+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mystery Cleared Up About "Giant Spacecraft Discovered on Moon"

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Mystery Cleared Up About "Giant Spacecraft Discovered on Moon"

I would have posted this on the original thread, but unfortunately it has been closed due to technical issues (embedded threats). Thus, I have had to restart a thread about this phenomenon. Here you go ...

The sudden appearance of a strange lunar anomaly that has recently been "discovered" via the agency of Google Earth/Moon, turns out to be the result of poor technique employed by Google as it transferred the original imagery data from the Japanese JAXA source to its own servers. Sorry folks - no spacecraft or base there, after all.

I discovered this thanks to the good folks at 'Conscious Life News', who carried a piece posted on the 'Astronomy Live' site yesterday. They include a link to the site where a rather expert (if somewhat smug) expert takes the viewer through his explanation. It's a convincing demonstration of how it went wrong for the Google techs, and well worth the time spent viewing it: you can learn something about how technology fails in the hands of the poorly trained, and how it shines in the hands of the brilliant and talented. Also, the Japanese site's imagery is awesome (if only you know how to wend your way through it!) Getting past the host's mocking derision of the folks at Google is almost as hard:

http://consciouslifenews.com/mystery...-data/1169951/

B.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

778 neighbour of some guy (24th January 2014), 8Adamas8 (24th January 2014), aranuk (24th January 2014), Atlas (24th January 2014), Billy (24th January 2014), chocolate (24th January 2014), Ellisa (24th January 2014), GreenGuy (24th January 2014), Jean-Marie (24th January 2014), Limor Wolf (24th January 2014), Little Ishta (24th January 2014), Nasu (24th January 2014), panopticon (24th January 2014), sunflower (25th January 2014), Tangri (24th January 2014), WhiteFeather (24th January 2014), WHOMADEGOD (24th January 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Ilie Pandia

Default Re: Mystery Cleared Up About "Giant Spacecraft Discovered on Moon"

This video is worth a watch.

I did not find the presenter to be that mocking. He actually makes good point and he did good research work that he shows step by step. Favorite quote: "go to the raw data!"

Hat of to this YouTube and thank you "Fellow Aspirant" for posting this.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Ilie Pandia For This Post:

Atlas (24th January 2014), Aurelius (25th January 2014), Billy (24th January 2014), fourty-two (24th January 2014), GreenGuy (24th January 2014), Jean-Marie (24th January 2014), panopticon (24th January 2014), WHOMADEGOD (24th January 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,777 times in 257 posts

Well if Google have taken the time and effort to offer an explanation instead of just ignoring it like they normally do then I suppose that wraps things up ..... :-)

6. Link to Post #4
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Nice to see something make it to where we can read it but I hope that the info stays factual

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

All things are poison and nothing is without poison; only the dose makes that a thing is no poison.
    (Philippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to korgh For This Post:

halffull (24th January 2014), WHOMADEGOD (24th January 2014)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member sirdipswitch's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,166 times in 1,683 posts

Giant space craft on Moon? What this fails to take into account is that the Moon, is a space craft. chuckle chuckle.

Also, in the same vane as high tech making errors that can't be overcome, I feel a rather good one is the fact that Google doesn't know how to keep their computer from trying to follow the "Shape" of the globe and keeps trying to bend the immagery down into the holes, at both the North and South poles.

Go Google Earth. In a mountainous area, take their handy dandy ruler tool and draw a line. Then, zoom in and lay the immage down, and you will see that "straight" line try to follow the shape of the mountains. Now, go to the North and South poles and do the same. You will find that handy dandy ruler tool, trying to follow the contour of the world down into the hole, at either end. Also, there's about a 1500 mile circle of "computer" immage, that tries to bend down into those holes, also. hmm.

Very interesting, eh? Watson? chuckle chuckle.
    Love, Peace, Humor
    sirdipswitch

" A little knowledge, is a dangerous thing... so is a lot."
    - Albert Einstein -

"Please, Do NOT, believe a word that I say, for this is my journey not yours. Go do your own research. Listen to no-one. Find YOUR own Truth. As "I" did." "It is all just a Game, play it as you will."
    -sirdipswitch-

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sirdipswitch For This Post:

WHOMADEGOD (25th January 2014)

+ Reply to Thread