+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Growing Super Foods, Goji Berry (Video)

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,809 times in 819 posts

Lightbulb Growing Super Foods, Goji Berry (Video)

Last edited by Mu2143; 18th March 2015 at 23:43.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mu2143 For This Post:

Bubu (1st November 2013), DNA (1st November 2013), GlassSteagallfan (1st November 2013), Ioneo (1st November 2013), soleil (1st November 2013), twin fig (4th November 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Latti's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Growing Super Foods, Goji Berry (Video)

My brother gave me a pot with seeds already planted but not yet germinated. Several plants came up and I didn't separate and re-pot them; so, in comparison to the plants in the video, my plants are stunted.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,492 times in 2,185 posts

I only found out about Goji a few years ago.... they weren't selling them here yet so a friend from the States sent me 4 dried goji berries so I could taste them; instead of eating them, I planted 2 and little plants grew from both berries.

They really don't grow tall the first year... only about 10cms. This year I pinched out the tops because they were only one shoot going straight up about 40cms... they both bushed out beatifully! The parts I pinched off even rooted! All I did was stick them in the soil in the flower vase.

I expect them to really take off next year and I will either have to put them in bigger pots or put them in the ground. Hopefully, they will produce some fruit... can't wait!
    "Vision without action is merely a dream.
    Action without vision just passes the time.
    Vision with action can change the world." Joel Arthur Barker

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MorningSong For This Post:

soleil (1st November 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 times in 178 posts

My acupuncturist had me start making a smoothie with one avacado, two cups coconut milk, 28 ounces of dry goji berries that are rehydrated in water, I also add the water to the smoothie, two table spoons of honey and two and a half tablespoons of cacoa powder. The kind in raw form, not the roasted kind we think of in chocolate. It's pretty bitter but packed with good stuff. Goji berries have the most anti-oxidants out of pretty much everything.

In dive friendship,
    Your brother,
    -michael
    Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.
    Herein lies the peace of God....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dpwishy For This Post:

soleil (1st November 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Heartsong's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 times in 498 posts

Be careful about broadcasting any kind of new seed. You may initiate an invasive species that can reproduce so fast that it over-runs native species and upsets that balance of nature in your area. I don't know that Goji would do this, just sayin'.

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,686 times in 774 posts

Quote Posted by dpwishy (here)
    My acupuncturist had me start making a smoothie with one avacado, two cups coconut milk, 28 ounces of dry goji berries that are rehydrated in water, I also add the water to the smoothie, two table spoons of honey and two and a half tablespoons of cacoa powder. The kind in raw form, not the roasted kind we think of in chocolate. It's pretty bitter but packed with good stuff. Goji berries have the most anti-oxidants out of pretty much everything.

In dive friendship,
    Your brother,
    -michael
    omg sounds great! morningsong, im going to grow some. ive got a bag that are sitting there, id love to sprout a couple.
    unite, alright
    you know one thing about music? when it hits, you feel no pain!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soleil For This Post:

MorningSong (3rd November 2013)

11. Link to Post #7
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by Heartsong (here)
    Be careful about broadcasting any kind of new seed. You may initiate an invasive species that can reproduce so fast that it over-runs native species and upsets that balance of nature in your area. I don't know that Goji would do this, just sayin'.
    good observation. normally popular beliefs are outright lies. I am amaze at how people still readily believe infos that are pick up from somewhere. Any testimonies regarding the GB. Right now I am sticking to my natural sugar super food. that's what me tells me. just saying also.

side note; we do not need superfoods if we can activate prana processors because this will keep the nutrients in our body in perfect balance. The breatharians sleep only 2 hours because they are perfectly healthy thus virtually no damage to the body that needs repairing. I knew, it is happening to me although not yet comparable to the breatharian my improvements are nothing short of amazing. again 3.5 hours sleep today, slept 10;30 pm and woke up 2 am that is why I am here right now doing this 3 am. 4 am jog to the market. don't need that 8 hours per day.

12. Link to Post #8
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

Amazon has 1lbs bags of organic goji berries for a little over $20. Might grab a bag for eating and sprout a few this winter indoors.
    (Insert signature here)

13. Link to Post #9
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,382 times in 700 posts

hello everyone: Goji juice was 25 dollars a bottles a couple of year ago here. Until recently I have never heard of it or the seeds being sold. You might ask why goji was that much a bottle....well it was fantastic multi level marketing. In the years of people drinking goji juice here for more than most bottles of wine I never have heard of anyone becoming cured of anything!
    When a new product comes into the market place I am very, very interested since there is either profit running the product or it's good for you. With this product you can't even buy a bottle of it here anymore. It either went underground or people didn't find any assistance to their health.
    From a guy that has tried the product and didn't find any lights in the brain go off.
    If you drink the stuff enjoy the illusion. If you don't you're not missing anything.
    chancy

14. Link to Post #10
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

No one is claiming it cures anything. It is a superfood just like raspberries, blueberries, flax seed etc. Just a nutritious food with vitamins, minerals and flavonoid compounds.

Wholesome eating does cure much by helping the body do what it needs to do.
    (Insert signature here)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

MorningSong (3rd November 2013)

16. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,382 times in 700 posts

Quote Posted by Octavusprime (here)
    No one is claiming it cures anything. It is a superfood just like raspberries, blueberries, flax seed etc. Just a nutritious food with vitamins, minerals and flavonoid compounds.
    Wholesome eating does cure much by helping the body do what it needs to do.
    Hello Octavusprime and everyone:
    If no one is claiming anything then why discuss it?
    You say yourself that raspberries, blueberries etc. are superfoods. You left out one that is alot more amazing than these 2. That is black currants. They have an antioxidant value of 51.6 as compared to the following Table 1. chart. Link is a PDF.

http://raspberryinfo.com/articles/Gina-berries.pdf

Table 1.
    Total Antioxidant Activity of Berries Measured by FRAP Assays a berry FRAP (μmol of Fe2ū/g)
    black currants 51.6 (1.2
    blueberries 30.0(1.9
    raspberries 27.7(1.1
    red currants 24.6(0.5
    cranberries 18.6(0.3
    a Data presented as mean values (SE(n=3)
    per gram of fresh weight.

If you are going to talk about Superfoods at least get the story correct on which ones are actually Superfoods.
    Thanks

chancy

+ Reply to Thread