.

Each has the freedom of choice to accept or reject what’s true for themselves. I’d say keep an open mind. It doesn’t matter if I’m believed or not. I'll continue to live the way we are meant to live. Mine are small in comparison to the greats. But they continue to reveal because I know them to be real. I know it IS the way we are. It's time to rev up the engines.

Hearts,
    Paula
    We are Sisters Of The Deleted Posts! =)
    Ha ha! I just deleted one myself. lol

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

CdnSirian (11th October 2013), Gardener (13th October 2013), RunningDeer (10th October 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (11th October 2013)

5. Link to Post #143
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spartacus (here)
    Robert Monroe (pictured below) is certainly someone who I would describe as an exceptional person with exceptional abilities.

Here’s a very thought provoking passage from his final book ‘Ultimate Journey” preceded by three relevant definitions of Monroe’s own terms in the book’s glossary:

Hologram These are commonly products of intersecting light rays which form a visible image in an empty area. The theory put forth herein is that (M) Field energy may be performing the same process in a far more sophisticated manner to create time-space and our Earth Life System.”

(M) Field Nonphysical energy field that permeates time-space including our Earth Life System, but is not a part of current human scientific knowledge or study.”

ROTE Acronym for Related Organized Thought Energy, transmitted from one mind to another. A mental book or recording, complete with emotional and sensory patterns.”

“Throughout human history, there have been those who have possessed degrees of control of their (M) Field thought radiation. In some cases this was a product of synthesis by the personality cluster selected for that particular life experience. In others, the process was developed in the individual by an accumulation of residual thought radiation and translated into a working system. By control is meant the willful selection or rejection of incoming thought radiation through manipulation of receptor phasing. The quality and amplitude of the thought radiation expressed by these individuals were directed by the human mind-consciousness to serve planned purposes. The most apparent of these individuals history records as political and religious leaders. The most successful have gone unnoticed owing to the deliberate lack of continuity in their activities. The latter have the means to couple other (M) Field bands with that of thought to produce a variety of experiences within the receptor, to alter matter both in structure and form, and to vary time-space energy fields.

Expressions of minor (M) Field control have abounded throughout recorded human history. They include medicine men, mind readers, witches, magicians, soothsayers, early kings and emperors, hypnotists, mediums, healers, psychokineticists, to mention only a few. Imitators without such control have been rife in every era.

The power of beliefs and belief systems lies in various manipulations of (M) Field energy. Your beliefs become Knowns when you recognize or experience this manipulation.

There are very few ways and means to learn control of (M) Field radiation within contemporary civilizations. This is because of the intense and near-exclusive preoccupation with time-space energies, especially those of the Earth Life System. However, there is some evidence, collected from all over the world, of exploration in the (M) Field with productive results. It is likely that participants would agree that it is too little, too late, and this exploration is not likely to be a factor in the possible survival of human civilization in the current context.

What could possibly be more basic than the energy field we use, I reflected after studying the ROTE. It amazed me that I had gone all these years without troubling to perceive what had been unloaded on me. It was as if one had been swimming in an ocean for years without feeling the water! There was less curiosity in me than I had thought.

The idea that every thought I may have that is tinged with emotion radiates uncontrolled outward to others is heavy with implication. It is even more uncomfortable to be the recipient of such thoughts that others may emanate. This realization would support the effort of those who make the unrealistic attempt to spread love and light in a predator world, or those who hold that we are part of a Universal One.

This knowledge also fills in a part of our mind-conscious- ness that is usually omitted. Most human (M) Field energy is not love and light. To participate openly in this energy, in phase with all of it, could be devastating. Thus a form of shielding develops automatically as insulation. When and if leaks occur in the form of inadvertent phasing—emotional thinking—we become exposed to an incredible amount of discordant and dangerous radiation.

The ROTE covers other areas also. Charisma, "gut" feelings, instant likes and dislikes without surface justification, and especially the origin and power of belief systems that evoke emotion in large quantities—they all drop into place. Also dealt with is the increasing amount of unexplained phenomena in human action and behavior that cannot be measured by time-space measurement systems and therefore is automatically rejected by orthodox or conventional thinking. One clear example is the placebo effect, recognized time and again but rejected as a prime tool because it does not fit conventional standards. Perhaps this is a case of (M) Field activity.

What of those who apparently are well versed in (M) Field techniques but are very quiet about it? There are nearly six billion humans in physical existence in this time frame. By interpretation of the ROTE it would seem that at least six thousand, who will never be publicly known, possess what may be called incredible ability. This figure can be reduced even more, leaving us with six hundred humans in physical existence at this moment who are on the loose and unrecognized and who can do covertly anything imaginable—and much that we cannot imagine. I believe that I may have met one of them; but I do not know. Where are they? one wonders. What are they doing? How are they using their abilities? If they keep themselves so successfully hidden, there must be good reasons. What reasons? And why are they hanging around being human?”

A profound answer to that question is revealed later in the book.
    Wow ... I can so relate to this! You have no idea! Thanks for sharing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Spartacus (13th October 2013), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2013)

7. Link to Post #144
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    Wanted to share something, don't expect anyone to believe it, but it's the truth.

I had a very short dream last week that I didn't tell anyone here about because it was personal and embarrassing.

In the dream, I was standing with my husband looking at his face.
    He looked back at me and said "We are breaking up".

A week later he left.

Maybe this dream means, there are some dreams we should listen to when they come.
    Even the simple ones. I should have listened. But I kept on. and now it's all messed up.

I am actually in tears writing this. I don't know why I didn't share the dream on the forum before this happened.
    Now it looks like I am telling a convenient lie. But I did have the dream.

It's not exceptional or special but it was real.
    I'm so sorry to hear that! Seems your dream was more forthcoming with what was actually going to happen. My dreams are more like guessing games. Regardless, I can only think that you needed to prepare yourself for what was to come, which is my only explanation for why you had the dream. Stay strong! Sending positive vibes your way.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Curt (10th October 2013), Flowerpunkchip (11th October 2013), kintun (11th October 2013), Sunny-side-up (11th October 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (11th October 2013)

9. Link to Post #145
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Tesla_WTC_Solution;741049]
    4th October 2013 18:56

p.s. have you ever had strange feelings before a riot or other significant disturbance? for example, being obsessed with the astor place riot the day before the port said football riot? lol
    Quote Egypt: 51 killed as clashes erupt, security forces crack down on protests
    From Ian Lee. Reza Sayah and Sarah Sirgany, CNN
    October 7, 2013 -- Updated 0637 GMT (1437 HKT)
    Now, this is a coincidence -- this latest thing in Egypt.

But this next thing, I wanted to show you, I don't know whether it's a coincidence.

this is a picture of the astor place riot. I could not stop thinking about it the night the port said football riot occurred. i even made a post about the english disease. which is known as football hooliganism in our culture. the closest thing in our history was this scuffle in new york city over Macbeth and classism. the people shouted "who will rule this city, the british or the americans".

these next two are pictures from the port said football riot.

compare the deaths then to the ones going on now:
    Quote FEVER PITCH: 74 dead in violent soccer riots as fans rampage
    AP
    February 02, 2012 2:06PM
    Quote Egypt: 51 killed as clashes erupt, security forces crack down on protests
    From Ian Lee. Reza Sayah and Sarah Sirgany, CNN
    October 7, 2013 -- Updated 0637 GMT (1437 HKT)
    Not exactly psychic, no, but still very disturbing and emotional.
    Let's hope the death toll does not keep rising.

Egypt was a lovely place in the time of Rudyard Kipling.
    And he said something like this:

"THEY WILL COME BACK, COME BACK; AS LONG AS THE RED EARTH ROLLS.
    GOD NEVER WASTED A TREE NOR A LEAF; WHY WOULD HE SQUANDER SOULS?"
    Have you ever heard of the Global Consciousness Project?

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/homepage4.html

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (11th October 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (11th October 2013)

11. Link to Post #146
    Thanks

Hey Carmody, here is a hilarious coincidence (it was lollerific to me):

a small scary spider was rappelling down my bathroom mirror this morning.
    I said "get back up there you are not supposed to be in here", expected him or her to keep descending toward the sink and bother me even more.

the damn spider walked back up its thread to the top of the mirror.

it was probably my coffee breath that scared him away, but LOL anyway, that was funny stuff.
    Spiders are really smart btw, maybe he knew he was threatened.
    Quite possible. When I was a little girl living in the woods, my grandma told me to never walk the path to the woodshed alone. I was only 4, and there were bears, badgers and wolverines out in those woods. Well, I was a curious tot and one day, I found myself walking down that path to the woodshed. (Grandma and Grandpa had some neat old things stored in that shed!)

Sure enough, there on the path, I came upon a black bear cub. He was so cute! And then came mama. I watched in amazement and awe as she stood up on her hind legs and looked down at me. I wasn't scared -- I was too ignorant to be scared. lol But I'll never forget the look in mama's eyes. Her eyes said, "Oh, it's just a silly human child." And she got back down on all fours and guided her cub away.

Now, if I had been afraid, I think I would have been attacked. Animals can sense fear emanating from other creatures. I believe this mama bear could sense my awe and curiousity and realized I was no threat. Perhaps your spider actually DID sense your intentions. Just like I believe many humans can also sense such things. It's my thought that this "empathy" may be a stepping stone to more psychic abilities, like telepathy.

One thing I've noticed: Emotion seems to drive such things, even precognitive abilities.

Just my 2 cents.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Christine (12th October 2013), kintun (11th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), Swanette (11th October 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (11th October 2013), william r sanford72 (11th October 2013), Wind (10th October 2013)

13. Link to Post #147
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)
    Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)

ok, fair enough.

but I still can't let you off the hook here, my friend. please excuse my monkey nagging, but I must know (in spite of all you have written above)...why then did you cause the people to sit at the concert? why even make the claim to begin with? see what i'm saying? why do it then but not now???

and if there is indeed a copy of that vid floating around, i'd love to see it.
    I've spoken on the subject directly and the circumstances, directly, on this forum, in some posts..somewhere.

But.. no names, no places, no dates, no locations, nothing. I even explained exactly how it was done. Rahkyt asked me about it and I explained the nuances of this particular form and method of projection and unfolding of effects. It was a complex act of knowing what can be done, what to do, and how to do it.

Showing people that mass mind manipulation can be done, even in the midst of extreme emotionalism (which is directing mind/body outcome in that moment) that is aimed elsewhere, is probably not the best thing to be illustrating.

in "some posts"? "somewhere"? boy you're slippery! ok, so let me get this straight: showing people that mass manipulation can be done is probably not the best thing to be illustrating...yet you claim to have already done it at least once, claim to have access to a video of it, claim it is a pretty easy thing to do...buuuut will not demonstrate it here again and will not reveal this mystery video because...well...*why* again?

see, this is where you lose me. I am not trying to be a pest or a debunker - truly - but I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight if I didn't ask these questions. I am not calling your integrity into question or calling you a fraud. nothing of the sort. i'm just a curious chap who would like to see a little follow-thru is all. I feel it is a perfectly reasonable stance, and yet I can't help but feel like the bad guy on these types of threads. a true enigma...

I don't know if it's against Avalon rules, but i'd like to personally (and I'd hope others would join in) pledge $50 to anyone who can prove an ability to affect objective reality in an incontrovertible way. I do like to joke around here quite a bit, but i'm deadly serious. i'm guessing we could put a nice pot of cash together. what say you, Avalon. who's in?

we often talk here of the general public or the average citizen as an individual who has their head in the sand, sometimes willingly, to avoid a reality they can't or won't deal with. so what do they do? they accept the current paradigm...or invent their own reality, their own illusions. but don't we do that here as well? are we any different? haven't we invented a sort of cozy, quasi-'lord of the rings' environment where we all feel safe to express ourselves, talk current events, and, if not make stuff up to make ourselves feel better or more important, then at least exaggerate a little? we've created a really fun reality where there are virtually no impossibilities...except when it comes to exploring those impossibilities practically, no one is willing to step up. it's almost like talking about sex day in and day out, but not getting any action. not only not getting any action, but also getting muddy, professorial reasons why that don't seem to add up in any way, shape or form. it's a tease, and I've got a throbbing set of spiritual blue-balls that are seeking a little satisfaction...if you'll excuse the metaphor.

so that's where i'm at. no disrespect to anybody at all - i'm not antagonizing. I extend my good will to each and every member here. this sort of stuff just really gets in my craw, is all.
    I wish I could pick the time, place and make things happen, but for me, it's usually a personal experience and one that is happening for some reason unknown to me. Scientifically, I'd love to be able to find all the variables so it could be replicated. Spiritually, I can only believe that it happens for some higher reason.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Christine (12th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (11th October 2013)

15. Link to Post #148
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Selene (here)
    Chinaski, I want to thank you for your very sincere and eloquent questions, and I confess I am among those who have been struggling with an adequate way to assist you here. I know that you speak for many readers wanting to have their doubts resolved and to learn more about their own selves.

It does seem like a few videos should solve your problem, doesn’t it?

But we already know what happens when a YouTube of anything shows up online, don’t we?

“Fake…fake…CGI…charlatan….sh*t…” and all the rest, no matter what the substance of the issue in question. No one who wants to disbelieve is ever disappointed.

In fact, there are already dozens of videos and demonstrations on film of anomalous activities which are authentic. But even after decades of scholarly and accredited research, going back to Prof. J.B. Rhine at Duke University in the 1930’s and since – and evidence that the military etc use psychic skills for practical purposes - people still don’t get it. They still want some kind of “proof”.

That is, they want proof as it applies to them, personally. And that only comes from personal experience.

And that’s fair enough. You can’t be expected to truly understand something at the level of experience necessary here without the personal experience yourself. That’s just how it is.

Trying to “explain” or teach psychic reality by reading or watching a vid is like trying to explain the taste of, say, chocolate or cheese by handing you a cookbook and saying: It’s all right here, read it and you’ll understand. No, you won’t. All the cookbooks in the world are nothing compared to tasting a single mouthful of the chocolate or cheese, the real experience. And then you’ll know – you won’t need the cookbook any more.

Do you remember when you first learned how babies were made – and you thought: Eeeeew. Yuck? And then… adolescence hit. And so did romance. And experience made it all different, didn’t it?

Experience is the great teacher. It’s a slow route, but the only effective one: meditation, contemplation, yoga, self awareness, mindfulness, conscious living, the presence of the spirit. It’s called by many names; it’s all the same idea. Practice, practice, practice in whatever form suits you. And the meaningful answers to your questions will reveal themselves there.

I wish I had a better answer for you here, but I really don’t. I greatly appreciate your sincerity in asking, though.

All my best regards,

Selene
    Ah, yes, J.B. Rhine! Read a lot about him as a kid trying to figure out what was happening to me. And Duke University, Edgar Cayce, Travis Walton ... lots more! And mind you, back in those days, videos meant more as there was no such thing as Photo Shop!

Thanks for the memories.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Selene (11th October 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (11th October 2013)

17. Link to Post #149
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paula (here)
    Quote Posted by w1ndmill (here)
    Perhaps I'm answering my own question and should get a copy of Paul Dong's book and put it under my pillow . . . . ?
    Talk about book under pillow, w1ndmill, this one excites me for many reasons. See why. For quick link, click here @ 24:27.

The New Humans by Mary Rodwell

Published on Dec 17, 2012

Mary Rodwell presented testimony from over 1600 cases she has collated that indicates how advanced extraterrestrial intelligences are preparing the human psyche to accept their presence on our planet. Evidence of complex extraterrestrial programs, which will enable us to interact with and communicate with them, as well as understand our place in the cosmos.

This involves downloads of data such as our true genetic origins, using our psi skills with advanced technology, manipulation of matter, astrophysics and healing. Coupled with genetic, and spiritual programs for awakening of human consciousness, to assist humanity to evolve into a fully functional multidimensional human, Homo Noetics. The New Humans.

Mary Rodwell presented "The New Humans" at the 2nd Annual British Exopolitics Expo on Sunday 8th August, 2010 at the University of Leeds.
    I've had dreams like this. Have considered writing a story along these lines -- just for fun and to let my imagination run free.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

RunningDeer (10th October 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (11th October 2013)

19. Link to Post #150
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by CurtisW (here)
    Quote Posted by heretogrow (here)
    Chinaski,
    ....You see, my friend , you don't believe. Therefore you have shut that opportunity down for yourself to experience. I understand it may be out of your comfort zone to believe........ To a sensitive person, the constant cries for proof can even feel like a psychic attack after a while. It is a waste of good energy, I honestly believe....... Sorry for being hard on you buddy, but with this stance you are hurting yourself as well as possibly others, in my humble opinion.
    Subjecting these claims to genuine, honest inquiry shouldn't be a problem. Questioning, in a balanced and respectful way, should be a part of what we're all doing here.

Far from hurting, either himself, or anyone here with genuine ability, he's actually helping to shed light on something many of us are interested in.

The questions may even provoke first-hand experiencers to look at their own experiences in new ways- to go deeper into their understanding.

And you're right. There's no substitute for direct personal experience. But some people, including myself, are helped by listening to the stories of others, then drilling deeper by asking questions.

For some, it's a way of orienting oneself in the maze before starting out.
    One has to understand it on the deepest levels, right through to the conscious levels. Otherwise, it will not work.

read Lynn McTaggart's 'The field'. she explains that the gift is inherent in everyone and everything. Ie, the representation and flow of reality, in it's component parts, the whole and the organized bits of it, that we might call humans, or their energy and integration with the whole energy pattern.

She explains how this exact problem came up in science, where one team of 'believers' or more correctly 'knowers' ('believers' is a derisive term used by those outside of the knowledge of it) did some very rigorous psychic experimentation. The experiments came out to a state of near perfection in proofing psychic capacity/phenomena.

Some 'non believers' tried the same test, done the same way., they found that the test did not come out positive, it came out negative.

Then, one of the scientists got an idea,and made sure to purposely gather non believers, or debunker type scientists into groups of testers and those who understand it, or believe in it, they were also grouped into testers. ie, multiple groups of each type. Then they added in an extra twist. An Ambivalent (meh!) group.

Results of this meta test regimen, where all groups did the SAME tests that they all agreed on as being 100% conclusive to their limit to discern and argue a given point:

The various groups of debunkers, they received negative results, meaning, no psychic sensitivity of any kind, as a proven point in fact.

The various groups of believers, they received positive results, meaning they found perfect psychic sensitivity as proven point in fact.

The various groups of 'meh', ambivalent (don't care one way or another), they received ambivalent, or inconclusive results.

The result of the meta test seems to be clearly showing that the PEOPLE are the key operating point here. That it is indeed a consensus reality which all have an effect upon and within. You are what you project yourself to be.

These are not ambiguous results.

These are not insignificant results.

Now.... Curtis and mostly Chinaski, I do believe that we have had this exact conversation Before.

Now, where is your memory of those moments... and why are we going down this exact same road again, when this has all been covered before???????

Do you suffer from a mental block on this subject? the data seems to indicate so. one you cannot get by, as we have covered this subject before?

I have told you clearly where to go and get the data and how to investigate this subject for yourself.

Deal with it, look at it, find it, find the block in yourself. It's not me guys........ it's YOU.

The science ---is clear.

The phenomena (or anything like it or of it's type)...and the reality of the universe that underlies it... has been abundantly proven thousands of times. It does indeed clearly illustrate that it is the PEOPLE that are the problem and the solution, that it lies in the hands of the reality formation aspects of the INDIVIDUAL, in a space of consensus reality.

As for the given posts, someone DID find them and we DID have a pm or two on the subject and we shared some bits of conversation on the topic and the nuances of what was done, how it was done, the methods, the why, etc. As I stated earlier, one does not simply throw that kind of data on the street, for everyone to play with. since you don't know how this works, or what it means, you're more than a bit in the dark on the ramifications.You have to truly go to the point of understanding it yourself, it cannot be externally forced, it's your own trip- not mine. it's not a cop out, it's a reality formation aspect.

The universe and reality formation expects the individual to get off their ass and get sh*t done, on their own. Ie, the universe cares not one flying fornication what you expect or feel, in any negative projections, no matter how soft they may be seen as. That... if you can't be bothered to integrate it into the self on the deepest levels and seek it on the deepest levels, then... you'll not get it. Ever.

It will remain a major suck to be you, until you turn it around inside of yourself. Until then, the universe could not give a good god damn what you do, but it won't be that, will it? (going clear and accepting it and turning the corner in the ego self)

Some deep part of yourself will have to 'give it up', and just let it go and find the way through the block that is inside. Until then...nothing. As that's the way it works, for all the right reasons.

Think it through. It's that way...for all the right reasons. Arguing the subject does not amount to a single fly covered pile of crap. It's meaningless. The problem is the projection of self, as reality, into the energies that form reality.

And that's about all she wrote.
    Last edited by Carmody; 11th October 2013 at 01:27.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

20. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

AuCo (11th October 2013), Calz (11th October 2013), Caren (11th October 2013), Chester (17th October 2013), Christine (12th October 2013), Flash (11th October 2013), greybeard (12th October 2013), heretogrow (11th October 2013), Hervé (11th October 2013), hohoemi (13th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), Mark (11th October 2013), meeradas (11th October 2013), panopticon (11th October 2013), Rantaak (11th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (11th October 2013), seko (11th October 2013), Selene (12th October 2013), Sierra (11th October 2013), Swan (11th October 2013), Swanette (11th October 2013), ulli (11th October 2013)

21. Link to Post #151
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

I think that one doesn't necessarily have to be an exceptional person to have psychic abilities, or spiritual experiences, which are even better.
    I've had both, but in my experience, I had to work for them.
    I had to clean up my act.
    Phasing out addictions, cleansing, sticking to a good diet and getting adequate exercise, finding the best possible environments and best people to hang out with, seeking out the best teachers, studying and practicing meditation, yoga, prayer, etc., and most of all, facing myself and reality as honestly as I possibly can.
    I still slip and slide a lot, but there's a central core that I've developed that's devoted to finding the most direct experience of truth, and to de-programming myself from cultural conditioning.
    Though I try not to be fanatical about it...
    And to keep a sense of humor...
    Sometimes I think the highest experiences can come about, paradoxically, from a simple willingness to fully experience and process the lowest points that I have no doubt karmically created for myself. no matter how much I would simply like to block them out or numb myself down.
    That's how we often come to appreciate and be grateful for the things that we ordinarily take for granted.
    Being in that attitude of gratefulness opens us up to our highest potential, and unblocks the limitations we put on ourselves, allowing for new experiences that provide growth potential to manifest.
    Last edited by onawah; 11th October 2013 at 04:36.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Calz (11th October 2013), Chester (17th October 2013), Christine (12th October 2013), Delight (11th October 2013), Dorjezigzag (11th October 2013), fifi (12th October 2013), heretogrow (11th October 2013), LahTera (11th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), Miller (11th October 2013), panopticon (11th October 2013), RunningDeer (11th October 2013), Selene (12th October 2013), Sierra (11th October 2013), ulli (11th October 2013), william r sanford72 (11th October 2013), Wind (12th October 2013)

23. Link to Post #152
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Everyone's path is different, everyone gets a different dose of how to deal with it and how to grow with it.

Or to walk away from it, whatever the case may be.

My prior post seems a bit harsh, and I might clean it up a bit. I have no nasty thoughts, or a furrowed brow/finger pointed at chinaski or Curtisw or anyone else who may not be getting this.

My mode of expression is not about being in a not caring state, but that the more inert energies involved are directed by beings of energy who protrude into this protruding space. Ie, the people and the energies that form this reality are from similar stock. The raw energies, are not of consciousness (as we recognize it), but the people are. Thus the energies do not care, one way or another. It is a flowing energy, that is responsive to manipulation, responsive to changes in flow.

Since we are made up of such 'dimensional protrusion matter forming energies' ourselves, we can also have a say in such flow. In the same way that a 'organized grouped pattern of dimensional protrusion' (me or you) may pick up a rock or object (dimensional protrusion that is organized in a way we call inert), an object's energies that are formed by geometric and vibrational baseline norms (atomic lattice), but 'inert' on the 'person' level. (person as a doorway, something far more organizationally complex)

It's a case of not wanting to engage the limits in people, limits that may form into rejection and mental blocking in the given self..combined with a need to self protect from those who may live/be that reaction/action 'set', in mental construction.

It's a case of trying to form a balance point of explaining the self, to those who probably do not have the mental patterns within themselves (yet) to understand where I'm coming from, what I'm trying to say.

How does one not live within crushing limits at the same time they do not engage the attack function that hides (at some level and condition) within all of us who may be incarnated?

It is similar to the case of the rich person who is second-third-fourth-fifth generation money, they feel like all they are and all they may be ....is threatened into death and a downward spiral.. if ...the average person in the street tries to claim their stolen and accumulated energies - back from the rich person. The rich person feels they must tear down the street level being who is simply trying to regain stolen ground, as the person in the street is dying from the unbalance and destitution that is caused partially (cumulatively) by the man who lives the life of elitist privilege. There is no realization in the person who is elitist that they live via death and killing, in their accumulation.

In a similar way, the person who has no experience in this subject area feels deeply threatened by the awakening of others, whether that 'credulity' aspect of disbelief and not understanding, is deserved or not.

Basically, those who do not understand this subject area of the thread's intent, they will reject, or dismiss, or whatnot.

BUT..if they go into attack mode, it can be nothing else but an aspect of their own self created parameters of being.

And, if those parameters of being create a logic and action path that interferes with my attempts to 'be' (by my own knowledge and experience are not just harmless but enlightening), then I will have to formulate a response that is appropriate to the thrust.

The subject area is guaranteed to create an impasse in some, a limit they may have in the self. A limit that will externalize, that they will engage others with... as a projection of self in order to gain a comfortable reflection that maintains the self's egoic parameters. Tilting at this particular windmill. It is entirely understandable and is part of the human condition.

To balance this exploration of being with all areas of potential in the group of humans who are incarnating at this time. To go forward, inch by inch, with as little damage as possible, but to still move forward.

To whit; to not spend the next six months explaining myself, again...

Basically, I respect everyone's personal level of not understanding this area of being but I will not allow that position to be projected upon me as a limiting factor. The end.
    Last edited by Carmody; 11th October 2013 at 16:21.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

24. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

alexandra (14th October 2013), amandapoet (16th October 2013), araucaria (11th October 2013), Calz (11th October 2013), Chester (17th October 2013), Christine (12th October 2013), Hervé (11th October 2013), hohoemi (13th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), Mark (12th October 2013), Miller (11th October 2013), nomadguy (12th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (11th October 2013), seko (11th October 2013), Selene (12th October 2013), Sierra (11th October 2013)

25. Link to Post #153
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

Carmody, we certainly have had this conversation before. and we may be having it 6 months from now! it's because you either outright avoid answering the questions I've asked, or you answer them in a very circuitous, convoluted way. to argue that this is somehow due to my lack of understanding is backwards and very obtuse. it's a classic way of wriggling out of your responsibility as the other half of this conversation.

and i'm not attacking you. this, I often find, is another way deflecting questions or genuine inquiries: playing the victim. where have I attacked you? I've asked you very reasonable questions, and in a very respectable way.

i'm not threatened by others awakening at all; I encourage it! as I said, I am *not* a debunker. I haven't accused anyone of credulousness; in fact, ive said over and over that I *do* believe people are having these experiences. but the ones you report stand out for obvious reasons, and ive asked you questions and taken you to task for it for equally obvious reasons.

I agree with you - the science is indeed clear. but if I want science i'll go read a book, or read long, ponderous articles on the net. in you I have someone I can speak to, in real time, and ask genuine questions of and hopefully get genuine answers back. because you've had some amazing experiences, not by chance, but ones you have claimed to have made occur on your own. look, it's exciting for me! you must understand: I've heard many, many people claim outrageous talents throughout my life...and basically every one of those claims has been empty. why is it then that when a genuinely curious individual asks an allegedly hyper-metaphysically talented individual for a demonstration of these talents, he is always condescended to ("you are not ready" " you are not spiritually mature" etc) or made out to be an "attacker" or a "debunker"?

and I want to clear something up: I am *not* a disbeliever. this is another strawman accusation. now, nor am I necessarily what you'd call a believer. my ass is sitting firmly on the fence, you see. asking me to believe some of the things you claim to have done without the slightest shred of evidence would require the religious fervor of a fundamentalist. and I am not a man of "faith". I do not consider a mindless belief in something, completely lacking in sound reason, a virtue. unless, of course, I have a reason to. and that's all i'm saying to you, my friend: give me a reason. give me something! anything! this has nothing to do with me and my ability or lack thereof, or of my spiritual journey, or of my beliefs or disbeliefs; I have made no claims of psychic or telekinetic ability -- you have, my friend...and i'd love to see it!

I am not regarding you with a furrowed brow either brother. look, as ive already said: I *like* reading your stuff! i'm glad you're around! this isn't a malevolent attack! I can't say that enough. stop making it one, ok!?! it's not an accurate assessment, and you know that.

p.s. heretogrow, I'm sorry ive upset you!!! please pm me if you have any questions or concerns, ok?
    Last edited by Mike; 11th October 2013 at 16:55.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Calz (11th October 2013), Curt (11th October 2013), jagman (12th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), Miller (11th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (11th October 2013), Strat (11th October 2013), Swan (11th October 2013), Wind (12th October 2013)

27. Link to Post #154
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

This is not really exceptional to most but kinda interesting for me. And this is my ego-self talking if it feels like I have some influence to the events.

We moved to a new place. The lawn was devoid of vegetation. Re-sod too expensive, had money to reseed (for 1 acre), no money for broken sprinkler system. Must time seeding with weather pattern. Missed first chance of 2 days-in-a-row Spring shower - dang! Would rain again next Monday. Seed down over the weekend, hoped for rain. And boy! Did it rain. It don't remember it ever rained so much in Spring. Someone said it rained everyday but 3 out of May this year. The farmers were way behind and had to switch from corn to soy. The weather loved me, I thought. The neighbor said I picked the right year to plant grass. I must have.

June 15, Would take the kids to Disney World. Checked weather forecast, 10-20% chance every other day for the whole week. Heh! not bad but couldn't be so sure so asked the nephew to come and use the 2 hose sprinklers if it would not rain 2 days in a row.

Tuesday, nephew called to know how to water the lawn. He said it hadn't rained for 2 days and might rain in a couple of days. What? no rain for 4 days? My grass would all die. My mind could almost see the dying grass in the summer heat and I imagined there would be rain and thunder and light all coming down like crazy. Well! Must get on with the fun at the parks with the kids.

The park was fun, but the wait for the popular rides were horrible. By noon, one said 110 minutes wait. Skipped. To another. 90 minutes wait. Well no choice. Got into the line. After about 1/2 hours I realized it was a big mistake. The kids were hungry and they started to look depressed. I wished all these people would just disperse so we could get on with the ride and then go get some lunch. Not even 5 minutes, people started to leave and they left fast. What the? Oh! the ride was declared down for repair. What the hec! Must eat anyway. We went to grasp some foods. Came back. Still 90 minutes wait but no people. We went in to check out anyway. The ride was on and hardly 10 or so riders. Yippee! We even went for second and third round. We decided to check the 110 minute wait ride earlier. Oh I wished it would just be like that. No wait was such a treat.

We came up to the ride. No line! Huh? Oh the ride was down the attendant said. As we turned to walk away. He said the ride is now back on. We were first in line. For real?

Thursday, the renter called if my insurance would cover her car that got crushed by the tree. What? And btw, the tree got part of the house too. What the? Yes we had a horrible storm, she said. Huh? Called my sister. There was so much rain, she said, the streets were like rivers.

Came back on Sunday. Fallen trees were everywhere. It was worse than the one tornado that fell on North Minneapolis a couple years earlier. It took the city of Minneapolis a whole month to remove them all. The neighbor said his basement got flooded for the first time in 10 years he was there. Whoa! did I imagine that, I thought! Quite a coincidence though

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to AuCo For This Post:

hohoemi (13th October 2013), LahTera (11th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (11th October 2013), Sierra (11th October 2013), Swan (11th October 2013), ulli (12th October 2013)

29. Link to Post #155
    United States Avalon Member Calz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,379 times in 10,490 posts

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)

One has to understand it on the deepest levels, right through to the conscious levels. Otherwise, it will not work.

read Lynn McTaggart's 'The field'. she explains that the gift is inherent in everyone and everything. Ie, the representation and flow of reality, in it's component parts, the whole and the organized bits of it, that we might call humans, or their energy and integration with the whole energy pattern.

She explains how this exact problem came up in science, where one team of 'believers' or more correctly 'knowers' ('believers' is a derisive term used by those outside of the knowledge of it) did some very rigorous psychic experimentation. The experiments came out to a state of near perfection in proofing psychic capacity/phenomena.

I was cleaning out my office and pitching many books.

I held off on one and it was left about two feet away in plain sight.

Bought a few years ago but never took the time to read.

Carmody ... won't ask for proof of sitting down 40 people or so ... but dammit ... you have convinced me (yet again).

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Calz For This Post:

amandapoet (16th October 2013), Christine (12th October 2013), Mark (12th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), onawah (11th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (11th October 2013), Sierra (11th October 2013), ulli (12th October 2013)

31. Link to Post #156
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

The following clip from a Bashar talk may have some relevance to Chinaski's question, in that Bashar says there are rules governing the use of psychic abilities.
    What one might gather from this premise is that a person with abilities, when asked to demonstrate them, may have to adhere to these rules so that a demonstration might not ensue, not because he doesn't have the ability, but because the situation is actually calling for a different response to the request.

There are many stories in various spiritual traditions about "masters" who, when asked to demonstrate their powers, simply refuse.
    Not because they cannot perform, for in other circumstances, their powers are very evident.
    Perhaps this is because what Carmody describes as "inert energies" are created in such a situation which would preclude such a demonstration, and/or possibly the refusal from the "master" is made on spiritual principle.
    Whereas, when energies are flowing, such demonstrations will just naturally occur and the observers will benefit from them.
    Whereas demonstrating upon demand might actually cause some harm, or the result could be a misunderstanding on the part of the observers of the nature and purpose of psychic abilities.
    A true demonstration of power is not the same thing as a magician's trick.
    The alchemy involved is much more complex.

Of course, the immediate argument that comes to mind is that to follow the course of least resistance would seem to indicate that a demonstration of powers would be the answer.
    But that doesn't take all the factors into account that can be present in such a scenario, which could include the time, the place, the personalities involved and other factors not easily recognized.
    In the case of asking a "master" such a question, traditionally, it would be considered a sign of disrespect and ignorance.
    If one was truly sincere in one's motives, then one would simply take the time and trouble to be in the masters' presence frequently enough so that one was present when a natural demonstration would occur in the flow of events.
    We have no such traditions here on Avalon, but the reasons for such traditions may be more universally applicable than would probably be obvious to an inexperienced initiate.

Last edited by onawah; 11th October 2013 at 17:44.
    Each breath a gift...

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

alexandra (14th October 2013), Calz (11th October 2013), Eram (11th October 2013), heretogrow (11th October 2013), hohoemi (13th October 2013), LahTera (11th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), RunningDeer (11th October 2013), Selene (12th October 2013), Sierra (11th October 2013), Wind (12th October 2013)

33. Link to Post #157
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Here and now.

The trouble with thanking posts is that some parts I agree with, or appreciate the insight, or the effort put forth, or in support of, or, or, or...
    The other part is that some of it, I'm not in agreement with. Sigh...

In the scheme of life...if that's one of the few problems I've got, then thank you all for that reminder.

With love,
    Paula

34. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

amandapoet (16th October 2013), Calz (11th October 2013), Curt (11th October 2013), greybeard (11th October 2013), heretogrow (11th October 2013), hohoemi (13th October 2013), LahTera (11th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), meeradas (11th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), onawah (11th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), Sierra (11th October 2013), Swan (11th October 2013), Wind (12th October 2013)

35. Link to Post #158
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

The challenge is that it is human nature to claim to be special---or to put others on a pedestal.
    Jesus gave a big hint---"Of myself I do nothing--It is the Father within"
    Ramesh Balsekar said that the big obstacle to spiritual progress is the thought that "I am the doer"

So one can truthfully say that "I am the leading expert on x" years of experience and probably hard work validates that statement.
    Psychic abilities are a gift as is healing energy---- ask any genuine healer and they will say that they cant heal every one and that the energy flows through them.
    Jesus "healed" many yet he did not claim to heal.

It would seem that when people claim they have special powers and abilities the power diminishes and eventually the "gift" leaves.
    After this the healer can become a conman after all they have a reputation to uphold.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

36. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

alexandra (14th October 2013), araucaria (11th October 2013), Calz (11th October 2013), Carmody (12th October 2013), CdnSirian (11th October 2013), Curt (11th October 2013), Delight (11th October 2013), Dorjezigzag (11th October 2013), heretogrow (11th October 2013), hohoemi (13th October 2013), meeradas (11th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (11th October 2013), Selene (12th October 2013), Sierra (11th October 2013), Wind (12th October 2013)

37. Link to Post #159
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

I just returned from a walk in the forest.

I asked Tree for strength.
    Tree said I already had it. I needed connection.
    So we connected.

The Trees were louder walking out than walking in.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 12th October 2013 at 00:15.

38. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Calz (11th October 2013), greybeard (11th October 2013), heretogrow (11th October 2013), hohoemi (13th October 2013), LahTera (12th October 2013), Limor Wolf (19th October 2013), meeradas (11th October 2013), Mike (11th October 2013), nomadguy (12th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), Selene (12th October 2013), Sierra (11th October 2013), ulli (11th October 2013), Wind (12th October 2013)

39. Link to Post #160
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    It would seem that when people claim they have special powers and abilities the power diminishes and eventually the "gift" leaves.
    After this the healer can become a conman after all they have a reputation to uphold.
    Chris
    For the best part, when a 70 pound woman needs to pick up the front of a truck, she will. That has been well documented...the incredible increase of strength. It is power.
    It is for the most part only able to show up when the need is present for it to happen. That need comes from intention. The intention seems intrinsically interconnected with love...the power of love.

When I resort to a con, it disconnects me with authentic self that can be connected to love. It pulls me off center and into false pretense. The system gets incoherent.

But even the most disconnected person can be in a crisis and suddenly the love of Universe impinges. Then the person will never forget that love, hopefully and seek the mystery of where she came from behind the veils of of our masks. Then that one will possibly realize...I can put down the mask?

Being a conman is what we can give up along with the need to produce proof that leads to cons out of desperation...
    Yes, I believe the desperation factor is at play when we have been untrue to self and we cannot allign with the miracles.
    It need an intervention! Where are the angels of mercy? All around waiting to be invited?

Desperation at the lowest point calls miracles in itself! Think of all the redemption myths. So even the worst place of alienation from the POWER has angels.
    And the conman is saved by the subtle miracle of feeling the Presence of not needing anything now. This is the miracle!

When the world of lies falls down around our head as it does when one goes into the madness of self deception, It's all for a good cause...the real time miracle of the power needing no proof..

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

heretogrow (11th October 2013), hohoemi (13th October 2013), Mike (12th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (11th October 2013), Selene (12th October 2013), Sierra (11th October 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 8 18 19 LastLast