+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Californian Alchemists Campaign for Potions Lab

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Rantaak's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 times in 360 posts

Default Californian Alchemists Campaign for Potions Lab

Wikipedia Definiton of Spagyrics:

Quote The concept of the spagyric remedy in turn relies upon the three cardinal principles of alchemy, termed as salt, sulphur and mercury. "The basis of matter was the alchemical trinity of principles – salt, sulfur and mercury. Salt was the principle of fixity (non-action) and in-combustibility; mercury was the principle of fusibility (ability to melt and flow) and volatility; and sulfur was the principle of inflammability."
    The three primal alchemical properties and their correspondence in spagyric remedy are:
    Quote Mercury = water elements, representing the life essence of the plant, the very alcohol extract of the plant is the carrier of the life essence.
    Quote Salt = earth element, representing the vegetable salts extracted from calcined ashes of plant body.
    Quote Sulphur = fire element, virtue of plant, representing the volatile oil essence of the plant.
    So my Lyran space-cat brother and I are starting an alchemy lab. Right now, we're giving kickstarter a shot to see if we can get the equipment we need. We have backup plans if that doesn't work, we're just trying to avoid going to the bank if we can.

Spagyrics do interesting things to the light. We are still trying to fully comprehend this.

I'm not trying to solicit to any of my avalonian brothers and sisters, but if anyone knows of any popular blogs or news outlets that could link our campaign, that could be what allows us to succeed. We've had a few friends back the project so far, but we really want to utilize the internet as a means of finding folks who are highly interested in this and who would otherwise not be aware of it.

You can learn more about our campaign here.

Some of the herbs we are using, such as calea zacatechichi are widely used to potentiate lucid dreams. Others such as eleutherococcus senticosus, an adaptogen, improve the brains ability to learn new behavior patterns. We will even be making a Spagyric Yohimbe potion, which is a powerful natural aphrodisiac.

Our body responds well to nature because that's what we're made out of. That's why a single cello can pull harder at our heart-strings than some synthetic sounding, over-produced techno song. Electronica only sounds good when it sounds organic.

The other beautiful thing about the alchemical philosophy is the relationship between the literal practical process of making the potions and the figurative spiritual evolutionary process of the individual. The method of making spagyrics is to separate and purify the body, soul, and life essence in order to recombine or reincarnate them. This works in parallel to the simultaneous incarnation pattern - first you remove the soul from the body and purify it, then you remove the life force from the body and purify it, then you purify the body and gently reintroduce the soul to the body before finally adding the vitality of the life force, completing the final process of the incarnation.

DOES THAT SOUND LIKE EGO DEATH TO ANYONE HERE??????!

I find the similarity rather spooky myself. Especially considering the belief that consciousness manifests across multiple kingdoms: mineral, plant, and animal in addition to humans. It is said that god (lowercase, pantheistic) sleeps in minerals, dreams in plants, awakens in animals, and becomes self aware in human beings. That's why humans are the only listed level of consciousness which study alchemy. The plants are on a different incarnational cycle than us. There are other beings, extradimensional, which study alchemy - but their consciousness is so far beyond ours in terms of evolution. Alchemy is present in all realms of consciousness, though conscious study is pre-requisited by self-awareness.

You do alchemy every day with your body when you poop. That's what sexual metabolism is - a force that has been in the universe long before our pithy existence. (Okay, humans are actually really old, way, way older than probably any of us realize... but these sexual vital metabolic energies are older than time). Now I digress, but there are beings incarnating on this planet who are also older than time.

It should come as no surprise then, that alchemy is older than recorded civilization. In the earliest records of ancient Sumeria, we find recipes for brewing wine, we find plays and songs and poetry and stories, we find descriptions of planetary systems and stars. This culture, which obviously did not just appear out of nowhere, came from something unimaginably and somewhat terrifyingly (in a lovecraftian kind of way) ancient.

Okay, hopefully my cruel and unusual sincerity finds my fellow avalonians well. I'm delighted to chat with anyone about alchemy.
    Last edited by Rantaak; 9th December 2013 at 21:07.
    By Seeking You May Find. By Doing You May Become.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rantaak For This Post:

Amysenthia (8th December 2013), Carmody (9th December 2013), conk (9th December 2013), gaiagirl (8th December 2013), Nasu (9th December 2013), Swanette (11th December 2013), Tesseract (8th December 2013), Zampano (8th December 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Rantaak's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 times in 360 posts

Default Re: Californian Alchemists Campaign for Potions Lab

An update: We have gotten in touch with the International Alchemy Guild and made friends. Yay, friends.
    Last edited by Rantaak; 12th December 2013 at 04:26.
    By Seeking You May Find. By Doing You May Become.

+ Reply to Thread