+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Predictions 2014 - start sending healing and love now!!!

1. Link to Post #1
    Portugal Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,751 times in 1,168 posts

Default Predictions 2014 - from several sources

Internationally Renowned Psychic Medium & Author Spirit Man Joseph Tittel for this very special edition of Journey Into The Paranormal. Joseph Tittel was the only Psychic in the world to specifically predict the March 11, 2011 Japan tsunami, earthquake & nuclear disasters. This is just one of hundreds of specific predictions that have made Joseph Tittel's predictions the most listened too and most Gooogled predictions on the net, aside from the late Nostradamus. Some of Joseph's other predictions have included the outbreak of the swine flu, the gulf oil disaster, the cruise ship disaster in Italy along with the deaths of Michael Jackson, Nelson Mandela, Heath Ledger and hundreds of other specific predictions that have come to pass.

Join Joseph Tittel for This Special 3 hour Edition Of Psychic Medium Joseph Tittel's 5th Annual World And Celebrity Predictions. Joseph will discuss what he has received in meditation for the coming year and years ahead and share that live with his listeners new years Day. Joseph will go through each of his predictions and at some point will open the phone lines to answer your 2014 questions and deliver messages from spirit. A show you will not want to miss......

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/spiritm...ns-5th-edition

---------------------------------
    WATER IS A MAJOR ISSUE
    Last edited by MariaDine; 9th January 2014 at 19:25.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

Alpha (5th January 2014), delaware (5th January 2014), Fairy Friend (5th January 2014), genevieve (5th January 2014), raregem (5th January 2014), sheme (5th January 2014), WhiteFeather (5th January 2014), Wind (5th January 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,391 times in 1,757 posts

Default Re: Preditions 2014 - start sendind healing and love now!!!

Thanks for this it was quite interesting, A brief summary here for the interested- over 50 predictions including .

1/Earth shift mid March beginning April, possibly January 11th important.

2/The world needs Hilary Clinton as president but Bush boys/Illuminati will try to prevent this.

3/ Major quake in Japan. 4/ Serious rat problem in china rats migrate and cause new disease.

5/China and Japan possible war. 6/Fukushima poison spreads. 7/ USA and China have trade rows. 8/ Huge Earth changes. Floods

Earth quakes, Tsunamis, Typhoons In china and Philippines. 9/ Bridge collapse.
    10/ Pole shift, 11/Antarctica breakup and possibly due to earth quakes movement.

12/Forest fires that travel through 3 states in USA. 13/ Australia fires (see campers on hill.) 14/ Three ring of fire volcanoes erupt.

15/Putin not to be trusted, Russia teams up with China and North Korea. 16/ Kim jong-un starts to kidnap and murder more dissenters and visitors.

17/ A Government puts Nuclear waste on Moon. 18/ George Zimmerman is shot. 19/Toronto mayor imprisoned and death.

20/Egypt -Archaeological discoveries how levitation built the pyramids.21/ New fish discovered. 22/New mammals discovered.

23/Unemployment goes down. 24/ Service To Self leaders ousted in many countries, revolutions.

25/ Hoover dam problems possible failure. 26/ Russia major quake. 27/ NZ dead fish and whales wash up, small quakes.

28/ Great Midwest destruction from tornadoes. 29/ plus new areas of the world effected by tornadoes never before seen.

30/ Rain storms like never before -dry rivers overflow, evacuations, Floods. 31/ Helicopter rescue goes wrong.

32/ Air balloons tangle and come down. 33/ elevator crashes cause cable snap. 34/Two bridges come down one in China One in US.

35/Germany has change of leader, weather issues and possible earthquake.

36/Royal family in great danger. 37/ Diana was murdered. 38/ Queen assassination danger by psychotic Gay. (Sees rifle and scope)).

39/Oil refinary explosion Alaska fish deaths oil/chemical pollution of sea.

40/Antarctic oil drilling really terrible thing. 41/ Record floods Melbourne Poland Indonesia .

42/African riots and revolution. 43/A beheading in a square could be N Korea or could be CIA hostage.

44/ But the changes will be good for the planet and the PTB begin to crumble.

Just found another page of my notes-

45/Fracking will poison water and cause disasters, Oil and refineries will pollute, The mother Earth will be vengeful, send love to our Mother Earth when ever you can.

46/USA Canada and Russia Secrets will come out.

47/Negative people will collapse. 48/ UFO's show up. 49/Three other life supporting Planets, 2 of which are inhabited by good kind and loving races. One Planet contains Greys they are not kind and gentle..

50/ A disaster in Washington. 51/ Gold price down in summer .

52/ World weather changes snow storms all over world, food prices rise, 53/ Florida orange crop failure due to cold. 54/ Lots of weather related deaths.

55/ Something unidentified explodes in the sky. 56/ Astronauts in trouble. 57/Satellite will be destroyed.

58/Shopping mal or school shooting in November- Britain USA or Russia. As people go crazy.

59/ Tsunami will occur with in days of the dead fish floating in chemical sea. damage lessened because of uninhabited island on path of tsunami.

60/Huge rise in cancer and new diseases, natural cures discovered for cancer -radio therapy abandoned.

61/Stocks drop in summer. Unemployment drops.

62/huge snowfall melt causes flooding.

63/Cruise ships carry illness and sees one sink.

64.Justin Beaver/Bieber? jailed. Larry king lung disease. Tyson falsly accused.

some more notes.....

65/ Obama care -court case -changes made.

66/ Iran and USA could start next World War, this war is all about OIL America wants all the world OIL.

67/Missile attacks seen ? carrier involved.

68/VIP kidnap ? N Korea.

69/Sunken wreck found with gold and jewels- Antarctic.
    Last edited by sheme; 7th January 2014 at 10:41.

4. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: Predictions 2014 - start sending healing and love now!!!

The world needs Hilary Clinton as president but Bush boys/Illuminati will try to prevent this.

That made me say what! Hilary is certainly part of the cabal and she is a very dangerous and a crazy lady. If she would be a leader then things would even worse than they are now. I suspect that the royal Queen of has many dark secrets too, she certainly doesn't have a kind soul.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

5. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

halffull (5th January 2014), karelia (7th January 2014), lelmaleh (9th January 2014), Orion197 (5th January 2014), Sidney (5th January 2014), Snookie (6th January 2014), WhiteFeather (5th January 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,970 times in 5,651 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    The world needs Hilary Clinton as president but Bush boys/Illuminati will try to prevent this.

That made me say what! Hilary is certainly part of the cabal and she is a very dangerous and a crazy lady. If she would be a leader then things would even worse than they are now. I suspect that the royal Queen of has many dark secrets too, she certainly doesn't have a kind soul.
    I couldnt agree with you more Wind. HELLary gives me the CREEPS to say the least. Her guilt is written all over her face IMO. Im quite sure she is a huge key part of this Cabal.
    HELLary and all her 3 Ring Ass-Clown Party Friends (Little Boy Bush, Pappa Daddy Bush, Big DICK Cheney, Donald Duck Rumsfeld and the many other casting cabal characters) are on this personal list of mine, of which these clowns need to be arrested immediately for crimes against humanity.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

halffull (5th January 2014), jackovesk (8th January 2014), lelmaleh (9th January 2014), Orion197 (5th January 2014), Sidney (5th January 2014), Snookie (6th January 2014), Wind (5th January 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

JUst found some more of my notes have tagged them on to the previous list.

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Great summary !!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MariaDine For This Post:

sheme (6th January 2014)

11. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,645 times in 689 posts

This guy sounds like a disinformation agent to me. If you throw enough darts you're bound to hit the target once in a while.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snookie For This Post:

Camilo (9th January 2014), karelia (7th January 2014), sheme (6th January 2014)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Well we should have an idea come mid march early April.

14. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...rb-supply.html

53/ is correct

I thought I should number his predictions just so we can tick the accurate ones off, the predictions follow his talk very approximately I just took notes on loose leaf paper and fairly randomly wrote them up -because I dropped the notes. I thought it was interesting that the prediction that got the number 66/ was the Iran/America oil WW111. No fear- This stuff has been going on for ever. Peace with the Mother Earth.
    Last edited by sheme; 7th January 2014 at 10:58.

15. Link to Post #10
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by Snookie (here)
    This guy sounds like a disinformation agent to me. If you throw enough darts you're bound to hit the target once in a while.
    Arrrrrr ****it....I just spent 1hr putting together my (Top 10) Predictions for 2014 and lost them all when I hit the submit button...

16. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

We have a US Pave Hawk helicopter crash with 4 deaths these helicopters are Black Hawk types used for battlefield rescue. I seem to recall he said 4 deaths with this prediction. This happened in Norfolk by the coast near a US base, the bodies have been left all night and a 400 meter exclusion zone placed around the crash site they claim there are armaments on board that must be handled with care.

Could this be 31/ above
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-25649464

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Jackovesk there is another thread for our own personal predictions for 2014.
    Last edited by sheme; 8th January 2014 at 10:56.

17. Link to Post #12
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by sheme (here)
    We have a US Pave Hawk helicopter crash with 4 deaths these helicopters are Black Hawk types used for battlefield rescue. I seem to recall he said 4 deaths with this prediction. This happened in Norfolk by the coast near a US base, the bodies have been left all night and a 400 meter exclusion zone placed around the crash site they claim there are armaments on board that must be handled with care.

Could this be 31/ above

¤=[Post Update]=¤

There not my Predictions...

I got them from the Universal Ether through an RV exercise, extremely powerful predictions perhaps a little to accurate for this forum...

18. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by sheme (here)

Could this be 31/ above

¤=[Post Update]=¤

-------------

Yes, seems it's the 31...

19. Link to Post #14
    Thanks

http://yourastrologysigns.com/predictions-for-2013-2014

FROM BARBARA GOLDSMITH

Summary of Predictions for 2013-2014:
    - Worsening global economic crisis with more demonstrations and civil unrest
    - Youth protesters will turn violent even though we have had mainly peaceful protests so far
    - Higher unemployment
    - Stock market earnings slide lower
    - Multiple investigations of banking corruption and fraud
    - Rising oil and food costs
    - More failures of large insurance companies
    - Extreme weather patterns from very hot to very cold
    - Gold and silver to be very volatile with even more price manipulation, sometimes going lower and then much higher
    - More power outages and for longer
    - Survival kits will become a necessity
    - Alternative power sources will become more mainstream - more use of green technologies: solar power plants, rooftop solar panels, wind farms, geothermal uses, hydrogen power plants
    - Greater paranormal activity – more reporting of visitations from other beings
    - Space exploration increasing and the uncovering of greater knowledge
    - More people power using Twitter, Facebook and other social media concerning customer service. For the first time ever the consumer will have the power when rating a restaurant, hotel, airline, computer, products and services in general
    - Increase in military threats especially in the Middle East and this could be very explosive towards the end of 2013 when Mars is square to Uranus
    - Despite the crisis, some industries will grow. E.g. certain medical areas such as: regenerative medicine growing new bones, cartilage etc.
    - Growth in certain food industries, catering, food technology
    - New types of restaurants and food outlets
    - Greater knowledge and research placed on nutrition and diet
    - Healing and health products become more prominent
    - Focus on locally grown food and its preservation
    - Advances in water purification techniques
    - Energy efficient housing construction market growing e.g. passive houses
    - Security businesses could see massive growth – physical and/or virtual
    - Breakthroughs in oceanography and our understanding of the sea
    - 3D printing become more accessible and getting closer to becoming mainstream
    - Traditional newspapers becoming obsolete – new forms of media where we the people are the reporters, not the controlling few who sift the news and keep us uninformed
    I am anticipating that overall economically, times will get worse over the next few years. Some economists are forecasting an upswing in the economy from the middle of 2013. And indeed with the grand water trine and Jupiter in Cancer, this is possible for a brief time. However, we should not be misled into thinking that the crisis is behind us and that we can confidently invest with security. With Uranus strongly featuring for the next 6 years, we will have to learn to expect the unexpected. I didn’t expect gold and silver to drop as sharply as they have done over the last few weeks. However, markets never go up in a straight line. If they did, everyone would be able to make a fortune. I am anticipating greater volatility and uncertainty in the markets with wider swings from high to low than ever before. If you are a good trader during these times, you could make a fortune. However, you could also lose a fortune. But the opportunities will be there.
    The key through all this hardship is going to be compassion and love with people coming together and helping one another through the changes. We can choose to make this a pleasurable and joyful time or we can make it even more difficult for ourselves. The choice is ours. I vote for helping one another, looking out for different ways of doing things, thinking outside the box, sharing our knowledge and expertise, working together and creating a new, exciting and better future for us all.

20. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

I forgot to add the most known prediction of all...........

.....Obama will slowly be stripped of power before his 2016 exit, but we will be kept in the dark (as if we aren’t already!) ...

21. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Tara Greene from Toronto

2014 will be WAY MORE VOLATILE year than 2013.

Why? Because of Astrology. The planets align into a Grand Cardinal Cross between the planets Uranus- ruler of revolutions, freedom and technology in ARIES- new life and
    Pluto, yes still a planet to Astrologers, which rules death, secrets, control, rebirth, nuclear energy, recycling, transformation in Capricorn of Power, corporations, fascism and now
    Mars in Libra for most of 2014 and Jupiter in Cancer till July.

These two planets Uranus & Pluto created the 60’s revolution and now the beat goes on. We are caught in these major turning of world ages, Uranus and Pluto have been square dancing since 2011 and will continue to do so till 2015.

In mid to late April is when the planets are aligning in the tightest way.
    APRIL will be a very crazy month. Off the radar. Plane crashes, accidents, on the Lunar Eclipse on April 15 when Passover Begins. Things could be very bad- Fukushima totally polluting the Pacific, martial law in the U.S., massive protests world wide etc. war starting, all hell breaking loose.

A SEVEN YEAR

2014 is adds up to #7. Seven is a very auspicious number. In the Tarot it is symbolized by the Trump called The Chariot. Which is related to the Zodiac Sign of Cancer. To me this symbolizes a year of a return to family, friends, caring for people emotionally, home, centering, children, women. Food, water, self love. Very much a Women Feminine energy, Goddess oriented year. The seven year itch?

The Occupy movement becomes the “WE1” we, one, movement.
    Mass protests worldwide will inevitably have to be televised. Huge civil blockades, strikes, on major highways, in every major city will be synchronized.
    Escalating Economic woes world –wide. More BANKING scandals lead to major changes in banking systems after July. There could be closures of banks in the World as happened in Cyprus. There could be phony bank hacking warnings from the government in the U.S.

Turning their backs on TECH
    Many people will be oversatured with computers and technology and only live with the most minimal of tech and using it only as in the old days. Not always on demand. New Gypsy lifestyle with many dropping out.

STOCK MARKET
    Stock Market volatility will be all over the map. GOLD and silver and commodity stocks will rise in July when Jupiter enters LEO as it did originally 12 years ago. Big gains in excess luxury markets, wine, and jewellery as the 1% get richer and the middle class nosedives. Interest rates still kept artificially low.

RELIGION
    Pope Francis and many fundamentalist Christians in discord because of the Pope’s more liberal views on gays etc. Pope Francis is the best thing to happen in Catholicism in years. Many will denounce him. There may be assassination attempts by fundamentalists.

WORLD
    WATER will be a major issue in the world. Millions of people without water because of agro business. Battles over water rights. People rally to protect their rights everywhere against the big corporations.

FOOD PROTESTS
    Protests by farmers. Strikes all over- India, CHINA BRASIL EUROPE North America. South America. Rights and fights. Huge global protests against MONSANTO. A grassroots, literally, movement of resistance leads to global escalation against genetically modified foods, fish and animals and production at mass levels. Trucks will be blockaded. Crops will be willfully destroyed by protesters. Many will be arrested. The truth will out about Monsanto’s control of the government and lying about GMO’s. Monsanto will be stopped.The Chemical components of most foods announced as poisonous and carcinogenic. Huge backlash from citizens suing Nestlé’s .
    “Freegans”- animal rights activists will be freeing animals in stockyards and the like.

WEATHER
    Extreme weather patterns continue and worsen in certain areas.
    VERY frigid weather and heavy snows all over North America, Europe and the Middle East. Record snow falls. Extreme heat in late summer creates droughts, forest fires, water shortages. California, B.C. Arizona. Floods in phillipines, tsunammi's world wide extremes.

Major EARTHQUAKES worldwide, very high, 8+ on Richter scale
    and Volcano explosions- in usual places,
    In Indonesia, China, India, Central America- Guatemala. In California and up West coast- Washington State.
    Another blackout of flying because of Volcanic explosions in mid to late April 2014 in to May.
    Flooding all the way up the east coast of the US. and up the Mississippi. Thousands will die.
    The ocean currents change in the Atlantic somewhat.
    Flooding of major dams in CHINA cause huge population and land losses in summer.

CANADA - Harper is ousted.
    Will see a slow down of its economy. The public will finally be fed up with the PM proroguing blatantly hiding in plain sight with more scandals about deceit, cove ups drugs, laundering money from the Prime Minister’s office down. Harper’s time is up. I believe he will have to step down. Canadian politics in turmoil.

SYRIA
    The world will step in and force the end of Syria’s dictator Basha Al-Assad ruthless murdering of his own citizens. There will be major chaos as various factions have infiltrated Syria.

CHINA
    Economy will slow somewhat. Major protests in China from its own people. Pressure from the world to halt cheap product supplies. China will make a big change in its direction in 2015.

RUSSIA
    Has a very strong show at the Olympics. Putin is in his glory. There are many technological problems at the Olympics too and some unfortunate accidents. Terrorist attacks and protests are high.

EU
    Having recovered a bit. But its troubles worsen in 2014. There will be riots and protests in Greece, Spain. Infrastructure problems, miscommunications etc. It’s not as positive as the news wants you to believe.

ISREAL
    Keep trying to stir up trouble, but the world is in a more aligning energy now. They have major political battles from within their own country. They may get too arrogant and make some pre-eminent strike in August/September again on Lebanon Iran or Syria.

Sahara
    More Muslim rebel troubles in Mali.

Turkey
    Some unrest in this country as well.

HUNGARY
    Political democracy is over. Very dangerous.

SOUTH AMERICA
    Drug wars start in Uruguay over legalization of pot, which threatens the Mexican, and Columbian drug cartels.

The Sun’s pole shift
    The Sun does this on a regular basis BTW. It will affect many millions of people on earth with various symptoms, insomnia, rashes, headaches, vertigo and many undiagnosable causes creating many sick days.

SUNSPOTS
    Will cause many airline helicopter crashes as the satellite systems are knocked out of whack. Even slight variations cause cancellations of flights.

UFO’s
    The amount of UFO sightings will be out of this world. It will be leaked that governments have been making pacts with E.T.’s for years.

U.S. economy
    Will be totally hammered in 2014 as PLUTO is opposite the U.S. SUN for the first time ever in its history.
    Housing prices to dive again. More cities declaring bankruptcy.
    Major unemployment, restless citizens. More U.S. government surveillance.
    Even more impetus from the Republicans with backlash to Obamamcare, yes health and nursing is a major issue in 2014.
    Thousands of homeless people will be on the move, with alternative economies springing up.
    U.S.
    Economy worsens, in spite of fake Federal Reserve prop ups. The U.S. of A. will be virtually in a civil war. The country will be shut down again briefly in late January and February. I see at least three more major suicide shootings and killings in small towns in the North West Texas and the North East.

Bit coin – the first alternate monetary system is a sound Revolutionary tool. Still very volatile. May come under scrutiny.

WOMEN’S rights.
    More anti- rape protections. Women align world wide for protection of rights of children and girls especially. Anti- sweatshops. BIG Pornography backlash begins. Women themselves supporting each other and women’s reproductive rights an issue. More female politicians.

FUKUSHIMA.
    Japan and the PACIFIC ocean continues to be damaged. Success at removing rods not very successful. The U.N. and countries must step in, even though this means the Japanese loose face. Fukushima could destroy most of the world’s population for the next 2,000 years
    FISHING And WHALING INDUSTRY
    Whaling industry is forced to a halt in Japan. FISHING also must stop due to admission of Radiation poisoning of the poisson. This causes major changes to the diets of Japanese.
    Sushi will be banned as its no longer available, nor desirable in the West.
    There will be huge major fish depletions in the Pacific North. No fish in oceans, huge drop in salmon, etc.
    Whales beaching themselves worldwide will be regular news.

NORTH POLE PASSAGEWAY
    Fighting over the North Pole passageway. Canada may have to defend it’s claim militarily.

HEALTH
    Olfactory molecular technology will be discovered.
    Nano technology in medicine being used.
    3D printing will be tested for creating skin and organs.
    Stocks in bioengineering will go up.
    Old diseases make a come back. Leprosy, TB and the like.
    Young kids discovering cures for diseases will be reported but not implemented.
    Alternative methods of healing clamped down upon by Pharmaceutical companies. Many more people convert to “alternative” and more naturopathic healing methods.
    More spiritual healing being accepted using Sound, energy and Light.

MUSIC
    More alternative, indie pop musicians gaining success like Macklemore- Thrift shop..
    Record companies must face the sinking economic facts.
    Music will be more sentimental, emotional, and musical. A back to the roots music, less dance pop, rap, hip-hop, more genuine emotions. Love and romance in music this year and also punky rage against the machine anthems.

TELEPATHY
    Many people will be receiving channeled messages from those who have passed on. People will think they are going crazy but the ethers are opening up.

http://www.taratarot.com/id183.html

22. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

RUSSIA

Thousand people evacuated from Moscow company due to bomb threat.

About 1000 people were evacuated from the enclosure parts factory located in reinforced concrete Borovskoie Chosse, Moscow, today reported the press service of the police in the capital.
    "On the night of January 9, an unidentified individual reported on an explosive device placed in the company in Moscow. We have performed the verification of such information, technicians working on site with the help of service dogs, "the police spokesman said.

-----
    Check predictions about Russia , on top posts

23. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/wo...arms.html?_r=0

Syria Reports 2 Attacks on Chemical Arms Sites

GENEVA — Syria’s government said Wednesday that insurgents had assaulted two storage sites for some of the deadly chemical weapons components it has pledged to eliminate. It was the first time the Syrian authorities had reported such attacks in the three months since an international effort began to sequester and purge the country of the banned munitions.

Bassam Sabbagh, the Syrian representative to the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, the Hague-based group that is helping oversee the destruction of the Syrian arsenal, reported the attacks at the group’s executive council meeting, according to a European diplomat who was present. The diplomat spoke on the condition of anonymity because the meeting’s deliberations were private and the Syrian’s account was not publicly disclosed.

The attacks, if confirmed, underscore the difficulties in securing and destroying the chemical weapons in the midst of a civil war, a point that the organization’s officials have repeatedly made since an ambitious joint mission with the United Nations to eliminate them began in early October with the Syrian government’s consent.

Petros Karadjias/Associated Press
    The Syrian government is facing increased pressure to accelerate the process for ridding the country of the most dangerous materials among the 1,200 tons of toxic agents it has amassed over the years. It missed the deadline for exporting them by Dec. 31. The entire arsenal must be destroyed by June 30, under a Security Council resolution approved in September.

The first cargo of the most dangerous materials bound for export was loaded onto a Danish vessel on Tuesday in the Syrian port of Latakia, a step that the United Nations and the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons called an important sign of progress.

Officials declined to comment on the account by Mr. Sabbagh, who told the executive council that insurgents had assaulted a storage site near the city of Homs and a second site outside Damascus, according to the European diplomat. Mr. Sabbagh did not specify when the attacks took place, the identities of the attackers or what damage, if any, had resulted, but said that the attacks “would have been disastrous if the terrorist plans had worked,” the European diplomat said.

“It was unexpected,” the diplomat said. “I was surprised that this was the first we had heard of them.”

On Wednesday, the top United Nations official coordinating the joint mission in Syria briefed the Security Council privately on the progress and told reporters at United Nations headquarters afterward that Syria was eager to get rid of the stockpile “within the shortest possible delay.”

The official, Sigrid Kaag, said nothing about attacks on Syrian storage facilities. But she said that “security is a big factor in all that takes place” and that the mid-2014 deadline for the complete destruction of the Syrian arsenal could still be met despite the civil war raging in Syria.

Ms. Kaag said the public should not worry about the deadliest compounds, known as Priority 1 chemicals, aboard the Danish vessel, which will remain at sea with the cargo, then dock at Latakia again to collect the remainder when it is ready to be loaded.

Once the entire stockpile of the deadliest compounds, estimated to total 500 tons, is on the ship, it will go to Italy, where the chemicals will be transferred to an American naval vessel equipped to render them harmless.

“They’re safe and secure, they’re properly guarded, and all efforts have been made to keep them in that way,” Ms. Kaag told reporters. “Everything has been done to make sure that this is properly handled.”

She declined to specify how many tons were in the initial cargo, how long the Danish ship would wait offshore or how many times it would have to return to Latakia to load the remainder. Such details, she said, are part of a “very tightly held, and I think rightly so, operation.”

House hunting near ... the Jura Mountains
    A green oasis at the heart of a concrete jungle
    A table-to-farm pioneer

Advertising

Asked to rate the level of cooperation from the Syrian authorities, Ms. Kaag described it as constructive, but said “I’m not in the rating business.”

The transportation and export of the most dangerous chemicals, which include mustard gas, VX nerve agent and the agents needed to create sarin gas, have always been considered the most hazardous steps of the operation. Yet an unusually collaborative international effort is underway, including maritime security provided by Russia, China, Norway and Denmark.

Syria’s pledge to renounce chemical weapons and join the treaty that bans them was a product of intensive diplomacy by the United States and Russia. The agreement averted an American military response to a chemical weapons attack outside Damascus on Aug. 21 that killed hundreds of civilians. The United States blamed the government of President Bashar al-Assad; Mr. Assad and rebels seeking to depose him blamed each other.

While the Syrian authorities made rapid progress destroying the facilities for making chemical weapons and the munitions for delivering them, the process for getting the chemicals out of the country has been much slower.

The Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons and diplomats following the proceedings in The Hague have carefully avoided accusing Mr. Assad of any backsliding, but the tone of their comments has taken on a firmer edge.

“We want to make it clear that any additional delays could really imperil the ability to meet the overall deadlines,” Michael Luhan, a spokesman for the organization, said in a telephone interview. “What also needs to be made clear is that we need to see activity pick up now.”

24. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Headlines: Pope Francis defrocks nearly 400 priests for molesting children

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly...82012#54081916
    Last edited by MariaDine; 18th January 2014 at 17:55.

25. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Manned mission to Mars by 2030s is really possible, experts say

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/manned-m...e-experts-say/

Sending humans to Mars by the 2030s is affordable, a group of experts finds, but some key changes are needed if it is going to happen.

A workshop group of more than 60 individuals representing more than 30 government, industry, academic and other organizations has found that a NASA-led manned mission to Mars is feasible if the space agency's budget is restored to pre-sequestration levels. Putting the first humans on the Red Planet would also require international cooperation and private industry support.

There is a growing consensus among the space community that a manned mission to Mars should be a priority worth working toward in the coming years, according to Chris Carberry the executive director of Explore Mars Inc., the organization that hosted the workshop with the American Astronautical Society. [5 Manned Mission to Mars Ideas]

"To be able to make it feasible and affordable, you need a sustainable budget," Carberry told SPACE.com. "You need a budget that is consistent, that you can predict from year to year and that doesn't get canceled in the next administration."

Budget issues

While Carberry said that it is possible to launch a manned mission to Mars by the 2030s under pre-sequestration budget levels, a NASA-led human mission to Mars will probably never launch under current budgetary constraints, Carberry said.

"We're not far off from what we need," Carberry said. "We just need to get back into a reasonable budget, which we're not in right now."

President Barack Obama requested about $17.7 billion for NASA during his 2013 budget proposal, $59 million less than what the space agency received in 2012.

"[NASA] funds are divided between various missions, directorates and centers," Carberry said via email. "Unless there was a MAJOR restructuring, it would be hard to accomplish a NASA-led Mars mission [under the current budget]. That said, major disruptive technology gains could always occur that could make it viable — we just can't count on that happening."

From now until the 2030s

The workshop group's plan hinges partially upon the availability of NASA's heavy-lifting rocket, the Space Launch System, and the space agency's deep space crew capsule, the Orion spacecraft. SLS and Orion are both in development now, with Orion's first unmanned test flight slated for later this year.

In December 2013, attendees affiliated with NASA, Boeing, Orbital Sciences Corp. and many others at the Affording Mars Workshop arrived at six agreements that could frame the way that space agencies work toward a manned mission to Mars. They are:

The goal of sending humans to Mars is affordable with the right partnerships (international, commercial/industrial, intergovernmental, etc.), commitment to efficiency, constancy of purpose and policy/budget consistency.
    Human exploration of Mars is technologically feasible by the 2030s.
    Mars should be the priority for human spaceflight over the next two to three decades.
    Between now and 2030, investments and activities in the human exploration of space must be prioritized in a manner that advances the objective of initial human missions to Mars beginning in the 2030s.
    Utilizing the International Space Station, including international partnerships, is essential for human missions to deep space.
    Continuation of robotic precursor missions to Mars throughout the 2020s is essential for the success of human missions to Mars.
    Carberry said that the experts are still not sure whether a long or short mission to the Red Planet would be best when launching the first manned mission to Mars.

Getting to Mars

As a model of international collaboration and a huge undertaking in space, the International Space Station (ISS) could provide vital lessons about getting humans to Mars, Carberry said. The space station mission, which has been newly extended through 2024, is the best example of a consistent budget set forth for a huge project in space, he added.

"The only reason it [the International Space Station] has survived the years is because it's an international mission," Carberry said. "It is held together by international treaties and strong agreements … If we were to follow that model and maybe even move on with the partnership to the next step, that perhaps could be the greatest legacy of ISS because that's a proven model of sustainability, because you have more holding it together than just that annual cycle." [7 Biggest Mysteries of Mars ]

The $100 billion orbiting outpost could also be used to mimic parts of a mission to the Red Planet. Engineers could use the orbiting laboratory to demonstrate telerobotics and new spacesuits, and to work out possible problems that could arise on a trip to Mars.

Bridge mission

The workshop group also explored the idea of a mission that would bridge the space station and a manned mission to Mars. Agencies should consider such a bridge mission when moving forward toward a launch date in the 2030s, the workshop found.

The bridge mission could be anything from NASA's ambitious plan to capture an asteroid and bring it into lunar orbit where astronauts could explore it, to a small and temporary station where astronauts can learn a little more about fending for themselves while in space.

"When they're on ISS, they communicate [with Earth] every day — they can barely do anything without communicating with Mission Control," Carberry said. "They need to get out of the habit of that, and they know that."

Other missions

Private companies are planning their own trips to the Red Planet. Mars One is planning on sending a group of people to colonize the planet on a one-way mission in 2022. The company is also expected to send a lander to Mars in 2018.

The Inspiration Mars mission, now slated to launch in 2021, will launch a couple on a flyby of Mars. This private mission might be a good precursor mission before a full Martian landing, according to Carberry.

"There's an interesting window in 2021 where they would flip by Venus, which is relatively interesting itself," Carberry said. "If you have a crewed mission flying by Venus on the way to Mars, that's pretty impressive."

If the Inspiration Mars mission does launch in 2021, it may help scientists put human boots on Martian dirt by the 2030s, Carberry said.

Follow Miriam Kramer @mirikramer and Google+. Follow us @Spacedotcom, Facebookand Google+. Original article on SPACE.com.

+ Reply to Thread