+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brainscans and prisoners: Outing the sociopaths and the domino effect

1. Link to Post #21
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,263 times in 2,725 posts

Default Re: Brainscans and prisoners: Outing the sociopaths and the domino effect

Bubu, it is now possible to detect psychopaths through written tests and through brain scans. It is no more in psy ops, it is a public knowledge and happening.

I agree. But that doesn't make the sociopaths not in control. For as long as they are in control they will turn every single undertaking to their advantage. read my post please.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Carmody (15th December 2013), Eram (15th December 2013), Flash (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), seko (15th December 2013), ulli (15th December 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,315 times in 10,234 posts

Default Re: Brainscans and prisoners: Outing the sociopaths and the domino effect

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Bubu, it is now possible to detect psychopaths through written tests and through brain scans. It is no more in psy ops, it is a public knowledge and happening.

I agree. But that doesn't make the sociopaths not in control. For as long as they are in control they will turn every single undertaking to their advantage. read my post please.
    That is rather fatalistic of you. Perhaps you would prefer to give in, in all ways.

Remember, it is is consensus reality, where we form it and it's potential, through not just our actions, but our thoughts. Our consciousness, as projection... IS the reality.

We have a hard time changing things as it is not just us, but all others as well.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by sandy (here)
    IMHO after some history of working in male and female federal Canadian prisons one might want to implement the test for the staff members first and foremest before testing the prisoners..................
    Give it time. If it is started, that point would eventually come to pass.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Beren (15th December 2013), Bob (15th December 2013), Chanlo23 (2nd January 2014), Daphne (3rd January 2014), Eram (15th December 2013), Flash (15th December 2013), Gardener (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), ponda (15th December 2013), sandy (15th December 2013), Sierra (18th January 2014), ulli (15th December 2013), Wind (15th December 2013)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)

Yes, I misread you. Fallon, the researcher who has not only the brain scan but the genes of psychopathy should not be put in controlling situation, he should never be given a job that leads to managing others or managing money and anything that can lead to power, stealing, hurting, because precisely he does not care. imo

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Carmody (15th December 2013), Chanlo23 (2nd January 2014), Eram (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), ponda (15th December 2013), Sierra (18th January 2014), ulli (15th December 2013)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,204 times in 4,590 posts

It's my thoughts exactly that so called 'criminals' need to be healed not punished .

No pain has succeeded to make anyone better being . The imprisonment -punishment system is equally bad for society who maintain such systems and ideas,
    it's morally and say, scientifically , very outdated system of getting rid of the trouble .

Many of those who commit crimes, from little thieves to mass murderers are people who suffered harsh treatment and abuse since childhood . Many grew up as homeless kids on streets who never experienced family, love and care .

I know it isn't the rule but prisons seem to be full of such individuals just because human society does not offer them many options. Sure, there are strong minded individuals who are able to get out of such 'wicked circle' but not everyone is .

From my point of view .. they are ill people needing better treatment .

I don't think that expensive brain scans are always needed, similarly as in medicine , good doctor should be able to discern and suggest a way to help each individual in way appropriate to him/her.

It's never going to function perfectly and without errors and I know what would be the answer of most governments ( with exception of Norway perhaps who are trying to implement an idea of 'humane prisons' ) ,
    and ordinary people, so called tax-payers .. why should we pay for proper treatment of criminals , we don't have money for orderly citizens , we don't have money for health care, education and all they have no money for .

But I'm telling you ..if they don't have money for medical care and education ..they are growing unhealthy, ignorant society.

If they do not treat those who are ill and merely solve the problem by terminating their lives , physically or mentally, they're responsible for the state of illness we all have to endure, on each others behalf.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

Carmody (15th December 2013), Eram (15th December 2013), Flash (15th December 2013), GreenGuy (21st January 2014), Inaiá (18th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), Milneman (25th January 2014), mosquito (15th December 2013), PurpleLama (15th December 2013), Sierra (18th January 2014), Wind (15th December 2013)

9. Link to Post #25
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,263 times in 2,725 posts

"Remember, it is is consensus reality, where we form it and it's potential, through not just our actions, but our thoughts. Our consciousness, as projection... IS the reality."

Perhaps our consensus should be directed first as to who should have the controls. For if we implement it right now, is it obvious that the controllers will be the ones who will benefit.

And now that the idea is out I would not be surprise if conditioning follows then the conditioned sheeple will drum up and actually push and help for it's implementation. It's a pattern that happens many time in history just look around.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Carmody (15th December 2013), Eram (15th December 2013), Flash (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

It is expected, according to a doctor recently interviewed on Coast to Coast Am, that 1/3rd of up and coming children, will be at the genius plus level. IQ in the 150+ range.

However, many will be autistic, and thus, many will be sociopaths. I've met more than a few of them already....

The next war or the war we are already in, but have yet to recognize, in the public sense, is one of genetics..and technology.

We have to be starting the process of dealing with that now, for, as stated, we are in that battle already, even if we don't realize it.

It's about being aware and proactive, instead of asleep and reactionary.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Eram (15th December 2013), Flash (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), ponda (15th December 2013), sandy (15th December 2013), seko (15th December 2013), Sierra (18th January 2014)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Carmody (here)
    It is expected, according to a doctor recently interviewed on Coast to Coast Am, that 1/3rd of up and coming children, will be at the genius plus level. IQ in the 150+ range.

However, many will be autistic, and thus, many will be sociopaths. I've met more than a few of them already....

The next war or the war we are already in, but have yet to recognize, in the public sense, is one of genetics..and technology.

We have to be starting the process of dealing with that now, for, as stated, we are in that battle already, even if we don't realize it.

Do you know the name of the doctor Carmody, or the time of the program, I would very much like to listen to it. Very much indeed.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Carmody (15th December 2013), Eram (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), sandy (15th December 2013), Sierra (18th January 2014)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,397 times in 1,674 posts

I like the idea, in theory.

But being that we are inhabiting one giant prison planet, in practice this concept looks more like shades of Gattica to me.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to T Smith For This Post:

Carmody (15th December 2013), Eram (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), mosquito (15th December 2013), Sierra (18th January 2014)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Quote Posted by T Smith (here)
    I like the idea, in theory.

But being that we are inhabiting one giant prison planet, in practice this concept looks more like shades of Gattica to me.
    It does to me too.

However, we are running out of options. Time to use what is at hand and effective. something that is real, and measurable, and easy to reproduce in a graph, on paper, so that even a dog can recognize the shapes and nod correctly.

A gauntlet for us is also a gauntlet for them, in this case. It would become a cascade in exposure. A domino effect. Unstoppable as a freight train.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Eram (15th December 2013), Flash (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), Sierra (18th January 2014), T Smith (15th December 2013)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

some interesting and revealing stuff at this link.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_does_a...agnosed#slide1

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Flash (here)

Do you know the name of the doctor Carmody, or the time of the program, I would very much like to listen to it. Very much indeed.
    I read it second hand, on another forum, so I've no idea.

All I know, is that we are ready to be totally overrun by intelligent sociopaths (If you thought it was bad now!!!), and we need to get a handle on this NOW.
    Last edited by Carmody; 15th December 2013 at 03:32.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Antagenet (4th April 2014), Bob (15th December 2013), Eram (15th December 2013), Flash (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), Milneman (25th January 2014), Sierra (18th January 2014)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

An idea I agree with in principle, but to me it falls down on 2 points, currently...

1 - I'm not convinced that a sociopath or psychopath can be determined from either a written test or a brain scan. Given medical science's poor understanding of consciousness and the psyche, I wouldn't like to rely on their ever-changing opinions and their interpretation of a scan. It may well be that written tests are in use, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are accurate.
    2 - Who decides the criteria for determining who's a psycopath ? The same people who believe that 90% of our DNA is junk; the same people who write the DSM manual and create new categories of mental illness to suit the drug companies.

But yes, I believe that we should be doing our best to heal offenders, where possible. But surely the first step should be healing our society as a whole, creating a new paradigm society where criminal behaviour is less likely to occur. "Rehabilitating" someone to be a mindless robot in a corrupt system isn't the answer.

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

Atlas (22nd January 2014), Carmody (15th December 2013), Eram (15th December 2013), Hazel (30th January 2014), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), Shannon (15th September 2016), T Smith (15th December 2013)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Grains of sand, mariposafe. It's about getting it done.

Pie in the sky methods aren't going to get it done.

There are places where rubber and road meet, and things can be done.

This is one of them.

All the things that can be done will finally get to the place you speak of. It's a meandering path and the one that moves things forward, under the duress that is happening in the moment, is the one to move to.

Otherwise we are left with seven billion people arguing personal semantics on what is right and what is not.

I think it is far from perfect.

However, it serves function, at this point in time.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Eram (15th December 2013), Inaiá (18th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), mosquito (15th December 2013)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by mariposafe (here)
    An idea I agree with in principle, but to me it falls down on 2 points, currently...

1 - I'm not convinced that a sociopath or psychopath can be determined from either a written test or a brain scan. Given medical science's poor understanding of consciousness and the psyche, I wouldn't like to rely on their ever-changing opinions and their interpretation of a scan. It may well be that written tests are in use, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are accurate.
    2 - Who decides the criteria for determining who's a psycopath ? The same people who believe that 90% of our DNA is junk; the same people who write the DSM manual and create new categories of mental illness to suit the drug companies.

But yes, I believe that we should be doing our best to heal offenders, where possible. But surely the first step should be healing our society as a whole, creating a new paradigm society where criminal behaviour is less likely to occur. "Rehabilitating" someone to be a mindless robot in a corrupt system isn't the answer.
    come on Mariposafe, they studied the serial killers, it was proven they had done something different. Then took their gene sequence and compared. This is about ABC of science actually. Same thing for written tests.

Before Healing offenders, we have to be able to detect them and know what they have in order to heal when possible.

And here, Carmody is talking about the corrupt system, mostly corrupted by psychopaths to start with.

Your paradigm seems to be which comes first, the hen and the egg, and until we know, do nothing to stop them, cure after they did their things. But they actually are almost never caught if they do not kill diretly and most don't. Going in a circle. Don't the criminals running this world like your approach and doubts, in the meantime they do what they want.

NO GUILT, NO EMPATHY, NO CONSCIENCE TOWARDS OTHERS. I think you have to have seen it to understand the impact and yet, most won't believe what they have right in front of their face.

Carmody, I think this is a lost cause and therefore a lost planet, a lost humanity. Even here we have to convince people when the evidence is literally all around us. And I know, it took me up to my forties and true misery caused by a psychopath to finally admit that some people have no guilt, no empathy, no conscience. Once you admit it, your whole paradigm about society changes. Then action is possible. But the sheeple who are generally relatively good cannot admit this. They will die not knowing what happened, just to hold to a belief.
    Last edited by Flash; 15th December 2013 at 03:34.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Antagenet (4th April 2014), Blake Elder (27th January 2014), Bob (15th December 2013), Carmody (15th December 2013), Eram (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,739 times in 1,371 posts

I think you misunderstand me !

I'm not questioning Carmody's thesis, I'm very well aware of the existence of people with no conscience and no empathy, I'm merely questioning whether the tests are reliable.

Prisoner X - convicted of stealing a packet of biscuits. Prisoner Y - convicted of mass murder. Which one is more likely to be the psycopath ?

Carmody -
    Quote All the things that can be done will finally get to the place you speak of. It's a meandering path and the one that moves things forward, under the duress that is happening in the moment, is the one to move to.
    Agreed.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosquito For This Post:

Carmody (15th December 2013), Eram (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), T Smith (15th December 2013), Vitalux (15th December 2013)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Ok, good.

To answer, it is a bunch of prisoner Y that were studied, compared with a bunch of no prisoners at all, regular folks.

I have been following these development over the years, believe me, the written test is quite good, when correlated with the scan and correlated with the genes, all the three of them, it becomes about not contestable, very strong correlations.

At the present those tests are good to detect, but not to cure. More advancement is needed for cures or for prevention from early childhood.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bob (15th December 2013), Carmody (15th December 2013), Eram (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), mosquito (15th December 2013)

31. Link to Post #36
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Just had a thought.

To brain-scan every entry, and then place them in designated areas, according to their wiring type. To separate the true sociopath, from the rest of the prison population.

Why stop at just the jail inmates. Lets do the correctional workers too, the administration staff too

Then, lets make this a part of mandatory testing (just like drug testing for employees of industry, commerce and the civil service.) for everyone else in society so they can be meat charted from their brain patterns.

My point is not meant to sound sarcastic but merely to point out that it is opening a whole can or worms.

After all, what can be better than a criminal record check ...but to identify a sociopath not based on his direct behavior, but rather a pretty picture of an abstraction we call a brain.

Last edited by Vitalux; 15th December 2013 at 04:29.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Atlas (22nd January 2014), Carmody (15th December 2013), DNA (23rd January 2014), Eram (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

It is can of worms, yes.

Do you have a better idea?

One that is effective, one that is real, one that is effective and one that people can see, and put their hands on?

This is about the general public, the median of intelligence, the median of life and humans, how they think and feel... not about esoteric lore or obscure forums and people on them arguing among themselves.

Pretty pictures on the 6 o'clock news, that runs through the sociopath mindset and way of being, like an unstoppable juggernaut.

That is what this is about. No matter how this gets done, in what way it gets done, it will be ugly. It will never be clean.

Everyone is afraid to make a cut, to make a choice.

This is a choice that creates it's own wind, like a wildfire started with a match, that no matter how it burns, what it fields it enters, it hits the target, regardless and relentlessly. Eventually, it seeks all of the combustibles, no matter how and where it hides.

If you want it to end, stop talking about it and start making choices and motions. There is no way around that point.

Oh yes. two people who have dealt with prisons, in Canada, no less (your location), both recommended that the staff at the prisons also be checked out, possibly even first, before the prisoners.

My experience/knowledge in those matters is much the same.
    Last edited by Carmody; 15th December 2013 at 05:12.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

araucaria (15th December 2013), Eram (15th December 2013), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014)

35. Link to Post #38
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

It is can of worms, yes.

Do you have a better idea?

One that is effective, one that is real, one that is effective and one that people can see, and put their hands on?
    If you are looking for honest debate and to view a given problem from various perspectives I would be happy to share some dialogue with you.

First are you familiar with the UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS ?

if you have never read this document about human rights you first might wish to take some time to really read it and understand it.
    They are everyone's human rights.

The problem is classifying criminals by brain scans is I believe against many articles of human rights.

So that is your first hurdle.

I tend to favor that every single human being can have the quality of being a sociopath at various points in their life depending on the nature of the situation.
    Do we brain scan all soldiers that kill the enemy in war because they have been taught a depraved indifference to life so they can kill the enemy.

I tend to avoid the "Us vs Them" attitude.
    We are all one.

Another way we can view the is, which of the insane inmates of an insane asylum shall we put in charge.
    From my perspective, you, I, and everyone else on the planet is already insane.
    Our delusions of grander and narcissism convince us otherwise.

The first stage I tend to favor to try and render a fix to a given problem is Love.

the next step, is recognize human rights and everyone is equal.

The suggestion of segregation by brain scan and classification of those who have been deemed to be of a criminal element, is not just inhumane, but takes us back quite a few steps.
    The process would not only be flawed but would have ample opportunity to be manipulated by those in a position of authority to effectively destroy the life of the innocent.

Diagnoses of anything is subjective.

Are you following me
    Last edited by Vitalux; 15th December 2013 at 05:48.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Atlas (22nd January 2014), Carmody (15th December 2013), DNA (23rd January 2014), Eram (15th December 2013), Hazel (30th January 2014), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), mosquito (15th December 2013), Shannon (15th September 2016)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

-I am absolutely following you.

-I don't think that formula will work.

-but it might, if certain aspects of the equation had a fire lit under their ass. Something that was a real inescapable, unstoppable juggernaut.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), Milneman (25th January 2014)

39. Link to Post #40
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

-I am absolutely following you.

-I don't think that formula will work.

-but it might, if certain aspects of the equation had a fire lit under their ass. Something that was a real inescapable, unstoppable juggernaut.
    Lets apply the same situation than to yourself.

Say you are driving down the road in your car and a child darts out between two cars and you run over and kill the child.

Next, assume those witnesses (the child's family) at the scene report that you were driving way to fast and that you intentionally ran over the child.

Next assume when they locked your sorry ass in a jail cell, they pulled out a x-ray machine, perhaps injected some radioactive dye into your skull and pronounced that you are a sociopath and included that information at your trail to help convict you.

Do you think you might have a problem now with your thesis statement?
    Last edited by Vitalux; 15th December 2013 at 06:04.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Atlas (22nd January 2014), Eram (15th December 2013), Hazel (30th January 2014), Mad Hatter (19th January 2014), Shannon (15th September 2016), Shezbeth (15th December 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 12 LastLast