+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: The Philippines needs your help.

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,729 times in 2,903 posts

Default Re: The Philippines needs your help.

If they really wanted to, Canada could get together with the Philippines and they could build a simple 10MW power plant in a year... that could be used to provide desalinated water, power electricity for bathhouses and laundry, cooking, heat... the cost would break down to 4 to 7 cents for a group of 1000 people, see the cost break down... and your telling me they couldn't do this... in an "emergency"... TPC needs the PR, they are obviously "dying" for customers... This is practical, super ultra cost effective, absolutely needed... and one of the first things that is needed in an emergency after immediate water, food and medical... is ENERGY....

Thorium Power Canada Inc.
    A clean, safe, low cost, and reliable energy source - See more at:
    http://www.thoriumpowercanada.com/
    Thorium Power Canada Inc. offers a clean, green, safe and cost effective solution to the growing global energy requirements. - Reactor has been in research & development since 1970. Due to the United States government opting for uranium over thorium as a nuclear fuel (due to the cold war and weapons grade plutonium waste), many Thorium based projects were halted. Since then, the development of the TPC Thorium Reactor has continued and the company now has a construction ready thorium reactor based on a unique proprietary technology that is extremely scalable and offers an energy option at per kW-hr prices in the estimated 4 to 7 cent range, well below many of the common technologies used today. The TPC Thorium reactor can be built on a modular basis as small as 10MW in size with the option to upscale a facility to 100MW by linking the modular reactors together. - See more at: http://www.thoriumpowercanada.com/#sthash.CAR3h6lW.dpuf

They are already building one in Chile RIGHT NOW! (for water desalination)
    It would cost 20 millions dollars... (2million/ KW) You think the Philippine and US and Canadian Governments couldn't afford 20 million dollars that would give the People energy for the next 50 years at a cost of less then 4 cents/kwh (since the government would pick up the infrastructure cost...) and take 18 to 24 months?????????
    http://www.thoriumpowercanada.com/te.../the-projects/

Where would Haiti be today if they had built one there? Everyone would have a place to wash, clean and cook and a never ending source of fresh water or at least enough energy to build and power infrastructure for a training center and a manufacturing plant... Oh, I keep forgetting I must be such a genius and this is just way, way too complex a subject for hundreds and thousand of government agents to figure out... oh silly me.... (NOT!)
    Last edited by sigma6; 14th November 2013 at 21:26.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

Bob (14th November 2013), Calz (15th November 2013)

3. Link to Post #42
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Marren (here)
    Quote Posted by LifeAngel (here)
    Quote Posted by Kimberley (here)
    LifeAngel are you willing to share your wife's facebook name so we that do facebook can go there?

Thanks... As I said I want to contribute to real people not the red cross or others organizations that get a take on the money. I stopped contributing to profiting organizations years ago. I contribute to real people that can use and distribute the funds to the best of their ability.

Thanks
    Her Facebook name is Lifey Atamosa Lim. Her profile picture is of her carrying our two toddlers. Her name is Life. Been her nickname for over a decade. It describes truly of what she is like as a person.

Thank you Kimberly. We are in this to help as much people as we can.

Peace
    Hi LifeAngel! I would like to help but i was not able to find anyone by that name on Facebook. I am not either comfortable sending organizations like the Red Cross money. Please get back to me!
    Hi marren, I tried a search on her too and I can't see her. I will give you my email address and try searching for me on Facebook. Gcabalim@gmail.com. My profile name is Ger Man. Once we are friends you will see my wife's posts on Facebook.profile pic is of my wife with arm around my shoulder and I am wearing striped shirt.

Or send me yours. Tried using search and it does work, but find friends doesn't.
    Last edited by LifeAngel; 14th November 2013 at 22:08.

4. Link to Post #43
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Sigma6 and the Group - just to give some insight.. a 10 megawatt reactor is slightly larger than a refrigerator.. That is a decentralized system and is safe. There is NO Fukushima gigawatt massive central power.. there is safety with the thorium systems, and the cost is reasonable. It is something to think about for long term. Obviously the short term means off-shore systems such as supplied by the reactors on the aircraft carriers CAN be used to supply power, if power is the issue.

I think clean water and medical supplies are a focus, but if one gets the aircraft carriers there, there could be clean water, medical and electricity.. just some thoughts as to stagewise planning..

5. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mahalall (here)
    mariposafe, post 31,
    spoken like a Kalinga,
    "warrior-culture of the people, the Kalinga were able to preserve their culture despite centuries of occupation in the lowlands by the Spaniards, Americans, and the Japanese"

Lifeangel: salamat po

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalinga
    Your welcome mahalall... From my wife and her friends. They are the ones that deserve the recognition not me.

6. Link to Post #45
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	23736Click image for larger version

Views:	91
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	23735Click image for larger version

Views:	85
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	23734Click image for larger version

Views:	89
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	23733

Deliveries being delayed to Leyte due to ferries being kept on the island and not going to Cebu. Hundreds are waiting to bring aid to Leyte at the ports in Cebu.

Some pics of my wife and friends combining food and supplies from their individual towns and districts. With Internet being down in our area it's slow going uploading pics.

Edit update...

Just got confirmation that the town where my wife is from has raised over 5000 packs of food and supplies for northern Cebu victims. These packs are the size of grocery bags that we get here in North America and are full of rice, canned goods, noodle soup, water and soap. With 600 000 people left homeless from the typhoon it will at least give a few thousand some relief for a few days.
    Last edited by LifeAngel; 15th November 2013 at 06:39.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LifeAngel For This Post:

mahalall (15th November 2013), Wind (15th November 2013)

8. Link to Post #46
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Pics of people waiting in cebu port to bring food and supplies to Leyte island. Ferries are at a stand still in Leyte.
    Attached Images    

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LifeAngel For This Post:

mahalall (15th November 2013), ponda (15th November 2013), Wind (15th November 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3