+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Are dogs the closest we will get to true unconditional Love?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 times in 178 posts

Default Are dogs the closest we will get to true unconditional Love?

I was riding a pretty high crest of life the last few months, my business exploded, everything seemed to be going great but I also braced myself for the trough to come. True intelligence is knowing that the only constant we can count on in this existence is impermanence. As we ride the highest crest we must be aware that soon enough the trough will come. Life is crest and troughs, crest and troughs....

I landed this huge interior job on a 1780's farm house. Its something like 17-20 rooms, all horse hair plaster. In the beginning it seemed like a huge gift from the universe. It was a job that I believed would have brought 10 grand in profit in as little as 2 weeks of work. I used the money I got on the signing check and also completely drained my saving to buy a new truck. I was driving a 93 dodge dakota and it was a piece. It worked and I am not a material person so I used it for 3-4 years to grow my business. But I was getting to the point where my business was out growing my car and I was losing high end work because of the look of my vehicle. I decided to buy a 03 silverado, extended crew cab. It was in beautiful condition in side and out, all leather, no rust underneath. I test drove it a few times and it seemed wonderful, I even had my mechanic test drive it and he confirmed it was a good purchase.

The job I bid turned out to be a nightmare, I ended up by underbidding by 4 grand which made me take a huge hit in overhead. I didn't see what I was getting into until the work started. Every room needed to be skim coated, what I thought I could spray turned out to be all hand brushing as the owner wanted it done in an order that would not allow me to spray effectively. I took a huge hit. Underbidding by 4 grand and also a job I thought would take 2 weeks, is turning into about a 6 week job. Which obviously kills me in many area's, my other booked work, my over head, money I need to stay a float and so on. At the end of the week the home owner noticed that the paint company mixed the paint wrong, all the rooms I have completed must be painted over. This is how I ended my week, another HUGE setback on a job that had no room for setbacks. We are talking a 15 gallon mistake here...

The truck I bought, the used car salesman had work done to it before he gave it to me. Changed a tie rod which means an alignment was needed after that and a few other things. As soon as I got in the car I felt a vibration and drove back, I got the run around and he told me everything was fine and to keep driving. I was told by two different garages that it was the torque converter on the transmission and I called back the car salesman to talk about the 30 day 1250 miles warranty I had and he completely flipped his sh*t on me. Basically told me to F off. I brought it to another garage and they told me the vibration was actually the drive shaft center support bearing and that the tie rod he put in was a bad part, it seemed it was taken off another truck that was not in as bad of shape in put on mine. So here I am having to replace the drive shaft bearing (which holds the drive shaft in two) the tie rod he replaced and pay for an alignment all over again. This cost me around 600 bucks. My family and friends were amazed how I took it. I never let it get me down, always had a smile. I missed about 1000 dollars in work those days and spent 300 bucks on rental cars getting to and from garages. I was happy to get my truck back Thursday and get back to work. Upon driving the truck the last few days I noticed an rpm surge before it was changing 2-3 gear, it now seems the transmission is slipping and is about to go completely.

I called my lawyer back who is on this guy for the parts I changed and asked him what my legal right is with the warranty or making this guy buy the truck back. Six hundred dollars fixing the truck wasnt that bad, but a 2-3 grand transmission job is where I draw the line. I felt defeated and spiritually low. I used all my spiritual energy in the past week to get through the job and truck problems and not let it effect me but this was the final blow. I came home defeated last night thinking about smoking pot. I haven't smoked in months. I see pot as a huge spiritual trap. At least with drinking you can see the trap it is by how you act. Pot is a tricky trickster, it gives the false sense of spiritual progression all while the user stays stagnant. I have made more progress on my spiritual path and self in the last few months not smoking than the last 5 years smoking. I was an every day smoker for a decade (this is not a thread about the good vs bad of pot so please refrain, this is just my opinion). The thought was going through my mind to smoke to release and then my dogs came up to the couch and showered me in love. I needed it more than ever and I knew they knew. There was no doubt in my mind they knew something was wrong. The desire to smoke lifted as I felt their love and saw this as a test in my path.

The real purpose of this thread is to talk about dogs and that I believe they are the closest we can come to in this reality of true unconditional love on an every day basis. Its not mistake that Dog spells God backwards. I felt so defeated, so spiritually low and these dogs with their unconditional love helped me feel divine love again. My problems are still there, my job and truck are still a nightmare but I felt that everything is going to be ok. There are little things and big things in life and the little things should not cause us to worry. In the end these are little things. I went over the checklist; "I have shelter, check. I have food, check. I have clothing, check". Literally half of the world does not have these things. I will be ok!

I can't even remember what life was like before my dogs, I have two pit bulls. They helped me see last night that Love is truly all that matters. No matter how low you are, love will bring you right back up. Both my dogs are rescues, one stayed in a shelter for over a year because she was a Pit Bull and the stereotype that brings. The other was from Louisiana and we had him shipped 2500 miles to New England as down south has a really bad dog culture with dog fighting. Both my dogs are grateful for their lives and they show me it every day. They know where they came from and what they have now, just as I remember the depression I lived before I came to my spiritual self.

Today I woke up and said thanks to the universe for this experience. I learned a lot from it. For a few days I felt such resentment towards this salesman as I know he knew what he was doing. I started to feel a resentment towards humans in general but something came over me. I got really emotional at work and tried to see what the lesson was here. Is it that I am too naive and try to see God in everyone although most people don't act like it or deserve it? Or was it a lesson in that I am not looking hard enough to find God even in those that try to scam me, who are my spiritual enemies? I came to the conclusion it was the latter and that even though this man did not know who he was on the inside, I did and I still must love him. Although I don't have to be his friend or do business with him ever again, I still must love him as my brother. I thanked the universe for this lesson this morning and also told my self "hey, you just paid off a karmic debt for some bs you pulled in a past life, its not over now but the payment is made, things will get better."

I woke up with a gratefulness for my life, my family, my dogs and the spiritual lessons I have learned. I gave thanks for all these things in my life and felt something lift from my soul. My problems are still there but in the end it never wavered who I was as a being and my core values and in the end this is all that really matters. I thanked God for my dogs as I realized they truly are the closest we will ever get to true unconditional love in this reality. I am not saying my fiance did not play her part but there is something about a dogs love that completely transformed me last night and helped me get back to my core values. That something was unconditional love. Ill always remind my self that Dog spells God backwards. Such a beautiful gift we were given...

These are my dogs. Lucy is the Red nose Female Pitbull, Edward is the black male Pitbull. I honestly felt a sense of fear about posting this picture of me as I have never made a picture of my self public online. But a sense of divine love swept over me and I knew it would be ok. Its time to let go of these fears and start living through the perspective of love, just as my dogs do. Don't mind the jackets on the dogs, its not for looks! Pitbulls only have a single coat of fur, most dogs have a double, thus they are not made for New England temperatures. The coat truly is needed. From my family to yours, Much love....

Click image for larger version

Name:	dogsme.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	23550
    Name:  dogs1.JPG
Views: 173
Size:  35.8 KB
    Name:  dogs2.JPG
Views: 168
Size:  41.5 KB

In divine friendship,
    your brother,
    -Michael
    Last edited by dpwishy; 3rd November 2013 at 15:57.
    Nothing real can be threatened.
    Nothing unreal exists.
    Herein lies the peace of God....

2. The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to dpwishy For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (4th November 2013), Alan (3rd November 2013), Alekahn2 (3rd November 2013), avid (3rd November 2013), Becky (4th November 2013), brenie (4th November 2013), camper (10th November 2013), Chip (3rd November 2013), Craig (4th November 2013), Debra (8th November 2013), eris23 (3rd November 2013), Ernie Nemeth (4th November 2013), EsmaEverheart (3rd November 2013), genevieve (3rd November 2013), greybeard (3rd November 2013), Heart-2-Heart (4th November 2013), johnf (3rd November 2013), jsb_swampfox (4th November 2013), Kalamos (3rd November 2013), kenaz (4th November 2013), Krist (4th November 2013), Kristo (4th November 2013), lastlegs (5th November 2013), LivioRazlo (4th November 2013), Marie (3rd November 2013), Miller (12th November 2013), Nanoo Nanoo (20th January 2014), Orph (4th November 2013), Pam (9th November 2013), RMorgan (4th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), seko (3rd November 2013), selinam (3rd November 2013), sheme (3rd November 2013), sian (3rd November 2013), skamandar (3rd November 2013), soleil (3rd November 2013), Spiral of Light (4th November 2013), Spirithorse (12th November 2013), sunflower (4th November 2013), TargeT (4th November 2013), Teo (3rd November 2013), Teti75 (4th November 2013), varuna (19th January 2014), watchZEITGEISTnow (3rd November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013), Woody (4th November 2013), zebowho (5th November 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Default Re: Are dogs the closest we will get to true unconditional Love?

Dogs have a true forgiving love for their human friend.
    Its only unconditional to that person or their family.
    It does not necessarily encompass any other.
    They have their "pet" likes and dislikes of other humans and dogs.
    If you have never had a pet dog then you have not experienced the uplifting love that is always available from one--no matter what.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Becky (4th November 2013), Craig (4th November 2013), dpwishy (3rd November 2013), EsmaEverheart (3rd November 2013), fourty-two (20th January 2014), Heart-2-Heart (4th November 2013), johnf (3rd November 2013), Kalamos (3rd November 2013), Krist (4th November 2013), Orph (4th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), seko (3rd November 2013), sian (3rd November 2013), skamandar (3rd November 2013), soleil (3rd November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (3rd November 2013), zebowho (5th November 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Ireland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I for one can second your view on the love from a dog...
    they have always got time for you with a smile... 24/7...

one thing that always baffles me is how people see the wolf...
    mainly in the saying... wolf in sheep's clothing...
    how movies have always shown the wolf as evil...
    mind you in the twilight saga books the wolf is the defender of man.

they hunted the irish wolf to extinction ?

every dog has a wolfs heart...

wuff wuff.

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to childs hood end For This Post:

dpwishy (3rd November 2013), Flash (3rd November 2013), fourty-two (20th January 2014), greybeard (3rd November 2013), johnf (3rd November 2013), Kalamos (3rd November 2013), lastlegs (5th November 2013), Orph (4th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sian (3rd November 2013), skamandar (3rd November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

Yes the dog is just a domesticated wolf.
    There have been stories of wolves looking after very young children---don’t know if it true.
    I would like to think so.
    One of my favourite author's, Dr David Hawkins, did muscle testing (Kinesology) and from this constructed a scale of consciousness energy.
    He claimed that a lot of animals calibrated higher than your average human.
    Cats purr and dogs tail wag calibrated very high,
    He maintained that you were safer with a certain famous gorilla (cant remember its name) than most humans.
    Its in the book Power vs Force---a good read.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

dpwishy (3rd November 2013), johnf (3rd November 2013), lastlegs (5th November 2013), markpierre (3rd November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sian (3rd November 2013), soleil (3rd November 2013), Teo (3rd November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

I love dogs too. And cats althouth their form of love is completely different: dogs, love you lov you love you, cats, love me love me love me. lol But my cat knows too when something is wrong.

As for the house you repaired, I have one of these oldies with horse hair iflled plaster and it is always much longer to renovate than one imagines. Mine does not have 20 rooms though lol.

I am pretty sure the owner knows she had you real cheap. i would try to renegotiate the contract asking not to fool a starting Young fellow. And see what it does. I did ask Customer in the past if they pay in order to be working, the answer is always no. Then i say that actually, this is what is happening.

good luck and great that your spirit is up

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

dpwishy (3rd November 2013), eris23 (3rd November 2013), greybeard (3rd November 2013), johnf (3rd November 2013), Krist (5th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sian (3rd November 2013), Teo (3rd November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member EsmaEverheart's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't know where I would be if I didn't have my dog. She is just a mongrel rescue dog. There has been times in the 7 years that I have had her that she was the only reason I got out of bed in the mornings. No matter what I have been going through she is always there. I think the Dog Whisper is right in that dogs see our energy and that is why you can't fool a dog if you are sad or angry. They know. Unconditional. That is exactly right!

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to EsmaEverheart For This Post:

dpwishy (3rd November 2013), eris23 (3rd November 2013), fourty-two (20th January 2014), greybeard (3rd November 2013), johnf (3rd November 2013), Orph (4th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sian (3rd November 2013), skamandar (3rd November 2013), Teo (3rd November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,725 times in 2,088 posts

Have 4 labs , 2 are pure and 2 are rescue, they taught me the true meaning of unconditional love after a long journey of life and whats not important and what really is. Last night my yellow lab brought me all 4 of the dog bowls and put them in my lap after all were done eating. She grabbed them one at a time. Yeah what a moment.

14. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

Alan (3rd November 2013), dpwishy (3rd November 2013), fourty-two (20th January 2014), greybeard (3rd November 2013), johnf (3rd November 2013), Orph (4th November 2013), Pam (9th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), seko (3rd November 2013), sian (3rd November 2013), skamandar (3rd November 2013), Teo (3rd November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    As for the house you repaired, I have one of these oldies with horse hair iflled plaster and it is always much longer to renovate than one imagines. Mine does not have 20 rooms though lol.

I am pretty sure the owner knows she had you real cheap. i would try to renegotiate the contract asking not to fool a starting Young fellow. And see what it does. I did ask Customer in the past if they pay in order to be working, the answer is always no. Then i say that actually, this is what is happening.

good luck and great that your spirit is up
    I have been in business for years, in the end it was my fault for how I bid the job. A sign of an honest contractor is never changing bids once a contract is signed. In a time of shady contractors and where there is no honor, I pride my self and business in this. It's a learning experience so it never happens again and I wouldn't learn if I didn't take a hit.

In divine friendship,
    Your brother,
    -michael
    Nothing unreal exists.

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to dpwishy For This Post:

Alan (3rd November 2013), Alekahn2 (3rd November 2013), Flash (3rd November 2013), fourty-two (20th January 2014), greybeard (3rd November 2013), Milneman (4th November 2013), Nanoo Nanoo (20th January 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sheme (3rd November 2013), sian (3rd November 2013), TargeT (4th November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member EsmaEverheart's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is real life story of forgiveness and unconditional love. On a cold night last January, someone shot Buck in the face with birdshot, put him in a garbage bag and tied to a fence post a left to die. Luckily he was found the next morning barely alive and was taken to an emergency vet clinic. The lady who found him started this Facebook page to ask for donations for Buck's care because she didn't have the money to pay his vet bills. Buck still has pellets in his gums and eyes. Buck is blind now. Today Buck goes to schools and other places to teach people about animal cruelity and forgiveness. There is now a foundation that helps injured animals.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/Buckneedsbucks

https://www.facebook.com/#!/TheBuckFoundation

Buck, The dog who wouldn't die.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EoMMSxpmU3A

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to EsmaEverheart For This Post:

dpwishy (4th November 2013), greybeard (3rd November 2013), lastlegs (5th November 2013), LivioRazlo (4th November 2013), Orph (4th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sheme (3rd November 2013), sian (3rd November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

My late hubby and I where in the building and renovation business and worked together most days it is so easy to "work fast in your mind" when you are young . We used to quote 1 third wages 1 third materials 1 third profit + 15% at the least you break even, stay grounded.

My dogs have kept me going without them to care for it would be too easy to give up, they make me laugh and remind me to stay human. Blessings friend, you at least will sleep easy.

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

home would'nt be home without my little dog, he's the life and soul of ever present constant love in our place. warts an' all he never phases, always constant unconditional love, we look after each other but i think he takes care of me in more ways, that he alone knows, more than i. we can learn such wonderful stuff from dogs, here's to the goodness and gifts in life.

21. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sian For This Post:

dpwishy (4th November 2013), greybeard (3rd November 2013), Orph (4th November 2013), Pam (9th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), skamandar (3rd November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

22. Link to Post #12
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 1,084 posts

Dogs know no form of love as we think of it. What they display is loyalty and a pack mentality. This appears to be love only because of the seeming obedience they display amongst the 'family' pack...and especially to the alpha in the pack.
    Dogs lack the rationality to understand unconditional. Of course if you feed a dog since a puppy it knows where it's bread is buttered and soon learns to rely on you for it's needs.
    This leads to a display of natural instinct to protect the pack and especially the alpha from which it receives a place and an environment to live.

Dogs are one of the most advanced animals on the planet right now and many of them are ready for the leap into the human kingdom...from the animal kingdom, from which every human has evolved out of. Domestic dogs...as is the case with other domestic pets, like cats...are specifically incarnating, as group souls, into these forms because of the closeness to humans, from which they are learning and experiencing a higher form of consciousness...the human one.

As humans, we have a divine and honoured task of assisting these young entities who will one day become brothers of ours in the true sense of the word.

The best way to give to these domestic animals is to train them, so that they can begin to instil into their consciousness, right temperament, such as introversion or extroversion, from which point they can become individual entities and break from the group soul of which they are each a part of currently. What this means is that you are not really doing much for your pet if you are just providing a home for it...training in some form is vital for it's growth.

Take care and give love to all beings.
    Ray

23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

Alekahn2 (3rd November 2013), dpwishy (4th November 2013), fourty-two (20th January 2014), johnf (3rd November 2013), Kalamos (4th November 2013), lastlegs (5th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sian (4th November 2013), soleil (3rd November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

24. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

To the original poster - In your words of explaining how you have tried hard to love those that have only a material personna - and in your words of seeing the mistakes you made and accepting responsibility - I see part of the spirit of the man that the dogs have come to love without question. do not come up short in seeing how pure your love is that you give them unconditionally.

there will be other jobs - there will be more money centered dead people - the spiritual side to things will continue to be born - but there will be only one Lucy and one Edward - and the rest of their lives will be a big chunk of yours - and that chunk is worth more than anything you could ever bid on.

thank you for sharing your story - a can of purina one smartblend all around!

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Crazy Louie For This Post:

dpwishy (4th November 2013), EsmaEverheart (4th November 2013), Kalamos (4th November 2013), lastlegs (5th November 2013), Orph (4th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sian (4th November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

26. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by dpwishy (here)
    From my family to yours, Much love....

In divine friendship,
    your brother,
    -Michael
    Beautiful family, Michael

With love,
    Paula

27. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

dpwishy (4th November 2013), EsmaEverheart (4th November 2013), fourty-two (20th January 2014), GloriousPoetry (5th November 2013), jsb_swampfox (4th November 2013), Kalamos (4th November 2013), lastlegs (5th November 2013), Orph (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sian (4th November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

28. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

My dog has been part of my life for the past four years. I always wanted to get a dog, but finally back then I got the chance to get one. Before I got my dog I was really depressed... Some would call it the dark night of the soul phase. I almost feel that my dog has been one of my guardians incarnated here on Earth. He has healed me, at least mentally. When I observe nature or look at the innocent eyes of an animal I see God, i.e. dog. We humans have forgotten what we are, animals are always experiencing the eternal moment of now.

What is it that so many people
    find enchanting in animals?
    Their essence — their Being — is not
    covered up by the mind, as it is in most humans.

And whenever you feel that essence in another,
    you also feel it in yourself.

Watch any plant or animal and let it teach you acceptance of what is, surrender to the Now.

Let it teach you Being.

Let it teach you integrity — which means to be one, to be yourself, to be real.

Let it teach you how to live and how to die, and how not to make living and dying into a problem.

~ Eckhart Tolle
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

29. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

dpwishy (4th November 2013), EsmaEverheart (4th November 2013), fourty-two (20th January 2014), Kalamos (4th November 2013), lastlegs (5th November 2013), Orph (4th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sian (4th November 2013), soleil (4th November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013)

30. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,612 times in 320 posts

These are the boys who keep me going day after day: The Siberian Husky is named Zeig and the Husky/German Shepherd mix I adopted is named Boss.

Click image for larger version

Name:	149963_10100359841476659_755371_n.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	23567
    Last edited by LivioRazlo; 4th November 2013 at 03:24.

31. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LivioRazlo For This Post:

dpwishy (4th November 2013), EsmaEverheart (4th November 2013), fourty-two (20th January 2014), Kalamos (4th November 2013), Orph (4th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sian (4th November 2013), skamandar (4th November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

32. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by LivioRazlo (here)
    These are the boys who keep me going day after day: The Siberian Husky is named Zeig and the Husky/German Shepherd mix I adopted is named Boss.

Attachment 23567
    Hi LivioRazlo,

Seig & Boss are cutie pies, with smilie faces.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 15th June 2014 at 20:28.

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

dpwishy (4th November 2013), Kalamos (4th November 2013), LivioRazlo (4th November 2013), Orph (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sian (4th November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

34. Link to Post #18
    Australia Avalon Member markoid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,463 times in 479 posts

Dpwishy.. Your dogs just look sooo content in the pic of you all on the couch... priceless!

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to markoid For This Post:

dpwishy (4th November 2013), fourty-two (20th January 2014), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), sandy (4th November 2013), sian (4th November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Finefeather (here)
    Dogs are one of the most advanced animals on the planet right now and many of them are ready for the leap into the human kingdom...from the animal kingdom, from which every human has evolved out of. Domestic dogs...as is the case with other domestic pets, like cats...are specifically incarnating, as group souls, into these forms because of the closeness to humans, from which they are learning and experiencing a higher form of consciousness...the human one.

As humans, we have a divine and honoured task of assisting these young entities who will one day become brothers of ours in the true sense of the word.
    I just wanted to add this is not the case for all of them. That brown nose pitbull lucy that is pictured above is part of my soul group that are incarnating together for a certain reason. We were looking for months for a dog and then one night my higher self came to me. At this time in my path, about a year and a half ago, my higher self coming was a big deal. It would only drop in a couple times a year for important reasons. This time it popped in and told me which dog to adopt and what shelter it was in. I was pointed to the exact dog. Poor dog spent a year in a shelter, almost all of the first year of her life. A later realized it was because she was meant to be in my family. My higher self told me to adopt that dog as it was part of my soul group and someone I have known for many, many lives that is incarnating as a dog this life as a "break". I later realized what this meant. Every life of mine source comes to me and asks me if "this is enough" and if I would like to dissolve back into oneness and stop playing the game sort to speak, or incarnate once again to try and help others reach that oneness. I have devoted my lives to this mission but I find it so loving and caring that source knows how taxing and stressing these missions are and never takes your word as a solid deal. It comes each life and reminds me that I do have an option even though I vowed until ever last soul has made it. I've come to realize that my dog lucy is one of these but instead of leaving the game and dissolving into oneness, she has taken a break by becoming a dog and living with her soul group for this life. Its kind of a loophole where she doesn't have to leave the game and dissolve into oneness forever but still gets a break from the demand/stress that come from this work.

Quote Posted by Finefeather (here)
    The best way to give to these domestic animals is to train them, so that they can begin to instil into their consciousness, right temperament, such as introversion or extroversion, from which point they can become individual entities and break from the group soul of which they are each a part of currently. What this means is that you are not really doing much for your pet if you are just providing a home for it...training in some form is vital for it's growth.
    I know this is not directed at me personally but I just wanted to share something because I thought it was really cool and I have been really proud of lucy for this. When I first get my dogs I clicker train every day, as time goes on and they become great pets this slowly gets put to the side but they know all their commands and are well trained. I am always asked if my dogs are service dogs because how they act/walk and that they wear backpacks when we walk (pitbulls need an hour a day walks, I add weights to make it more demanding) as they are working dogs and go crazy if not worked right. I am in 100% control of my dogs. I always tell people, "if you want to judge me and you dont know me, judge me by my dogs..."

But this is what I wanted to share with you as I thought you would enjoy this. (video below). When we first got lucy she spent almost her first year in a shelter. Naturally she had food aggression problems as she was fed and lived in a 6x6 metal cage. You couldn't even walk behind her while she was eating without her getting aggressive and protecting her food. She did it with water also but not as bad. Now she eats face to face with Ed about a foot away. Both wont eat until they are told. We even play the red light, green light game. We try to fake them out by saying "you cant have it" or some other nonsense and they know they cant have it until we say "you can have it". Notice how lucy at the end of the video will willfully give up her food on command now as shes eating a foot away from Edward. Such a huge improvements from a dog with food aggression issues.To be able to eat face to face with another dog is a huge milestone but to willfully give up the food on command is a achievement of its own with a dog with these issues.

To get lucy to break her food aggression we had to hand feed for months. When you hand feed they never see it as theirs and wont protect the food. While hand feeding we would give the command "wait" and she was not allowed to continue eating until she backed up, sat and waited for the "you can have it" command. Slowly over months she was given the food back as her own. Now she can eat face to face with another dog with no problems and also give up her food on command. For a dog with food aggression issues, this is major achievement. Notice how great edward is in his discipline until hes told to eat also. I have the best two dogs in the world

The pink toy bone in Edwards dish is because he eats to fast, the guy hardly chews and just throws down food. Which leads to indigestion/gas. The toy is put in there so he is forced to move it around to get at food which slows down his food consumption. Little tip for those who have dogs that eat way to fast....

In divine friendship,
    your brother,
    -michael
    Last edited by dpwishy; 4th November 2013 at 13:23.
    Nothing unreal exists.

37. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dpwishy For This Post:

Finefeather (4th November 2013), RunningDeer (4th November 2013), soleil (4th November 2013), TargeT (4th November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (4th November 2013), Wind (4th November 2013)

38. Link to Post #20
    South Africa Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,472 times in 1,084 posts

Hi dpwishy
    Well without a doubt I would thank you for your loving and caring attitude to the animal kingdom.
    What you have written in your post is exactly what I have alluded to in my post...assisting in the raising of the consciousness of dogs for their ultimate individualisation.
    However there is some misconception in your conclusions...and that is certainly not the fault of what you describe as your higher self...but rather a decided emotional aspect in your thinking.
    This is not meant to be nasty to you or to take from your otherwise loving spirit, but to offer you some information for your consideration. You say:
    Quote Posted by dpwishy (here)
    A later realized it was because she was meant to be in my family. My higher self told me to adopt that dog as it was part of my soul group and someone I have known for many, many lives that is incarnating as a dog this life as a "break".
    This is a common error in thinking that humans can incarnate into the body of animals 'for a break'. I ones heard someone say the same thing about incarnating as a tree

This is technically impossible because animals are part of group souls and humans are individualised entities. This process is not reversible.
    This notion comes from Indian philosophy and is quite incorrect. The constitution of humans is 'designed' to facilitate individual consciousness growth and any supposed incarnation into an animal body...despite been impossible...would be disadvantageous to the true SELF.

We each have an Augoeides who guides us through incarnations until we achieve Self realisation...if anyone needs a break they will know.

Please do not let this deter you in your chosen path and if you prefer not to consider this then that is your choice. Many are doing wonderful work on this planet and it does not really matter how close to right or wrong we are...what counts is the striving for unity amongst all beings.

Take care
    Ray

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Finefeather For This Post:

dpwishy (4th November 2013), Eram (14th November 2013), transiten (4th November 2013), william r sanford72 (5th November 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast