+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rene Caisse - The Cancer Cure Nurse of 1934

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,970 times in 5,651 posts

Thumbs up Rene Caisse - The Cancer Cure Nurse of 1934

In this thread i will post some startling information regarding a very special Nurse from Canada whom was curing Cancer in the early 1930's. Not sure if this was posted yet. But worth while re-threading again.

http://www.essiacinfo.org/caisse.html

Many believe Rene Caisse (pronounced "reen case") is one of the greater heroines of the past century.

This modest Canadian nurse discovered a natural herbal forumla she took no money for it and died in relative obscurity.

Essiac, given its name by Rene Caisse ("caisse" spelt backwards), consists of four main herbs that grow in the wilderness of Ontario, Canada. The original formula is believed to have its roots from the native Canadian Ojibway Indians.

The four main herbs that make up Essiac are Burdock Root, Slippery Elm Inner Bark, Sheep Sorrel and Indian Rhubarb Root.

Rene didn't feel herself a writer so she never wrote an autobiography. She did, however, write a series of articles entitled "I Was Canada's Cancer Nurse" which was published in the seventies with Bracebridge Examiner. Additionally, a collection of her writing and interviews was published posthumously in the Bracebridge Examiner.

She wrote a brief biography of her family and their settlement in Bracebridge, which you can read in her own words on the enclosed website.

A Great Discovery

In the 1920s Rene encountered a prospector's wife who survived breast cancer. She tells it here in her own words.

It Looked Encouraging

The initial use of Essiac was encouraging, so much so that a group of doctors assisted her in setting up a test lab and clinic in Toronto. She tells it again here in her own words.

The Bracebridge Clinic

She was invited by the Bracebridge Town Council to open her clinic in the old British Lion Hotel. Her lease payment, as stipulated by the Council, was $1 per month. It was here she ran her clinic from 1934 to 1942.

Challenging the Establishment

Even before she opened the clinic, the medical establishment viewed her with skepticism. With the clinic now open, the full weight of the establishment unrelentingly bore down on her for years to come.

A Requiem for Rene

Rene Caisse passed from this world on the day after Christmas, 1978, at 90 years of age.

Please Watch this incredible Video below at the 22:40 Mark. And also the above link dedicated to Rene Caisse.

Cancer: The Forbidden Cures

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 15th November 2013 at 02:42.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

angelichuman (28th July 2014), Bill Ryan (20th December 2019), blufire (17th April 2014), bram (18th April 2014), Christine (15th November 2013), GreenGuy (25th December 2013), LifeAngel (16th November 2013), mahalall (15th November 2013), Pam (20th December 2019), Richard S. (15th November 2013), selinam (15th November 2013), sheme (15th November 2013), soleil (17th April 2014), spiritwind (17th April 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks

Thumbs up Re: Rene Caisse - The Cancer Cure Nurse of 1934

More History In Essiac

Essiac (Ojibwa) Tea

In the mid 1920's, Rene Caisse was head nurse at the Sisters of Providence Hospital in a northern Ontario town. While on duty, she was bathing an elderly lady and noticed that one of her breasts had a lot of scar tissue on it. Upon questioning the lady, she learned that the women had advanced breast cancer 30 years earlier. The woman explained that she had met an old Indian medicine man from the Ojibway tribe who told her he could cure her cancer. She said that she had no money at that time, and didn't want to have an operation anyway, so she went to see the Indian. He showed her certain herbs growing in the area and told her to pick them and make a tea and drink it everyday.

She had no reoccurrence of cancer to that day, 30 years later.

Rene was very interested in what the women had told her and she wrote down the names of the herbs. A year later, her aunt had been diagnosed with stomach cancer with a liver involvement. She asked her Doctor, R.O. Fisher of Toronto, for permission to try the herbs on her under his observation. Her aunt lived 21 years after being given up on by the medical profession. Rene Caisse, never claimed that Essiac cured cancer, but her goal was to control it and alleviate the pain. From 1934 to 1942 she successfully treated thousands of terminally ill cancer patients in her clinic, many under the observation of a physician. Her own mother got cancer of the liver, and was immediately started on Essiac. She lived another 18 years.

Many doctors, surgeons, and scientists visited her cancer clinic, read case histories, and examined the patients. Many of them said they believed the Essiac acted upon the glands. It was able to bring back a balance to all the glands, and restore normal functioning.

WHAT IS ESSIAC?
    Essiac is a tea made from four herbs. A Canadian nurse named Rene Caisse developed it in 1922. She said the formula originally came from an Ojibwa Indian medicine man. She named it after the backward spelling of her own last name, Caisse. The 4 main herbs in Essiac are burdock root (Arctium lappa), Indian or Chinese rhubarb (Rheum palmatum), sheep sorrel (Rumex acetosella) and the inner bark of slippery elm (Ulmus fulva or Ulmus rubra).

Burdock root is used in folk medicine to improve digestion, to clean the blood, to increase urination or as a laxative. Laboratory studies have shown some anti-tumor effects. Rhubarb can be a strong laxative. Sheep sorrel is claimed to be effective against cancer. Slippery elm has a long, safe history in alleviating sore throats. It is used in many herbal cough drops or teas for sore throat.

Caisse used the herbal tea to treat patients with cancer. Some of them claimed to be cured; others said the herbal tea eased their pain. In 1938 in Canada, a bill was introduced to authorize Caisse to treat cancer. Instead, the legislature passed a bill that required her to disclose the formula for Essiac. She refused to do so. In 1977 she sold the formula to a Canadian corporation, Resperin.

Essiac is widely available as an herbal health food, without any specific health claims. There are several different versions of the product. There are also many claims and counterclaims about authenticity. In 2000, the US Federal Trade Commission filed a complaint against a distributor of Essiac for misleading health claims on several web sites

HOW IS ESSIAC USED?

Many providers of Essiac claim that the only correct way to use the product is to drink a freshly brewed tea, one to three times a day on an empty stomach. Essiac is available in liquid form but is also sometimes sold as a mixture of herbs to be boiled and steeped by the user, or in capsule form. Caisse reportedly had several variations of the recipe to treat different forms of cancer. Some versions of Essiac have more than the original four ingredients. The added ingredients are supposed to enhance the product’s effectiveness and improve its taste. Two common additions are watercress and Pau d'arco. Yellow dock or curly dock are sometimes used instead of sheep's sorrel.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ESSIAC?

Proponents of Essiac claim that it strengthens the immune system, improves appetite, relieves pain and improves overall quality of life. They also claim that it shrinks tumors and prolongs the lives of people with cancer.

Essiac activates the body's own natural defenses without becoming habit-forming. Most patients experience less pain and overall improvement with the consistent use of Essiac and some patients continue to live for many years in good health. These four herbs, Burdock, Slippery Elm, Sheep Sorrel, and Turkish Rhubarb each have significant therapeutic effects on the body , and when they are combined, there is a synergistic effect. The Essiac formula, when broken down, shows many of its parts to be anti-tumor, anti-mutagenic (burdock root) and immune system enhancing. The real benefits of Essiac are that it is a wonderful detoxifyer and regenerates the liver and pancreas. An interesting side effect of the tea is the reversal of type II diabetes.

Essiac -

Helps to cleanse the blood
    Normalize the enzymes
    Promotes cellular repair, and aids effective assimilation and elimination
    Regulates cholesterol levels by transforming sugar into energy
    Makes bones and joints, ligaments, lungs strong and less vulnerable
    Nourishes and stimulates the brain and nervous system
    Expels mucus clearing the lungs
    Helps eliminate heavy metal toxins in tissues (aluminum, mercury poisoning)
    Purifies the blood
    Increases red blood cell production
    Protects the body against radiation damage
    Helps destroy parasites in the digestive tract
    Prevents the buildup of fatty deposits in heart kidney and liver
    Assists the liver in producing lecithin, which forms the myelin sheath that encapsulates the nerve fibers.

Preventative Anti-viral Remedy:

While I take Essiac regularly, I do not get sick with viral infections. No colds or flu. When I stop taking it, I am more susceptible. Therefore, my personal opinion is that Essiac prevents (or helps to prevent) viral infections. Thus, if I DO get sick, I will immediately start taking Essiac in the dose of an ounce every hour or two throughout the day with a teaspoon of Cat's claw (which you can buy cheap by the pound from herb products
    company). Also, several times during the day, I take 15 drops of Echinacea under the tongue. An ear ache or sore throat disappears in one or two days when I do this.

Suggested Dosage:
    For preventative use, 0.5 - 2 ounces a day. If you have cancer then you would take from 2- 4 ounces per day. Before ingesting the Essiac, shake the bottle vigorously. There will be some sediment in it. It is suggested that you mix 2 ounces of Essiac tea liquid with 2 ounces of pure distilled water, heat it, and sip it at least 1/2 hour before eating and 2 hours after eating ("between meals").

Recipe #1
    Herb Volume Weight Form Recipe %
    Burdock root 6 ½ cups 24 ozs. (1.5 lb.) 680g pea-size cut 53%
    Sheep sorrel 16 ozs. (1 lb.) 453g powdered 36%
    Slippery Elm bark 4 ozs. 113g powdered 9%
    Turkey rhubarb root 1 oz. 28.35g powdered 2%

Mix the herbs together very very thoroughly.
    Use 1 cup of herb mix per 2 gallons distilled water each time you brew.
    Your herb mix or essiac herbs should be stored properly.

Preparation

Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
    Measure out desired amount of dry ingredients.
    Pour proportionate amount of water into pot.
    Bring water to a rolling boil with the lid on.
    Stir dry ingredients into boiling water.
    Replace lid and continue boiling at reduced heat for 10 minutes.
    Turn off stove. Scrape down sides of pot and stir mixture thoroughly.
    Replace lid, let pot sit and cool undisturbed for 10-12 hours (overnight).
    Reheat to steaming hot, but do not let it boil.
    Turn off heat and allow herbs to settle for a few minutes.
    Pour hot liquid through sieve to catch sediment.
    Use funnel to fill sterilized bottles, put lids on.
    Allow bottles to cool, then tighten lids.
    Store in dark cool place, always refrigerate an opened bottle.

Essiac contains no preservatives, discard if mold develops. Unopened bottles can be stored in a cool, dark place, or keep all the bottles in the refrigerater. Don't freeze essiac or warm it up in a microwave (use hot water to dilute and warm it).

Recipe #2

20 parts burdock root (Arcitum Lappa)
    4 parts slippery elm bark (Ulmus Fulva)
    1 part turkish rhubarb root (Rheum Officinale)
    16 parts sheep sorrell (Rumex Acetosella)

1 part Blessed Thistle,
    1 part Kelp,
    1 part Red Clover,
    1 part Watercress.

Mix all the herbs together, store unused herb in a ziplock or airtight container

in the freezer. Mix one cup of herbs to 2 gallons of pure water. You do this by putting the water in a stainless steel or enamel pot, adding the cup of mix, bringing to a boil. Let sit 6 hours, then stir vigorously. Let sit another 6 hours, bring to a boil, strain the goop(*), and save it in

sterile dark colored bottles in a cool dark area. If the caps on the bottle have poly inserts so they make an airtight seal, then you do not have to refrigerate until you open a bottle. You can tell if you did the sterilization and sealing right because if you did not, a bottle will go bad and taste rancid after a while in storage.

*Regarding the issue of straining the goop

Things get kind of sloppy when trying to strain out the goop. All the ingredients are powdered or ground except the burdock root which is in small chunks like a diced onion. So, after soaking and boiling, it becomes a sloppy goop. One could argue that the goop is good for you, but I do not find it very palatable, even though it does not really taste bad. Some formulas encourage you not to throw it out, but to bottle it too, even if you have to use a blender or food processor to remove the small chunks. I have not done this. But if you do leave the goop in the liquid, I do not imagine it will hurt you at all. That means you will be taking an elixir that is very thick after you shake the bottle. It also means you will need
    16 to 20 bottles when you make a batch.

I have found the easiest way to strain the goop out is to get a second pot, pour the first into it through a moderately fine strainer, and toss out the chunky goop. There will still be a massive amount of sediment because most of the ingredients are powdered. Then, I let the pot sit for about ten minutes. I use a big ladle to dip gently into the pot, and I pour it
    through a funnel into the bottles. When I am way down at the end of the fluid, I skim as much as I can and do not worry if I get some sludge in the ladle. That is usually my 13th bottle, the one that goes in the refrigerator. Then I pour the rest of the goop out.

I have tried straining through cheesecloth, but it is a nasty mess and takes a long time. I have not tried no straining at all, just letting it sit till it all settles. The reason is that the boiled mix has a sludgey looking slag on top and it just doesn't look right to me.

Websites:
    Essiac-Info.org
    Alternative Cancer Treatments

http://falconblanco.com/health/suppl.../essiactea.htm

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

angelichuman (28th July 2014), Bill Ryan (20th December 2019), GreenGuy (25th December 2013), Richard S. (15th November 2013), sheme (15th November 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    New Zealand Avalon Member witchy1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,712 times in 1,183 posts

Default Re: Rene Caisse - The Cancer Cure Nurse of 1934

Thanks Whitefeather an important story. I discovered on my journey that it is sheep sorrel root that's one of the active parts according to Cassie, not just the top bit of the plant. There is a great place in Canada to buy it (well that's where I got mine from) as well as the book explaining the above. They did some tests on esssiac recently that did not prove its effectiveness, however I believe they did not use the roots

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to witchy1 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th December 2019), sheme (15th November 2013), WhiteFeather (16th April 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 times in 326 posts

Justin and Kate of Extreme Health Radio had a very informative show about Essiac tea. Prompted me to order a batch of it.

Listen below.

http://traffic.libsyn.com/extremehea...-9-12-2013.mp3

Here's a link to their web site
    http://www.extremehealthradio.com/
    Blessings,
    Yiola

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yiolas For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th December 2019), WhiteFeather (16th April 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Today I had ordered a Rene Caisse DVD, An Essiac Book and a 4 oz bag of Essiac tea for two of my friends whom wives have cancer. After speaking with them many times, they opened their minds and asked me to get these items for their spouses. Sometimes its hard to convince one to look at the alternative healing spectrum. Hoping these women will consider it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. And I will keep you posted.

Gwilda Wiyaka

Mourning Dove Salish

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th December 2019), onevoice (21st December 2019)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 times in 532 posts

My mom has been living with pancreas cancer nodes for about 5 years now if you can believe that...
    As soon as she was diagnosed, she started taking Essiac. For the first 3 years the cancer cells would come and go but it would be pretty much stable.
    Then the ancer got agressive and so now for the last 2 years she has been on soft chemo pills and its "stable again".
    If it was not for her very bad eating habits, she would be cured I say, but she is not helping herself by eating all prefab foods and gmo vegetables,sugar.
    Still the first 3 years were were just on Essiac and so I can say that this stuff is great!
    My mom is a survivor, she has had lung cancer, lost one lung, kidney cancer, lost a kidney and now this...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th December 2019), bram (18th April 2014), Pam (20th December 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,663 times in 349 posts

I know this doesn't prove anything, but thought I'd share it anyway. I ordered some of this for my ex who is now deceased. He was suffering from prostate cancer and was going the way of mainstream medicine. At one point he agreed to try Essiac tea and so I happily obliged him. He told me himself that he was starting to feel better (he probably drank it regularly for about a month) and then went to a regularly scheduled doctors appointment. When he told the doctor that he was drinking the tea, the doctor told him that he should stop as it may interfere with the chemo/radiation treatments effectiveness. Not to be snide but I'm sure it would have. Anyway, he quit drinking the tea and quickly quit feeling better shortly thereafter. This is one of many reasons why I generally won't seek a mainstream western medical doctor's opinion on much of anything.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spiritwind For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th December 2019), bram (18th April 2014), onevoice (21st December 2019), Pam (20th December 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,728 times in 1,343 posts

Here is a place to get Essiac tea with sheep sorrel roots included, the Essiac Circle of Friends: https://essiac-tea.org/

The Essiac Circle of Friends has some videos on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMh...-cdBZHJf9LcjqA

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrumanCash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (20th December 2019), Caliban (20th December 2019), Pam (20th December 2019)

+ Reply to Thread