+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I see my old dog?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,291 times in 744 posts

Default Why can't I see my old dog?

My dear old dog friend, companion & confidante of many years, died the day before yesterday at the age of 18 when I allowed the vet to euthanize her as she had cancer and was in pain; she died in my arms as I whispered the Gayatri Mantra to her.

I often see what I assume are spirits; I have actually experienced someone looking straight back at me, apparently aware of me, as I unintentionally watched her doing something in a laboratory.

But I can not see my old dog, despite looking for her & calling her mentally. I know it sounds strange, but I would like to know she is happy & well; I invited her to live in my aura if she preferred, instead of going on to her "own place". I suppose I am being selfish. . . .I wish I could see "to order" & not just occasionally.

Is there any adept here who can see at will? Would you look out for my old Sally, please?

2. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (10th January 2014), Agape (22nd December 2013), Alecs (12th January 2014), Anchor (23rd December 2013), Becky (23rd December 2013), Bill Ryan (10th January 2014), Camilo (11th January 2014), carriellbee (31st December 2013), conk (23rd December 2013), Eram (22nd December 2013), freedom4all (23rd December 2013), Gardener (22nd December 2013), giovonni (13th January 2014), halffull (22nd December 2013), Highwhistler (12th January 2014), hohoemi (11th January 2014), Inaiá (22nd December 2013), Marin (11th January 2014), meeradas (23rd December 2013), mgray (22nd December 2013), Realeyes (22nd December 2013), risveglio (22nd December 2013), RunningDeer (22nd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), selinam (23rd December 2013), Sidney (23rd December 2013), SKAWF (23rd December 2013), Spiral of Light (23rd December 2013), sunflower (29th December 2013), ulli (22nd December 2013), UpToLight (22nd December 2013), watchZEITGEISTnow (23rd December 2013), Wind (22nd December 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member EsmaEverheart's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Why can't I see my old dog?

I am not an adept, but I want to tell you that I am so sorry for your loss.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to EsmaEverheart For This Post:

Becky (23rd December 2013), fourty-two (23rd December 2013), freedom4all (23rd December 2013), Inaiá (22nd December 2013), kirolak (22nd December 2013), Realeyes (22nd December 2013), RunningDeer (22nd December 2013), Sidney (23rd December 2013), Wind (22nd December 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,322 times in 735 posts

I am sorry for your loss of your old faithful friend; I am a dog lover too, both my dogs are now buried in my garden. I have many fond loving memories of them, they always showed me what unconditional love was.

Do you see orbs with your physical eyes? If not use a digital camera to pick them up, I am sure your Sally is close by in spirit and may appear to you as an orb.

My dog Poppy would visit me in my dreams or in out of body experiences; I would suddenly find myself in a land of snow and there she would be jumping and leaping and rolling about in the snow playing joyfully. She adored the snow, so it was very fitting I would meet her like this.

She has since moved on to new pastures so I do not see her anymore, yet I know wherever she has gone to she will be spreading more of her unconditional love.

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,300 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by kirolak (here)
    Is there any adept here who can see at will? Would you look out for my old Sally, please?
    Oh Kirolak, I’m sorry for your loss. It was a kind and unselfish gesture. What a beautiful account of Sally’s last moments with you. I hope this information and my personal account helps you move to a place of peace.

I read where some pets large and small meet up with their love one and carry on. I found comfort in that knowledge. I’ve included the link below. Shortly after, I experienced it first hand:

My neighbor, Barbara had a dog named, Mikie. As part of his training, she’d walk him around the circle driveway, and also he’d accompanied her with the chores like empty trash and care for the horses. Always the same trot from both of them, and same hand positions with the leash.

One morning, Barbara emptied the trash and came around the circle. Only this time, she walked with an invisible leash, the same hand positions as always. And Mikie? He was trotting right by her side only in his light-body. I blinked a couple of times, still in disbelief.

That afternoon, Barbara dug a deep hole with the farm equipment next to the horse fence. Then she walked the circle alone with a wrapped up bundle. She lowered herself into the knee deep hole, and gently laid her Mikie to rest.

Children of the New Millennium: Lynn's Near-Death Experience

From the light came two dogs of mine. One was a collie named Mimi who had died three years previously from an infection, and the other was a box named Sam who had died two years before after being hit by a car. The dogs came running and jumped on me and kissed my face with their tongues. Their tongues weren't wet, and I felt no weight when they jumped on me.  The dogs seemed to glow from a light that was inside them.”

With Heart,
    Paula

PS You may get a flash or inner knowing of Sally. She's there. No need to doubt the feeling. Send a Love-Hello right back.

Sending in a buddy to sit by your side
    and help you both to connect.
    Don't be fooled by the small cuteness.
    Lots of power in this package.

Feel Light and Warmth wash over and through you.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 22nd December 2013 at 17:27.

7. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (10th January 2014), Agape (22nd December 2013), Alecs (12th January 2014), Alpha (22nd December 2013), Becky (23rd December 2013), carriellbee (31st December 2013), fourty-two (23rd December 2013), freedom4all (23rd December 2013), hohoemi (11th January 2014), Inaiá (22nd December 2013), kirolak (22nd December 2013), Orph (11th January 2014), Rollo (22nd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), Sidney (23rd December 2013), ulli (23rd December 2013), UpToLight (22nd December 2013), Wind (22nd December 2013)

8. Link to Post #5
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

He will come when he is ready... but, you already know that. Namasté

PS- ....get a picture of your dog and send healing energy...a beautiful cloud of White, Silvery ,Violet, Gold rays.
    Last edited by MariaDine; 22nd December 2013 at 16:55.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

kirolak (22nd December 2013), RunningDeer (22nd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), Sidney (23rd December 2013), ulli (23rd December 2013), Wind (22nd December 2013)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,159 times in 13,484 posts

Sally is there now, I'm sure, but your sad emotions are not allowing you to see her.
    Grief has knocked me sideways, many times,
    and only when I get my balance back do my dreams and visions return to normal.
    German shepherd comes to mind right now.

11. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ulli For This Post:

carriellbee (31st December 2013), fourty-two (23rd December 2013), hohoemi (11th January 2014), Inaiá (22nd December 2013), kirolak (22nd December 2013), Orph (11th January 2014), PurpleLama (10th January 2014), RunningDeer (22nd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), Sidney (23rd December 2013), Wind (22nd December 2013)

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,950 times in 424 posts

Ah, I have been through this so many times. It never gets less painful when we release a beloved companion into the arms of physical death. I am so sorry for your loss. May I gently suggest however, that Sally may have simply been ready to move into the other dimensions where there is no longer any connection to this world. You want her to remain near to you, and in a sense she always will be. But her being may have rejoiced at the entry into the spirit world. Our lives are longer than theirs, and it's on us to move on as best we can.

My advice to people going through this has always been to grieve as much and as long as you need, but don't obsess. And when you can, give your love to another pet. Sally would not feel betrayed by this.

My wife and I had a beloved cat. She had so much personality and intelligence, and was so attached to us, we couldn't imagine life without her. We lived on a ranch, and one day Odessa was badly mauled by a couple dogs. I physically attacked the dogs and rescued her, but as she clung to life I could see she was severely injured. When she developed abscesses and infection, I reluctantly made the decision to have her put down. She died in my arms, and I wept as if she was my own child. Odessa was a fighter, and for all her suffering she wasn't ready to go. I still wonder if I made the right decision. I buried her on a hill where she loved to sit and watch the world. For the next two weeks, we'd hear her crying at the door to come in. We felt her jump onto the bed at night and snuggle into the pillows. I even caught her scent. It was like a knife through our hearts, even though we were so glad to know how much she loved us. It was more than three years before we could contemplate another cat, but one day I saw a tiny kitten out in traffic on a busy street. I called to her and she absolutely rocketed into my arms. Poko now is full-grown and we're a family again....but no one will ever replace Odessa. And yes, it still hurts and always will.

I firmly believe we will be reunited with loved ones one day, both the human and furry ones. Your Sally will have such tales to tell, and she'll be eager to guide you through the new world.

13. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

carriellbee (31st December 2013), conk (23rd December 2013), hohoemi (11th January 2014), Inaiá (22nd December 2013), kirolak (22nd December 2013), NoNeedForAName (23rd December 2013), Orph (11th January 2014), RunningDeer (22nd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), Sidney (23rd December 2013), sunflower (29th December 2013), ulli (23rd December 2013), Wind (22nd December 2013)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,243 times in 4,597 posts

My dear old dog friend, companion & confidante of many years, died the day before yesterday at the age of 18 when I allowed the vet to euthanize her as she had cancer and was in pain; she died in my arms as I whispered the Gayatri Mantra to her.

I often see what I assume are spirits; I have actually experienced someone looking straight back at me, apparently aware of me, as I unintentionally watched her doing something in a laboratory.

But I can not see my old dog, despite looking for her & calling her mentally. I know it sounds strange, but I would like to know she is happy & well; I invited her to live in my aura if she preferred, instead of going on to her "own place". I suppose I am being selfish. . . .I wish I could see "to order" & not just occasionally.

The problem with you is that you see her as some kind of helpless little one who has no life without you . But when you said 'Sally' , and where is 'Sally' ,

I saw someone like dog-princess, tall and standing now on hinder legs ( did she miss being 'tall and straight' in her earthly dog life ? ) enjoying banquet in place that we would commonly call dog heaven but they don't look very canine over there .
    More like some other, beautiful creatures with strange longish bodies ( no tails ) and head shaped something between dog-n-human models.

All i see is somehow white and transparent ..so not much .. but it makes sense to me that she went on to celebrate her exit from here and was 'welcome back' by her soul family . This may take some time ... and after she fulfils her royal and social duties and realises what has happened she will visit you again in your dreams ..

It happened to me so with a tiny Pekinese I had as a kid , I thought I lost world when she passed away . I then never accepted another animal friend to my life really or there were always some obstacles to it .
    But even after many years ..I'd have a dream where my friend appeared the way I knew her and I knew it was only for me, sometimes together with other out-the-world entities , and carried some sort of special message .

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

GreenGuy (22nd December 2013), hohoemi (11th January 2014), kirolak (22nd December 2013), Orph (11th January 2014), RunningDeer (22nd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), Sidney (23rd December 2013), sunflower (29th December 2013), ulli (23rd December 2013), Wind (23rd December 2013)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Thank you all for such kind responses, I can feel your good will even over the pc! I have a photo of her next to my bed with an offering of cauliflower (which she loved!) and flowers - and yes, I do sometimes see orbs naked eye, and have many photos of them. . . .I have 4 other dogs, & they all 'kissed" her as she lay ill before I took her to the vet; they knew. It is just so good to know how many kind souls there are on this forum

17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Alecs (12th January 2014), conk (23rd December 2013), Gardener (22nd December 2013), GreenGuy (22nd December 2013), hohoemi (11th January 2014), Inaiá (22nd December 2013), MariaDine (22nd December 2013), Marin (11th January 2014), Milneman (23rd December 2013), RunningDeer (22nd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), Sidney (23rd December 2013), Spiral of Light (23rd December 2013), sunflower (29th December 2013), ulli (23rd December 2013), Wind (23rd December 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

Aww Kirolak much love to you and Sally.
    ((((hugs))))
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

hohoemi (11th January 2014), kirolak (23rd December 2013), RunningDeer (22nd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), Sidney (23rd December 2013), Spiral of Light (23rd December 2013), Wind (23rd December 2013)

20. Link to Post #11
    Avalon Member watchZEITGEISTnow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,817 times in 390 posts

Hey there, don't feel that she isn't there. SHE IS! What I did for my girl when she left was that night, i lay in bed and just heard her come into my space and tell me she was ok, and at 1st i didn't believe her, then she got mad and told me it was her and we had a great chat until i fell asleep.

A few months later i was feeling very sad - missing her (i still do its over 3 years btw) - she visited me one night and explained something to me, her words were these: "The reason 'we' (the deceased) don't come and see you in your sleep all the time is because if we did, nothing would get done!" Poof. She vanished - those words were closure.

the reason our loved ones leave is for us to endure and learn and evolve without them - because we can and do.

Talk to her every minute you feel the need to - and just....listen. Listen in nature especially. JUST LISTEN. She is there, and you will know that as soon as you let her.

You're grief is unbelievable at this point, and like death we need to experience it - so we can understand it and any fears associated with that.

My heart goes out to you and ANYONE having lost a loved woofah (or any family friend really) - easy to say, but she is watching you and helping you in her own way - just ... listen for her

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to watchZEITGEISTnow For This Post:

GreenGuy (23rd December 2013), kirolak (23rd December 2013), Orph (11th January 2014), RunningDeer (23rd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), Sidney (23rd December 2013), Wind (23rd December 2013)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,921 times in 4,417 posts

Hello Kirolak,I am so sorry for your loss. Your grief is so much that I believe it is getting in the way of your knowing when your friend is right there with you. I feel your pain. Know that you did right by putting her our of her pain and I am certain she is full of all of the love that you provided her over the years, and now. Blessing to you and your family.

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

GreenGuy (23rd December 2013), kirolak (23rd December 2013), RunningDeer (23rd December 2013), Wind (23rd December 2013)

24. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,814 times in 3,730 posts

According to our (Mr and Mrs A) experience, Ulli and others after that are correct about your current emotional state preventing it.

Grief takes time. Let the process work out. You need to go through this and if Sally were to come to you now, it would elongate the time you spend grieving and coming to terms with the reality of a new life without your old friend.

Sally is fine - I don't see her, but I know she is. In a happy place less constrained by time that we are, she will pick her moment and it will be no effort for her.

I would be very surprised if you did not, at some time in the near future, catch a fleeting glimpse of Sally or some more tangible experience.

Look after yourself.

PS: You did the right thing!
    Last edited by Anchor; 23rd December 2013 at 08:53.
    -- Let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all, let the truth be known by all --

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Anchor For This Post:

GreenGuy (23rd December 2013), kirolak (23rd December 2013), Orph (11th January 2014), PurpleLama (10th January 2014), RunningDeer (23rd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), Wind (23rd December 2013)

26. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 633 posts

sorry for your loss.

see, my soul is eternal..... and androgynous...
    it just happens that this time round, i'm a bloke.

as an aside, imagine being born with the potential for a nice set of breasts and a hoo haa, but not being that bothered because i'm a woman anyway!
    imagine being born with both male and female genitalia!!, you'd never get the smile off my face........

i'm sorry what was the question?

ahhh,

so if i were to pop my clogs, what would be the guarantee that my soul would appear as a male?
    or even human for that matter?

maybe its more prudent to remember feelings, and vibrations rather than appearances

close your eyes and remember what it felt like.....
    when i went there nothing happened!, i was bored out of my mind..................in the Twilight Zone.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SKAWF For This Post:

Inaiá (11th January 2014), kirolak (23rd December 2013), RunningDeer (23rd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), Shannow (23rd December 2013)

28. Link to Post #15
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

I bet she was a runner, wasn't she?

You should see the fields I see.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Inaiá (11th January 2014), kirolak (31st December 2013), RunningDeer (23rd December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), ulli (28th December 2013)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,920 times in 1,827 posts

You can see your dog quite easily if you follow the following steps -- once you've let go of your grief or managed to gently put it aside.

First, if you can, meditate for ten minutes or so and get calm and centered.

Second, either sit in a chair with a straight back or lie on your back, and get very, very relaxed. The main thing we need is for you to loosen your ties to your physical senses a little.

Third, use your imagination. Just pretend. Imagine, and in you mind's eye picture, that you're calling your dog to come to you while you also imagine you're standing or sitting in a place where you often used to do this. Remember and visualize as many details as you need of the surroundings of that location.

Fourth, imagine doing some activity with your dog that the dog was fond of doing with you. Just trust that everything you seem to be imagining as happening is in fact real.

If the above doesn't work, it will only be because your grief is strong enough to interfere with your staying calm and centered.

Many people don't realize that if one is calm and centered enough, the imagination is a way of seeing reality and not fantasy.

To your pet you are their parent, and when the dog was very young it considered you were God to it. I'm sure your dog can't wait to see you experiencing its affirmation of the most huge love for you.
    Above all, always refuse to cut your life in two: nonduality/duality, matter/Spirit, etc
    A mind which is not crippled by memory has real freedom. ~ J. Krishnamurti
    (True, deep) stillness is the way.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TraineeHuman For This Post:

Highwhistler (12th January 2014), kirolak (28th December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), ulli (28th December 2013), Wind (29th December 2013)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions! I am much better now, & have seen her. . . she was always rather laid back, not energetic - very staid & aloof. But I've seen her now, making "bowing or curtseying" movements & her fur has grown in beautifully; she is smiling & playing in green fields with little yellow flowers, along with some other dogs. . . .

33. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Alecs (12th January 2014), Anchor (28th December 2013), carriellbee (31st December 2013), Inaiá (11th January 2014), Milneman (28th December 2013), Orph (11th January 2014), RunningDeer (28th December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), TraineeHuman (28th December 2013), ulli (28th December 2013), watchZEITGEISTnow (17th January 2014), Wind (29th December 2013)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I am so sorry for your loss. In my extended family, we have lost three dogs recently. Each of their spirits has come to me, one before I knew of her passing.

My daughter dreamed that her dog Lolli and her grandpa (my dad, who passed in 2006) were keeping each other company in a very nice place with lots of open spaces. I know that the dream was real.

I remember hearing that it can take a few days before a dog's spirit will appear. I can't remember why, though. And I'm not sure where I heard it, though I suspect it was in this video from Laura Stinchfield. I highly recommend this and her other videos to anyone who has lost a pet or is interested in communicating with animals.

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to carriellbee For This Post:

Inaiá (11th January 2014), kirolak (31st December 2013), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), TraineeHuman (31st December 2013), Wind (31st December 2013)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,531 times in 32,788 posts

-------

Dogs do reincarnate again and again, just like humans. Send a 'message' out to her (with the simple intention that she will pick it up, whether you can 'see' her at that moment or not) that if she wants to, she should come back as a puppy in the breed of her choice, not far away from you, and then doggy-intend that the two of you will connect again as soon as possible.

Synchronicity will take care of the rest. Look out for litters of puppies in local farms (if you're in the country), or scan the local paper for advertisements for newborn puppies, or just ask around among your friends. You'll know her as soon as you see her again, and she'll come running excitedly to you too as soon as you enter the room wherever she is.

Report back to us on this thread when it all happens!

37. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

42 (11th January 2014), Abhaya (10th January 2014), Agape (10th January 2014), Alan (12th January 2014), Alecs (12th January 2014), Atlas (10th January 2014), DeDukshyn (12th January 2014), Gardener (12th January 2014), Highwhistler (12th January 2014), hohoemi (11th January 2014), Jean-Marie (11th January 2014), kanishk (14th January 2014), karelia (10th January 2014), Katyani (11th January 2014), kirolak (11th January 2014), Marin (11th January 2014), nomadguy (12th January 2014), PurpleLama (10th January 2014), Richard S. (11th January 2014), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014), Sidney (12th January 2014), Sophocles (10th January 2014), Wind (10th January 2014)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Thank you, Bill! I really appreciate your comments and interest! I know (though without any actual physical proof) that animals also reincarnate, but would love to hear about your experiences with it if you would be so kind as to share. . . .I have 4 other dogs and 4 elderly cats, so unfortunately I can't actually adopt any more fur-family at present.

I would just like to know for sure that she is happy and not in the hands of those who do not respect other species if she takes on another body as a dog (she was abused by her first human parents).

I'm attaching (I hope!) a picture of her in her red jacket, as she stood next to her friend and confidant Olivia, the Persian cat who moved in with us from somewhere a few years ago
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG02330-20131008-0936.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	24514  
    Last edited by kirolak; 11th January 2014 at 18:33.

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirolak For This Post:

Bill Ryan (11th January 2014), Gardener (12th January 2014), Katyani (11th January 2014), Sean Cullen (12th January 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast