+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I thought the Nov 13 - 14 grid shut down exercise wasn't going to shut the electricity off

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Default I thought the Nov 13 - 14 grid shut down exercise wasn't going to shut the electricity off

But while on the subject I wanted to share something easy to make and help you.

Yes I am like Kwai Chang Caine "I want to help you." and posting in the survival forum would not be productive. (this place is not like Zombie Squad forum in that regard).

https://youtube.com/watch?v=bus9EUMUmJM

*NOTE: video shows a candle in glass - I would not recommend that at all - glass candles sometimes explode when near the bottom spewing forth molten flaming wax jizz. - (that's another story involving one dog bark at 3 in morning and finding a flaming wall in the living room (...) "yes grasshopper, it smelled slightly of sandlewood mixed with the pungent scent of attempted house murder.")

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crazy Louie For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (20th October 2013), Caren (20th October 2013), Knowrainknowrainbows! (20th October 2013), Marianne (21st October 2013), sheme (20th October 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Default Re: I thought the Nov 13 - 14 grid shut down exercise wasn't going to shut the electricity off

I posted that in the off grid forum a couple of months ago, its got a fridge to match the stove for those who are interested, got not a lot of interest there but perhaps this repost will do the trick.

Thanks

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

Default Re: I thought the Nov 13 - 14 grid shut down exercise wasn't going to shut the electricity off

Interesting idea with the candle.

On the subject of the grid shutting down, I can't imagine them actually shutting off electricity for their drill - if it is only a drill. But I haven't been able to get a straight answer about it anywhere. Yes or no? Regional or national?

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Snowflower (here)
    Interesting idea with the candle.

On the subject of the grid shutting down, I can't imagine them actually shutting off electricity for their drill - if it is only a drill. But I haven't been able to get a straight answer about it anywhere. Yes or no? Regional or national?
    There was an article I read earlier -- sorry, can't find the link -- from a NERC worker who is apparently the guy responsible for this GridEx II dril. He stated that the power wasn't going to be shut off and that no one would have to worry.

Um, y'know, if that makes you feel any better.

It doesn't make me feel any better! If it's just a drill where the power is "simulated" to go out, why are ~150 companies signing up to participate? Like ... I just want to know specifics. What companies, and how exactly are they "participating?" Also, how and why are Canada and Mexico also a part of this?

My wild guess is that the power will indeed go out for those two days, due to some "malfunction," as a sort of soft-run to see what happens when the electricity goes out for their actual event. Kind of like how the EBT cards stopped working earlier this month in some states, causing a tiny bit of chaos. They want to see how people react, see any potential problem areas, etc.

It sure is a drill, IMO. Just not the kind of drill they're advertising.

6. Link to Post #5
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

I am convinced that the ambiguity is a part of the MO -just don't bite -help each other, if they stop the food stamps my guess is they hope for mass protest of the poorest their version of the unworthy -then they can orchestrate a FF riot -then Marshal Law signs will find their mark -then plan B will take effect - Almost perfect plan but if you don't bite they can only round up their own actors, stay gray and help the needy.

7. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sheme (here)
    I am convinced that the ambiguity is a part of the MO -just don't bite -help each other, if they stop the food stamps my guess is they hope for mass protest of the poorest their version of the unworthy -then they can orchestrate a FF riot -then Marshal Law signs will find their mark -then plan B will take effect - Almost perfect plan but if you don't bite they can only round up their own actors, stay gray and help the needy.
    I 100% agree. They planted the NYTimes article early enough -- with little fanfare but nonetheless in plain sight -- that it will have been forgotten by the time the date rolls around. Still, there's enough people passing this around on social media that are obviously afraid and wanting to know more info. With enough people aware of this and scared about what is going to happen, you think NERC would offer a little bigger of a rebuttal if was truly just a drill.

But, consider:

If they repeatedly swore up and down that the power wouldn't go out, to quell the "conspiracy theorist" talk, they'd sure look incompetent and responsible if/when the power did go out. People would want heads to roll, businesses might want compensation for lost revenue. "Conspiracy theorists" would even look more credible!

But if they quietly say it won't go out, and then it "accidentally" goes out for real, well, oops, we made a mistake, sorry guys. It gives the average sheep enough reason to believe the official word and still see the people screaming from the sidelines as "tin foil hat nutters."

That's my analysis, anyway. I think you're spot-on about the ambiguity. And you're absolutely right we need to work together and STAY CALM!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to outerheaven For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (20th October 2013), sheme (20th October 2013), Wind (21st October 2013)

9. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member GlassSteagallfan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,530 times in 987 posts

It seems unnecessary to have a power off grid drill. The grid breaks down just as much as any other machine, for example, a vehicle. Should you practice waiting for your vehicle while its being repaired?

While gov't was shut down, it costs billions. How much will it cost for grid down for two or three days? The rest of the world must be ROFL

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlassSteagallfan For This Post:

c0rv0 (21st October 2013), genevieve (21st October 2013)

11. Link to Post #8
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

Lightbulb Re: I thought the Nov 13 - 14 grid shut down exercise wasn't going to shut the electricity off

FEMA/DHS and Nat Geo Channel Seem to work together often...

In mid November FEMA is holding a HUGE NATIONAL BLACK SCENARIO DRILL... NAT GEO HAS THIS WEB SITE in tandem with that "EVENT"... Is this a not so subtle warning of a real EVENT to come? (I know these could all come from our Sol, the "Central Sun/Black Hole of the Galaxy and even Man made disasters with the "Empty Quiver" (missing nuke/emp) Event that is in motion right now, but I am focusing on SOL just on this one post)

REMEMBER the "SIGNS" of Martial law in FEMA Region 3" as well as other strange "Drills" (TSUNAMI DRILLS ETC...???)

(Similar Thread focusing on these scenarios)
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...Weird-Sign-...

National Geographic Web Site dedicated to the "National Blackout Scenario"... WHY?
    http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...ican-blackout/

Survival Buzz Newsletter on being "Prepped" for a "National Blackout"
    http://www.backdoorsurvival.com/sund...cb81-315828853

Pole Flip On The Sun Imminent: 11-Year Solar Cycle Wimpy, But Peaking

http://beforeitsnews.com/space/2013/...rticalresponse

12. Link to Post #9
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,615 times in 2,229 posts

FEMA always has a new tidbit coming out... OF COURSE THEY WOULD WANT TO REDUCE PANIC etc... ANY excuse to have the power to shut down the Internet (Information Super Highway)... Directly Related to this or off topic? I say directly related...

http://beforeitsnews.com/science-and...in.info%2FfMDp

+ Reply to Thread