+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Get a Life and not a reputation

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,143 times in 403 posts

Default Get a Life and not a reputation

I wanted to make a suggestion, that others have made before but I think is worth repeating. Of course it won't make me popular but I am not here to win a popularity contest.

Much of the human world is filled with people living in terror. It might only be a very subtle terror but it feeds their desires, just enough to redirect their focus away from the things that really matter, towards the things that really don't. At least not personally.

Here on Project Avalon there are many such people. A lot of people come out and speak honestly about their problems - which is good and provides them with a great deal of moral support. But others keep quiet but keeping coming back for their daily intake of what's wrong with the world and the opportunity to feel better. Deep inside both types of people, there is an emptiness that won't go away. Both types of people are substituting addiction for living fully.

So here's what I would like to gently suggest, as someone who cares immensely for my fellow human beings and someone who has worked as a therapist/counsellor with people from all walks of life :
    "Spend your time, attending to the things that matter most, instead of wasting your time in long discussions about the latest secret cure or conspiracy or chess move from TPB, etc.. Remember, that while you matter to the people here, no one will really give a **** if you dissappear or die tomorrow. But you mean the world to those who love you. If you have problems with your partner or problems with your children or your parents, or problems with your self esteem or your depression, anxiety or weight or alcohol or drugs or gambling etc etc.,don't be a complete ****ing idiot, take the time to deal with what's really going on in your life. Spend more of your time attending to your problems and the people that matter most to you. If you take the time to attend to what matters, instead of escaping from it to forums like this, you will heal your life and heal your problems and feel better about the difficulties you experience.

And take the time to look honestly at who you are. Examine your mind, your body, your emotions, your feeling states, your values, opinions and behaviours. See how you got to be who you are. And if you don't like what you see, make the effort to create change. Don't bury your head in the sand and obsess about 911 or flouride in the water or RFI chips or Benjamin Big Heads latest post or how Will Cock will help you ascend or how to cope with this crazy world as a star seed !!!

Life takes time and effort. Put time and effort into life. Relationships take time and effort. Put time and effort into relationships. Don't make this bloody box your primary connection."
    PA represents a fraction of the time I dedicate in my very busy life. I always balance it with time outdoors and time with my loved ones. In all things balance.

Maybe even give your online life a big break ! There's no way you can expand your consciousness if it's stuck to a bloody keyboard !

Fulfillment is time spent well.

Said with love for the human race,

Bright.

2. The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to Bright Garlick For This Post:

airaspect (13th December 2013), araucaria (13th December 2013), Becky (15th December 2013), blufire (13th December 2013), Chris Gilbert (6th September 2017), fourty-two (13th December 2013), freedom4all (13th December 2013), Gekko (13th December 2013), gigha (14th December 2013), GloriousPoetry (13th December 2013), golden lady (13th December 2013), grannyfranny100 (13th December 2013), Inaiá (14th December 2013), Jeffrey (13th December 2013), Joseph McAree (13th December 2013), Kalamos (14th December 2013), Kano (13th December 2013), karelia (13th December 2013), markenty13 (15th December 2013), meeradas (2nd December 2014), Nasu (13th December 2013), RunningDeer (13th December 2013), sandy (14th December 2013), sunflower (13th December 2013), Timreh (13th December 2013), transiten (15th December 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Default Re: Get a Life and not a reputation

More wise words this morning from Bright Garlick. Saving the human race is all well and good, but people (forum friends included) need to be looked after one person at a time and in private ways that no one else need know about.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Bright Garlick (14th December 2013), Inaiá (14th December 2013), meeradas (2nd December 2014), Nasu (13th December 2013), sunflower (13th December 2013), ulli (13th December 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Thank you Bright,
    I often wonder if forums, doom and gloom are bit like a drug!! You are so right about getting everything in balance and off course putting our loved ones first.
    My family find it very difficult and I would say sometimes angers them that, shall we say, that I look at the world differently to them.
    The reason why I come here to Avalon, is my thirst for knowledge and to be among like minded people, though always trying to use my own intuition and discernment !!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to golden lady For This Post:

Bright Garlick (14th December 2013), Joseph McAree (13th December 2013), Kano (13th December 2013), sunflower (13th December 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,355 times in 491 posts

Quote Posted by golden lady (here)
    I often wonder if forums, doom and gloom are bit like a drug!!
    Absolutely they are. And I know exactly how I got addicted.

When I first awakened to the true reality I was living in, it wasn't a gradual, slow process. I went plaid (Spaceballs reference :-) I was so floored. I remember crying randomly over the next several weeks although I wasn't necessarily sad. It was just such a jolt to my system that my body dealt with it by crying and having the overwhelming sense of surrealism, like I was living in the Truman Show. I needed to settle in to my new world view. Once I was able to realize that my 26 years of "truths" were now untruths, I became voracious in my research. I began to assimilate data points. I couldn't get enough. I needed to know more about what was really going on. I read everything I could get my hands on. And every time I was exposed to something new that resonated with me, I got "high". I can remember watching 6 hour videos straight through without eating, drinking, or getting up to use the bathroom. This was definitely an addiction for me.

However, life is not without a sense of irony, or perhaps serendipity is the correct word. Either way, my studies and research on topics that were out there, outside of myself, have brought me back full circle to what I feel are the 2 most important word combinations a human can ponder and explore: "Know thyself". And while I do like checking in and seeing what the latest banter on the "hot sheets" is (Men in Black reference :-), I have realized que sera sera. What I am here to ultimately learn about is what I am and what I am capable of and I don't need forums for that. All I need is a quiet mind and to walk softly but carry a big stick. The rest are details...

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kano For This Post:

Becky (15th December 2013), Bright Garlick (14th December 2013), fourty-two (13th December 2013), golden lady (14th December 2013), Inaiá (14th December 2013), Kalamos (14th December 2013), Nasu (13th December 2013), skippy (13th December 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bright Garlick (here)
    I wanted to make a suggestion, that others have made before but I think is worth repeating. Of course it won't make me popular but I am not here to win a popularity contest.

Much of the human world is filled with people living in terror. It might only be a very subtle terror but it feeds their desires, just enough to redirect their focus away from the things that really matter, towards the things that really don't. At least not personally.

Here on Project Avalon there are many such people. A lot of people come out and speak honestly about their problems - which is good and provides them with a great deal of moral support. But others keep quiet but keeping coming back for their daily intake of what's wrong with the world and the opportunity to feel better. Deep inside both types of people, there is an emptiness that won't go away. Both types of people are substituting addiction for living fully.

So here's what I would like to gently suggest, as someone who cares immensely for my fellow human beings and someone who has worked as a therapist/counsellor with people from all walks of life :
    "Spend your time, attending to the things that matter most, instead of wasting your time in long discussions about the latest secret cure or conspiracy or chess move from TPB, etc.. Remember, that while you matter to the people here, no one will really give a **** if you dissappear or die tomorrow. But you mean the world to those who love you. If you have problems with your partner or problems with your children or your parents, or problems with your self esteem or your depression, anxiety or weight or alcohol or drugs or gambling etc etc.,don't be a complete ****ing idiot, take the time to deal with what's really going on in your life. Spend more of your time attending to your problems and the people that matter most to you. If you take the time to attend to what matters, instead of escaping from it to forums like this, you will heal your life and heal your problems and feel better about the difficulties you experience.

And take the time to look honestly at who you are. Examine your mind, your body, your emotions, your feeling states, your values, opinions and behaviours. See how you got to be who you are. And if you don't like what you see, make the effort to create change. Don't bury your head in the sand and obsess about 911 or flouride in the water or RFI chips or Benjamin Big Heads latest post or how Will Cock will help you ascend or how to cope with this crazy world as a star seed !!!

Life takes time and effort. Put time and effort into life. Relationships take time and effort. Put time and effort into relationships. Don't make this bloody box your primary connection."
    PA represents a fraction of the time I dedicate in my very busy life. I always balance it with time outdoors and time with my loved ones. In all things balance.

Maybe even give your online life a big break ! There's no way you can expand your consciousness if it's stuck to a bloody keyboard !

Fulfillment is time spent well.

Said with love for the human race,

Bright.

Bright
    I am new to Project Avalon, I don't gamble, drink alcohol or do drugs. I have been happily married for eighteen years, I have four children that take up allot of my time, for they are my life and all of which are in the top of there grade. I was disowned by my parents when I was fourteen, I put myself through high school, I served 3 years in the 82nd airborne, 8 months in desert storm fighting for YOUR freedoms. I spent five years in college obtaining more then 300 credits towards a computer science and electrical engineering degree, I quit college to raise my first child without a second thought. I'm average height, average weight I get along with all of my siblings I tend to deal with my problems face on, and I am not short for words.

I have been an atheist my entire life, I have never even considered the fact of a god other then to use the power people instill in these things. I don't watch tv or listen to the radio other then 15 minutes in the morning were I learned that three people died due to some gun owning whack job. A priest that was sentenced to life in prison for molesting 33 of his practitioners, some political stuff that is always biased due to the listening crowd, and some sports announcements all on the local country radio station. I care about my health and if you want to poison yourself, go ahead because your right, I won't miss you when your gone, just another statistic to me.

A person is born gay just as Avalonians are born with special qualities, they seek like minded people, this is how I came upon this site. I don't agree with everything I read here but I have the choice to leave the page and look for other things that I am interested in, as do you, hence the term forum. I'm not your patient, and you can not assume my reasoning for coming here just because you don't share my views or feelings. I am just as comfortable in the astral as I am in real life, I am grounded and can keep them separated, but I still realize that I am different from others.

So just what should I be doing mr counselor with my spare time and who do you suggest I speak to about the things that I am feeling, my wife and children are supportive but do not share my visions or connection to these things?

I like to think that connections can be built even on a forum that lets us be who we are, who are you to say otherwise. Perhaps, just perhaps, this forum is just not for you.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to powessy For This Post:

Bright Garlick (14th December 2013), grannyfranny100 (13th December 2013), Inaiá (14th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th December 2013), thunder24 (14th December 2013), Wind (14th December 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Mexico On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 times in 370 posts

Well said Bright Garlick,

Relationships take time and efforts....the human touch is important and that is something that online connections can't fulfill...I don't spend too much time on here because I enjoy spending time with people face to face....
    This thread may not make you popular but it makes you real!
    Sublimating that push in life that gives you the rhythmic experience of living despite it all.........

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GloriousPoetry For This Post:

Bright Garlick (14th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (13th December 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hey Powessey - Thanks for responding. Though I am not sure why you felt I was speaking to YOU. It seems that something pressed your buttons. Maybe a bad experience with a counsellor ? Or maybe I represent something you disown ?

You are obviously very balanced and do not fit the two groups of people I highlghted !

I am sorry you feel you were fighting for MY freedoms. Perhaps you should re-evaluate YOUR choices. I may not be who you THINK I am.

Perhaps reowning your parents might be good for you. But that's just my thought as a human being. As for what you should be doing or who you should be speaking to - that is for you to decide. But perhaps like many of the military men and women I worked with, you are not as happy about your commitment to fighting for others freedoms (or the perception of) as you think you are ?

And perhaps after my long stay at PA (including a long departure), this forum isn't for me ? You know, I was a counsellor - just one role in my life. I learned a great deal about people through my work. But I am an ordinary human being like you. I am not here to counsel anyone, only to remind others that there may be other things that they are ignoring, that really need to be attended to.

Perhaps you could speak to GOD and challenge that atheism a little ? Or your pets, or a counsellor, or a support group, or a buddy who has been through what you have been through and has a similar urge to know the truth, or a tree (it worked well for Buddha) or a mountain (it worked well for Ramana Maharshi) or some other aspect of yourself, or a being in the astral who feel a connection to you at a deeper level.

Much peace and goodwill to you brother.

Bright.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Garlick For This Post:

powessy (17th December 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bright Garlick (here)
    Hey Powessey - Thanks for responding. Though I am not sure why you felt I was speaking to YOU. It seems that something pressed your buttons. Maybe a bad experience with a counsellor ? Or maybe I represent something you disown ?

You are obviously very balanced and do not fit the two groups of people I highlghted !

I am sorry you feel you were fighting for MY freedoms. Perhaps you should re-evaluate YOUR choices. I may not be who you THINK I am.

Perhaps reowning your parents might be good for you. But that's just my thought as a human being. As for what you should be doing or who you should be speaking to - that is for you to decide. But perhaps like many of the military men and women I worked with, you are not as happy about your commitment to fighting for others freedoms (or the perception of) as you think you are ?

And perhaps after my long stay at PA (including a long departure), this forum isn't for me ? You know, I was a counsellor - just one role in my life. I learned a great deal about people through my work. But I am an ordinary human being like you. I am not here to counsel anyone, only to remind others that there may be other things that they are ignoring, that really need to be attended to.

Perhaps you could speak to GOD and challenge that atheism a little ? Or your pets, or a counsellor, or a support group, or a buddy who has been through what you have been through and has a similar urge to know the truth, or a tree (it worked well for Buddha) or a mountain (it worked well for Ramana Maharshi) or some other aspect of yourself, or a being in the astral who feel a connection to you at a deeper level.

Much peace and goodwill to you brother.

Bright.
    Bright
    I'm just tired of people supposing they know whats best for others, Did someone ask for your opinion, or request your help. There are professionals that reenact historical events, comic con, cosplay, theater plays are these people disconnected from reality because they are doing something they enjoy. A listener as you say you are will listen and from time to time you will learn regardless of what you think you already know. I don't disagree as much as I am offended by the fact you came to a awakening forum to press your analysis on the private affairs of others. There are thousands of forums with people that come together to talk about issues with like minded people, how do you assume we discuss our similarities, at church, with a counselor, in a tree(Dr Seuss) in a bed with a fox, it works for some. Did you serve your country from behind the lines or just talk to those that did and find you have something in common, think again. I made peace with my parents years ago and it didn't require the help of a counselor. If you want to help, then help but in a constructive way try seeing things from the perspective of a person in this forum. You are not going to win every battle but you may win enough to make a difference.
    I sense that you do not believe in the things this forum stands for so why are you here?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to powessy For This Post:

dianna (14th December 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

Quote Posted by powessy (here)
    [...] in a bed with a fox [...]

Sorry, not having a go at anybody here... just wanted to inject a lil' levity. Don't mind me.
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

Becky (15th December 2013), Bright Garlick (14th December 2013), dianna (14th December 2013), Inaiá (14th December 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I'm with you Freed Fox. Levity well appreciated !

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bright Garlick For This Post:

Freed Fox (15th December 2013), powessy (17th December 2013)

+ Reply to Thread