Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The 'Sugar' scare in MSM - another con for aspartame type poisons

1. Link to Post #1
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,573 times in 2,645 posts

Default The 'Sugar' scare in MSM - another con for aspartame type poisons

A fake carry-on about 'sugar' is in the mainstream media, BBC et al....
    The 'sugar' additives in most foods now are fake, addictive aspartame brain and immune-destroying chemicals. Try buying anything with real sugar - it's all about promoting 'sugar-free' poisons. They are pushing us more into this fiasco. Real sugar does no harm, especially unbleached or raw sugar, honey (which is fantastic for health). I reckon they are using the word 'sugar' in the mainstream for tons of addictive crap - totally misleadingly. The reality of the meaning of the word SUGAR is being mispresented. I am furious about this... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...h-experts.html
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

13th Warrior (10th January 2014), Abhaya (10th January 2014), Daphne (9th January 2014), Gardener (10th January 2014), golden lady (10th January 2014), Heart-2-Heart (10th January 2014), Johnny (10th January 2014), Kalamos (10th January 2014), meat suit (10th January 2014), Möbius (12th January 2014), rgray222 (9th January 2014), Sean Cullen (9th January 2014), selinam (10th January 2014), Sidney (10th January 2014), Soul Safari (11th January 2014), spiritguide (10th January 2014), spiritwind (10th January 2014), Sunny-side-up (10th January 2014), ulli (9th January 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Default Re: The 'Sugar' scare in MSM - another con for aspartame type poisons

I have also heard that all mention of sugar in processed foods could also be GMO beet sugar. And since about 90% of beets are GMO, we are being poisoned coming and going between aspartame and GMOs....sigh...

4. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Avid,

Thanks for reminding us.

You are so right, and it is so sad.. It is almost impossible to buy, for example, fruit cordials that do not have aspartame or other neurotoxins instead of sugar. In fact, the manufacturers target people who are trying to shop healthily by putting in a large banner across the labels which read something like; "NO ADDED SUGAR!" while hiding in very small print on the back label 'aspartame'... It is getting harder and harder to buy food, even the staples, such as baked goods without aspartame or similar.

Now I have to say, refined (white) sugar is also a poison, but not as bad as that aspartame. UN-Refined cane sugar is healthiest if you can get it.

Personaly, I think people will have to start doing for themselves again. Bake their own bread, jucie their own food etc.

It is a total disgrace and this issue should be talked about much more. Maybe people will agree to boycott foods that contain aspartame and other neurotoxins,

Seán
    Last edited by Sean Cullen; 10th January 2014 at 22:10. Reason: UNrefined cane sugar not Refined - aargh!
    "You are not a Human being in search of a spiritual experience, you are a Spiritual being immersed in a human experience." (Pierre Teilhard de Chardin)

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sean Cullen For This Post:

avid (9th January 2014), fourty-two (10th January 2014), Gardener (10th January 2014), golden lady (10th January 2014), Johnny (10th January 2014), rgray222 (9th January 2014), selinam (10th January 2014), spiritguide (10th January 2014), Spirithorse (10th January 2014), Sunny-side-up (10th January 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,971 times in 308 posts

Quote Posted by Sean Cullen (here)
    Hi Avid,

Thanks for reminding us.

You are so right, and it is so sad.. It is almost impossible to buy, for example, fruit cordials that do not have aspartame or other neurotoxins instead of sugar. In fact, the manufacturers target people who are trying to shop healthily by putting in a large banner across the labels which read something like; "NO ADDED SUGAR!" while hiding in very small print on the back label 'aspartame'... It is getting harder and harder to buy food, even the staples, such as baked goods without aspartame or similar.

Now I have to say, refined (white) sugar is also a poison, but not as bad as that aspartame. Refined cane sugar is healthiest if you can get it.

Personaly, I think people will have to start doing for themselves again. Bake their own bread, jucie their own food etc.

It is a total disgrace and this issue should be talked about much more. Maybe people will agree to boycott foods that contain aspartame and other neurotoxins,

Seán
    Hello sean, and thank you for this. My own feeling is, if we as individuals project Love into everything we eat and drink. it will change the negative structure. Let us start to be what we dream of! Love peace and joy to all at Avalon!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gnostic9 For This Post:

EC1000 (10th January 2014), Johnny (10th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014), selinam (10th January 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Grow stevia in your yard. It requires almost no care and tastes better than sugar.

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Erich For This Post:

DeDukshyn (11th January 2014), greybeard (10th January 2014), Heart-2-Heart (10th January 2014), Johnny (10th January 2014), Nanoo Nanoo (10th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014), selinam (10th January 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Sean Cullen (here)
    I can't help but think of all the poor Mums who think they are doing the right thing and buying into this!!
    Aspartame is even in the ordinary squash. Makes my blood boil. Choice is becoming more and more limited.
    DIY is defiantly the way to go, that is ,if you can afford it!!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to golden lady For This Post:

avid (10th January 2014), Johnny (10th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,858 times in 11,838 posts

There is much evidence that sugar and aspartame are not healthy to say the least.
    Best to do without both if possible.
    Its not necessary to consume processed food or soft drinks.
    Blessing food does work-- that's been scientifically proved.

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Agape (13th January 2014), conk (10th January 2014), fourty-two (13th January 2014), golden lady (10th January 2014), Heart-2-Heart (10th January 2014), Johnny (10th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014), selinam (10th January 2014), sheddie (11th January 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,250 times in 625 posts

I avoid any kind of processed food and light products if I can (I know I don't die if I eat it but I never buy it )
    I like butter, eggs, fat, meat, sugar, milk (the good old kind), but also vegetables. I smoke, I like a beer now and then, (more when I was 'young'),
    I have not been examined by a doctor since I joined the navy in 1963, I am never seek, I don't care what the 'science' say about health (nor),
    I am retired, I have a good health and I am happy

Johnny

Edit: OH, I forgot, I am a big consumer of cheese
    Last edited by Johnny; 10th January 2014 at 09:59.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Johnny For This Post:

Agape (13th January 2014), EC1000 (10th January 2014), Gardener (10th January 2014), golden lady (11th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014), selinam (10th January 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

I use mainly raw honey, sometimes stevia, evaporated cane juice (rapadura, panella), or coconut sugar. Artificial sweeteners, white sugar, and high fructose corn syrup I avoid completely. It would make me sad when I would see kids at my son's preschool being given low fat food with artificial sweeteners by parents who I knew were trying to do the right thing .

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

freedom4all (10th January 2014), Gardener (10th January 2014), Johnny (10th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    The 'sugar' additives in most foods now are fake, addictive aspartame brain and immune-destroying chemicals. Try buying anything with real sugar - it's all about promoting 'sugar-free' poisons. They are pushing us more into this fiasco. Real sugar does no harm, especially unbleached or raw sugar, honey (which is fantastic for health). I reckon they are using the word 'sugar' in the mainstream for tons of addictive crap - totally misleadingly. The reality of the meaning of the word SUGAR is being mispresented. I am furious about this... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...h-experts.html
    Careful, or you will lose your audience. To state that "Real sugar does no harm, especially unbleached or raw sugar" is an egregious untruth! Sugar is death. You cannot argue otherwise.

Even my cherished and beloved raw honey is used in small amounts. In excess it will damage you. It is not totally without risk. Sugar is sugar is sugar. You can't find a way around that. That said, there are sugars that pose less risk. Xylitol is one. Coconut flower sugar is another. But they must be used spareingly and not terribly often.

I do agree with you basic thread premise, that they are using this faux concern in order to sell more expensive artificial sweeteners. And they may have a more harmful agenda.
    Last edited by conk; 10th January 2014 at 19:44.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Agape (13th January 2014), DeDukshyn (11th January 2014), Johnny (11th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Careful, or you will lose your audience. To state that "Real sugar does no harm, especially unbleached or raw sugar" is an egregious untruth! Sugar is death. You cannot argue otherwise.

Even my cherished and beloved raw honey is used in small amounts. In excess it will damage you. It is not totally without risk. Sugar is sugar is sugar. You can't find a way around that. That said, there are sugars that pose less risk. Xylitol is one. Coconut flower sugar is another. But they must be used spareingly and not terribly often.

I do agree with you basic thread premise, that they are using this faux concern in order to sell more expensive artificial sweeteners. And they may have a more harmful agenda.
    I am not sure about xylitol. I have read many things that claim it is highly processed and often made from gm corn (rather than tradirtional birch bark) and thus should be avoided. but overall i agree...all sugar should be used sparingly. It should only be a small part of our diet.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Johnny (11th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014)

22. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,885 times in 912 posts

So you only eat protein and fat?
    “Bundinn er bátlaus mađur”

23. The Following User Says Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

avid (11th January 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)

I am not sure about xylitol. I have read many things that claim it is highly processed and often made from gm corn (rather than tradirtional birch bark) and thus should be avoided. but overall i agree...all sugar should be used sparingly. It should only be a small part of our diet.
    Xylitol is one of the better ones for certain - but in moderation -- excess can irritate your GI tract. The good thing about sugar alcohols (like xylitol) don't feed microorganisms.

My defense against sugar and sweet artificial chemicals is to avoid anything sweet. I generally have come to dislike very sweet foods. It seems more an addiction to me than anything, because after I went cold turkey on sweet tasting stuff, my cravings eventually completely vanished.

If people want sweets, eat some fruit - at least you'll be getting nutrients with your sweets
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Johnny (11th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014)

26. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by enfoldedblue (here)

What you have read is true, that's why you have to buy from a good source that produces it from the Birch tree. The best of the best is The Ultimate Sugar by the company that produces an amazing powdered meal called The Ultimate Meal.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

27. The Following User Says Thank You to conk For This Post:

Sean Cullen (24th January 2014)

28. Link to Post #15
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by 13th Warrior (here)

I see you over there, you're trying to trick me! Of course I don't eat only protein and fat, but anyone could and maintain a very healthful lifestyle. The body can make the necessary glucose from the proteins. Many indigenous cultures eat predominately fats and meat. They have no disease. Many natural researchers are beginning to believe that our diets should be upwards of 50% to 70% fat! It does have to be from electrically alive, unprocessed and unheated fats (Dr. Johanna Budwig for a serious lesson on fats).

Lots of green plant material is a boost to any diet, not totally because of it's nutrients. The Sun imparts distinct energies into the plants, which the plants then share with us. Minimal cooking or no cooking is best. Will, I'll shut up, I'm buzzing on my new Longevity Coffee.
    Last edited by conk; 12th January 2014 at 00:21.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

DeDukshyn (12th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014)

30. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

Yes and all those plants are using the sun to make...wait for it......that's right sugar.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

DeDukshyn (12th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014)

32. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,438 times in 8,540 posts

Yes and all those plants are using the sun to make...wait for it......that's right sugar.
    Plants make sugar to feed and provide the energy to make the nutrients, not to be refined and processed for human consumption.

But like I said - people should really get their sugar from whole foods - fruits have nice balance of sugar and nutrients (vitamins, bioflavonoids, fibre, etc)

If I need to sweeten up my spareribs on the grill, I squeeze an apple over it. Apple and pork goes great! That said, I do put about 1/4th of spoon of raw sugar in morning coffee.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 12th January 2014 at 01:24.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

13th Warrior (12th January 2014), Johnny (12th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014)

34. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I see you over there, you're trying to trick me! Of course I don't eat only protein and fat, but anyone could and maintain a very healthful lifestyle. The body can make the necessary glucose from the proteins. Many indigenous cultures eat predominately fats and meat. They have no disease. Many natural researchers are beginning to believe that our diets should be upwards of 50% to 70% fat! It does have to be from electrically alive, unprocessed and unheated fats (Dr. Johanna Budwig for a serious lesson on fats).

Lots of green plant material is a boost to any diet, not totally because of it's nutrients. The Sun imparts distinct energies into the plants, which the plants then share with us. Minimal cooking or no cooking is best. Will, I'll shut up, I'm buzzing on my new Longevity Coffee.
    Now you've done it; see there you said glucose; that's sugar (which is death; right).

35. The Following User Says Thank You to 13th Warrior For This Post:

Sean Cullen (24th January 2014)

36. Link to Post #19
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks

Now you've done it; see there you said glucose; that's sugar (which is death; right).
    Ah come on. You know that's petty. You know the context of the discussion. Totally different. What the body produces is exactly what it needs and is more a nutrient than a sugar.

Even fruit sugar is harmful in excess. Fortunately the fiber slows the absorption of the sugar and keeps the insulin from spiking. That's the main issue with sugar is the hormonal aggravation. It totally confuses the endocrine system and results in metabolic syndromes, heart disease, diabetes, and more.

And never forget that cancers favorite food is sugar.
    Last edited by conk; 12th January 2014 at 01:45.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

Johnny (12th January 2014), Sean Cullen (24th January 2014)

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

But Conk, you said "sugar is sugar is sugar" remember that?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast