+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst 1 23 33 43 72 LastLast

Thread: Courtney Brown Announcement for February (now March) 2014

1. Link to Post #641
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,296 times in 1,783 posts

Default Re: Courtney Brown Announcement for February (now March) 2014

So you are saying that such experiences are only in our imagination and that what we are seeing is colored by whatever paradigm we are operating from. Well, first off, I'm not here to convince anyone that one can view past-lives be it their own or somebody else's. Bill Ryan, for example, has a very high opinion of Carol Clarke as does David Icke. Both of them believe that she can access information from people about their past-lives and even though whatever information she comes up with on that, none of it can be proven to be correct. You just have to take her word for it that what she's saying is true. But if the information is resonating with you on some deep level, then there's a good chance that whatever information she got on your past-lives might in fact be correct.

But if you asked Bill or David Icke if they think whatever Clarke is "seeing" wrt to someones past-life, if they thought whatever she came up with was only in her imagination, they would not have bothered to promote this woman as someone who is very good at reading past-lives.

I'm your avg joe out there. I post anonymously and I'm not in any way interested in promoting myself as a psychic, past-life reader or anything else. Anything I say about this topic then is not important. All I'm doing is telling you what my experiences have been and you can take it or leave it. I suggest you contact Carole Clarke and see if she will publicly answer your question if what she see's concerning ones past life is only from her imagination.
    Last edited by Roisin; 27th February 2014 at 01:00.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

johnf (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Snookie (27th February 2014)

3. Link to Post #642
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,406 times in 5,730 posts

What is imagination? What is time? What is RV anyway? What about parallel timelines and all the questions around You Create Your Own Reality (YCYOR). If any person claims to know the final truth on these age old/contemporary puzzles, I doubt him/her.

Some people use the "Akash" (just a name) accurately anyway (like Carol Clarke) to observe. Some people use RV anyway. Some people use imagination in a way that causes an effect for that person's "performance".

Olympians Use Imagery as Mental Training

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/23/sp...ef=sports&_r=0

There is something called "active imagination" from Jung...IMO sounds like RV, psychic investigation and entering into the Akashic record deliberately?

Quote There was a method to Jung's madness: active imagination. It, along with the transcendent function, are the two most important discoveries Jung made in the years leading up to World War One........ As with his public and private opinions about spirits and the occult, Jung seems to have kept quiet about things that could threaten his persona as a scientist.

What, then, is active imagination? In practice it's exactly what Jung did in his visions and conversations with inner figures ......: entering a fantasy and talking with one's ‘self' -- at least a part of oneself ‘normally' left unconscious -- asking questions and receiving knowledge that one -- ‘you' -- did not know. In many ways, its something we engage in often already, but in a shallow, fleeting way, when we ‘ask ourselves' what we think or will do about a situation.

More abstractly, it's a method of consciously entering into a dialogue with the unconscious, which triggers the transcendent function, a vital shift in consciousness, brought about through the union of the conscious and unconscious minds. Unexpected insights and self-renewal are some of the results of the transcendent function. It achieves what I call that elusive ‘Goldilocks' condition, the ‘just right' of having the conscious and unconscious minds work together, rather than being at odds. In the process it produces a third state more vivid and ‘real' than either; in it we recognize what consciousness should be like and see our ‘normal' state as at best a muddling-through. Previously, the transcendent function had helped Jung when faced with the dilemma of having to choose between science or the humanities. Then it operated through a dream, producing the mandala-like symbol of the giant radiolarian. In the simplest sense, the transcendent function is our in-built means of growth, psychological and spiritual -- it's ‘transcendent' only in the sense that it ‘transcends' the frequent deadlock between the conscious and unconscious minds -- and is a development of what Jung earlier recognized as the "prospective tendencies in man." https://realitysandwich.com/56857/ju...e_imagination/
    I went to grad school and studied research techniques for a master's in Nursing. Research has two main branches...quantitative and qualitative. Qualitative research honors that one can observe what actually happens and make sense of patterns. In the 80's it was still a step child and I doubt that has changed much.

Quantitative research sets up controlled conditions. It is an entirely artificial way to study. However HAHA, in the case of humans, there is always the Placebo effect. No matter what the subject, some people just by participating in research have outcomes based on their expectations. FUNNY on you hardcore quantitative scientists!

Also according to quantum theory, it is not just people who change from observation because they believe something. It is the observer just by looking that seems to effect an observed outcome. So science as practiced will be unable to be unbiased.

Personally, I don't have faith in quantitative science being able to "prove" RV any more than it will prove that active imagination is a transcendent function but anecdotally imagination will show it's working if we are willing to engage it.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Delight For This Post:

Arak (27th February 2014), johnf (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Roisin (27th February 2014), Snookie (27th February 2014)

5. Link to Post #643
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,902 times in 15,481 posts

Funny (not really) how misunderstandings sneak up within conversations...

Nowhere did I mention "imagination" having to do with past lives readings... but, that's OK, keep running after that ball...

What I did mention was this:

Quote Because... many a researcher dealing with "looking glasses"/"cubes"/crystal balls have come out the other end to realize that a so-called "Time Line" has more to do with the psycho-spiritual make up of the onlooker than anything else.
    ... having to do with the so-called "Time lines" coming out different for different people using a contraption called the "Cube" as talked about by Dan Burish, Henri Deacon/Arthur Neuman, etc... and which they used as a "looking glass"/crystal ball in an attempt to determine Earth's future an undertake what they considered necessary to ensure that a specific, envisioned "Time Line" got set to go (see this post <---).

I apologize if that derailed the reading and understanding of the rest of my post(s) and my sincere question.
    Last edited by Hervé; 27th February 2014 at 01:15.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

chocolate (27th February 2014), Delight (27th February 2014), Jean-Marie (27th February 2014), johnf (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Roisin (27th February 2014), spiritwind (27th February 2014)

7. Link to Post #644
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Delight,
    I went to grad school (never finished though but maybe will someday) too and took a few grad level courses in quantitative and qualitative analysis. I understand what you are talking about here and it's an interesting perspective to work from wrt to this material. Thanks for sharing!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Delight (27th February 2014), johnf (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014)

9. Link to Post #645
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Harley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,347 times in 1,378 posts

Passing this along for those of you who might wish to receive information, etc after the announcement has been made.

Thank you everyone! - Harley

Courtney Brown
    4:53 PM

Quote It is important to let everyone know that immediately after the major announcement, it may not be possible to use Facebook to coordinate communication of what is going on...just too much "noise" is likely. Also, Facebook accounts can be disabled easily. For these reasons, we will be using the Farsight Newsletter to disseminate information and to coordinate activities after the announcement. Thus, if you are not already getting the newsletter, now is a good time to subscribe. It is free, and it only requires your email address, which is not shared with anyone for any reason. Here is the link: http://www.farsight.org/newslettersignup.html
    Harley

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Post:

chocolate (27th February 2014), Hervé (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), kersley (5th March 2014), meat suit (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Operator (27th February 2014), Roisin (27th February 2014), Snookie (27th February 2014)

11. Link to Post #646
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,188 times in 2,886 posts

Quote Posted by Harley Hawkins (here)
    Passing this along for those of you who might wish to receive information, etc after the announcement has been made.

Courtney Brown
    4:53 PM

Quote It is important to let everyone know that immediately after the major announcement, it may not be possible to use Facebook to coordinate communication of what is going on...just too much "noise" is likely. Also, Facebook accounts can be disabled easily. For these reasons, we will be using the Farsight Newsletter to disseminate information and to coordinate activities after the announcement. Thus, if you are not already getting the newsletter, now is a good time to subscribe. It is free, and it only requires your email address, which is not shared with anyone for any reason. Here is the link: http://www.farsight.org/newslettersignup.html
    Perhaps I'm a bit of a party pooper, but this is making me very cautious....AND suspicious.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

Arc (27th February 2014), chocolate (27th February 2014), Hervé (27th February 2014), Jean-Marie (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Operator (27th February 2014), Roisin (27th February 2014)

13. Link to Post #647
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,226 times in 1,108 posts

"Noise"? Does he mean our comments?

Ouch. Has Courtney 'lost control of the message', as they say.....?

I don't want to push the guy; he meant well, I assume. A trainwreck in progress. It happens.

[Selene tiptoes quietly out of the room, shaking her head....]

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

chocolate (27th February 2014), Hervé (27th February 2014), Jean-Marie (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Operator (27th February 2014), Roisin (27th February 2014), SilentFeathers (27th February 2014)

15. Link to Post #648
    Thanks

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)

Perhaps I'm a bit of a party pooper, but this is making me very cautious....AND suspicious.
    Hope that I'm not a part of your suspicions!
    It's just that I can't guarantee I'll be around from one day to the next, that's all.

Quote Posted by Selene (here)

I don't want to push the guy; he meant well, I assume. A trainwreck in progress. It happens.

No, not "our" comments. He's referring to his Facebook page.

With the tons of comments he gets on each and every post on his Facebook page, he's afraid the information will become buried.

Also, he's referring to the fact that Facebook has a history of deleting user accounts for their own various reasons.

So he figures if the info and updates are sent out from his own website there won't be any 'noise' for it to get buried in and also there is little chance of having his account deleted.

Makes sense to me.

Also, I'd like to say that I have a feeling (my own) that the announcement may be closer to the originally planned date once again (Feb 28). But that's just my own feeling.

Harley

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Post:

Arak (27th February 2014), Hervé (27th February 2014), johnf (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), Journeyon (27th February 2014), mountain_jim (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Operator (27th February 2014), Roisin (27th February 2014), Selene (27th February 2014), Snookie (27th February 2014), spiritwind (27th February 2014)

17. Link to Post #649
    Virgin Islands Avalon Member Selene's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,226 times in 1,108 posts

Thanks so much, Harley. You're very good for keeping us all informed.

My reactions are more directed toward the general zeitgeist of the current drama... the whole impression. I can't fault any individual - nor would I want to - for adding their own contribution here.

It's just that the overall arc of the story here is 'crash and burn' with great hopes crushed as minor announcement fails to reach hopeful heights.... just an emotional reading of the Story So Far.

Just an aside. A vast wave of the hands. Meaning? We'll see...

Cheers, thanks and keep onward,

Selene

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Selene For This Post:

chocolate (27th February 2014), Harley (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014)

19. Link to Post #650
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

So whatever the announcement is, it's going to be controversial or it will be something TPTB don't want us to know about where consequently there may be those who will try to hack into his Facebook account and try to disable it to limit accessibility to that information?

PS -- didn't read Harley's most recent post here until after I posted my comment above.

Thanks Harley for the information you shared in that post.

What I said though may be true too. Will have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Roisin; 27th February 2014 at 03:27.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Harley (27th February 2014), johnf (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014)

21. Link to Post #651
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

I can't imagine the PTB not already having spied enough to be fully aware of "behind the scenes" activity.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

Harley (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Operator (27th February 2014), Roisin (27th February 2014), Snookie (27th February 2014)

23. Link to Post #652
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Who knows? Maybe "they" have something to do with all of the behind the scene commotion including the delay in releasing the announcement.
    Last edited by Roisin; 27th February 2014 at 03:32.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

Johnny (27th February 2014)

25. Link to Post #653
    United States Avalon Member Snowflower's Avatar
    Front range Colorado Rockies, in wilderness
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,163 times in 733 posts

Roisin, I already made that assumption - of course, we all know what ass-u-me means...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowflower For This Post:

Johnny (27th February 2014), Roisin (27th February 2014)

27. Link to Post #654
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

That's what I thought you might have meant and thanks for the confirmation on that. It certainly would be within the realm of possibilities that they intervened in some insidious ways to make things difficult for them.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

29. Link to Post #655
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

The latest from Courtney:

Quote Looking at all the comments for my post below about our newsletter, I should clarify that I am not talking about any active attempt to disrupt the Facebook page from the so-called "Powers that Be." Nothing like that. It is just that there will be lots of people will be posting and saying all sorts of things on Facebook, and there will be so much being said that it will be hard to post clear elements on Facebook and keep the discussion focused. So the newsletter will be the only real way to organize the post-announcement period. So if people sign up for the newsletter now, it will help then.
    He seems confident about his his announcement, what ever it is. No one can't blame him for not being clever, at least he's gaining attention now.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Arak (27th February 2014), chocolate (27th February 2014), Harley (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Roisin (27th February 2014)

31. Link to Post #656
    Thanks

Courtney Brown
    9:06 PM

Harley

32. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Post:

Arak (27th February 2014), chocolate (27th February 2014), Cognitive Dissident (27th February 2014), greybeard (27th February 2014), Hervé (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), mountain_jim (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Operator (27th February 2014), Roisin (27th February 2014), Rollo (27th February 2014), spiritwind (27th February 2014), Watching from Cyprus (27th February 2014), Wind (27th February 2014)

33. Link to Post #657
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,587 times in 5,273 posts

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)

Hope that I'm not a part of your suspicions!
    It's just that I can't guarantee I'll be around from one day to the next, that's all.

Quote Posted by Selene (here)

No, not "our" comments. He's referring to his Facebook page.

With the tons of comments he gets on each and every post on his Facebook page, he's afraid the information will become buried.

Also, he's referring to the fact that Facebook has a history of deleting user accounts for their own various reasons.

So he figures if the info and updates are sent out from his own website there won't be any 'noise' for it to get buried in and also there is little chance of having his account deleted.

Makes sense to me.

Also, I'd like to say that I have a feeling (my own) that the announcement may be closer to the originally planned date once again (Feb 28). But that's just my own feeling.

Don't think for a second that 'Courtney Brown' and his people aren't monitoring this very 'Thread" as well...

34. Link to Post #658
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Holy Smokes!

----------------------
    At any rate, I'm not entirely in agreement with the last 2 sentences of this latest "Implication". The reason being is because I've had experiences that completely through me for a loop where before I was a complete skeptic/unbeliever who then became a believer after having the experience.
    Last edited by Roisin; 27th February 2014 at 06:51.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Roisin For This Post:

36. Link to Post #659
    Denmark Avalon Member Watching from Cyprus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,290 times in 293 posts

#13 is very true, so we should start investigating other avenues apart from the ones we deem true.. same as Christians who despise Muslims and the other way around and few of them have read the others holy book.. indoctrinated conditioning ... I wish could close my eyes and be on the planet Thiaoouba when opening my eyes again :-)
    Best of luck to us all
    Love Peter
    Short Term memory infected/defect. Watching, feeling and recording since i recall. Recording for some one/thing else !
    I care about the earth, and despise greed.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Watching from Cyprus For This Post:

Arak (27th February 2014), Johnny (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Roisin (27th February 2014)

38. Link to Post #660
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,713 times in 293 posts

I bow no book and that message of Mr.Brown sure does resonate this time. And actually I have received one channeled message few years ago. Part of it was (loose translation) "God does not live in any church or book. ... God is love, and to love is to be closer to God."

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arak For This Post:

Johnny (27th February 2014), Neal (27th February 2014), Snookie (27th February 2014), spiritwind (27th February 2014), Watching from Cyprus (27th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 72 FirstFirst 1 23 33 43 72 LastLast