+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Pedophiles: initiative to catch them

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,698 times in 8,940 posts

Default Pedophiles: initiative to catch them

Here an initiative in the Netherland to catch pedophile worldwide. The problem is that they do not have the police cooperation to arrest them yet, once caught.

See the video, very interesting

www.upworthy.com

Say hello to Sweetie

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Agape (9th November 2013), camper (14th November 2013), Carmen (9th November 2013), Chanlo23 (14th November 2013), Cidersomerset (8th November 2013), Corncrake (8th November 2013), Craig (11th November 2013), DeDukshyn (9th November 2013), Eram (8th November 2013), jackovesk (9th November 2013), kanishk (30th December 2013), Maia Gabrial (8th November 2013), MaroonLagoon (9th November 2013), Miller (8th November 2013), Nat_Lee (25th November 2013), PHARAOH (9th November 2013), RunningDeer (8th November 2013), Selene (8th November 2013), Sidney (8th November 2013), Star Tsar (17th November 2013), Vitalux (8th November 2013), Wind (8th November 2013), wolf_rt (8th November 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,225 times in 1,108 posts

Default Re: Pedophiles: initiative to catch them

I think there always ought to be a ‘heads up’ alert whenever a man expresses a real interest in tending small children, working in a nursery, pediatrics, etc. even scouting.

There’s a reason, I think, why tending small children has always been “women’s work” in every society and civilization : there’s too much risk to children from the men. That’s just the way it is.

I’m sure there are a number of “women in men’s bodies” who might be wonderful; but they are the extreme exception. The rest of males demand extreme scrutiny. I don’t care how much they smile and “express concern…” They don’t belong in the nursery.

Caution is always warranted.

Regards,

Selene

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

Eram (8th November 2013), seko (8th November 2013), Strat (9th November 2013), Swan (8th November 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Selene, although men have to be checked when working with children, I would not push it towards extremes either. There is numerous wondeful dads playing balls with their children, being hockey coach while their children are playing, there is lots of good men for whom pedophilia would not cross their mind.

And there is a lot of pedophiles too. It seems that statistically there is 1 pedophile for every 300 inhabitants. So make the calculation, there is a lot of them.

Therefore, when working with children, one have to have an eye really open to see irregularities and hear the children. However, there is so many children lacking the presence of their father, that depriving them of Learning to be with a dad figure is depriving them of much for their mental benefit.

Keeping an eye open and not denying when someone see something irregular should be enough. As long as we act when we see something.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Craig (11th November 2013), DeDukshyn (9th November 2013), Eram (8th November 2013), GreenGuy (28th December 2013), kanishk (30th December 2013), Miller (8th November 2013), Snookie (8th November 2013), Violet (8th November 2013), Vitalux (8th November 2013), wolf_rt (8th November 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,610 times in 5,381 posts

Thanks. Your sentiments are exactly why I did not go through with the big brother program. The scrutiny was ridiculous, childish and paranoid. After the third interview they were still humming and haing so I just told them to forget it. Their loss, and the childrens'. But then again I am a crimminal until I prove that I am not. This isn't the states, after all. It is her majestety's domain...
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Eram (8th November 2013), Flash (8th November 2013), GreenGuy (28th December 2013), Miller (8th November 2013), Snookie (8th November 2013), Vitalux (8th November 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

2,258,459 people have seen the video in three days.

Link to sign petition please click here.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Corncrake (8th November 2013), DeDukshyn (9th November 2013), Eram (8th November 2013), Flash (8th November 2013), gaiagirl (10th November 2013), GreenGuy (28th December 2013), MaroonLagoon (9th November 2013), Miller (8th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013), Vitalux (8th November 2013), Wind (8th November 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

That must have been a lousy experience Ernie.
    I can imagine that man who set out to be a coach, nurse,teacher, whatever for litle kids get put off bye this kind of screening, but you know what?
    It's all worth it.

If one in 300 people has pedophile interests, you can bet your ass that this number is increased ten fold in all professions that come into close contact with little kids.
    All a pedophile wants, is to create the opportunity to be be alone with innocent little children.
    The cost of a child molestation is so incredibly high.
    They get damaged for life, trying a good portion of that life to figure out what exactly hit them.

I say, screen the man that want to work with little children until you can be certain that no pedophile gets through it.
    hylozoic tenet: “Consciousness sleeps in the stone, dreams in the plant, awakens in the animal, and becomes self-conscious in man.”

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

delfine (8th November 2013), Flash (8th November 2013), Kindling (8th November 2013), Miller (9th November 2013), RunningDeer (8th November 2013), Selene (9th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013), Swan (8th November 2013), Wind (8th November 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Ya, I know all about child abuse, thanks. And I grew up, well, almost normal. Let me tell you, pedophilia continues because others turn a blind eye, ignore complaints from minors, and when caught, get very light sentences. One case I know of, the guy abused children for decades - he had hundreds of victims and most were not well adjusted members of society since the travesty halted or otherwise altered their development. After a lengthy, media-blackout trial, the guy got less than two years. Hundreds of lives ruined and he got two years! I face the same for simple assault. Course, he prolly had money for a good defense. Go figure...
    And we call it the justice system, ya right.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

14. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Eram (8th November 2013), Flash (8th November 2013), Gardener (8th November 2013), Gekko (8th November 2013), Miller (9th November 2013), RunningDeer (8th November 2013), seko (8th November 2013), Selene (9th November 2013), selinam (8th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013), Snookie (8th November 2013), Wind (8th November 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Yes Ernie, there is something definitely wrong with the justice system in Canada regarding pédophiles. IT is much too lenient, a small slap on the wrist. And they do not even need money for a good defence, it is how the system penalize pedophile in Canada.

Simple assault with no prior charges should be resolved without jail Ernie, unless the guy/girl ended up in hospital for 6 months. TRuly, go get some advice from free lawyers, we had given you ideas about it in the here and now thread. I am sorry to hear that, truly. I wish I was a lawyer, I would get you out of this.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Eram (8th November 2013), MaroonLagoon (9th November 2013), RunningDeer (8th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013), Vitalux (8th November 2013), Wind (8th November 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,182 times in 1,657 posts

Part of this data was handed to our Belgian police force and one of the first things said was that our justice system does not allow provocation of criminal acts so it is impossible for Belgian police to use this model to catch paedophiles (unless the law changes).

However, they said they will look into the data as they feel that it is highly likely that someone who has these talks with a doll not knowing it's a doll also does this with other children even possible taking matters further.

So, perhaps the people that have been pointed out to the police will be put on some watch list until effectively caught.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Eram (8th November 2013), Flash (8th November 2013), Wind (8th November 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,863 times in 659 posts

Very hard to get one's head around but, to be even handed, there are a minority of women involved in this practice too ... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/8022861.stm. Some horrible cases taking place in nursery schools have come to light in the UK in recent years. Though controversial, the character Sybil with a multiple personality disorder in the film of the same name - supposedly based on a true story - was abused by her mother.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Corncrake For This Post:

Chris Gilbert (28th December 2013), Eram (8th November 2013), Flash (8th November 2013), RunningDeer (8th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member spiritguide's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,730 times in 1,479 posts

Society pushes children to adulthood and sexual education at a young age and then wonders why deficits arise in life. Innocence in childhood is being taken away at an alarming rate as the parents allow unknowns to raise their children. Pedophilia is probably a reaction within society to it's total abuse towards it's young. What is the hook to all the children's pageants? We need to look inside on this issue also. Any child abuse is wrong and the lesson we need to learn is to take back the parental responsibility from the state. Lots of evil in this world that needs banishing. IMHO

Peace!
    Perceive beyond the box!

" A warm handshake and a smile will lift more people than any elevator in the world. " - L. Hamel

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to spiritguide For This Post:

camper (14th November 2013), Corncrake (8th November 2013), Eram (8th November 2013), Flash (8th November 2013), MaroonLagoon (9th November 2013), RunningDeer (8th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013), Wind (8th November 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Quote Posted by Selene (here)
    I think there always ought to be a ‘heads up’ alert whenever a man expresses a real interest in tending small children, working in a nursery, pediatrics, etc. even scouting.
    Perhaps the same thing could be said about women tending children too.

But I disagree with your generalization about men.

I worked as a childcare worker or a reform school, I was a softball coach for a group of young children when I was in my early 20's and I never had any sexual desires to abuse people or children. I did it as an act of human kindness.

The OP video definitely is aimed at demonizing men. It deals with an emotional subject and content, and it has been designed to make us feel angry towards men in general. Yes the video is real, but the video is meant to make the viewer feel angry towards men. For example, In the above video it says; " Men virtually rape girls on line"

That is a bit far fetched if the child is willing

Women, are just as capable, and some do abuse children sexually. It is just kept more in the closet.

As long as there are human beings there will always be some form of sexual exploitation of others.

It is part of the program of here, in my opinion, which gives us the opportunity to experience and grow. Rather that growth be as an individual, group, society or race.
    Last edited by Vitalux; 8th November 2013 at 14:14.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Chester (16th November 2013), Chris Gilbert (28th December 2013), Eram (8th November 2013), RunningDeer (8th November 2013), seko (8th November 2013), Selene (8th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013), spiritguide (8th November 2013), Wind (8th November 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

I think this sweetie thing is brilliant, but I am also wondering, what constitutional right will be taken away from the general public when the law is changed in order to gain justice on the pedophile.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

Eram (8th November 2013), Flash (8th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013), Snookie (8th November 2013), spiritguide (8th November 2013)

27. Link to Post #14
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,127 times in 3,536 posts

Hey folks,

It's an interesting initiative, but ethically and legally, it's somewhat questionable.

Do authorities have the right to set someone up, so he commits a crime and is arrested as a consequence of this set up? Legally, it opens a dangerous precedent.

Also, could these people be arrested, if the "victim" itself is not a real person? If there's no real victim, there's no real crime.

This campaign is surely efficient as an eye opener, but legally, it's full of holes, specially when they're dealing with people from several countries, with several legal systems.

Here in Brazil, as an example, this action would be illegal. Our legal system doesn't allow authorities to persuade someone to commit a crime and arrest him as a consequence, e.g; Leave an open car with keys inside just to arrest whoever might decide to take the car for a ride.

These men are presumably pedophiles indeed, but ultimately, they cannot be prosecuted for abusing a computer simulation.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 8th November 2013 at 15:32.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Eram (8th November 2013), Flash (8th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013), spiritguide (8th November 2013)

29. Link to Post #15
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,225 times in 1,108 posts

Thanks for your comments, Vitalux. I appreciate your perspective and certainly did not mean to imply that all men who work with children have an unhealthy interest in them. Children need male mentors and teachers.

My expression of caution, though, arises from two factors:

1) The potential harm that would be caused by a deviant male is a significant one. So even if the overwhelming majority of males are innocuous, the possibility that any one of them may be dangerous requires enhanced security and scrutiny for all. Simple policies such as not allowing a male to be alone with a child in a secluded setting, always requiring two workers, scout leaders etc in a child environment and so on can go a long way to providing protection without implying any issues with individuals.

2) The sad fact remains that, statistically, pedophiles do gravitate to child-vulnerable positions of scouting, coaching, ‘big brother’, daycare, pediatrics, etc. They are overrepresented in those groups which depend on securing the child’s trust. That higher probability here – again, while not indicting any individual – warrants increased caution overall.

And yes, there are undoubtedly some women who are seriously deviant as well. Sad, but true.

Regards,

Selene

Quote Posted by Vitalux (here)
    Quote Posted by Selene (here)
    Perhaps the same thing could be said about women tending children too.

But I disagree with your generalization about men.

I worked as a childcare worker or a reform school, I was a softball coach for a group of young children when I was in my early 20's and I never had any sexual desires to abuse people or children. I did it as an act of human kindness.

The OP video definitely is aimed at demonizing men. It deals with an emotional subject and content, and it has been designed to make us feel angry towards men in general. Yes the video is real, but the video is meant to make the viewer feel angry towards men. For example, In the above video it says; " Men virtually rape girls on line"

That is a bit far fetched if the child is willing

Women, are just as capable, and some do abuse children sexually. It is just kept more in the closet.

As long as there are human beings there will always be some form of sexual exploitation of others.

It is part of the program of here, in my opinion, which gives us the opportunity to experience and grow. Rather that growth be as an individual, group, society or race.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

Eram (8th November 2013), Flash (8th November 2013), Kindling (8th November 2013), seko (8th November 2013), Vitalux (8th November 2013)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

So then you are saying that the government is right, and by extension so is our society, to mistrust every single citizen because there are a few who misrepresent themselves and cheat on their taxes.

This catering to the least common denominator is the reason we are divided - and conquered.

To love is to trust.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Gekko (8th November 2013), spiritguide (8th November 2013), Vitalux (8th November 2013)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)

This campaign is surely efficient as an eye opener, but legally, it's full of holes, specially when they're dealing with people from several countries, with several legal systems.
    the holes are indeed a problem as evident wherever we reside and the key to where we choose to change these entities behind more often than not 'designer laws'. it's a start. if we continue to ignore innocences of the vulnerable we are depraved, common decency and maturity must overcome the denial so ashamedly rampant in society.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to sian For This Post:

Flash (8th November 2013)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Hey folks,

It's an interesting initiative, but ethically and legally, it's somewhat questionable.

Do authorities have the right to set someone up, so he commits a crime and is arrested as a consequence of this set up? Legally, it opens a dangerous precedent.

Also, could these people be arrested, if the "victim" itself is not a real person? If there's no real victim, there's no real crime.

Here in Brazil, as an example, this action would be illegal. Our legal system doesn't allow authorities to persuade someone to commit a crime and arrest him as a consequence, e.g; Leave an open car with keys inside just to arrest whoever might decide to take the car for a ride.

These men are presumably pedophiles indeed, but ultimately, they cannot be prosecuted for abusing a computer simulation.

Raf.
    That explains, in part, the 'thumbs down'.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Flash (8th November 2013), GreenGuy (28th December 2013), RMorgan (8th November 2013), Selene (9th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Reading the comments about the legal and ethical question marks, I suddenly remembered the police force interviewee saying that - as opposed to Belgium - not only the Netherlands but also the American FBI do have the possibility to use these provocative approaches within their regional justice system.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Flash (8th November 2013), RMorgan (8th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Hey folks,

Raf.
    So, what would, in your opinion, be a justified approach when receiving such a report as police in countries like Brazil or Belgium?

Obviously, it would also be wrong to dismiss it as "no real crime has been committed (yet)".

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Violet For This Post:

Flash (8th November 2013), RMorgan (8th November 2013), sian (8th November 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast