+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: The Guts and the Glory of the Georgia Guidestones

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,143 times in 403 posts

Cool The Guts and the Glory of the Georgia Guidestones

Thanks to longlegs for reminding me of something I've been wanting to share for a while.

I admire the folks who were behind the Geogia Guidestones !!!

The messages on the stones are in my view wise and come from a place of compassion for the Earth. Note the repetition in the last message. What seems to upset most people is what THEY imply from the first message. But really is that such a bad target ??? It's the how we get there that is really the issue, not the numbers themselves. As for the rest of the messages, I can see nothing to critique.

It is perhaps only fear of what we project onto these messages and their creators, that is of greatest concern to me.

There is a guts and a glory in my eyes in the message and the maker of the stones.

"1. MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000 IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE

2. GUIDE REPRODUCTION WISELY - IMPROVING FITNESS AND DIVERSITY

3. UNITE HUMANITY WITH A LIVING NEW LANGUAGE

4. RULE PASSION - FAITH - TRADITION - AND ALL THINGS WITH TEMPERED REASON

5. PROTECT PEOPLE AND NATIONS WITH FAIR LAWS AND JUST COURTS

6. LET ALL NATIONS RULE INTERNALLY RESOLVING EXTERNAL DISPUTES IN A WORLD COURT

7. AVOID PETTY LAWS AND USELESS OFFICIALS

8. BALANCE PERSONAL RIGHTS WITH SOCIAL DUTIES

9. PRIZE TRUTH - BEAUTY - LOVE- SEEKING HARMONY WITH THE INFINITE

10. BE NOT A CANCER ON THE EARTH - LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE - LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE."

http://www.thegeorgiaguidestones.com/Message.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

http://www.wired.com/images/multimed...uidestones.pdf

http://leahandmark.com/blog/2009/06/...a-guidestones/

What we see as evil, must first have passed through the veil of our own projections and our own ignorance !
    Last edited by Bright Garlick; 22nd November 2013 at 12:01.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bright Garlick For This Post:

AwakeInADream (6th December 2013), Becky (22nd November 2013), blufire (4th December 2013), Calz (22nd November 2013), Dick (22nd November 2013), Eram (22nd November 2013), frozen alchemy (5th December 2013), GaelVictor (23rd November 2013), Heartsong (22nd November 2013), Kalamos (2nd December 2013), mosquito (23rd November 2013), Nasu (22nd November 2013), Reinhard (3rd December 2013), RMorgan (22nd November 2013), Rosieposie (5th December 2013), Syl (22nd November 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,900 times in 1,039 posts

Default Re: The Guts and the Glory of the Georgia Guidestones

Hi Bright Garlic,

Who do you feel was behind the writing of the Georgia Guidestones?

Do you feel these guidelines were given to the writer(s) of the guidestones by off-world intelligences?

Thank you.

Quote Posted by Bright Garlick (here)
    Thanks to longlegs for reminding me of something I've been wanting to share for a while.

I admire the folks who were behind the Geogia Guidestones !!!

The messages on the stones are in my view wise and come from a place of compassion for the Earth. Note the repetition in the last message. What seems to upset most people is what THEY imply from the first message. But really is that such a bad target ??? It's the how we get there that is really the issue, not the numbers themselves. As for the rest of the messages, I can see nothing to critique.

It is perhaps only fear of what we project onto these messages and their creators, that is of greatest concern to me.

There is a guts and a glory in my eyes in the message and the maker of the stones.

"1. MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000 IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE

2. GUIDE REPRODUCTION WISELY - IMPROVING FITNESS AND DIVERSITY

3. UNITE HUMANITY WITH A LIVING NEW LANGUAGE

4. RULE PASSION - FAITH - TRADITION - AND ALL THINGS WITH TEMPERED REASON

5. PROTECT PEOPLE AND NATIONS WITH FAIR LAWS AND JUST COURTS

6. LET ALL NATIONS RULE INTERNALLY RESOLVING EXTERNAL DISPUTES IN A WORLD COURT

7. AVOID PETTY LAWS AND USELESS OFFICIALS

8. BALANCE PERSONAL RIGHTS WITH SOCIAL DUTIES

9. PRIZE TRUTH - BEAUTY - LOVE- SEEKING HARMONY WITH THE INFINITE

10. BE NOT A CANCER ON THE EARTH - LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE - LEAVE ROOM FOR NATURE."

http://www.thegeorgiaguidestones.com/Message.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_Guidestones

http://www.wired.com/images/multimed...uidestones.pdf

http://leahandmark.com/blog/2009/06/...a-guidestones/

What we see as evil, must first have passed through the veil of our own projections and our own ignorance !

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Curt For This Post:

Calz (22nd November 2013), Darla Ken Pearce (3rd December 2013), Eram (22nd November 2013), Mike Gorman (5th December 2013), RMorgan (22nd November 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,308 times in 437 posts

I guess the main "evil" thing is what happens to all the other people on earth who aren't included in the 5000,000,000? Something would seriously need to happen to get the population down to that number. Basically, only two things could happen.

1. TIME
    2. Some massive calamity, intentional or not (or some Divine or Alien type rapture event)

Also, as a side note:

Who created the guide stones and why the secrecy? Especially if you consider the cost of them as this implies someone or some group with a LOT of money. And those with lots of money now days are often seen as TPTB who only have their own best interest in mind.

A open and wise society frowns upon secrecy when it pertains to social relevance's. This of course doesn't imply the negation of personal rights, freedoms and sovereignty. However, social avenues should be held to accountability with check/balances.
    Last edited by OMG; 22nd November 2013 at 12:20.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Hi Bright Garlic,

I'd like to argue that it is not the number of humans that creates a problem, but the way these humans live and behave.

If we were to implement other ways of feeding, ways to grow crops, ways to create energy (which are already available at this very moment), ways we govern society, then I see no reason why earth couldn't accommodate 50 billion people or more ans still be in harmony.
    hylozoic tenet: “Consciousness sleeps in the stone, dreams in the plant, awakens in the animal, and becomes self-conscious in man.”

7. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (22nd November 2013), Calz (22nd November 2013), Dennis Leahy (5th December 2013), Dorjezigzag (5th December 2013), freedom4all (22nd November 2013), genevieve (22nd November 2013), golden lady (22nd November 2013), Inaiá (23rd November 2013), Kalamos (4th December 2013), Mandala (22nd November 2013), Milneman (22nd November 2013), Reinhard (3rd December 2013), risveglio (6th December 2013), ROMANWKT (22nd November 2013), selinam (22nd November 2013), sigma6 (3rd December 2013), soleil (3rd December 2013), thunder24 (25th November 2013), Wind (23rd November 2013), Wookie (22nd November 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    Ireland Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

maybe the stones are not for us... maybe its a guide for the next generations of humanity... maybe were past fixing and the stone builders know this.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to childs hood end For This Post:

Eram (22nd November 2013), Gardener (22nd November 2013), Nasu (22nd November 2013), seehas (2nd December 2013), Shannow (3rd December 2013), Syl (22nd November 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,799 times in 666 posts

I can't help thinking that Fukashima and the BP oil disaster are attempts to destabalise this planet for ALL life forms.
    Sapere aude

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Taurean For This Post:

Eram (22nd November 2013), halffull (22nd November 2013), Pam (3rd December 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,931 times in 1,031 posts

I tend to agree with OMG. These stones are either the creation of one very wealthy Georgian, or a collective endeavor. Whomever is responsible was the beneficiary of the raping and pillaging of the earth and now they have the gall to dictate our choices to offset their exploitation. They made the bed and they want us to lie in it. The guidestones are more PTB dogma. We need to move beyond the dynamic that seeks to control and dictate the direction of the human race. No one entity or special interest has the right to determine how we will continue to evolve.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

ceetee9 (3rd December 2013), Dennis Leahy (5th December 2013), Eram (22nd November 2013), fourty-two (2nd December 2013), Gardener (22nd November 2013), gripreaper (3rd December 2013), selinam (22nd November 2013), Shannow (3rd December 2013), sigma6 (3rd December 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

I have to say I don't agree with the people who did the stones. I say this because you see islands popping up to accommodate populations to come or that are already here. The technology today allows for this expansion and the green trades can correct the shortages of food and water. I don't think the Divine creator has their zest for killing to achieve this number in various nations they deem the population needs to be curbed in. If they weren't so greedy with their million or more acres with only two people living in mansions, there would be plenty of space. How about all the cemeterys that carry the dead for centuries, in ritual burial services, that take land from the living? it's why I thik of cremation instead. When I'm done here, i'm done here and would seek to live on another planet with sanity and no discriminatory properties in their lives. What about all the lab meds with side effects that bring on more disease in other parts of the body for top cost to the patients health, with ONLY profit in mind. I don't think Christ taught that to them, but I have an idea, who has.

Anyway, I agree to disagree, and we all won't know until it's finished.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

risveglio (6th December 2013), selinam (22nd November 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

I think it is just a scarceness mindset manifesto, with false premises and built to control us... it's the brainwashing machine's main program.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to guayabal For This Post:

ceetee9 (3rd December 2013), Eram (22nd November 2013), gripreaper (3rd December 2013), Reinhard (3rd December 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Bright Garlic, you are most certianly entitled to your opinion. I highly disagree - most of the worlds problems are due to corruption, greed, and not enough love. I could sit here and argue the finer points all day long, but that would serve no purpose.
    Before enlightenment, chop wood; carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood; carry water. -Zen Proverb

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aryslan For This Post:

AriG (2nd December 2013), risveglio (6th December 2013), Wind (23rd November 2013)

20. Link to Post #11
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,232 times in 941 posts

"1. MAINTAIN HUMANITY UNDER 500,000,000 IN PERPETUAL BALANCE WITH NATURE"

That's the only message I have a real problem with.

Tell me, how do you reduce a population from 7 billion to 500 million if not through genocide?

Two facts need considering also:

1. the carrying capacity of the planet if far far far more than fearmongers would have you believe.
    2. The number of children per family has declined by an astounding amount, even in countries like Bangladesh, and continues to decline.

What we see now is the inevitable increase in the number of adults which will also eventually undergo a similar stabilization.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Reinhard (3rd December 2013), wolf_rt (3rd December 2013)

22. Link to Post #12
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)

Tell me, how do you reduce a population from 7 billion to 500 million if not through genocide?

[...]
    I don't know why but, for some reasons, individuals who read that statement keep missing the implication it contains:

"MAINTAIN... UNDER... XYZ..." basically it implies never to let the population go over that number... which means that the original left-over population grows from far below that limit number... that is, far below 500 millions!

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    What bugs me with the first guideline (Maintain humanity under 500,000,000....) is that it indicates a repopulation to be maintained below that number... that means the starting number could very well be 0 (zero -- implying a new seeding from elsewhere) or a few 1000s or may be a few millions but, in any case, from somewhere below 500 millions.

That's a total wipe out!

Yet, there is the assumption that the remaining people or new incoming ones would be able to read/decipher those inscriptions... unless it's to be used as some sort of Rosetta Stone by future archeologists as a starting point to unravel a fossilized Vatican library?

The other interesting thing is it doesn't advocate the interbreeding dear to the aristocratic or religious bloodlines, to the contrary.... And the rest of it is actually in the face of the current NWO advocates and their agenda: seen any evidence of just courts lately? Useful officials? Promotion of truth? Etc.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

4evrneo (6th December 2013), fourty-two (2nd December 2013), happyuk (22nd November 2013), Reinhard (3rd December 2013), risveglio (6th December 2013), selinam (22nd November 2013), wolf_rt (3rd December 2013)

24. Link to Post #13
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,232 times in 941 posts

Amzer
    Good point! I'd not thought of it in that way.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

Hervé (22nd November 2013)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Hi all,

Wow, strong sentiments all over the webs about these stones.

I haven´t seen the possibility mentioned that by bringing the world together as one, spiritual growth/awakening-wise, the collective decision could be made to let the numbers of inhabitants go down.
    By choice. Let people live their lives and die at the end of it.

As the awakening to a higher conscience nullifies the impacts of religion, and thereby the woman-as-a-hatching machine directive...As does the end of poverty that will be a reality by then ( the lots of children as a pension idea ends for sure).

No genocide necessary.

No one seems to know the source for the stones, so no one can judge. All is projection/fear/fill in your other void motivation-based.

There´s also good folk with money. The stones could be a bold statement by them. Who knows.

Maybe suspended judgement is an idea?

It is even not sure how many people this ball is holding at the moment. Or is it?

Love, O.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orobo For This Post:

Griff (23rd November 2013), Kalamos (4th December 2013)

28. Link to Post #15
    Netherlands Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,625 times in 2,401 posts

Quote The entire world population could fit in the state of Texas and it’d only have the population density of New York City!

People freak out all the time about how we’re overpopulating Earth and we’re all going to die, because we can’t sustain ourselves. There isn’t enough land to produce enough food to sustain us, let alone have any space to move around at all. There are 6.8 billion people on Earth. Calculations show that if we wanted to make everyone in Earth live on a space that had the same population density as New York City, we could fit everyone in about 666,265 square kilometers, which is less than the size of Texas!

So, every man, woman, and child could fit pretty comfortably within the perimeter of the state of Texas. Not only does that leave the other 49 United States open, but it leaves all the other countries clear and open, too. So, it is pretty safe to say that we have enough space, the entire world except Texas, to farm and ranch for our food supply.

Would water be a problem, though? It's calculated that we need 350 billion liters of water per day to properly hydrate 6.8 billion people. It seems like a lot, but the Columbia River alone could produce that amount in less than a day. By the way, the Columbia River is the U.S.’s fourth largest river. So, again, that leaves the rest of the world’s water supply open and ready to serve. So, we’re not really overpopulated. We just need to be better at managing our resources.

Read more at http://www.omg-facts.com/Interesting...D6gkxLE9eS4.99

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

Good thought che, much like Gurdjieff wrote his book 'Beelzabub's Tales to his Grandson' (us).
    Quote Posted by childs hood end (here)
    maybe the stones are not for us... maybe its a guide for the next generations of humanity... maybe were past fixing and the stone builders know this.
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Kalamos (4th December 2013), Mike Gorman (5th December 2013)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,932 times in 385 posts

I find it hard to take any advice from anyone/thing that can't come up with a way to accommodate more than 1/16th of the current population. Rather than give up the modern amenities, get rid of most of the people? Seems reasonable, most of them don't have anything anyway what are they going to miss if wiped out?

Peaceful Journeys Wookie
    "The Perception of an Illusion is Deception, even when you believed it was real! Perception of Deception is not an Illusion at all!" Carl Stoynoff

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Wookie For This Post:

Kalamos (4th December 2013)

33. Link to Post #18
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by happyuk (here)

Two facts need considering also:

1. the carrying capacity of the planet if far far far more than fearmongers would have you believe.
    2. The number of children per family has declined by an astounding amount, even in countries like Bangladesh, and continues to decline.

What we see now is the inevitable increase in the number of adults which will also eventually undergo a similar stabilization.
    Ha! This reminds me of a recent conversation my husband and I had at a dinner party. One couple is ex-military. The husband started banging on about population control and my husband piped up, quite loudly, in front of about 20 other couples with ..... " Sounds good XXX, so when are you going to kill yourself ?"

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Kalamos (4th December 2013), william r sanford72 (6th December 2013)

35. Link to Post #19
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Orobo (here)
    Hi all,

Wow, strong sentiments all over the webs about these stones.

I haven´t seen the possibility mentioned that by bringing the world together as one, spiritual growth/awakening-wise, the collective decision could be made to let the numbers of inhabitants go down.
    By choice. Let people live their lives and die at the end of it.

As the awakening to a higher conscience nullifies the impacts of religion, and thereby the woman-as-a-hatching machine directive...As does the end of poverty that will be a reality by then ( the lots of children as a pension idea ends for sure).

No genocide necessary.

No one seems to know the source for the stones, so no one can judge. All is projection/fear/fill in your other void motivation-based.

There´s also good folk with money. The stones could be a bold statement by them. Who knows.

Maybe suspended judgement is an idea?

It is even not sure how many people this ball is holding at the moment. Or is it?

Love, O.
    Well, I have to disagree with you O. Those guidestones were erected to incite strong emotional responses, with the presumption that the stone's commissioner has the right to dictate the future of the planet. Yes, there are plenty of good folks with deep pockets, but a truly good philanthropist wouldn't sink to terroristic threatening. IMHO of course.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AriG For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (5th December 2013), fourty-two (2nd December 2013), Kalamos (4th December 2013)

37. Link to Post #20
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,068 times in 698 posts

i dont understand why most people interprete something evil into the guidstones? guys please dont jump on every feartrain there is...

an elite insider that knew about a "bad timeline" for planet earth, could have build them to help the few surviving humans on this planet to be informed how not to do the same mistakes again.

a message written into stone can be decoded even after thousand of years, microchips, harddrives and books will be gone long before that.
    " Loka samasta sukhino bhavantu / May all beings in all worlds be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all "

tibetian mantra

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seehas For This Post:

frozen alchemy (5th December 2013), Kalamos (4th December 2013), Mike Gorman (5th December 2013), Pam (3rd December 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast