+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Benefits Of Grounding

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,950 times in 424 posts

Default Benefits Of Grounding

The Invisible Benefits of Grounding

A couple years ago I began sungazing and spending as much time outdoors without shoes as possible. I feel it has given me serenity, wholeness and better health. That's a lot of benefit from something as simple as going barefoot.
    Dammit, honey! You left the seat down again!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

amandapoet (25th January 2014), Dawn (21st January 2014), eaglespirit (22nd January 2014), freedom4all (21st January 2014), LivioRazlo (21st January 2014), Robin (21st January 2014), RunningDeer (24th January 2014), Selene (21st January 2014), Spiral of Light (21st January 2014), Tonya (21st January 2014), WhiteFeather (21st January 2014), Wind (25th January 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,612 times in 320 posts

Default Re: Benefits Of Grounding

I'm usually barefoot anytime that I'm not at work, school or out and about. There's just a certain kind of satisfaction to it, except when walking on gravel - that stuff hurts.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LivioRazlo For This Post:

eaglespirit (22nd January 2014), freedom4all (22nd January 2014), GreenGuy (22nd January 2014), Positive Vibe Merchant (21st January 2014), Selene (21st January 2014), WhiteFeather (21st January 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Spiral of Light's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 times in 163 posts

Quote Posted by GreenGuy (here)
    The Invisible Benefits of Grounding

A couple years ago I began sungazing and spending as much time outdoors without shoes as possible. I feel it has given me serenity, wholeness and better health. That's a lot of benefit from something as simple as going barefoot.
    I totally agree with you, GreenGuy.

In addition to going barefoot as much as possible, I use a grounded sheet for sleeping and a grounded mat under my laptop.

There is lots of evidence that this type of grounding (earthing) is beneficial. Here is one website with information: www.earthing.com

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiral of Light For This Post:

eaglespirit (22nd January 2014), Earth Angel (25th January 2014), freedom4all (22nd January 2014), GreenGuy (22nd January 2014), Selene (21st January 2014), WhiteFeather (21st January 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,970 times in 5,651 posts

Grounding is Key, I agree. When performing in the band, I prefer to go shoeless and sometimes I go pure barefooting. As Barefoot is Bliss. I feel more natural and grounded to Gaia this way.
    During this copy song performance "Ramble On" by Led-Zeppelin, at the 33 second mark you can see me kicking off my shoes and grounding. I'm the crooner. Enjoy Zep fans. Great Thread.

PS The drummer is Nicky Capozzi - formerly of White Lion in the 80's, he can hit this chap.

Last edited by WhiteFeather; 21st January 2014 at 23:34.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

annacherie (24th January 2014), eaglespirit (22nd January 2014), freedom4all (22nd January 2014), GreenGuy (22nd January 2014), RunningDeer (24th January 2014), Selene (21st January 2014), Sierra (22nd January 2014), Wind (25th January 2014)

9. Link to Post #5
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,225 times in 1,108 posts

The importance of grounding – and healthy earth energy polarity - for your overall health is greater than most people imagine. It is vital, and curative. One of the major weaknesses of our modern technological culture is the limiting of ordinary feet-on-the-ground contact with the planet. We spend our time floating above it: commuting in cars and planes, in tall buildings, living, working and sleeping above the ground floor, taking elevators to our cars and failing to quite literally put our feet onto the ground for hours or days on end.

A dear (and sadly, late) friend of ours suffered from multiple sclerosis, a debilitating and deadly nerve disease. Wheelchair bound, he lived on the tenth floor of a high rise, took a cab to his office (on the fourth floor) and hadn’t put a foot onto the ground in years. He was highly indifferent to any of my “unscientific” health foody/New Age therapy ideas.

So we’d invite him to dinner in our garden, on our brick patio. As I’d settle his limp body in at the table, I’d quietly remove his shoes and lift his feet off the pedals of his chair onto a mat on the ground. I said nothing about it.

But over the course of the evening, it was remarkable how his tremors would cease, his ability to speak clearly and his motor control of knife and fork would return.

He always praised dinner at our house; calling it “limp in, leap out!” He thought it was the salutary effects of good companionship and food.

But it was also Mother Earth, quietly repairing his wiring.....

Take a walk. It might save your life.

Cheers,

Selene
    Last edited by Selene; 22nd January 2014 at 00:06.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

eaglespirit (22nd January 2014), Earth Angel (25th January 2014), freedom4all (22nd January 2014), genevieve (22nd January 2014), GreenGuy (22nd January 2014), RichD (22nd January 2014), Robin (22nd January 2014), RunningDeer (24th January 2014), Shannow (25th January 2014), Sierra (22nd January 2014), silverfish (27th January 2014), Wind (25th January 2014)

11. Link to Post #6
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Hello Everyone: Here is a link to a fellow that has proved that grounding works....While watching the show you will see that grounding has helped him immensely. Mick has had his shoes off now for 25 years.
    Enjoy the show.....

Here's a little synopsis about the show:
    http://www.channelcut.me/?s=mick+dod...hsubmit=Search

Link to series:
    http://www.putlocker.com/file/186FD9C3ED88C2BF

Link: http://www.putlocker.com/file/31CD66E5ABE43369

12. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member annacherie's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been amazed at how much easier it is to hike up a hill after removing traditional trail shoes then either going barefoot (in the Spring when the ground is soft) or wearing skeletoe style shoes. The feet are truly an architectural wonder. I have sought a lot of treatment of my feet for parkinsons' symptoms with profoundly positive impact. no stairway to heaven without roots in the ground for just as trees grow in two opposite directions there is an inexplicable cosmic interconnection of dynamic movements.

http://www.artipot.com/articles/1572...-foot-fall.htm
    The "foot whisperer" is also on facebook at Ancient Walking to Primal Rythyms
    Last edited by annacherie; 24th January 2014 at 23:58.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to annacherie For This Post:

Shannow (25th January 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Australia Avalon Member Shannow's Avatar
    Thanks

When I'm back at work after holidays, it takes a couple of weeks for me to realise that my feeling of confinement is my feet...in Judge Dredd safety boots.

TPTB know all about grounding.

Doctors on TV telling us that our children should always wear shoes, as bare feet are bad for their feet/posture...like how did that ever enter anyone's consciousness ?

Workmate has sciatica, and he was told to never walk with bare feet, I suggested it was probably the best thing that he could do...

They don't want us bare footed for a reason...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Shannow For This Post:

Earth Angel (25th January 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 times in 426 posts

I'd love to try this - I've been reading quite a lot about it recently - but it's so cold and wet, I can't bear my feet on the earth outside for more than a few mins, lol. Roll on the warmer weather.

17. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member annacherie's Avatar
    Thanks

check out this stone pathway for therapeutic park setting--

sorry - having trouble pasting photo
    Last edited by annacherie; 25th January 2014 at 01:13.

18. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,159 times in 1,454 posts

check out this thread from 2012, lots of good info here on grounding/earthing
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...51629-Earthing

19. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,292 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by annacherie (here)
    check out this stone pathway for therapeutic park setting--

sorry - having trouble pasting photo

20. The Following User Says Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post: