+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Don't Put Metal in a Microwave: Another Close Look at WTC Site

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Exclamation Don't Put Metal in a Microwave: Another Close Look at WTC Site

Hello everyone. I don't really belong in this part of the site, as my ability to express the suspicions I harbor about 9/11 is limited by my lack of mathematical knowledge, and a general lack of knowledge regarding advanced (or even simple) physics.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE TOWERS?
    (to paraphrase Judy Wood)

However, from a layman's point of view, it's very interesting to track some of the ongoing discussions regarding what happened to the Twin Towers. As my silly forum name points out, my personal belief is that it's possible those buildings were structurally compromised by a very advanced yet simple technique involving sophisticated radio wave technology. Of course, I do not deny the possibility of a more "down to earth" method, including agents which would have come into direct contact with the buildings, like thermite or (a) small nuclear device(s). The latter is not my idea, but it's worthy of thought.

The admin Paul mentioned in an adjacent thread here that very little metal from the towers actually survived the demolition; that the impression was given to the public that a lot of metal was shipped off when in fact it was not the amount expected from such a large structure.

Back in 2012, I tripped over some literature on the Internet that spoke of certain types of radio transmitters whose emissions are able to penetrate reflective materials such as gold, using a specially-shaped wave. Also in the same year, scientists were publishing material on propagating a waveform through a plasma without interruption, a feat formerly thought impossible but now quite common.

The thing is, metals like gold are extremely conductive when they encounter most forms of what we call "electricity". The charge does not typically penetrate the material very deeply unless otherwise engineered according to the method mentioned previously. The reflective "skin" of such metals tends to conduct the lion's share of the power across the surface and throws the radiation back into the air. Gold is a wonderful conductor in most high-tech applications, and is found on everything from space capsules to cable leads.

That is why china teacups with silver or gold lining on them cause such havoc in the kitchen microwave. Enough metal in the microwave (turned on of course) can actually create feedback sufficient to disable or destroy the actuating magnetron. Arcs and sparks are a common feature of this process, accompanied sometimes by loud bangs, flashes, and damage to the Faraday cage inside the microwave unit. The heat is not absorbed as it would be by food; the molecules cannot vibrate the same way because a microwave is designed to penetrate food deeply, and this is virtually impossible when you're talking about precious metals (and perhaps other metals, as we may later discuss).

Well, about that waveform. I need to re-find the article about what type of waveform can penetrate solid precious metals. If I am not mistaken, it was a wave with a long period that was not a typical shape; it might have been scalar or perhaps some kind of rotating wave, also know as a helical waveform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waves_in_plasmas
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_relation
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helical_antenna

This is what I am wondering: given the right conditions, can certain metals subjected to specially shaped waveforms at the proper power level experience internal heat so drastically that a plasma is produced, whereas the normal expectation would be that the electricity be conducted over the surface; and once energized, can this reaction be controlled in such a way that the material is thereby able to be manipulated by a remote source?

Many recent breakthroughs in the study of plasmas, the special conductivity of gold and other precious metals, and the magneto-elasticity of iron and steel prompted me to investigate properties of metal excited to a "liquid-like" state. In this state, the electrons available in such metals move much faster than the charged ions themselves. This creates a very interesting effect, sort of like a strobe light, but far more serious in terms of radiation. There is also the idea that less pure metals, like iron alloys and steel, can be warped without energizing them as harshly or directly. In fact this process may bypass the need for heat in general, meaning only the motion enacted by the signals received causes structural damage.

I hope some of that makes sense. According to recent studies, it has been found that gold molecules suspended in water or other fluids can be put into a rapid and energetic spin simply by exposing the gold to circularly polarized light, another type of helical waveform. Given enough energy, and on a larger scale, such a reaction may be induced at a level observable by the naked eye.

Quote http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/nl4010817

Ultrafast Spinning of Gold Nanoparticles in Water Using Circularly Polarized Light

Iron also responds to circularly polarized signals, at least according to the researcher John Hutchison, whose videos I discovered last year while reading about helical waveforms and their effects on metals. Hutchison claims and attempts to demonstrate in his videos, that given the proper radio signal, a piece of perfectly strong iron may be reduced to a useless husk of ashy waste product, which quickly corrodes and disintegrates under mechanical scrutiny.

If this method holds true on the scale of a high-rise building, that means that a relatively simple radio transmitter may compromise even the best-planned skyscrapers built in modern times. This is a fairly important thing to know, if you're an architect or a city planner, or even a politician or a member of the military. Perhaps this explains why the more "important" offices in the USA are located either below-ground or close to the ground. It would be suicide were it otherwise.

This thread ought also to raise the question of whether it is possible to "de-nature" or destroy precious metals. I know that the process would not be the same as it is with iron, a vastly inferior metal to gold or silver, but people deserve to know if it's possible to reduce the noble metals to piles of rubble in the manner that John Hutchison and other scientists of varying fame demonstrate with iron and other metals of great "magneto-elasticity".

It simply takes a different kind of signal with different types of metal.
    That's why some kinds of metal in specific quantities survive the microwave without producing fire, explosions, or even sparks; for example, you might enjoy a Hot Pocket sandwich once in a while, which requires heating in an aluminum-lined sleeve. However, you would never knowingly put a spoon or a metal-lined piece of china in there without expecting some sort of high-energy disaster, which would ultimately destroy the household appliance and render its internal workings obsolete.

Given enough distance from the transmitter, and the right type of penetration, a site such as WTC could absorb and radiate untold amounts of heat and other energy without damaging the thing that caused the condition to begin. It is entirely possible to start a process remotely that propagates itself locally.

I hope you guys enjoyed some of this one, I tried a little harder than usual because of some useful but painful criticism received today.

LUV, (U arseholes! j/k)

TESLA

p.s. I would love to post more on this subject as I remember/think of it. But it's very technical and to someone without the right knowledge, almost impossible to express what I am trying to say. A good physicist would be able to take over this talk and entertain me for hours, though.

Takers of this offer are quite welcome; I defer to the superior intellect when I recognize it.

Quote http://www.damninteresting.com/the-hutchison-effect/

The Hutchison Effect

An inventor in Canada named John Hutchison is credited with one of science's most unusual and controversial discoveries. It is described as a "highly-anomalous electromagnetic effect which causes the jellification of metals, spontaneous levitation of common substances, and other effects." It is known as the Hutchison Effect, or the H-Effect for short.

What the H-Effect is purported to do is nothing short of extraordinary. It is said to cause objects to defy gravity, cause metal to spontaneously fracture, cause dissimilar materials to fuse (such as metal and wood), and other strange phenomena. Hutchison has captured the effect on video many times, and claims to have demonstrated it for scientists from U.S. Army intelligence. But the claims are mired in doubt because the effect is not reproducible, even by the discoverer himself.

Hutchison is a bit of an eccentric, conducting his experiments in his apartment using surplus Navy and Army electronic equipment. His living space is absolutely crowded with oscilloscopes, digital readouts, gauges, switches, lights, receiver dishes, chains, and all manner of hardware. His supporters often liken him to the brilliant scientist and inventor Nikola Tesla, and in fact it was during an attempt to reproduce one of Tesla's experiments that the H-Effect was said to have been accidentally discovered.

Hutchison's experiments utilized multiple electrical coils called Tesla coils, as well as a static electricity machine called a Van de Graaf generator. How these high-voltage devices work in concert to create the H-Effect is uncertain, but supporters believe that a hypothetical electromagnetic wave called a scalar wave allowed Hutchison's apparatus to tap an exotic energy called zero-point energy.

[edit: cut some crap out that badmouthed the scientist]

But much valuable science has been done by eccentrics who are mocked by the rest of the scientific community in their time... so it is possible that his claims are indeed valid. Science is half skepticism and half open-mindedness, so as much as I doubt the veracity of Hutchison's claims, at the same time I would be delighted to be proven wrong.

Quote http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helical_antenna

The Helical Antenna and Its Applications

In radio transmission, circular polarisation is often used where the relative orientation of the transmitting and receiving antennas cannot be easily controlled, such as in animal tracking and spacecraft communications, or where the polarisation of the signal may change, so end-fire helical antennas are frequently used for these applications. Since large helices are difficult to build and unwieldy to steer and aim, the design is commonly employed only at higher frequencies, ranging from VHF up to microwave.
    Quote http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetoelectric_effect

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...netoelasticity

mag·ne·to·elasticity noun

Full Definition of MAGNETOELASTICITY

: the effect of elastic strain upon the magnetization of a ferromagnetic elastic material (as when the magnetization of a steel spring varies as it vibrates) — compare magnetostriction

Origin of MAGNETOELASTICITY

magnet- + elasticity
    This word doesn't usually appear in our free dictionary, but the definition from our premium Unabridged Dictionary is offered here on a limited basis.
    Quote http://magnetism.eu/esm/2007-cluj/qu...ostriction.pdf

Magnetostriction vs. Magnetoelastic Effects

Magnetostriction (from Wikipedia)

Magnetostriction is a property of ferromagnetic materials that causes them to change their shape when subjected to a magnetic field. The effect was first identified in 1842 by James Joule when observing a sample of nickel. This effect can cause losses due to frictional heating
    in susceptible ferromagnetic cores.

Magnetoelastic coupling (from Sci-Tech Dictionary )

Magnetoelastic coupling -- The interaction between the magnetization and the strain of a magnetic material.

http://lib.tkk.fi/Diss/2004/isbn9512...9512271850.pdf

Magnetoelasticity, Magnetic Forces and Magnetostriction

Doctoral thesis
    Anouar Belahcen
    Quote http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Mysteries

Northern Mysteries Docudrama

“The Hutchison Effect” - In 1979, Hutchison claims to have discovered a number of unusual phenomena, while trying to duplicate experiments done by Nikola Tesla. He refers to several of these phenomena jointly under the name “the Hutchison effect”, including: levitation of heavy objects; fusion of dissimilar materials such as metal and wood; while lacking any displacement, the anomalous heating of metals without burning adjacent material; the spontaneous fracturing of metals; changes in the crystalline structure and physical properties of metals; disappearance of metal samples.
    I forgot the grand finale:

Quote http://911research.wtc7.net/wtc/evidence/gold.html

Missing Gold

Precious Metals in WTC 4 Vault: Only a Fraction Recovered?

The basement of 4 World Trade Center housed vaults used to store gold and silver bullion. Published articles about precious metals recovered from the World Trade Center ruins in the aftermath of the attack mention less than $300 million worth of gold. All such reports appear to refer to a removal operation conducted in late October of 2001. On Nov. 1, Mayor Rudolph Giuliani announced that "more than $230 million" worth of gold and silver bars that had been stored in a bomb-proof vault had been recovered. A New York Times article contained:

Two Brinks trucks were at ground zero on Wednesday to start hauling away the $200 million in gold and silver that the Bank of Nova Scotia had stored in a vault under the trade center ... A team of 30 firefighters and police officers are helping to move the metals, a task that can be measured practically down to the flake but that has been rounded off at 379,036 ounces of gold and 29,942,619 ounces of silver .. 1
    Reports describing the contents of the vaults before the attack suggest that nearly $1 billion in precious metals was stored in the vaults. A figure of $650 million in a National Real Estate Investor article published after the attack is apparently based on pre-attack reports.

Unknown to most people at the time, $650 million in gold and silver was being kept in a special vault four floors beneath Four World Trade Center. 2
    An article in the TimesOnline gives the following rundown of precious metals that were being stored in the WTC vault belonging to Comex. 3

Comex metals trading - 3,800 gold bars weighing 12 tonnes and worth more than $100 million
    Comex clients - 800,000 ounces of gold with a value of about $220 million
    Comex clients - 102 million ounces of silver, worth $430 million
    Bank of Nova Scotia - $200 million of gold
    The TimesOnline article is not clear as to whether the $200 million in gold reported by the Bank of Nova Scotia was part of the $220 million in gold held by Comex for clients. If so, the total is $750 million; otherwise $950 million.

There appear to be no reports of precious metals discovered between November of 2001 and the completion of excavation several months later. Assuming that the above reports described the value of precious metals in the vaulst before the attack, and that the $230 million mentioned by Giuliani represented the approxmiate value of metals recovered, it would seem that at least the better part of a billion dollars worth of precious metals went missing. (It is not plausible, of course, that whatever destroyed the towers vaporized gold and silver, which are dense, inert metals that are extremely unlikely to participate in chemical reactions with other materials.)

An article in The Sierra Times suggests that gold was recovered from two trucks in a tunnel under 5 World Trade Center, giving rise to suspicions that the trucks were being used to remove the gold from the vaults before the South Tower fell. 4 However, this report may have been based on an erroneous reading of other reports that describe the removal of crushed vehicles from a tunnel under 5 WTC in order to gain access to the vaults under 4 WTC to remove their contents. 5

Why is there this huge discrepancy between the value of gold and silver reported recovered, and the value reported to have been stored in the vaults? There are a number of possible explanations, from outright theft using the attack as cover, to insurance fraud. Until there is a genuine investigation that probes all the relevant facts and circumstances surrounding the attack, we can only speculate.

Conductivity

Quote Conductivity

http://www.seaperch.org/electricity

Conductivity is the measure of how easily electricity moves through a material. Materials like copper, gold, and iron are easy to pass electricity through, while materials like wood, glass, and plastic are not. Why is this? It is all about freedom of movement of electrons. From the human perspective, a grey piece of plastic is not all that different form a piece of aluminum. Both are hard, can be dented, can bend a little then break, can be shiny or not, and can come in any shape or size. So why is it that the aluminum is a good conductor, but the plastic is not? You have to look at it from an atomic level to understand this.

You can see from the image that electrons in the atomic view of the plastic are stuck in place and have no ability to move around, and the electrons of the metal can move around freely. This is the fundamental difference between something that will carry electricity, and something that wont. It works a lot like dominoes. If you line up 1000 dominoes on end back to back with no space in between (analogous to the plastic) and tap the first domino in line, what will happen? Nothing. The dominoes are not free to move and they just stand there as though nothing happened. Now if you were to line them up again on end, but leave an inch or so between each domino (analogous to the aluminum) and then tap them again, would they just stand there? No, they would obviously fall down, one after another, until the last domino has fallen over at the end of the line.

This is exactly how electricity works, and understanding this will make understanding the rest of the topic much easier. Electricity happens when a force moves the first electron on a surface where electrons are free to move, and this moving electron bumps into the next electron, and so on until the last free electron moves, and since the electrons can't fall over, they are instantly ready to repeat this process. If the last electron happens to come in contact with the initial pushing force, the cycle continues until there is no energy left.
    What is amazing to me as a layman is that people know that electricity makes lights go on and off, it makes motors spin, accounts for weather and even thought, but they don't readily believe that it can destroy a building.

We send people to the electric chair without thinking, "gee. Wouldn't it be great to send the chair to them."

OooooooOOOOOooooOooo!
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 9th October 2013 at 04:41.

2. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: Don't Put Metal in a Microwave: Another Close Look at WTC Site

Aw, no takers

Was hoping a math/science whiz would explain this stuff to me!

3. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://www.redorbit.com/news/science...efore-melting/

Iron In The Earth’s Core Weakens Before Melting
    October 11, 2013

The iron in the Earth’s inner core weakens dramatically before it melts, explaining the unusual properties that exist in the moon-sized solid centre of our planet that have, up until now, been difficult to understand.

Scientists use seismic waves – pulses of energy generated during earthquakes – to measure what is happening in the Earth’s inner core, which at 6000 km beneath our feet is completely inaccessible.

Problematically for researchers, the results of seismic measurements consistently show that these waves move through the Earth’s solid inner core at much slower speeds than predicted by experiments and simulations.

Specifically, a type of seismic wave called a ‘shear wave’ moves particularly slowly through the Earth’s core relative to the speed expected for the material – mainly iron – from which the core is made. Shear waves move through the body of the object in a transverse motion – like waves in a rope, as opposed to waves moving through a slinky spring.

Now, in a paper published in Science, scientists from UCL have proposed a possible explanation. They suggest that the iron in the Earth’s core may weaken dramatically just before melting, becoming much less stiff. The team used quantum mechanical calculations to evaluate the wave velocities of solid iron at inner-core pressure up to melting.

They calculated that at temperatures up to 95% of what is needed to melt iron in the Earth’s inner core, the speed of the seismic waves moving through the inner core decreases linearly but, after 95%, it drops dramatically.

At about 99% of the melting temperature of iron, the team’s calculated velocities agree with seismic data for the Earth’s inner core. Since independent geophysical results suggest that the inner core is likely to be at 99-100% of its melting temperature, the results presented in this paper give a compelling explanation as to why the seismic wave velocities are lower than those predicted previously.

Professor Lidunka Vočadlo, from the UCL department of Earth Sciences and an author of the paper said: “The Earth’s deep interior still holds many mysteries that scientists are trying to unravel.

“The proposed mineral models for the inner core have always shown a faster wave speed than that observed in seismic data. This mismatch has given rise to several complex theories about the state and evolution of the Earth’s core.”

The authors stress that this is not the end of the story as other factors need to be taken into account before a definitive core model can be made. As well as iron, the core contains nickel and light elements, such as silicon and sulphur.

Professor Vočadlo said: “The strong pre-melting effects in iron shown in our paper are an exciting new development in understanding the Earth’s inner core. We are currently working on how this result is affected by the presence of other elements, and we may soon be in a position to produce a simple model for the inner core that is consistent with seismic and other geophysical measurements. ”

4. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://www.barringer1.com/mil_files/NASA-SP-8053.pdf

NUCLEAR AND SPACE RADIATION
    EFFECTS ON MATERIALS

NASA
    SPACE VEHICLE
    DESIGN CRITERIA
    (STRUCTURES)

1. INTRODUCTION . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    2. STATE OF THE ART . . . . . . . . . . .
    2.1 Spacecraft Radiation Environments . . . .
    2.1 .l External Sources . . . . . . . .
    2.1.2 Internal Sources . . . . . . . . .
    2.2 Effects of Radiation on Materials . . . . .
    2.2.1 Metals, Alloys, and Metal-to-Metal Bonds

2.2.2 Polymers . . . . . . . .
    2.2.2.1 Thermosetting Plastics
    2.2.2.2 Thermoplastics . .
    2.2.2.3 Adhesives . . . .
    2.2.2.4 Elastomers . . . .
    2.2.3 Ceramics, Graphite, and Glasses
    2.2.4 Thermal-Con t
    2.3 Tests . . . .
    3. CRITERIA . . . .
    rol Coatings .
    . . . . . . .
    3.1 Spacecraft Radiation Environments .
    3.2 Effects of Radiation on Materials . .
    3.2.1 Mechanical Properties . . . .
    3.2.2 Thermophysical Properties . .
    3.3 Tests . . . , . . . . . . . .
    4. RECOMMENDED PRACTICES . . . . .
    4.1 Spacecraft Radiation Environments .
    4.2 Effects of Radiation on Materials . .

4.2.1 Metals, Alloys, and Metal-to-Metal Bonds

The above is from 1970s.
    Since then, scientists have had more opportunities to study the other end of the spectrum, i.e. how metal behaves when it is extremely hot.

Judging by recent studies of the earth's core and the metal there, iron becomes very elastic right before reaching its melting point.

remember how the metal at WTC looked after the incident?
    Melted, bowed, blackened, warped, expanded.

Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 20th January 2014 at 05:25.

5. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://education.jlab.org/qa/meltingpoint_01.html

Summarizing:

We have assumed that the entire 3,500 gallons of jet fuel was confined to just one floor of the World Trade Center, that the jet fuel burnt with perfect efficency, that no hot gases left this floor, that no heat escaped this floor by conduction and that the steel and concrete had an unlimited amount of time to absorb all the heat.

Then it is impossible that the jet fuel, by itself, raised the temperature of this floor more than 257° C (495° F).

Now this temperature is nowhere near high enough to even begin explaining the World Trade Center Tower collapse.

It is not even close to the first critical temperature of 600° C (1,100° F) where steel loses about half its strength and it is nowhere near the quotes of 1500° C that we constantly read about in our lying media.

"In the mid-1990s British Steel and the Building Research Establishment performed a series of six experiments at Cardington to investigate the behavior of steel frame buildings. These experiments were conducted in a simulated, eight-story building. Secondary steel beams were not protected. Despite the temperature of the steel beams reaching 800-900° C (1,500-1,700° F) in three of the tests (well above the traditionally assumed critical temperature of 600° C (1,100° F), no collapse was observed in any of the six experiments."

6. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This is not very encouraging!

Maybe Angela Merkel, with her understanding of physics, should read this thread?? lol!

When will people start believing my theory could be... plausibly deniable but true??

It is entirely possible that some of the gold was outright destroyed, weakening the owner and strengthening the competitor.
    We've seen this hypothesized in none other than... Goldfinger (lmao! seriously though check it out.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goldfinger_(film)

Quote Bond is recaptured while eavesdropping and tells Goldfinger the reasons why his stated plan to rob the gold repository won't work. Goldfinger hints he doesn't intend to steal the gold, and Bond deduces that Goldfinger will detonate an atomic device containing cobalt and iodine inside the vault, which would supposedly render the gold useless for 58 years. This will increase the value of Goldfinger's own gold and give the Chinese an advantage from the potential economic chaos. Should the authorities be alerted, he would simply detonate the bomb in a major city or target.

Operation Grand Slam begins with Pussy Galore's Flying Circus spraying the gas over Fort Knox. However, Bond had seduced Galore, convincing her to replace the nerve gas with a harmless substance and alert the U.S. government about Goldfinger's plan. The military personnel of Fort Knox convincingly play dead until they are certain that they can prevent the criminals from escaping the base with the bomb.
    @_@* sweatface!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/germany-...-one-year.html

Germany Has Recovered A Paltry 5 Tons Of Gold From The NY Fed After One Year
    Print The Alex Jones Channel Alex Jones Show podcast Prison Planet TV Infowars.com Twitter Alex Jones' Facebook Infowars store
    Zero Hedge
    January 20, 2014

On December 24, we posted an update on Germany’s gold repatriation process: a year after the Bundesbank announced its stunning decision, driven by Zero Hedge revelations, to repatriate 674 tons of gold from the New York Fed and the French Central Bank, it had managed to transfer a paltry 37 tons.

This amount represents just 5% of the stated target, and was well below the 84 tons that the Bundesbank would need to transport each year to collect the 674 tons ratably over the 8 year interval between 2013 and 2020. The release of these numbers promptly angered Germans, and led to the rise of numerous allegations that the reason why the transfer is taking so long is that the gold simply is not in the possession of the offshore custodians, having been leased, or worse, sold without any formal or informal announcement. However, what will certainly not help mute “conspiracy theorists” is today’s update from today’s edition of Die Welt, in which we learn that only a tiny 5 tons of gold were sent from the NY Fed. The rest came from Paris.

As Welt states, “Konnten die Amerikaner nicht mehr liefern, weil sie die bei der Federal Reserve of New York eingelagerten gut 1500 Tonnen längst verscherbelt haben?” Or, in English, did the US sell Germany’s gold? Maybe. The official explanation was as follows: “The Bundesbank explained [the low amount of US gold] by saying that the transports from Paris are simpler and therefore were able to start quickly.” Additionally, the Bundesbank had the “support” of the BIS “which has organized more gold shifts already for other central banks and has appropriate experience – only after months of preparation and safety could transports start with truck and plane.” That would be the same BIS that in 2011 lent out a record 632 tons of gold…

Going back to the main explanation, we wonder: how exactly is a gold transport “simpler” because it originates in Paris and not in New York? Or does the NY Fed gold travel by car along the bottom of the Atlantic, and is French gold transported by a Vespa scooter out of the country?

Supposedly, there was another reason: “The bullion stored in Paris already has the elongated shape with beveled edges of the “London Good Delivery” standard. The bars in the basement of the Fed on the other hand have a previously common form. They will need to be remelted [to LGD standard]. And the capacity of smelters are just limited.”
    So… New York Fed-held gold is not London Good Delivery, and there is a bottleneck in remelting capacity? You don’t say…

Furthermore, Welt goes on to “debunk” various “conspiracy websites” that the reason why the gold is being melted is not to cover up some shortage (and to scrap serial numbers), but that the gold is exactly the same gold as before. Finally, to silences all skeptics, the Bundesbank says that “there is no reason for complaint – the weight and purity of the gold bars were consistent with the books match.” In conclusion, Welt reports that in 2014 “larger transport volumes” can be expected from New York: between 30 and 50 tons.

Here we would be remiss to not point out that the reason why the German people and the Bundesbank have every reason to be skeptical is that as Zero Hedge reported exclusively in November 2012, before the Buba’s shocking repatriation announcement and was the reason for the escalation in lack of faith between central banks, it was the Fed and the Bank of England who in 1968 knowingly sent Germany “bad delivery” gold. Which is why we have a feeling that the pace of gold transportation will certainly not accelerate until such time as the German people much more vocally demand an immediate transit of all their gold held at the New York Fed: after all, it’s there right – surely the Bundesbank can be trusted to melt the gold (if any exists of course) into London Good Delivery or whatever format it wants.

Unless of course, the gold isn’t there…

From November 9, 2012:

Bank Of England To The Fed: “No Indication Should, Of Course, Be Given To The Bundesbank…”

Over the past several years, the German people, for a variety of justified reasons, have expressed a pressing desire to have their central bank perform a test, verification, validation or any other assay, of the official German gold inventory, which at 3,395 tonnes is the second highest in the world, second only to the US. We have italicized the word official because this representation is merely on paper: the problem arises because no member of the general population, or even elected individuals, have been given access to observe this gold. The problem is exacerbated when one considers that a majority of the German gold is held offshore, primarily in the vaults of the New York Fed, and at the Bank of England – the two historic centers of central banking activity in the post World War 2 world.

Recently, the topic of German gold resurfaced following the disclosure that early on in the Eurozone creation process, the Bundesbank secretly withdrew two-thirds of its gold, or 940 tons, from London in 2000, leaving just 500 tons with the Bank of England. As we made it very clear, what was most odd about this event, is that the Bundesbank did something it had every right to do fully in the open: i.e., repatriate what belongs to it for any number of its own reasons – after all the German central bank is only accountable to its people (or so the myth goes), in deep secrecy. The question was why it opted for this stealthy transfer.

This immediately prompted rampant speculation within various media outlets, the most fanciful of which, of course, being that the Bundesbank never had any gold to begin with and has been masking the absence all along. The problem with such speculation is that, while it may be 100% correct and accurate, there has been not a shred of hard evidence to prove it. As a result, it is merely relegated to the echo chamber periphery of “serious media” whose inhabitants are already by and large convinced that all gold in the world is tungsten, lack of actual evidence to validate such a claim be damned (just like a chart of gold spiking or plunging is not evidence that a central bank signed the trade ticket, ordering said move), and in the process delegitimizing any fact-based investigations that attempt to debunk, using hard evidence, the traditional central banker narrative that the gold is there and accounted for.

And hard evidence, or better yet a paper trail of inconsistencies, is absolutely paramount when juxtaposing the two most powerful forces of our times: i) the central banking-led status quo (which is de facto the banker-led oligarchy whose primary purpose in the past several centuries has been to accumulate as much as possible of the hard asset-based fruits of people’s labor, who toil in exchange for “money” created out of thin air – a process which could be described as not quite voluntary slavery, but the phrase would certainly suffice), and ii) “everyone else”, especially when “everyone else” still believes in the supremacy of democratic forces, accountability, and an impartial legal system (three pillars of modern society which over the past 4 years we have experienced time and again have been nothing but mirages). Because without hard evidence, not only is the case of the people against central bankers non-existent, even if conducted in a kangaroo court co-opted by the banker-controlled status quo, it becomes laughable with every iteration of progressively more unsubstantiated accusations against the central banking cartels.

Finally, when it comes to cold, hard facts, which expose central banks in misdeed, even the great central banks have to be silent silent, as otherwise the overt perversion of justice will blow up the mirage that modern society lives in a democratic, laws-based world will be torn upside down.

And while others engage in click-baiting using grotesque hypotheses of grandure without any actual investigation, reporting or error and proof-checking to build up hype and speculation, which promptly fizzles and in the process desensitizes the general public and those actually undecided and/or on the fences about what truly goes on behind the scenes, Zero Hedge travelled (metaphorically) in space – to London, or specifically the Bank of England Archives - and in time, to May 1968 to be precise.

While there we dug up a certain memo, coded C43/323 in the BOE archives, official title “GOLD AND FOREIGN EXCHANGE OFFICE FILE: FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF NEW YORK (FRBNY) – MISCELLANEOUS”, dated May 31, 1968, written by a certain Mr. Robeson addressed to the BOE’s Roy Bridge as well as its Chief Cashier, and whose ultimate recipient is Charles Coombs who at the time was the manager of the open market account at the Fed, responsible for Fed operations in the gold and FX markets.

This memo, more than any of the other spurious and speculative accusation about Buba’s golden hoard, should disturb German citizens, and of course the Bundesbank (assuming it was not already aware of its contents), as the memo lays out, without any shadow of doubt, that the BOE and the Fed, effectively conspired to feed the Bundesbank due gold bars that were of substantially subpar quality on at least one occasion in the period during the Bretton-Woods semi-gold standard (which ended with Nixon in August 1971).
    The facts:
    At least two central banks have conspired on at least one occasion to provide the Bundesbank with what both banks knew was “bad delivery” gold - the convertible reserve currency under the Bretton Woods system, or in other words, to defraud - amounting to 172 bars. The “bad delivery” occured even as official gold refiners had warned that the quality of gold emanating from the US Assay Office was consistently below standard, and which both the BOE and the Fed were aware of. Instead of addressing the issue of declining gold quality and purity, the banks merely covered up the refiners’ complaints

It is this that the Bundesbank, the German government, and the German people should be focusing on. If in the process this means completely ridiculing the Buba’s “she doth protest too much” defense strategy that what is happening in the media is a “phantom debate” as per Andreas Dobret’s recent words, so be it. In fact, one may be well advised to ignore anything Buba has said on this matter, because in attempting to hyperbolize the matter out of irrelevancy, the Buba is now cornered and will have no choice now but to explain just what the true gold content of the gold even in its possession is, let alone that which is allocated to the Buba account 50 feet below sea level, underneath the infamous building on Liberty 33.

Full May 1968 memo from the BOE to the NY Fed: highlights ours:

MR. BRIDGE
    THE CHIEF CASHIER
    U.S. Assay Office Gold Bars

1. We have from time to time had occasion to draw the Americans’ attention of thepoor standards of finish of U.S. Assay Office bars. In addition in 1961 we passed on to them comments from Johnson Matthey to the effect that spectrographic examination did not support the claimed assay on one bar they had so tested(although they would not by normal processes have challenged the assay) and that impurities in the bar included iron which caused some material to be retained on the sides of crucible after pouring.
    2. Recently, Johnson Matthey have put 172 “bad delivery” U.S. Assay Office bars into good delivery form for account of the Deutsche Bundesbank. These bars formed part of recent shipments by the Federal Reserve Bank to provide gold in London in repayment of swaps with the Bundesbank. The out-turn of the re-melting showed a loss in fine ounces terms four times greater than the gross weight loss. Asked to comment Johnson Matthey have indicated verbally that:-
    (a) the mixing of “melt” bars of differing assays in one “pot” could produce a result which might be a contributing factor to a heavier loss in fine weight but they did not think this would be substantial ;
    (b) a variation of .0001 in assay between different assayers is an extremely common phenomenon;
    (c) over a long period of years they had had experience of unsatisfactory U.S. assays
    3. It is not, however, possible to say that the U.S. assays were at fault because Johnson Matthey did not test any of the individual bars before putting them into the pot.
    4. The Federal Reserve Bank have informed the Bundesbank that adjustments for differences in weight and refining charges will be reimbursed by the U.S.Treasury.
    5. No indication should, of course, be given to the Bundesbank, or any other central bank holder of U.S. bars, as to the refiner’s views on them. The peculiarity of the out-turn will be known to the Bundesbank: it has so far occasioned no comment.
    6. We should draw the attention of the Federal to the discrepancy in this (and any similar subsequent such) result and add simply that the refiners have made no formal comment but have indicate that, although very small differences in assay are not uncommon, their experience with U.S. Assay Office bars has not been satisfactory.
    7. We hold 3,909 U.S. Assay Office bars for H.M.T. in London (in addition to the New York holding of 8,630 bars). After the London gold market was reopened in 1954 we test assayed the bars of certain assayers to ensure that pre-war standards were being maintained. It might be premature to set up arrangements now for sample test assays of U.S. Assay Office bars but if it appeared likely that the present discontent of the refiners might crystalise into formal complain we should certainly need to do this. In the meantime I would recommend no further action.

31st May 1968

P.W.R.R.

To summarize: Bank of England discovers discrepancies with US Assay Office gold bars, notifies the NY Fed that its gold bars have major “bad delivery” issues, but, and this is the punchline, on this occasion, we’ll keep it quiet, because the Bundesbank got these bars. This is merely one documented assay occasion: one can imagine that of the hundreds of thousands of gold bars in official circulation, the “good delivery” quality of bars outside of the US, and perhaps BOE, official holdings has progressively declined over the decades of Bretton Woods. One can also only imagine what has happened to all those “good delivery” bars currently held by the Fed as custodian at the NY Fed. Literally: imagine. Because there is no way to check what the real gold consistency of these gold bars is, and whether the refiners found ongoing future inconsistencies with “good delivery” standards of bars handed off to other “non-core” central banks. And, yes, without further evidence the above is merely speculation.

As to the remaining relevant facts: the US ran out of good delivery gold in March 1968 and only had coin bars remaining. Which is why it closed the gold pool and went to a two-tier price system. The Bundesbank went on to cover some of the outstanding gold debts of the Fed to the gold pool. Subsequently, the US then did several deals with the BOC to get a substantial amount of gold to pay back the Bundesbank which was sent over to England from March until June 1968. One can, again, only speculate on the quality of said gold. The Fed then created unsettled accounts to account for these transfers between itself and the Buba.

In light of the above facts and evidence, one can see why the Buba is doing all in its power to avoid the spotlight being shone on the purity of its gold inventory: after all the last thing the German central banks would want is someone to go through the publicly available archived literature, to put two and two together, and figure out that it does not take one massive “rehypothecation” (see “to Corzine”) event for German gold credibility to be impaired: all it takes is death from a thousand micro dilutions over the decades to get the same end result. Because chipping away one ounce here, one ounce there for years and years and years, ultimately adds up to a lot.

We eagerly look forward to the Buba’s next iteration of self-defense. We can only hope that this one does not include a reference to a “phantom debate”, to “East German terrorist Simon Gruber” or to Goldfinger, as it will merely further destroy any remaining credibility the Bundesbank may have left in this, or any other, matter.
    Related posts:

Why Germany Wants to See its US Gold

Chavez Nationalizes Venezuela’s Gold Industry, Recalls Hundreds of Tons of Gold Held Abroad, May Cause a Scramble for Physical Gold From JP Morgan and Others
    Russian Central Bank Buys 100 Tons of Gold
    Russian Banks Buy 181.4 Tons Of Gold In 2013
    The Germans Are Coming for Their Gold
    This article was posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 at 5:48 am

Quote Intrinsic chemistry[edit]

Gold nuggets do not naturally corrode, even on a geological time scale.
    The materials most resistant to corrosion are those for which corrosion is thermodynamically unfavorable. Any corrosion products of gold or platinum tend to decompose spontaneously into pure metal, which is why these elements can be found in metallic form on Earth and have long been valued. More common "base" metals can only be protected by more temporary means.

Some metals have naturally slow reaction kinetics, even though their corrosion is thermodynamically favorable. These include such metals as zinc, magnesium, and cadmium. While corrosion of these metals is continuous and ongoing, it happens at an acceptably slow rate. An extreme example is graphite, which releases large amounts of energy upon oxidation, but has such slow kinetics that it is effectively immune to electrochemical corrosion under normal conditions.
    Quote "As I have ever judged, (saith Pyrophilus) that cautiousness is a very requisite qualification for him that would satisfactorily make curious Experiments; so I thought fit to imploy a more than ordinary measure of it, in making a tryal, whose event I imagined might prove odd enough. And therefore having several time observed that some men are prepossessed, by having a particular Expectation raised in them, and are inclined to think that the do see that happen which they think they should see happen; I resolved to obviate this prejudication as much as innocently I could, and (without telling him anything but the truth, to which Philosophy as well as Religion obliges us to be strictly loyal) I told him but thus much of the truth, that I expected that a small proportion of a Powder presented me by a Foreign Virtuoso, would give a Brittleness to the most flexible and malleable of Metals, Gold it self. Which change I perceived he judged so considerable and unlikely to be affected, that he was greedy of seeing it severly tryed.

Having thus prepared him not to look for all that I my self expected, I caustiously opened the Paper I lately mentioned, but was both surprized and troubled, (as he also was) to find in it so very little Powder, that in stead of two differing tryals that I designed to make with it, there seemed very small hope that it would serve for one, (and that but an imperfect one neither.) For there was so very little Powder, that we could scarce see the colour of it, (save that as afar as I could judge it was of a darkish Red) and we thought it not only dangerous, but useless to attempt to weigh it, in regard we might easily lose it by putting it into, and out of the Balance; and the Weights we had were not small enough for so despicable a quantity of matter; which in words I estimated at an eighth part of a Grain; but my assistant, (whose conjecture I confess my thoughts inclined to prefer) would allow it to be at the most but a tenth of a Grain. Wherefore seeing the utmost we could reasonably hope to do with so very little Powder, was to make one tryal with it, we weighed out in differing Balances two Drams of Gold that had been formerly English Coyn, and that I caused by one that I usually imploy to be cupelled with a sufficient quantity of Lead, and quarted, as they speak, with refined Silver, and purged Aqua fortis, to be sure of the goodness of the Gold: these two Drams I put into a new Crucible, first carefully nealed, and having brought them to fusion by the meer action of the fire, without the help of Borax, or any other Additament, (which of course, though somewhat more laborious, than the most usual we took to obviate scruples) I put into the well melted Metal with my own hand the little parcel of Powder lately mentioned, and continuing the Vessel in the fire for about a quarter of an hour, that the Powder might have time to defuse it self everyway into the Metal, we poured out the well-melted Gold into another Crucible that I had brought with me, that had been gradually heated before to prevent cracking. But though from the first fusion of the Metal, to the pouring out, it had turned in the Crucible like ordinary Gold, save that once my Assistant told me he saw that for two or three moments it lookt almost like an Opale; yet I was somewhat suprized to find that when the matter was grown cold, that though it appeared upon the Balance that we had not lost anything of the weight we put in, yet instead of fine Gold, we had a lump of Metal of a dirty colour, and as it were overcast with a thin coat, almost like half vitrified Litharge; and somewhat to increase the wonder, we perceived that there stuck to one side of the Crucible a little Globule of Metal that lookt not at all yellowish, but like coarse Silver, and the bottom of the Crucible was overlaid with a vitrified substance, whereof one part was of a transparent yellow, and the other of a deep brown, inclining to red; and in this vitrified substance I could plainly perceive sticking at least five or six little Globules that lookt more like impure Silver than pure Gold. In short, this stuff lookt so little like refined, or so much as ordinary, Gold, that though my Friend did much more than I marvel at this change, yet I confes I was suprized at it myself. For though in some particulars it answered what I lookt for, yet in others, it was very differing from that which the Donor of the Powder had, as I though, given me ground to expect. Whether the cause of my disapointment were that (as I formerly intimated) this Virtuoso's haste or design made him leave me in the dark; or whether it were that finding myself in want of sufficient directions, I happily pitched upon such a proportion of Materials, and way of operating, as were proper to make a new Discovery, which the excellent Giver of the Powder had not Designed, or perhaps thought of."

"I shall not at all wonder," saith Cratippus, "either at your Friends amazement, or at your surprize, if your further tryals did in any measure confirm what the superficial change that appeared in your Metal could not but incline you to conjecture."

"You will best judge of that (replies Pyrophilus) by the account I was going to give you of what we did with our odd Metal. And First, having rubbed it upon a good Touchstone, whereon we had likewise rubbed a piece of Coined Gold, we manifestly found that the mark left upon the Stone by our Mass between the marks of the two other Metals, was notoriously more like the Touch of the Silver than that of the Gold. Next, having knockt our little lump with a Hammer, it was (according to my prediction) found brittle, and flew into several pieces. Thirdly, (which is more) even the insides of those peices lookt of a base dirty colour, like that of Brass or worse, for the fragments had a far greater resemblance to Bell-Metal, than either to Gold or Silver. To which we added this fourth, and more considerable, Examen; that having carefully weighed out one Dram of our stuff, (reserving the rest for tials to be suggested by second thoughts) and put it upon an excellent new and well nealed Coppel, with about half a dozen times its weight of Lead, we found, somewhat to our wonder, that though it turned very well like good Gold, yet it continued in the fire above an hour and a half, (which was twice as long as we expected) and yet almost to the very last the fumes copiously ascended, which sufficiently argued the operation to have been well carried on; and when at last it was quite ended, we found the Coppel very smooth and intire, but tinged with a fine purplish red, (which did somewhat surprize us, and besides, the refined Gold, there lay upon the cavity of the Coppel some dark coloured recements, which we concluded to have proceeded from the deteriorated Metal, not from the Lead. But when we came to put our Gold again into the Ballance we found it to weigh only about fifty three Grains, and consequently to have lost seven; which yet we found to be fully made up by that little quantity of recrements that I have lately mentioned, whose Weight and Fixity, compared with their unpromising Colour, did not puzzle us, especially because we had not enough of either of them, or of leisure, to examine their nature. To all which circumstances, I shall subjoin this, that to prevent any scruples that might arise touching the Gold we imployed, I caused a dram and a half that had been purposely reserved out of the same portion with that which had been debased; I caused this (I say) to be in my Assistants presence melted by it self, and found it (as I doubted not but I should do) fine and well-coloured Gold."
    Quote http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5082850AAxPrUw

How do you destroy gold?
    Jon M asked 4 years ago
    I am trying to find if there is anyway that you can actually destroy gold metal if you really wanted to.

Don E Knows answered 4 years ago
    The only way to actually destroy matter is to either change it into some other form of matter, or turn it into energy. This is what Einstein proved about 100 years ago.

So to "destroy" gold, you either put it into a nuclear fission reactor, and change the atoms into others (like platinum or mercury, which are its near neighbors on the Periodic Table), or put it into a nuclear fusion reaction, where it will be broken down atomically into simpler atoms, with enormous quantities of energy released.

As for the practical way to destroy gold, you vaporize it, and the vapor dissapates into a diffuse and useless form. You could also dissolve it into large quantities of solvent (like water).

As a side note :
    If an economically viable way is found to extract gold from sea water, then gold will be demoted to a fairly common element, since there is more gold dissolved in very diffuse form in sea water than in all of the land-based gold mines of the world combined.

Faesson answered 4 years ago
    free chlorine.

the answers that mention aqua regia are correct, even if incomplete.

by mixing the two acids, the NO3 steal the H from the HCl and you get free chlorine... which attacks the gold.

If you are just interested in defacing some gold item, try salt water and an electric current from a BATTERY!

evirustheslaye answered 4 years ago
    nothing really feasable

anti-gold would convert itself and the regular gold into energy.

fuse its atoms to produce a heavier element.

but those require technology and devices that simply don't exist yet.

the sun's gravity isn't high enough to fuse gold

KingHumpty answered 4 years ago
    Nuclear reactor/bomb/particle accelerator / star / blackhole.

Pick one.

Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 21st January 2014 at 11:06.

7. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,323 times in 995 posts

Tesla-WTC-Solution... yes, you are absolutely correct - although I truly haven't had the time to go over everything you've presented. I fully believe that the towers were brought down via a number of modalities, specifically to confuse Everyone.

I suggest that the following were used, possibly with others: conventional explosives, nano-thermite, and particle-beam / energy weapon technology. This last one was particularly dependent upon an Absolutely Clear day, as the 'craft' that employed them were in orbit, or at minimum, very high altitude. There may even have been a high-technology (electro-gravitic) craft employed in the second impact, in combination with holographic projection technology which would also require the need for an absolutely clear day.

For the particle-beam / energy weapon technology, please see Dr. Judy Woods videos... she lays it all out, at least in terms of this particular technology.

The most powerful piece is this item:

The Hutchison Effect:

In Unity Peace and Love
    Last edited by Kindred; 21st January 2014 at 11:29.
    “A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.”
    - Gandalf (J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kindred For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (21st January 2014)

9. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://prola.aps.org/abstract/PR/v162/i3/p528_1

Quote PROLA » Phys. Rev. » Volume 162 » Issue 3
    < Previous Article | Next Article >
    Phys. Rev. 162, 528–531 (1967)
    Phonon Dispersion Relation for Iron

V. J. Minkiewicz, G. Shirane, and R. Nathans
    Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, New York
    Received 26 May 1967; published in the issue dated October 1967
    The room-temperature phonon dispersion relation of α-Fe has been measured by using the neutron-inelastic-scattering technique. Measurements were taken on phonon groups with their wave vectors in the principal symmetry directions. A Born-von-Kármán fifth-neighbor general-force-constant model was used to analyze the data, and the phonon distribution function was obtained from the force-constant model. We see no evidence for anomalous behavior in the phonon-dispersion curves; on the contrary, the phonon spectrum is remarkably well behaved when compared with the results of the experiments performed on other bcc transition metals (Nb, Ta, Mo, and W).
    © 1967 The American Physical Society
    URL: http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRev.162.528
    DOI: 10.1103/PhysRev.162.528
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonon

Quote In physics, a phonon is a collective excitation in a periodic, elastic arrangement of atoms or molecules in condensed matter, such as solids and some liquids. Often referred to as a quasiparticle,[1] it represents an excited state in the quantum mechanical quantization of the modes of vibrations of elastic structures of interacting particles.

Phonons play a major role in many of the physical properties of condensed matter, such as thermal conductivity and electrical conductivity. The study of phonons is an important part of condensed matter physics.

The concept of phonons was introduced in 1932 by Russian physicist Igor Tamm. The name phonon comes from the Greek word φωνή (phonē), which translates as sound or voice because long-wavelength phonons give rise to sound.

A phonon is a quantum mechanical description of an elementary vibrational motion in which a lattice of atoms or molecules uniformly oscillates at a single frequency. In classical mechanics this is known as a normal mode. Normal modes are important because any arbitrary lattice vibration can be considered as a superposition of these elementary vibrations (cf. Fourier analysis). While normal modes are wave-like phenomena in classical mechanics, phonons have particle-like properties as well in a way related to the wave–particle duality of quantum mechanics.
    http://www.tcm.phy.cam.ac.uk/castep/...honons_tut.htm

Quote Calculating phonon spectra for ferromagnetic iron

Purpose: Introduces the use of CASTEP for calculating phonon spectra using the finite difference formalism.

Modules: Materials Visualizer, CASTEP

Time:

Prerequisites: Predicting the lattice parameters of AlAs from first principles, Predicting the thermodynamic properties of germanium

Background

Phonons are an important concept in solid state physics, which provides access to a wide range of important properties such as specific heat, thermal expansion, heat conduction, electron-phonon interactions, resistivity, and superconductivity. Density Functional Theory (DFT) methods are able to predict such properties, and CASTEP provides the necessary functionality. There are two main approaches in lattice dynamics calculations: density functional perturbation theory (DFPT) and the finite displacement method. The first is generally faster and more accurate, but its implementation is problematic and is subject to a set of restrictions. Currently, DFPT in CASTEP can only be used with fixed occupancies (insulators), without spin-polarization, and only for norm-conserving pseudopotentials. So, for a wide class of materials (including magnetic materials and metals), phonon calculations can only be carried out by using the finite displacement algorithm.

Note: The calculations in this tutorial are demanding in terms of CPU time and memory requirements.

http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/docs...199505C841.pdf

Quote JOURNAL DE PHYSIQUE IV
    Colloque C8, suppl6ment au Journal de Physique III, Volume 5, dkembre 1995
    Structural Phase Transformation and Phonon Softening in Iron-Based
    Alloys

H.C. Herper, E. Hoffmann, P. Entel and W. Weber*
    Theoretische Tieftemperaturphysik, Gerhard-Mercator-Universitiit, Gesamthochschule Duisburg, 47048
    Duisburg, Germany * Theoretische Physik II, Universitat Dortmund, 44221 Dortmund, Germany

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar-a...paint_absorber

Quote One of the most commonly known types of RAM is iron ball paint. It contains tiny spheres coated with carbonyl iron or ferrite. Radar waves induce molecular oscillations from the alternating magnetic field in this paint, which leads to conversion of the radar energy into heat. The heat is then transferred to the aircraft and dissipated. The iron particles in the paint are obtained by decomposition of iron pentacarbonyl and may contain traces of carbon, oxygen and nitrogen.[citation needed]
    http://journals.cambridge.org/action...ne&aid=8126050

Articles
    Improved Grindability of Iron Ores using Microwave Energy
    1988 MRS Spring Meeting.
    J. W. Walkiewicza1, S. L. McGilla1 and L. A. Moyera1
    a1 Reno Research Center, Bureau of Mines, U.S. Department of the Interior Reno, NV 89512-2295, U.S.A.
    ABSTRACT

The Bureau of Mines, U.S. Department of the Interior, has conducted studies to utilize rapid microwave heating to stress fracture ore samples. Iron ores containing hematite, magnetite, and goethite were subjected to microwave energy in batch operations at 3 kW and heated to average temperatures between 840° and 940° C. Scanning electron microscope (SEM) photomicrographs verified fracturing along grain boundaries and throughout the gangue matrix. Standard Bond grindability tests showed that microwave heating reduced the work index of iron ores by 9.9 to 23.7 pct. Preliminary studies using a continuous feed belt in a microwave applicator indicated that samples heat more uniformly and with better temperature control than in batch operations.
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 21st January 2014 at 11:27.

10. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://www.intechopen.com/download/g.../pdfs/id/40687

Quote Microwave Heating Applications
    in Mineral Processing

S.M. Javad Koleini and Kianoush Barani
    Additional information is available at the end of the chapter
    http://dx.doi.org/10.5772/45750

1. Introduction
    1.1. History

The thermal treatment of ore to bring about thermal fracturing, and thereby a reduction in
    Ore strength is by no means a novel idea. The first century BC Greek historian, Diodorus
    Siculus, recorded in his Bibliotheca Historica the ancient practice of fire setting, verifying his
    work with that of another Greek historian, Agatharcides, who had visited the gold mines in
    Egypt around the second century BC (Meyer, 19971).

Oldfather, 19672, provides a translation of Diodorus’s account of the practice: “The gold
    bearing earth which is hardest they first burn with a hot fire, and when they have crumbled
    it...they continue the working of it by hand; and the soft rock which can yield to moderate
    effort is crushed with a sledge”.

The practice of fire setting basically consisted of constructing a large fire against the rock
    face to be mined. As the rock heated unevenly, it would fracture internally, severely
    weakening the rock. After the fires died down the rock face would be doused with water,
    though whether this rapid quenching was employed to further weaken the rock or to allow
    the miners to immediately continue working the rock face is not known (The Tech, 1886)3.
    Using this process, it was possible to weaken the rock face to the depth of approximately a
    foot at a time, after which the soft ore was mined and when the harder rock face was again
    encountered, fire setting was again employed (Cowen, 1999)4.

http://www.seas.harvard.edu/hutchinson/papers/416.pdf

Quote Mixed Mode Cracking in Layered Materials - Harvard School of ...
    www.deas.harvard.edu/hutchinson/papers/416.pdf‎
    by JW HUTCHINSON - ‎1992 - ‎Cited by 2619 - ‎Related articles
    Mixed Mode Fracture: Crack Tip Fields and Propagation Criteria A. Isotropic Elastic Solids ..................................................... .. B. Homogeneous, Orthotropic Elastic ...
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 21st January 2014 at 11:36.

11. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture08862.html

Quote Nature 464, 85-89 (4 March 2010) | doi:10.1038/nature08862; Received 21 January 2009; Accepted 27 January 2010

Helical crack-front instability in mixed-mode fracture

Antonio J. Pons1,2 & Alain Karma1

Department of Physics and Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Complex Systems, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
    Present address: Department of Physics and Nuclear Engineering, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Terrassa, Barcelona 08222, Spain.
    Correspondence to: Alain Karma1 Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to A.K. (Email: a.karma@neu.edu).

Top of pageAbstract
    Planar crack propagation under pure tension loading (mode I) is generally stable. However, it becomes universally unstable with the superposition of a shear stress parallel to the crack front (mode III). Under this mixed-mode (I + III) loading configuration, an initially flat parent crack segments into an array of daughter cracks that rotate towards a direction of maximum tensile stress1. This segmentation produces stepped fracture surfaces with characteristic ‘lance-shaped’ markings observed in a wide range of engineering2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and geological materials1, 8. The origin of this instability remains poorly understood and a theory with which to predict the surface roughness scale is lacking. Here we perform large-scale simulations of mixed-mode I + III brittle fracture using a continuum phase-field method9, 10, 11 that describes the complete three-dimensional crack-front evolution. The simulations reveal that planar crack propagation is linearly unstable against helical deformations of the crack front, which evolve nonlinearly into a segmented array of finger-shaped daughter cracks. Furthermore, during their evolution, facets gradually coarsen owing to the growth competition of daughter cracks in striking analogy with the coarsening of finger patterns observed in nonequilibrium growth phenomena12, 13, 14. We show that the dynamically preferred unstable wavelength is governed by the balance of the destabilizing effect of far-field stresses and the stabilizing effect of cohesive forces on the process zone scale, and we derive a theoretical estimate for this scale using a new propagation law for curved cracks in three dimensions. The rotation angles of coarsened facets are also compared to theoretical predictions and available experimental data.

Department of Physics and Center for Interdisciplinary Research on Complex Systems, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
    Present address: Department of Physics and Nuclear Engineering, Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Terrassa, Barcelona 08222, Spain.
    Correspondence to: Alain Karma1 Correspondence and requests for materials should be addressed to A.K. (Email: a.karma@neu.edu).

To read this story in full you will need to login or make a payment (see right).
    http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/towerblast.html

Quote EDITOR: debate boils down to which came first the chicken or the egg? Did the collapse of the South tower cause a mushroom-shaped plume to appear remotely near building 6 or 7, or did a detonation at 6-7 [possibly a pulsed blast at a precise harmonic frequency] do a death-knell to the weakened towers?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1554560.stm

Quote Thursday, 20 September, 2001, 14:47 GMT 15:47 UK
    Collapsing towers caused seismic shock
    Graphic BBC
    By BBC News Online science editor Dr David Whitehouse
    The devastating impacts on the twin towers of the World Trade Center and their subsequent collapse shook the ground with the force of a small earthquake.

Scientists have released seismic recordings made at several monitoring stations situated in northeast America.

The seismic signals generated by the collapsing north and south towers were much stronger than those from the two airliner impacts.

Many smaller signals were registered at the Palisades monitoring station - a short distance from Manhattan - that may have originated from the further collapse of the Twin Towers and the fall of walls and other debris in the surrounding area.
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 21st January 2014 at 11:52.

12. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://prx.aps.org/abstract/PRX/v3/i1/e011005

APS » Journals » Phys. Rev. X » Volume 3 » Issue 1
    < Previous Article | Next Article >
    Phys. Rev. X 3, 011005 (2013) [8 pages]
    Squeezed Thermal Phonons Precurse Nonthermal Melting of Silicon as a Function of Fluence

Popular Summary: When a crystalline solid such as silicon is exposed to a laser beam of very high intensity, what happens to the crystal? It melts, even when the laser beam is an extremely short pulse of femtosecond duration, but not in the same way as it would if it were heated up slowly. Such lase… Read Full Popular Summary

Eeuwe S. Zijlstra1,2,*, Alan Kalitsov1,3, Tobias Zier1,2, and Martin E. Garcia1,2
    1Theoretical Physics, University of Kassel, Heinrich-Plett-Strasse 40, 34132 Kassel, Germany
    2Center for Interdisciplinary Nanostructure Science and Technology (CINSaT), Heinrich-Plett-Strasse 40, 34132 Kassel, Germany
    3Department of Physics, University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00931, USA
    Creative Commons Received 14 June 2012; revised 18 October 2012; published 29 January 2013

A femtosecond-laser pulse can induce ultrafast nonthermal melting of various materials along pathways that are inaccessible under thermodynamic conditions, but it is not known whether there is any structural modification at fluences just below the melting threshold. Here, we show for silicon that in this regime the room-temperature phonons become thermally squeezed, which is a process that has not been reported before in this material. We find that the origin of this effect is the sudden femtosecond-laser-induced softening of interatomic bonds, which can also be described in terms of a modification of the potential energy surface. We further find in ab initio molecular-dynamics simulations on laser-excited potential energy surfaces that the atoms move in the same directions during the first stages of nonthermal melting and thermal phonon squeezing. Our results demonstrate how femtosecond-laser-induced coherent fluctuations precurse complete atomic disordering as a function of fluence. The common underlying bond-softening mechanism indicates that this relation between thermal squeezing and nonthermal melting is not material specific.

Published by the American Physical Society under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License. Further distribution of this work must maintain attribution to the author(s) and the published article’s title, journal citation, and DOI.
    Published by the American Physical Society
    URL: http://link.aps.org/doi/10.1103/PhysRevX.3.011005
    DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevX.3.011005
    PACS: 42.65.Re, 71.15.Pd, 64.70.D-, 63.20.kg
    Subject Areas: Computational Physics, Materials Science, Semiconductor Physics
    *zijlstra@uni-kassel.de

13. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...-gold/6709493/

Top 10 nations stockpiling gold

Eric McWhinnie, Wall St. Cheat Sheet 12:03 p.m. EDT March 22, 2014

Quote Discussions involving gold hoarders tend to generate images of the stereotypical nervous Nellie hiding out somewhere in the wilderness. Uncivilized and irrational, they count their so-called barbaric stacks of gold, which are located next to a lifetime supply of canned goods. While this portrayal may be amusing, the biggest hoarders of gold are some of the most advanced nations in the world.

Last year, global gold demand reached 3,756.1 tonnes or metric "tons" -- nearly 3.8 million kilograms, or 8.3 million pounds. That amount is valued at $170 billion, according to the World Gold Council. Demand was down from the prior year due to heavy outflows in exchange-traded funds and similar products, but bar and coin demand surged 28% year-over-year as investors still had an appetite for hard assets.

With gold prices posting their first annual loss in more than a decade, central banks around the world purchased 368.9 tonnes of gold in 2013, above the five-year average of 282.6 tonnes. Let's take a look at the ten nations with the largest gold reserves, based on the latest international financial statistics and the WGC.

10. India

India officially holds 557.7 tonnes of gold, which represents 7.6% of its reserves. In 2009, the nation purchased 200 tonnes of gold from the International Monetary Fund for $6.7 billion. It was the IMF's first such sale in almost a decade. India is the second-largest gold consumer in the world, and also a big believer in silver.

India is home to the tenth-largest economy in the world but consumes more silver than any other country. In 2013, India imported an estimated 5,400 tonnes of silver, according to Endeavour Silver. That is more than double the 1,900 tonnes imported in 2012 and higher than the recent peak of 5,049 tonnes imported in 2008. Of the world's annual silver production, India consumes more than 20%.

9. Netherlands

With a large economy in relation to its population, the Netherlands holds 612.5 tonnes of gold, which represents 52.6% of its reserves. In 2013, a citizens committee in the nation filed a petition demanding the central bank release information about the Netherlands gold hoard, including the storage location. It is estimated that the majority of the nation's stockpile is held abroad.

8. Japan

After two decades of low interest rates, it's not too surprising that Japan has one of the largest gold reserves in the world. The nation holds 765.2 tonnes of gold, representing only 2.4% of its reserves.

Interestingly, the Japanese yen and gold became a well-known investment pick for 2014. Kyle Bass, founder of Hayman Capital, recently said that if he could only put on one trade for the next ten years it would be to purchase gold in yen.

7. Russia

Russia holds 1,034.7 tonnes of gold, which represents 8.3% of its reserves. Russia has more than doubled its gold reserves in recent years and is likely to keep buying. In 2011, Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin claimed the United States was "like a parasite" on the global economy and said the dominance of the dollar as a world reserve currency is a threat to the financial system. In 2013, Russia's central bank added 77 tonnes of gold to its official reserves.

6. Switzerland

The land of international banking holds 1,040.1 tonnes of gold, which represents 7.8% of its reserves. Some citizens feel very strongly about gold. Last year, the Swiss People's Party collected enough signatures to force a referendum on a proposal to prevent the nation's central bank form selling any of its gold reserves and require it to hold at least 20% of its assets in the precious metal.

5. China

The world's second-largest economy holds 1,054.1 tonnes of gold, which represents only 1.1% of its reserves. However, this underestimates China's true holdings. The People's Bank of China has not formally disclosed any changes to its gold holdings in years, and it's widely believed that the central bank is purchasing gold to diversify its reserve holdings.

In 2009, China announced that it boosted its gold reserves by 454 tonnes via acquiring gold quietly over the previous five years. It represented an impressive 76% increase in gold reserves. Today, China is estimated by gold analysts to have around 2,000-3,000 tonnes of gold reserves. Meanwhile, consumer demand for gold in China exceeded expectations and set a new record of 1,065.8 tonnes in 2013, topping India's 974.8 tonnes.

4. France

France holds 2,435.4 tonnes of gold, which represents about 64.3% of its reserves. The nation has been relatively quiet in the gold market, but six men were arrested in Paris and surrounding areas for involvement in stealing gold bars worth about 1.6 million euros from an Air France plane. On September 19, the gold was stolen from the plane shortly before it left Paris's Charles de Gaulle airport. The plane was bound for Switzerland.

3. Italy

During the depths of the eurozone crisis, some analysts recommended that Italy use its gold stockpile to raise funds and restore confidence. However, the nation still holds 2,451.8 tonnes of gold, representing 65.9% of its reserves.

2. Germany

Much like Italy, speculation suggested that Germany might ultimately use its gold reserves to boost the European bailout fund, but this never materialized. Germany holds 3,387.1 tonnes of gold, which represents 67.1% of reserves.

At the beginning of 2013, Germany's Bundesbank confirmed reports and announced that it will repatriate a portion of its foreign gold reserves. Over the next seven years, the central bank intends to store half of Germany's gold reserves in its own vaults within the country, compared to only 31% now. The other half will remain in New York and London.

In a press release, the central bank explained said, "With this new storage plan, the Bundesbank is focusing on the two primary functions of the gold reserves: to build trust and confidence domestically, and the ability to exchange gold for foreign currencies at gold trading centers abroad within a short space of time."

1. United States

Despite ending the gold standard in 1971, the world's largest economy holds 8,133.5 tonnes of gold, representing 71% of reserves. On August 15, 1971, President Nixon made the following statement that gold bugs will remember forever.

"In recent weeks, the speculators have been waging an all-out war on the American dollar. The strength of a nation's currency is based on the strength of that nation's economy — and the American economy is by far the strongest in the world," he said. "Accordingly, I have directed the Secretary of the Treasury to take the action necessary to defend the dollar against the speculators. I have directed Secretary Connally to suspend temporarily the convertibility of the American dollar except in amounts and conditions determined to be in the interest of monetary stability and in the best interests of the United States."

Wall St. Cheat Sheet is a USA TODAY content partner offering financial news and commentary. Its content is produced independently of USA TODAY.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/u-s-dol...s-gold/5321894

U.S. Dollar Collapse: Where is Germany’s Gold?

By Peter Schiff
    Global Research, January 20, 2014
    LewRockwell.com 5 February 2013
    Region: USA
    Theme: Global Economy

Quote This Article was first published in February 2013

The financial world was shocked this month by a demand from Germany’s Bundesbank to repatriate a large portion of its gold reserves held abroad. By 2020, Germany wants 50% of its total gold reserves back in Frankfurt – including 300 tons from the Federal Reserve. The Bundesbank’s announcement comes just three months after the Fed refused to submit to an audit of its holdings on Germany’s behalf. One cannot help but wonder if the refusal triggered the demand.

Either way, Germany appears to be waking up to a reality for which central banks around the world have been preparing: the dollar is no longer the world’s safe-haven asset and the US government is no longer a trustworthy banker for foreign nations. It looks like their fears are well-grounded, given the Fed’s seeming inability to return what is legally Germany’s gold in a timely manner. Germany is a developed and powerful nation with the second largest gold reserves in the world. If they can’t rely on Washington to keep its promises, who can?

Where is Germany’s Gold?

The impact of Germany’s repatriation on the dollar revolves around an unanswered question: why will it take seven years to complete the transfer?

The popular explanation is that the Fed has already rehypothecated all of its gold holdings in the name of other countries. That is, the same mound of bullion is earmarked as collateral for a host of different lenders. Since the Fed depends on a fractional-reserve banking system for its very existence, it would not come as a surprise that it has become a fractional-reserve bank itself. If so, then perhaps Germany politely asked for a seven-year timeline in order to allow the Fed to save face, and to prevent other depositors from clamoring for their own gold back – a ‘run’ on the Fed.

Now, the Fed can always print more dollars and buy gold on the open market to make up for any shortfall, but such a move could substantially increase the price of gold. The last thing the Fed needs is another gold price spike reminding the world of the dollar’s decline.

Speculation Aside

None of these theories are substantiated, but no matter how you slice it, Germany’s request for its gold does not bode well for the future of the dollar. In fact, the Bundesbank’s official statements are all you need to confirm the Germans’ waning faith in the US.

Last October, after the Bundesbank had requested an audit of its Fed holdings, Executive Board Member Carl-Ludwig Thiele was asked in an interview why the bank kept so much of Germany’s gold overseas. His response emphasized the importance of the dollar as the world’s reserve currency:

Thiele’s statement can lead us to only one conclusion: by keeping fewer reserves in the US, Germany foresees less future need for “US dollar-denominated liquidity.”"Gold stored in your home safe is not immediately available as collateral in case you need foreign currency. Take, for instance, the key role that the US dollar plays as a reserve currency in the global financial system. The gold held with the New York Fed can, in a crisis, be pledged with the Federal Reserve Bank as collateral against US dollar-denominated liquidity.”

History Repeats

The whole situation mirrors the late 1960s, during a period that led up to the “Nixon Shock.” Back then, the world was on the Bretton Woods System – an attempt on the part of Western central bankers to pin the dollar to gold at a fixed rate, while still allowing the metal to trade privately as a commodity. This led to a gap between the market price of gold as a commodity and the official price available from the Treasury.

As the true value of gold separated further and further from its official rate, the world began to realize the system was unsustainable, and many suspected the US was not serious about maintaining a strong dollar. West Germany moved first on these fears by redeeming its dollar reserves for gold, followed by France, Switzerland, and others. This eventually culminated in Nixon “closing the gold window” in 1971 by ending any link between the dollar and gold. This “Nixon Shock” spurred chronic inflation throughout the ’70s and a concurrent rally in gold.

Perhaps the entire international community is thinking back to the ’60s, because Germany isn’t the only country maneuvering away from the dollar today. The Netherlands and Azerbaijan are also discussing repatriating their foreign gold holdings. And every month, we hear about central banks increasing gold reserves. The latest are Russia and Kazakhstan, but in the last year, countries from Brazil to Turkey have been adding to their gold holdings in order to diversify away from fiat currency reserves.

And don’t forget China. Once the biggest purchaser of US bonds, it is now a net seller of Treasuries, while simultaneously gobbling up gold. Some sources even claim that China has unofficially surpassed Germany as the second largest holder of gold in the world.

Unlike the ’60s, today there is no official gold window to close. There will be no reported “shock” indicator of a dollar flight. This demand by Germany may be the closest indicator we’re going to get. Placing blame where it’s due, let’s call it the “Bernanke Shock.”

It Takes One to Know One

In last month’s Gold Letter, I wrote about the three pillars supporting the US Treasury’s persistently low interest rates: the Fed, domestic investors, and foreign central banks – led by Japan. I examined how Japan’s plans to radically devalue the yen may undermine that country’s ability to continue buying Treasuries, which could cause the other pillars to become unstable as well.

While private investors and even the Fed might be deluding themselves into believing US bonds are still a viable investment, Germany’s repatriation news makes it clear that foreign governments are no longer buying the propaganda. And why should they? If anyone should appreciate the real constraints the US government is facing, it is other governments.

Our sovereign creditors know that Ben Bernanke and Barack Obama are just regular men in fancy suits. They know the Fed isn’t harboring some ingenious plan for raising interest rates while successfully selling back its worthless mortgage and government securities. Instead, the Fed is like a drug addict making any excuse to get its next fix. [See Bernanke's tell-all interview with Oprah where he confesses to economic doping!]

US investors should be as shocked as the Bundesbank about the Fed’s deception. While we cannot redeem our dollars for gold with the Fed, we can still buy gold with them in the open market. As more investors and governments choose to save in precious metals, the dollar’s value will go into steeper and steeper decline – thereby driving more investors into metals. That’s when the virtuous circle upon which the dollar has coasted for a generation will quickly turn vicious.

Peter Schiff is president of Euro Pacific Capital and author of The Little Book of Bull Moves in Bear Markets and Crash Proof: How to Profit from the Coming Economic Collapse. His latest book is The Real Crash: America’s Coming Bankruptcy, How to Save Yourself and Your Country.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-0...after-one-year

Germany Has Recovered A Paltry 5 Tons Of Gold From The NY Fed After One Year

Tyler Durden's picture
    Submitted by Tyler Durden on 01/19/2014 23:35 -0400

Quote On December 24, we posted an update on Germany's gold repatriation process: a year after the Bundesbank announced its stunning decision, driven by Zero Hedge revelations, to repatriate 674 tons of gold from the New York Fed and the French Central Bank, it had managed to transfer a paltry 37 tons. This amount represents just 5% of the stated target, and was well below the 84 tons that the Bundesbank would need to transport each year to collect the 674 tons ratably over the 8 year interval between 2013 and 2020. The release of these numbers promptly angered Germans, and led to the rise of numerous allegations that the reason why the transfer is taking so long is that the gold simply is not in the possession of the offshore custodians, having been leased, or worse, sold without any formal or informal announcement. However, what will certainly not help mute "conspiracy theorists" is today's update from today's edition of Die Welt, in which we learn that only a tiny 5 tons of gold were sent from the NY Fed. The rest came from Paris.

As Welt states, "Konnten die Amerikaner nicht mehr liefern, weil sie die bei der Federal Reserve of New York eingelagerten gut 1500 Tonnen längst verscherbelt haben?" Or, in English, did the US sell Germany's gold? Maybe. The official explanation was as follows: "The Bundesbank explained [the low amount of US gold] by saying that the transports from Paris are simpler and therefore were able to start quickly." Additionally, the Bundesbank had the "support" of the BIS "which has organized more gold shifts already for other central banks and has appropriate experience - only after months of preparation and safety could transports start with truck and plane." That would be the same BIS that in 2011 lent out a record 632 tons of gold...

Going back to the main explanation, we wonder: how exactly is a gold transport "simpler" because it originates in Paris and not in New York? Or does the NY Fed gold travel by car along the bottom of the Atlantic, and is French gold transported by a Vespa scooter out of the country?

Supposedly, there was another reason: "The bullion stored in Paris already has the elongated shape with beveled edges of the "London Good Delivery" standard. The bars in the basement of the Fed on the other hand have a previously common form. They will need to be remelted [to LGD standard]. And the capacity of smelters are just limited."

So... New York Fed-held gold is not London Good Delivery, and there is a bottleneck in remelting capacity? You don't say...

Furthermore, Welt goes on to "debunk" various "conspiracy websites" that the reason why the gold is being melted is not to cover up some shortage (and to scrap serial numbers), but that the gold is exactly the same gold as before. Finally, to silences all skeptics, the Bundesbank says that "there is no reason for complaint - the weight and purity of the gold bars were consistent with the books match." In conclusion, Welt reports that in 2014 "larger transport volumes" can be expected from New York: between 30 and 50 tons.

Here we would be remiss to not point out that the reason why the German people and the Bundesbank have every reason to be skeptical is that as Zero Hedge reported exclusively in November 2012, before the Buba's shocking repatriation announcement and was the reason for the escalation in lack of faith between central banks, it was the Fed and the Bank of England who in 1968 knowingly sent Germany "bad delivery" gold. Which is why we have a feeling that the pace of gold transportation will certainly not accelerate until such time as the German people much more vocally demand an immediate transit of all their gold held at the New York Fed: after all, it's there right - surely the Bundesbank can be trusted to melt the gold (if any exists of course) into London Good Delivery or whatever format it wants.

Unless of course, the gold isn't there...

From November 9, 2012:

Bank Of England To The Fed: "No Indication Should, Of Course, Be Given To The Bundesbank..."

Over the past several years, the German people, for a variety of justified reasons, have expressed a pressing desire to have their central bank perform a test, verification, validation or any other assay, of the official German gold inventory, which at 3,395 tonnes is the second highest in the world, second only to the US. We have italicized the word official because this representation is merely on paper: the problem arises because no member of the general population, or even elected individuals, have been given access to observe this gold. The problem is exacerbated when one considers that a majority of the German gold is held offshore, primarily in the vaults of the New York Fed, and at the Bank of England - the two historic centers of central banking activity in the post World War 2 world.

Recently, the topic of German gold resurfaced following the disclosure that early on in the Eurozone creation process, the Bundesbank secretly withdrew two-thirds of its gold, or 940 tons, from London in 2000, leaving just 500 tons with the Bank of England. As we made it very clear, what was most odd about this event, is that the Bundesbank did something it had every right to do fully in the open: i.e., repatriate what belongs to it for any number of its own reasons - after all the German central bank is only accountable to its people (or so the myth goes), in deep secrecy. The question was why it opted for this stealthy transfer.

This immediately prompted rampant speculation within various media outlets, the most fanciful of which, of course, being that the Bundesbank never had any gold to begin with and has been masking the absence all along. The problem with such speculation is that, while it may be 100% correct and accurate, there has been not a shred of hard evidence to prove it. As a result, it is merely relegated to the echo chamber periphery of "serious media" whose inhabitants are already by and large convinced that all gold in the world is tungsten, lack of actual evidence to validate such a claim be damned (just like a chart of gold spiking or plunging is not evidence that a central bank signed the trade ticket, ordering said move), and in the process delegitimizing any fact-based investigations that attempt to debunk, using hard evidence, the traditional central banker narrative that the gold is there and accounted for.

And hard evidence, or better yet a paper trail of inconsistencies, is absolutely paramount when juxtaposing the two most powerful forces of our times: i) the central banking-led status quo (which is de facto the banker-led oligarchy whose primary purpose in the past several centuries has been to accumulate as much as possible of the hard asset-based fruits of people's labor, who toil in exchange for "money" created out of thin air - a process which could be described as not quite voluntary slavery, but the phrase would certainly suffice), and ii) "everyone else", especially when "everyone else" still believes in the supremacy of democratic forces, accountability, and an impartial legal system (three pillars of modern society which over the past 4 years we have experienced time and again have been nothing but mirages). Because without hard evidence, not only is the case of the people against central bankers non-existent, even if conducted in a kangaroo court co-opted by the banker-controlled status quo, it becomes laughable with every iteration of progressively more unsubstantiated accusations against the central banking cartels.

Finally, when it comes to cold, hard facts, which expose central banks in misdeed, even the great central banks have to be silent silent, as otherwise the overt perversion of justice will blow up the mirage that modern society lives in a democratic, laws-based world will be torn upside down.

And while others engage in click-baiting using grotesque hypotheses of grandure without any actual investigation, reporting or error and proof-checking to build up hype and speculation, which promptly fizzles and in the process desensitizes the general public and those actually undecided and/or on the fences about what truly goes on behind the scenes, Zero Hedge travelled (metaphorically) in space - to London, or specifically the Bank of England Archives - and in time, to May 1968 to be precise.

While there we dug up a certain memo, coded C43/323 in the BOE archives, official title "GOLD AND FOREIGN EXCHANGE OFFICE FILE: FEDERAL RESERVE BANK OF NEW YORK (FRBNY) - MISCELLANEOUS", dated May 31, 1968, written by a certain Mr. Robeson addressed to the BOE's Roy Bridge as well as its Chief Cashier, and whose ultimate recipient is Charles Coombs who at the time was the manager of the open market account at the Fed, responsible for Fed operations in the gold and FX markets.

This memo, more than any of the other spurious and speculative accusation about Buba's golden hoard, should disturb German citizens, and of course the Bundesbank (assuming it was not already aware of its contents), as the memo lays out, without any shadow of doubt, that the BOE and the Fed, effectively conspired to feed the Bundesbank due gold bars that were of substantially subpar quality on at least one occasion in the period during the Bretton-Woods semi-gold standard (which ended with Nixon in August 1971).

The facts:

At least two central banks have conspired on at least one occasion to provide the Bundesbank with what both banks knew was "bad delivery" gold - the convertible reserve currency under the Bretton Woods system, or in other words, to defraud - amounting to 172 bars. The "bad delivery" occured even as official gold refiners had warned that the quality of gold emanating from the US Assay Office was consistently below standard, and which both the BOE and the Fed were aware of. Instead of addressing the issue of declining gold quality and purity, the banks merely covered up the refiners' complaints

It is this that the Bundesbank, the German government, and the German people should be focusing on. If in the process this means completely ridiculing the Buba's "she doth protest too much" defense strategy that what is happening in the media is a "phantom debate" as per Andreas Dobret's recent words, so be it. In fact, one may be well advised to ignore anything Buba has said on this matter, because in attempting to hyperbolize the matter out of irrelevancy, the Buba is now cornered and will have no choice now but to explain just what the true gold content of the gold even in its possession is, let alone that which is allocated to the Buba account 50 feet below sea level, underneath the infamous building on Liberty 33.

Full May 1968 memo from the BOE to the NY Fed: highlights ours:

MR. BRIDGE

THE CHIEF CASHIER

U.S. Assay Office Gold Bars

1. We have from time to time had occasion to draw the Americans’ attention of the poor standards of finish of U.S. Assay Office bars. In addition in 1961 we passed on to them comments from Johnson Matthey to the effect that spectrographic examination did not support the claimed assay on one bar they had so tested (although they would not by normal processes have challenged the assay) and that impurities in the bar included iron which caused some material to be retained on the sides of crucible after pouring.

2. Recently, Johnson Matthey have put 172 “bad delivery” U.S. Assay Office bars into good delivery form for account of the Deutsche Bundesbank. These bars formed part of recent shipments by the Federal Reserve Bank to provide gold in London in repayment of swaps with the Bundesbank. The out-turn of the re-melting showed a loss in fine ounces terms four times greater than the gross weight loss. Asked to comment Johnson Matthey have indicated verbally that:-

(a) the mixing of “melt” bars of differing assays in one “pot” could produce a result which might be a contributing factor to a heavier loss in fine weight but they did not think this would be substantial ;

(b) a variation of .0001 in assay between different assayers is an extremely common phenomenon;

(c) over a long period of years they had had experience of unsatisfactory U.S. assays

3. It is not, however, possible to say that the U.S. assays were at fault because Johnson Matthey did not test any of the individual bars before putting them into the pot.

4. The Federal Reserve Bank have informed the Bundesbank that adjustments for differences in weight and refining charges will be reimbursed by the U.S.Treasury.

5. No indication should, of course, be given to the Bundesbank, or any other central bank holder of U.S. bars, as to the refiner’s views on them. The peculiarity of the out-turn will be known to the Bundesbank: it has so far occasioned no comment.

6. We should draw the attention of the Federal to the discrepancy in this (and any similar subsequent such) result and add simply that the refiners have made no formal comment but have indicate that, although very small differences in assay are not uncommon, their experience with U.S. Assay Office bars has not been satisfactory.

7. We hold 3,909 U.S. Assay Office bars for H.M.T. in London (in addition to the New York holding of 8,630 bars). After the London gold market was reopened in 1954 we test assayed the bars of certain assayers to ensure that pre-war standards were being maintained. It might be premature to set up arrangements now for sample test assays of U.S. Assay Office bars but if it appeared likely that the present discontent of the refiners might crystalise into formal complain we should certainly need to do this. In the meantime I would recommend no further action.

31st May 1968

P.W.R.R.

To summarize: Bank of England discovers discrepancies with US Assay Office gold bars, notifies the NY Fed that its gold bars have major "bad delivery" issues, but, and this is the punchline, on this occasion, we'll keep it quiet, because the Bundesbank got these bars. This is merely one documented assay occasion: one can imagine that of the hundreds of thousands of gold bars in official circulation, the "good delivery" quality of bars outside of the US, and perhaps BOE, official holdings has progressively declined over the decades of Bretton Woods. One can also only imagine what has happened to all those "good delivery" bars currently held by the Fed as custodian at the NY Fed. Literally: imagine. Because there is no way to check what the real gold consistency of these gold bars is, and whether the refiners found ongoing future inconsistencies with "good delivery" standards of bars handed off to other "non-core" central banks. And, yes, without further evidence the above is merely speculation.

As to the remaining relevant facts: the US ran out of good delivery gold in March 1968 and only had coin bars remaining. Which is why it closed the gold pool and went to a two-tier price system. The Bundesbank went on to cover some of the outstanding gold debts of the Fed to the gold pool. Subsequently, the US then did several deals with the BOC to get a substantial amount of gold to pay back the Bundesbank which was sent over to England from March until June 1968. One can, again, only speculate on the quality of said gold. The Fed then created unsettled accounts to account for these transfers between itself and the Buba.

In light of the above facts and evidence, one can see why the Buba is doing all in its power to avoid the spotlight being shone on the purity of its gold inventory: after all the last thing the German central banks would want is someone to go through the publicly available archived literature, to put two and two together, and figure out that it does not take one massive "rehypothecation" (see "to Corzine") event for German gold credibility to be impaired: all it takes is death from a thousand micro dilutions over the decades to get the same end result. Because chipping away one ounce here, one ounce there for years and years and years, ultimately adds up to a lot.

We eagerly look forward to the Buba's next iteration of self-defense. We can only hope that this one does not include a reference to a "phantom debate", to "East German terrorist Simon Gruber" or to Goldfinger, as it will merely further destroy any remaining credibility the Bundesbank may have left in this, or any other, matter.

http://www.mining.com/bubba-explains...ts-gold-73709/

Buba explains why US only gave Germany back 5 tonnes of gold

Frik Els | February 24, 2014

Quote On January 16, 2013 Germany's central bank, the Bundesbank, said it will ship back home all 374 tonnes it had stored with the Banque de France in Paris, as well as 300 tonnes held in Manhattan by the US Federal Reserve, by 2020.

Fast forward a year and Buba, as the Federal Bank of Germany is affectionately (or maybe not) known, has only managed to bring home a paltry 37 tonnes of gold.

And a mere 5 tonnes of that came from the US, the rest from Paris. The US Fed holds 45% of the total 3,396 tonnes German gold.

Needless to say this prompted renewed questions whether Germany's gold still exists in those Manhattan vaults or if it has been melted down, leased or even sold.

At the time of the original Bundesbank announcement, there were rumours that Germany wanted their gold back because the Fed refused German officials a viewing of the bullion a couple of months earlier.

In an extensive interview with German business publication Handelblatt, executive board member Carl-Ludwig Thiele, tries to lay to rest all the rumours about the program which was designed as a "trust-building" measure among the German people:
    There are these rumours that either the gold in New York is no longer there or you do not have unrestricted access to it. Why have you not called in auditors or other externals to oversee the transfers in response to such rumours?
    It astounds me that Handelsblatt pays any attention to such absurd rumours. I was in New York myself in June 2012 with the colleagues responsible for managing the gold reserves and saw for myself how our money is stored in the vault there. The Americans have never stonewalled or hindered us in any way. On the contrary, their cooperation has been most constructive in every respect. Our internal audit team was present last year during the on-site removal of gold bars and closely monitored everything. The smelting process is also being monitored by independent experts.
    The Americans have never stonewalled or hindered us in any way.
    Does this also apply to opportunities to inspect the stocks?You said a year ago that discussions on the matter with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York were making good progress.

That is correct. We have enjoyed an excellent relationship of trust with the New York Fed for many decades. As regards the details of the contracts, however, we are bound by confidentiality which we cannot unilaterally break. From my visit to New York, I can tell you that a number of bars selected by us were removed, inspected and reweighed even while I was there. The inspections conducted by our internal audit team, during which an external auditor was also present, were also completed to our utmost satisfaction.

Was an external auditor present during your visit to the New York Fed gold storage facility in June 2012?

No, not during my visit. However, an external auditor was present for part of the time during the internal audit team’s inspection of stocks.

Did the gold from New York have to be melted down immediately?

The gold was removed from the vault in the presence of the internal audit team and transported to Europe. Only once the gold had arrived in Europe was it melted down and brought to the current bar standard. Some of the bars in our stocks in New York were produced before the Second World War. It was confirmed after the melting process, as anticipated, that these bars were absolutely fine.

[...]

If the intention was to build trust, would it not have been better to postpone the smelting process so that you would have been able to present sceptics with the original bars?

Prior to transportation, the original gold bars were handed over to us in New York. Our internal audit team checked the numbers of the bars there and then against its own lists. The very same gold arrived at the European gold smelters that we had commissioned. This ought to demonstrate to everyone that such conspiracy theories are completely unfounded.

German gold is also held at The Bank of England which stores 13% in London, while the Bank of France in Paris has 11% in total and the remainder is held at the Bundesbank's headquarters in Frankfurt.

In November 2011, Venezuela repatriated some 180 tonnes of gold held in vaults in London and elsewhere to store it with the Caracas central bank under orders from late President Hugo Chavez.

Click here for the rest of the interview which includes questions on whether Germany plans to use gold as a monetary policy tool and why the US is willing to store and guard all that gold free of charge.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...deral-reserve/

‘Cataclysmic’: What You Probably Didn’t Know About Germany Getting Its Gold Back From the Federal Reserve

Jan. 8, 2014 9:25pm Erica Ritz

Quote What does Germany requesting the return of its gold from the Federal Reserve have to do with you? Glenn Beck argued on his radio and television programs Wednesday that if what he suspects is true, it could bring about an unprecedented financial crash on a global scale. His radio co-host Pat Gray described it as potentially “cataclysmic.”

“Subprime crisis, do you remember that?” Beck asked. “Imagine that crash on a global scale, and instead of houses it’s gold, which backs all of our money, and gold that is not really owned by anyone. Our money becomes worthless.”

Beck began with some background for those unfamiliar with the esoteric subject, explaining that the world essentially has a system in place similar to a massive safety deposit box. If, for example, you put your wedding ring in a box at the bank — in this case the Federal Reserve — you expect to get that exact ring back, not a roughly equal amount of gold and diamonds.

“When the countries give their gold … to the Federal Reserve – full faith and credit in the United States – they gave it to the Federal Reserve and each of them marked their gold,” Beck said on his radio program. “…And in this case, it says Bundesbank, Germany.”

Germany has had billions of dollars worth of gold in the Federal Reserve for decades, but announced last year that it would like at least a percentage of it returned by 2014, and more in subsequent years. The initial request generated massive international speculation, but the actual return so far has been less publicized.

Beck referenced a report from Zero Hedge indicating the initial gold returned to Germany by the United States “didn’t have the stamp on it.” The Federal Reserve reportedly said it had to melt down the gold for transport.

But one other explanation, Beck noted, could be that the Federal Reserve has already used or sold Germany’s gold, and is now scrambling to replace it.

“You melted it down years ago,” Beck said, returning to his analogy. “…And now when I ask for my wedding ring back, you send me somebody else’s wedding ring. You went out and bought a wedding ring. Yes it’s gold – gold is gold – but what is it you’re doing?”

Beck noted that details are scarce and virtually impossible to confirm, but speculated: “I think this is your first real indication that there is no gold. There is no gold in Fort Knox. There is no gold in the Federal Reserve.”

“Or,” he added, “there’s … very little gold left.”

Speaking on his television program, Beck said “the world needs to demand accountability from the Federal Reserve.”

“I don’t think it’s going to end well when we do,” he cautioned. “In fact, I think it ends horribly for everyone. But better face the facts right now…”

He warned: “You will be blamed for stealing the world’s treasure. America is the globe’s banker, and it is only a matter of time before all of the world, and the rest of us as well, find out ‘we ain’t got nothing.’ Who does?”

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/cody/20...where-are-you/

Where’s the gold and where’s the fear?
    February 5, 2014, 12:20 PM

Quote Let’s start today off with a Chart of the Day to put some perspective on why I have been saying there’s no fear and no pain in the markets yet, despite the recent and ongoing pullback.

There’s a lot to hit on today, so let’s jump right in and lay out our vision.

Where the *Bleep* Is Germany’s Gold? and Gold Daily and Silver Weekly Charts – Signs of the Times — Most gold bugs and many other folks out there are aware that Germany’s government requested 1,500 tons of gold back from the Federal Reserve’s vaults and was basically told to buzz off. That leads me to our Trader’s Deep Thought of the Day: The reason Germany just “allows” the Fed TO NOT return Germany’s 1,500 tons of gold is because that’s “only” $72 billion worth of value, a small fraction of what Germany and Deutsche Bank get/got in the bailouts. Read for yourself here. $GLD

I remain a buyer of gold coins anytime it gets near $1,200/ounce, regardless of what the Fed and Germany and DB and the Comex and J.P. Morgan, et al are up to.

Cody Willard writes Revolution Investing for MarketWatch, posts the trades from his personal account at TradingWithCody.com, which is not affiliated with MarketWatch, and is the largest shareholder in Scutify‘s parent company, Wall Street All-Stars. At time of publication, Cody was net long gold coins, Apple, Sandisk, Google and Facebook. Follow Cody on Twitter at twitter.com/codywillard.
    http://nsnbc.me/2013/07/31/mystery-a...the-us-solved/

Mystery about Germany´s Gold in the US Solved

Quote Christof Lehmann (nsnbc),- Nobody wants to admit it openly. The German Gold Reserves in the United States are gone, used for financing the United States war chest and bet for “Global Full Spectrum Dominance”. So why is even the German Federal Bank trying to avoid further speculation by referring to a non-existent “full transparency” ? The answer is quite simple. Nobody wants the current backwardation of the gold market to turn into a permanent backwardation of the gold market. The consequence would be the inevitable collapse of global trade and civilization as we know it.

if we're going to start a rumor on PA it should be a GOOD one, lol

forget the billion dollar bracket, how bout the billion dollar gold rumor?

+ Reply to Thread