Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast

Thread: Fake Snow?

1. Link to Post #41
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,408 times in 6,960 posts

Default Re: Fake Snow?

The phenomenon is that people who aren't used to snow got some.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alan (2nd February 2014), Artemis (1st February 2014), blufire (2nd February 2014), Paul (2nd February 2014), Richard S. (2nd February 2014), Sidney (2nd February 2014), Tangri (1st February 2014), thunder24 (1st February 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,799 times in 3,177 posts

Chemtrails & Geoengineered Snow!

~no need2follow anyone only consider to broaden (y)our horizon of possibilities
    ~new: Stop5G.net & FB Groups/Stop5G

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Elainie (1st February 2014), Referee (1st February 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,783 times in 1,333 posts

Default Re: Georgia Fake Snow???

Quote Posted by SilentFeathers (here)
    Seriously? some of these threads on this forum never cease to amaze me!
    Chemistry is a mystery isn't it ?

we are discovering world again, and again.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tangri For This Post:

DeDukshyn (1st February 2014), ExomatrixTV (2nd February 2014), Wookie (3rd February 2014)

7. Link to Post #44
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Ok, I'm feeling compelled to explain.

Snow can get "dry" -- it is not that weird. Normally, snow is about a 1:10 ratio of water to air. That is about the average, but it can get higher. Ice is about a 1:1.1 ratio of water to ice. That explains the difference in the ice vs snow "meliting" video - partly let me explain more. The black stuff is, as others said, is soot.

We had a good snow fall, it froze and packed on the roads. We got warm weather, but the cold we had previous dried out the snow completely. The warm weather made is like sand almost exactly. This isn't weird. It is just dry snow. It can go extremely easily from snow to vapour. water stage is easily skipped as Amzer Zo has repeatedly indicated. All this explains what you see in the video. Trust Canadians, we know.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st February 2014 at 03:37. Reason: fixed emoticon

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

blufire (2nd February 2014), Hervé (1st February 2014), Jeffrey (1st February 2014), Milneman (1st February 2014), SilentFeathers (1st February 2014), Tangri (1st February 2014)

9. Link to Post #45
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,891 times in 1,818 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    I'm feeling compelled to explain.

Snow can get "dry" -- it is not that weird. Normally, snow is about a 1:10 ratio of water to air.

whats air made of?
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

10. Link to Post #46
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,907 times in 1,566 posts

Looks L:ike there is something to this....

"A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Peace, Love and Consiousness
    Referee

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Referee For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (2nd February 2014)

12. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Quote Posted by thunder24 (here)

Snow can get "dry" -- it is not that weird. Normally, snow is about a 1:10 ratio of water to air.

whats air made of?
    Ha hahahaha,
    Explain now DeDukshyn . You just busted

13. Link to Post #48
    Language
    English
    Thanks

whats air made of?
    Well it has oxygen, and surprisingly a lot of Argon ...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Tangri (here)

whats air made of?
    Ha hahahaha,
    Do you think air is all water vapour? I don't get it ...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Earth

I've had a few beers so maybe I'm off ... but someone is going to have to explain it ...
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st February 2014 at 04:28.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Tangri (1st February 2014)

15. Link to Post #49
    Thanks

Ok ,

I have another question for you DeDukshyn.

How can you describe color of white to a born blind person?
    Last edited by Tangri; 1st February 2014 at 04:43.

16. Link to Post #50
    Palestinian Territory Avalon Member thunder24's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,891 times in 1,818 posts

i just thought air was a vague term... but thanks

whats air made of?
    Well it has oxygen, and surprisingly a lot of Argon ...

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Tangri (here)

whats air made of?
    Ha hahahaha,
    Do you think air is all water vapour? I don't get it ...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Earth

I've had a few beers so maybe I'm off ... but someone is going to have to explain it ...
    OBADIAH 1:21
    The Good things in life

"...where ever you go, there you are..."

17. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,815 times in 712 posts

An interesting read.

I have never tried to burn snow, but have melted a lot for drinking water.
    Put some in a pan and see what happens to it...

or put salt on it.
    Love. peace and Blessings to you all.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ammit For This Post:

DeDukshyn (2nd February 2014), Jeffrey (2nd February 2014)

19. Link to Post #52
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,195 times in 1,429 posts

Snow can get "dry" -- it is not that weird. Normally, snow is about a 1:10 ratio of water to air. That is about the average, but it can get higher. Ice is about a 1:1.1 ratio of water to ice. That explains the difference in the ice vs snow "meliting" video - partly let me explain more. The black stuff is, as others said, is soot.

We had a good snow fall, it froze and packed on the roads. We got warm weather, but the cold we had previous dried out the snow completely. The warm weather made is like sand almost exactly. This isn't weird. It is just dry snow. It can go extremely easily from snow to vapour. water stage is easily skipped as Amzer Zo has repeatedly indicated. All this explains what you see in the video. Trust Canadians, we know.
    Thanks, DeDukshyn

---------------

Quote Posted by Jeffrey (here)
    [...] In my opinion, we should do some investigation into chemical reactions, fuel/fire, phase transitions, and the information raised in Amzer Zo's post before considering anything else (like it being fake).

Great OP, very interesting.
    Quote Posted by christian (here)
    Just came across a good looking article that debunks this whole fake snow story.

It's funny anyways, like people everywhere tried to experiment with snow for the first time in history and freaked out en masse.

Quote A) The snow is melting, but the very loose fluffy structure of the snow wicks away the water, turning dry snow into wet snow, and eventually turning the snow into slush.

B) The snow is blackened when a lighter is held underneath it because of the soot from the lighter (the products of incomplete combustion). It's not burning.

C) The smell is fumes from the lighter (also from incomplete combustion) and/or people briefly burning nearby objects like gloves.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...ing-snow.3026/
    Thank you! Great reasoning and information there.

Hopefully this settles it and curbs any more tail chasing. Here is a thorough analysis of what is happening: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...ing-snow.3026/

The butane from the lighter burns dirty. This means that there will be leftover particulate from the combustion process. This particulate accumulates as a black residue, also known as soot. The lighter continues to burn the black residue itself, the burning particulate gives of a distinct odor.

The water from the snow that is initially melting from the heat of the lighter is getting re-absorbed by the dry snow. It will suck up water like a sponge until it is saturated and then it will start to drip more as the water to air ratio reaches wetter proportions. As it turns out, sublimation probably has a negligible role in the phenomena being examined here.

It's clearly explained in the link and it's pretty interesting. I learned something.

The snow isn't fake. That doesn't mean chemtrails aren't real or weather manipulation doesn't happen -- it just means the snow isn't fake. The fact is that the originators of the video decided to connect the aforementioned phenomenon with climatic engineering, chemtrails, and depopulation agendas. So, when people demonstrate that it is indeed a natural phenomena and the snow is real, it leads one to believe that the person is somehow disproving the reality of climatic engineering, chemtrails, and depopulation agendas. This is clearly not the case, please don't fall for it.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 1st February 2014 at 13:37.

20. Link to Post #53
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,264 times in 1,402 posts

Thank you to all who have clearly explained the whole thing. I think that's put an end to this particular conspiracy.

But surely what does need explaining is how such a lot of nonsense can get so much traction? I mean, even those who are so completely wrapped up in conspiracy theories and who think 'They' would do such a thing (by contaminating snow using chemtrails or completely fabricating snow from other chemicals), surely it would have occurred to them of the impracticalities of the 'hows' and 'whys' of such a massive project? Did they think the fake snow would never melt or what? Did they think it was a devious plan to bring large parts of the US to a permanent halt?

OK, not everyone is familiar with the behaviour of a snowball with a gas flame. But please, don't tell me that this was an genuine belief by any responsible adults...

Maybe the whole thing was just an exercise by 'The Powers That Be' to see how easy it is to feed the internet with rubbish and measure the public's gullibility ratio for their next ghastly plan...

Nick

21. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,341 times in 2,741 posts

Thanks, DeDukshyn

---------------

[...] In my opinion, we should do some investigation into chemical reactions, fuel/fire, phase transitions, and the information raised in Amzer Zo's post before considering anything else (like it being fake).

Great OP, very interesting.
    Quote Posted by christian (here)
    Just came across a good looking article that debunks this whole fake snow story.

It's funny anyways, like people everywhere tried to experiment with snow for the first time in history and freaked out en masse.

Quote A) The snow is melting, but the very loose fluffy structure of the snow wicks away the water, turning dry snow into wet snow, and eventually turning the snow into slush.

B) The snow is blackened when a lighter is held underneath it because of the soot from the lighter (the products of incomplete combustion). It's not burning.

C) The smell is fumes from the lighter (also from incomplete combustion) and/or people briefly burning nearby objects like gloves.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...ing-snow.3026/
    Thank you! Great reasoning and information there.

Hopefully this settles it and curbs any more tail chasing. Here is a thorough analysis of what is happening: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...ing-snow.3026/

The butane from the lighter burns dirty. This means that there will be leftover particulate from the combustion process. This particulate accumulates as a black residue, also known as soot. The lighter continues to burn the black residue itself, the burning particulate gives of a distinct odor.

The water from the snow that is initially melting from the heat of the lighter is getting re-absorbed by the dry snow. It will suck up water like a sponge until it is saturated and then it will start to drip more as the water to air ratio reaches wetter proportions. As it turns out, sublimation probably has a negligible role in the phenomena being examined here.

It's clearly explained in the link and it's pretty interesting. I learned something.

The snow isn't fake. That doesn't mean chemtrails aren't real or weather manipulation doesn't happen -- it just means the snow isn't fake. The fact is that the originators of the video decided to connect the aforementioned phenomenon with climatic engineering, chemtrails, and depopulation agendas. So, when people demonstrate that it is indeed a natural phenomena and the snow is real, it leads one to believe that the person is somehow disproving the reality of climatic engineering, chemtrails, and depopulation agendas. This is clearly not the case, please don't fall for it.
    Good to see more reason and logic come in to this thread, I tried but I'm sure I'm too sarcastic and come across as a smart a** too often....a habit I should work on.

I spent the 1st 26 yrs of my life in Michigan. It used to suck when it was 10 below and all the water pipes froze.....I had a choice; 1.) 5 or 10 wheel barrels full of snow to melt on the wood stove to get enough water for a pot of coffee and to wash up a bit, 2.) or a bucket or 2 of icicles hanging off the side of the house from the roof that I could bust off and up and melt on the wood stove.....I often went for the icicles.

Once again, chemtrails pretty much is a proven fact, but what this thread started out as was a claim the snow is fake, has no water content, and when you burn it with a "butane" lighter it smells like nasty burnt plastic etc.

Common sense tells me that if you go and bust a chuck of frost/ice out your freezer in your kitchen and burn it with a butane lighter that it will get black residue on it and smell like burnt plastic.......I highly doubt jets are chemtrailing in peoples freezers....(there I go, being sarcastic again).

This whole thing is disturbing to me for a couple/few reasons. The education system is broken (in trouble) as many people don't have a clue to 6 grade chemistry/science 101, many people are so easily swayed generally through lack of education/knowledge that it makes the word "sheeple" an actuality rather than a nasty name to call some, and people get split/divided and extremely defensive over the most ridiculous things.....I could go on but I won't.

I catch myself often falling for foolishness, so don't get the wrong idea that I'm a know-it-all and better than anyone else. This is just one topic that I do know something about and caught the mistake many have made concerning several aspects of the claims involved, that's all.
    SilentFeathers

"The journey is now, it begins with today. There are many paths, choose wisely."

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SilentFeathers For This Post:

blufire (1st February 2014), Bob (1st February 2014), GreenGuy (1st February 2014), Hervé (1st February 2014)

23. Link to Post #55
    United States Avalon Member cursichella1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,315 times in 679 posts

Anyone up for putting some of this suspect snow in a microwave? Probably nothing will happen but it's worth a shot... (Maybe it'll knock-out HAARP for a few minutes, then again, it may just fry the microwave...)
    cursichella1

Qui tacet consentit

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cursichella1 For This Post:

Nick Matkin (1st February 2014), Referee (1st February 2014)

25. Link to Post #56
    United States Avalon Member GreenGuy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 times in 424 posts

Pretty good article on the topic here.
    Dammit, honey! You left the seat down again!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenGuy For This Post:

27. Link to Post #57
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,816 times in 3,643 posts

Default Massive Snow Storm Yields "FAKE SNOW"

This is crazy, people in Atlanta are stating a recent snow fall is yielding snow that does not melt, and when held to a fire, it BURNS.

Massive Chemtrail Operations Dumping ‘Fake Snow’ Over Atlanta and West Virginia

: Possible False Flag?

Posted By: NaturalWisdom
    Date: Thursday, 30-Jan-2014 1441

‘Massive chemtrail’ operations found to be dumping ‘fake snow’ over Atlanta and parts of West Virginia, may signify a false flag attack on the populace

By Shepard Ambellas
    Intellihub
    Jan 30, 2014
    http://bit.ly/1ieclcf

Georgia Fake Snow!!!!

Published on Jan 29, 2014
    http://youtu.be/WnTJTP-_uYw

28. The Following User Says Thank You to DNA For This Post:

29. Link to Post #58
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,748 times in 1,912 posts

Default Re: Massive Snow Storm Yields "FAKE SNOW"

This has been debunked....

Already another thread on this:

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...7922-Fake-Snow

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimberley For This Post:

christian (1st February 2014), Elainie (2nd February 2014)

31. Link to Post #59
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,264 times in 1,402 posts

Quote Posted by GreenGuy (here)
    Pretty good article on the topic here.
    A disinformation site? A hoax site? Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urKw-LjDvQQ and lots more when Googling "geoengineeering watch".

Why would anyone spend so much time and effort to design a slick website just to make stuff up? Is it all made up? Very odd.

So, anyone can look up a debunking website like metabunk.org for an alternative view, probably funded by... well we can guess.
    Last edited by Nick Matkin; 1st February 2014 at 23:31.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Atlas (2nd February 2014)

33. Link to Post #60
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: CHEMTRAIL SNOW? Geoengineering Depopulation Agenda!

Quote Posted by aniN (here)
    I tried it with the lighter.. and it is melting. So.. the snow is the snow right? Something is not right.

In the original video, they guy first grabs a handful of "dry" snow. Then he hold a lighter to it and it crumbles, but you don't see much water being melted from it. First remember that snow is about 1 part water to 10 parts air. or, 90% air. The little water that was generated by his melting with the lighter was absorbed by the snow itself, as it seeks to be hydrated.

Next he pulls out his trusty propane torch with an extremely high temperature flame. The snow, against the extremely hot flame does not melt, but turns directly into water vapour. Snow can and often does skip the "melting" stage, just like one might see snow shrink on below zero windy day without melting -- it is evaporating directly, exactly as the guys torch is doing -- evaporating it directly.

When I was in grade school I leaned about the different ways water can change form -- and one of these state changes is from ice to vapour. When you add in the fact that snow is 90% air, and that due to the extreme surface area, going from ice to vapour should be readily expected. It is completely normal. No mystery.

And, there are many, many different "states" of snow. Ever try to make snowball with dry fluffy snow? It just doesn't work; vastly different than what you can do with wet slushy snow - entirely different qualities.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 1st February 2014 at 23:31.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

SilentFeathers (1st February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 3 6 LastLast