1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,251 times in 962 posts

Default Fraudulent Healers

Many claim this title...

healer
    noun
    a person or thing that heals; specif., one who tries to heal through prayer or faith

Some claim to do this daily...

healing:
    the act or process in which the normal structural and functional characteristics of health are restored to diseased, dysfunctional, or damaged tissues, organs, or systems of the body.

Many self help books are available to healp heal all sorts of issues..

The healing business is a booming one in our society.. And health is a very hot topic.

Some claim they can use frequencies to heal

Solfeggio frequencies http://www.redicecreations.com/speci...solfeggio.html

So many anecdoctal evidence around us.

Are these healing techniques valuable to society? Is there more damage being done by frauds then any being healed?

2. Link to Post #2
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Default Re: Fraudulent Healers

A Japanese Spiritual Healing Practice that Claims to Provide Healing by "touch of Hands" is Getting Very Popular, Especially with Women. but is it for Real or Just Another Money-making Scam ?

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._or_fraud.html

3. Link to Post #3
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Do magnets have health benefits? Can sleeping on a magnetic underlay, wearing a magnetic pad or drinking magnetised water improve your wellbeing? Those pushing magnetic therapy claim that the health benefits can range from simply reducing pain to the extreme, and irresponsible, claim of curing cancer. Do they really work or are they just a scam, a waste of money?

http://www.sillybeliefs.com/magnets.html

4. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

I've healed myself through meditation, so I don't see why others couldn't heal me as well. If the one being healed has faith in the process...
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

5. Link to Post #5
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

is it only about faith?

6. Link to Post #6
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Rife machines

Cheating death

Sydney Morning Herald - December 30, 2000

Cancer sufferers have died after putting their faith in a device with electrical parts worth just $15. Ben Hills reports.

The doctor said he might not see Christmas. It was the winter of 1996 and David Carpenter, a 69-year-old retired railway worker, had inoperable cancer of the prostate gland. He had been sent home to die in the village of Geurie, on the western plains of NSW, in the fibro cottage where he lived with his wife of nearly half a century, Madge, and his son, Des. As the disease inexorably advanced, he took to his bed.

Flicking through Nexus, an alternative magazine published from Mapleton, Queensland, which features articles on UFOs, miracle cures and conspiracy theories, Des saw an advertisement headlined "Rife Technology".

Underneath was this claim: "A brilliant new Walkman-style personal therapy system, offers a comprehensive range of frequencies from common colds and flu to the most serious debilitating and degenerative diseases, including arthritis and cancer."

Des rang the 1800 number in the ad and was assured that not only would the device, called a Personal Electro Therapy or PET machine, treat his father's cancer, but it could be tuned to frequencies that would cure his own chronic fatigue syndrome and his mother's arthritis. "I wouldn't normally fall for something like this, but you have to understand we were desperate," says Des. He and his mother borrowed money against their invalid pensions and sent $1,425 to a company called Electromed (Australia) Pty Ltd, which sent them a small black box decorated with flashing lights, some wiring, two nylon pads and a copy of a book, The Cancer Cure that Worked - Fifty Years of Suppression, by an American "investigative journalist", Barry Lynes.

for the rest of the article...

http://www.healthwatcher.net/quacker...0rife-aus.html
    Last edited by Celine; 3rd April 2010 at 17:06.

7. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Hi Celine

I have healed myself by practicing the Maharic Seal. My story is quite interesting as I was severely ill for a long time and no official doctor could do anything for me.

Since then I have had not need even to use an aspirin

We are made of energy, if someone can find where the energy is blocked healing is possible, self healing is even more effective

There are also a lot of quacks too so always use your discernment

Love

8. Link to Post #8
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Thank You Stardustaquarion,

I agree with the statement "healed yourself"...there is so much anecdotal evidence on those issues.
    No dispute here, that is has worked on millions, individuly

I am looking more for evidence, research done to prove ...or disprove these Healers claim that they "heal" people.

Many ask for money...many sell things to support the healing ritual... some just get a power trip out of it.

clarity is always the best route ..especialy on the road to healing. IMHO
    Last edited by Celine; 3rd April 2010 at 17:13.

9. Link to Post #9
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Rife Machine Operator Sued
    Stephen Barrett, M.D.

The Attorneys General of Wisconsin and Minnesota have sued to stop an unlicensed woman, Shelvie Rettmann, of Prior Lake, Minnesota, from representing that she can cure cancer.

http://www.quackwatch.org/04Consumer...News/rife.html

10. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 times in 238 posts

I don't really know if it's only faith as I don't really question it. It works for me, so I can't see the benefit of trying to disprove it to myself.

If, however, someone's contract is up and it's their time to die...is there really anything they can do to stop it?
    Let go or be dragged. -Zen proverb

11. Link to Post #11
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Great question...

My personal opinion would be No...

But many say they have cheated death.

12. Link to Post #12
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

THE HEALERS OATH

As a Natural Healer, I pledge that I will not, in any manner, or at any time, abuse the responsibility entrusted to me. I will endeavour at all times to live a life which is worthy of that trust. I will use my God-given gift to the very best of my ability to alleviate suffering and in the service of humanity without seeking acclaim. I will not permit considerations of religion, nationality, race, politics or social standing to intervene between my duty and my client. I will not criticise other healers. As a channel for the power and the love of God, I understand that this power and love will be directed through me to where it is most needed. Thus, I will not in any way interfere with medical treatment and will work in co-operation with my fellow healers. I will use my gift with conscience and dignity and the physical, mental and spiritual health of my client shall be my first consideration at all times.

“Whatsoever house I enter, there will I go for the benefit of the sick, refraining from all wrongdoing or corruption. Whatsoever things I see or hear concerning the life of men, in my attendance on the sick or even apart therefrom, which ought not to be noised abroad, I will keep silence thereon, counting such things to be as sacred secrets. Pure will I keep my life and my healing art.”

By kind courtesy of Katherine Lee.

13. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

The thing is is that there are "quacks" in every business. False teachers of every kind of truth, false healers, false Doctors of every kind of medicine. You name it and there is a counterfeit - especially if it makes money. You can hire someone to build you a house that may barely even know the basics of home carpentry. There is an anti-everything. This is why discernment is SO important -- and in every area of your life, because if you get ripped off concerning your health you can die. "Physician heal thyself" is a good motto to remember.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

14. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by HORIZONS (here)
    The thing is is that there are "quacks" in every business. False teachers of every kind of truth, false healers, false Doctors of every kind of medicine. You name it and there is a counterfeit - especially if it makes money. You can hire someone to build you a house that may barely even know the basics of home carpentry. There is an anti-everything. This is why discernment is SO important -- and in every area of your life, because if you get ripped off concerning your health you can die. "Physician heal thyself" is a good motto to remember.
    You are right, if there are any quacks is most of the English doctors I meet, truly careless and they almost killed me!

15. Link to Post #15
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I did Ayahuasca, sweat lodges and family constellations (Bert Hellinger), three things that brought me closer to myself and away from my energetic blockades and brainprison. In the constellation the person representing me was actually shaking in the exact same way as me (which I thought was pretty unbelievable) and the reactions from and interactions between the other representatives playing my mother, brother, etc... where scarily similar. The whole setup gave me a third party perspective and had wonderful lasting healing effects!

In my opinion all these healings have the possibility to heal a part of you, but it's you who has to integrate the wisdom, the lessons your body have for you, the insights the healing practise show you. If not, eventually you'll suffer from the same or similar stuff.

Like you said, Céline, clarity is always the best route and, indeed StardustAq, we should always use our discernment when accepting a healer or healing method! I for one am always vigilant when a 'healer' is claiming that he can/will heal you. If their brochures or announcements mention something like: 'this therapy/technique/essence/... will help you to be more aligned with yourself so you can learn to be more in contact with your path (or something like that)', I wil give it a second thought... otherwise

Dada,
    xxdA.

16. Link to Post #16
    Canada Deactivated
    Thanks

Those experiences must have made such a profound effect in your life.

Thank you for sharing.

I completely agree with you about the personal growth many healers can offer.

And yes discernment is key..

But there must be more then anecdotal evidence ?

17. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Healing is mostly psychological, just like the placebo effect, if a person's perception of themselves is of good health and they are generally happy in life, then their health will also probably be good as well. This does not mean there 'aren't' external factors that could affect a person, because there are, but what it does mean is that your belief-in-something will heal you more than anything else.

18. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,091 times in 601 posts

Quote Posted by stardustaquarion (here)
    You are right, if there are any quacks is most of the English doctors I meet, truly careless and they almost killed me!
    I agree with you as well - I remember reading/hearing that medical treatment is the 3rd leading cause of death in the US. I guess that is why Doc's get a license to "practice" medicine, b/c they sure don't "know" medicine.
    ~ If nothing changes then nothing changes ~

19. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by céline (here)
    Do magnets have health benefits? Can sleeping on a magnetic underlay, wearing a magnetic pad or drinking magnetised water improve your wellbeing? Those pushing magnetic therapy claim that the health benefits can range from simply reducing pain to the extreme, and irresponsible, claim of curing cancer. Do they really work or are they just a scam, a waste of money?

http://www.sillybeliefs.com/magnets.html

20. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

I am a Healer. I do not pretend to understand exactly how it works, but I can tell you that I have had amazing results with soft tissue injuries, especially. Cuts stop bleeding and close within moments or hours, depending on their severity; burns stop hurting and the skin returns to normal in a very short time. Pain of all sorts responds to this energy, although the most dramatic effects are on acute, rather than chronic, pain. Putting my hands on the injured part is helpful, but is not strictly necessary. During the Healing, I can sometimes discern that the person has some spiritual work to do in a specific area. I may offer this information to the person, depending upon how they look at the world. If they are sick, with an illness rather than an injury, it might take many sequential Healings over a period of days or weeks for the person to be restored to health.

I do not charge any money, ever. I ask nothing in return for this work. If the person wishes to make payment in gratitude for their restored health, I ask for a cutting from a plant in their garden, for my garden, so that their energy will become part of my home. I also ask everyone who benefits from my help to "pass it on," to give someone else the benefit of one of their skills, for free, asking for nothing.

Their are frauds everywhere, in every field of endeavor. My Healing is a gift -- I didn't learn how to do it, it is just there. It appears to be part of my Path to offer this freely to others, and I do it gladly. I have no quarrel with people who make a living doing healing work of any kind. It is just not my Path.

I know that lives have been changed because of this gift, and I believe that lives have been saved. "Saved," in the sense that a premature ending was avoided. You who say that when a life is over, it ends, are correct, I believe. Nothing will alter the appropriate ending of an incarnation, but an intervention, made in congruence with a person's Path, can help them forward with a different perspective on their life.

I offer this information simply to let people know that hands-on healing is real, and need not compromise anyone's ethics, and need not exploit anyone's need. Some turn away from me in fear, or because they do not wish to change their thinking about something that needs attention in their lives. Some people simply cannot believe that I want nothing from them in return. They look for the "catch," they imagine evil magic. I am sorry for them, but I never move towards anyone. At most, I offer once if I see need. Usually, people hear about me and find me of their own accord.

My teenaged granddaughter also has this gift. It horrifies her to use it among her peers, and she has only done it at great need, and away from prying eyes. I know that, with maturity, she will understand that the power that comes from the place from whence all power comes -- the Source, the Creator, the light of the Universe -- whatever name you care to give to Light -- must be used to help other souls on their journeys, even as we are on our journeys. Embarrassment and fear are the problems that our own egos have. I have had to mature past that, and she will, too.

Beware of people who give you orders, or make demands, or require an exalted place. Such are not among those whom I would trust.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast