+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast

Thread: Project Camelot: Total Recall - my interview with Mark Richards

1. Link to Post #61
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Default Re: Project Camelot: Total Recall - my interview with Mark Richards

I think Kerry was pretty brave to stick her neck out on behalf of the curious, she has done her best, the pressures of recall may have removed the spiritual essence of the messenger though from his description and pride in his personal genetic history ,( see Kerry interview with Joanne Richards) we may expect him to be rather precise and lacking in the tempering abilities of most humans with bad news. I know the prospect of the world that is likely given this information is an awful one, but, we are the curious and we have some more information to throw into the Jigsaw. Peace and love to all seekers of truth.

2. Link to Post #62
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Just a general point on our old friends Evidence and Proof, which crop up in all these debates. The two are not the same, in fact in some ways they are diametrically opposed. Absolute proof is ultimately elusive, while hard evidence can pile up to the point of becoming almost unmanageable.

The closest a court of law can come to 100% certainty is a flagrante delicto, when an offender is caught red-handed. But even then, it depends on the catcher. It may be a police officer, but even police officers can be unreliable, mistaken or dishonest. Alternatively, the accused may confess, but as we all know, confessions do not always equate with truth. Anything less is basically circumstantial evidence, and may have an alternative explanation: even hard evidence can be planted. Take DNA testing: a perfect match means odds of one to say sixty million against chance. Not good enough: on its own it does not constitute proof, because in a population like in the US, there would be another five possible suspects, hence the need for other corroborative evidence.

Secondly, hard evidence can pile up to the point of suggesting one conclusion that seems inescapable, until a further piece of evidence proves it to be totally wrong, albeit extremely close to the truth. To take a fictional example, the famous Agatha Christie novel The Murder of Roger Ackroyd, I have a book that makes a cogent case for the theory that despite the author’s carefully arranged evidence and counter-evidence, leading to the culprit’s confession, the actual perpetrator is not this character at all, but his sister. Regardless of the ‘truth’ of the matter, i.e. one’s personal verdict, you have the amazing potential situation whereby the author herself only came close to solving her own mystery, so close and yet so wrong that it would have led in real life to a miscarriage of justice.

The differences I perceive on this thread are not so much of the right/left brain kind as those that occur between experiencers and non-experiencers. This is the big gap that Avalon is seeking to bridge – the forum has many of both, involving all kinds of experience, and we are probably all both experiencers of this and non-experiencers of that. I posted something the other day suggesting that this has to be dealt with (see below). Whatever this phrase is supposed to mean, it surely includes the following. We are on the path to oneness, and our sundry discussions are that path. All I can suggest is that we suspend disbelief, suspend judgment, and instead of agreeing to disagree, to look forward to the day when we understand that we are all in agreement, about whatever turns out to be. The principle of a journey is that you are not where you were, even a moment ago, and the end point is anything but where you are now.

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)
    Hi Milneman, and thanks for joining in. I myself am not an experiencer but here is the sort of approach one can have to those who are. First get to know and become friends with them as you might with anyone else. Then, when they tell you something out of the ordinary and you know they are of sound mind and not joking, you can either just deal with it, or you can turn your back on a friend. It’s a simple choice, and one thing that distinguishes Avalonians from a lot of other people is that they are much more likely to choose the honourable path.

3. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Caren (12th November 2013), chocolate (10th November 2013), Cognitive Dissident (10th November 2013), dianna (10th November 2013), greybeard (10th November 2013), Hervé (10th November 2013), ktlight (14th November 2013), Limor Wolf (10th November 2013), mahalall (10th November 2013), mountain_jim (10th November 2013), Robin (10th November 2013), sheme (11th November 2013), sian (10th November 2013), Snookie (10th November 2013), spiritwind (10th November 2013)

4. Link to Post #63
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,860 times in 11,838 posts

The challenge is that it is fairly normal to seek conformation, unconsciously, that your held belief is correct.
    Its even possible to manifest the "evidence" that one is right.
    The meaning of the word Scotoma covers this in part.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotoma

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

4evrneo (14th November 2013), araucaria (10th November 2013), chocolate (10th November 2013), Delight (10th November 2013), dianna (10th November 2013), ktlight (14th November 2013), RMorgan (11th November 2013), spiritwind (10th November 2013)

6. Link to Post #64
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,050 times in 3,027 posts

The differences I perceive on this thread are not so much of the right/left brain kind as those that occur between experiencers and non-experiencers. This is the big gap that Avalon is seeking to bridge – the forum has many of both, involving all kinds of experience, and we are probably all both experiencers of this and non-experiencers of that. I posted something the other day suggesting that this has to be dealt with (see below). Whatever this phrase is supposed to mean, it surely includes the following. We are on the path to oneness, and our sundry discussions are that path. All I can suggest is that we suspend disbelief, suspend judgment, and instead of agreeing to disagree, to look forward to the day when we understand that we are all in agreement, about whatever turns out to be. The principle of a journey is that you are not where you were, even a moment ago, and the end point is anything but where you are now.

Hi Milneman, and thanks for joining in. I myself am not an experiencer but here is the sort of approach one can have to those who are. First get to know and become friends with them as you might with anyone else. Then, when they tell you something out of the ordinary and you know they are of sound mind and not joking, you can either just deal with it, or you can turn your back on a friend. It’s a simple choice, and one thing that distinguishes Avalonians from a lot of other people is that they are much more likely to choose the honourable path.
    I very much thank you for your words, araucaria, which are a percised recognition of the conditions of the terrain we are required to play. And your subtle suggestion on how to bridge it.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

4evrneo (14th November 2013), araucaria (10th November 2013), Caren (12th November 2013), chocolate (10th November 2013), dianna (10th November 2013), ktlight (14th November 2013), sheme (11th November 2013), sian (10th November 2013)

8. Link to Post #65
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

We are all different and we experience life (and Kerry ) differently.

I was a total non-believer, some time ago, in all kinds of "extras"- aliens, magic, paranormal, etc. Than something or more than one thing happened as a personal 3D experience and those tings just reshuffled the pieces I had gathered in such a nice comfortable order. ->
    I am trying to say that life and information constantly come in our worlds, and based on where we are, and how we are, we take what we can in the way we can. I was grown up to belief in science, education, the solidity of this world, while at the same time I also had the distractions of things that don't quite fit in that material world. At one point I just started to "speed read" life. I only look at the situation, or information without trying to read them letter by letter or fact by fact. The same way some people who are creative individuals approach their paintings, sketches, writings, music.

Based on everything I have read, experienced and assumed possible, what Kerry brought to the table can be a total recall of 100% facts, can be a mix of truths and lies (disinfo), or personal opinion, but I just don't try to sift through this consciously. All of the information finds its corresponding place to ring true or false. This video for me comes as a not entirely readable sign on a crossroad, nothing more than that. But that doesn't mean I will stop observing the next sign that will be coming.

The less I try to find the more I see. In a world where everything constantly changes, which is the way it has been constructed to be, I have no solid ground, I move in my own way. One friend from the forum once said that we all were once innocent. That state is where I try to be, so that I don't get distracted by things that don't matter and focus more on the things that do matter, which is a subjective, always changing thing.

sheme, I think Bill will say what he needs to say when he needs to say it. I think he is being led by his inner guide, and also I think he is not revealing himself so openly for a reason.
    Last edited by chocolate; 10th November 2013 at 12:33.

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

dianna (10th November 2013), Kalamos (12th November 2013), Peace&Love (10th November 2013), sheme (10th November 2013), sian (10th November 2013), Snookie (10th November 2013), sunflower (10th November 2013), Wind (10th November 2013)

10. Link to Post #66
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,436 times in 1,398 posts

First of all I found the video 100% attention grabbing and hats off to Kerry for remembering what she did with hardly any repeats.

There is a lot to take in and digest but I find it difficult to believe that "they" - who are they btw? the US government or something else - are "filtering" this information out there - and through films and documentaries - when all they have to do is to have one reputable programme (like Panorama or Newsnight) and give it to us straight. Dealing with their deceit would be tricky though. Also, surely the large numbers of ETs themselves who are on the planet with us cannot possibly all remain unnoticed, especially when the "shapeshifting" ability is "not as David Icke has led us to believe". Major mass sighting would be on a worldwide scale surely . . .? Also, why are so many different races interested in Planet Earth when there are hundreds of millions of billions of other planets in the universe and hundreds etc of other universes? I mean - really?? And what's happening to their own planets while their armies are trying to take ours over . . . . .? Are ETs trying to take over their planets, eating them as they go . . . .

I don't have any problem with them eating us btw. If we were still in the bows and arrows stage we would still be part of the food chain after all, so being eaten by a reptilian or a tiger is still being eaten imo.

But still a very good video and lots of information to be put aside and evaluated together with other information.
    Last edited by Miller; 10th November 2013 at 12:38.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miller For This Post:

dianna (10th November 2013), DNA (13th December 2013), ktlight (11th November 2013), RMorgan (10th November 2013), sheme (11th November 2013)

12. Link to Post #67
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Hey folks,

As for the problem of evidence regarding such cases.

Honestly, I swear, if I was working in one of those highly secretive and obscure military projects involving ETs, I would try as hard as I could to gather some evidence, even if it's one picture or one document, for my own protection, just to give me some leverage in case they eventually decided to terminate me.

I know that these environments are highly controlled, which makes it very hard to gather some evidence unnoticed, but it's always possible. Some of these guys are trained on espionage techniques, and, anyway, there are always flaws to be explored in any system, mostly human flaws. There's no perfect security system when there are humans involved.

However, I recognize that military people tend to obey orders without giving them any more thought, but at least some of them would follow my above reasoning.

Given the fact that we have had quite a few "whistle-blowers" along the years that allegedly participated in such operations, some of them, if genuine, must have some evidence. Maybe that's even the reason for some of them to still be alive.

However, as we know, some people have higher moral standards, and would really risk their own lives to get such important information, if indeed real, to the public. Bradley Manning is a recent example, among many others.

So, where are those people with evidence? I mean, there were so many alleged "whistle-blowers" in this field along the years...We should really have had access to some evidence by now, specially noways, when we have fairly good anonymous methods to release such evidence to the public.

Sure, I don't doubt for a second that there are military bases studying the ET issue. Some of them may indeed have a few crashed crafts. Maybe some of them may even have a kidnapped alive specimen within their facilities. Maybe some have established contact with a couple of races indeed...

However, this thing of lots of different ETs working together in those bases, and augmentations, and interracial wars in the middle of the ocean, and super soldiers, and portals, and teleportation and intergalactic "cold wars"...That would be too much trouble to keep it all a secret, if that was true. Specially considering that according to a lot of those "sources" these operations are not contained just within the US government, but lots of other countries and governments are also involved.

Those of you who have worked in companies where privacy is a serious business know how hard it is to keep information contained inside a regular office. Now, just multiply the scope of the seriousness of such information by a thousand, and spread it through tens of different offices within different countries with different corruption levels and security technology standards...It would be impossible to contain it. It would leak, like secret military and governmental information leak all the time, and with evidence.

Sorry, but as far as we know and as far as evidence goes, we can be sure that we've been visited by ETs, due to the overwhelming amount of unquestionable multiple witnesses, pictures and videos...Aside from that, we don't know much else.

I'll never simply believe all this apparently fantastic things just because someone said so...I've seen a lot of alleged super-soldier videos and interviews, but none of them had demonstrated their super powers on camera, which should be fairly easy to do...I've seen lots of videos of people who allegedly know the location of some "portals", but none of them actually showed the exact location of them...I've seen lots of videos of people claiming lots of things, but none of them were able to tell their stories without falling into several contradictions or at least reasonably substantiating them, even if only by not making any holes in it...And most of them were proven wrong after a while, anyway.

The very few serious and truly professional alternative media interviewers out there, like Bill, are seemingly retired...The active alternative media interviewers are not really that bright, apparently unable to conduct their investigations and interviews without contaminating them with their own agendas and personal convictions...

So, that's it...There are those sorts of videos and those sorts of stories and interviews...Probably, twenty years from now, there will still be this sort of things and people will still be discussing them on forums like this on the internet. Those alleged "whistle-blowers" come and go like flies...As soon as people get tired of one of them, there's another one, and another one, and so on...

There should be evidence by now, a substantial amount of it, in fact, if all those many fantastic claims were at least close to the truth. Personally, I'll never believe something just because someone said so; It goes against my principles.

As far as I understand, the current alternative media people are not even close to be looking for the truth. They are just on their personal journeys to confirm their own versions of the truth and their own beliefs, just making it public instead of keeping it private...This isn't, even by far, proper investigative journalism and will just keep them running around in circles indefinitely. Call it what you want, but not journalism, and whatever comes out of it, is not information but just imaginative speculation.

Just my two cents.

Raf.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 10th November 2013 at 13:15.

13. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

Alekahn2 (10th November 2013), blufire (10th November 2013), Corncrake (10th November 2013), dianna (10th November 2013), Gardener (10th November 2013), greybeard (10th November 2013), Mike (11th November 2013), mosquito (11th November 2013), OnyxKnight (10th November 2013), Peace&Love (10th November 2013), sheme (10th November 2013), SilentFeathers (10th November 2013), Teti75 (10th November 2013), vortex surfer (11th November 2013), Wind (10th November 2013)

14. Link to Post #68
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,308 times in 5,717 posts

Quote Posted by mariposafe (here)
    Quote Posted by RMorgan (here)
    Another important thing that should be noted, is that Kerry is not, even by far, an ideal impartial interviewer. She's always sharing her views with her interviewees, when she's not trying to push her views to them altogether.

The Ison issue is crucial here. I bet the man never heard about Ison before Kerry asked him about it. His answer is, of course, predictable; He didn't have the time to fabricate anything about it, he never heard about it before, so he told her he would try find information about it and get in touch with her later...
    Exactly.

Something else which no-one appears to have noticed is that this IS NOT an interview you are watching, it's the interviewer's recall of the interview.

And another thing - If the PTB wanted to silence him, why go to the expense of keeping him in prison ? Far easier to do what they normally do.

This isn't anything to do with left-brained versus right-brained people (divide and conquer), nor is it to do with the existence or non-existence of alien races. It's to do with gullibility, susceptibility and the willingness of people to accept almost anything without question. We should question EVERYTHING, be it from the MSM, our parents our friends, our egos, inept interviewers or "whistleblowers".

Maybe we should all dedicate some time everyday to going inside and "interviewing" our true selves.
    Love your post. I'll take your advice very gratefully!!

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

greybeard (10th November 2013), mosquito (11th November 2013), RMorgan (10th November 2013), sheme (11th November 2013), sian (10th November 2013), SilentFeathers (10th November 2013)

16. Link to Post #69
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Limor (here)

I very much thank you for your words, araucaria, which are a percised recognition of the conditions of the terrain we are required to play. And your subtle suggestion on how to bridge it.
    This is absolutely wonderful to know you will absolutely experience a terrain where you will find agreement as you want it's presence. You all at the same time are creator of experience.

Plucking this one statement out of context
    Quote "All I can suggest is that we suspend disbelief, suspend judgment, and instead of agreeing to disagree, to look forward to the day when we understand that we are all in agreement, about whatever turns out to be. The principle of a journey is that you are not where you were, even a moment ago, and the end point is anything but where you are now."
    The end point can change and if we are looking at the multiverse as non-linear, we may just BE wherever we choose at any moment IF we have this belief.
    My commitment is to the power of wielding our mundane BELIEF to work like a laser and seek that place choosen to BE.

I 100% support the vision that sees all able to manifest consciously what is preferred.

It is the appropriate USE of discernment of what is DESIRED? our own chosen masters the day. This is already true because of the laws that we use.

There are piles of evidence that we are being asked to suspend disbelief in the face of the psychological operations like Sandy Hook. Then we have been asked to believe ONE accepted version and stop questioning. This trains all our minds to either agree or suspend our disbelief and be quiet. Our own minds get used in the agenda.

I think there is the same activity from the alternate spin of the same concept about humanity and life and the possibilities we were meant to achieve. To who's advantage is it that we believe the information Kerry presented. To what AIM will this lead?

These are personal questions because in the ONE we are meant to achieve the impossible of a unique experienece all together and all in harmony IMO. That is why I will not suspend my disbelief, or my judgement of the information's use to me. Agreement to disagree is actually exactly what I will say to any front that has nothing for me.

This is about fulfilling the ability of the human in this play pen to be the ones who make it the chosen heaven on earth.

I want to choose mine.
    You will have the choice of yours unless you accept the ones chosen for you.

The funny thing about heaven in matter is that for a bird it is air, for a fish it is water, for an earth worm it is the earthy loam, for a sprite it is fire, for whom is the aether heaven?(is it our interdimensionals). And for HUMAN? These are real questions for me and I am taking mariposes advice to interview myself.

Then I will say YES and I will say NO to what is presented. Not all ideas are useful. Some ideas are Divine.
    Last edited by Delight; 10th November 2013 at 15:43.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

greybeard (10th November 2013), sheme (11th November 2013), SilentFeathers (10th November 2013)

18. Link to Post #70
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,548 times in 931 posts

@Rmorgan - As far as the evidence trail goes, I believe Gary McKinnon (who is also facing jail time) is worth adding him on that pile of more credible cases.

I agree with the rest of your post.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Post:

Alekahn2 (10th November 2013), blufire (10th November 2013), Gardener (10th November 2013), greybeard (10th November 2013), meat suit (10th November 2013), RMorgan (10th November 2013), SilentFeathers (10th November 2013), Snookie (10th November 2013), Wind (11th November 2013)

20. Link to Post #71
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,371 times in 388 posts

[QUOTE=RMorgan;755457]
    Quote Posted by waves (here)
    Another important thing that should be noted, is that Kerry is not, even by far, an ideal impartial interviewer. She's always sharing her views with her interviewees, when she's not trying to push her views to them altogether.

The Ison issue is crucial here. I bet the man never heard about Ison before Kerry asked him about it. His answer is, of course, predictable; He didn't have the time to fabricate anything about it, he never heard about it before, so he told her he would try find information about it and get in touch with her later...

Anyway, let alone the fact the the whole interview is absolutely and clearly polluted and mixed up with Kerry's own views and opinions...It's hard to discern when she's speaking her own mind from when she's simply reproducing what the man said.

Raf.
    This is exactly what I was thinking as I was listening (and I see others have the same concerns as well as Raf).

Kerry always seems to want to validate her own information. I wish interviewers would just give people the mike (where possible) and tell them to get on with it. I think it is much easier to expand on somebody else's views than to build a completely credible story on your own. Such interviews reduce the credibility of any genuine story imo.

I suppose you could make one or two things up and then throw that at the interviewe. See where it goes .
    Last edited by One; 10th November 2013 at 15:11.

21. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to One For This Post:

Gardener (10th November 2013), greybeard (10th November 2013), ktlight (14th November 2013), RMorgan (11th November 2013), SilentFeathers (10th November 2013), Wind (11th November 2013)

22. Link to Post #72
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 times in 4,311 posts

If he was truly a whistleblower, knew the absolute truth and was a liability in that respect, then I find it difficult to believe that Kerry would've had access to him. In fact, being a real threat to TPTB it is more likely he would've been 'removed' from the equation entirely, and not merely incarcerated. It is also unusual, given the fact that he has been locked up all this time, that his information is so current. The only way that could happen is if 'someone' has kept him informed - spoon fed him bits of information over time. And taking into account that he is a liability, it is highly likely that the information he has received is false, or at least a mixture of truth and falsehood to make any story he reveals to journalists like Kerry, seem like reality.

Thus I think a lot of this is disinformation. Some truth yes. Perhaps the overall picture Kerry paints is more or less right, but many of the details are not. I say this not just because of the logic of the above argument, but much of this just does not align with my own personal knowledge and beliefs. Some of it feels definitely right, some does not, which is why I think this interview was a deliberate disinfo-bomb (even if the Capt. Richards was unaware of it).
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Gardener (10th November 2013), mosquito (11th November 2013), sheme (11th November 2013), SilentFeathers (10th November 2013), Snookie (10th November 2013), Wind (11th November 2013)

24. Link to Post #73
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 times in 1,042 posts

Thank you for your above post RMorgan and I include my voice with OnyxKnight’s in agreement

Personally the last 3 years I have been, for all reason and purpose, secluded deep in the mountains. Almost immediately after leaving the insanity of the ‘rat race’ the noise and confusion began peeling away and clarity began to take its place.

This new found clarity also includes the elimination of the ‘noise and chaos’ of the alternative world and media.

Thread after thread, video after video, whistle blower after whistle blower, we hear the same stories or version only altered by that persons opinion or direct experience and then all other evidence or projection to the future drops off into a deep chasm . . . .all that is left is confusion, fear and chaos or worst of all apathy as to what path to take moving forward with resolve and direction.

Since the ‘noise and confusion’ of the worldly rat race and alternative media peeled away and this clarity has began to manifest I find myself in an even more precarious place, because what is clear to me now is so different than what the alternative world believes and is expounding upon that I find myself alone in what I see so clearly.

So I have never fit in with the world in general and I clearly no longer have a place in the alternative world either.

Even though I may be alone, I am not lonely, but I feel great sadness and empathy. I guess I will try to keep explaining or sharing what I see and Know, but mostly I just much rather not even try any longer.

25. Link to Post #74
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Hey folks,

As for the problem of evidence regarding such cases.

[...]

However, as we know, some people have higher moral standards, and would really risk their own lives to get such important information, if indeed real, to the public. Bradley Manning is a recent example, among many others.

[...]

Raf.
    Phil Schneider used to bring and dispaly material, physical evidences when still able to tour around...
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

dianna (10th November 2013), Gardener (10th November 2013), gripreaper (10th November 2013), RMorgan (10th November 2013), Snookie (10th November 2013)

27. Link to Post #75
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,139 times in 2,883 posts

Quote Posted by blufire (here)
    Thank you for your above post RMorgan and I include my voice with OnyxKnight’s in agreement

Personally the last 3 years I have been, for all reason and purpose, secluded deep in the mountains. Almost immediately after leaving the insanity of the ‘rat race’ the noise and confusion began peeling away and clarity began to take its place.

This new found clarity also includes the elimination of the ‘noise and chaos’ of the alternative world and media.

Thread after thread, video after video, whistle blower after whistle blower, we hear the same stories or version only altered by that persons opinion or direct experience and then all other evidence or projection to the future drops off into a deep chasm . . . .all that is left is confusion, fear and chaos or worst of all apathy as to what path to take moving forward with resolve and direction.

Since the ‘noise and confusion’ of the worldly rat race and alternative media peeled away and this clarity has began to manifest I find myself in an even more precarious place, because what is clear to me now is so different than what the alternative world believes and is expounding upon that I find myself alone in what I see so clearly.

So I have never fit in with the world in general and I clearly no longer have a place in the alternative world either.

Even though I may be alone, I am not lonely, but I feel great sadness and empathy. I guess I will try to keep explaining or sharing what I see and Know, but mostly I just much rather not even try any longer.
    The spirit of the mountains have done the same for me, I am much more centered and grounded here and clarity is easier obtained. The lies and deception seem a lot more clear and ridiculous now living in a more static free environment. I.m in the smokies (blue smoke mountains), but strangley the smoke is not so thick here
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Alekahn2 (11th November 2013), blufire (10th November 2013), dianna (10th November 2013), Gardener (10th November 2013), Wind (11th November 2013)

29. Link to Post #76
    Thanks

In response to Blufire, it is true that human's who start tuning in to something outside the collective agreements "go it alone" in terms of the race.
    This has been the truth that metaphysicians speak. There is an underlying structure that manages appearances of the Material. We are always creating the appearance with our own beliefs and our Faith in these.

It is using more elegant principles in the mundane from a larger context that makes us masters of limitation (as Bashar says it)

In the 1900's many voices were heard that brought some very valuable pointers to how to have a life and really enjoy it.

One is Florence Scovel Schinn who wrote a book. The Game of life and How to play It. Media does help us when we resonate to its message in Joy as it reiterates what we know we feel Faith in.

The World of the Wondrous is God in manifestation of Thy Glory. I think Blufire is right on about trying to share except for one reason...what we give out as our truth helps consolidate it for us.

http://www.psicounsel.com/thegameoflife.pdf

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

dianna (10th November 2013), mosquito (11th November 2013)

31. Link to Post #77
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,548 times in 931 posts

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)

Phil Schneider used to bring and dispaly material, physical evidences when still able to tour around...
    Through contact with a couple of people (one of them being here on Avalon too), it turns out Phil might have been a bit more of a storyteller rather than a truthteller. In other words, that a lot of his testimony was false.

I'm not 100% convinced, but it did get me thinking. In terms of, how credible is a person? If he shows "evidence", and then turns out that he was a fraud (not implying on Phil, just in general sense), or somebody who have provided zero evidence, but everything said by him A to Z not only resonates but fills the gaps between whatever information is out there?

And one of the things that stands as fact is that a lot of the information out there has big holes in it that rarely anyone turns up that provides something else to fill them in.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OnyxKnight For This Post:

blufire (10th November 2013), Snookie (10th November 2013)

33. Link to Post #78
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Well spoken everybody. I think it may benefit us to examine the idea of "evidence." I think another thread talked about this, but I'll explain a bit what evidence means to science:

When it comes to evidence, science seeks concrete evidence. Charles Darwin, for instance, supported his theory of evolution by natural selection by working with finches and showing their beak structures.

When conducting a study, scientists analyze data and test a Confidence Interval. If hard sciences such as chemistry, physics, and biology come up with a significance level of less than 5% (by doing complex data analyses), then they can reject the null hypothesis that there is no significance in their data.

Having a value below 5% means that the researcher is 95% confident that their data holds to their parameter of being valid.

This means that they can accept, with confidence, that there is significance in their alternative hypothesis (for instance: Darwin can accept that evolution does work by natural selection).

If concrete evidence is not available to support a theory, such as the case of ET intervention, scientists must rely on other methods to gain confidence to support or reject their theories. Psychology, for example, is a "soft science." Psychology researchers cannot come up with concrete evidence most of the time as they deal with opinions, preferences, and biases.

That being said, psychologists are credited with research validity by making it more difficult for them to gain Confidence Intervals. If they are to acquire confidence in their ability to reject or accept their hypothesis, they must come up with a significance level less than 1%.

This means that it is much more difficult for them to come up with significant data than hard science. Rightfully so as they deal with the opinions of people. An example of this would be analyzing data of people who answer the question: Do you believe UFOs exist and are operated by beings off planet?

My point here is that science draws a heavy line in giving significance to data. Psychologists publish studies all the time when they gather data by going off of what somebody claims to say. Nothing more.

So, according to the ethics of science, I could conduct the following study:
    • Find people from all over the world who claim that they have been visited by a Reptilian ET race.
    • The people are different ages, from different nations, and have differing beliefs.
    • They all do not know one another and do not have access to television or the internet.
    • Gather data by asking them certain questions without giving anything away.
    • Avoid biased questions, and instead allow them to tell you what they saw (i.e. I saw a Reptilian) and do not record biased opinions (i.e. they claim that it was benevolent).
    As far as science goes, this is a valid study. If I were to get a significant result (either rejecting or accepting my hypothesis), then I could publish this study in an reputable journal.

To me, this kind of information is already present. Hundreds of people from all over the world--who do not have regular access to television and the internet thereby are not biased--have made similar claims to what we talk about on this forum. As far as research in psychology goes, which cannot gain hard evidence most of the time, this type of data is totally valid.

We must draw a line somewhere as human beings if we are to analyze the claims people make. That is why I give people the benefit of the doubt.

As a researcher, the burden of truth and evidence lies on the hands of the debunkers.
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

dianna (10th November 2013), OnyxKnight (10th November 2013)

35. Link to Post #79
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

[QUOTE=One;755779]
    Quote Posted by waves (here)

Anyway, let alone the fact the the whole interview is absolutely and clearly polluted and mixed up with Kerry's own views and opinions...It's hard to discern when she's speaking her own mind from when she's simply reproducing what the man said.

Raf.
    This is exactly what I was thinking as I was listening (and I see others have the same concerns as well as Raf).

Kerry always seems to want to validate her own information. I wish interviewers would just give people the mike (where possible) and tell them to get on with it. I think it is much easier to expand on somebody else's views than to build a completely credible story on your own. Such interviews reduce the credibility of any genuine story imo.

I suppose you could make one or two things up and then throw that at the interviewe. See where it goes .
    Have any of you done the experiment in a class where some one is told a story and that one person tells another. Then that person tells another, and on and on. By even the first generation the story is at times not even close to the first telling of the story.
    With that being said, Kerry has her own very strong beliefs. Like some have mentioned, Kerry has even corrected or plain told interviewees that they were wrong. I strongly suggest what she attempted to capture on video is highly suspect.
    Please do not misunderstand, I believe she went to the prison and had a visit with the man. I am sure some of what she said was 100% accurate but any second had info just cant be taken too seriously.

I must say that I do enjoy Kerry's interviews very much, just not this kind.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to JohnJ For This Post:

dianna (10th November 2013)

37. Link to Post #80
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)

As a researcher, the burden of truth and evidence lies on the hands of the debunkers.

I agree with everything you say, besides this part.

Honestly, I don't see how you jumped to this conclusion.

A lot of claims in the alternative media could and should be proved by the person who's making the claim. e.g; If someone claims to be a super soldier, stop talking and do something super for everyone to see.

If someone tells a wild story, like it happens all the time in the alternative media, and wants people to believe him, he's the one who's got to substantiate his story.

Anyway, ideally, it's up to the interviewer to point flaws in a story and to ask basic questions like who, when, how and why...As we know, it rarely happens, so we're left with incomplete, unclear, unsubstantiated and unverified information, with little potential validity as far as quality of information goes.

Now, it's up to each one of us to decide what to do with this information. If there's no way to confirm it, it goes straight to the realm of beliefs, which doesn't give it any more validity, of course.

Personally, if someone wants me to believe that there's an "alien cold war" going on, with portals, teleportation, super soldiers, hundreds of races involved, cyborgs, clones and everything else included, I can't really see how it's up to me to prove he's lying. As far as I can see, if he can't substantiate his story himself, then it's just a story and as valid as information as a story can possibly be.
    Last edited by RMorgan; 10th November 2013 at 16:52.

38. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RMorgan For This Post:

blufire (10th November 2013), Delight (10th November 2013), dianna (10th November 2013), Gardener (10th November 2013), Ivanhoe (13th November 2013), meat suit (10th November 2013), Mike (11th November 2013), mosquito (11th November 2013), OnyxKnight (10th November 2013), SilentFeathers (10th November 2013), Wind (11th November 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 4 6 LastLast