Thread: They shoot horses, don't they..

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Angry They shoot horses, don't they..

(sigh)

16 Dec 2013

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.—Companies in New Mexico and Missouri could begin slaughtering horses within a few weeks after a federal appeals court removed a temporary ban that was preventing domestic horse slaughter from resuming for the first time since 2007.

"The 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver lifted an emergency injunction late last week that it had issued in November after animal protection groups appealed the ruling of a federal judge in Albuquerque.

"The judge said the U.S. Department of Agriculture followed proper procedure in issuing permits to Valley Meat Co. in Roswell, N.M., Rains Natural Meats of Gallatin, Mo., and Responsible Transportation in Sigourney, Iowa.

The appeals court’s order said the groups “failed to meet their burden for an injunction pending appeal.”

"Blair Dunn, an attorney for Valley Meat and Rains Natural Meats, said the order lifts the emergency status of the case, meaning it will likely be months before a final decision is issued.

"Dunn said the plants are ready to open, although they could agree to remain shuttered if the plaintiffs agree to post a sufficient bond to cover the companies’ losses should they ultimately prevail.

They are getting ready to go as quickly as they can. It shouldn’t take too long. Not more than two weeks,” he said.

"Valley Meat and Responsible Transportation were set to begin horse slaughter operations in August, but U.S. District Judge Christina Armijo blocked their plans while she heard the lawsuit by The Humane Society, Front Range Equine Rescue and others.

"The groups claimed the plants should have been forced to undergo environmental reviews under provisions of the National Environmental Policy Act.

"Responsible Transportation abandoned its horse slaughter plans and converted its plant to cattle before Armijo dismissed the lawsuit in November.

"Attorneys for the plants have argued that the plaintiffs are simply in court because they are morally opposed to horse slaughter and are looking for a way to delay the plants while they lobby Congress for a ban.

"Proponents of a return to domestic horse slaughter point to a 2011 report from the federal Government Accountability Office that shows horse abuse and abandonment have increased since domestic horse slaughter was banned.

"They say it is better to slaughter the animals in humane, federally regulated facilities than have them abandoned to starve across the drought-stricken West or shipped to inhumane facilities in Mexico."

Wayne Pacelle, president and CEO of The Humane Society of the United States, calls the practice barbaric and has said blocking a return to domestic horse slaughter “is an issue of national importance and scale.”

http://www.peta.org/blog/support-bil...er-amp-export/

(Roswell again) - Valley Meat Co. in Roswell, N.M.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,659 times in 8,694 posts

Default Re: They shoot horses, don't they..

is this about horse euthanasia or about preparing horse meat for consumption?

I hate it when charged words like "slaughter" are used... I normally connect "slaughter" with the food cycle of cattle & the article seems to imply that we export horse meat?
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Nasu (18th December 2013)

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,074 times in 8,172 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)

I hate it when charged words like "slaughter" are used... I normally connect "slaughter" with the food cycle of cattle & the article seems to imply that we export horse meat?
    If the media discussion in Britain ( and europe, for all I know ) is anything to go by, I think they ARE prepping us for human consumption of horse meat.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Chanlo23 (17th December 2013), Nasu (18th December 2013), spiritwind (17th December 2013), TargeT (16th December 2013)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)
    If the media discussion in Britain ( and europe, for all I know ) is anything to go by, I think they ARE prepping us for human consumption of horse meat.
    I wonder why.. cattle are much easier to manage than horses, and they have a lot more meat too.

I run a horse rescue with my wife, we just got a horse that came off a race track, he's a 16.5 hands high thorough bred, one of the tallest horses I've seen & probably only weighs 1,200 lbs; cattle exceed that number quite regularly (weight wise, granted, draft horses grow much larger). Plus, horses are pretty smart (especially compared to cattle), I bet a slaughter house would put a lot more fear into them and make them harder to manage.

I can see the need for horse euthanasia, where I live there are a lot of horses percapita and they aren't treated very well, the horses we can't rescue often end up at the dept of agriculture and are usually euthanize for lack of a good home. The horses that end up there are usually running free in streets, skinny, covered in ticks and have rope burns or other issues/injuries.
    Last edited by TargeT; 16th December 2013 at 19:33.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bob (17th December 2013), Chanlo23 (17th December 2013), Milneman (16th December 2013), Nasu (18th December 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,074 times in 8,172 posts

There's a lot of old horses. It's a new 'freebee' source of profit that's just waiting for the masses to accept.

Dog 'ownership' is dropping drastically since the new laws and expenses of owning dogs. Dog meat isn't the business it used to be.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

9. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Post:

Nasu (18th December 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

What I see here is an example of the disconnect that people in the modern world live with.

Horses get old or injured, so do dogs, so do cats, we euthanize cats and dogs when they are old... why not horses?

Ever heard of laminitis? its a condition that horses can get when they have improper nutrition, basically the hoof walls thin out and usually abscess causing the horse so much pain that they would rather lay down and not move/eat for long periods of time (which leads to colic, a gastrointestinal issue which is fatal) or they die from starvation.

One of our rescues has laminits, we had to drain an abscess on her foot and she spent a couple of days laying down for periods then standing up and eating, this morning she was on her feet and walking around with out a limp so she probably will pull through (her owner had her near a bunch of mango trees, high sugar diets cause laminitis & this horse came to us so fat it was clear she was eating mangoes as a large part of her diet... hell, her NAME is Mango... haha).

Anyway, the point of all that is this: if she didn't get better I wouldn't wait a week for her to colic and die, we would have her euthinized.

so banning horse slaughter? I don't see a good logical thought process there, from what I read we just ship our horses to canada or mexico to be slaughtered instead... so what's the real outcome? horses suffer longer?

anyone who wants to see some of our rescues (we have 9 now and we just started, looking for more space to house more; but living on an island sort of limits space) you can see the (*gasp*) facebook ( i know... i know...) page my wife made for them here:

https://www.facebook.com/cruzancowgirlshorserescue

these island horses are pretty unique, mostly small, barely above "pony" status; even though it's caused me to live pretty much broke all the time, it's a fun, rewarding hobby.
    Where are you?

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Gardener (17th December 2013), GreenGuy (17th December 2013), Nasu (18th December 2013), spiritwind (17th December 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by norman (here)

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/241/9...rses-for-meat/
    (Petition above - stop-valley-meat-company-from-slaughtering-horses-for-meat)

13. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Some thoughts from readers hearing about the Slaughter-House being granted permission to move out of Beef and into Horse slaughter (and butchering)..

Valley Meat Company
    575-622-1214
    3845 Cedarvale Rd Roswell, NM 88203
    About Valley Meat Company LLC:

USDA Beef Wholesaler, Custom Slaughter Available

A quote from a person who took a look at their policy and statements to start up operations again, and instead of Beef, get into Horse-meat sales.

"Let me begin by saying I am also a horseman.

"As far as your statement about our hypocrisy, horses were never bred to be consumed they are companion animals just like cats and dogs.

"As you know they are not consumed here or any other English speaking country (primary language) for that very reason.

"So using your logic we should open up slaughter houses for cats and dogs to be shipped overseas.

"I also wonder why you failed to mention that this very company (Valley Meats) was closed down because of inhumane treatment to the animals.

"So what gives anyone a comfort level that these “Noble, Beautiful and Amazing creatures” will be treated with respect and put to a quick and painless death?

"Your statement is spoken like a true company man, I am sure you will profit with Valley Meats, Rains Natural Meats and Chevaline LLC.

"Wonder with all the social media out there how NM will fair with their tourism as the word get out.

"(I know you can give advertise a tour of the plant for families and explain the correct way to kill a horse).

"If you are thinking “so what don’t come here” you should look at what kind of revenue is brought into you state by tourists each year."

--------------------------------------------------

"These monsters want to round up and slaughter the American Mustang (healthy wild horse).

"They are willing to sell their souls to the highest bidder and strong arm the USDA into granting a license to operate.

"This is your (US) government!

"We the people have voted against horse slaughter and the exportation of horse meat, but that doesn't stop them.

"Not to mention that horses are continuously being transported over the border North and South to be slaughtered.

--------------------------------
    Category - Horse abuse
    ref: http://www.horsesforlife.org/1/categ...20abuse/2.html

Valley Meat Co. sued the USDA, accusing it of intentionally delaying the process because the Obama Administration opposes horse slaughter.

Valley Meat Co. wants to ship horse meat to countries where people cook with it or feed it to animals.

(Prion disease comes from mixing in animal body tissue (brain usually, considered "waste scraps") into feed for other animals. The bio-cycle exacerbates the transfer of impossible to treat prions. Prions produce brain wasting "holes" in humans who consume the meat. I assume these companies don't care what foreigners they make sick as it's all about the buck no doubt. This is precisely what Valley Meat has said it will be doing, selling the horsemeat and byproducts (the brain tissue, skull) to "foreign countries". )

Proponents of a return to domestic horse slaughter point to a 2011 report from the federal Government Accountability Office that shows horse abuse and abandonment have been increasing since slaughter was banned in 2006. They say it is better to slaughter the animals in humane, federally regulated facilities than have them abandoned to starve across the drought-stricken West or shipped to inhumane facilities in Mexico.

The number of U.S. horses sent to other countries for slaughter has nearly tripled since 2006, the report says.

And many humane groups agree that some of the worst abuse occurs in the slaughter pipeline.

Many are pushing for a both a ban on domestic slaughter as well as a ban on shipping horses to Mexico and Canada.

Quote Horse slaughter is inherently cruel and often erroneously compared to humane euthanasia.

The methods used to slaughter horses do not always result in quick, painless deaths, as horses are difficult to stun and may remain conscious during their butchering and dismemberment.

Whether slaughter occurs in the U.S. or abroad, these equines typically suffer abuse even before they arrive at the slaughterhouse, often transported for more than 24 hours at a time without food, water or rest, and in dangerously overcrowded trailers where the animals may be seriously injured or even killed in transit.

The majority of horses killed for human consumption are young, healthy animals who could go on to lead productive lives with loving owners.

Last year, more than 160,000 American horses were sent to a cruel death by a grisly foreign industry that produces unsafe food for consumers.

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

yeah... I don't get cutting up horses for meat when they are healthy, it's not a part of our culture & most people would see it as appalling, similar to cats or dogs.
    Where are you?

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Bob (17th December 2013), Chanlo23 (17th December 2013), Nasu (18th December 2013), spiritwind (17th December 2013)

16. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

New Mexico Governor opposes the slaughter and butchering planned by Valley Meats

"“New Mexicans reject the idea of a horse slaughter plant in our state,” said Lisa Jennings, executive director of Animal Protection of New Mexico. “Horses are a valuable part of our heritage, and we have worked hard to develop a robust
    safety net for them, not condemn them to slaughter.”

“Despite the federal government’s decision to legalize horse slaughter for human consumption, I believe creating a horse slaughtering industry in New Mexico is wrong and I am strongly opposed,” said New Mexico Governor Susana Martinez.

“Like the overwhelming majority of Americans across the country, New Mexicans opposed the slaughter of horses for human consumption.

"Not only is there not a domestic demand for horsemeat, the act of slaughter itself is considered inhumane by experts, given that a horse’s biology makes them difficult to stun, leaving them conscious during the slaughter process.” That is cruel and inhumane treatment of the young healthy horses.

“As a veterinarian, natural resource manager, and someone who has had the great good fortune to grow up with and around horses, I am very concerned about their health and safety. If a horse is hurt, terminally ill, or has no chance to find a loving home, then humane euthanasia is an important option,” said New Mexico State Land Commissioner Ray Powell, D.V.M. “I am told the USDA is considering the proposal to open a horse slaughtering facility in our state.

"Since we do not have enough unwanted horses in New Mexico to make this economically viable, it means that horses would be trucked in from across the nation.

"We do not have the safeguards and oversight in place to ensure their humane handling, transport, and euthanasia. New Mexico can do much better by these intelligent and gentle creatures, and I strongly oppose this ill-conceived proposal.”

The decision to allow facilities to slaughter horses adds further to the burden on U.S. taxpayers at a time when spending cuts associated with the sequester could curtail food safety inspections for U.S. meat products.

Additionally, with the opening of a horse slaughter plant in the U.S., it will be more difficult to prevent the kind of comingling between horse meat and beef products that has occurred in Europe.

HORSEMEAT rampant in EUROPE (mixed in with Beef) - http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...public-secrecy From the Guardian UK NEWS

Horsemeat scandal: where did the 29% horse in your Tesco burger come from? Guardian investigation uncovers complex international supply chain including drug and horse smuggling

Watch the video - is this where your Tesco Burger came from:
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/v...ame-from-video

Stats - in EU, More than 60,000 tonnes of horsemeat was traded by European countries in 2012. This data, from the Eurostat internal trade database shows exports of Equidae over the year - that is, 'horse-like' animals, such as horses, donkeys, mules and asses. Horsemeat includes the whole lot.. (yum fricassee of donkey ass, tastes like chicken right?)

Money being the motivation, though not human euthanasia of sick animals, and the practice of adulteration (mixing of said "horsemeat" with beef products) can violate safety laws. Putting down a sick animal, then selling it's meat for food is unconscionable.. Diseased food consumption has lead to nasty diseases.

PRION DISEASE: (coming from eating meat, especially brain tissue from sick animals)
    Prion diseases or transmissible spongiform encephalopathies (TSEs) are a family of rare progressive neurodegenerative disorders that affect both humans and animals. They are distinguished by long incubation periods, characteristic spongiform changes associated with neuronal loss, and a failure to induce inflammatory response.

The causative agents of TSEs are believed to be prions. The term "prions" refers to abnormal, pathogenic agents that are transmissible and are able to induce abnormal folding of specific normal cellular proteins called prion proteins that are found most abundantly in the brain

In humans this is called, CJD (Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, Classic)

About CJD

Classic CJD is a human prion disease. It is a neurodegenerative disorder with characteristic clinical and diagnostic features. This disease is rapidly progressive and always fatal. Infection with this disease leads to death usually within 1 year of onset of illness.

The key points of the articles have said, because there is no safety inspection (and the likelihood that there will be is nil according to the New Mexico State Governor) that has been established as there has been in the Beef Industry over the years, eating a sick horse (donkey, mule and asses), one is playing Russian roulette. It is insane from a health standpoint.

Since these "horsemeat" companies will be shipping out-of-the-US to foreign country's - their consumers will be at risk. That seems like a pretty black and white statement, nothing to do with sentiments, just a plain fact, tainted unhealthy product may enter the food chain without oversight.

Existing plant in Juarez Mexico - there horses do not get the "bolt shot to the head" as do cows, they are repeatedly stabbed to sever the spine so they don't fight, while they are butchered alive. Crule and inhumane, period. http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/ne...permit-blocked

Last edited by Bob; 17th December 2013 at 03:13.

17. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

yeah... I don't get cutting up horses for meat when they are healthy, it's not a part of our culture & most people would see it as appalling, similar to cats or dogs.
    The problem also is that there is no inspection process in place to allow for the analysis of a sick horse's disease at the feedlot or slaughterhouse (butchery). If euthanized because of sick or unhealthy, does the horse have a prion disease for instance? Mad cow disease (is a prion disease), and in Canada when it was discovered, the US BANNED all beef from Canada because of it. Without proper inspection of "horsemeat" from sick animals, the potential for such entering the food chain is great.

That if anything is the most important issue in consuming any animal product - lack of health inspections.. no "USDA inspected" safety during the process..

If it means anything, the slaughterhouses and processing plants recently have been cited for massive health violations, and e-coli and salmonella (the worst kinds) have been entering the meat products industry for the last 4 years. An industry without health inspections is an opening for severe disaster.. Prion disease is about as bad as it gets for brain wasting diseases..

US beef ban from Canada - http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/21/wo...-its-beef.html

"The cow, from an unidentified ranch in Alberta, was to be slaughtered in January when a provincial veterinarian noticed that the animal was unusually thin. Suspecting pneumonia, he took its head for routine testing and sent its remains to a rendering plant. The rendering process yields beef protein that is sometimes used in pet food, but the destination of the material from this cow is unknown.

"Veterinary personnel did not suspect mad cow disease, so the head was tested only Friday in a provincial laboratory. When the test came up positive, tissues went to a federal laboratory and samples were sent to Britain over the weekend."

So this means that LABORATORY TESTING is needed to guarantee that Prion disease or other nasty diseases are not present in slaughtered animals.. the likelihood that any butcher shop slaughter house is going to take the time, effort and $$$ money to ensure food safety is virtually zero.

Eat up me harties.. argggghh
    Last edited by Bob; 17th December 2013 at 02:25.

18. Link to Post #12
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Very good TargeT with the horse rescue

Quote anyone who wants to see some of our rescues (we have 9 now and we just started, looking for more space to house more; but living on an island sort of limits space) you can see the (*gasp*) facebook ( i know... i know...) page my wife made for them here:

https://www.facebook.com/cruzancowgirlshorserescue

these island horses are pretty unique, mostly small, barely above "pony" status; even though it's caused me to live pretty much broke all the time, it's a fun, rewarding hobby.
    I would do the rescue in a heartbeat too.

19. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Abhaya's Avatar
    Traveling year round mostly US. And Costa Rica:)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 times in 416 posts

Always amazed how we choose to label some animals as special. After living on a farm in Costa Rica with both cows and horses. I have to say the cow is just as smart if not smarter then your average horse. We decide that they are "companion" animals because they are convenient for us to prance around on. I have experience bonding with horses and cows and both when raised in a loving way share affection and appreciate a scratch behind the ear just the same. All this is an example of people seeing the shell of the entity and not the consciousness within. Speciesism is the next hurdle for our kind. It sounds as crazy as gay rights did 50 years ago. But this is IMO the biggest leap in seeing real equality that we can take. And we won't be any sort of respectable higher thinking beings until we do. Do u personally feel appalled at the thought of eating a horse, or a dog or a cat for that matter? If u do consider a baby calf is just as playful as ur new kitten. It is a hypocrisy to be ok with one species being bred for slaughter and not a nother. Especially another with equal level of awareness. This might be going to far but this is the same mentality that allowed hitler to set up the camps. When we allow our selves to label certain entities as less then others based on really nothing less then their convienence to us when alive vs dead then this is a nazi mentality. Think about it. Go veggie and separate your self from this garbage.
    Last edited by Abhaya; 17th December 2013 at 01:59.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Abhaya For This Post:

Akasha (17th December 2013), Bob (17th December 2013), Chanlo23 (17th December 2013), RMorgan (17th December 2013), skyflower (18th December 2013)

21. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Abhaya (here)
    [...]

Think about it. Go veggie and separate your self from this garbage.
    Eating meat these days of any kind, cow, horse, dog... and one runs the risk of prion disease. If the meat is inspected, chances are, an inspector will catch the problem in the animal, and prevent it from entering the food chain.

But to boost the feed for animals sent to butchery slaughterhouses, (besides feeding the animals concrete, waste news papers to increase the weigh on the hoof.. - this is a fact as has been observed by people who have been on feedlots and have documented such treatments), ground up animals are re-fed to the animals.. The cycle perpetuates, so the disease sets in.

From CDC (Centers for Disease Control) - they talk about how United Kingdom had an outbreak of the prion disease..

Research indicates that the first probable infections of BSE in cows occurred during the 1970's with two cases of BSE being identified in 1986. BSE most likely originated as a result of feeding cattle meat-and-bone meal that contained BSE-infected products from a spontaneously occurring case of BSE or scrapie-infected sheep products.

Scrapie is a prion disease of sheep. There is strong evidence and general agreement that the outbreak was then amplified and spread throughout the United Kingdom cattle industry by feeding rendered, prion-infected, bovine meat-and-bone meal to young calves.

The BSE epizootic in the United Kingdom peaked in January 1993 at almost 1,000 new cases per week. Over the next 17 years, the annual numbers of BSE cases has dropped sharply; 14,562 cases in 1995, 1,443 in 2000, 225 in 2005 and 11 cases in 2010. Cumulatively, through the end of 2010, more than 184,500 cases of BSE had been confirmed in the United Kingdom alone in more than 35,000 herds.

There exists strong epidemiologic and laboratory evidence for a causal association between a new human prion disease called variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (vCJD) that was first reported from the United Kingdom in 1996 and the BSE outbreak in cattle. The interval between the most likely period for the initial extended exposure of the population to potentially BSE-contaminated food (1984-1986) and the onset of initial variant CJD cases (1994-1996) is consistent with known incubation periods for the human forms of prion disease.

22. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Abhaya's Avatar
    Traveling year round mostly US. And Costa Rica:)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,517 times in 416 posts

Sick ..........

Quote besides feeding the animals concrete, waste news papers to increase the weigh on the hoof.. - this is a fact as has been observed by people who have been on feedlots and have documented such treatments), ground up animals are re-fed to the animals.. The cycle perpetuates, so the disease sets in.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abhaya For This Post:

Akasha (17th December 2013), Bob (17th December 2013), RMorgan (17th December 2013)

24. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Sick ..........

Quote besides feeding the animals concrete, waste news papers to increase the weigh on the hoof.. - this is a fact as has been observed by people who have been on feedlots and have documented such treatments), ground up animals are re-fed to the animals.. The cycle perpetuates, so the disease sets in.
    Totally sick - is it much different than CHINA feeding animals PLASTICS (MELAMINE) and putting plastics (MELAMINE) in baby milk formula ?

China found putting Melamine toxic plastic substance in baby milk - http://topics.nytimes.com/top/refere...ine/index.html

Melamine fakes tests so that the available protein reads higher than it actually is. Melamine kills those who eat it drink it.. Cat and dogfood has been adulterated with the stuff as well. Kidney stones and kidney failure.. Purely a $$$ making effort, cheap, low cost method of faking the quality of feed to animals and humans..

"Contaminated milk, cabbage, pork, soft drinks, baby formula, cooking oil, even artificial peas -- there seems to be no end to the food-safety issues in China. And a new investigative report says regulators and inspectors are not keeping up with the cheaters.."

"Some 300,000 babies became sick after consuming the tainted formula and milk, and six died".

25. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Think about it. Go veggie and separate your self from this garbage.
    how about we just accept our role in this existence? or does your Speciesism stop at mobile life forms? perhaps its mobilism?

There are many levels that should be considered when choosing how to act and evaluating the intent/motivation behind actions.

for instance, you could realize that we are simply energy condensed into a slow vibration so we (our consciousness that encompass all things) can subjectively experience ourselves, this happens through the interaction of opposition forces (duality.. positive, negative.. male, female.. death, life.. etc..) and a rule set, or "matrix" that our consciousness created for us to play in/with.

if that is your understanding of "reality" (which to me is the only one that makes sense & quantum theory implies this) then your experience of "veganism" is just as valid as my experience of "omnivorism", spending extra energy on one or the other "because they (the ideologies) are convenient for us to prance around on." when we could be changing the experience to a more accepting, positive understanding, that as the highest expression of consciousness (that we for sure know of) and creative force we are responsible for; well that just seems like silly expenditure of consciousness.

I'm lucky enough to enjoy the senepol cattle, grass fed, ranch raised (600 acres) local beef; no brain diseases, no plastic or concrete, no feed lots; those are problems for the denser "city" populations of the continental US.

I slow cooked a 15lb brisket lastnight, it was amazing! I'm thankful that I was able to provide this portion of myself to myself to continue my experience here in this game; I hope it enables me to expand my understanding and continue to refine the small portion of our collective consciousness that is entrusted to my expression of ego (the ME).

this mentality includes compassion for myself (IE what I eat, you, the rocks I walk on, the bugs that bite me... everything) and a (w)HOL(e)ISTIC understanding of existence helps me focus my energy (when I am focused and conscious of my actions, a struggle we all face).

Enjoy your veganism experience, I hope you know its not "the only" one and as long as the intent is positive no experience is wrong.

Quote Posted by Bobd (here)
    "Contaminated milk, cabbage, pork, soft drinks, baby formula, cooking oil, even artificial peas -- there seems to be no end to the food-safety issues in China. And a new investigative report says regulators and inspectors are not keeping up with the cheaters.."
    Kind of makes you second guess captalism eh?

we should reform the economy into humanism, where the most benefit comes to the individual from helping out the group (which is honestly exactly how our economy works now... but more selfishly focused)....
    Last edited by TargeT; 17th December 2013 at 14:55.
    Where are you?

26. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

[...]

Quote Posted by Bobd (here)
    [...]
    And adding in the US feedlots (the spots the butchery slaughterhouses use for the "factory" cattle) the concrete and newspapers to improve the weight on the hoof for $$$ profit, same as the introduction of capitalism into China - when everyone and everything is a $$$ commodity, there is no room for Humanism, nor anthropism.

There is no fair value exchange for value, there is "profit" (making more than something is worth, putting out a satisfaction "vibe" to the universe, an ego gloat with a smile and a big grin, "gotcha"..)

Capitalism is called the "socially accepted way" of making people believe that a commodity (scarcity manipulated) can create "profits" for those who will control it.

A slight bit different than a feudal warlord in metal fierce teeth and bones tied into their dreadlocks riding on a "war horse", into a "neighbors" community to take their women, take their tools, take their land - those are the "barbarians" we are told while Wall Streeters, MurDochs and Lehmans, and of course our beloved Salomon brothers and sisters lest us not forget our "highly respected" purveyors of "obscene profit", Goldman and Soks But it's the same package, more PR spun and "civilized", the end result is the same, taking a "profit" or spoils from someone or something who has allowed or been forced to be the under-dog, or "cash cow", a commodity ripe for taking or eating.

We have another name for those who get eaten by the "strong", it's called being a Schmoo one who has fallen off the turnip truck ready to be used and eaten by the opportunistic "sharp" profit motivated (think feudal warlord mentality in dreadlocks containing bones of the conquered neighbor) conqueror.

They say its a dog eat dog world out there..

Ever walk the streets of Seoul South Korea in the summer when it warms up a bit? The smell from the bodies, the wastes reminds one of the feedlots outside of Lubboc Texas, Omaha Nebraska - that smell, the most foul "aroma" coming from the body very pungently radiates from the skin, glands, and feces. Ever go to a kennel and smell that? One who does not eat animal flesh knows the smell that radiates from the animal body consumers. One who does not eat the animal flesh knows the other energies, the more subtle energies and interconnectedness that starts to become obvious - one moves away from density. I know that personally from experience.

I wish folks would take the time to go see a feed-lot, more so take a deep breath and know that aroma is what is going to be inside of you as one enjoys the briquette, or tenderloin, fillet or hamburger - doesn't matter if it's corn fed, "organic".. one is putting in a body part from something that had a sense of identity, or worth, a recognition that it could will itself to move in a complex or simple way, maybe couldn't build a "russian ballet company", or a tank, but could create a baby and care for it.. That's what was taken away to allow for the strong to best the weak, or the one who couldn't defend itself from the predator.

Couple in "profit" capitalism driven predation, and one sees the elaborate intricacies displayed of a mindset of one. A "society" who believes themselves to be more noble a greater more able but still nothing more than a "modern" feudal barbarian, besting whomever or whatever is "weaker" or "stupider" than it is as defined by it's superiority "ego".

It doesn't change the concept of the barbarism, or abuse of life energy, or motivation of "survive over the weak, or unable to defend" for personal profit. It's conquer the universe if possible, eat it if possible, consume it - humanism, naw I don't think so.

A slaughter is a slaughter, a slaughter for profit, welcome to "enlightened man". (not)
    Last edited by Bob; 17th December 2013 at 17:18.

27. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

hold on now, I've been to Seoul, it was in 2005, and summer, maybe it's gone down hill since I was there last but there wasn't any smell that I couldn't compare to some streets in NYC... of course those juicy girls did their job pretty well on me so most of my time spent off duty was in an alcohol induced haze... (DAMN YOU SOJU!! haha)

BTW, if you want to add to your little diatribe, look into "corn fed" cattle and how the corn kills them on the hoof.. they are not meant to eat corn and it litteraly tears their stomachs apart, they go to the slaughter house with huge ulcers and are basically dead from "corn poisoning" and why? (well it does marbleize the meat more (aka add more fat)) Because the good old US government subsidizes corn growth SO HEAVILY that we have massive surpluses ever year, farmers grow corn at a loss and only make money when turning in their subsidy forms to Uncle Sam.

This is why almost everything in the US is corn based now, sweeteners (High Fructose Corn Syrup), food additives, snack foods, you name it... ALL CORN! there's a great documentary on it called "King Corn"

we can even mess up veggies... GMO's mass production, government subsidy...

IMO when ever a large group of people get together, complacency kicks in and bad **** happens.
    Where are you?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

Abhaya (17th December 2013)

29. Link to Post #20
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Take a sniff at the feed lots wherever.. and the principle of capitalistic profit at the expense of others, especially those raised for slaughter, be they the working class or dumb animals

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast