+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1 7 17

Thread: Liver detox / Liver flush

1. Link to Post #321
    United States Moderator (on Sabbatical) Shannon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,064 times in 1,211 posts

Default Re: Liver detox / Liver flush

RunningDeer, my homegirl...thank you so much! The info you posted is super helpful , i will be healthier and happier because of you

Why are you so dam information efficient ? got any recipes for that?

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shannon For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th April 2016), Calz (30th April 2016), Elixir (1st May 2016), fourty-two (17th April 2016), Hervé (18th April 2016), Jean-Marie (17th April 2016), RunningDeer (17th April 2016)

3. Link to Post #322
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Saint Theresa (here)
    RunningDeer, my homegirl...thank you so much! The info you posted is super helpful , i will be healthier and happier because of you
    Your welcome and continued health to you, ST, hubby and All that happen by.

Why are you so dam information efficient ? got any recipes for that?
    Anal retentive. (pun intended) I cancel it out with behaviors like:
    • unmade bed
    • messy sock draw
    • clothes piled on the special chair
    • leave the toilet seat up
    Kidding aside. Often, as part of my process into the unknown, I gather and organize. Small, incremental steps make it less daunting and create a successful finale.

Or…it just means I’m stalling to do that pressing thing I promised myself to do.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 20th April 2016 at 00:50.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (17th April 2016), Calz (30th April 2016), Elixir (1st May 2016), Hervé (18th April 2016), Jean-Marie (17th April 2016)

5. Link to Post #323
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 790 posts

I have done a lot more reading, Dr. Hulda Clark's website is very informative. Today I am starting the parasite detox which she suggests should be done first. According to her instructions, the liver cleanse will only remove the dead parasites and will not remove the live ones or the eggs. I do not know if I have parasites, but the object here is to get the digestive system working top notch to have the best health possible.

For the removal of parasites, I bought a bottle of Black Walnut Hull-wormwood-clove complex.

After the parasite cleanse, the kidney cleanse should be done second. Bill provided a link in an earlier post that eliminates the kidney stones http://www.getwellstaywellathome.com...aspx?recid=346

Then the liver cleanse will remove all the stones and the parasites that can cause the liver flukes.

-jean-marie

6. Link to Post #324
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jean-Marie (here)
    I have done a lot more reading, Dr. Hulda Clark's website is very informative. Today I am starting the parasite detox which she suggests should be done first. According to her instructions, the liver cleanse will only remove the dead parasites and will not remove the live ones or the eggs. I do not know if I have parasites, but the object here is to get the digestive system working top notch to have the best health possible.

For the removal of parasites, I bought a bottle of Black Walnut Hull-wormwood-clove complex.

After the parasite cleanse, the kidney cleanse should be done second. Bill provided a link in an earlier post that eliminates the kidney stones http://www.getwellstaywellathome.com...aspx?recid=346

Then the liver cleanse will remove all the stones and the parasites that can cause the liver flukes.

-jean-marie
    Jean-Marie, purity soon alls that’ll be left is an echo in that 'spic and span' avatar.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th April 2016), Calz (30th April 2016), Elixir (1st May 2016), Hervé (18th April 2016), Jean-Marie (18th April 2016)

8. Link to Post #325
    Thanks

I did my 2nd liver/gallbladder flush today.

I used this method:

http://www.falconblanco.com/health/cleansing/liver.html

It's fairly straightforward and self-explanatory and it works.

I did the Epsom salt with water rather than grapefruit juice or apple juice and I used freshly squeezed limes with the olive oil rather than grapefruit juice. The Epsom salt and water mix tastes like you are drinking ear wax or something but the olive oil and lime potion was even worse for me.

On the first flush, the first 2 Epsom salt drinks produced no symptoms of note other than a bit of bowel gurgling. That morning I had bananas and raisins for breakfast, and a papaya and raisins for lunch. I ate nothing after 12pm. When I lay down on the bed after the olive oil/lime drink at 10pm, my liver/gallbladder/abdomen region immediately started to spasm. This was neither painful or pleasant and it continued in waves every 5 minutes or so until I fell asleep after about 2 hours of observing it. It feels like you are gonna have to run to the bathroom for a major bout of diarrhea at any minute but you don't end up having to go until the next morning.

The next morning I drank the first Epsom salt water drink at 6am and passed a solid stool right away. I had a feeling of nausea and a headache and felt quite weak so I went back to bed to lie down. More rumbling and gurgling in my bowels. I passed a semi solid stool at 7am, went back to bed and then drank the final Epsom salt water drink at 8am. This was not easy. Horrible taste.

I immediately had to go to the bathroom after this and that was where I spent the next 2 and a half hours with about 2 dozen bowel movements during that time, all diarrhea. I passed about 300 small stones in total with around 50 larger ones about the size of a chickpea or almond. The 300 smaller ones were a pea green colour and the larger ones all emerald green. They were all soft and waxy. Here's a picture of some of the bigger ones:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160416_183544.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	33405

After all this I was fairly sapped of energy so didn't venture outside until the next day. I drank the first set of potions on Friday night and passed the stones Saturday morning so I had the rest of the weekend to recover. I was back to normal by Saturday evening. I wouldnt advise doing the flush if you have to work or go anywhere the day after you do the olive oil mix. Do it on Friday or Saturday and use the next day to recover your energy at home.

I then waited 2 weeks and did the 2nd flush this morning. I did everything the same except for the Epsom salt water this morning. I only used half the suggested amount of Epsom salt because the diarrhea on the first flush was so intense. The taste was far easier to stomach. I had a solid bowel movement straight away at 6am and another one at 7am. I then had mild diarrhea at 8am after the final glass of Epsom water and again at 9am but no stones passed. Around 9.30 the stones started passing every 15 minutes or so rather than every 5 minutes the way they did on the first flush. The trade off was that instead of the stones being all pooped out by 10:30am as they were on the first flush, the final stone didn't pass until 1:30pm. I felt far less dehydrated and nauseous though so it was worth it for me. I would highly recommend sipping on a litre or two of water while you are passing the stones between 8am and midday. I did this on today's flush and felt much better because of it.

There were fewer stones in today's second flush but the large ones were about twice the size as the large ones in the first flush. The size of Brazil nuts rather than almonds. I flushed out about 150 smaller pea green ones and about 50 of the larger emerald green types. There was no pain whatsoever when they were passing. Here's a photo of some of today's larger stones:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0359.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	33406
    Last edited by David Hughes; 28th July 2018 at 10:19.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to David Hughes For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th April 2016), Calz (30th April 2016), Elixir (1st May 2016), fourty-two (5th May 2016), Hervé (30th April 2016), Jean-Marie (30th April 2016), RunningDeer (30th April 2016), Starlight22 (5th May 2016), Wind (1st May 2016)

10. Link to Post #326
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by David Hughes (here)
    I did the Epsom salt with water rather than grapefruit juice or apple juice and I used freshly squeezed limes with the olive oil rather than grapefruit juice.
    Thanks, David.

Note, in the Andreas Moritz protocol the epsom salts is not mixed with apple juice. The apple juice or it’s substitute - apple cider vinegar - is used six days out to soften the stones.

Your method is less complicated. I’d go with yours but include the Bragg’s apple cider vinegar prep phase. I agree about the olive oil. It’s the hardest to chug down. I used orange juice rather than grapefruit juice.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (30th April 2016), Calz (30th April 2016), Elixir (1st May 2016), Jean-Marie (2nd May 2016)

12. Link to Post #327
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,389 times in 1,715 posts

I by passed this thread so many times, but since I have had two consecutive cholestrol readings of 6.6 and 6.7 with high bad cholestrol levels, I thought I would spend the time reading threw the detox program, im glad I did because should help to reduce my cholestrol level amongst all the other benefits listed here .

Thank you to all the contributors to this thread.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd May 2016), Elixir (1st May 2016), Jean-Marie (2nd May 2016), RunningDeer (30th April 2016)

14. Link to Post #328
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,644 times in 21,530 posts

Quote Posted by BMJ (here)
    I by passed this thread so many times, but since I have had two consecutive cholestrol readings of 6.6 and 6.7 with high bad cholestrol levels, I thought I would spend the time reading threw the detox program, im glad I did because should help to reduce my cholestrol level amongst all the other benefits listed here .

I would suggest that the goal regarding cholesterol should not be to reduce it, but rather to determine why it's "high" and address that, in a healthy way.

Cholesterol is an essential part of our bodies ... absolutely essential ... and the body makes more of it when there is a need, such as from an unhealthy condition of the blood or gut or some tissues, often related to our diet not suiting our body well.

I like to put it like this:
    Imagine a big wig politician noticing, as he is driven around in his limousine, that he often hears of fatalities on the highways occurring just where he happened to see an ambulance beside the road. So he proposes a bill to ban ambulances from the roads. Duh!
    The lipoproteins (which is what a typical blood cholesterol test is actually measuring) are like the trucks and ambulances and other such service and transportation vehicles on our highways ... absolutely essential to our present day economy. Liproproteins carry vital cholesterol to and from the brain, liver, and other various tissues of the body.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd May 2016), BMJ (1st May 2016), Calz (1st May 2016), Elixir (1st May 2016), Eram (30th April 2016), Jean-Marie (2nd May 2016), Mike (30th April 2016), RunningDeer (30th April 2016)

16. Link to Post #329
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by BMJ (here)

I would suggest that the goal regarding cholesterol should not be to reduce it, but rather to determine why it's "high" and address that, in a healthy way.

Cholesterol is an essential part of our bodies ... absolutely essential ... and the body makes more of it when there is a need, such as from an unhealthy condition of the blood or gut or some tissues, often related to our diet not suiting our body well.

Imagine a big wig politician noticing, as he is driven around in his limousine, that he often hears of fatalities on the highways occurring just where he happened to see an ambulance beside the road. So he proposes a bill to ban ambulances from the roads. Duh!
    The lipoproteins (which is what a typical blood cholesterol test is actually measuring) are like the trucks and ambulances and other such service and transportation vehicles on our highways ... absolutely essential to our present day economy. Liproproteins carry vital cholesterol to and from the brain, liver, and other various tissues of the body.
    Whew...thanks for posting, Paul.

After reading BMJ's post, I pulled out all my information and got overwhelmed about passing how much and which sites, books, posts, videos. I’m still in training on how to temper the don’t overload everyone with information gene.

Add to that, this past winter I went into information overload (enjoyed every moment of it) on the right foods. I came away with there's a heck-of-a-lot of conflicting information. It reinforced how everyone needs to research, experiment for themselves AND be willing to change-up their beliefs. Take for example, the Nutritionfacts.org is seven pages deep with with videos, studies and information on cholesterol alone.

I'll sneak in this one bit...exercise is an important component. To stay motivated, I'll pull out a couple of my Covert Bailey’s books as a reminder to use it, or loose it.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd May 2016), BMJ (1st May 2016), Calz (1st May 2016), Elixir (1st May 2016), Eram (30th April 2016), Jean-Marie (2nd May 2016), ThePythonicCow (30th April 2016)

18. Link to Post #330
    Thanks

Hi Paul and Runingdear,
    Firstly thank you, I understand the good versus bad cholesterol ratio and also the need for cholesterol. I have neglected my health for a while doing all the bad things like not exercising, sleeping right or eating right . So I am redressing this by changing my life style, doctors orders. As to cause I am still reading up on this.
    My doctor suggested exercising I took it a step further by trying to get between 6-8 hours sleep, eating right going back to my salad lunches, snacking on nuts and dry fruit and cutting out ice cream, biscuits and chocolate bars etc. So after doing what I was meant to do, which I will continue with, I get a second reading after three months of 6.7. I thought I would have lowered my cholestrol and would be on the right track with my change in life style, but I was shocked about the second reading of 6.7.

So I thought I would take a look at this thread and after reading about the benefits of liver detox it seemed like a good idea. The detox will not redress my cholestrol level but it will clean my liver and gall bladder and this may have a flow on affect in relation to my cholestrol.
    In the mean time I will continue to investigate possible causes for high cholestrol and compare the causes to my life style and continue to make positive changes.
    Last edited by BMJ; 2nd May 2016 at 13:22.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd May 2016), Jean-Marie (2nd May 2016), RunningDeer (1st May 2016)

20. Link to Post #331
    Language
    English
    Thanks

You guys can feel free to tell me to read the full thread and stop asking stupid questions :D
    I used Hulda Clark's method. It’s less complicated, with two major differences from Andreas Moritz way: no six day apple juice prep nor enemas.

Here's the basic template:

6:00 p.m. - 1st epsom
    8:00 p.m. - 2nd epsom

10:00 p.m. - *oil/juice (I used cold orange juice)

6:00 a.m. - 3rd epsom
    8:00 a.m. - 4th epsom

10:00 a.m. - juice
    10:30 a.m. - fruit
    11:30 a.m. - regular food (keep it light)

Quick reference:

Epsom salt - mix 1/4c of epsom salts + 24 oz filter water, divide into 4 mason jar (4/6oz servings)

oil/juice = 4 oz (1/2 c) extra virgin olive oil and 6 oz (3/4 c) juice, and shake 20 times. LAY DOWN IMMEDIATELY - flat on your back or on right side. Raised head with pillow. Lay still 20 minutes with attention on liver.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 2nd May 2016 at 14:48.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd May 2016), BMJ (2nd May 2016), fourty-two (5th May 2016), Jean-Marie (2nd May 2016)

22. Link to Post #332
    Thanks

How did you get on with it RunningDeer?

For clarification, it's not my own method. As far as im aware its Hulda Clark's. Here it is again for anyone interested:

I came across several flushes while searching the internet and this one was by far the most straightforward. Another thing I should mention is that ive been eating nothing but fruit for 6 months straight so I figured my bowels were in decent enough shape to pass the stones without the need for any prep phase.

BMJ - I got my blood-work done after 3 months on the fruit and my cholesterol dropped 36% - from 6.1 to 3.9 without any liver flush.

I get that 6 months on fruit is a bit on the extreme side and not practical for most folk but my own opinion is that lying on your back having your chest cut open by a stranger is far more extreme. Eat more fruit, veg, herbs, lay off the fast food and deserts, ditch the processed food, ditch the meat, avoid dairy (cheese, milk, cream, butter etc), and lower your portions of complex carbs (bread, rice, pasta etc). If you must have complex carbs try and eat more wholegrain rather than the processed white stuff. Do all that for 3 months and throw in a bit of exercise and meditation and your cholesterol numbers will come right down.

Back to the flush.....

These are the measurements I used for anyone unfamiliar with ounces and cups.

I put 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt in a 500ml glass and poured in 375mls of water and stirred it until the salt dissolved. I then marked where half the liquid was on the glass.

6pm: I drank half the liquid
    8pm: I drank the second half

I then made another glass for the morning, this time with only 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt in 375mls of water.

At 9:15pm I began squeezing the limes for 125mls of juice. I needed 5 limes. I'd highly recommend using orange juice or grapefruit juice instead though because the sour taste combined with the oil is nasty. I cleaned up the mess and got ready for bed after making the oil/lime potion. At 10pm I drank it and lay down on my right side immediately for 2 hours moving as little as possible.

6am the next morning: I drank half the Epsom salt water glass.
    8am: I drank the second half.
    9am-11.30am: 2 litres of water
    12pm lunch: Fruit
    4pm dinner: 2kgs of papaya, 500g of soursop and a handful of sun dried raisins for desert
    Last edited by David Hughes; 28th July 2018 at 10:12.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to David Hughes For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd May 2016), BMJ (2nd May 2016), Hervé (2nd May 2016), Jean-Marie (2nd May 2016), RunningDeer (2nd May 2016), Starlight22 (5th May 2016)

24. Link to Post #333
    Thanks

Thanks David and Runningdear,
    I'm looking forward to your results David. Thanks for the dietary information also.

Regards Boris

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

Bill Ryan (2nd May 2016), Jean-Marie (2nd May 2016), RunningDeer (2nd May 2016)

26. Link to Post #334
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,400 times in 32,916 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)

This is unashamedly off-topic, and deserves a thread of its own — but I can't resist:

True story: there was a woman a few years ago who thought that the DANGER: Deer Crossing signs on highways were for the deer to read, not for the motorists. She started a campaign to get them moved, because they were in unsafe places. There's a YouTube video of a radio interview she was on when she finally realized, live on air, that the signs were actually not to tell the deer where to cross. Really, really true.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

BMJ (2nd May 2016), Jean-Marie (2nd May 2016), JRS (4th May 2016), Rex (2nd May 2016), RunningDeer (2nd May 2016), Starlight22 (5th May 2016), ThePythonicCow (2nd May 2016)

28. Link to Post #335
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by David Hughes (here)
    How did you get on with it RunningDeer?

For clarification, it's not my own method. As far as im aware its Hulda Clark's. Here it is again for anyone interested:

Quote I then made another glass for the morning, this time with only 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt in 375mls of water.
    A-okay, Dave Yes, I saw Hulda Clark at the bottom. I’ll add that link to the other post.

From what I can tell, the difference is you cut the epsom down by half for the last two servings. I prefer to not to reduce the epsom salt on the second day because I want a thorough flushing of the stones.

All four doses were equivalent, i.e. epsom/water = 1T/6 oz (177mL)

As mentioned, for efficiency, I make one batch and divide it into four = 1/4c of epsom salts + 24 oz (710mL).

I mixed chilled orange juice with the oil right before I drank. It wasn’t as bad as the epsom drink.
    Last edited by RunningDeer; 2nd May 2016 at 15:51.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2023), BMJ (3rd May 2016), Harmony (1st October 2023), Jean-Marie (2nd May 2016)

30. Link to Post #336
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    This is unashamedly off-topic, and deserves a thread of its own — but I can't resist:

True story: there was a woman a few years ago who thought that the DANGER: Deer Crossing signs on highways were for the deer to read, not for the motorists. She started a campaign to get them moved, because they were in unsafe places. There's a YouTube video of a radio interview she was on when she finally realized, live on air, that the signs were actually not to tell the deer where to cross. Really, really true.

On the 2nd vid below, "Rest of the Story", Donna the Deer Lady requested that they take down the link so it will all go away.

Please Move The Deer Crossing

Donna The Deer Lady - The Rest of the Story

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2023), BMJ (3rd May 2016), Harmony (1st October 2023), Jean-Marie (2nd May 2016)

32. Link to Post #337
    United States Avalon Member Starlight22's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing this info with everyone. I've done Hulda Clark's liver/gallbladder detox 3 times and I just wanted to share a couple of things that are worth mentioning for anyone that is new to this type of cleanse. As you mentioned, it is important for you to do it on a weekend or to make sure you don't have to work the next day because you need the rest and you will not have energy to do much. Also, I was told by a nutritionist that you want to eat a light, no-fat breakfast and lunch (preferably a baked potato, cooked cereal or fruit) the morning of the cleanse, that way you allow the bile to build up pressure in the liver and this will help push out more stones.

Very important: The day after the detox (after the last dose), make sure you drink plenty of water and eat VERY lightly. Remember you are passing all those gallstones through your system.

Thanks again for sharing!!

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Starlight22 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (1st October 2023), fourty-two (5th May 2016), Harmony (1st October 2023), Hervé (5th May 2016), RunningDeer (5th May 2016), ThePythonicCow (5th May 2016)

34. Link to Post #338
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,400 times in 32,916 posts

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Harmony (1st October 2023), Yoda (1st October 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst 1 7 17