+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are we living a pre-scripted story (Implications, Revelations, and the Future)?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Robin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,584 times in 1,239 posts

Default Are we living a pre-scripted story (Implications, Revelations, and the Future)?

Hey Lads and Lasses,

I am interested in spurring a discussion concerning the theory that humanity goes through a pre-scripted story on its path to individual and collective enlightenment.

I've read David Wilcock's The Synchronicity Key a few months ago, and I've been trying to digest some of his ideas since. Many of you have some qualms with Wilcock, I understand, but let us try and stray away from his ego and his predictions....and focus on his research.

Whether or not you like David Wilcock as a person, I think that he makes some very good points when linking science, spirituality, and the path of humanity that we can all glean something from. Isn't this what Avalon is all about?

For the majority who have not read his book, or even pay attention to anything that he does, I am not so interested in getting into specifics on this thread. It does not matter if you read the book, because I am looking to discuss some main points, including:
    • Do Earth and humanity go through cycles, guided by cosmological systems?
    • Is there a pre-written script that humanity follows for each cycle?
    • Is there a villain written in the script to guide humanity to look inwards on its path to enlightenment?
    • Do the same people continue to incarnate into similar positions of power until humanity learns its lessons?
    • Can we learn how to progress from looking back at history and understanding that our behavior is guided by these cycles?
    • Is this a universal law that is engraved with all civilizations on all planets for a three-dimensional experience?
    David makes some correlations in his book depicting the United States as the "Roman Empire of the 21st century." He makes some good points by correlating important events, such as 9/11, with events that occured during the reign of the Roman empire. He suggests that these important events all happen at the same juncture in each cycle, with there being many cycles of different spans of years.

These cycles seem to correlate with cosmological cycles that influence our behavior at the same point in each cycle...which may give astrology more importance and relevance than ever before.

He also makes correlations with the same people incarnating again and again through the cycles, usually doing similar acts with similar positions of power (i.e. Richard Nixon and the watergate scandal correlating with Nixon's previous lifetime in the Roman Empire in a similar scandal).

Although I do not take every word of David Wilcock as fact or even a possibility, he really has done a great job with this book. It is a new idea that may have some great implications for humanity if we can recognize these cycles, so we can break out of them and progress into a new paradigm.

If the United States is the "reincarnation" of the Roman Empire, for instance, let us not forget about the decline of the Roman Empire and all of the disasterous (world-wide) implications that came from it. If the United States can learn from its past mistakes (from our past cycle), maybe we can have time to counter this horrific decline and enter an era of world peace.

Please, take the time to think about these concepts. Also, there is plenty of room to bash Wilcock elsewhere. I am looking to analyze this theory objectively, regardless of who has done the research and created the theory.

"Rather than love, than fame, than money, give me truth."
    ~Henry David Thoreau

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

aranuk (27th December 2013), carryattune (17th March 2014), chocolate (28th December 2013), Cidersomerset (27th December 2013), conk (31st December 2013), DNA (27th December 2013), Freed Fox (29th December 2013), ginnyk (27th December 2013), halffull (27th December 2013), john willcox (16th February 2014), Joseph McAree (27th December 2013), JRS (28th December 2013), Kalamos (28th December 2013), kirolak (4th February 2014), Mike (28th December 2013), mosquito (28th December 2013), Realeyes (1st February 2014), selinam (28th December 2013), shadowstalker (28th December 2013), Shikasta (28th December 2013), sunflower (27th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013), Wind (27th December 2013)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: Are we living a pre-scripted story (Implications, Revelations, and the Future)?

I have been aware of cycles and how they effect us from the simple 24 hrs we use
    to signify the passing of a day to all the others. History seems to repeat itself ,
    particularly war & peace. This is a massive subject, but I think there is a purpose
    for us being here greater than to end up as ash or soil, which in itself is part
    of the planets cycle I suppose. As for finding enlightenment to others levels
    etc who knows ? I believe part of me is eternal and lasts for ever, but what
    that is I am not sure among all the theories....So Yes I'm looking for
    'Enlightenment'....LOL

I'm trying to remember what Bob & ion said about it. There is no such
    thing as time just one gigantic now. We are all 'gods' wonderful human
    creators, who have created everything in this reality, experiencing
    an infinity loop in 'no time'....There is more to it, but I cannot remember
    off the top of my head...

Quote Are we living a pre-scripted story (Implications, Revelations, and the Future)?
    Ion has also inferred that everything that has ever happened or will happen
    is happening simultaneously all the time and if you bring in the infinite
    parallel worlds things get weirder, and all in the 'infinity loop'.

Plus we are all pure electricity entities in non - physical we can manifest
    anything in that form, so are we really living in a maitrix ? Basically anything
    and everything is possible , though we cannot touch and physically create
    in non-physical, which is why we experience this reality for the physical
    joys of the senses. In the none physical we live a bliss full experience .
    But even bliss can be boring over eons , so we crave for contrast, which
    is the cycle that draws us back to the physical plane. Again there is more
    to it but that just flew off the key pad...LOL...
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 27th December 2013 at 19:59.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

carryattune (17th March 2014), DNA (27th December 2013), halffull (27th December 2013), Joseph McAree (27th December 2013), Kalamos (28th December 2013), Mike (28th December 2013), mosquito (28th December 2013), Robin (27th December 2013), Soul Safari (28th December 2013), sunflower (27th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,713 times in 293 posts

Default Re: Are we living a pre-scripted story (Implications, Revelations, and the Future)?

Idea of cycles is based on concept of time. But as we know, time is relative. And good question is that is there actually time? Or is everything happening now - we puny humans just fail to understand it and buffer experiences in some way which makes time?

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Arak For This Post:

carryattune (17th March 2014), Cidersomerset (27th December 2013), DNA (27th December 2013), halffull (27th December 2013), Joseph McAree (27th December 2013), Robin (27th December 2013), Tesla_WTC_Solution (27th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013), Wind (27th December 2013)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Gregg Braden talks of the same things.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Arak (27th December 2013), binemaya (27th December 2013), carryattune (17th March 2014), Cidersomerset (27th December 2013), conk (31st December 2013), DNA (27th December 2013), greybeard (27th December 2013), halffull (27th December 2013), Mike (28th December 2013), Robin (27th December 2013), TODD & NORA (28th December 2013)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Arak (here)
    Idea of cycles is based on concept of time. But as we know, time is relative. And good question is that is there actually time? Or is everything happening now - we puny humans just fail to understand it and buffer experiences in some way which makes time?
    Well it's not irrational to conceptualize time on the basis of cycles around a sun. In this sense, time as we think of it is linear.

But time in cycles can also be non-linear, in that cause and effect is not the only factor in the progression of life. The way I see it is that a cycle progresses linearly, which is how we percieve it to learn lessons, but consmology and space play roles in shaping the progression of the cycle...thereby influencing our behavior a different way.
    Last edited by Robin; 27th December 2013 at 20:00.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Arak (27th December 2013), carryattune (17th March 2014), Cidersomerset (27th December 2013), DNA (27th December 2013), halffull (27th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013), Wind (27th December 2013)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by SamwiseTheBrave (here)
    Do Earth and humanity go through cycles, guided by cosmological systems?
    Is there a pre-written script that humanity follows for each cycle?
    Is there a villain written in the script to guide humanity to look inwards on its path to enlightenment?
    Do the same people continue to incarnate into similar positions of power until humanity learns its lessons?
    Can we learn how to progress from looking back at history and understanding that our behavior is guided by these cycles?
    Is this a universal law that is engraved with all civilizations on all planets for a three-dimensional experience?
    I have always thought this was the case on a micro level with the individual. I think we are born with incarnational clothes so to speak, and these clothes are psychological hangups and predispositions that help insure we engage and enter into drama with one another.
    I used to think this was something to overcome like the sage in the cave who meditates and overcomes these things, but I do not think that is the case anymore.
    I think it helps to acknowledge and through introspection know yourself, but I do not think it necessary to try and enter into a constant state of nirvanna nor do I think it a good idea to seclude yourself from your incarnational comrades of whom you came here to learn with.

Now on the Macro as far as societal implications with what you are saying I have a slightly different theory, but I do not think it is in opposition to what you are saying.
    First I will state this though, it is about those clothes I spoke of earlier.
    In so far as I can tell it is my opinion those clothes are alive.
    The reasons for illogical addiction, greed, self loathing, impatience, inflated self importance, self destruction and martyrdom related suicide fantasies and the reason these folks are rarely cured by the psychological sciences is because we are all burdoned by a parasitical life form and this is how it feeds, is through the impulses of these negative traits.

Again back to the Macro.
    So as far as society goes, yea, I kind of think society is an entity in and of it self.
    And yes, I think it also is a parasitic leach of sorts.

The thing about the societal entity is that I think it is indeed possible to extracate yourself from it.
    I think it much more possible and or worthwhile to cut your connection to the society entity and stop feeding it than the individual entity that is more intimatly associated with you.

I'm trying to summarize all of this but I'm having a difficult time doing so. I talk about the Macro version at length here. Parasitic Gods

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

bennycog (28th December 2013), carryattune (17th March 2014), Cidersomerset (27th December 2013), Kalamos (28th December 2013), Mike (28th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013), Wind (27th December 2013)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 30,977 times in 5,003 posts

There are other possibilities as well. There is a series of children’s stories ‘in which you are the hero’; they have numbered sections and have mileposts indicating alternative routes. If you want this or that, go to section x; if you want that or the other, go to section y. In other words, there are multiple storylines all using the same material in different ways. But the actual elements may be fairly limited in number, just as there are only 36 facial types for billions of people.

Or you have the period play or opera performed in contemporary or some other anachronistic dress. So you get Mozart’s Don Giovanni and his sidekick Leporello portrayed as bikers, but they could equally well be done as Greeks or Romans. Plus ça change, plus c’est la meme chose.

If we see a parallel between roles at different times, we may see them as the same person incarnating repeatedly. General Patton in previous lives is said to have been a whole string of major generals (pun intended ) This strikes me as a very impoverished form of slow development where everyone would basically be typecast and hammering away at the same task until it comes right. But maybe that is how it works.

The alternative would be to see different players acting out the same role in turn, after rehearsing the same script. This would be more compatible with karma, a concept I am not satisfied with, but which stipulates that what goes around comes around rather than your getting to dish out more of the same. On the other hand, on an individual level, when you are not learning something, the lesson tends to keep coming back in different guises, and when it stops maybe it is because the lesson has finally been learnt.

However, in terms of History as opposed to personal histories, very little progress if any seems to have been made. This may well be due to a negative learning curve on the part of entities with increasing power issues to face that were not resolved on a smaller scale.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to araucaria For This Post:

carryattune (17th March 2014), chocolate (28th December 2013), DNA (27th December 2013), Inaiá (28th December 2013), Kalamos (28th December 2013), Krist (28th December 2013), Mike (28th December 2013), mosquito (28th December 2013), Robin (27th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Well it's not irrational to conceptualize time on the basis of cycles around a sun. In this sense, time as we think of it is linear.

But time in cycles can also be non-linear, in that cause and effect is not the only factor in the progression of life. The way I see it is that a cycle progresses linearly, which is how we percieve it to learn lessons, but consmology and space play roles in shaping the progression of the cycle...thereby influencing our behavior a different way.
    Yes. I do agree that in a 4 dimensional reality as humans we perceive planets rounding a sun, solar systems whirl in space and galaxies do the same. But what about in higher dimensions, is there actually distance? Or time. Or nothing. Are we just one big cosmic om? Godmind playing with himself? I dont know, but somehow at the moment I feel that this all is just an illusion.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arak For This Post:

carryattune (17th March 2014), DNA (27th December 2013), Robin (27th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013)

17. Link to Post #9
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Is relativism relative?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

carryattune (17th March 2014), DNA (27th December 2013), Inaiá (28th December 2013)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Now on the Macro as far as societal implications with what you are saying I have a slightly different theory, but I do not think it is in opposition to what you are saying.
    First I will state this though, it is about those clothes I spoke of earlier.
    In so far as I can tell it is my opinion those clothes are alive.
    The reasons for illogical addiction, greed, self loathing, impatience, inflated self importance, self destruction and martyrdom related suicide fantasies and the reason these folks are rarely cured by the psychological sciences is because we are all burdoned by a parasitical life form and this is how it feeds, is through the impulses of these negative traits.

Again back to the Macro.
    So as far as society goes, yea, I kind of think society is an entity in and of it self.
    And yes, I think it also is a parasitic leach of sorts.

The thing about the societal entity is that I think it is indeed possible to extracate yourself from it.
    I think it much more possible and or worthwhile to cut your connection to the society entity and stop feeding it than the individual entity that is more intimatly associated with you.

I'm trying to summarize all of this but I'm having a difficult time doing so. I talk about the Macro version at length here. Parasitic Gods
    You birng up some good points. I'm especially interested in fitting in the Illumasites (Illuminati parasites) and other entities who have been acting as parasites on humanity for thousands of years. Do they disrupt the natural cycle, or do they just exaggerate the depth to which the cycle functions?

If I were to make any claim, it would be that Earth is not a normal planet and that the people of this planet are a people of extremes. We have extreme emotions, due either to our cocktail of ET DNA or manipulation of our genes, which allows us to interact in our story-line to extremes. We have the capability of being the most loving of individuals (mammalian tendencies) or most cruel of individuals (reptilian tendencies), and as many here on Avalon have expressed...it is up to us to balance the two, which are both important aspects of the human brain and psyche.

I also speculate that other planets do go through simialr story-lines, but due to their mellow situation (i.e. not infiltrated by inter-dimensional ETs), they have a less-extreme story-line.

In other words, other three dimensional civilizations on other planets also have a villain that they must overcome to reach enlightenment, but the villain is nowhere near as extreme as the Illuminati or Reptilians. I think the terms "prison planet" and "planet of sorrows" are quite fitting for Earth.

But even though these story-lines are an integral part of our existence, our free-will allows us to mold our reality in whatever way we focus our intentions. In other words, when we are in one specific part of a cycle which is meant to be a catostrophic event, our collective emotions can either produce a huge cataclismic event that wipes out much of humanity, or we can produce a small cataclismic event that only creates a minor earthquake.

It just depends on the individual and collective spirtual development...paired with an understanding of the shared human consciousness.

I think that the terms service-to-self and service-to-others orientations, and what is said in Ra's LAW OF ONE, are also very fitting to describe civilizations as they progress through cycles. It is all about balance. Every planetary society has both orientations, which keeps balance, but it is up to the civilization to decide which orientation to embrace as a whole as it evolves. From what I understand, the STO orientation must be fully adopted at some point on our path to oneness.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

carryattune (17th March 2014), DNA (27th December 2013), Inaiá (28th December 2013), Mike (28th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013), Wind (27th December 2013)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Yes. I do agree that in a 4 dimensional reality as humans we perceive planets rounding a sun, solar systems whirl in space and galaxies do the same. But what about in higher dimensions, is there actually distance? Or time. Or nothing. Are we just one big cosmic om? Godmind playing with himself? I dont know, but somehow at the moment I feel that this all is just an illusion.
    It is mind-numbing to even think about what goes on in higher dimensions. There is so much we have yet to figure out on this density/dimension first! We can't get too ahead of ourselves, now!

But I speculate that higher dimensions abandon the concept of story-lines, but still take part in learning lessons...of a different nature. I'd also speculate that higher dimensions, assuming that they have progressed enough to leave their home planet and solar system, have also escaped the trap of cycles.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Arak (27th December 2013), carryattune (17th March 2014), DNA (27th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks

It is mind-numbing to even think about what goes on in higher dimensions. There is so much we have yet to figure out on this density/dimension first! We can't get too ahead of ourselves, now!

But I speculate that higher dimensions abandon the concept of story-lines, but still take part in learning lessons...of a different nature. I'd also speculate that higher dimensions, assuming that they have progressed enough to leave their home planet and solar system, have also escaped the trap of cycles.
    Yes. But that would be topic for whole another thread. I.e. I don't want to steer this thread too far from it's original course. Better evolve step by step as you said

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arak For This Post:

DNA (27th December 2013), john willcox (16th February 2014), Robin (27th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013)

25. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,733 times in 4,313 posts

I'm especially interested in fitting in the Illumasites (Illuminati parasites) and other entities who have been acting as parasites on humanity for thousands of years. Do they disrupt the natural cycle, or do they just exaggerate the depth to which the cycle functions?
    It is my belief that souls who do not enter the tunnel of light upon death become hungry ghosts. Bill Ryan mentions these hungry ghosts here HITCHHIKERS (a sort of partial possession) - and how to handle them. If you do not cross over into the tunnel of light, your energy body is going to die, and when that happens you will have no choice but to feed off of the energy bodies of the living.

Entering the tunnel of light has always been termed a enjoyable experience by those who return and tell of the experience, as is the case here with Pam Reynolds. This is the best documented NDE of all time in my experience and helps to illustrate the good in crossing over.

It is my belief that if you do not cross over and in turn become one of these hungry ghosts, you are then more at risk of being recruited by the Demiurge, and basically turned into a shadow being.

It would be these "shadow beings" who I think you refer to when you say "Illuminites", because it is my experience that these folks are recruited into a dark spiritual pyramid scheme of parasitism. A rank and file system with lower caste "shadow beings" doing the actual feeding and the higher ups in turn feeding on the lower rank workers.

I have a story where I note one of these shadow beings HERE if interested.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

conk (31st December 2013), Inaiá (28th December 2013), Kalamos (28th December 2013), Mike (28th December 2013), Robin (27th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013), Wind (28th December 2013)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    It would be these "shadow beings" who I think you refer to when you say "Illuminites", because it is my experience that these folks are recruited into a dark spiritual pyramid scheme of parasitism. A rank and file system with lower caste "shadow beings" doing the actual feeding and the higher ups in turn feeding on the lower rank workers.
    You may have just fitted another piece of the puzzle in my quest to decipher the hidden meanings behind Tolkien's Lord of the Rings. The Nazgul, or the Ringwraiths, fit this exact description you provided.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

DNA (27th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013)

29. Link to Post #15
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Hello guys, a short thought here in a big thread:

I read once that energy learns, that it follows familiar channels.
    This could explain in part why events seem to happen in groups, or to repeat --
    It's not just a mind trick or some religious vestigial inclination...
    I think it is very real.

What do quantum physicists say about the observer and his effect on the outcome of an event?
    I think they say that seeing the future changes the future.

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 768 posts

We have the capability of being the most loving of individuals (mammalian tendencies) or most cruel of individuals (reptilian tendencies)
    Sorry Samwise, but I really dislike this generalization. What proof is there that cruelty is a reptilian tendency? Or that they cannot be loving? I would strongly suggest that there is no factual basis to such ideas, but rather paranoid, mammal/human-centric mythology.

I might come back later on to touch upon the larger subject (which I do think is legitimate), but I often feel the need to speak against this seeming prejudice that pops up here all too often, unfortunately.
    Last edited by Freed Fox; 28th December 2013 at 00:33.
    Mercy, forgiveness, and compassion are the most virtuous forms of love
    Let your heart not be hardened by injustice and tribulation

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Freed Fox For This Post:

alh02 (28th December 2013), chocolate (28th December 2013), Robin (28th December 2013), Shezbeth (28th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013)

32. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

IIRC, the dimensionless or timeless self, the one integrating with the given avatar of the given self, is not all that more intelligent than the avatar it integrates with. What does enable it's intelligence to be slightly more clear, is the lack of emotional turmoil and lack of instinct.

Emotion and instinct both coloring the formation and direction of all thoughts. which is why we, as avatars, are driven by the vibrational patterns of astrology, which is about 3d physicality and time, as a set, in motion, uni-directionally.

At the same time we are driven by the astrology, in our lives, in the pressures and flow of all things..we can also sense intellectually. But through this filtering and polarizing 'soup'.

There is actually two, all under the umbrella of ego and consciousness, as a set-pair that is felt by most... to be in integration. The avatar and it's emotion instinct coloration filter, and the consciousness that integrates with and speaks through it.

As for the story being pre-scripted, yes, to a certain degree, this appears to be true.

Some of us can see through time to some degree. The closer in time the event is the more it is resolved out of probability, into a reality that is coming into being. The bigger the event, the better it can be seen through the mists of time.

I've covered a lot of this before, in some of the threads on this forum. In the holographic universe thread, which I just added a very important bit to, I link to a PDF of a book by Micheal newton, a hypnotist. In there is a good description of 'premeditation in time and humanity'. Probably one of the best reads that anyone on this forum will ever have. (top 10 kinda thing).
    Last edited by Carmody; 28th December 2013 at 03:00.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

alh02 (28th December 2013), conk (31st December 2013), Mike (28th December 2013), Robin (28th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013), Wind (28th December 2013)

34. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,307 times in 5,692 posts

It's my understanding that souls arrive on earth to practice certain spiritual principles in a relativistic environment - things like compassion, patience, humility etc...

If the earth was morally pristine, there would be no space to exercise these spiritual muscles. So, when examined from this angle, the "script" theory, or predestination, seems accurate. Of course, as we all know, the universe often resists labels and expectations and tends to operate dichotomously. Hence, free will and predestination existing in the same place and at the same time...

How exactly? Not sure...

Some cond itions on earth can and should be changed. And they will. Some can't, or won't for some time. The point, from a larger perspective, isn't to spend every minute of one's life " fighting the machine". The point is to establish a healthy spiritual optimism despite it. Its as the man once said: sometimes what matters most is how well you walk through the fire. Its * easy* to attain a spiritual peace on a retreat or in an ashram. Too easy. I believe much more growth is attained when this state is reached amidst the turmoil of an unbalanced planet, like earth. Its said that the souls incarnating on earth are among the most fearless and most respected on the "other side". I believe it.

As Tesla pointed out, energy has memory and responds to patterns. But like any bad habit, we'll eventually kick it. At that point the earth will be forced to look upon other worlds for its moral relativism...which is a good thing.
    Last edited by Mike; 28th December 2013 at 03:34.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

alh02 (28th December 2013), Cidersomerset (28th December 2013), DNA (28th December 2013), Freed Fox (28th December 2013), Mike Gorman (28th December 2013), Robin (28th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013), Wind (28th December 2013)

36. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Freed Fox (here)
    We have the capability of being the most loving of individuals (mammalian tendencies) or most cruel of individuals (reptilian tendencies)
    Sorry Samwise, but I really dislike this generalization. What proof is there that cruelty is a reptilian tendency? Or that they cannot be loving? I would strongly suggest that there is no factual basis to such ideas, but rather paranoid, mammal/human-centric mythology.

I might come back later on to touch upon the larger subject (which I do think is legitimate), but I often feel the need to speak against this seeming prejudice that pops up here all too often, unfortunately.
    I'm actually very glad that you pointed this out to me, friend. In fact, I 100% agree with you. I think I made this generalization because my mind was focused on other thoughts...

What I meant to say is that the Reptilian part of our brain is capable of very strong emotions that we must control.

But thanks again for calling me out, as I also dislike it when this generalization is made.
    ~Henry David Thoreau

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robin For This Post:

Arak (28th December 2013), Freed Fox (28th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Quote Are we living a pre-scripted story (Implications, Revelations, and the Future)?
    I personally don't believe that to be the case.

The way I see it, our futures are determined primarily as a result of our thoughts, words, deeds, actions, and reactions, moment by moment as we live out our lives.

In everything we do, there is always a choice or decision to be made.

It is this choice that gives us the freedom (free will) to create our own futures and choose our own destinies.

We need to constantly be mindful of this though, as the universe (Source, God, or whatever you want to call it) will always seek to hold us accountable for our choices, decisions, actions, and creations.

It (the universe) is constantly seeking to keep itself in a state of balance, so for every action we take there will always be an equal and opposite reaction to counter it so that balance can be maintained.

The universe does not judge, so we are free to make our own choices and create whatever realities we so desire, but with that freedom of choice comes a certain amount of responsibility.

If, for example, our actions and subsequent creations end up having an effect on others around us, we can (and should) expect that at some point (whether in our current lifetime or a future one), the universe will seek to balance itself out by setting things up so that we experience those creations for ourselves... all aspects of them... remember it's about balance.

Such is the nature of the universal law of cause and effect, which is closely tied in with reincarnational and karmic cycles.

The old saying, "be careful what you wish for", certainly holds true when one looks at it from this perspective

Some of us come here with a plan, goal, or certain objective in mind, but it is by no means a given that we will achieve the desired outcome in each of our lifetimes.

Whether or not we succeed in that regard is entirely dependent upon the choices/decisions we make, and the actions we take to help bring our desires/objectives into reality..

So in that sense, it is not only important what we wish for, but also how we go about creating and setting up the circumstances required to make our wishes/ objectives come to fruition.

Ultimately I believe we are the architects of our own destinies, but in
    the end, where we go and how we get there is what's most important.
    Last edited by alh02; 28th December 2013 at 07:01.
    “There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.”
    ~ Albert Camus

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to alh02 For This Post:

conk (31st December 2013), freedom4all (28th December 2013), Hazel (28th December 2013), Mike (28th December 2013), Robin (28th December 2013), william r sanford72 (28th December 2013), Wind (28th December 2013)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast