+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Fake Snow?

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,575 times in 2,121 posts

Default Re: Fake Snow?

Hi everyone,
    little weigh in here with the fake snow panic .. gosh this has dominoed around the globe. I thought this video might support the points of explanation that Jeffrey summarises below, with regards to using a butane lighter.

If you have built a fire in the snow as well, you notice this. You see examples thereof every winter made by ice fishermen.

Quote Posted by Jeffrey (here)

Quote A) The snow is melting, but the very loose fluffy structure of the snow wicks away the water, turning dry snow into wet snow, and eventually turning the snow into slush.

B) The snow is blackened when a lighter is held underneath it because of the soot from the lighter (the products of incomplete combustion). It's not burning.

C) The smell is fumes from the lighter (also from incomplete combustion) and/or people briefly burning nearby objects like gloves.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...ing-snow.3026/
    Thank you! Great reasoning and information there.

Hopefully this settles it and curbs any more tail chasing. Here is a thorough analysis of what is happening: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...ing-snow.3026/

The butane from the lighter burns dirty. This means that there will be leftover particulate from the combustion process. This particulate accumulates as a black residue, also known as soot. The lighter continues to burn the black residue itself, the burning particulate gives of a distinct odor.

The water from the snow that is initially melting from the heat of the lighter is getting re-absorbed by the dry snow. It will suck up water like a sponge until it is saturated and then it will start to drip more as the water to air ratio reaches wetter proportions. As it turns out, sublimation probably has a negligible role in the phenomena being examined here.

It's clearly explained in the link and it's pretty interesting. I learned something.

The snow isn't fake. That doesn't mean chemtrails aren't real or weather manipulation doesn't happen -- it just means the snow isn't fake. The fact is that the originators of the video decided to connect the aforementioned phenomenon with climatic engineering, chemtrails, and depopulation agendas. So, when people demonstrate that it is indeed a natural phenomena and the snow is real, it leads one to believe that the person is somehow disproving the reality of climatic engineering, chemtrails, and depopulation agendas. This is clearly not the case, please don't fall for it.[/QUOTE]

Good to see more reason and logic come in to this thread, I tried but I'm sure I'm too sarcastic and come across as a smart a** too often....a habit I should work on.

I spent the 1st 26 yrs of my life in Michigan. It used to suck when it was 10 below and all the water pipes froze.....I had a choice; 1.) 5 or 10 wheel barrels full of snow to melt on the wood stove to get enough water for a pot of coffee and to wash up a bit, 2.) or a bucket or 2 of icicles hanging off the side of the house from the roof that I could bust off and up and melt on the wood stove.....I often went for the icicles.

Once again, chemtrails pretty much is a proven fact, but what this thread started out as was a claim the snow is fake, has no water content, and when you burn it with a "butane" lighter it smells like nasty burnt plastic etc.

Common sense tells me that if you go and bust a chuck of frost/ice out your freezer in your kitchen and burn it with a butane lighter that it will get black residue on it and smell like burnt plastic.......I highly doubt jets are chemtrailing in peoples freezers....(there I go, being sarcastic again).

This whole thing is disturbing to me for a couple/few reasons. The education system is broken (in trouble) as many people don't have a clue to 6 grade chemistry/science 101, many people are so easily swayed generally through lack of education/knowledge that it makes the word "sheeple" an actuality rather than a nasty name to call some, and people get split/divided and extremely defensive over the most ridiculous things.....I could go on but I won't.

I catch myself often falling for foolishness, so don't get the wrong idea that I'm a know-it-all and better than anyone else. This is just one topic that I do know something about and caught the mistake many have made concerning several aspects of the claims involved, that's all.[/QUOTE]

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Debra For This Post:

Camilo (8th February 2014), Jean-Luc (6th February 2014), Nick Matkin (3rd February 2014), Reinhard (14th February 2014)

3. Link to Post #82
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,992 times in 1,577 posts

Well I for one do not put it past anyone to make fake snow and neither dose this researcher who has done a microscopic analysis of the snow and here is what was found...

"A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Peace, Love and Consiousness
    Referee

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Referee For This Post:

Camilo (8th February 2014), Debra (18th February 2014), Reinhard (14th February 2014)

5. Link to Post #83
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,177 times in 591 posts

Here what whisleblower and bioengineer Kristen Meghan reports on this on her facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Sugarfreesanity

Quote As I've previously stated the snow is not fake, its contaminated. Our weather is modified and storms are engineered.

This is why I always say snow is great to sample in a lab, for quantitative/qualitative data... not by burning it.

The presence of contaminants burn off like metal oxides. The snow acts as a filter media.

Www.geoengineeringwatch.org always has the most in depth information about the nucleation and methane issues in our skies. It's the most reputable site about geoengineering you'll find.
    More on Kristen Meghan here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...793#post793793
    Last edited by Jean-Luc; 6th February 2014 at 09:24.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jean-Luc For This Post:

Camilo (8th February 2014), Debra (18th February 2014), ExomatrixTV (8th February 2014), mab777 (14th February 2014), Reinhard (14th February 2014), thunder24 (7th February 2014)

7. Link to Post #84
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,449 times in 356 posts

Quote Posted by Zebra (here)
    Here is a thorough analysis of what is happening: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...ing-snow.3026/
    According to Kristen Meghan metabunk.org is run by a shill.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Swan For This Post:

Camilo (8th February 2014)

9. Link to Post #85
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,405 times in 1,922 posts
    Last edited by Camilo; 7th February 2014 at 18:14.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Camilo For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (8th February 2014), Referee (8th February 2014)

11. Link to Post #86
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 times in 630 posts

It snowed last night. I just went out and put a lighter to it. It melted.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MargueriteBee For This Post:

Camilo (8th February 2014), Debra (18th February 2014), Referee (8th February 2014)

13. Link to Post #87
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Can we next start a thread on why cold metal is contaminated by demonstration of putting one's tongue on it?

If you don't believe me, try it yourself.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Eram (7th February 2014), ExomatrixTV (8th February 2014)

15. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,038 times in 1,437 posts

Quote Posted by Milneman (here)
    Can we next start a thread on why cold metal is contaminated by demonstration of putting one's tongue on it?

I did that once, at age seven.

That's one thing that I will never do again.
    Not in this lifetime, not in a next one.

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." ~Will Rogers~
    Last edited by Eram; 7th February 2014 at 23:20.
    hylozoic tenet: “Consciousness sleeps in the stone, dreams in the plant, awakens in the animal, and becomes self-conscious in man.”

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eram For This Post:

DeDukshyn (18th February 2014), Milneman (8th February 2014), Referee (8th February 2014)

17. Link to Post #89
    United States Avalon Member Referee's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,992 times in 1,577 posts

I am wondering why you are so hostile while others try to discern and investigate this topic? They already jack the clouds and rain with nano- tech why would it not show up in the snow?
    "A nation which has forgotten the quality of courage which in the past has been brought to public life is not as likely to insist upon or regard that quality in its chosen leaders today - and in fact we have forgotten. "John F. Kennedy

Peace, Love and Consiousness
    Referee

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Referee For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (8th February 2014)

19. Link to Post #90
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

What is the intended purpose of fake snow?
    Here is a video I found on the project camelot website on this subject. According to the researcher the intent is to make us sick by causing a pandemic. The fake snow is produced by the military.
    http://projectcamelotportal.com/blog...alling-as-snow

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to applepie For This Post:

Camilo (8th February 2014), Referee (25th February 2014)

21. Link to Post #91
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 93,628 times in 20,439 posts

weighing in ...

Jeff Rense & Dane Wigington Chemical Snowfall Burns, Won't Melt ?

Clip from February 03, 2014 / Published on Feb 7, 2014

22. Link to Post #92
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

I live in Ontario, Canada. After watching the video posted on Project Camelot, I went outside, picked up some snow, made a snowball and put a match under it. It did not melt. It turned black.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to applepie For This Post:

Camilo (8th February 2014)

24. Link to Post #93
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

Quote Posted by Referee (here)

I am wondering why you are so hostile while others try to discern and investigate this topic? They already jack the clouds and rain with nano- tech why would it not show up in the snow?
    The only answer I can give you is that common sense is definitely uncommon, and if this is an issue for you...well....nuff said.

High school physics explains why a lighter and a lump of snow reacts the way it does, as does a blow torch to a lump of snow.

If there's any hostility detected, it's as mythical as a lighter not being able to melt snow because of it's chemical content. ie: it's in your mind, not in my post.

re: putting a match under a snowball and it turns black

There are again scientific reasons why this happens that have more to do with surface area and less to do with content of the snow.

If for example I put a lump of snow over a candle, the competing snow behind the surface are that is exposed to the flame will stop it from melting, or actually slow the process....but if you put the same lump of snow in a pan, which has a larger surface area, I guarantee it will melt every time. So here's the next step. Put some snow in a pan, turn the heat on, and let me know if it melts.

Not only is common sense uncommon, but apparently the presence of scientific knowledge is completely absent.

Now if you do a chemical analysis of the melted water, and you find the chemicals you're looking for, you've just given yourself some credibility by means of scientific method.

I'm sorry! All this is really demonstrating is the reasons why so many conspiracies end up discredited because proper scientific principles are just ignored, or conclusions reached without knowledge of basic high school chemistry.

If you want me to sit up and take notice....get a chemical analysis of the water from snow you collect, detail the area you collect it, detail possible sources of ground level contaminants (factories, etc) and if you end up with high radiation readings or other chemicals that don't belong, then you proceed further.

Alternatively: if you want to see the videos described in my quote, click the link bellow.

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...ing-snow.3026/

Quote:

There are some videos going around that claim to show that recent snowfalls are somehow "fake", because when people try to melt the snow with a lighter or blowtorch, they are surprised by the results.

Typical story with links to several videos:
    http://www.adguk-blog.com/2014/01/fa...tates.html?m=1
    Content from external source
    People all across the country have recently began posting videos, and photo’s, of snow that will not melt.
    Some people are even reporting that the snow has a strange odor, like chemicals.
    Is the snow natural, or the result of a Geo-Engineered or HARRP attack?
    What's happening here is:

A) The snow is melting, but the very loose fluffy structure of the snow wicks away the water, turning dry snow into wet snow, and eventually turning the snow into slush.

B) The snow is blackened when a lighter is held underneath it because of the soot from the lighter (the products of incomplete combustion). It's not burning.

C) The smell is fumes from the lighter (also from incomplete combustion) and/or people briefly burning nearby objects like gloves.

D) It is not sublimation. At these temperatures and pressures, and over this timeframe, any sublimation is not going to be measurable. See end of this post for proof.

Heres a typical setup.
    [​IMG]

Snow is more air than water. And the colder it is, the more air (and less water) it has in it:
    http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/...cs142p2_046155
    Content from external source
    . The density of new snow ranges from about 5% when the air temperature is 14° F, to about 20% when the temperature is 32° F. After the snow falls its density increases due to gravitational settling, wind packing, melting and recrystallization.

[​IMG]

He then gets a blowtorch out, which just speeds up the process. With the blowtorch there's also going to be more evaporation of the water, which will help things keep dry. However you can see there's also a lot of liquid water here (in the form of slush). I don't think the evaporation is a big factor.
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately he stops right there. All he has done is partially melted the snow, the remaining snow has soaked up the water created, and you get slush. If he continued, then you'd get a little puddle of water.

Notice also that the snow does not get black. The blowtorch is cleaner burning and far away from the snow. This proves the black coloration was coming from the lighter when held close.

He then compares this to an ice cube:
    [​IMG]
    The problem with this comparison is that snow and ice are radically different. Ice is solid water. Snow is mostly air, a fluffy mass of lots of tiny snowflakes, which are ideally shaped to absorb water. So when bits of the snow melt, it just gets absorbed into the surrounding snow, making slush. When the ice cube melts, the water has nowhere to go, so you get a puddle.

[​IMG]

So what these videos are demonstrating is little more than the fact that using a lighter is not a very good way of melting snow. But it does melt. If you just left it there you'd get a puddle. If you kept melting it with the lighter it would eventually stop transitioning to slush, and start pooling water. Same thing with the blowtorch, just quicker. And you could really speed up the process by putting it in a microwave.

The next video, titled " Burning snow!!!!!! FAKE POISON SNOW! Make viral!!!!! " again shows normal snow, and the experiment is repeated. Again we see the snow melting normally where small bits of it fall on the surface, and you see the snow melting and being wicked away when a flame is applied to the larger mass:
    [​IMG]

It's getting black because the lighter in this case is being held under the snow, the snow gets a coating of soot. If you put a lighter under anything, you'll get soot on that thing. Like this glass slide and piece of ice. (The soot comes from incomplete combustion when you hold the flame too close to an object and restrict the oxygen supply. If you lower the flame half an inch, then there is very little blackening.)
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And a more detailed (35 second) video explanation I made:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, the maker of the video interprets this as the snow "burning". Clearly it's not though. The snow does not catch fire, it just get a little sooty. Here's another example:
    [​IMG]

This debunking video by Joshua Barry demonstrates the same effects with a butane lighter, but when held over a large source of heat (the stove), the snow much more rapidly turns slushy along the bottom edge, and then starts to drip.

And in this second video he demonstrates in more detail what is going on:

Joshua notes that the smell comes when the blackening is happening, but he does not understand why. This is because of incomplete combustion. When butane (in the lighter) burns with a good supply of oxygen then it combusts fairly cleanly into carbon dioxide and water. But if there's a lack of oxygen flow (like it's too close to some object), then there's much more leftover carbon (in the form of the soot) and toxic carbon monoxide. What you are smelling is basically the carbon, and the unburnt butane gas.

In this video I demonstrate clean (full combustion) and dirty (partial combustion) burning of butane.

There's also been some discussion of sublimation (where ice transitions directly from solid to gas). This has been suggested as an explanation as to why the snow seems to not produce liquid. But it's a false and needless explanation. Sublimation happens mostly at low pressure. If there is any water loss here it's because the ice crystals rapidly melt, and then just as rapidly evaporate.

I think though that the majority of the snow turns to liquid. This could be verified by weighing it on a sensitive scale as it is melted with a flame.
    [UPDATE] Someone has done this experiment, and demonstrated zero detectable sublimation or evaporation. It's just melting. See video:

So what's going on with these bogus "fake snow" videos? One possibility is that it just a hoax - someone might have made it as a joke, the other people followed suit. But it's quite possible that the makers of these videos actually believe what they are saying. It's possible that the recent cold weather has brought snow to places that do not normally have it, and these people are simply are unfamiliar with the properties of snow, and how it melts.

Most people will find this story rather silly. And yet I just spent half an hour writing the above explanation (and more time now expanding and editing it). Why waste time over a silly story? I do it because people get genuinely concerned about such things, and it's good to explain it for them, so they can stop worrying. I also do it because the more bunk is out there, the less time people will have for real issues. I'm improving the signal to noise ratio.

Bottom line: given a series of absurd propositions, any given person can draw ridiculous conclusions to support their beliefs, regardless if the belief is rationally justified...common sense in this case melts faster than any snow!
    Last edited by Milneman; 8th February 2014 at 23:55.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

Nick Matkin (9th February 2014)

26. Link to Post #94
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,004 times in 2,540 posts

It's perfectly wonderful and natural to explore any subject we wish without fear of ridicule, even if the joke is lightly intended.

Back to topic, please and thank you for the intent clarifications Ref and Milneman.

From the Heart,
    Kristin

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kristin For This Post:

Milneman (8th February 2014), Referee (9th February 2014)

28. Link to Post #95
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Default Snow that Burns...is this real??

I came across the following and thought I would share to see if others had heard of this or know anything:

Quote Warning: Note for the not-so-faint-of-heart/ hardcore new world order alert: It’s my job here at the Oracle Report to keep things real, no matter what shadows are revealed. Today is the last day of the Gibbous Moon phase, the phase where we are directed to trust. This can be a difficult thing to do when what is revealed is hard to take. An example: the snow that burns but does not melt. Many of you may have seen the videos from around the US where people have been testing the “snow.” I did my own test last night and what is falling where I live is not snow. When a flame is put to it, it burns and turns black, but it does not melt. It also emits a powerful odor that smells like burning plastic. Some places are getting snow that doesn’t burn, it melts, so it is different for different places. For people like us, who are dedicated to finding beauty in the natural world, this is an abomination, a crime against nature. What’s the purpose of this? Instead of blankets of a “pox” that were used on the indigenous people of America, is it now pox that blankets? The current storm is named Pax but is it really Pox? Pax romana/pox romana? We need more data and chemical analysis to know for sure. But it makes me, for one, very angry. So herein lies a test: spin off into an emotional maelstrom or hold a steady gaze at the truth. We are directed to trust and hold ground, so this is our aim. But how do you hold trust when you see truth like this? My answer to this is that years of awakening to the matrix can take place in the three seconds that it takes for this snow to burn and turn black. And even those most deeply entranced in the matrix can take it in. We need more people doing their own burning experiment in the snow and showing it to others (outdoors and with precautions taken). In this way, those people who are still slumbering come back to life.)
    http://www.oraclereport.com/ttp://

Here is a site trying to debunk this (the comments are interesting): http://urbanlegends.about.com/b/2014...now-videos.htm

and another: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/deb...ing-snow.3026/
    Last edited by enfoldedblue; 14th February 2014 at 05:25.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Lifebringer (14th February 2014), Referee (25th February 2014)

30. Link to Post #96
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Default Re: Snow that Burns...is this real??

Hi enfoldedblue- This topic made the rounds a while back. Here is the link to the thread, where we poked and prodded until the final outcome did indeed debunk the whole fake/plastic snow debate.
    Its just snow. (yes, of course there is barium and aluminum, paired with the usual chemicals that we know are being sprayed, but that has nothing to do with this topic, although I have read that the aluminum makes things more flamible, but I think that relates to trees and folaige, and not frozen water)

Heres the link.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ight=fake+snow

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

enfoldedblue (14th February 2014), Oouthere (14th February 2014), Referee (25th February 2014)

32. Link to Post #97
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,190 times in 369 posts

More of the same, people looking for something that is not there. Some people see a conspiracy in everything.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oouthere For This Post:

enfoldedblue (14th February 2014), Nick Matkin (14th February 2014)

34. Link to Post #98
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,140 times in 1,005 posts

Hey thanks i thought it had probably been explored but nothing came up in the search when i looked. I'll look at the link...am curious about what was reported and explained as i am in australia with no snow.
    Mods feel free to delete
    Thanks again

35. The Following User Says Thank You to enfoldedblue For This Post:

Sidney (14th February 2014)

36. Link to Post #99
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

[QUOTE=Oouthere;796948]More of the same, people looking for something that is not there. Some people see a conspiracy in everything.[/QUOTE

Snow turning black when "lit"/ melted. How is this a CONspiracy?
    Has there been any testing to discern what is in this "snow"? Chemical analysis ? thx

37. Link to Post #100
    Canada Avalon Retired Member Ulyse30's Avatar
    Thanks

Bonjours,a vous tous,merci de m'exprimer, je suis un gars tres ordinaire de classe moyenne,....!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Ulyse30; 27th February 2014 at 18:25.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulyse30 For This Post:

Nat_Lee (17th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 5 6 LastLast