+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3

Thread: Please help: my Dad has stage 3-4 kidney disease - alternative treatments, diet regime? (Update: he has now died)

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,745 times in 32,946 posts

Default Re: Please help: my Dad has stage 3-4 kidney disease - alternative treatments, diet regime? (Update: he has now died)

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Agape (23rd April 2014), Billy (22nd April 2014), Dawn (23rd April 2014), Eram (23rd April 2014), EYES WIDE OPEN (22nd April 2014), Jean-Luc (23rd April 2014), Limor Wolf (22nd April 2014), RunningDeer (22nd April 2014), Sophocles (22nd April 2014), william r sanford72 (22nd April 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Default Re: Please help: my Dad has stage 3-4 kidney disease - alternative treatments, diet regime? (Update: he has now died)

Dear Eyes Wide Open, My deep condolences. I share your sadness in this difficult time of losing your father who evidently was close and dear to you. I promise you that despite the pain that you feel now, you will find a peace of mind, and quietness in your heart, your mutual journey is not ending, as your dad is now at peace and in spirit. Please remember that you are amongst friends here and don't hesitate to share your feelings with us. I am sending you good thoughts and positive energies and to the rest of your family. With Love ~

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Agape (23rd April 2014), Billy (22nd April 2014), Dawn (23rd April 2014), Dennis Leahy (22nd April 2014), Eram (23rd April 2014), EYES WIDE OPEN (22nd April 2014), jagman (23rd April 2014), Jean-Luc (23rd April 2014), raregem (23rd April 2014), RunningDeer (22nd April 2014), Sophocles (22nd April 2014), william r sanford72 (22nd April 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

Thank you everyone. I don't know how to cope. I am not an alcholic but I have been drinking fro a few days noww. OI need to throw that **** out and get my **** together and meditate or something.

6. Link to Post #44
    Retired
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,051 times in 3,027 posts

Hi EWO, first, you are sharing here, thank you for sharing with us. You do not need to do anything, But it's wise to know that you are drinking to try and eliminate the pain. Maybe you can slowly reduce this need. Please Know that you are going through a process.. try to invest in anything that may bring you comfort, people that you can feel comfortable with and close to, Be kind to yourself and do not be afraid to think about your father in all ways possible. Things will work out just fine, painful emotions and concerns will cease and new positive ones will arise. I know, I lost my mother a year and a half ago. All will be well, you will see.

Peaceful energies are sent your way, and to your father, peaceful journey and the enjoyment of freedom from the body ~
    Last edited by Limor Wolf; 22nd April 2014 at 20:32.

7. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Limor Wolf For This Post:

Billy (22nd April 2014), Dawn (23rd April 2014), Dennis Leahy (22nd April 2014), Eram (23rd April 2014), EYES WIDE OPEN (28th April 2014), Jean-Luc (23rd April 2014), raregem (23rd April 2014), RunningDeer (22nd April 2014), Sophocles (22nd April 2014)

8. Link to Post #45
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

if weak or shutting down, check for aortic aneurism. Is he forming clots behind knees or inner thigh? Sometimes an aneurism which is like a blood filled balloon, caused by weakening walls of the aortic arteries. They fill with blood, clots and send little clots around the body like a water sprinkler clogging smaller veins. When there is blockage in the inner thigh, the kidneys are robbed of blood, and blockage of all veins are possible including those in the lungs.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Eram (23rd April 2014), EYES WIDE OPEN (28th April 2014)

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,310 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Lifebringer (here)
    if weak or shutting down, check for aortic aneurism. Is he forming clots behind knees or inner thigh? Sometimes an aneurism which is like a blood filled balloon, caused by weakening walls of the aortic arteries. They fill with blood, clots and send little clots around the body like a water sprinkler clogging smaller veins. When there is blockage in the inner thigh, the kidneys are robbed of blood, and blockage of all veins are possible including those in the lungs.
    Hello Lifebringer,

This is the latest from yesterday by EYES WIDE OPEN:

Quote My dad died yesterday from what turned out to be lymphjoma. I am beyond gutted. thank**** for tequila.
    RunningDeer <3

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Billy (22nd April 2014), Dawn (23rd April 2014), Dennis Leahy (22nd April 2014), Eram (23rd April 2014), EYES WIDE OPEN (28th April 2014), jagman (23rd April 2014), Limor Wolf (22nd April 2014)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

EWO It was after the birth of my first daughter that I suddenly saw birth/gave birth and that opened me up to knowing this : Here today gone tomorrow, Not here yesterday here today.

This earth life time in a carbon unit/flesh body is on one hand a blip in the primordial soup but on the other hand this life time is vast and all encompassing.

Your father is still available to you. First you need to help him and support him in his transition. Your pain can hold him back. When you release, surrender, and except your fathers transition you will both be free and connected at the same time.

Death is so hard for those left living...cry your tears and spend time focusing on all the great memories and lessons learned during your physical time with your father...he is still with you. Listen and you will hear him communicating with you.

I still cry sometimes that my grandmother is not here in the physical, she was my closest relative and friend and she died over 25 years ago.

Much love to you in your time of loss!

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Billy (23rd April 2014), Dawn (23rd April 2014), Dennis Leahy (23rd April 2014), Eram (23rd April 2014), EYES WIDE OPEN (28th April 2014), jagman (23rd April 2014), Jean-Luc (23rd April 2014), Limor Wolf (23rd April 2014), RunningDeer (23rd April 2014), Siphonemis (9th May 2019)

14. Link to Post #48
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,751 times in 1,912 posts

bump .... your comments and support is welcome....

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

Eram (23rd April 2014), EYES WIDE OPEN (28th April 2014), RunningDeer (23rd April 2014)

16. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,177 times in 591 posts

Dear Eyes Wides Open

Thanks for sharing with us. I am sending you much compassion and I am praying for you.

Please, when you can, do read again Limor's beautiful words of wisdom.

Quote Hi EWO, first, you are sharing here, thank you for sharing with us. You do not need to do anything, But it's wise to know that you are drinking to try and eliminate the pain. Maybe you can slowly reduce this need. Please Know that you are going through a process.. try to invest in anything that may bring you comfort, people that you can feel comfortable with and close to, Be kind to yourself and do not be afraid to think about your father in all ways possible. Things will work out just fine, painful emotions and concerns will cease and new positive ones will arise. I know, I lost my mother a year and a half ago. All will be well, you will see.
    Courage. You are not alone.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jean-Luc For This Post:

Billy (23rd April 2014), Eram (23rd April 2014), EYES WIDE OPEN (28th April 2014), Limor Wolf (23rd April 2014), RunningDeer (23rd April 2014)

18. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,560 times in 5,028 posts

I am sad for your loss EWO, My father also passed away last year, I am not sure if you have other family members around you to help with the arrangements of your fathers funeral or you are alone in your mourning, but either way you have to take a deep breath and be strong for your family and father at this time.

There will be practical help available wherever you are. An advice center like the citizens advice we have here in Scotland. Which is Just a phone call away.

Be strong and clear headed at this time. Celebrate your fathers life (In moderation) Give him the passing he deserves and take care of yourself.

I send you courage at this time.

Peace
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

Eram (23rd April 2014), EYES WIDE OPEN (28th April 2014), Jean-Luc (24th April 2014), Limor Wolf (23rd April 2014), RunningDeer (23rd April 2014)

20. Link to Post #51
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 times in 800 posts

O.K. I am sober and relaxed now. I feel a different stage within me. I have re-read this thread and am embarrassed about my drunk postings. Sorry all. And thanks to everyone for your beautiful words of support. They really are helping.

21. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member Ahnung-quay's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,673 times in 405 posts

Eyes Wide Open- I feel your loss. My father passed almost six years ago and I still miss him every day. However, I'm glad, in a way, that he left because he didn't like what the world was becoming and he would like it even less six years later. Some people are just a treasure on the earth and to the people that are fortunate enough to have known them. I know my dad was and it sounds like your dad was too. Your father will always live in and through your memories.

I'm sending you thoughts of peace and comfort today. Time will heal your wounds.

P.S.-alcohol is a drug that helps bring emotion to the forefront. That is why it has been used at wakes for centuries by many societies around the world. So, don't beat yourself up for using it at this time of intense grief.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahnung-quay For This Post:

EYES WIDE OPEN (28th April 2014), Limor Wolf (29th April 2014), RunningDeer (24th April 2014)

23. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,716 times in 8,943 posts

Dear Eyes Wide Open

I am truly sorry for your loss, and yes, you are reaching a new stage, loss of dear ones makes us grow quite a lot.

When my dad died, many years ago, I was extremely sad and missed him so much. I still miss him at times, but what remains, even if memory or precise events sometimes fades away, what always remains as strong as ever is the love that was shared, the feeling of being loves and loving my dad.

I wish you the same

Flash

Mods, shouldn't we change the title of the thread for EWO dad's passing away?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

EYES WIDE OPEN (28th April 2014), Limor Wolf (29th April 2014)

25. Link to Post #54
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I am so sorry EWO. I had lymphoma and though it may not help it is a very difficult cancer to diagnose sometimes. They thought I had osteosarcoma or multiple myeloma. It was frustrating and terrifying. Basically blood work for lymphoma can come out looking ok without obvious markers for cancer. Many people I've talked to had similar experiences with misdiagnosis. I would also consider at some point seeing an EMDR therapist to process your trauma around your dad's death, I am an EMDR therapist and know how this could affect the lens through which one interprets their life. Sending love and peace...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3