+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 9 19 LastLast

Thread: Exceptional psychic abilities in exceptional people

1. Link to Post #161
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Sierra passed in April 2021.
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,462 times in 5,424 posts

Default Re: Exceptional psychic abilities in exceptional people

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)
    Carmody, we certainly have had this conversation before. and we may be having it 6 months from now! it's because you either outright avoid answering the questions I've asked, or you answer them in a very circuitous, convoluted way. to argue that this is somehow due to my lack of understanding is backwards and very obtuse. it's a classic way of wriggling out of your responsibility as the other half of this conversation.
    Oh how weird Chinaski... I thought he answered extremely bluntly, that a) if you are not there, then you are not there, b) one's mental state (open mind) is paramount, and c) Do No Harm is more important than satisfying curiousity.

If ... what I think is true, *is* true, then we will all very shortly be in the same boat as AuCo, going did I, didn't I, did I, didn't I??? And yes, you did AuCo. Congratulations on your lawn... and perhaps a little safety hedging around a future request lol...

Chinaski, I feel you can go two ways here, continue to doubt, question, and still be in doubt and questioning six months from now OR... accept for the sake of testing and then test...

A good experiment is to ask what you already know. Ask, "How would it be if I blah blah blah ... " and does your body sway forward in consent or does your body contract in dissent? I have found (for ME), it is through the physicality or the emotions that this information comes though, not the mind.

Jimini also has good advice as to inner attitude when doing something, with confidence, belief, and lightheartedly letting go after the request so it can execute, (to say that you are finished defining the request).

As well, if I seek to affect others, I make a practice of ALWAYS working through my HIGH self, asking my High Self to speak to the High Self of another, and I also ALWAYS ask my High Self to modify the request as needed, to Do No Harm to others. I hedge myself with those I consider my do_no_harm_buffers as my power sources to a request (And don't be shy about bringing in the big guns, Jesus, Buddha etc. whoever you trust, that is why they are here). By the time I am done, it is very clear I am not responsible for action taken, just that in some way, I considered, action was needed.

If you question why Carmody sat people down (Well why not? If you have 40 rows of people blocking everyone above, then if everyone sits down, everyone can see. So I see nothing wrong with the request in itself.), will you also question AuCo why did he do something that resulted in flooded basements, damaged houses and cars ... what was his motivation to do so? Perhaps there was no motivation, simply a casual thought or diligent thought. Perhaps in sharing an experience, the motivation of Avaloners is to show how to move the energy to flow. Perhaps we are beginners in this, because the time is now, to BE beginners, that Gaia NEEDS us now, to be co-creators.

Have ears to hear Chinaski. It is the strangest things in my case, that something inside me has latched onto, as Eureka!!!

I truly think, that one's state of mind, is the first gate that either holds closed or opens all else.

I love you Chinaski, OK, that is enough time for me to spend on this, see you around dear heart.

Love, Sierra

P.S. Chinaski, I've been doing useless crap uselessly on the GMO stuff, and felt really guilty. I FINALLY figured out I don't do so good working with earth, so I switched to water to soften, cleanse, soothe, heal the poor GMO seeds, and then I ask them to go back to the way they were, so they will be more comfortable... I say this to say that all of us need to find a filter, a paradigm, a way of working, that is comfortable, and FLOWS lol. Someone else might be more comfortable working with sunshine (fire) to heal... OK, I'll quit blabbing now.
    Last edited by Sierra; 12th October 2013 at 01:30.

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Sierra For This Post:

alexandra (14th October 2013), Caren (13th October 2013), Carmody (12th October 2013), Christine (12th October 2013), Eram (12th October 2013), greybeard (12th October 2013), Hervé (11th October 2013), LahTera (12th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), Mark (12th October 2013), Mike (12th October 2013), nomadguy (12th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (11th October 2013), seko (12th October 2013), Selene (12th October 2013), ulli (12th October 2013), Wind (12th October 2013)

3. Link to Post #162
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 times in 1,039 posts

Hi Carmody,

Thanks for the book recommendation. I'll put it on my list.

Just want to correct a few things you got wrong about my position.

1.) I am not a debunker.

2.) I am not a 'non-believer', but someone who has had his own experiences.

3.) I understand the science behind your explanation.

4.) I have had no one-to-one conversations with you on this thread topic.

5.) I wasn't asking you for any answers. In fact, I wasn't addressing you at all.

6.) I'm 100% satified with your stance that you needn't bother addressing questions you don't care to. And further, I respect your reasons.

7.) I was, and am, merely putting forward my opinion that a member of this forum should feel 100% within their right to ask whatever intelligent, non-belligerent questions they wish- about this or any other topic under the sun.

I just want to clarify this so you, and anyone else reading, can better understand where I'm coming from.

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Quote Posted by CurtisW (here)
    Quote Posted by heretogrow (here)
    Chinaski,
    ....You see, my friend , you don't believe. Therefore you have shut that opportunity down for yourself to experience. I understand it may be out of your comfort zone to believe........ To a sensitive person, the constant cries for proof can even feel like a psychic attack after a while. It is a waste of good energy, I honestly believe....... Sorry for being hard on you buddy, but with this stance you are hurting yourself as well as possibly others, in my humble opinion.
    Subjecting these claims to genuine, honest inquiry shouldn't be a problem. Questioning, in a balanced and respectful way, should be a part of what we're all doing here.

Far from hurting, either himself, or anyone here with genuine ability, he's actually helping to shed light on something many of us are interested in.

The questions may even provoke first-hand experiencers to look at their own experiences in new ways- to go deeper into their understanding.

And you're right. There's no substitute for direct personal experience. But some people, including myself, are helped by listening to the stories of others, then drilling deeper by asking questions.

For some, it's a way of orienting oneself in the maze before starting out.
    One has to understand it on the deepest levels, right through to the conscious levels. Otherwise, it will not work.

read Lynn McTaggart's 'The field'. she explains that the gift is inherent in everyone and everything. Ie, the representation and flow of reality, in it's component parts, the whole and the organized bits of it, that we might call humans, or their energy and integration with the whole energy pattern.

She explains how this exact problem came up in science, where one team of 'believers' or more correctly 'knowers' ('believers' is a derisive term used by those outside of the knowledge of it) did some very rigorous psychic experimentation. The experiments came out to a state of near perfection in proofing psychic capacity/phenomena.

Some 'non believers' tried the same test, done the same way., they found that the test did not come out positive, it came out negative.

Then, one of the scientists got an idea,and made sure to purposely gather non believers, or debunker type scientists into groups of testers and those who understand it, or believe in it, they were also grouped into testers. ie, multiple groups of each type. Then they added in an extra twist. An Ambivalent (meh!) group.

Results of this meta test regimen, where all groups did the SAME tests that they all agreed on as being 100% conclusive to their limit to discern and argue a given point:

The various groups of debunkers, they received negative results, meaning, no psychic sensitivity of any kind, as a proven point in fact.

The various groups of believers, they received positive results, meaning they found perfect psychic sensitivity as proven point in fact.

The various groups of 'meh', ambivalent (don't care one way or another), they received ambivalent, or inconclusive results.

The result of the meta test seems to be clearly showing that the PEOPLE are the key operating point here. That it is indeed a consensus reality which all have an effect upon and within. You are what you project yourself to be.

These are not ambiguous results.

These are not insignificant results.

Now.... Curtis and mostly Chinaski, I do believe that we have had this exact conversation Before.

Now, where is your memory of those moments... and why are we going down this exact same road again, when this has all been covered before???????

Do you suffer from a mental block on this subject? the data seems to indicate so. one you cannot get by, as we have covered this subject before?

I have told you clearly where to go and get the data and how to investigate this subject for yourself.

Deal with it, look at it, find it, find the block in yourself. It's not me guys........ it's YOU.

The science ---is clear.

The phenomena (or anything like it or of it's type)...and the reality of the universe that underlies it... has been abundantly proven thousands of times. It does indeed clearly illustrate that it is the PEOPLE that are the problem and the solution, that it lies in the hands of the reality formation aspects of the INDIVIDUAL, in a space of consensus reality.

As for the given posts, someone DID find them and we DID have a pm or two on the subject and we shared some bits of conversation on the topic and the nuances of what was done, how it was done, the methods, the why, etc. As I stated earlier, one does not simply throw that kind of data on the street, for everyone to play with. since you don't know how this works, or what it means, you're more than a bit in the dark on the ramifications.You have to truly go to the point of understanding it yourself, it cannot be externally forced, it's your own trip- not mine. it's not a cop out, it's a reality formation aspect.

The universe and reality formation expects the individual to get off their ass and get sh*t done, on their own. Ie, the universe cares not one flying fornication what you expect or feel, in any negative projections, no matter how soft they may be seen as. That... if you can't be bothered to integrate it into the self on the deepest levels and seek it on the deepest levels, then... you'll not get it. Ever.

It will remain a major suck to be you, until you turn it around inside of yourself. Until then, the universe could not give a good god damn what you do, but it won't be that, will it? (going clear and accepting it and turning the corner in the ego self)

Some deep part of yourself will have to 'give it up', and just let it go and find the way through the block that is inside. Until then...nothing. As that's the way it works, for all the right reasons.

Think it through. It's that way...for all the right reasons. Arguing the subject does not amount to a single fly covered pile of crap. It's meaningless. The problem is the projection of self, as reality, into the energies that form reality.

And that's about all she wrote.
    Last edited by Curt; 12th October 2013 at 16:37.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Carmody (12th October 2013), Christine (12th October 2013), Eram (12th October 2013), LahTera (12th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), nomadguy (13th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (12th October 2013), Sierra (12th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013)

5. Link to Post #163
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

why I love you too Sierra it always feels good to be loved!

I really appreciate your reply. I am actually in the process of learning to astral project, so hopefully i'll have my own personal experiences to report here sometime soon (and if i'm fighting off some persistent member demanding proof of my experiences, so be it. we'll call it karma)

however, I do not consider "if you are not there, then you are not there" a blunt response. truthfully, I don't know what I consider it. it's just kind of useless statement to me...dangling in the tournefortia. I mean, of course I wasn't there! so why not do it again? that's a question I haven't gotten a direct answer to, except to say that it may be harmful or something...to which I asked: ok, if it was harmful, why do it then? why then and not now? predictably, I have not received a response...or at least not one that makes sense.

as far as one's mental state being paramount...what exactly do you mean by that? because i'm not talking about *my* ability to do something, i'm talking about someone else's. I mean, if I was there when Carmody made all these people sit down, are you suggesting I might have missed it somehow because of some deficiency in psychic ability myself? if that's what you mean, ok, fine, I take no offense! truly! but if i'm there, and he affects 3D reality in this way, I don't see how I miss it if i'm looking...whether i'm brilliant, a subnormal, the Buddha, or the fool on the hill. this is another question that tends to get danced around.

I've asked him about the alleged video of the event I think 3 times now. is it accessible? no answer.

I just want some basic yes' or no's! simple answers to simple questions! you see? all this gobbledygook is totally unnecessary.

actually, I don't even want the answers anymore. i'm tired of all this, ha! here's the deal: when you've lived the type of life I have, cozy talk of psychic ability around the campfire means squat. less than squat. I need to see it done. and if we did the math, I believe we'd be on excuse number 1,000,000 as to why it cannot be performed. not even once. it is so tiresome.

i appreciate you taking the time to reply Sierra! LOts of love to you!

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

Carmody (12th October 2013), Curt (12th October 2013), Eram (12th October 2013), johnf (12th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Roisin (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (12th October 2013), Selene (13th October 2013), Sierra (12th October 2013), Strat (12th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013)

7. Link to Post #164
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 times in 1,783 posts

I guess it's just me and my own background in this area but I rarely talk about those things I can "do" on a regular basis unless I can show proof of it. If I can't do that then I don't bother talking about it.

For example, I'm not going to say that I can bend spoons with my mind unless I can show that.

However, if I actually DID bend a spoon one time in the past, I might talk about that but I don't expect anyone to believe me and all I'm doing is sharing a personal experience I had and am not making any claims that I can bend spoons on a regular basis and that it's an exceptional ability of mine. All I'm doing is just telling you a personal experience I once had and leaving it at that.
    Last edited by Roisin; 12th October 2013 at 16:37.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Carmody (12th October 2013), Christine (13th October 2013), Curt (12th October 2013), Eram (12th October 2013), hohoemi (13th October 2013), johnf (12th October 2013), LahTera (12th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), Mike (13th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), RunningDeer (12th October 2013), Sierra (12th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013)

9. Link to Post #165
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,315 times in 10,234 posts

We're in the gauntlet of this particular discourse and understanding -on a public stage, where disbelief and belief, understanding and 'different understanding', wrestle with one another. it goes back to the Buddhist thing of letting the person come to them, and if they ask, and dedicate themselves, then the person will allow themselves to begin their own process of understanding, in that Buddhist environment. If one takes the statement of the Lynn McTaggart report on the tests of psychic sensitivity as a given (face value), for the sake of hypothesis (developing an investigation source point and then expand it), then it can be seen as to the why of the situation.

It also comes down to intellectual prowess and reach of ideas, and directions that can be held in the given individual mind, and any potential barriers in understanding, like emotional projection and attachment in one's bodily driven idealizations. Intellect is built on the body's basics, thus it is affected by mind and mindset, in it's reach and potential for rumination.

It's Godel's incompleteness theorem (problem more complex/bigger than the mind considering it), as a consideration in psychological reach, and we hit this barrier time and time again, on this forum. Each individual will probably have to exceed their personal limits on credulity of source point in reality formation, in order to even begin the process of investigating this stuff.

To confront, intellectually, that consciousness of intellect and mind is somewhat equivalent to a small monkey riding the back of a large elephant of unconsciousness. that the monkey of intellect (internal and sound voice of the individual) is not in control but is a junior partner, due to egoic orientation in that particular mental program of communication integration as a software system.

That the intellect component of the person who is attempting to judge what is being said here, in this thread, is actually just a interpretative control program/software that is initially formed and built in childhood... that the real intellect that runs that waking program, is what is really in charge.

That the public and internal face of the self is software thinking it is in control, when it fact, it is not. and THAT program, which is integrating with the deeper self and the rest of the world's avatar programs, to create and hold this consensus reality, that program is blocking the deeper self from coming forward and thinking clearly. The secondary problem is that this conscious program, is tied to the body's deepest mechanisms, it's deepest safeties, shunts, and manipulation aspects, via 'emotions'. The coloration and corruption of intellect by survival programming intruding into consciousness formation/flow filtering.

I could go on for days here, but the point is that the individual's intellect as a program and filter controlled by emotions and the fear of the body thinking it will 'lose all', is what takes control of intellectual thought formation and flow, and blocks people from finding these things out. The thoughts are shifted, or they never form. people get into a literal and internal war with the self and body... fighting one another and this comes out in the form of projected psychosis, that is felt to the core of the given potential for life itself, in the given avatar's internal programming.

Again, to ask me to produce something that the 'self in the other' rejects as a reality, even though they say otherwise. A reality that shifts and changes, according to the people involved in it. As in literally asking for the proving of a negative that is projected to be a negative.... and thus formed as a negative by the projecting being, thus disallowing the formation of the given thing.

The entire process, can hopefully be seen as an an internal reflection and reality issue that is tied to the given self that is involved.

That I can prove nothing to the individual who may demand proof, that the person demanding has to understand the reality and make the attempt, on their own. Then, if their depth of consideration is honest enough, and deep enough and encompassing enough, that they can also 'get there'.

It's not a cop out, it is how reality on the fundamental, works.

That the individual is ****ed, until they internally break the hold of mind on expression, and come clean... into the different understanding, on their own.

It cannot be objectified, as the problem is internal and within the given individual. (Not unrelated to the issue of influence of quantum to the gross mass -how quantum relations are different than mass Newtonian/Einsteinian relationships) Once it is truly understood by the individual, then a group who do understand it, can gather and objectify through/by/with it. In the same way the non-understanding groups can and do collectively objectify their grouped and individual position, even thought they do not understand what they hell they are on about, at all..

It can be likened to a problem of not being able to murder your way to peace. The method (origin point of attempt) and the objective are not unrelated, but are almost wholly incompatible with each other. That the baseline mental methodology is incorrect for the subject at hand.

So, Chinaski, the simple way past this is to leave you as you are, and let you make your own way to dealing with this, in any way you may, and simply reply to your last post with:

"It doesn't work that way"

As I'm not the problem, in this. You are. As all these belief and similar teachings have always said, for some of them, up to 4-5-6 thousand or more years. Even cutting edge science says I'm exactly right as all those teachings for these past thousands of years have been saying.

I've said all of this in various ways over and over again over in about, what, nearly 8000 posts now. Simply put, as they says on teh interwebs..."you're doin' it wrong".

Only you can deal with your own projected and formed reality, I'll not spend my energy being your internally projected and thus dancing/puppeteered whipping boy.
    Last edited by Carmody; 12th October 2013 at 18:42.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

alexandra (14th October 2013), Christine (13th October 2013), Eram (12th October 2013), Flash (12th October 2013), Gardener (13th October 2013), johnf (13th October 2013), LahTera (12th October 2013), noprophet (13th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), panopticon (13th October 2013), risveglio (23rd October 2013), seko (13th October 2013), Sierra (12th October 2013), ulli (12th October 2013), Zampano (12th October 2013)

11. Link to Post #166
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

My appreciation of you Carmody was already top, i did not know it could get one notch more, but it did.

Ulli, my true appreciation too for everything you bring in this forum and in life.

Thank you Sierra for holding your ground too. And Eram, compadre of studies, I am happy you are here.

Love to all, I am happy to be starting to get it.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

amandapoet (16th October 2013), Caren (13th October 2013), Eram (12th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Sierra (12th October 2013), Strat (12th October 2013), ulli (12th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013), Yoda (13th October 2013)

13. Link to Post #167
    United States Avalon Member LahTera's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Chinaski (here)
    why I love you too Sierra it always feels good to be loved!

I really appreciate your reply. I am actually in the process of learning to astral project, so hopefully i'll have my own personal experiences to report here sometime soon (and if i'm fighting off some persistent member demanding proof of my experiences, so be it. we'll call it karma)

however, I do not consider "if you are not there, then you are not there" a blunt response. truthfully, I don't know what I consider it. it's just kind of useless statement to me...dangling in the tournefortia. I mean, of course I wasn't there! so why not do it again? that's a question I haven't gotten a direct answer to, except to say that it may be harmful or something...to which I asked: ok, if it was harmful, why do it then? why then and not now? predictably, I have not received a response...or at least not one that makes sense.

as far as one's mental state being paramount...what exactly do you mean by that? because i'm not talking about *my* ability to do something, i'm talking about someone else's. I mean, if I was there when Carmody made all these people sit down, are you suggesting I might have missed it somehow because of some deficiency in psychic ability myself? if that's what you mean, ok, fine, I take no offense! truly! but if i'm there, and he affects 3D reality in this way, I don't see how I miss it if i'm looking...whether i'm brilliant, a subnormal, the Buddha, or the fool on the hill. this is another question that tends to get danced around.

I've asked him about the alleged video of the event I think 3 times now. is it accessible? no answer.

I just want some basic yes' or no's! simple answers to simple questions! you see? all this gobbledygook is totally unnecessary.

actually, I don't even want the answers anymore. i'm tired of all this, ha! here's the deal: when you've lived the type of life I have, cozy talk of psychic ability around the campfire means squat. less than squat. I need to see it done. and if we did the math, I believe we'd be on excuse number 1,000,000 as to why it cannot be performed. not even once. it is so tiresome.

i appreciate you taking the time to reply Sierra! LOts of love to you!
    I can understand this ... when I started studying this, I was avidly reading books about the topics and doing my own experiments, etc. Of course, at the time, I was living with some kind of entity (and to this day, I still can't tell you if it was a ghost, demon, UFO, or something else!). So my experiments were never really missing this element because he was always there, and frankly, doing the experiments seemed to calm him down to the point where he got more interested in the attention the experiments were giving him than he was in terrorizing us kids. (Although, you should've seen my brother run and hide whenever he saw me starting an experiment -- poor kid.)

I went so far as to become a Sysop on the GO UFO Forum on Compuserve (back in the day before we had Graphic User Interface aka GUI). And it was always the same sort of thing: People making claims, skeptics trying to debunk, and no one getting real, hard proof or managing to duplicate things (for the most part).

Then I had my supernova dream and it not only occurred, but made me think a lot more about astronomy and neutrinos, which led me to physics. So I've started paying more attention to those topics and only recently became a member here again. I'd love to see the math for this, too, but I am not going to hold my breath.

I think we're at a point, though, where we might just start seeing the groundwork in physics for such things. I mean, after all, who would have thought 20 years ago that we could actually teleport information via quantum physics?

I think one reason the math is hard to get is because of the emotions involved. Give me an equation for love or despair and maybe we can answer your question to your satisfaction?

Just some thoughts!

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LahTera For This Post:

Curt (12th October 2013), Flash (13th October 2013), heretogrow (13th October 2013), johnf (13th October 2013), Mike (13th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Sierra (12th October 2013), Strat (12th October 2013)

15. Link to Post #168
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,138 times in 13,482 posts

The moment someone obliges me to respond I become rather rebellious.
    Funny, that, how that works.
    I have major issues with people who feel entitled.
    I don't know how to humor someone, especially when they plead.
    And if they throw words like 'slippery' at me I will become pretty unforgiving.

So, Carmody, please accept this medal from me,
    for being such an incredible example of patience and restraint.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

Flash (12th October 2013), heretogrow (13th October 2013), johnf (13th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), risveglio (23rd October 2013), Sierra (12th October 2013)

17. Link to Post #169
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Station break.....

I’ve never learned the art of ‘keep it going’. The net gain gets cancelled by the net loss. In the end, both are painful.

In my power bag, I carry two worn out options, I walk or I go into jokester mode. (Got some others, but I hold them for the really critical situations.)

Today, I’ll let Tim Hawkins be the jokester.

The Government Can

Love,
    Pauler
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 12th October 2013 at 20:12.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Curt (12th October 2013), Flash (13th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), Mike (13th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Sierra (12th October 2013)

19. Link to Post #170
    Language
    English
    Thanks

20. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

alexandra (14th October 2013), Caren (13th October 2013), Curt (12th October 2013), Flash (13th October 2013), greybeard (12th October 2013), Heart-2-Heart (13th October 2013), jagman (13th October 2013), Jake (12th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), Mike (13th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Sierra (13th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013), Yoda (13th October 2013)

21. Link to Post #171
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

I'm sure everyone has seen a fictional portrayal of a seance in a movie where the psychic says she is unable to contact the spirits because there is an unbeliever or skeptic present.
    Often, this is just the conditioned cue for the audience to understand the psychic is a phony.
    But in other cases, the psychic is gifted and there really is an unbeliever in the circle whose energies are messing with the coherency of frequency that is necessary to bridge dimensions and make a real connection.
    In other words, everyone has to be on the same page.

That is surely an oversimplification, but I think it still applies.
    The psychic may be strong and determined enough, or the circle may be strong enough to override the energies of the unbeliever or skeptic, but that may not create the safest or most optimal environment for everyone.

In the case of someone like Chinaski, who claims to be neutral, the best solution is probably the one he is already applying, which is to try becoming an "experiencer" by his own efforts.
    And then perhaps, to better understand Carmody's dilemma, assuming he is successful, try explaining or demonstrating that to someone else who has had no such experience!
    Trying to discuss this kind of esoteric, very experiential subject on a forum is bound to be problematical.
    Nevertheless, thanks to everyone for a really interesting discussion.
    Each breath a gift...

22. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

alexandra (14th October 2013), Caren (13th October 2013), Curt (12th October 2013), Flash (13th October 2013), greybeard (12th October 2013), jagman (12th October 2013), LahTera (13th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), Mike (13th October 2013), panopticon (13th October 2013), RunningDeer (12th October 2013), Selene (13th October 2013), Sierra (13th October 2013)

23. Link to Post #172
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

Every ones exceptional they just dont know it.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

24. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

alexandra (14th October 2013), Caren (13th October 2013), Carmody (14th October 2013), Curt (12th October 2013), Flash (13th October 2013), Heart-2-Heart (13th October 2013), jagman (12th October 2013), Jake (12th October 2013), johnf (13th October 2013), LahTera (13th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), Mike (13th October 2013), RunningDeer (12th October 2013), Selene (13th October 2013), Sierra (13th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013)

25. Link to Post #173
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Last edited by RunningDeer; 12th October 2013 at 23:07.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Flash (13th October 2013), greybeard (13th October 2013), jagman (12th October 2013), johnf (13th October 2013), Mike (13th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013)

27. Link to Post #174
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

I have not commented on this thread until now. Did any of you see me coming? lol just a little jokey...
    I think most people, who if they really thought about it, have had psychic experiences. I dont think
    you have to be "exceptional", although I'm not saying that those people don't exist either.

I do think however, If someone does claim to be "Exceptional" with psychic abilities.
    that must require "Exceptional Proof." If not, your just pissing in the wind folks and
    preaching to the choir. Jim Jones told his followers he was exceptional and they
    literally drank the kool aid. On the other hand Uri Geller has done some amazing
    things. For me the search continues with an open mind.

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Caren (13th October 2013), Christine (12th October 2013), Curt (13th October 2013), Flash (13th October 2013), greybeard (12th October 2013), Jake (12th October 2013), johnf (13th October 2013), LahTera (13th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), Mike (13th October 2013), Miller (12th October 2013), Roisin (13th October 2013), RunningDeer (12th October 2013), Selene (13th October 2013), Sierra (13th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013)

29. Link to Post #175
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,317 times in 2,633 posts

Quote Posted by jagman (here)
    I have not commented on this thread until now. Did any of you see me coming? lol just a little jokey...
    I think most people, who if they really thought about it, have had psychic experiences. I dont think
    you have to be "exceptional", although I'm not saying that those people don't exist either.

I do think however, If someone does claim to be "Exceptional" with psychic abilities.
    that must require "Exceptional Proof." If not, your just pissing in the wind folks and
    preaching to the choir. Jim Jones told his followers he was exceptional and they
    literally drank the kool aid. On the other hand Uri Geller has done some amazing
    Unfortunately, proof is a sliding scale, and is relative to the observer. What is proof for one, is NOT proof for another, and visa verse. What is considered tangible proof for science is laughable to someone with first hand experience. Many truths are subjective, and cannot be proven. Mostly, the non-physical aspects,,, cannot be proven, as non physical aspects are not considered tangible, to most people.

I have no doubt that you love from your heart. But can you prove it. To love someone is the most powerful essence you can share,,, but can it be proven. Experienced,, yes, Proven..... no...

If one cannot use the supersensitive potentials that we carry, then one does NOT have the tools needed to properly judge proof. If you use the 'fife sense' rules, then your idea of proof will ALWAYs be limited.

Besides, What purpose does 'proof' have anyways. I've spent most of my life, proving certain things to MYSELF, engaging my craft with a skeptics mind. How then, do I prove it to YOU,,, knowing all that I would rob you of, if you were to prove it to yourself.

I have stayed out of this conversation too,,, for the most part.

What Chris said,,,, We are ALL exceptionally gifted, and triumphantly amazing beings.

Jake.
    Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. Yoda....

30. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Jake For This Post:

alexandra (14th October 2013), Caren (13th October 2013), Chanlo23 (14th October 2013), Christine (12th October 2013), Curt (12th October 2013), Flash (13th October 2013), Gardener (13th October 2013), greybeard (12th October 2013), jagman (13th October 2013), johnf (13th October 2013), LahTera (13th October 2013), Mike (13th October 2013), onawah (12th October 2013), Roisin (13th October 2013), RunningDeer (13th October 2013), seko (13th October 2013), Selene (13th October 2013), Sierra (13th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013), Yoda (13th October 2013)

31. Link to Post #176
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

Quote Posted by Jake (here)
    Quote Posted by jagman (here)

Unfortunately, proof is a sliding scale, and is relative to the observer. What is proof for one, is NOT proof for another, and visa verse. What is considered tangible proof for science is laughable to someone with first hand experience. Many truths are subjective, and cannot be proven. Mostly, the non-physical aspects,,, cannot be proven, as non physical aspects are not considered tangible, to most people.

I have no doubt that you love from your heart. But can you prove it. To love someone is the most powerful essence you can share,,, but can it be proven. Experienced,, yes, Proven..... no...

If one cannot use the supersensitive potentials that we carry, then one does NOT have the tools needed to properly judge proof. If you use the 'fife sense' rules, then your idea of proof will ALWAYs be limited.

Besides, What purpose does 'proof' have anyways. I've spent most of my life, proving certain things to MYSELF, engaging my craft with a skeptics mind. How then, do I prove it to YOU,,, knowing all that I would rob you of, if you were to prove it to yourself.

I have stayed out of this conversation too,,, for the most part.

What Chris said,,,, We are ALL exceptionally gifted, and triumphantly amazing beings.

Jake.
    Jake I do get where your coming from. Jake A few years ago the NY giants were
    playing the New Egland Patriots In the SuperBowl.I went into a trance at halftime
    While I was in, what I will call a "trance" I saw Eli Manning make a throw in the fourth quarter to win the game. I came out the the trance after halftime.
    And in the fourth quarter of the game was exactly the same. Eli made the
    exact same throw to the same reciever winning the game.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

Caren (13th October 2013), Christine (13th October 2013), Flash (13th October 2013), Gardener (13th October 2013), greybeard (13th October 2013), Jake (13th October 2013), johnf (13th October 2013), Roisin (13th October 2013), RunningDeer (13th October 2013), Sierra (13th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013)

33. Link to Post #177
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

Yeah I agree with the most recent posts. The most constraining problem with this thread is perhaps the title. I am open and yearn for the exceptional but I am in no way that. I feel much more comfortable being an experiencer and learning through others and yes from this wonderful connectiveness I believe I am learning. The truth to me without all these wonderful other souls I would not be in this place. It is the collective to me that is perpetuating and able to bring forth miracles. To me that is being open and connected to Source, to work through you and find a way to manifest in the now. You become the vessel. Not believing in the psychic phenomenon at this stage in my existence here would be like not believing in LOVE or Source. It would be like looking at a hero and doubting the potential. And when I read claims that sound too profound of unbelievable I am only grateful that I am amongst such truly amazing people. ANd of course I can only hope that in this company it will rub off lol! I have walked alone in the dark in this life and thought, truly there must be more. Otherwise what is the point? I am able to see the point in others and express great gratitude in that. There is truly no greater freedom than gratitude. This is not lip service to the word. This is my truth and my understanding of the reality around me at this point in my life.

PS- I really believe if we could gather together at some point on mother earth it would be so amazing that all of our problems would be healed instantly. I think we in all of our division, compassion, understanding, heart, intellect, talent, wisdom, vulnerabilities and willingness to learn and grow from each other, hold that much power. Like has been said on this thread over and over, We are the answer we have been waiting for. In that event I might seem quite shy. Typing is much more safe than talking out loud. But you can bet I would be honored and Grateful to be in such company.

I think I am off to bed. Goodnight and much love!
    Julia
    Last edited by heretogrow; 13th October 2013 at 03:11.

34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Christine (13th October 2013), Curt (13th October 2013), greybeard (13th October 2013), Heartsong (13th October 2013), jagman (13th October 2013), johnf (13th October 2013), LahTera (13th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), Mike (13th October 2013), RunningDeer (13th October 2013), Sierra (13th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013), Yoda (13th October 2013)

35. Link to Post #178
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,208 times in 5,679 posts

Quote Posted by ulli (here)
    The moment someone obliges me to respond I become rather rebellious.
    Funny, that, how that works.
    I have major issues with people who feel entitled.
    I don't know how to humor someone, especially when they plead.
    And if they throw words like 'slippery' at me I will become pretty unforgiving.

So, Carmody, please accept this medal from me,
    for being such an incredible example of patience and restraint.
    The moment I am condescended to for asking reasonable questions I get rebellious.

And you can go ahead and add hypersensitivity to your list of issues: if you are really offended by the term "slippery" then it's a miracle you've gotten this far in your life without dropping dead of indignation.

Folks, imagine this: you're walking down the road with a friend. The friend says: hey, did you know that I can bend those trees over there with my mind? You say: wow, really? The friend says: yup. You say: great, will you show me? And at this point you are offered a long, mostly unsatisfying response, which concludes with the friend telling you that he cannot demonstrate this for you, and not only that, that *you* are somehow at fault for it.

Folks, this, in a nutshell, is what's happening here. And I'm not just referring to my whipping boy Carmody - it's symptomatic of the psychic world at large.

Notice: I am not asking alien abductees to prove their experiences. Nor am I asking psychics to prove their accuracy. The reason I'm asking Carmody for a demonstration is because he claims to be able to affect OBJECTIVE reality in an overt and incontrovertible way. Jake, I love your energy brother, and I understand what you're saying about proof and the sliding scale, but this one is pretty black n white. It's as black n white as can be, yet everyone insists on adding all this damn color.

Carmody, I have absolutely no ill-will towards you. None. We disagree strongly here on a number of things, are at a stalemate, and I hardly see any reason to continue the dialogue. My psychic ability tells me you likely feel the same. If you want the last word on the matter, it's all yours...

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

alexandra (14th October 2013), Christine (13th October 2013), Curt (13th October 2013), Finefeather (13th October 2013), jagman (13th October 2013), johnf (13th October 2013), Katyani (13th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), onawah (13th October 2013), RunningDeer (13th October 2013), Sierra (13th October 2013), Strat (13th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013)

37. Link to Post #179
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,322 times in 612 posts

I'm not sure if those experiences i'm going to share with you are relevant to the title: ''Exceptional psychic abilities in exceptional people'' let me began with those two to make you realize that it is as accessible to me than to all of us on the planet to manifest your thoughts (create):

I'm not good with the years... Time lines default ... hahaaa....
    I think it is 4 years or maybe 6 years ago...

I decided to have free access to the subways every time I took it.
    I said to myself something like this: ''Taking the subways is free for me''
    So it was for a whole week !
    I had to take the subs several times this week and every time, it came out to be free....
    Examples of how it happened:
    2 or 3 times, it was the gates that were open for different reasons ....
    another time, nobody in the boot to make us pay so the turnstile was unlocked...
    I remember one time that an employee just helped an handicap person so he opened the big door and looked at me and just invited me to pass for free...
    My boyfriend gave me is own card for a day.....

This is one of my experiences about creating your reality and it's working for me when I really believe I can do it....
    The BELIEVE word here is very important !
    Each time I create a situation and I really, truly, without any doubt ''believe'' I will succeed, it's working ...

I also have believed for years that I always have to wait in lines so I could never go in a store and make it fast to pay and go out... I was always waiting.... For some reasons, the machine was broken, the only on person in frond of me had problem with a price tag... I some times said to friends, you choose the line for me because if it is me, I will wait and even then I had to wait..... There is 10 person in one line and 2 other in the other line, you take the one that has less people expecting you will go out fast.... NOT ME .......... hahahaaa........... ALWAYS waiting, waiting..... For years.... lol..... But I have made this stop ... I knew it was me doing this, so I decided, ok I have waited enough .... it is time for me to have fast access some times, so now it is more normal sometimes i'm waiting and sometimes I don't just like anybody...

Voilà !
    2 things i'm willing to share with you to see how it works... (for me) !
    It is soooooooooo easy

Belive !

Much love to all of you AVALONIENS !
    NatLee

BY the way, this resonate a lot with me (thank you Christine):
    Quote Posted by Christine (here)
    Are not all people exceptional people? Isn't any ability latent in any Being of consciousness.

I don't have any exceptional abilities.. really I don't. It is an oddity. I can tell of extra ordinary events in my life.. things that surprised and awed me. I can tell stories of emotional upheavals and even moments of pure terror. I relish the moments when the sun or the wind talk through me... I crumble in the moments of doubt and pain. This is LIFE moving through me. Exceptional? Not for me any longer... it just is, moment by moment awareness that I do my best to embrace it as it comes.

Am I creating this, I would say yes. I am a conscious co-creator of what I embody and live around me. Have I expanded and contracted enough? Have I experienced enough to have some wisdom, some patience, and over flowing kindness?

These are the exceptional qualities I value above all... and above all love.
    Last edited by Nat_Lee; 13th October 2013 at 06:57.
    We are one !

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nat_Lee For This Post:

Christine (13th October 2013), Hervé (13th October 2013), jagman (13th October 2013), johnf (13th October 2013), kanishk (12th November 2013), onawah (13th October 2013), RunningDeer (13th October 2013), Sierra (13th October 2013), soleil (13th October 2013), Yoda (13th October 2013)

39. Link to Post #180
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,973 times in 20,621 posts

I'm electing myself to be the one this time to state this old hackneyed but true cliche, that it's great how so many diverse individuals can come together on this forum, be exactly who they are and agree to disagree yet remain civil about it, and keep on keeping on, whether this particular discussion is finished or not...hopefully to process through another issue together, tomorrow or the next day...
    Each breath a gift...

40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Christine (13th October 2013), Curt (13th October 2013), jagman (13th October 2013), LahTera (13th October 2013), Limor Wolf (20th October 2013), Nat_Lee (13th October 2013), panopticon (13th October 2013), RunningDeer (13th October 2013), Sierra (13th October 2013), Swan (13th October 2013), Wind (13th October 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 9 19 LastLast