+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where children sleep

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,950 times in 424 posts

Default Where children sleep

I came across this moving and somewhat disturbing series of images of children around the world, and the places where they sleep at night. Lot of food for thought here...

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

Agape (6th December 2013), Dorjezigzag (5th December 2013), Ellisa (6th December 2013), genevieve (5th December 2013), gigha (5th December 2013), Marie (5th December 2013), Milneman (5th December 2013), raregem (5th December 2013), RunningDeer (5th December 2013), selinam (5th December 2013), skamandar (5th December 2013), Spirithorse (5th December 2013), spiritwind (5th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013), Tesseract (6th December 2013), Tibouchine (7th December 2013), varuna (5th December 2013), Wind (5th December 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 times in 191 posts

Default Re: Where children sleep

Thank you for posting this. Very sobering...

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to selinam For This Post:

Ellisa (6th December 2013), GreenGuy (5th December 2013), spiritwind (5th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013), Tesseract (6th December 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

..thank you, I'm going to share this with my son..

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to varuna For This Post:

GreenGuy (5th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013), Tesseract (6th December 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

OMG I JUST HATE THESE TYPE OF THINGS.
    I looked and read and cry for the children.
    I want to take them all home and love them to no end. OMG. WHY THE HELL CAN"T SOCIETIES CARE? Really care?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Ellisa (6th December 2013), GreenGuy (6th December 2013), mosquito (8th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013), Tesseract (6th December 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,266 times in 2,725 posts

What can we expect from an insane world? In fact if we just look around and be observant it is difficult to find rationale in what people are doing. Things like these makes me doubt, even when I was still at teenage, that this world is insane. I thank my father he thought me how to use what the ptb does not want us to. vaccines, standards, tv, electronics gadgets, movies. and more are all part of this dumbing down. Protect our children from the dumbing tools.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

mosquito (8th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013), Tesseract (6th December 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

To me, the American children seemed as unfortunate as some of the third-world kids. The four-year-old beauty queen and the little Bubba with his crossbow were pretty creepy. The Japanese and Chinese kids were a little scary in their own way. It's a weird world.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

Agape (6th December 2013), raregem (6th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013), Tesseract (6th December 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member johnf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 times in 1,115 posts

Quote Posted by GreenGuy (here)
    To me, the American children seemed as unfortunate as some of the third-world kids. The four-year-old beauty queen and the little Bubba with his crossbow were pretty creepy. The Japanese and Chinese kids were a little scary in their own way. It's a weird world.
    That's similar to how I felt reading through these.
    Children who are made to feel special instead of just plain loved can be more twisted than the ones who suffer from poverty etc.

I feel a little odd for saying this but the nine year old girl Jasmine # 20 really concerned me.
    I sense something seriously unbalanced there, and pray for those she runs into later in life.

jf
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

GreenGuy (6th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013), Tesseract (6th December 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

After looking through this photo essay for a while, I think it is an excellent tool for healing the world.
    I guess it might have helped to ask my innermost self for healing a half hour or so before I looked through the pictures.
    For whatever reason I feel like I was able to see through all the appearances whether they be positive, or negative and connect with
    the children, and the people and circumstances surrounding them.

jf
    "I am fascinated by religion. (That's a completely different thing from believing in it!)" Douglas Adams

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

GreenGuy (6th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013), Tesseract (6th December 2013), Wind (6th December 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,393 times in 744 posts

Revealing, real, sad, pictures of different kinds of plight which are at once both inexorable and completely un-necessary. Hard to describe the feeling when reviewing this. Kind of like ghost of christmas night.. Food for thought indeed.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tesseract For This Post:

GreenGuy (6th December 2013), johnf (6th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I don't think it's necessary to draw moral conclusions or anything heavy from this. We already know there are starving children and we know there are those who are ridiculously privileged. In between are the curious differences between cultures that will always strike someone, somewhere, as either abuse or privilege. When I was seventeen, I left home and slept in a dugout on a baseball diamond for two weeks. Later I moved into a garden shed behind a friend's house. I never saw myself as pathetic. We can all see bits of ourselves in these stories. Let us try to peer into the world's future which will be both the home and the creation of each of these precious young people, and ask ourselves how we can help. Money may not be the best answer.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

sssarah (6th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

I am not sure if this is what you are saying here GreenGuy, but these images can show duality/inequality
    if that is what you look for or where you stop.
    Inequality and suffering usually sell quite well, and these things can be like a product to consume.
    If you really see yourself in the eyes of those in these pictures, (any pictures really, these are just really well done, which makes it easier),
    You can connect with the beings involved, and let some amount of duality drop away.
    The result of viewing this essay can be healing.

jf

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

GreenGuy (6th December 2013), raregem (6th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013), Wind (6th December 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

Quote Posted by johnf (here)
    ...these images can show duality/inequality if that is what you look for or where you stop.
    I hadn't looked at it that way. I see unity more than separation.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Unity is one basic principal that shows through this essay, another is diversity, they go together in life.

jf

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnf For This Post:

GreenGuy (10th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

Legend : This is an uncut interview with 11 year old Raj from the streets in Mc Leod Ganj ( upper Dharamsala ).

There are between 17 to 60 million children surviving on urban streets of India ( 60 million, asks PA reader ? not possible, so many children do not exist )

I lived there for many years . So I'm saying they do though I did not count them personally ..

Begging for ruppes yeah so his baby sister can survive .

At least it's warmer than here .

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

GreenGuy (8th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (8th December 2013)

29. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

When I was 14, my grandparents took me to Mongolia for 6 months.

While visiting the capital city, I climbed into a manhole in the street.
    I found a child's bed, a book, and a box of colored pencils down there.

Thanks for remembering the world's needy children.

+ Reply to Thread