+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lottery Winner Decides to Do Something to Honor Late Wife

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,460 times in 1,155 posts

Default Lottery Winner Decides to Do Something to Honor Late Wife

I can definitely relate with why he did this.
    Goes to show you a mass awakening perhaps really is happening.

hey and he is a Canadian

A Canadian man who just won $40 million in the Lotto Max jackpot knows exactly what he wants to do with his newfound wealth: he is giving it all away to charity.

Tom Crist, who is retired, told Canadian news station CTV that he planned to give away all the prize money to different charities and organizations he chooses.

He lost his wife recently to lung cancer, so cancer research organizations and the hospital where she was treated are high at the top of his list.

source of article

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

Adi (18th December 2013), dianna (18th December 2013), Ecnal61 (18th December 2013), ghostrider (18th December 2013), GreenGuy (19th December 2013), guido (18th December 2013), lelmaleh (19th December 2013), Maia Gabrial (18th December 2013), Nasu (18th December 2013), Realeyes (18th December 2013), Sunny-side-up (18th December 2013), UpToLight (18th December 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Default Re: Lottery Winner Decides to Do Something to Honor Late Wife

So, why did he even bother buying a ticket if he was just going to give the money away?Are we supposed to admire him for it? Giving to the same organizations that thrive on keeping all diseases going wasn't such a great move. I know, his money; he can do whatever he wants with it.
    It would have been more impressive had he used it to go after Big Pharma for the criminals they are. They design and create poisons that cure absolutely nothing; and ensures people have to stay on them for the rest of their lives. Hospitals are no better. You know, job security and all that....
    There ARE cures for cancer and yet this man's unfortunate wife wasn't privy to it any of it. When he finds this out, he'll probably be angry. He might even have wished he put his fortune to better use.
    I'm sorry if I don't feel moved by this man's so called generous actions. It just doesn't ring true to me...Just saying....

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Bongo (18th December 2013), carriellbee (18th December 2013), Ecnal61 (18th December 2013), Firinn (19th December 2013), freedom4all (18th December 2013), MorningFox (19th December 2013), mosquito (19th December 2013), naste.de.lumina (19th December 2013), Realeyes (18th December 2013), selinam (18th December 2013), Spirithorse (18th December 2013), Sunny-side-up (18th December 2013), TargeT (18th December 2013), transitionalman (19th December 2013), Zephra (18th December 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

Quote Posted by Maia Gabrial (here)
    So, why did he even bother buying a ticket if he was just going to give the money away?Are we supposed to admire him for it? Giving to the same organizations that thrive on keeping all diseases going wasn't such a great move. I know, his money; he can do whatever he wants with it.
    It would have been more impressive had he used it to go after Big Pharma for the criminals they are. They design and create poisons that cure absolutely nothing; and ensures people have to stay on them for the rest of their lives. Hospitals are no better. You know, job security and all that....
    There ARE cures for cancer and yet this man's unfortunate wife wasn't privy to it any of it. When he finds this out, he'll probably be angry. He might even have wished he put his fortune to better use.
    I'm sorry if I don't feel moved by this man's so called generous actions. It just doesn't ring true to me...Just saying....
    hard not to agree...
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

carriellbee (18th December 2013), Maia Gabrial (20th December 2013), mosquito (19th December 2013), naste.de.lumina (19th December 2013), Realeyes (18th December 2013), selinam (18th December 2013), Sunny-side-up (18th December 2013), Zephra (18th December 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 times in 320 posts

Alex Jones just now talked about this on his radio show. Said the guy who won the lottery is already a self-made millionaire - didn't discuss the company he founded.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LivioRazlo For This Post:

freedom4all (18th December 2013), Realeyes (18th December 2013), Sunny-side-up (18th December 2013), Violet (18th December 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Don't judge him harshly. My guess his intentions and actions are quite honorable. His ignorance of the health care system is no reason to insult his gesture. Fine man I say!
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

bennycog (18th December 2013), carriellbee (18th December 2013), GreenGuy (19th December 2013), guido (18th December 2013), lastlegs (18th December 2013), learninglight (18th December 2013), lelmaleh (19th December 2013), Maia Gabrial (20th December 2013), Miller (19th December 2013), MorningFox (19th December 2013), mosquito (19th December 2013), naste.de.lumina (19th December 2013), Violet (18th December 2013), Vitalux (19th December 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Agreed, fully. You are spot on Maia!

I wonder also.. if that Chevron, on his cap... has anything to do with his thinking???

On my thread and others, I continually talk about being able to reason, for oneself. I hear everywhere on this forum about subliminal messaging by the Elite, to sway our thinking. This one to me, is like big oil saying: "Give all your money to charity, because We own all of them anyway." You think they are not? All Charities must work under rules and regulations. "Who", do you think makes those regulations? hmm
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

carriellbee (18th December 2013), mosquito (19th December 2013), naste.de.lumina (19th December 2013), selinam (18th December 2013), Spirithorse (18th December 2013), TargeT (19th December 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,147 times in 191 posts

You just read my mind Maia Gabrial!
    Selina

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to selinam For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (19th December 2013), TargeT (19th December 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Is the lottery even real? I hate to sound so negative, but I really do think that it is manipulated by the PTB if not completely controlled by them to induce false hope into the population. I'm sure they stage some of the winners to make it look like people actually win it, but the money from the bought tickets probably goes into further construction of their underground bases.

From Orwell's 1984:
    Quote 1984, Chapter 8

...They were talking about the Lottery. Winston looked back when he had gone thirty metres. They were still arguing, with vivid, passionate faces. The Lottery, with its weekly pay-out of enormous prizes, was the one public event to which the proles paid serious attention. It was probable that there were some millions of proles for whom the Lottery was the principal if not the only reason for remaining alive. It was their delight, their folly, their anodyne, their intellectual stimulant. Where the Lottery was concerned, even people who could barely read and write seemed capable of intricate calculations and staggering feats of memory. There was a whole tribe of men who made a living simply by selling systems, forecasts, and lucky amulets. Winston had nothing to do with the running of the Lottery, which was managed by the Ministry of Plenty, but he was aware (indeed everyone in the party was aware) that the prizes were largely imaginary. Only small sums were actually paid out, the winners of the big prizes being non-existent persons. In the absence of any real inter-communication between one part of Oceania and another, this was not difficult to arrange....
    "Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

MorningFox (19th December 2013), mosquito (19th December 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Hey if this gentleman is a real self made millionaire , what was stopping him from giving away his money before ??? oh , that's right , it was someone elses money ... hmmmm , I'll give away the lotto money but , my personal wealth is off limits ...easy to say he will donate all his money , could be a stunt to keep the TAXMAN off his scent ...ha , man I'm in a good mood today , hey he should give all his winnings to Project Avalon's Bill Ryan , would be a far better investment for the future than some charities ... I love this time of year, ya know ??? not christmas , the NEW year coming ... sidebar= what's a millionaire doing playing the lotto ??? isn't a million enough ???
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

lelmaleh (19th December 2013), mosquito (19th December 2013), naste.de.lumina (19th December 2013), selinam (19th December 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 times in 424 posts

Y'all can be negative if you want. I applaud the guy and don't wish to judge him otherwise. I'm imperfect, he's imperfect, sorry but all of you are as well. I might have done something different - like giving cash to a few thousand homeless folks. Folks would be on my case about that too. I say look in the mirror, not at the other guy whose shoes we haven't stepped in.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

conk (31st December 2013), Gardener (19th December 2013), Miller (19th December 2013), rgray222 (19th December 2013), Vitalux (19th December 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by GreenGuy (here)
    Y'all can be negative if you want. I applaud the guy and don't wish to judge him otherwise. I'm imperfect, he's imperfect, sorry but all of you are as well. I might have done something different - like giving cash to a few thousand homeless folks. Folks would be on my case about that too. I say look in the mirror, not at the other guy whose shoes we haven't stepped in.

Thank you so much for expressing your thoughts.

From my point of view and observation, some of these folks have become so entrenched in their misery and negativity that it has become a pathological reality for them to dwell in.

Their best moments appear to be found only when they find others to commiserate and identity with them.

The irony is that I am seeing the reflection of part of me in them

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

conk (31st December 2013), GreenGuy (19th December 2013), Miller (19th December 2013), naste.de.lumina (19th December 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 times in 424 posts

Quote Posted by Vitalux (here)
    The irony is that I am seeing the reflection of part of me in them
    Yeah, I get it. Me too.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

Miller (19th December 2013), naste.de.lumina (19th December 2013), Vitalux (19th December 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

that it has become a pathological reality for them to dwell in.
    A pathological reality is still reality.

Even if fantasy land is safe, warm, and comfortable, I'd rather fight the truth head on...no matter how daunting it is.

~Henry David Thoreau
    ~Henry David Thoreau

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Robin For This Post:

GreenGuy (19th December 2013)

27. Link to Post #14
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)
    that it has become a pathological reality for them to dwell in.
    A pathological reality is still reality.

Even if fantasy land is safe, warm, and comfortable, I'd rather fight the truth head on...no matter how daunting it is.

~Henry David Thoreau
    My good fellow Avalonian, yes by all means, it is what ever you wish for. All is safe.
    That is the beauty of a soul, it simply produces out of thin air, whichever world it wishes to imagine

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vitalux For This Post:

GreenGuy (19th December 2013), Robin (19th December 2013)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,151 times in 3,856 posts

Quote Don't judge him harshly. My guess his intentions and actions are quite honorable. His ignorance of the health care system is no reason to insult his gesture. Fine man I say!
    Why's this millionaire buying a ticket anyway? And you can't tell me he hasn't got other uses for the winnings, even if it's to support the business he created....What millionaire would give up so much money? Nah....
    Nice gesture, but sounds phony to me.

+ Reply to Thread