Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Look who's paranoid now!

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,670 times in 1,986 posts

Default Re: Look who's paranoid now!

Quote Posted by Amzer Zo (here)
    ... et c'est pas fini...
    et ce n'est pas fini ? (merci, je peux exercer mon français ici)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Operator For This Post:

Flash (11th January 2014), Hervé (11th January 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,226 times in 1,108 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Here it is starting, banning someone from internet for his opinions - interesting. I Wonder how they will proceed. He could post from abroad.

No Young people will go with this. Excellent for global awakening.

A comedian will be the 21st style martyr.

This cannot describe anything else than a dictature.
    'A comedian will be the 21st style martyr...'

Exactly, Flash. Such an interesting spark into the kindling....

At some point this kerfuffle will become the hot topic for Jon Stewart, Colbert, Saturday Night and the British and Russian comics, etc. And then it will well and truly amount to tossing a heap of gasoline onto these most interesting flickers.

Am watching all in fascination.

Cheers,

Selene

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

Flash (11th January 2014), Hervé (11th January 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

... et ça continue...

French comic Dieudonné drops show after ban

Dieudonné arrived in costume for a news conference in Paris

Related Stories

The French comic Dieudonné M'bala M'bala, who has convictions for anti-Semitic hate speech, has dropped a controversial show after it was banned.

He told reporters in Paris he would no longer perform The Wall, after France's highest court upheld a ban on the opening night of his tour on Thursday.

Citing "blatant political interference", he said he wanted to perform a new show devoted to Africa.

This new show has already been banned by the authorities in Paris.

Interior Minister Manuel Valls is seeking to keep Dieudonne off all stages in France, condemning the comic's "mechanics of hate".

Police vans
    "The Dieudonné controversy and the Le Mur show are over," Dieudonne said in a statement on French TV. "Now, I think we will get a chance to laugh more intensely with my new show."

"We live in a democratic country and I have to comply with the laws, despite the blatant political interference," he said.

The comic also denied being an anti-Semite.

Several police vans lined the street outside a Paris theatre where he had been due to perform on Saturday.

Supporters of the comic and critics of the bans accuse the authorities of denying Dieudonné freedom of speech.

Government lawyers argue that the nature of his act means it cannot be afforded protection under France's constitutional provisions on freedom of speech.
    Last edited by Hervé; 12th January 2014 at 12:08.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (14th January 2014), fractal being (17th January 2014), noxon medem (13th January 2014)

7. Link to Post #44
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

... meanwhile... across the pond...

Insane Clown Posse Defends Fans, With F.B.I. Lawsuit

By DAVE ITZKOFFJAN. 8, 2014

The Insane Clown Posse during a 2011 performance at Gramercy Theater in New York. Marcus Yam for The New York Times

The Michigan rap group Insane Clown Posse filed suit on Wednesday against the Justice Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, saying that the United States government had made the “unwarranted and unlawful decision” to classify fans of the band as criminal gang members, leading to their harassment by law enforcement and causing them “significant harm.”

The lawsuit was filed in Federal District Court in Detroit by lawyers for the band and for the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan. Plaintiffs include the Insane Clown Posse founders Joseph Bruce and Joseph Utsler, who perform as Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope, and whose fans call themselves Juggalos.

Also listed as plaintiffs are four Juggalos from Nevada, California, North Carolina and Iowa, who offered details of incidents in which they said they had been subjected to police harassment or other punishments for identifying with Insane Clown Posse.

[...]

Full article: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/09/ar...suit.html?_r=1

---------------------------------

Forgot that, over there, "they" need lots of customers for their private jail system...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (14th January 2014), fractal being (17th January 2014)

9. Link to Post #45
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Gilad Atzom: Everyone, Jews like me included, should support Dieudonne against the most devastating form of oppression

Apocalypse France
    YouTube
    Sun, 12 Jan 2014 10:41 CST

Jazz musician and former Israeli Gilad Atzmon has a message for supporters and critics of banned French comedian Dieudonne:

English, French subtitles.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (17th February 2014), fractal being (17th January 2014), Valerie Villars (10th August 2018)

11. Link to Post #46
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Not so unrelated:

Solzhenitsyn - Banned all over again

Peter Myers
    Mail Star
    Sun, 12 Jan 2014 05:14 CST

Solzhenitsyn's last and greatest book - freely available in Russia - is facing the same censorship in the West that The Gulag Archipelago faced in the Soviet Union. That's because it deals with the Jews - specifically, their role in the Bolshevik Revolution.

In his Nobel Prize acceptance speech, Alexander Solzhenitsyn wrote that he had been "convinced I should never see a single line of mine in print in my lifetime".

The Gulag Archipelago
    , which sold 30 million copies in 35 languages, never was published in the Soviet Union. Despite KGB attempts to confiscate it, the manuscript was smuggled out and published in the West. Now, it is mandatory reading in Russian schools.

Alexander Solzhenitsyn's last book is facing the same censorship in the West that The Gulag Archipelago faced in the Soviet Union. That's because it deals with the Jewish role in the Bolshevik Revolution.

Solzhenitsyn's book Two Hundred Years Together: Russo-Jewish History was published in Russian in 2001/2. Since then, German and French editions have been published, but no English-language edition.

The wikipedia webpage on Alexander Solzhenitsyn includes this statement:
    "Solzhenitsyn also published a two-volume work on the history of Russian-Jewish relations (Two Hundred Years Together 2001, 2002). Never published in the USA, this book stirred controversy and caused Solzhenitsyn to be accused of anti-Semitism."
    The Guardian reviewed it as follows: Solzhenitsyn breaks last taboo of the revolution

Nobel laureate under fire for new book on the role of Jews in Soviet-era repression

Nick Paton Walsh in Moscow The Guardian, Saturday 25 January 2003 21.32 AEST

Alexander Solzhenitsyn, who first exposed the horrors of the Stalinist gulag, is now attempting to tackle one of the most sensitive topics of his writing career - the role of the Jews in the Bolshevik revolution and Soviet purges.

[...]

Full article: http://www.sott.net/article/271904-S...all-over-again

You can download the pdf of Two Hundred Years Together here.

It covers the Bolshevik period except for Chapter 15, which is not fully translated.

You can get Chapter 15 (in part) here.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (14th January 2014), heyokah (13th January 2014)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,177 times in 591 posts

Valuable post from anti-establishment journalist Denis Robert

Quote "Autre point sur lequel, le Ministre de l’Intérieur et avec lui tout le gouvernement -à commencer par ses collègues de la Culture et de la Justice- sont défaillants : c’est la non prise en compte de la nature virale du problème. Dieudonné est le premier « artiste 2.0 ». Il vit et gagne sans arrêt de la popularité grâce à Internet. Sur ce terrain-là, même si les censeurs au pouvoir cherchent, ils ne parviendront pas à le coincer. C’est la force du sable contre le torrent. C’est ridicule.

Vous dire aussi qu’écrivant cela, je ne positionne pas du tout comme un soutien de Dieudonné. Mais de la liberté. Je sais qu’ici, dans les centaines de commentaires qui allongent mes post, certains tentent de m’associer à lui. D’autres me bombardent d’injures. Mais comment vous le dire poliment ? Je m’en moque. Parmi les nombreuses fautes de Dieudonné, certaines le disqualifient. Je sais qu’il est bombardé et sous la pression et qu’il n’est pas responsable de toutes les photos et propos tenus en son nom sur les réseaux sociaux et ailleurs… Mais bon, pour ne prendre qu’un exemple : sa quenelle… Pourquoi Dieudonné -tout antisémite qu’il dit ne pas être- ne condamne-t-il pas la quenelle de ce crétin décérébré (en tongs) qui pose devant l’école juive où Mohamed Merah a assassiné des enfants ? Pourquoi ne dit-il pas à son ami Soral de se la mettre dans le cul sa quenelle après que celui-ci ait posé devant le mémorial de la Shoah à Berlin ?"
    http://www.agoravox.fr/tribune-libre...a-merde-146290
    Quick translation

Quote Another point on which Interior Minister and with him all the government including with his colleagues in the Culture and Justice - are failing : it is not taking into account the viral nature of the problem. Dieudonné is the first " artist 2.0" . He lives and is constantly gaining in popularity thanks to the Internet. On this ground , even if the censors are looking for power, they will fail to catch him. This is the strength of sand against the torrent. This is ridiculous .

I also need to say that as I am writing this, I do not position myself at all as a support for Dieudonné . But for freedom. I know that here in the hundreds of comments that lengthen my post, some are trying to associate myself with him. Other are bombarding me with insults . But how do I say it politely ? I don't care . Among the many faults of Dieudonné, some disqualify him . I know he is bombarded and under pressure and he is not responsible for all the photos and posts on his behalf on social networks and elsewhere ... But , to take just one example : his quenelle (Up yours gesture). Why Dieudonné - as he says he is not antisemitic - does he not condemn this mindless idiot quenelle posing in front of the Jewish school where Mohamed Merah murdered children? Why does not he tell his friend Soral to dump his quenelle in his ass after he made one in front of the Holocaust Memorial in Berlin?
    For the rest, and for Frenchspeakers, good overview on Dieudonné's valuable positions provided on this 1 hour video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44GcXnrr5Aw

The day today's Simon's interview will be available in French, I'll send Dieudo a copy
    Last edited by Jean-Luc; 14th January 2014 at 14:24.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jean-Luc For This Post:

araucaria (14th January 2014), fractal being (17th January 2014), Hervé (15th January 2014)

15. Link to Post #48
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Same old... same old...

Henry Makow picks on the subject:

Rejection of Zionist Hegemony Goes Viral in France
    January 12, 2014

(Dieudonn
    é makes the resistance gesture "the quenelle" that is sweeping France.)

There is nothing the Illuminati hate more than a grassroots movement they didn't originate. French comedian Dieudonn
    é ("God given") has spoken truth to power and power doesn't like it.

"Power addicts want to be feared; they can't handle being mocked."

"THERE IS NOTHING MORE DANGEROUS THAN PERSONAL INITIATIVE: if it has genius behind it, such initiative can do more than can be done by millions of people among whom we have sown discord. " Protocols of Zion, 5

by a French Correspondent

I don't know if you are aware of the French humorist Dieudonné. He is the number one enemy of French Zionist Jews.

They didn't appreciate a sketch he did a few years ago about extremist Zionist Jews in Israel. He did this for one reason. He wanted to make a movie about the slave trade and ask for a financing for his movie but the only answer they gave him was that it's not a movie subject.

(Dieudonné has refused to worship at Holocaust shrine)

As you know France and Jews were fully involved in this dirty business so they didn't let him do his movie. He asked then " Why can't i film one movie about this when there is dozens of shoah movies ?" They told him to "stop complaining and trying to compete with the shoah".

Then he did a sketch on TV that pissed them off. He was insulted on all TV shows, newspapers, radio. They said he's antisemitic.

This was the beginning of an epic struggle between one clever man and the whole Zionist system. They sent Mossad Israelis to beat him. As a martial artist, he neutralized them after they attacked him from behind and they were jailed for only one month.

The Jewish defense league and Betar (violent Jewish extremist associations) came to one of his show and threatened him, and threw acid on the face of a little Arabic girl. The Media said someone threw an "irritating product" in the eye of a spectator.

Then he began to fight back, his shows were funnier and funnier. He put the Zionists in plain sight. Even those who didn't care about Israel, Zionism, etc. became aware.

(French President Francois Hollande with his handler.)

The more they hated him and trash-talked about him in the media, the more his theater was packed. He began to have fans come to all his trials (because he had a lot of them) just to protect him from the Jewish defense league fanatics, who were yelling behind police, afraid of the mass of Dieudonné's protectors.

He progressively became a kind of hero here. He tells truth about our government and trash talks the Zionists in a so hilarious a way that he has become the number one humorist in France. And power addicts want to be feared; they can't handle to be mocked.

He's gone to Iran because the Zionists French media demonize this country; he speak for Palestinians; he invited on his comic show Mr Faurisson, an old historian who studied the world war two and kind of proved that gas chambers were a hoax built by "allies". This historian was almost beaten to death by extremist Jews during the 80's and banned by every media and book editors.

He did everything that Zionist Jews hate.

Now the French president François Hollande received orders during the "diner du CRIF" the equivalent of AIPAC, and he charged the Prime Minister Manuel Valls (who said he's linked forever to Israel by his wife) to break Dieudonné and make him shut up.

(The "quenelle" - French "anti-system" salutes has caught on.)

Why ? Because some military, policemen, and anonymous people are doing the "Quenelle" while being photographed even in front of synagogue. The quenelle is the Dieudonné signature equivalent to "up yours" and he uses it almost only about Zionists.

This gesture became an anti-system move and a lot of people were photographed with Zionist politicians or presstitutes doing it.

Zionist became crazy (as if they can be more crazy than they are lol) and French PM Manuel Valls has tried his best to stop the right of Dieudonné to work. He said that he'll find the legal way to stop him. Then medias began to make the buzz about how much Dieudonné disrupts the order and peace in France.

And as an "anti-system" move is considered anti-Semitic, French people began to question how much Jews are linked to this system.

They made a Zionist Bernard Stirn (above) head of the Conseil d'Etat (state council) and he decided alone and by night (all the other members were absent) that the Dieudonné's show "le mur" (the wall) must be cancelled.

Everybody thinks they're gonna kill Dieudonné. They've shown the real face of power in France. It's too late. People here talk about revolution. Zionist politicians are putting in place the criminalization of speech against zionist on internet.

Voltaire told : If you want to know who leads the country just watch those you can't criticize.

We've seen now.

----

Quotes from "Europe's most rabid anti-Semiite"
    Zionist-controlled Mass Media Attack Dogs bark at Dieudonné - Canada's ZBC
    Brother Nathaniel describes how the resistance movement unites Muslims and Christians
    Gilad Atzmon

Note: Illuminati and Illuminati 2 are now both available in French-language translations. I do not share the sentiments regarding holocaust denial expressed here.

First Comment from David:
    My understanding of the affair is that Zionist power had to put an end to someone that became so unanimously popular... because a growing faction of French Jews themselves are fed up with the aggressive all controlling Zionist power in the country. These people are highly educated and they are supporting Dieudonné not only in the name of freedom of speech, but also because they have no intention to move to Israel and are happy to live in France, while becoming more and more critical about Israeli policy...

I believe these jews are a threat to the zionist control of thought, because they dare to speak out and confront other jews on the matter, arguing that they are being put in danger and are feeling targeted because of bi-national Israeli behavior in the media. To me, that looks like the old Herzl tactic of creating antisemitism, just to keep all the Jews under control... what do you think?

The truth is that this stand-up comic never advocated violence against Jews as a people or religious group, his point was to laugh about the all-powerful lobby of CRIF, LICRA and all the other Zionist controlled factions monopolizing public debate over just about anything. And the way he did it is truly witty and funny... What makes Zionists lobby outraged is that Jews are laughing while attending Dieudonné's shows!! Jews are not allowed to escape from Zionist trail...

The sole judge of the State Council that delivered the ban on Dieudonné's shows everywhere in France is... Bernard Stirn, the great-nephew of Alfred Dreyfus...!!! History always repeat itself, hopefully this time, there will be some truth shining...

To sum up, Roger Cukierman the former president of CRIF, who was seen on every television set bashing Dieudonné, used to be the CEO of Edmond the Rothschild Group... Just in case there is any doubt about WHO is pulling the strings...

French Jews Opposed to Zionist Lobby
    Last edited by Hervé; 16th January 2014 at 15:00.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (17th February 2014), fractal being (17th January 2014), Reinhard (18th March 2015), Valerie Villars (10th August 2018)

17. Link to Post #49
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Pile of dung dumped outside French National Assembly

French gendarmes gather around a pile of manure which was dumped from a truck in front of the French National Assembly on January 16, 2013 in Paris

AFP

Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:57 PM GMT

A truck dumped a huge pile of manure outside France's National Assembly on Thursday in a protest against the French political elite.

The driver of the truck -- which was marked with the slogan "Out with Hollande and the whole political class!" -- was apprehended by police shortly after releasing his smelly load outside the front gates of the grand Palais Bourbon that hosts the lower house Assembly.

He was taken to a nearby police station and expected to face charges.

It was unclear what was behind the protest, but it comes as President Francois Hollande faces a scandal over revelations he had affair with an actress 18 years his junior.

© 2014 AFP

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

fractal being (17th January 2014), mosquito (15th February 2014), Operator (17th January 2014), outerheaven (16th January 2014), TargeT (17th January 2014)

19. Link to Post #50
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Unfortunately... it's all got to do with the price of fish:

Illuminati Banker Unveiled Method of Control
    January 21, 2014

(Otto Kahn.)

In a candid moment after WW1, Kuhn Loeb partner Otto Kahn
    explained that the Cabalist bankers "remake" the world
    by creating artificial conflicts and determining the outcome.
    These include world wars, the Cold War, and the "war on terror"
    not to mention the phony "Left-Right" divide that holds America in gridlock .

by Henry Makow Ph.D.
    (Revised from Oct. 19, 2011)

Otto Kahn, (1869-1934) was a partner with Jacob Schiff and Paul Warburg in America's most influential investment bank Kuhn Loeb.

Thus, it is worth recalling what he said about the Illuminati Jewish strategy.

In his book Geneva Versus Peace (1937) the Comte de St. Aulaire, who was the French ambassador to London, recalled a dinner conversation with Otto Kahn which took place shortly after WWI. This shocking expose is fast disappearing down the memory hole.

Asked why bankers would back Bolshevism, a system supposedly inimical to private ownership, Kahn tugged on his enormous cigar and explained that the bankers create apparent opposites to "remake the world" according to their specifications:

"You say that Marxism is the very antithesis of capitalism, which is equally sacred to us. It is precisely for this reason that they are direct opposites to one another, that they put into our hands the two poles of this planet and allow us to be its axis. These two contraries, like Bolshevism and ourselves, find their identity in the International. [Presumably, he means the Comintern.]

"These opposites ... meet again in the identity of their purpose and end in the remaking of the world from above by the control of riches, and from below by revolution.

"Our mission consists in promulgating the new law and in creating a God, that is to say in purifying the idea of God and realizing it, when the time shall come. We shall purify the idea by identifying it with the nation of Israel, which has become its own Messiah. The advent of it will be facilitated by the final triumph of Israel...

"Our essential dynamism makes use of the forces of destruction and forces of creation, but uses the first to nourish the second...Our organization for revolution is evidenced by destructive Bolshevism and for construction by the League of Nations which is also our work.

"Bolshevism is the accelerator and the League is the brake on the mechanism of which we supply both the motive force and the guiding power.

"What is the end? It is already determined by our mission. It is formed of elements scattered throughout the whole world, but cast in the flame of our faith in ourselves. We are a League of Nations which contains the elements of all others...Israel is the microcosm and the germ of the city of the future."

[...]

Full article: http://henrymakow.com/geneva_versus_peace.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To wit:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicolas Anelka faces minimum five-match ban over 'quenelle'

The Guardian
    Tue, 21 Jan 2014 00:46 CST

© Ian Kington/AFP/Getty Images
    Nicolas Anelka makes the 'quenelle' gesture after scoring against West Ham in December last year.

Nicolas Anelka has been charged by the Football Association for making a gesture that was alleged to be "abusive or indecent or insulting or improper" during the match against West Ham on 28 December last year.

An FA statement said: "It is alleged that, in the 40th minute of the fixture, Anelka made a gesture which was abusive and/or indecent and/or insulting and/or improper, contrary to FA Rule E3 [1].

"It is further alleged that this is an aggravated breach, as defined in FA Rule E3 [2], in that it included a reference to ethnic origin and/or race and/or religion or belief."

Anelka last saw action in the 1-1 draw at home to Everton on Monday.

Anelka has until 6pm on 23 January 2014 to respond to the charge.

The minimum suspension for the offence is five games though the FA could make it more.

West Brom issued a statement saying they had "noted The FA's charge against Nicolas Anelka regarding the gesture he made after scoring his first goal against West Ham United on December 28.

"Anelka has received a 34-page document explaining the allegations against him and informing him that he has until 6pm on Thursday to respond. The player is now considering his options.

"Under FA rules, Anelka remains available for first-team selection until the FA's disciplinary process has reached its conclusion. Following this, the club will conclude its own internal inquiry."

Anelka made the gesture, commonly interpreted as a quenelle, during a goal celebration against West Ham United last month. The quenelle has antisemitic connotations and has been described by some as an inverted Nazi salute, although Anelka has insisted he was merely showing solidarity with the French comedian Dieudonné M'Bala M'Bala, who brought the gesture to prominence, and that it was an anti-establishment gesture lacking any racist intent.

Quote Comment: The true sentiment of the gesture is plainly referenced, it's an "up yours!" to the system (the bent arm showing just how far up!). But comedian Dieudonne is critical of Zionism, is popular, and is being targeted by the powers that be to silence him. Propaganda and distortion such as the above are tools of the trade. The move by Zoopla adding to the hysteria.

In a world of 'gesture politics', the public mustn't be allowed to have their own (gestures or political opinions). Only officially sanctioned thoughts are permitted and being critical of Zionism is not on the list.

For more background see: The Move to Muzzle Dieudonné M'Bala M'Bala
    [...]

Full article: http://www.sott.net/article/272357-N...-over-quenelle

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The above wouldn't make sense if it weren't for this:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

French state enlists support of Jewish Defense League to crush dissent

Nicolas Bourgoin
    Mediapart Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:12 CST

More right-wing than the 'right-wing': members of the JDL hold a rally in Paris.

The upheavals of the "Dieudonné case" highlighted the power of the pro-Israel lobby inside the French State (see here the analysis of Jacob Cohen). A departure from precedent at the Council of State (Supreme Court), which made its decision in a hurry and under pressure from LICRA (read here), massive deployments of police forces around comedy venues and cultural arenas, fiscal and judicial harassment, planned closure of his YouTube channel and eviction from his own theater, not to mention the full range of political and media establishment against him (see here)... guilty of Zionist dissent, nothing has been spared against Dieudonné.

This campaign benefited from the firepower of CRIF and LICRA, ideological state apparatuses (see my post here on this issue) and the mainstream media, but also from auxiliary forces, including the Ligue de Défense Juive [Jewish Defense League]. Terrorizing, beating, and insulting spectators and acquaintances of Dieudonné at truly punitive expeditions outside La Main d'Or theater in Paris - for which, needless to say, police forces are not mobilized for the occasion, and who do not lift a finger to help victims of violence (see here) - this paramilitary militia already has a long history behind it, dotted with violence and abuse of all kinds.

The Jewish Defence League was founded in New York in 1968 by the American rabbi Meir Kahane. His counterpart in France LDJ was founded by Pierre Lurgat, a former member of Betar in October 2000, initially under the name of Liberté Démocratie et Judaïsme [Freedom, Democracy and Judaism]. Self-dissolved in 2003, it reformed as the Jewish Defense League. Its objective: to "defend the French Jewish community" by fighting against anti-Semitism, anti-Judaism and anti-Zionism.

Full article: http://www.sott.net/article/272336-F...-crush-dissent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ... and this:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nicolas Anelka: West Brom sponsor Zoopla to end deal

West Brom sponsor Zoopla have decided to end their sponsorship of the club at the end of the season because of Nicolas Anelka's "quenelle" gesture.

Anelka, 34, made the sign, described as an inverted Nazi salute and declared by some to be anti-Semitic, after scoring against West Ham on 28 December, 2013.
    Zoopla, co-owned by Jewish businessman Alex Chesterman, will focus on other marketing activities.

Full typical BBC article: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25810659

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (17th February 2014)

21. Link to Post #51
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 times in 424 posts

I've always said the French have no sense of humor.
    Dammit, honey! You left the seat down again!

22. Link to Post #52
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Dieudonné: 'Quenelle' is a gesture of emancipation, there's nothing Nazi about it

Paul Harrison Sky News Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:06 CST

The French comedian who invented the controversial 'quenelle' gesture used by Nicolas Anelka has said he is "proud" of the footballer.

In his first TV interview since Anelka's actions sparked the furore, Dieudonne M'bala M'bala exclusively told Sky News' Paul Harrison that neither he nor the West Bromwich Albion striker were racist or anti-Semitic.

"Nicolas Anelka has all my support, of course," he said.

"We see him as a brother in our humanity. He's someone who is very courageous and for whom I have very much respect and admiration.

The quenelle has been described as an "inverted Nazi salute" and photographs have emerged of people performing it outside the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp and at Holocaust memorials around the world.

Dieudonne said: "There's no hint of racism, racism is a bad thing.

"The quenelle was at the start an insult, a little like this, I'm not sure how you do it in England (performs 'up yours' gesture).

"In France, it's a gesture against the system."

He added that the use of the quenelle was linked to the history of slavery that affected his and Anelka's ancestors.

"Nicolas Anelka and I, we are French of African origin and this salute is a gesture of emancipation," he said.

"Anelka is a descendant of slaves and if he wants to remark on this history then he has the right to - and we are all very proud of him doing so.

"We are all behind him in solidarity and we are above all proud of him because of his noble position. To us, he is a prince."

Anelka has been charged by the Football Association with making an "abusive and/or indecent and/or insulting and/or improper" gesture and faces a minimum five-game ban.

On Thursday, he denied the charge and requested a personal hearing to defend his case.

But he has repeatedly insisted he used it while celebrating a goal against West Ham United to show his support for Dieudonne, who has consistently claimed it is intended to be an anti-Zionist and anti-establishment gesture.

Anelka's case initially appeared to have been backed by Roger Cukierman, head of Jewish organisation CRIF (Representative Council of French Jewish Institutions) and vice-president of the World Jewish Congress.

He told French newspaper Le Figaro the quenelle is only anti-Semitic when it is performed at a Jewish site.

"In a place that has no significance for Jews, it is merely an anti-establishment gesture which I feel does not warrant any harsh sanction," he said.

But in a statement on the CRIF website, Mr Cukierman clarified his earlier views and said he was disappointed by Anelka's actions.

"The quenelle is a Nazi salute reversed, there's no doubt in my mind because this is the will of the one who created and popularised it for purely ideological ends," he said.

"My statements in Le Figaro are no denial or renunciation on this subject, despite the interpretations that were made.

"However, I wished, perhaps too quickly, to demonstrate that it was important to show discernment, restraint, to avoid being drawn into a spiral that was difficult to control.

"It is clear the gesture of the quenelle has dangerously spread among our citizens and especially youth.

"Should we be hard on them? Definitely, as it glorifies crime against humanity, but we must also teach the youth who are manipulated by Dieudonne and his followers.

"This is why I was disappointed with the attitude of Anelka, whose behaviour is the opposite of what a top athlete must show the youth of our country."

SOTT Comment: Very interesting!

So, the Jewish lobby in France initially recognized it to be an anti-system gesture, but then it was later appropriated by the French government as being 'anti-semitic'.

Someone then leaned on the CRIF to 'get in line'...

Once again we see how it takes just a handful of psychopaths in power to throw the Jews under the bus when the going gets rough for the political classes.

And isn't it amazing how a 'Western democratic establishment' can be so paranoid about a joke circulating among the common people?!

They seem to instinctively realize that the 'Quenelle', as a symbol, contains power...

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (17th February 2014), Operator (24th January 2014), TargeT (29th January 2014)

24. Link to Post #53
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

French police raid comedian's home and offices, arrest owner of alternative media website

ukwirednews.com Tue, 28 Jan 2014 13:52 CST
    http://www.sott.net/article/272812-F...-media-website

RAID officers stormed the comedian's offices at his Paris theater today

Police in France have raided properties linked to controversial comedian Dieudonné M'Bala M'Bala as part of a fraud inquiry, French media report.

They swooped on several properties owned by Dieudonné as well as the Main d'Or theatre in Paris, where he has staged some of his shows.

He is suspected of a fraudulent declaration of bankruptcy, money-laundering and abuse of company assets.

The government has vowed to make him pay fines for hate speech.

According to French media, he has transferred 400,000 euros (£331,000; $547,000) to Cameroon since 2009 while failing to pay fines totalling 65,000 euros.

Dieudonné has been convicted six times of hate speech against Jews and popularised a gesture called the "quenelle", widely regarded as an inverted Nazi salute.

Police have detained a man suspected of distributing a photo of a quenelle being made outside a Jewish school in the south-western city of Toulouse, where an Islamist gunman shot dead three small children and a teacher in March 2012, AFP news agency reports.
    SOTT Comment: The man who has been arrested for "distributing the forbidden photo" is French blogger 'Joe le Corbeau', who included the photo in a blogpost for reference.
    The man who was detained near Marseille on Tuesday is also suspected of distributing another image of a quenelle outside the Toulouse flat of the killer, Mohammed Merah, who died in a police siege.
    SOTT Comment: The dark irony of this situation is that these people made this gesture at these sites to show that they do not believe the official story of the events (unsurprisingly) that took place there, not to jeer at the Jewish victims of these acts of terrorism.
    Youths could be seen making quenelles at a rally against President Francois Hollande on Sunday in Paris, which was organised by small, mainly right-wing organisations.

SOTT Comment: Actually, 120,000 people turned out, and a wide cross-section of French society was present.
    Interior Minister Manuel Valls accused Dieudonné of trying to bankrupt himself earlier this month in order to avoid paying the fines.

Police questioned the comedian last week after bailiffs reported being fired on with rubber bullets at his house.

With each new crackdown, the 'Quenelle movement' grows in France

The bailiffs had said they could not ascertain who had opened fire but a weapon was later found during a search of Dieudonné's property.

Earlier this month a ban on Dieudonné's one-man show The Wall was upheld by France's highest court.

Interior Minister Manuel Valls had taken strenuous steps to ban the show. Initial performances in Paris contained sketches including the performer miming urination against the Western Wall in Jerusalem.

Dieudonné was also recorded referring to the Holocaust in remarks about a Jewish journalist and mocking commemoration of the Nazi extermination of the Jews.

When he announced a new show devoted to Africa, this was also promptly banned by the authorities in Paris.

Last week, French footballer Nicolas Anelka, who plays for the English premier league football club West Bromwich Albion, was charged by the Football Association (FA) over making a quenelle gesture after scoring a goal in a match last month.

The footballer faces a minimum five-match ban from the FA if found guilty of making a gesture that was "abusive and/or indecent and/or insulting and/or improper".

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (17th February 2014), outerheaven (28th January 2014), TargeT (29th January 2014)

26. Link to Post #54
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

If it weren't so sad...

TSA loudspeakers threaten travelers with arrest for joking about security

Source
    Wed, 29 Jan 2014 04:25 CST

© Trent Nelson /The Salt Lake Tribune
    A traveler attempts to prove his innocence to a federal checkpoint agent

Travelers are reporting threatening messages coming from the loudspeakers of the Travel Security Administration. The TSA has been broadcasting warnings that people will be arrested for making jokes in the presence of the infamous federal checkpoint agents. Policestateusa.com has obtained exclusive audio of the threats.

Matt Miller said on the morning of September 20th, during his return trip from Colorado to Florida, he spent a few hours in Houston waiting for a connecting flight. Sitting at the George Bush Intercontinental Airport, he repeatedly heard a TSA audio message on the intercom that disturbed him.
    Quote ...You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest.
    Miller documented the message with an audio recording via his cell phone and sent it to us.

Full article: http://www.policestateusa.com/2013/t...king-security/

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Eram (29th January 2014), TargeT (29th January 2014), Valerie Villars (10th August 2018)

28. Link to Post #55
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Apocalypse France: What is really happening in the land of cheese and wine

Youtube
    Fri, 24 Jan 2014 05:20 CST

Most of the world is not aware of what is going on in France at this moment. This brief video presents a concise picture:

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

DarMar (3rd February 2014), TargeT (30th January 2014)

30. Link to Post #56
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

If there ever was a reluctant Messiah...

Dieudonné M'bala M'bala: French 'quenelle' comedian banned from UK

Home Office warns border officials not to let controversial comic into UK to support Nicolas Anelka in 'quenelle' gesture hearing

Kim Willsher in Paris
    theguardian.com, Monday 3 February 2014 14.23 GMT

Dieudonné: a Home Office spokesperson confirmed that the French comic is subject to an exclusion order. Photograph: Sipa Press/REX

The controversial French comedian Dieudonné M'bala M'bala has been banned from entering Britain after several of his shows were cancelled in France.

Dieudonné had said he would travel to the UK to support his friend, footballer Nicolas Anelka, who is facing a disciplinary hearing after performing a "quenelle" – an allegedly antisemitic gesture – during a Premier League match.

The Home Office has declared the performer persona non grata and warned he will not be allowed into the country.

The Home Office has sent out a warning to airlines and other transport companies as well as border officials, that the performer, known by his stage name Dieudonné, is an "excluded" individual.

A Home Office spokesperson said: "We can confirm that Mr Dieudonné is subject to an exclusion order. The home secretary will seek to exclude an individual from the UK if she considers that there are public policy or public security reasons to do so."

Several of Dieudonné's shows were banned in France last month at the start of a 22-date tour amid fears that his stereotypical portrait of Jews and mocking of the Holocaust were a risk to public order.

Dieudonné fans and civil liberties campaigners accused the French government of attacking free speech and of censorship. The comedian rewrote his shows dropping the most offensive material.

Anelka, a striker with West Bromwich Albion, has been charged by the Football Association after performing a quenelle when he scored a goal against West Ham on 28 December.

The 34-year-old player said he was expressing his support for his friend Dieudonné, who claims to have invented the gesture, described by some as an inverted Nazi salute.

Dieudonné, who has convictions for inciting racial hatred through his antisemitic jokes and comments, insists the gesture is simply anti-establishment. However, he has failed to distance himself from groups and individuals who have posted photographs of themselves doing the quenelle outside synagogues, Holocaust memorials, Jewish schools and even at the Nazi death camp at Auschwitz.

Anelka has insisted he is "neither antisemitic or racist". The hearing is not expected before the end of February.

The document outlining the ban on Dieudonné was leaked to the Swiss newspaper Tages-Anzeiger. It states that the 47-year-old comic "should not be carried to the UK" (pdf).

It warned transport carriers they faced a fine of up to £10,000 if they allow him to travel to Britain.

"The above-named has been excluded from the UK at the direction of the secretary of state on 31 January 2014. Carriers required to provide data to e-Borders will be refused authority to carry him to the UK. He is not eligible for carriage. If he travels he will be denied entry at the UK border."

France's interior minister, who supported the ban on Dieudonné's shows, said he was no longer artistic or funny but engaged in the "mechanics of hate".

"We cannot tolerate antisemitism, historical revisionism and racism, and the highest jurisdiction in our country has agreed*," he said.

Dieudonné was questioned by police two weeks ago after a bailiff who arrived at the comedian's home to serve a writ claimed he was attacked.

The comedian is at the centre of several official and police inquiries after allegations of unpaid fines, the "fraudulent organisation of bankruptcy" and another claim that he incited racial hatred after making antisemitic remarks about radio presenter Patrick Cohen.

During one of his shows Dieudonné told the audience: "When I hear Patrick Cohen speak, I tell myself, you know, the gas chambers … a pity."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Interesting "matraquage" of "keywords" and association/"positioning" by all media; across the boards!

*A one-man "show" in the middle of the night, see previous posts.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (17th February 2014), Operator (3rd February 2014)

32. Link to Post #57
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

A brief rundown by SOTT.net:

Dieudonné's latest video: Comedian thanks French Interior Minister Manuel Valls' witch-hunt for making him more popular than ever! (English subtitles)

Dieudo-Sphere YouTube Fri, 31 Jan 2014 11:01 CST

Dieudonné posted this vlog, filmed from his La Main d'Or theater in Paris on January 31 2014, in which he quickly summarised the various moves made by the French State against him since Interior Minister Manual Valls began his campaign to 'eradicate' the comedian in December 2013, updated his supporters with information about upcoming show dates... and sung a little tune with his wife.

SOTT.net Comment:

For reference

On Manuel 'El Blanco' Valls...
    Who is Manuel Valls? France's Socialist Sarkozy

French philosopher Alain Soral denounces Zionist Manuel Valls

French Interior Minister Manuel Valls sent packing by angry crowd doing 'la quenelle' at Rennes train station

Dieudonné ban "a victory for French Republic", declares Manuel Valls: Poll shows 95% of France disagrees with Interior Minister, jeered by large crowd in Brittany
    The 'Cahuzac' Dieudonné refers to...
    French fiscal scandal widens: Finance Minister Moscovici feels the heat as it emerges he knew of Budget Minister Cahuzac's secret offshore accounts

Hypocrisie en France: Tax evasion scandal widens as ex-banker hands in list of 15 'big name' politicians with undeclared bank accounts in Switzerland

French government ministers implicated in scandal to use police to protect themselves from tax evasion
    Some of the actions taken by the French (and UK) State... along with some unanticipated consequences...
    British government teams up with French government to ban stand-up 'comic-terrorist' Dieudonne from travelling to UK

French police raid comedian's home and offices, arrest owner of alternative media website

Police state: Dieudonné M'bala M'bala, the creator of Nicolas Anelka's controversial 'Quenelle', is arrested in France

Nicolas Anelka faces minimum five-match ban over 'quenelle'

Rise of the far-right extremists: French Jewish vigilante group comes out of shadows

French comedian Dieudonne holds press conference, accepts ban of his show 'The Wall', announces new show about French-African issues, government immediately bans it without having seen the material

As local authorities ban his next show in Tours, French Interior Minister Manuel Valls seeks to ban comedian Dieudonné from Internet

France's 'quenelle' crackdown begins: Nine teenagers threatened with fine of 45,000 euros for 'insulting the President of the Republic'
    For current and historical context to understand what's happening in France...
    Protest turns into riot as 120,000 take to Paris streets to demand President's resignation

Dieudonné: 'Quenelle' is a gesture of emancipation, there's nothing Nazi about it

Dieudonné M'bala M'bala interview: "I'm just trying to show that the age of colonialism never ended"

French Interior Minister Manuel Valls has a paranoid conspiracy theory: 'Comedian Dieudonne is financed by Iran'

French comedian Dieudonné explained in 5 mins

Dieudonné M'bala M'bala and the Quenellization of France

French state enlists support of Jewish Defense League to crush dissent

The Move to Muzzle Dieudonné M'Bala M'Bala

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (17th February 2014), Operator (3rd February 2014)

34. Link to Post #58
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

The Shoah as State Religion?
    Blasphemy in Secular France

by DIANA JOHNSTONE
    Paris.

The campaign by the French government, mass media and influential organizations to silence the Franco-Cameroonese humorist Dieudonné M’Bala M’Bala continues to expose a radical split in perception within the French population. The official “mobilization” against the standup comedian, first called for by Interior Minister Manuel Valls at a ruling Socialist Party gathering last summer, portrays the entertainer as a dangerous anti-Semitic rabble rouser, whose “quenelle”* gesture is interpreted as a “Nazi salute in reverse”.

For his fans and supporters, those accusations are false and absurd.

The most significant result of the Dieudonné uproar so far is probably the dawning realization, among more and more people, that the “Shoah”, or Holocaust, functions as the semi-official State Religion of France.

On RTL television last January 10, the well-known nonconformist commentator Eric Zemmour (who happens to be Jewish) observed that it was “grotesque and ridiculous” to associate Dieudonné with the Third Reich. Zemmour described Dieudonné as a product of the French left’s multiculturalism. “It’s the left that has taught us since May ’68 that it is prohibited to prohibit, that we must shock the bourgeois. It is the left that has turned the Shoah into the supreme religion of the Republic…”

Zemmour suggested that Dieudonné was provoking “the respectable left-wing bourgeoisie” and that he “reproaches Jews for wanting to conserve the monopoly of suffering and steal primacy in suffering from descendants of slavery”.

There is more than that at stake. Reminders of the Shoah serve indirectly to justify France’s increasingly pro-Israel foreign policy in the Middle East. Dieudonné opposed the war against Libya enough to go there to show his solidarity with the country being bombed by NATO.

Dieudonné began his career as a militant anti-racist. Instead of apologizing for his 2003 sketch mocking an “extreme Zionist settler”, Dieudonné retorted by gradually extending his sphere of humor to cover the Shoah. The campaign against him can be seen as an effort to restore the sacred character of the Shoah by enforcing repression of a contemporary form of blasphemy.

To confirm this impression, on January 9 an “historic” agreement was reached between the Paris Prosecutor’s Office and the French Shoah Memorial that any teenager found guilty of anti-Semitism may be sentenced to undergo a course of “sensitivity to the extermination of the Jews”. Studying genocide is supposed to teach them “republican values of tolerance and respect for others”.

This is perhaps exactly what they don’t need. The Prosecutor’s Office may be unaware of all the young people who are saying that they have had too much, rather than not enough, Shoah education.

An atypical article in Le Monde of January 8 cited opinions anyone can easily hear from French youth, but which are usually ignored. After interviewing ten left-leaning, middle class spectators who denied any anti-Semitism, Soren Seelow quoted Nico, a 22-year-old left-voting law student at the Sorbonne, who adores Dieudonné for “liberating” laughter in what he considers a stuffy conformist society of “good thoughts”. As for the Shoah, Nico complained that “they’ve been telling us about it since elementary school. When I was 12, I saw a film with bulldozers pushing bodies into ditches. We are subjected to a guilt-inducing morality from the earliest age.”

In addition to history courses, teachers organize commemorations of the Shoah and trips to Auschwitz. Media reminders of the Shoah are almost daily. Unique in French history, the so-called Gayssot law provides that any statement denying or minimizing the Shoah can be prosecuted and even lead to prison.

Scores of messages received from French citizens in response to my earlier article (CounterPunch, January 1, 2014) as well as private conversations make it clear to me that reminders of the Shoah are widely experienced by people born decades after the defeat of Nazism as invitations to feel guilty or at least uncomfortable for crimes they did not commit. Like many demands for solemnity, the Shoah can be felt as a subject that imposes uneasy silence. Laughter is then felt as liberation.

But for others, such laughter can only be an abomination.

Dieudonné has been fined 8,000 euros for his song “Shoananas”, and further such condemnations are in the offing. Such lawsuits, brought primarily by LICRA (Ligue internationale contre le racisme et l’antisémitisme), also aim to wipe him out financially.

“Hatred”
    One line in the chorus against Dieudonné is that he is “no longer a comedian” but has turned his shows into “anti-Semitic political meetings” which spread “hatred”. Even the distant New Yorker magazine has accused the humorist of making a career out of peddling “hatred”. This raises images of terrible things happening that are totally remote from a Dieudonné show or its consequences.

There was no atmosphere of hatred among the thousands of fans left holding their tickets when Dieudonné’s January 9 show in Nantes was banned at the last minute by France’s highest administrative authority, the Conseil d’Etat. Nobody was complaining of being deprived of a “Nazi rally”. Nobody thought of causing harm to anyone. All said they had come to enjoy the show. They represented a normal cross-section of French youth, largely well-educated middle class. The show was banned on the grounds of “immaterial disturbance of public order”. The disappointed crowd dispersed peacefully. Dieudonné’s shows have never led to any public disorder.

But there is no mistaking the virulent hatred against Dieudonné.

Philippe Tesson, a prominent editor, announced during a recent radio interview that he would “profoundly rejoice” at seeing Dieudonné executed by a firing squad. “He is a filthy beast, so get rid of him!” he exclaimed.

The internet Rabbi Rav Haim Dynovisz, in the course of a theology lesson, acknowledged that Darwin’s theory of evolution, which he rejects, had been proved by Dieudonné to apply to “certain” people, who must have descended from gorillas.

Two 17-year-olds have been permanently expelled from their high school for having made the quenelle gesture, on grounds of “crimes against humanity”. The Franco-Israeli web magazine JSSNews is busily investigating the identities of persons making the quenelle sign in order to try to get them fired from their jobs, boasting that it will “add to unemployment in France”.

The owners of the small Paris theater, “La Main d’Or”, rented by Dieudonné on a lease running until 2019, recently rushed back from Israel expressing their intention to use a technicality to end his lease and throw him out.

The worst thing Dieudonné has ever said during his performances, so far as I am aware, was a personal insult against the radio announcer Patrick Cohen. Cohen has insistently urged that persons he calls “sick brains” such as Dieudonné or Tariq Ramadan be banned from television appearances. In late December, French television (which otherwise has kept Dieudonné off the airwaves) recorded Dieudonné saying that “when I hear Patrick Cohen talking, I think to myself, you know, the gas chambers…Too bad…”

With the anti-Dieudonné campaign already well underway, this offensive comment was seized upon as if it were typical of Dieudonné’s shows. It was an excessively crude reaction by Dieudonné to virulent personal attacks against himself.

Irreverence is a staple for standup comics, like it or not. And Dieudonné’s references to the Holocaust, or Shoah, all fall into the category of irreverence.

On matters other than the Shoah, there is no shortage of irreverence in France.

Traditional religions, as well as prominent individuals, are regularly caricatured in a manner so scatological as to make the quenelle look prudish. In October, 2011, Paris police intervened against traditional Catholics who sought to interrupt a play which included (the apparent) pouring of excrement over the face of Jesus. The political-media establishment vigorous defended the play, unconcerned that it was perceived by some people as “offensive”.

Recently, France gave a big welcome to the Ukrainian group calling itself “Femen”, young women who seem to have studied Gene Sharp’s doctrines of provocation, and use their bare breasts as (ambiguous) statements. These women were rapidly granted residence papers (so hard to get for many immigrant workers) and allowed to set up shop in the midst of the main Muslim neighborhood in Paris, where they immediately attempted to try (unsuccessfully) to provoke the incredulous residents. The blonde Femen leader was even chosen to portray the symbol of the Republic, Marianne, on the current French postage stamp, although she does not speak French.

Last December 20, these “new feminists” invaded the Church of the Madeleine near the Elysée Palace in Paris, acted out “the abortion of Jesus” and then pissed on the high altar. There were no cries of indignation from the French government. The Catholic Church is complaining, but such complaints have a feeble echo in France today.

Why the Shoah Must Be Sacred
    When Dieudonné sings lightly of the Shoah, he is believed by some to be denying the Holocaust and calling for its repetition (a contradictory proposition, upon reflection). The sacred nature of the Shoah is defended by the argument that keeping alive the memory of the Holocaust is essential to prevent it from “happening again”. By suggesting the possibility of repetition, it keeps fear alive.

This argument is generally accepted as a sort of law of nature. We must keep commemorating genocide to prevent it from happening again. But is there really any evidence to support this argument?

Nothing proves that repeated reminders of an immense historic event that happened in the past prevent it from happening again. History doesn’t work that way. As for the Shoah, gas chambers and all, it is quite preposterous to imagine that it could happen again considering all the factors that made it happen in the first place. Hitler had a project to confirm the role of Germans as the master “Aryan” race in Europe, and hated the Jews as a dangerous rival elite. Who now has such a project? Certainly not a Franco-African humorist! Hitler is not coming back, nor is Napoleon Bonaparte, nor is Attila the Hun.

Constantly recalling the Shoah, in articles, movies, news items, as well as at school, far from preventing anything, can create a morbid fascination with “identities”. It fosters “victim rivalries”. This fascination can lead to unanticipated results. Some 330 schools in Paris bear plaques commemorating the Jewish children who were deported to Nazi concentration camps. How do little Jewish children today react to that? Do they find it reassuring?

This may be useful to the State of Israel, which is currently undertaking a three-year program to encourage more of France’s 600,000 Jews to leave France and go to Israel. In 2013, the number of Aliyah from France rose to more than 3,000, a trend attributed by the European Jewish Press to the “French Jewish community’s increasingly Zionistic mentality, particularly among young French Jews, and a manifestation of efforts by the Jewish Agency, the Israel government, and other non-profits to cultivate Jewish identity in France.”

“If this year we have seen Aliyah from France go from under 2,000 to more than 3,000, I look forward to seeing that number grow to 6,000 and beyond in the near future, as we connect ever more young people to Jewish life and to Israel,” declared Natan Sharansky, Chairman of the Executive of the Jewish Agency for Israel. Surely, one way to encourage Aliyah is to scare Jews with the threat of anti-Semitism, and claiming that Dieudonné’s numerous fans are Nazis in disguise is a good way to do this.

But as for Jews who want to live in France, is it really healthy to keep reminding Jewish children that, if they are not wary, their fellow citizens might one day want to hoard them onto freight trains and ship them all to Auschwitz? I have heard people saying privately that this permanent reminder is close to child abuse.

Someone who thinks that way is Jonathan Moadab, a 25-year-old independent journalist who was interviewed by Soren Seelow. Moadab is both anti-Zionist and a practicing Jew. As a child he was taken to tour Auschwitz. He told Seelow that that living with that “victim indoctrination” had engendered a sort of “pre-traumatic stress syndrome”.

“Dieudonné’s jokes about the Shoah, like his song Shoananas, are not aimed at the Shoah itself,” he says, “but at the exploitation of the Holocaust described by the American political writer Norman Finkelstein.”

On January 22, on his web site Agence Info Libre, Jonathan Moadab openly called for “separating the State from the Holocaust religion”. Moadab cites professor Yeshayahu Leibowitz as the first to point out the many ways in which the Holocaust has become the new Jewish religion. If that is so, everyone has the right to practice the religion of the Shoah. But should it be the official religion of France?

French politicians never cease celebrating the “laicité”, the secularism, of the French Republic. Interior Minister Manuel Valls, who proclaims his own devotion to Israel, because his wife is Jewish, recently called the Shoah the “sanctuary that cannot be profaned”. Moadab concludes that if the Shoah is a sanctuary, then the Holocaust is a religion, and the Republic is not secular.

Changes are taking place in the attitude of young people in France. This change is not due to Dieudonné. It is due to the passage of time. The Holocaust became the religion of the West at a time when the generation after World War II was in the mood to blame their parents. Now we are with the grandchildren, or great-grandchildren, of those who lived through that period, and they want to look ahead. No law can stop this.

*As described in my earlier article, the “quenelle” is a vulgar gesture roughly meaning “up yours”, with one hand placed at the top of the other arm stretched down to signify “how far up” this is to be. Using the name of a French dumpling, Dieudonné started using this gesture in a wholly different context years ago, as an expression of defiance, incredulity or indifference.

Diana Johnstone can be reached at diana.johnstone@wanadoo.fr

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (17th February 2014), Operator (6th February 2014)

36. Link to Post #59
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Dieudonne puts BBC Newsnight reporter in his place, issues verbal quenelle to British government
    BBC, Fri, 07 Feb 2014 14:22 CST

Fans of the comedian have condemned the banning of his shows as censorship

The French comedian Dieudonne Mbala Mbala, he of the infamous Quenelle gesture, today sent a billet doux to the Prime minister following the Home Secretary's decision on Monday to ban him from entering the UK.

He had previously declared that he would travel to Britain to support the West Brom player Nicholas Anelka who used the gesture, an alleged reverse nazi salute, when he scored against West Ham. Anelka who denies any malicious intent, now faces an FA disciplinary hearing. Newsnight's Steve Smith hopped across the channel to Paris this morning to meet him in the theatre where he's performing.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Akasha (17th February 2014)

38. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member 8Adamas8's Avatar
    Thanks

Obama and crew brushing shoulders off or doing la quenelle? you be the judge. I call irony.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Obama-Jayz-Beyonce.png
Views:	272
Size:	353.8 KB
ID:	24889

39. The Following User Says Thank You to 8Adamas8 For This Post:

Hervé (11th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast