+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 10 12 LastLast

Thread: Brainscans and prisoners: Outing the sociopaths and the domino effect

1. Link to Post #181
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Default Re: Brainscans and prisoners: Outing the sociopaths and the domino effect

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Good question Araucaria, maybe we should brain storm on how it should be done.

Carmody had started by thinking of implementing the scan in jail for prisoner and employees.

What else could be done?

Flash, here’s one thing we are already doing and which IMO is proving extremely effective, and that is thinking outside of the box. TINA (there is no alternative) is not only an example of in-the-box thinking, it establishes the contours of the box. It says ‘This is what you are going to think. This is your box, but it is invisible because I am telling you there is no alternative, there is no outside-the-box.’

Take my example of The Last Supper. The question is always How are we going to save it? There are alternative options within that box. But no one except Leonardo da Vinci, yours truly and no doubt quite a few philistines have suggested a different answer to the more basic question that is never asked, Should we save it or not? As an art-lover myself, I am talking about some serious iconoclasm here. And so, if I can afford the sacrilege of allowing such an icon to fade away, I can probably avoid any dependence on Snowflower’s grids as well.

The TINA approach to grids is always as far as possible one big grid rather than several smaller ones. This way, if a butterfly sneezes in Mexico, there might be a major flu epidemic in Japan
    Tesla’s DC electricity would have required many local power stations, which was seen as a problem, and AC able to cover vast distances was introduced in its place. So now any blackouts will affect as many people as possible.

The grid mentality has had its day. What is a grid if not the lines around a set of boxes to confine us? Mains water is polluted; travel by road is nothing but soul-destroying and polluting congestion; airlines, once you get past the strip searches at airports, are subject to remote hijacking at any time; the Internet is mostly trashed, but it has this Achilles heel of forums like Avalon. Tell me, what future do we want for grids like these?

With free energy, power grids, road networks etc. will become unnecessary. And “unlocking food” is well underway, with many local initiatives and alternatives already in place.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Flash (4th April 2014), Reinhard (4th April 2015)

3. Link to Post #182
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

Default Re: Brainscans and prisoners: Outing the sociopaths and the domino effect

Auricaria, I am really down there at the nitty gritty level. Far down the ladder from existential thought. I raise ducks and goats. I get eggs and meat and down from ducks and I get milk, cheese, butter, meat, and leather from goats. Unlocking the food. That's what I'm talking about. Getting food without the grid.

"Beyond Civilization" talked about cooperating with others to develop businesses while living in cities and getting food out of grocery stores, getting heat by flipping a switch, getting light with purchased power. There was nothing in the book about extricating oneself from dependence for bare survival on the system of civilization.

It has to start with ME and YOU and HIM and HER that figure out how (each in our own way) to break free of that dependence.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

araucaria (5th April 2014), Chanlo23 (8th April 2014), Sierra (24th June 2015)

5. Link to Post #183
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Quote Posted by araucaria (here)

[..]
    Tesla’s DC electricity would have required many local power stations, which was seen as a problem, and AC able to cover vast distances was introduced in its place. So now any blackouts will affect as many people as possible.
    [..]
    ooops ??

6. Link to Post #184
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,705 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by Bobd (here)
    Quote Posted by araucaria (here)

[..]
    [..]
    ooops ??
    opps?? it is the reverse ain't it?

Quote Edison's publicity campaign[edit]

Edison carried out a campaign to discourage the use [35] of alternating current, including spreading disinformation on fatal AC accidents, publicly electrocuting animals, and lobbying against the use of AC in state legislatures. Edison directed his technicians, primarily Arthur Kennelly and Harold P. Brown,[36] to preside over several AC-driven killings of animals, primarily stray cats and dogs but also unwanted cattle and horses. [37] Acting on these directives, they were to demonstrate to the press that alternating current was more dangerous than Edison's system of direct current.[38] He also tried to popularize the term for being electrocuted as being "Westinghoused". Years after DC had lost the "war of the currents," in 1903, his film crew made a movie of the electrocution with high voltage AC, supervised by Edison employees, of Topsy, a Coney Island circus elephant which had recently killed three men.[39]

Nikola Tesla, inventor, physicist, and electro-mechanical engineer, who held several instrumental patents in the Westinghouse AC system
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_Currents

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (4th April 2014), Chanlo23 (8th April 2014), Reinhard (4th April 2015)

8. Link to Post #185
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Snowflower (here)
    Auricaria, I am really down there at the nitty gritty level. Far down the ladder from existential thought. I raise ducks and goats. I get eggs and meat and down from ducks and I get milk, cheese, butter, meat, and leather from goats. Unlocking the food. That's what I'm talking about. Getting food without the grid.

"Beyond Civilization" talked about cooperating with others to develop businesses while living in cities and getting food out of grocery stores, getting heat by flipping a switch, getting light with purchased power. There was nothing in the book about extricating oneself from dependence for bare survival on the system of civilization.

It has to start with ME and YOU and HIM and HER that figure out how (each in our own way) to break free of that dependence.
    Thank you Snowflower, I couldn’t agree more. Beyond Civilization is only a short book (under 200 unfinished pages – say about 150 pages altogether). Given that, like you, it recommends a multiplicity of ways forward, it was never going to get down to the nitty gritty level you are talking about. If you judge him for what he doesn’t say, then a lot of people are going to feel betrayed. I personally think the idea is rather to see how a general message can be particularized. I disagree when you say he implies continued dependence on the grid. And I also disagree when you say he has nothing to say about unlocking the food. He actually writes, quote, “locking up the food spells the end of tribalism and beginning of the hierarchical life we call civilization”. He is talking about the food surpluses that need storing and police to guard the storehouse. It works like this:

Quote As soon as the storehouse appears, someone must step forward to guard it, and this custodian needs assistants, who depend upon him entirely since they no longer earn a living as farmers. In a single stroke, a figure of power appears on the scene to control the community’s wealth, surrounded by a cadre of loyal vassals, ready to evolve into a ruling class of royals and nobles.(p.70)
    In other words (this is me not Quinn), perhaps the “original sin” was when Satan offered Eve an out-of-season apple from his storehouse And so food production provided the model for big finance in control of capital. Since Quinn readily acknowledges that mouths will still need to be filled, alternative methods as practiced by the likes of yourself are a crucial part in changing that paradigm. There is more and more supply and demand for buying locally and cutting out the “food industry” side of eating. And as you rightly point out, “It has to start with ME and YOU and HIM and HER that figure out how (each in our own way) to break free of that dependence”. “ME and YOU and HIM and HER” – not Daniel Quinn.

However, the broader point I am trying to make in the context of this thread is that this approach is more to do with the system than with individuals.

Quote What I’ve endeavored to say in all my books is that the flaw in our civilization isn’t in the people, it’s in the system. (p.171)
    This is seemingly in contradiction with the argument of this thread, whereby we are talking about a tiny minority of people, the “elite” who created this system and are milking it for all they are worth. The apparent contradiction lies in dividing “the people” into a minority and a majority. Is the situation as clearcut as that? Brainscans would suggest so, but the idea notably of an archontic influence suggests that on the contrary, there is a group of “middlemen” and these agents of the élite are mere pawns that can readily be discarded and replaced with new ones. Ringing the changes has actually become a part of the process. Time for a democratic president? Here is a new democratic puppet etc. In other words, even within the minority, it is more about the system than about individuals. This is the hardcore’s way of expanding to look like a larger minority or even majority. Daniel Quinn implicitly denies the existence of a hardcore. This is where we would disagree with him.

What I am suggesting, then, is that outing the sociopaths is one prong of a two-pronged defense. We can screen for individuals and deal appropriately with those who fall into this minority category. And at the same time, we tackle the problem from the other end, by undermining in a myriad different ways the very system that allows them to thrive. Some people will adapt – those who have been showing sociopathic tendencies opportunistically, i.e. playing the system for their personal gain; others will be unable or unwilling to adapt – these are the true sociopaths, who live by the “survival of the fittest” philosophy and, being most unfit, will die by the “survival of the fittest” philosophy.

In short, I am confirming Carmody’s statement that screening of sociopaths is coming and cannot be stopped, because it is coming in multiple forms already well underway. This is something that has been decided simply has to happen, and the material details of how it comes about are in one sense totally secondary, automatic – and in another sense have to be worked at with the utmost commitment.

Re earlier post: Oops indeed, I seem to have got my wires crossed - an unconscious act of sabotage perhaps

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Bob (5th April 2014), Carmody (28th August 2014), Chanlo23 (6th October 2014), donk (14th May 2014), Flash (5th April 2014), Sierra (24th June 2015)

10. Link to Post #186
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,899 times in 15,481 posts

Assuming that all these brain scan dara are not the result of these pervasive antidepressant/SSRI drugs, then here is a start:

What It’s Like to Spend 20 Years Listening to Psychopaths for Science

Ted Bundy, shown here in 1978, unwittingly had a role in sparking Kent Kiehl’s interest in psychopaths. Photo: Donn Dughi/Bettmann/CORBIS

Kent Kiehl was walking briskly towards the airport exit, eager to get home, when a security guard grabbed his arm. “Would you please come with me, sir?” he said. Kiehl complied, and he did his best to stay calm while security officers searched his belongings. Then, they asked him if there was anything he wanted to confess.

Kiehl is a neuroscientist at the Mind Research Network and the University of New Mexico in Albuquerque, and he’s devoted his career to studying what’s different about the brains of psychopaths — people whose lack of compassion, empathy, and remorse has a tendency to get them into trouble with the law. On the plane, Kiehl had been typing up notes from an interview he’d done with a psychopath in Illinois who’d been convicted of murdering two women and raping and killing a 10-year old girl. The woman sitting next to him thought he was typing out a confession.

Kiehl recounts the story in a new book about his research, The Psychopath Whisperer. He has been interviewing psychopaths for more than 20 years, and the book is filled with stories of these colorful (and occasionally off-color) encounters. (Actually, The Psychopath Listener would have been a more accurate, if less grabby title.) More recently he’s acquired a mobile MRI scanner and permission to scan the brains of New Mexico state prison inmates. So far he’s scanned about 3,000 violent offenders, including 500 psychopaths.

He talked with WIRED about what’s different in the brains of psychopaths and why he views psychopathy as a preventable mental disorder.

WIRED: How do real life psychopaths differ from ones we see on TV or in movies?

Kent Kiehl: One of the biggest differences is that psychopaths are way more common than people believe. About one in 150 people will meet the stringent clinical criteria for the disorder. That means hundreds of thousands of them are out and about in the population. The majority of them don’t commit violent crimes, but they lead this sort of disorganized, nomadic life, and they tend to eventually end up in some sort of trouble. Hollywood hasn’t done a good job of portraying the average psychopath. For the most part, they’ve taken the extreme view, with the Hannibal Lecters and more sensationalized people like that. It’s actually far more common and banal.

WIRED: People also tend to confuse psychopathy and psychosis — what’s the difference?

Kiehl: Right. With psychopathy the main features are lack of empathy, guilt, and remorse — and impulsivity. Psychosis is a fragmentation of the mind where you have hallucinations and delusions. It’s a very different disorder. You almost never find someone who has psychotic delusions and even moderate levels of psychopathic traits.

WIRED: In the book you write that in two decades you’ve only come across a handful of people who scored 40 out of 40 on the psychopathy checklist (30 is commonly used as the psychopath cutoff. Regular folks tend to score around 4 or 5). What is it like to talk to a perfect psychopath?

Kiehl: They are so fundamentally different. You leave the room knowing that you’ve just met someone who is extremely different, even different from other psychopaths. They are absolutely and completely free from conscience. They have this unbelievably flat affect that’s really palpable when you look in their eyes.

Kiehl stands at the entrance of his mobile MRI scanner. Photo: courtesy of Kent Kiehl

WIRED: It sounds like the sort of thing that would stay with you for a while…

Kiehl: Yeah. One of my favorites I call Shock Richie because he did some things that most of us would not even think were possible — the types of crimes he committed, the things he would do to the bodies afterwards. He would do things purely for shock value. When he walked into the maximum security prison on his first day he took off all his clothes and walked around completely naked out in the rain. All the other inmates were wondering what the hell was going on. I interviewed him later that day and he told me he does stuff like that to make sure people understand he’s capable of anything.

WIRED: What’s going through your mind when you’re sitting in the room with someone like that?

Kiehl: I’m just fascinated.

WIRED: Aren’t you ever worried about getting your ass kicked?

Kiehl: Well, more than just getting my ass kicked. I worked with a guy who admitted to me that he’d committed several murders on the outside and would commit more if people would ask. He had a team of confederates. I got a phone call a few days later from the head corrections officer at the prison where I was working at the time and he said “Kent, we’re taking you into protective custody. One of the inmates thinks you ratted him out and is talking about having you killed.” So my roommate and I went into protective custody for a couple days. It turned out that one of his confederates had snitched on him. Once that information got back to him, I went back to work as if nothing had happened. But there was a time there when I was worried about someone taking me out.

WIRED: Is it hard to spend so much time around people who’ve done really awful things?

Kiehl: I’m pretty comfortable with it. I’ve only met maybe 2 or 3 people in my career who after talking to them, I realized I just don’t need to know anything else about them. They’ve done such bad things and the way they dealt with it… I got to my limit.

WIRED: Why do you see psychopathy as a mental disorder, not just an extreme personality type?

Kiehl: I consider it a mental health problem because it’s associated with impairments at home, at work, with family, with friends. It leads to hospitalization or incarceration. It comes with all these other problems you associate with mental illness. The one thing that differentiates psychopaths is they don’t appear distressed by the fact that their life is a disaster. They lack insight into how their behavior affects other people.

WIRED: What is known at this point about what’s different about their brains?

Kiehl: We’ve found that psychopaths have 5 to 10 percent reduced gray matter density in and around the limbic regions [a network deep in the brain that's important for emotional processing]. We’ve also found — and a group in Germany has published a similar finding — that the tissue that connects the limbic system to the frontal lobes is disrupted. There have also been lots of studies published showing reduced responsivity in those circuits during emotional processing and moral decision making.

Kiehl’s research has identified brain regions that are less dense in psychopaths. Image: Kent Kiehl

WIRED: You write in the book about your testimony for the defense in the death penalty hearing for Brian Dugan, the psychopathic serial killer who almost got you in trouble with the TSA. Is the neuroscience really ready for use in individual cases?

Kiehl: It depends on the context. The evidence is pretty convincing that their brains are different, the question is whether it’s mitigating or not. As an attorney, I think you’d only want to bring up an issue like psychopathy if the only question before the jury was life or death. That was the context in the Dugan case. All he’s going to be doing is going back to his cell for the next 15-20 years [the jury apparently first returned a life sentence, then changed it to a death sentence, which was converted back to life in prison when Illinois abolished the death penalty in 2011].

But I don’t think it makes sense at all to use psychopathy as a mitigating factor in a juvenile first time offender or that type of context. There’s a potential double-edged sword. There’s a possibility a prosecutor could say, well if his brain is different, doesn’t that mean there’s a higher risk he’ll reoffend, and how would you change it?

WIRED: Can psychopaths change?

Kiehl: I’m so encouraged by the pioneering work that’s occurring at places like the Mendota Juvenile Treatment Center in Wisconsin, where people are taking high risk youths [who show signs of developing psychopathic traits] and treating them with various intensive programs to try to reduce the odds that they’ll reoffend.

The treatments that seem to be making a big difference emphasize positive reinforcement rather than punishment. Yes, they’re incarcerated at the time and that’s their punishment for the crimes they’ve done, but the facilities instead of only punishing them when they do something bad actually reward them when they do something good. If they interact positively with staff they’re given a small reward, like maybe a video game in their cell for the weekend. Similarly, with this segment of the population, if you use positive reinforcement they’re much more likely to do what you want them to do.

WIRED: Does it really make sense to devote the resources for intensive therapy to such a small minority?

Kiehl: If you look at just the published literature on the Mendota Juvenile Treatment Center, for every $10,000 the state of Wisconsin has invested on that program, it returned over $70,000 in reduced incarceration and criminal justice costs in the next four years. Boys that go through the treatment stop accumulating infractions that lengthen their sentence. When they get out, they stay out longer and they commit less violent crime, which is the most expensive kind of crime from a societal perspective.

WIRED: If we already have interventions that work, why do we need all the brain research?

Kiehl: The current programs aren’t perfect. They reduce violent recidivism by 50 percent. But 10 to 15 percent of kids still reoffended violently, despite the best psychological treatment. What the brain science might do is help inform the cognitive treatment process so maybe you could determine that the easy to treat kids might be ready for release after six months, but these other kids need a full year or more of treatment. You might be able to use the neuroscience to improve the decision making. That’s the sort of thing we’re hoping to do.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

araucaria (10th May 2014), Carmody (14th May 2014), donk (14th May 2014), Reinhard (4th April 2015), Sierra (24th June 2015)

12. Link to Post #187
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0015247/

Current practice

Healthcare services

Most people with antisocial personality disorder in the community remain undiagnosed and untreated (Department of Health, 2003). They do not come into contact with mental health services and often do not perceive any need for treatment of their personality problems.

Some people with the disorder may seek treatment for comorbid mental health disorders, including anxiety and depression, but whether they have a formal diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder or not, they may nevertheless be excluded from services because of their personality disorder or the mistaken belief that they will not be able to benefit from treatment. People with antisocial personality disorder may also make limited use of inpatient services in a crisis but are unlikely to be offered or engage in long-term treatment.

In contrast to mental health services, a significant number of people with antisocial personality disorder are treated by drug and alcohol services in both the statutory and non-statutory sector.

Here the focus on treatment will be on the drug or alcohol misuse not the personality problem.

Health services treating people specifically for their antisocial personality disorder are largely limited to specialist healthcare services such as forensic services. However, even within forensic services specific provision for antisocial personality disorder is underdeveloped.

At the very severe end of the spectrum the recent development of the Dangerous and Severe Personality Disorder Service (Home Office, 1997) has seen the establishment of new units in two special hospitals (Rampton and Broadmoor) and two high secure prisons (HMP Frankland and HMP Whitemoor).

The criminal justice system

The large majority of people receiving interventions for antisocial personality disorder and related problems will be in the criminal justice system, with the interventions provided either by the probation or prison services.

The explicit aim of these interventions is to reduce offending behaviour.

These interventions are highly manualised and subject to stringent quality assurance and auditing (T3 Associates, 2003). Whether individuals in the criminal justice system receive interventions will depend on a range of factors including the availability of places on offending behaviour programmes in the institution or probation service, the type and length of their sentence (as this may or may not facilitate their enrolment in a programme), and, if they are in prison, whether they voluntarily choose to enrol on a programme.

The majority of psychological interventions delivered in the criminal justice system are cognitive behavioural and largely based on social learning theory, a development of behavioural learning models that has been adapted to take account of findings from cognitive and developmental psychology (Bandura, 2001).

These interventions include: behaviour modification; relaxation training; systematic desensitisation; social skills training; problem-solving therapy; cognitive therapy; and moral reasoning or moral reconation therapy. Virtually all of these methods have been employed in efforts to reduce offending behaviour and this represents the largest research base of evidence for interventions with offenders. The literature has been reviewed in a number of meta-analyses (for example, Lipton et al., 2002; Landenberger & Lipsey, 2005; Tong & Farrington, 2006; Lipsey et al., 2007).

Beyond the health and criminal justice system interventions, the provision of care and support for people with antisocial personality disorder is also very limited.

As they may cause disruption and a threat to staff or other services users, people with antisocial personality disorder may find themselves excluded from a range of services that might otherwise support them in the community (including during transition from the care of the criminal justice system to the community), such as housing, welfare and employment services.

13. Link to Post #188
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Charles Rangel speaks up - Maybe a separate thread, but maybe relevant depending on how one reads into this article..

From Politics Early and Often,

"Charles Rangel wants psych testing for entire GOP"

"After Karl Rove caused a stir when he questioned whether Hillary Clinton had a "traumatic brain injury," Democratic New York Rep. Charles Rangel went on the attack against Republicans.

"He said that if the GOP is going to make health be an issue during elections, then all GOP candidates, or as he called them, "potential patients" should be subjected to psychiatric evaluations.

“If we are going into the psychiatric evaluations of potential candidates, then the Republican Party, they’re completely out of business,” the Democratic congressman on MSNBC’s “Jansing & Co.” “Because the potential patients that they put up for president of the United States was embarrassing to me as a Democrat.”

links:
    http://politics.suntimes.com/article...05132014-348pm

http://www.clevelandleader.com/node/22611

http://rangel.house.gov/

14. Link to Post #189
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Quote [...]

Here's a little something that's kind of off-topic; A number of years ago I was supervising a crew of eight inmates doing a special project. When lunch arrived we all sat around a table and began to eat. We were laughing and joking when it suddenly occurred to me that all eight of the men were in prison for murder.

The thought took my breath away for a moment but then I had to chuckle.... if someone had told me that someday I would [be] having lunch with a bunch of convicted murderers, I would have called them a liar.

The interesting thing about it was, I never felt afraid, intimidated or threatened by any of them. In fact, most murderers are very easy to supervise. They usually mind their own business and don't get mixed up in prison politics. It's the druggies and sex offenders who are the most challenging. They are the most manipulative of all inmates.
    ----

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bob (13th June 2014), Carmody (14th June 2014), Chanlo23 (6th October 2014), Reinhard (4th April 2015), RunningDeer (13th June 2014), Sierra (24th June 2015)

16. Link to Post #190
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Of course... who has the means to start it first...

U.S. Military Seeks To Brain Scan Troops For "Signs of Potential Betrayal"

Nicholas West Activist Post

The massive investment in neuroscience undertaken by the U.S. BRAIN project and its sister initiative the Human Brain Project is increasingly taking a turn toward the examination of mental health. In fact, hundreds of European scientists working on the project are threatening a boycott because of this direction. In their view, the initial directive was to be more focused on repairing organic injuries and disorders such as Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and physical brain damage sustained in accidents. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder would be one area that might involve the military.

However, there is a disturbing trend developing in law enforcement and medicine to use what has been learned about the human brain in order to adopt pre-crime systems and predictive behavior technology.

But could a brain scan become standard procedure to see which troops might be inclined to commit insider attacks?

Troops overseas have been working alongside Iraqi and Afghan troops for years, but a new interest is being taken in evaluating potential extremists who are infiltrating to kill from within.

The numbers of these incidents are statistically low as reported by Defense One, which cites the inside killing of "several troops in recent years." But a former Army counterintelligence agent sees the opportunity to apply new technology that presumably can screen people for mal-intent. The system is called HandShake:
    Here’s how the HandShake system works: A U.S. soldier would take, say, an Iraqi officer and outfit the subject with a special helmet that can pick up both electromagnetic signals (EEG) and perform functional near-infrared imaging (fNIRs) which images blood flow changes in the brain. The soldier would put the subject through a battery of tests including image recognition. Most of the pictures in the tests would be benign, but a few would contain scenes that a potential insider threat would remember, possibly including faces, locations or even bomb parts. The key is to select these images very, very carefully to cut down on the potential false positives.
    [...]
    When you recognize a picture that’s of emotional significance to you, your brain experiences a 200 to 500 microsecond hiccup, during which the electromagnetic activity drops, measurable via EEG. The reaction, referred to as the P300 response, happens too fast for the test subject to control, so the subject can’t game the system.
    The fNIR readings back up the EEG numbers. Together, they speak to not only whether or not a subject is a traitor but how likely an individual is to act on potentially criminal or treasonous impulses. The system then runs all the data through what Veritas calls a Friend or Foe Algorithm. The output: the ability to pinpoint an insider’s threat potential with 80 to 90 percent accuracy, according to the company. (Source) [emphasis added]
    The company, Veritas, has issued the following video promo for their system:

It's obviously ironic that this system is intended to be used on people who never should have encountered the U.S. military in the first place, since the U.S. military arrived based on lies. Moreover, to those flagged by such a system, they are clearly open to being tortured under the policies that have been established in the War on Terror world in which we live.

This system comes at an expense in excess of $1 million dollars to deploy and $500,000 per month thereafter, per site, according to the company's founder. Both the monetary cost and the ethical costs should ensure that this technology never sees the light of day. However, the military-industrial complex has a provable track record of caring very little about either.

Note:The article linked below demonstrates how the biometric identification system in Afghanistan already has trickled down to the streets of America. If brain scanning technology is successful overseas, it is guaranteed to show up inside the United States. It's already been proposed for air travel and other applications under the FAST system (Future Attribute Screening Technology). Additionally, with the increased war on whistleblowers, this would be a wonderful tool for employers to weed out those whose desire is not to undermine, but simply to expose criminality.

Recently by Nicholas West:

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Carmody (24th July 2014), Reinhard (4th April 2015), Sierra (24th June 2015)

18. Link to Post #191
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,320 times in 10,234 posts

Hopefully people can begin to see where this is going.

To take charge of the drive or impetus behind and in this technology to weed out the very people who want to control others, which is: those who are trying to introduce it. And those who are trying to control and trying to move into tyranny, cannot be allowed to test themselves or test their own peers. To be so scrutinized on a continual basis that the mechanisms, potentials and pathways for such sociopaths to operate, are closed.

That the ones proposing the system are the first under scrutiny and the most observed, in as fail-safe a system as possible. Repeatedly. Until the weeding out is real.

This technology is coming and will be in existence, whether you want it to or not.

So take charge.... so it does not take charge of you. Find a way, a way that is difficult to circumvent.

If it is not understood by as many people as possible, as it comes into being and into shape, then it's roll out or integration with society and humanity will be lopsided and greatly in favor of the tyrannical.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

araucaria (24th July 2014), Bob (24th July 2014), Flash (25th July 2014), Hervé (24th July 2014), Reinhard (4th April 2015), Sierra (24th June 2015)

20. Link to Post #192
    Thanks

We may as well revive this thread as well for our newbies who had not had a chance to read it.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (29th August 2014), Carmody (28th August 2014), Chanlo23 (6th October 2014), PurpleLama (28th August 2014)

22. Link to Post #193
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

DARPA is still trying to get people to have BRAIN IMPLANTS - see the revived thread on that - they believe the implants will control (FILL IN THE BLANK) - Sociopaths, Psychopaths, and a whole HOST of diseases which require drugs to "treat"..

23. Link to Post #194
    Thanks

Meaning Bob that we will be all categorized for different kinds of implants except the real psychopath at the top of the pyramids.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (29th August 2014), Carmody (14th September 2014), Chanlo23 (6th October 2014)

25. Link to Post #195
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Meaning Bob that we will be all categorized for different kinds of implants except the real psychopath at the top of the pyramids.
    what level software, what grade of program.. DARPA and IARPA are pushing for this to convince us ALL it is perfectly acceptable because of all the 'good' (ah hemmm) things it is supposed to offer us all.. gd it.. who's program has a right..

Notice the implants on the ears...

the ultimate solution - end result - all controlled by "central authority, 'CA' "

26. Link to Post #196
    Thanks

And so it begins:

There could be increased numbers of psychopaths in senior managerial positions and high levels of business

A breakthrough by a talented University of Huddersfield student has shown for the first time that people with psychopathic tendencies who have high IQs can mask their symptoms by manipulating tests designed to reveal their personalities. It raises the possibility that large numbers of ruthless risk-takers are able to conceal their level of psychopathy as they rise to key managerial posts.

Carolyn Bate, aged 22, was still an undergraduate when she carried out her groundbreaking research into the links between psychopathy and intelligence, using a range of special tests and analysing the data. She wrote up her findings for the final-year project in her BSc Psychology degree. Not only was she awarded an exceptionally high mark of 85 per cent, her work has also been accepted for publication by the peer-reviewed Journal of Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology – an unusual distinction for an undergraduate.

Carolyn, who has now graduated with First Class Honours, said that her project was triggered when she read about research which showed that while one per cent of the population were categorised as psychopaths, the figure rose to three per cent in the case of business managers.

"I thought that intelligence could be an explanation for this, and it could be a problem if there are increased numbers of psychopaths at a high level in business. The figure could be more than three per cent, because if people are aware they are psychopathic they can also lie – they are quite manipulative and lack empathy. This could have a detrimental effect on our everyday lives," said Carolyn, who added that some researchers have suggested that episodes such as the Wall Street Crash could be blamed on the numbers of psychopaths among decision makers.

She points out that, despite the media's invariably lurid use of the term, there are various categories of psychopath and they are not all prone to physical violence.

"The ones who are at the top of businesses are often charming and intelligent, but with emotional deficits, as opposed to psychopaths who are quite erratic and tend to commit gruesome crimes and are often caught and imprisoned."

Sufficient intelligence to fake their emotional response

To test her ideas, Carolyn assembled 50 participants, mostly from among students, who underwent a series of tests – conducted in strict confidence – beginning with an appraisal of IQ levels using a standard procedure. Then they completed the Levenson Self-Report Psychopathy Scale, which established which participants had either Factor One or Factor Two psychopathic tendencies.

Then Carolyn used the technique of Galvanic Skin Response (GSR). Electrodes were attached to the fingers of participants in order to gauge their reactions to images on a computer screen. They included pictures of crying children, people being threatened and scenes of natural disasters. There were no truly horrific images, but they were of the sort that would shock a completely normal person. However, a person with Factor One psychopathic tendencies – the sort more likely to become a business manager – would display little or no emotional response; while a Factor Two psychopath would demonstrate a heightened response due to excitement.

Carolyn found that the GSR responses among her participants were much as she would have predicted – except for the fact that it was only those with lower levels of intelligence who displayed the expected levels of excitement.

The conclusion is that those with higher IQs had sufficient intelligence to fake their emotional response, making it more difficult to detect their condition. This is the discovery that means Carolyn has made an original contribution to research in the field.

She has contemplated the implications and whether or not it is important to develop new procedures to screen out psychopathic people who are in line for top business posts.

"Perhaps businesses do need people who have the same characteristics as psychopaths, such as ruthlessness. But I suspect that some form of screening does need to take place, mainly so businesses are aware of what sort of people they are hiring," she says.

Having graduated in psychology, Carolyn – who is from Leeds and attended Abbey Grange Academy in West Park – is now heading in a different direction. She returns to the University of Huddersfield for a year in order to acquire a Postgraduate Certificate in Education, with the goal of becoming a maths teacher.

But she retains the fascination for psychology that led her to study the subject at degree level and she praises her University of Huddersfield tutors, including Dr Daniel Boduszek, Senior Lecturer in Criminal Psychology, who supervised her final-year project, now to be published. "I am really grateful to Dan, who was an excellent tutor"

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Chanlo23 (6th October 2014), Reinhard (4th April 2015), Sierra (24th June 2015)

28. Link to Post #197
    Thanks

If a person has ever run a business that has a sales force, they quickly come to understand that one NEVER lets the sales people drive the direction and actions of the company. For down that path lies disaster. The unenlightened non-world encompassing, projected ego and view -- this is why you hired the salesman. Their drive, their hunger. This is also why they have to be watched and kept within strict limits, for their qualities are disastrous, in the final analysis, for the people they work with/for... and for the rest of the world.

Now, imagine a company, for example, like Goldman Sachs. One that is pure salesman, for the salesman. That is not only a recipe for disaster but is in actuality a pure and simple human disaster. Like attracts like, so they run in packs. Financial corporations, are definitely on that list.
    Last edited by Carmody; 14th September 2014 at 18:08.

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Chanlo23 (6th October 2014), donk (14th September 2014), Sierra (24th June 2015)

30. Link to Post #198
    Thanks

Someone asked me about (in an email) about some folks who had, in their awakening process, been mishandled by psychiatry. What I thought of the subject of this diagnosis via psychiatry. This is my quick reply:

Quote The nature of awakening involves forms of reaching the limits of cognition and mind itself. ie, a re-arrangement of self at the core levels, in almost any parameter one can imagine.

Of course psychiatry would be threatened by such a thing.

Psychiatry would drug, incarcerate, and label all Buddhist monks as clinically insane.

Psychiatry is a mechanism of a lower set of intelligence (creation of a lower set of self recognition and cognition/consideration), it would even see (due to this lower intelligence origin and cast/view) highly intelligent people ---- as clinically insane.

However, psychiatry is smart enough to be clever, which makes it very dangerous. Just like the similarly positioned IQ people in finance, politics, corporations, military, and other 'control' mechanisms, like secret societies. Smart enough to see the looming threat contained in raised intelligence that threatens their position. Smart enough to confound the rise in intelligence of the common people. Smart enough to see how it threatens their self created position.

But not smart enough, not quick enough, not mentally clear enough to grasp, to see that they are ultimately insane and in a bubble. They see the bubble of those lower on the intelligence pole than they are. They refuse, like that lower set, to see that they themselves are a bubble.... manipulating a sub-bubble.

https://brainsize.wordpress.com/2014...-intelligence/'

Psychiatry is even seen, by some folks, as a control mechanism to prevent the ideas and ideals proposed by higher intelligence, from ever reaching and elevating the intelligence of the average person. Like some sort of a block on people so they can't gain personal freedoms, and have no capacity to advance themselves.

The article I've shared here, illustrates that the common person, the 100IQ person, would never see it being enacted or even consider it's reality, 'in a million years'.

That a person with an IQ of 180-200, could walk circles around 100IQ people..at a speed of 250,000 to 1 million times faster, in 'getting it', whatever the given thing or mental consideration is.

Let's say I've got an IQ of 180, which, in my better moments of clarity and health, is a plausible number (in some creative areas). taking the study about the idea of 'speed of intelligence', lets say I get or understand a given thing in 'one week. Seven days.

A person with an IQ of 100 would take 4795 years to 'get it'.... a multiplier of 250,000 over that one week. (according to the shown chart from the article)

Essentially, that the 100 IQ person, would never 'get it'. Not going to happen, in general.

As for elevating one's intelligence (awakening, etc), it is subject to misunderstanding by the person, and misunderstanding by psychiatry. this, due to it having elements of severe depression and severe elevation/elation. The mind is literally coming apart and then reforming into new shapes, even as the idea of self and the 'I' are living inside of it.

Electrochemically, the mind is breaking down,and also forming, all at the same time, usually, sinusoidally, a little being broken away and a little being formed,and so on. moments of depressive self realization then moments of extremely elevating self realization. Which is physically taxing, due to the connectivity of body and mind. all forms of bodily perception are going to be skewed and shifted and misunderstood during this re-alignment or re-creation of self. Cyclic bouts of insanity and ultra-clarity are part of the growth pattern, an inescapable aspect of it's function. Realizing this is part of what mitigates the lows of depression and seeming insanity in self and overall perception of reality.

Self elevation becomes possible, when IQ's in general, increase to the point of about 120IQ or so, then the thing, with a bit of prodding, can 'take off' as it were and go to greater and greater intelligence and knowledge/knowing. Note that as people reach the IQ point of near that sort of "120') number, the emergent children of modern times, that they are all being drugged out and hit with massive levels of vaccines, all basically stunting their growth. (never mind the environmental wreckage)

Psychiatry is trying to control and tear down humanity's natural evolution, from what I can see. And that's the mundane answer, it is actually more complex than that. Psychiatry is a smaller bubble being controlled by a larger bubble of greater knowing, to do the bidding of the larger bubble of intelligence, to dumb down and control the masses. Psychiatry, in general, is too self-unaware to understand what it is doing. to understand that it is doing the bidding of something, that is, in my opinion, very dark and nefarious.

That humanity is being split into intelligence groupings along the lines of the well known book 'brave new world'. What is being done... is the potential in and of anyone born into a 100IQ atmosphere and culture... is being purposely curtailed down into a permanence of that 'level'.

that we seem to be evolving, on the grander global scale into worker class, control class (politics, police, military, etc), and upper management directive class.

so, in conclusion, it is not really about awakening (regarding these popular culture outward signs), but what is being done to damage the overall elevation situation that is happening in humanity. being done as a backlash, a 'damage control' via directed damage being done to the population, by that control class..in the name and by bidding of the the upper management mechanism. The upper management being probably 150iq and up, but possibly very sociopathic.

This is due to the sociopath being prominent in the control class, ie police, politics, finance and so on. The sociopath is prominent due to the way that the mind works, regarding emotions and emotional entanglement.

The first group above average intelligence that is not cognitively blocked or controlled by emotions, is the sociopath, or ones more devoid of emotional involvement. this lack of emotional involvement creates some forms of cognition and clarity so they can see around things that the average person does not, but not much beyond that.

This effect moves up to the next level, regarding it's 'infiltration'. that it saturates the control level of society... and also involves the upper management level.

That unrecognized sociopath tendencies is part of the control mechanism on humanity ..and also a large component that is leading to it's destruction via it's control by a more elevated 'other' class.

Again, in final analysis, that overall human awakening is being controlled by a control and management class of self appointed 'leaders', and so on. Ie, a tightly controlled and dark form of human or even 'other' parasitism and cannibalism as a blight in and of humanity, one that is twisting humanity very horribly.

That the Stalins and the Hitlers and the Churchills of the world,... are just the sign, the spoor of the control mechanism hiding in the backdrop.

So no, I don't give a rats ass about any form of announcement of psychiatry.... as... it may understand some aspects of brain chemistry....but beyond that basic point, it is as blank to the whole cohesive reality of human life as a hammer and nail is to understanding multidimensional physics. Psychiatry can be utterly meaningless and a near total home and life wrecker, as it deals with control of symptoms. It's suppositional projections into causal analysis can be and many times are horribly wrong. A wrongness that is powerfully directed, due to it's involvements in hidden mechanisms, like military, politics, industry, pharmaceuticals, and so on..
    Last edited by Carmody; 3rd April 2015 at 18:27.

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

araucaria (3rd April 2015), Flash (3rd April 2015), hohoemi (4th April 2015), JRS (4th April 2015), Muzz (3rd April 2015), PurpleLama (3rd April 2015), Reinhard (4th April 2015), Sierra (24th June 2015), Wind (3rd April 2015), Zampano (3rd April 2015)

32. Link to Post #199
    Thanks

you summed it up within one post. About every sentence you wrote is to be read and pondered on, because it has its own truth in itself, it stands by itself. Then, when contextualised in larger views, the whole target of all the control mecanism in place, could be brain scans, morgellons and chemtrails, vaccines, bad schools, TV programs, etc. makes sense. The complete control of the unaware masses, kept below an intelligence level that would allow them to see and evolve.

And yes, evolution means complete reorganisation of the brain and even the body.

Why this control? Because if the ordinary man evolve, at and IQ of 150 or more (which I believe those top sociopaths have, having had all the chances and tech to develop it), we would in fact be Superior to them, because of the empathy we carry, yet we would not be limited by our own emotional self impose control anymore. We would see through.

The most filled with fear ever are those control freaks - they have no emotions, but do fear to the point where they do not even know and cannot discern how much fear they carry within. I include here cabal, even Dracs if they exist.

My question therefore is how come my brother or other very bright people I know do not see through yet?

This whole situation is utterly sick, but utterly true.
    Last edited by Flash; 3rd April 2015 at 18:24.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

JRS (4th April 2015), Reinhard (4th April 2015)

34. Link to Post #200
    Thanks

The answer, tends to look something like this:

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    Quote Posted by ljwheat (here)
    I agree that time is a passage of moments, like a motion picture passing before a lens. That is the human condition we all are trapped in a bubble of NOW, every time one stops long enough to examine one frame or put anything on pause. its always now. People talk about ancients, no matter how fare back you go millions or billions or trillions or eons before concepts of time and movement one can not escape the eternal moment.

It's like trying to find the screen your seeing this screen on in your head. Where is seeing what your seeing seen? Is seeing just a thought? or just a perception of trillions of brain cells firing all in the same moment. So where is this sight your seeing in this moment. awareness you now say? Then one moment built on the next is just a construct of moments real or none real makes no difference, "What is always was" what was always will be, in the now.

Constructs with out end, its only were the lens of perception is focused is how this computer and our brain lay's it just in front of us to view. who is the watcher on this side of the looking glass. All ways ever present the part of us that's not part of this world but in it? this is why so many say time is an illusion. find the screen your seeing this screen on. then the illusion may take shape as just presumption.

Look at deep Space, where is time with out a reference point , like up - down - right or left. it will exist only if we look at it. thoughts only make it so..........

Time fly's when not looked at. Coma no passage of thought, so time stops for that individual, One can only remember back into child hood as fare as the concept of the passage of time is learned. at the moment when your parents said to you wait ! and your reaction to it was Cry. wait what is wait? all you knew was now, and your need is now. and all your thinking was about the now.
    Time in the mind, and ego in the mind, reflection in the mind, anticipation in emotions and thought formation in and of ego's circle of being ,bubble of being, envelope of being, etc... all occurred at almost the exact same moment..in our youth. That first moment of 'I', that first murmurings of the 'internal voice'.

(I still remember the exact moment it happened in my mind. The whole sequence and the days, the weather, where, how, all of it)

They are tied to one another, ego being the I, the internal voice, keeper of thought formation as tied to the record of time. Thus, it is the projector of, the formative point of future as creation, due to being the record of 'past events' for the given self.

ego, reflection, memory, history, projection....emotion and thought formation dictated by that set... all as one.

And this crap is in the driver's seat.... for the vast bulk of humanity.

I'm not a 'religious' person, but god help us all.

Being unrealized, that is what makes it dangerous, as it is confused as being the self.... when it is just the body's collective highest level biological function.
    The psychology of the situation dictates that the persons of the greater bubble than the masses have more levers to pull on, more attempts to make, more switches to flip, due to having a bigger envelope of being.

Within that envelope, all avenues will be exhausted, in the extreme, before they turn and face any form of change in the self.

The ego sees to that, in how it forms thoughts... as the finger points directly at the ego system of highest bodily function, and that ego system will protect itself from your interference, right up to the point of death of the body, protect itself in extreme ways. It only lets go at the point of dying.

It will contemplate the death of all things and all world and world representation, before it can even come close to the idea of threatening the self. The ego runs on emotional thought formation, and if no empathy exists in the given person..... then it's run on fear and desire.

In one area of thought, this is a biological creation, this human body thing. That it is NOT of natural origin, it is a worker breed gone wild..... and the normal system of incarnation is trying to convert itself back. Or that someone or some group is trying to make it that way.

Thus we get this twisted growth, this twisted insanity being blocked by the programming system that came before, that programming system for a biological worker system. The ego system. A hybrid mess, reverting back to where it should be, which is going to be painful and messy.

This is where the story gets into the whole dimensional soul inclusion/war thing which is probably for a different thread... Such a tack or direction, would take this thread's normal perception envelope in the philosophical ditch, regarding the bulk of people it is attempting to reach.
    Last edited by Carmody; 3rd April 2015 at 18:45.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Flash (3rd April 2015), Reinhard (4th April 2015), Sierra (24th June 2015)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 10 12 LastLast