Thanks
    Thanked 8,210 times in 1,149 posts

Default Re: Moldy Modern diet, and Biohacking your body

Why Yogurt and Probiotics Make You Fat and Foggy

A terrific article that is worth studying
    http://www.bulletproofexec.com/why-y...fat-and-foggy/

Here is a synopsis:
    Our gut biome has changed due to modern farming and factory fresh foods

Eating organic means that the soil your food was grown on is alive with many good organisms

Disturbance in our gut boime is adding to a recent rise in histamine intolerance. This leads to things like:
    ** inflammation
    *****hives
    ********skin irritation
    ***********throat tightening
    **************increased heart rate
    *****************nasal congestion
    *******************migraines
    *********************fatigue
    ************************heartburn
    ****************************reflux
    ******************************weight gain

Histamine intolerance is cumulative and not always immediate
    Quote Different types of bacteria and probiotics also play a part in histamine regulation. Some probiotics are necessary for proper gut function (where histamine lowering enzymes DAO form), but some strains actually raise histamine levels. The different strains of studied probiotics are categorized as (1) histamine producing bacteria, (2) neutral bacteria, or (3) histamine degrading bacteria.7-1

1. Histamine producing bacteria: Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus reuteri, and Lactobacillus bulgaricus (Found in most yogurts and fermented foods).

2. Neutral bacteria: Streptococcus thermophiles (also in yogurt) and Lactobacillus rhamnosus (shown to down regulate histamine receptors and up-regulate anti-inflammatory agents)

3. Histamine degrading bacteria: Bifidobacterium infantis (found in breast milk), Bifidobacterium longum, Lactobacillus plantarum, and some soil-based organisms.

Some of these bacteria form histamine when they break down protein in foods, even vegetables, whether the food is in your gut or fermenting in your kitchen. Now you know why I’m skeptical about throwing a bunch of cabbage into a bucket to let it ferment. You just don’t know what you’re getting.
    In this article there is a sobering story about taking a pre-biotic with ‘The Pearl’ (this is a high quality probiotic touted as one of the best ones you can buy). Dave experienced bloating within 30 minutes and gained 8 pounds within 14 hours. It took him a full week to loose those 8 pounds. Why? The probiotic organisms in ‘the Pearl’ produce histamine....

Even ONE course of antibiotics can wreak havoc on your biome population, ruining your health forever ... unless you take positive steps to correct the situation.

I spent a lot of time researching what probiotics contain histamine DEGRADING bacteria so that I can add them to my current health regime. I hope you do the same.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

conk (9th January 2014), fourty-two (18th January 2014), Hervé (9th January 2014), kennywally (11th February 2015), RunningDeer (16th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018), ulli (9th January 2014)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 times in 277 posts

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    You can get your own crisp clear copy here:
    http://www.bulletproofexec.com/the-c...letproof-diet/
    Can someone please share the pdf of this file here on Avalon as for some reason I'm getting an error downloading it...
    Thanks!
    Czarek
    The ultimate ignorance is the rejection of something you know nothing about and refuse to investigate.
    – Dr. Wayne Dyer

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Czarek For This Post:

Dawn (9th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Australia Avalon Member markoid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,463 times in 479 posts

Czarek: I got an error downloading with firefox, but IE did it just fine.

Here ya go http://www.divshare.com/download/25014943-0c6

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to markoid For This Post:

Czarek (9th January 2014), Dawn (9th January 2014), genevieve (11th January 2014), Hervé (17th January 2014), RunningDeer (16th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,662 times in 8,694 posts

in this podcast they start out talking about Glutathione; pretty interesting and a worthy addition to this thread.
    Quote Dr. Mark Gordon is the Medical Director of Education at Access Medical Laboratory and is recognized as a top leader world wide in Interventional Endocrinology (Anti Aging Medicine).
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (10th January 2014), conk (24th January 2014), Dawn (10th January 2014), fourty-two (18th January 2014), Jean-Marie (10th January 2014), RunningDeer (16th January 2014), Sunny-side-up (10th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 times in 775 posts

The bulletproof coffee looks to be really expensive- over £20 per packet online...is this right?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

Dawn (11th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

Quote Posted by TargeT (here)
    in this podcast they start out talking about Glutathione; pretty interesting and a worthy addition to this thread.
    Quote Dr. Mark Gordon is the Medical Director of Education at Access Medical Laboratory and is recognized as a top leader world wide in Interventional Endocrinology (Anti Aging Medicine).
    Thank you Target. The doctor is quite interesting. However, the animator talks most of the time, swear every second words - which does not make him more intelligent (i do not see the use for it) and has so much comments that are just showing quite a lot of ignorance in general,in my opinion, that I found the whole thing rather distracting from the intelligent coherent stuff. The only good thing is that the animator does admit he is ignorant!! lol

The doctor is good though. So the post was and is appropriate to the thread, really.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Dawn (11th January 2014), fourty-two (18th January 2014), TargeT (10th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

at about 1:57 they get into some interesting stuff on genetics and epi-genetics..

Joe Rogan, the interviewer, is a stand-up comedian/MMA trainer; and while he can distract a bit with personal antidotes, he really brings a LOT of very interesting people to interview and brings a lot of stuff to light that normally wouldn't be. AND he reaches a more "main stream" crowd, sort of a bridge really.
    Hard times create strong men, Strong men create good times, Good times create weak men, Weak men create hard times.
    Where are you?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

4evrneo (27th February 2018), 778 neighbour of some guy (10th January 2014), Dawn (11th January 2014), Jean-Marie (10th January 2014), RunningDeer (16th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Becky: The bulletproof coffee looks to be really expensive- over £20 per packet online...is this right?
    Yes, it is a bit more expensive than commercial store-bought coffee. I can't speak for your prices in the UK, however here in the USA the cost of a mug (16oz) of brewed Bulletproof coffee is $2.00. By the time I add the grass fed butter, MCT and/or Brain oil the cost is $4-5 for everything. It is my breakfast and does so many healthy things that I haven't found it over the top on my somewhat restricted retirement income.

You can purchase coffee that is not Bulletproof, but it will not be tested for mold toxins. Bulletproof coffee is tested... and I understand it costs $5,000.00 to test each shipment of coffee.

You can save some $ by finding 100% pure arabica beans which are 'wet processed'. These are supposed to have the best chance of being mold free... but you can't be sure since no one else runs a mycotoxin test on coffee, as far as I am aware.

As a personal choice I do not mind spending $4-5 on a breakfast which heals my cell walls, is a strong antioxidant, and is strongly anti-fungal.... and it also crosses the blood/brain barrier to do its work directly in my brain and nervous system.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

Becky (11th January 2014), gripreaper (11th January 2014), meat suit (11th January 2014), RunningDeer (16th January 2014), StandingWave (18th March 2014), Swanette (17th February 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Here is a good alternative should the Bulletproof brand be sold out: http://www.longevitywarehouse.com/Fo...andark12oz.htm

David Wolfe has quality products, even if he is a TV commercial hack nowdays.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

fourty-two (18th January 2014), genevieve (14th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks

Quote conkL
    Here is a good alternative should the Bulletproof brand be sold out: http://www.longevitywarehouse.com/Fo...andark12oz.htm
    Hi conk, I'm a bit concerned about the information in the link you posted. It clearly indicates the high ORAC level of goji berries (implying they are a healthy food). In fact, goji berries contain very high levels of poisonous lectins and are very inflammatory... not good for humans to eat at all! Judging the health benefits of coffee based on a scale which shows poisonous gojii berries as a health food shows that the information might not be informed or safe to rely upon. This is not about low or high acid coffee... it is about mold and fungus toxins in the coffee. Please read the quote below

Quote Dave Asbury: Here are the Top 4 most common Bulletproof Coffee mistakes:
    1. “Fresh roasted” and “organic” do not mean healthy or high quality – People use “fresh roasted” coffee thinking it’s better, which it is, compared to “roasted months ago.” But regardless of how beans are roasted, the fact is that the vast majority of beans available for roasting are contaminated with biogenic amines or mycotoxins (damaging compounds created by naturally occurring molds in green coffee production that are linked to all sorts of health problems like cardiomyopathy, cancer, hypertension, and brain damage). Mycotoxins grow on coffee beans before the beans are even roasted (1-3). So although the damage is caused before the roasting process even begins, most people tend to focus on the roasting method because that’s what’s easier. This is why I use the Bulletproof Process™ to make my Upgraded Coffee beans. Of course they are fresh roasted (by the #1 SCAA ranked roaster in the country), but the beans are also engineered throughout the entire creation process to mitigate the dozens of ways mycotoxins and chemicals typically enter the coffee supply chain, and we use laboratory grade testing to verify the results. Unless you test your beans in a lab, the odds are (even with wet process) that you’re not feeling the full boost that the Bulletproof Coffee recipe offers.
    Here is information of how and why goji berries are NOT a health food... but contain poisonous lectins:

Quote When the intestinal wall is inflamed, it becomes damaged, producing more mucous and then the absorption of nutrients is greatly reduced. The balance of gut flora is also significantly affected and yeast infections, candida and the likelihood of parasites and amoebas being present is increased. If the cells are damaged to such an extent that they stop producing protective mucous altogether, then holes actually develop (leaky gut) and lectins, undigested food particles and toxins can pass through into the circulatory system and travel around the entire body attaching themselves to organs (such as thyroid, pancreas, kidneys and others) and inflicting damage. Lectins found in lentils, green peas, corn, potatoes and most strongly wheat, bind to insulin receptors on fat cells sending the same instructions as insulin – which is to make fat. Lectins have also been shown to inhibit digestive hormones (such as leptin) that are involved in appetite control which leads to an increase in appetite and obesity (caused by leptin resistance). The body may also respond to lectins by attacking them and the tissues to which they are attached – thereby initiating an auto immune condition.

Foods that contain high amounts of lectins are all grains, beans (especially soy) and to a lesser extent, seeds and nuts (and their oils). Nightshade vegetables (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and goji berries)
    read more here: http://www.healthywaynaturalfoods.co...rld-of-lectins
    Last edited by Dawn; 12th January 2014 at 03:09.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

conk (13th January 2014), meat suit (12th January 2014), RunningDeer (16th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Dawn, this is what sold me on the coffee.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2014), fourty-two (18th January 2014), RunningDeer (16th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Found the original video in one long set instead of broken into sections

I've ran into bulletproof exec before in other searches (mostly about brain enhancement) I just finished watching this and it's got a lot of great info for a drive by briefing, be sure to check out his website for lots of free info and some very affordable products.

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/

I also found another source of coffee that is exactly what is spoken of by Adam.

http://www.cavemancoffeeco.com/ (as mentioned in the Joe Rogan podcast above)
    Last edited by TargeT; 17th January 2014 at 01:17.
    Where are you?

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TargeT For This Post:

3(C)+me (16th May 2015), 778 neighbour of some guy (17th January 2014), conk (17th January 2014), Dawn (17th January 2014), fourty-two (18th January 2014), Hervé (17th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,872 times in 463 posts

I´m currently doing coffee combined with butter and mct oil in the morning, it feels and tastes pretty good although I don´t know whether it´s really bulletproof

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wegge For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    Tip of the neuron's tendril watching the sparks fly...
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,215 times in 421 posts

Quote Posted by Dawn (here)
    Quote Amer Zo: Why not combine both? (threads and information in them)

... and add this caveat as an edit in your "The Gut Of Most Disease- Not What You Think" OP?
    Yes Amer Zo, I thought about combining them.... but the basic information in that thread is misguided and based on ignorance. It is true that gut bacteria are very important. However, most probiotics are INFLAMMATORY. And home made kefir and fermented vegetables contain types of bacteria which create histamines, as well as mold and fungi mycotoxins. While on the diet recommended in 'the Gut of Most Disease' I started to have serious health issues.

On the Bulletproof diet my health is improving dramatically... especially the foggy and slow brain I was experiencing. 24 days ago I decided to begin tracking my brain improvement through Lumosity.com with a program designed to improve brain performance and track progress. In 24 days my test results show that I have improved my brain function by 22%. This means that, compared to 50,000,000 other people, I have become MUCH smarter and more functional within just 24 days. Now some of this improvement might be from practice... however when I was on the diet, from 'Gut of Most disease' a year ago, my score was less than 25% of what I can do now, despite months of practice.... The difference is brain food, and a reduction of brain toxins.... So you could say that if I had tracked my brain function from Day 1 of being Bulletproof, I would now see a 75% increase in brain function.

Let me tell you... the world looks VERY different now that my brain is clear and my thinking is quick and bright!!!!!

When I was a younger person I had a TOWERING intellect... and it is coming back!
    I'd be careful assuming that your diet increased your brain power. It is very possible that using luminosity is the main factor in your increased brain performance.
    (Insert signature here)

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Octavusprime For This Post:

Dawn (17th January 2014), Shezbeth (17th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

Quote Octavusprime: I'd be careful assuming that your diet increased your brain power. It is very possible that using luminosity is the main factor in your increased brain performance.
    I agree... except for some information I did not share. I payed for a subscription to Lumosity in 2012 while I was on the GAPS protocol diet. I enjoyed brain exercises for 6 weeks and then stopped doing them.

I began the Bulletproof diet and noticed a DRAMATIC boost in brain power. I experienced this as 'the lights coming on'... it was that noticeable. After 4 weeks on the Bulletproof diet I realized it would be very interesting to use Lumosity to see if I could quantify the changes I was experiencing.

Here is my Lumosity history:
    4/12/12 Join Lumosity.......................................................... BPI score 345
    5/26/12 Daily exercise for 6 weeks brought my score up......... BPI score 638

11/21/13.................Begin Bulletproof diet
    11/30/13 Begin Lumosity exercises again after 17 months 'off'..BPI score 652
    1/17/14 Current Lumosity score...........................................BPI score 1042

(Please notice that after being on the Bulletproof diet and NOT exercising with Lumosity my beginning score was above that of the one I had 17 months ago with consistent practice)

You are correct that exercising with Lumosity increases brain power. This does not account for an increased brain power score after not exercising for 17 months? I believe the diet I am on, is responsible for the increase in mental ability that I am experiencing. It is certainly responsible for the 'brain fog' lifting.

There are several reasons for this.

~~~~~'Brain fog' is common among older adults (me) and also among many with nervous system disorders such as MS, ALS, Alzheimers and Dementia. Research indicates that all of these may be caused by the inability of portions of the nervous system to absorb blood sugar through their cell walls. This has been dubbed 'Diabetes Type III'. Neurons which can longer respond to blood sugar are able to fuel themselves using ketones present in the blood instead on the Bulletproof diet. When this happens the symptoms of the above diseases begin to reverse (even ALS symptoms). This diet is rich in fatty acids, especially short chain fatty acids, which provide ketones for brain cells. Other fats in this diet are available to assist in nerve myelination.

~~~~This diet also enhances brain power and increases IQ through the elimination of most toxins from the foods eaten. Not only are most mold toxins eliminated from foods, but naturally occurring poisons such as lectins and gluten are not present in the foods in this diet

~~~~On top of feeding the nervous system an alternate source of fuel (ketones), and eliminating anti-nutrients, this diet contains foods with antifungal and antioxidant properties. Many of these, such as the Bulletproof coffee recipe, are designed to easily pass through the blood brain barrier and help detoxify the brain cells.

TargeT and Conk... THANK YOU SO MUCH for providing alternate sources for mycotoxin free coffee and high quality MCT oil. There doesn't seem to be much price difference between all of them... but multiple sources are always a valuable thing to have.
    Last edited by Dawn; 17th January 2014 at 21:55.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dawn For This Post:

conk (21st January 2014), Flashlight (19th June 2015), fourty-two (18th January 2014), Hervé (26th January 2014), RunningDeer (26th January 2014), Snowflower (26th January 2014), StandingWave (18th March 2014), TargeT (18th January 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

31. Link to Post #36
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

I spent yesterday researching this information. It looks exactly like the direction I've been heading in my life, including a ketogenic/Paleolithic diet, intermittent fasting, and short term high intensity exercise. The only difference I find between his "bulletproof" plan and these four things are the products he is selling: coffee and MCT oil. It would cost me $65 a month and I have never liked coffee. The coffee is a caffeine source, the oil and butter are a source of medium chain Triglycerides. I really like the concept of an exclusively "good fat" break-fast, and eating only in that six hour window.

I simply cannot afford $65 a month for the super-fat MCT oil and coffee that I don't like anyway. So, therefore, I need to figure out a healthy alternative for caffeine and use the grass fed butter and my coconut oil that I already have (recognizing that it is not as potent as his oil, but on the other hand, it is much closer to unrefined which is always good. Any other ideas on the caffeine for energy?

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

Hervé (26th January 2014), StandingWave (18th March 2014), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

33. Link to Post #37
    Mexico On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 times in 370 posts

Thank you Dawn,

My only regret about the bulletproof diet is that I did not begin it a year ago when you told me about it. Since this past Saturday Jan.10, 2015 I have lost 3 pounds on this diet and already feel better! Wow 3 pounds in 3 days and this morning I woke up with no brain fog. I suffer from a lot of nasty allergies and my digestive system was having issues. A year ago I gave up wheat and and carbs and dropped some weight but I hit a plateau and couldn't drop more weight no matter what I did. I'm excited about this diet........so far so good for me.....now everyone is different so results may vary or some may not like this diet but for those of you whose body loves meat .....kosher clean meat this diet is fabulous....keep in mind everything you eat on this diet is clean and organic..

In the morning I start the day with 2 cups of organic coffee blended with 2 table spoons of organic coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of ghee butter...it is delicious!
    Sublimating that push in life that gives you the rhythmic experience of living despite it all.........

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GloriousPoetry For This Post:

conk (14th January 2015), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

35. Link to Post #38
    Mexico On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,767 times in 370 posts

In the morning for breakfast I must add that along with my 2 cups of bulletproof coffee I eat one organic egg cooked in ghee butter....then for lunch I have tons of vegetables and meat....and for dinner same thing tons of the right veggies with meat....
    Sublimating that push in life that gives you the rhythmic experience of living despite it all.........

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GloriousPoetry For This Post:

conk (14th January 2015), The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,091 times in 2,402 posts

Well I am thoroughly confused.

It's only in the last 6 months or so that I learned of the importance of dropping meat as a way of increasing your vibrational level to enhance the potential for spiritual experience. Raw (clean organic) veg and lot's of it.

Now I read this thread. Can anyone help clear my confusion?

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

39. Link to Post #40
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,091 times in 2,402 posts

Quote Posted by markoid (here)
    Czarek: I got an error downloading with firefox, but IE did it just fine.

Here ya go http://www.divshare.com/download/25014943-0c6
    This link wouldn't work for me in either Firefox or IE. I went to the website to order a copy and with a NEWSUBRCRIBER code I would have to pay $3.95, clicked shipping and it added $42 (to the UK) Haha.

They could e-mail me a PDF and I'd pay him $3.95 for it!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

The Freedom Train (24th February 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast