+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Government Report Confirms That A Major Solar Event Will Be A Kill Shot For The United States

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,647 times in 18,693 posts

Default Government Report Confirms That A Major Solar Event Will Be A Kill Shot For The United States

Government Report Confirms That A Major Solar Event Will Be A Kill Shot For The United States

Monday 23rd December 2013 at 04:06 By David Icke

‘An official report prepared by John Kappenman, an independent consultant, was
    commissioned by The Oak Ridge National Laboratory in 2010. The report is summarized
    in The JASON report on Impacts of Severe Space Weather on The Electrical Grid, project
    number 13119022.

JASON is an independent group of some 60 scientists that advises the United States
    government on science and technology that could have national implications. It is run
    by the non-profit making MITRE Corporation in Virginia.

There is a massive amount of information in the report which was published in
    November 2011. For the technically minded, transformers are discussed in detail,
    highlighting the problems that space weather impacts could, and does have on them.
    There are examples from around the world of the damage caused to electrical grids
    when a coronal mass ejection hits the Earth. There are details of different types of
    space weather, their effects and likely outcomes of such incidents.’

Page 51-54 of the JASON report is of particular interest. It summarizes Kappenman’s
    findings. It is somber reading.

More than 300 transformers destroyed.
    130 million people in the United States lacking power for several years.
    1-2 trillion dollars of economic losses.

A US map of vulnerable transformers with areas of probable system collapse encircled.
    Credit: National Academy of Sciences.

At risk transformers in the same scenario

Read more: Government Report Confirms That A Major Solar Event Will Be A Kill Shot
    For The United States

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/12/...ajor.html#more

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines/

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Alpha (26th December 2013), DeDukshyn (23rd December 2013), Dennis Leahy (27th December 2013), Elainie (24th December 2013), fourty-two (28th December 2013), Gardener (27th December 2013), Griff (24th December 2013), Jayke (23rd December 2013), naste.de.lumina (24th December 2013), Nasu (24th December 2013), onawah (23rd December 2013), panopticon (24th December 2013), Realeyes (24th December 2013), Referee (24th December 2013), Sunny-side-up (23rd December 2013), tcjim1 (23rd December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (24th December 2013), Wind (23rd December 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Government Report Confirms That A Major Solar Event Will Be A Kill Shot For The United States

I just hope if this does occur (I suspect it indeed will at some point) and fails the grid, that it occurs in the Canadian SUMMER -- here that Sol? Canadian Summer! hint, hint
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Cidersomerset (25th December 2013), Dennis Leahy (27th December 2013), Milneman (27th December 2013), naste.de.lumina (24th December 2013), seko (28th December 2013), Wind (23rd December 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Australia Avalon Member panopticon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 times in 2,305 posts

Default Re: Government Report Confirms That A Major Solar Event Will Be A Kill Shot For The United States

Jason report available here:
    http://www.fas.org/irp/agency/dod/ja...aceweather.pdf

Kappenman's report available here:
    http://web.ornl.gov/sci/ees/etsd/pes...Meta-R-319.pdf

Has good evaluation of the 1989 solar storm's impact on the Quebec and US grids.

-- Pan
    "What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence.
    The only consequence is what we do."

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panopticon For This Post:

Cidersomerset (25th December 2013), Dennis Leahy (27th December 2013), Nasu (24th December 2013), sunflower (27th December 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

The one X factor they don't count on is the EMV's protecting earth , as they did on mercury ... an EMV wrapped itself completely around the planet and absorbed the solar blast ... you can see them around the sun , they look like energy rods , they can change shape and size at will according to the task at hand ... http://www.om-page.de/james_horak.html
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Cidersomerset (25th December 2013), DeDukshyn (24th December 2013), TraineeHuman (24th December 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Netherlands Avalon Member Paranormal's Avatar
    Thanks

Many people like Ed Dames feel this will happen, but his timeline has already passed, so who knows when it will happen?
    "There will be in the next generation or so a pharmacological method [FLOURIDE, ANTI-DEPRESANTS…] of making people love their servitude and producing dictatorship without tears… producing a kind of painless concentration camp for entire societies so that people will in fact have their liberties taken away from them but will rather enjoy it [AFTER 9/11]." - Aldous Huxley 1961 speech:"Contented with your servitude"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paranormal For This Post:

Cidersomerset (25th December 2013), Referee (24th December 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

time to buy sleeping bags for the North Pole, and boots and coats - if in Canadian winter... hint! hint!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

DeDukshyn (24th December 2013), Milneman (27th December 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    time to buy sleeping bags for the North Pole, and boots and coats - if in Canadian winter... hint! hint!
    If event consequence length > 1 year -- that will be an inevitability. I'd also have to get a good rifle or bow (preferably) and hunt and eat animals for food, much to Akashic's and Abhaya's chagrin -- but hey, at least I'd be hunting and killing my own - big difference in my opinion from eating mass produced meats ... Likely head closer to the west coast where winters are more gentle, but not so close that tsunami's are a risk

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    The one X factor they don't count on is the EMV's protecting earth , as they did on mercury ... an EMV wrapped itself completely around the planet and absorbed the solar blast ... you can see them around the sun , they look like energy rods , they can change shape and size at will according to the task at hand ... http://www.om-page.de/james_horak.html
    I'm pretty sure the Sun does have a role in a good way, the problem is not ***ing up the earth in the process -- this may be where EMVs come in, to see it from a hybrid of yours and mine perspectives, as indicated. Give it a consider
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

seko (28th December 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

We are, if I am not mistaken, currently in the Weyeb, the accursed Dark Days at the end of the year (Winter Solstice) if you follow the Mayan calendar.
    This period is ruled by the Bat God, Cama Zotz. He rules over darkness and all that is evil and accursed.

I saw the form of Cama Zotz during one of my meditation sessions about 4 years ago, maybe more recent, 3 years or so.
    It was in the context of a coronal mass ejection.

However, the good news is, there was no date attached to the event (although I felt a sense of somewhat imminent fear at the time).
    It might have been the summer before the earthquake in Japan that was so huge.

You would probably laugh, but I drew a picture of Cama Zotz watching our planet being hit by what you would describe as a kill shot.
    The medium was chalk and the backdrop was my sidewalk.

In the Popol Vuh, a South American mythological account of creation and warfare, the superhuman Hero Twins eventually confront the Bat God Cama Zotz.
    They resorted to hiding in caves, described literally as the inside of a blow gun (confined space such as a lava tube), in order to tolerate the "darkness" inflicted by Cama Zotz.

We are in the Dark Days of the Mayan year. The days of the bat.
    But in terms of the end times of our species, I think the calendar is still open.

I could be wrong.

P.s. the Cherokee and the Maya apparently linked Venus to fatal events... and they lived quite far apart... hmmmmmmm

P.p.s. to read about the calendar and to check my information about the Weyeb and Cama Zotz, refer to:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar

The Haab' was the Maya solar calendar made up of eighteen months of twenty days each plus a period of five days ("nameless days") at the end of the year known as Wayeb' (or Uayeb in 16th-century orthography). The five days of Wayeb', were thought to be a dangerous time. Foster (2002) writes, "During Wayeb, portals between the mortal realm and the Underworld dissolved. No boundaries prevented the ill-intending deities from causing disasters." To ward off these evil spirits, the Maya had customs and rituals they practiced during Wayeb'. For example, people avoided leaving their houses and washing or combing their hair. Bricker (1982) estimates that the Haab' was first used around 550 BC with a starting point of the winter solstice.[18]

Winter solstice is an astronomical phenomenon which for the Northern Hemisphere occurs in December and which for the Southern Hemisphere occurs in June.

For the Northern Hemisphere, the moment of winter solstice is when the sun's elevation with respect to the North Pole is at its most negative value since the previous December. (The elevation with respect to the South Pole is at its greatest since the previous December). The hemisphere has its longest night and shortest day around the moment of solstice with the night within the Arctic being 24 hours long.

Analogous remarks hold for the Southern Hemisphere. Thus, for the Southern Hemisphere, at the moment of its winter solstice in June, the sun is at its greatest height as observed from the North Pole.[1][2]

Depending on one's position on the globe, the December solstice usually occurs on the 21st and the 22nd and the June solstice usually occurs on June the 20th or 21st. However, it is sometimes possible for a solstice to coincide with three different dates. Thus the December 2016 solstice coincides with 20th of the month in American Samoa, with the 21st in London and with the 22nd at Kiritimati.

Winter Solstice: 21 December-22 December - midwinter
    Dongzhi Festival - a celebration of Winter
    Soyal: 21 December - Zuni and Hopi
    Yalda: 21 December - The turning point, Winter Solstice. As the longest night of the year and the beginning of the lengthening of days, Shabe Yaldā or Shabe Chelle is an Iranian festival celebrating the victory of light and goodness over darkness and evil. Shabe yalda means 'birthday eve.' According to Persian mythology, Mithra was born at dawn on the 22nd of December to a virgin mother. He symbolizes light, truth, goodness, strength, and friendship. Herodotus reports that this was the most important holiday of the year for contemporary Persians. In modern times Persians celebrate Yalda by staying up late or all night, a practice known as Shab Chera meaning 'night gazing'. Fruits and nuts are eaten, especially pomegranates and watermelons, whose red color invokes the crimson hues of dawn and symbolize Mithra.
    Mōdraniht: or Mothers' Night, the Saxon winter solstice festival.
    Saturnalia: the Roman winter solstice festival
    Pancha Ganapati: Five-day festival in honor of Lord Ganesha. December 21–25. Celebrated by Hindus in USA.
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 24th December 2013 at 04:51.

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

As far as I know, CMEs are not predictable except as a probability, but we no that a big one could damage a lot of infrastructure since nothing has been done to protect it. I don't think the US would be the sole 'target' of a natural event of this kind. It would have to be artificial for that.

There is one possible source however that can be predicted: the G2 cloud set to fall into the galactic core in April of next year, as reported by Paul LaViolette. This could be a trigger for one of his galactic superwaves.
    See http://etheric.com/g2-cloud-predicte...s-close-to-gc/

The damage would be done if this cloud were to contain an unseen star. And it would happen in real time because in the time taken for the light to travel here to show us what we see the dangerous radiation will have already made the journey too. LaViolette suggests we spend a couple of days indoors.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (27th December 2013), Gardener (25th December 2013), Nasu (24th December 2013), panopticon (24th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (24th December 2013), Wind (24th December 2013)

18. Link to Post #10
    Japan Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 times in 339 posts

That confirms what I read before, it is no sun kill shot in reality but HARP to be used to bring down the grid. This report is just to deviate on what really may cause the shut down , a "natural" cause is always preferable, as no further questions needed to be answer.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azt For This Post:

Dennis Leahy (27th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (25th December 2013)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

Quote Posted by Azt (here)
    That confirms what I read before, it is no sun kill shot in reality but HARP to be used to bring down the grid. This report is just to deviate on what really may cause the shut down , a "natural" cause is always preferable, as no further questions needed to be answer.
    I don't know what you are referring to as 'that'. Anything untoward at the galactic core would have an almost immediate effect on the Sun, and this would be a natural cause, not because it is preferable but because it happens. This is what the underground bases and the bases on Mars are all about. It remains to be seen if the April event doesn't turn out to be fairly harmless.
    Paul LaViolette is someone to be taken seriously. He has the ear of mainstream scientists while remaining more of an alternative researcher.

Galactic cores do tend to get up to some violent stuff, as is seen in other galaxies. Quasars for example are likely galactic core explosions that are bright enough to dim out the light from the entire remainder of the galaxy. It remains to be seen how this might be a positive vector for evolution, but I somehow doubt whether on this scale the PTB are calling all the shots. That's what they would like us to believe.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

Wind (27th December 2013)

22. Link to Post #12
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

you dont believe this milarkey do you ?

a possible sun flare might knock out transformers and the united states will be without power for 2 years ? man ...

use a generator ! , rub some sticks together ! buy matches and boil water on a fire ! throw your i phone away : 0 )

Actually im willing that sun flare to hit sooner ! come on ... mmmmmm !

N

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,647 times in 18,693 posts

Quote you dont believe this milarkey do you ?
    If it does hit , it will be sorted but in the short term
    virtually everything is run by electronics, the towns
    and cities would be chaotic and crime would be rife
    as food ran out and a rush to the countryside could
    also bring problems. Hopefully it will not happen.

24. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 times in 997 posts

I tend to agree with you NN, with all the cr@p that is going on, I find myself thinking roll on carrigton event.
    Reinstall coal and log fires, candles, bed socks, and the rest. Then I remind myself that water comes through the pipes via a pump, same with sewerage out, same with fuel pumps, same with supermarket/bank doors, the old and the sick without warmth.

Only this week our bbc news was examining means of protecting transformers. they said a solar event of significant proportions is possible in the foreseable future, and probable in the longer term, and inevitable eventually.
    Using terms like kill shot are irresponsible, and an attempt to dramatise for the fear effect. Yes it would initially be very difficult until plans were actioned, but 2 years??

who is to say that US will take the brunt of it, there are many areas involved, I dare say the african continent would likely be the least to sufffer
    Quote Posted by Nanoo Nanoo (here)
    you dont believe this milarkey do you ?

a possible sun flare might knock out transformers and the united states will be without power for 2 years ? man ...

use a generator ! , rub some sticks together ! buy matches and boil water on a fire ! throw your i phone away : 0 )

Actually im willing that sun flare to hit sooner ! come on ... mmmmmm !

N
    "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves" C. G. Jung

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Gardener For This Post:

Nanoo Nanoo (28th December 2013)

26. Link to Post #15
    Sao Tome Unsubscribed
    where ever there is a smile, ill be there :-)
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,412 times in 1,702 posts

Yes i understand and sorry to sound like im having a go .. personally i think if it did happen it would be the best thing for America.

no more i phones ha !

N

27. Link to Post #16
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Ok well listen...Rob Ford seems to have Toronto under control with how many thousands of families without power for 7-8 days now?

If a crack-smoking beer guzzling hooker-molesting-in-council-chambers mayor can keep it under control for a week.....aaaaaaaaaah you get the idea.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Nanoo Nanoo (28th December 2013)

29. Link to Post #17
    Language
    Poor english
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,972 times in 737 posts

I do not understand why but, I feel this is soon, I have for years been stocking on food stuffs but now, I believe it to be a waste of time as I do not feel we as in europe need too...
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

+ Reply to Thread