+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Have You Ever Committed Suicide In A Dream?

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,307 times in 1,825 posts

Default Re: Have You Ever Committed Suicide In A Dream?

To answer your question: No.

I've thought about it from a (lack of a better term) scientific standpoint. I often have lucid dreams and I try different experiments to check for consistencies or whatever. I thought about what would happen if I killed myself in the dream but I am yet to try it because frankly it's kinda morbid.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Post:

johnf (19th December 2013)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Molly's Avatar
    Thanks

On a lighter note.. well.. at least recently i *did* have a dream that I figured out a way to build a modular synthesizer with a donut.. & despite all my hard work & how so many people couldn't wait to see its performance.. i decided to eat it

Then another dream, i was pregnant with a mogwai. A nice one, like Gizmo.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Molly For This Post:

GreenGuy (3rd January 2014)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,950 times in 424 posts

I never committed suicide in a dream or in real life either. But you know how they say if you dream of falling, you always wake up just as you hit because you'd die if you didn't? I don't buy that because I once dreamed of falling from a great height into a lake, and not dying.
    Dammit, honey! You left the seat down again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

Molly (3rd January 2014)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GreenGuy (here)
    I never committed suicide in a dream or in real life either. But you know how they say if you dream of falling, you always wake up just as you hit because you'd die if you didn't? I don't buy that because I once dreamed of falling from a great height into a lake, and not dying.
    Yeah i've heard that if you die in a dream you die in real life as well.. really odd considering i kill myself with a gunshot blast to the head then another dream am in a fatal car crash. Unless.. we are actually dead & 'other people' are figments of our imaginations somehow.. like that Jacob's Ladder movie.. my head will hurt if I ponder that too much lol!

8. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Molly (here)
    Unless.. we are actually dead & 'other people' are figments of our imaginations somehow..
    We are likely all dead, as in PK Dick's Ubik

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Molly (7th January 2014), PurpleLama (3rd January 2014)

10. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

I've not read that one (yet!).. still not done with Valis. PKD is pretty good. I might have to give Ubik a go, next

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Molly For This Post:

PurpleLama (7th January 2014)

12. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Never happen to me... But i dreamed (many times) that someone kills me... stabbing me, shooting me.. but kill myself never.
    I'm in love with me myself, hehehe.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to korgh For This Post:

Molly (8th January 2014)

14. Link to Post #28
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Quote Posted by Molly (here)
    Have you ever committed suicide in a dream? If so, what was the dream about and why did you do it?

I dreamed once I gave birth to a dead baby that I didn't even know I was pregnant with. A nurse at a hospital yanked it out of my arms & said I deserved it to happen then slammed the door shut in my face. I grew wings & flew really far very fast over a lot of wide open fields then finally I saw a woman in a black cloak down in a field holding a holographic cat's eye inside a black frame. She spoke to me in 3 languages at once (Swedish, Lakota Indian, and English) that 'God Has Cat's Eyes'. I left her, disappointed and feeling more alone than ever at that point because she had only spoken gibberish to me. Then I fly home but when I get there no one is there and the house is empty. I go up all 13 stairs of my house and laying on the floor is a black taurus handgun, so I pick it up and blow my brains out while watching the sun rise through the top window.
    -----recalling a pass liife...a memory....not a dream.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

Molly (8th January 2014)

16. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,978 times in 1,576 posts

I have been shot in a dream and have fallen off a building. both times I woke up ie. sensation of falling into my bed. woke up and sat up in bed. One other time a tornado picked me up and threw me into my bed (felt that way)
    "A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Peace, Love and Consiousness
    Referee

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Referee For This Post:

Molly (8th January 2014)

18. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote Posted by MariaDine (here)

-----recalling a pass liife...a memory....not a dream.
    ...or the Superego is pissed off and wants retribution

19. Link to Post #31
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,216 times in 1,274 posts

Some time ago, during an experience with psylocybin,....

I found myself astrally projecting every which way across our solar system and beyond. Yet, everywhere I went I knew inherently to be a projection outward from a localized physiological source.

So. I returned my awareness to my body and sat within. I set forth the intent to transcend the physiological body, to will it to cease to function. I had no time/life-sign measurement equipment, so I cannot confirm the veracity of what seemed to occur.

I slowed my breathing and heart-rate. I released all muscle control. Then I did something new.

It was kind of like gripping the whole body, but not in the sense that the muscles flexed. It was almost like applying force onto the body from the outside, 'inward', like I was somehow increasing the pressure through an external source, but unilaterally over the surface of the body. My breathing stopped, and for as long as I was aware of it, my heart stopped. I 'increased' the in-pressure until a point which felt somewhat like pain, but in the background and not localized; Pain is typically an immediate sensation that centers its self in the awareness while this was like a slight background experience, in the same way that the sky changing a shade or two toward the red spectrum.

Slowly increasing, I felt to be approaching a threshold. The 'pain' felt to increase to a level I would describe as 'complete' (as in, the limitations of my ability to perceive it) and I felt something release. I could liken it to a tow-chain snapping, as it had the feeling of something no longer limiting/containing/holding but doing so with a degree of suddenness.

And then my awareness began to expand beyond my physical body. I could feel it expand through layers of atoms, layers of molecules, layers of grains of sand in the concrete, and hairs, and debris, and animals, and grass, intricate vehicular parts and children sleeping in the neighborhood and so on until it enveloped the world and continued to expand. --Edit: The rate of expansion was both fixed, constant in that as the expansion continued and increasing areas of vacuum were enveloped there seemed to be a constant 'speed' to it all. Once the apparent volume of awareness incorporated the neighborhood my awareness was no longer fixated on the layers of atoms that were within or the molecules resultant, but I remained the awareness of them as though seeing the levels individually and simultaneously --

Beyond the solar system, the galaxy, the [I}galaxies[/I] until - still expanding - the sea of galaxies that stretched within me like grains of sand on a beach became increasingly imperceivable and darkness, which eventually faded to complete blackness. As I expanded further into this endless blackness (nothingness by all indication), I felt myself expand into limitation.

I liken it to what it might feel like to be a balloon being inflated into another, thicker balloon. There were areas that continued to expand, and areas which came to an unpassable threshold, until there came a point where my awareness ceased to expand, that all parts of it were static, within this limitation.

I sat in this state for what seemed like a very long time. I wasn't aware of anything other than that the state was unchanging. Eventually I resolved to change the unchanging state and attempted to do so.

On one hand it was like pushing against the 'unyielding balloon', and on another it was like striking it suddenly but from the center-'point' outward, like if one hit a nail with a hammer but the nail was driven outwards in all directions simultaneously. I continued to do so.

And before long realized that I was forcing my heart to beat. I started breathing, and eventually opened my eyes from exactly where I had started.

I never checked the time when I began, so I couldn't say if/how-long I had been in this process. In aftermath (and subsequent years) I have developed a number of logical, rational, spiritual, and existential theories and their antithesis based on the experience, but they're another story entirely.
    Last edited by Shezbeth; 20th January 2014 at 03:48.

20. Link to Post #32
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

[deleted] not contributive
    Last edited by 7eagle14; 21st February 2014 at 12:58.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2