+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A Trip to Ecuador -- Visiting Bill and the Ground Crew

1. Link to Post #41
    Germany Avalon Member Spirithorse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,223 times in 277 posts

Default Re: A Trip to Ecuador -- Visiting Bill and the Ground Crew

Thank you Jeffrey, for this thread and Bill and Christine for sharing all these lovely pictures and stories with us. I too, envy those of you being able to live permanently in Ecuador.

I've been playing with the idea to come for a visit for quite some time. I'm actually at a point in life where I'm planning to completely change my way of living. I've been trying (for a long time) to find a self-sufficient, off-grid community that I could join here in England, but so far I haven't found the right place yet.

Makes me think sometimes, maybe I'm not supposed to stay in this country....?
    Also, in the communities I visited so far, people live very alternatively, almost Hippie-like (not really my thing) and some do in a way people would have done centuries ago.

That's fine basically, but I really would like to join like-minded, spiritually aware people who actively want to work on making the world a better place. Not just sitting in the woods, feeding chickens and digging in the mud. Don't get me wrong here, I actually love doing all of these things, but I don't feel I want to make them my sole life's purpose, if you know what I mean.

My question to you guys is: Is there such a community or group of people in Ecuador, where a mature (and honed by life :-) person like myself, hardworking, with high ethics and a number of skills (but limited funds) would be able to join and actually be of some use?

I have to admit, I'm not a travel person, I never was, and the idea of embarking on such a journey scares me to no end, to be honest.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Spirithorse For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Becky (4th February 2014), Bill Ryan (1st February 2014), chocolate (2nd February 2014), christian (2nd February 2014), Christine (1st February 2014), Curt (1st February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), eaglespirit (2nd February 2014), fourty-two (2nd February 2014), Gardener (1st February 2014), gripreaper (2nd February 2014), Hazel (2nd February 2014), Jean-Marie (1st February 2014), Jeffrey (2nd February 2014), Knowrainknowrainbows! (2nd February 2014), learninglight (1st February 2014), Limor Wolf (3rd February 2014), Muzz (11th February 2014), naste.de.lumina (2nd February 2014), Rosemarie (18th December 2018), ulli (2nd February 2014), Wind (2nd February 2014), Yoda (2nd February 2014)

3. Link to Post #42
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Quote Posted by Spirithorse (here)
    Thank you Jeffrey, for this thread and Bill and Christine for sharing all these lovely pictures and stories with us. I too, envy those of you being able to live permanently in Ecuador.

I've been playing with the idea to come for a visit for quite some time. I'm actually at a point in life where I'm planning to completely change my way of living. I've been trying (for a long time) to find a self-sufficient, off-grid community that I could join here in England, but so far I haven't found the right place yet.

Also, in the communities I visited so far, people live very alternatively, almost Hippie-like (not really my thing) and some do in a way people would have done centuries ago.

That's fine basically, but I really would like to join like-minded, spiritually aware people who actively want to work on making the world a better place. Not just sitting in the woods, feeding chickens and digging in the mud. Don't get me wrong here, I actually love doing all of these things, but I don't feel I want to make them my sole life's purpose, if you know what I mean.

My question to you guys is: Is there such a community or group of people in Ecuador, where a mature (and honed by life :-) person like myself, hardworking, with high ethics and a number of skills (but limited funds) would be able to join and actually be of some use?

I have to admit, I'm not a travel person, I never was, and the idea of embarking on such a journey scares me to no end, to be honest.
    Okay, fellow friend. Than we can join forces into taking the step to visit Bill. I will start from Bulgaria, and we can than continue forward. I mean it.
    Just I am not quite sure when will be good to happen (for me personally), since I have a few loose ends to tide up, temporarily at least.
    But here I mean to just visit. If you decide to stay if chance permits it, it will be up to you.
    Honestly, I think you can figure it out just where you are, no need to go to the other end of the world.
    For myself I know I am looking for place where I will have the least amount of people, and the biggest amount of like-minded people. I do well on my own, around nature and animals, but not so well in a more social environment.

^ - ^
    Last edited by chocolate; 2nd February 2014 at 01:18.

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Bill Ryan (2nd February 2014), christian (2nd February 2014), Christine (2nd February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), eaglespirit (2nd February 2014), Flash (2nd February 2014), fourty-two (5th February 2014), Jeffrey (2nd February 2014), learninglight (2nd February 2014), Limor Wolf (3rd February 2014), Muzz (11th February 2014), naste.de.lumina (2nd February 2014), Spirithorse (2nd February 2014), ulli (2nd February 2014), Yoda (2nd February 2014)

5. Link to Post #43
    Brazil Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,529 times in 1,350 posts

Hey friend.

Seems to me an incredible journey. Thanks.

Have you noticed that some trees in this enchanted forest seem to have faces?

Enlarge Photo.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Floresta_encantada_equador_faces.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	24755
    Last edited by naste.de.lumina; 2nd February 2014 at 14:57.

6. Link to Post #44
    Netherlands Avalon Member Deneon's Avatar
    Thanks

I just want to say: I don't really know any of you, but this whole thread puts a smile on my face. Thank you for that

It also really, really makes me want to go to Ecuador!

7. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Deneon For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Bill Ryan (2nd February 2014), chocolate (4th February 2014), Christine (2nd February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), eaglespirit (2nd February 2014), fourty-two (5th February 2014), Hazel (2nd February 2014), Jeffrey (2nd February 2014), johnf (5th February 2014), jp11 (2nd February 2014), Knowrainknowrainbows! (2nd February 2014), learninglight (2nd February 2014), Limor Wolf (3rd February 2014), Muzz (11th February 2014), Rosemarie (18th December 2018), Spirithorse (2nd February 2014), The Alley Cat (12th February 2014), ulli (2nd February 2014), Yoda (2nd February 2014), yuhui (12th February 2014)

8. Link to Post #45
    Australia Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,574 times in 692 posts

Wonderful to view the video and the joy in those faces... that now feel so familiar / bringing me closer to what it is to be part of this unity of consciousness we harness and expand with, here at project Avalon.

I did see a deeply furrowed path in my minds eye.. just might be that many of us visit you there astrally... who can tell. But not out of the realms of possibility!

Thank you Christine for bringing it to us with such heart...

9. Link to Post #46
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

What a beautiful group of souls. Bless you all.

Mara has captured my hearth. Such a lively cutie. <3

Jeffrey, Bill, Christine and Christian, thanks for sharing your experiences in Ecuador.

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Elly For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Bill Ryan (2nd February 2014), chocolate (4th February 2014), Christine (2nd February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), eaglespirit (2nd February 2014), fourty-two (5th February 2014), Hazel (2nd February 2014), Jeffrey (2nd February 2014), johnf (5th February 2014), learninglight (2nd February 2014), Limor Wolf (3rd February 2014), Sierra (5th February 2014), Spirithorse (2nd February 2014), ulli (3rd February 2014), Yoda (2nd February 2014)

11. Link to Post #47
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 times in 370 posts

A real AVALON , thanks for sharing your experience Jeff . My life is so tied into the Matrix I will never see it with my own eyes . Keep the photo's coming folks, I envy you all , I know I shouldn't . All I can hope for is some stealth camping in Cumbria , that will have to do . But it's better than nothing
    Am I one of many or am I many of one ? interesting .

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to scanner For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Bill Ryan (2nd February 2014), Christine (2nd February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), fourty-two (5th February 2014), Gardener (5th February 2014), Hazel (2nd February 2014), Jeffrey (2nd February 2014), johnf (5th February 2014), learninglight (2nd February 2014), Limor Wolf (3rd February 2014), seko (5th February 2014), ulli (3rd February 2014), Yoda (2nd February 2014)

13. Link to Post #48
    Germany Avalon Member Spirithorse's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,223 times in 277 posts

Quote Posted by chocolate (here)
    Quote Posted by Spirithorse (here)

Okay, fellow friend. Than we can join forces into taking the step to visit Bill. I will start from Bulgaria, and we can than continue forward. I mean it.
    Just I am not quite sure when will be good to happen (for me personally), since I have a few loose ends to tide up, temporarily at least.
    But here I mean to just visit. If you decide to stay if chance permits it, it will be up to you.
    Honestly, I think you can figure it out just where you are, no need to go to the other end of the world.
    For myself I know I am looking for place where I will have the least amount of people, and the biggest amount of like-minded people. I do well on my own, around nature and animals, but not so well in a more social environment.

^ - ^
    Hi chocolate,

When I was writing the initial post I was actually hoping for exactly that - that I would find somebody who also wants to go (visit) and we could do it together.... makes it much less scary for me.
    I'll pm you and we can take it from there.
    Thank you :-)

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Spirithorse For This Post:

4evrneo (12th February 2014), Bill Ryan (2nd February 2014), chocolate (4th February 2014), Christine (3rd February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), Dennis Leahy (3rd February 2014), fourty-two (5th February 2014), Hazel (3rd February 2014), Jeffrey (3rd February 2014), learninglight (2nd February 2014), Limor Wolf (3rd February 2014), ulli (3rd February 2014), Yoda (2nd February 2014)

15. Link to Post #49
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

God that looks pretty.
    since a little kid was always obsessed with rainforest (big scary lol).

Wanted to say, thanks for the pictures, my old boss in the mil said in those South American countries,
    there are fruits that can't even survive the plane ride to USA, you have to eat them there while they are fresh;
    he wanted me to know about the beauty down there and I wanted you guys to know that!

also I think it's amazing that Ecuador tried to help Julian Assange.
    they sure provide a lot of nice fruit to the USA.

16. Link to Post #50
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,915 times in 1,310 posts

WOW!!

The only thing that could give one a greater feeling of joy while viewing this thread is an actual visit !! What I love the most is the authenticity and genuine connections amongst everyone. The energy is vibrant and full of LOVE........Thank you Everyone
    Love and Light Always/Sandy

17. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to sandy For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2014), chocolate (4th February 2014), Christine (4th February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), Dennis Leahy (3rd February 2014), fourty-two (5th February 2014), Gardener (5th February 2014), Hazel (3rd February 2014), Jean-Marie (3rd February 2014), Jeffrey (3rd February 2014), johnf (3rd February 2014), Knowrainknowrainbows! (3rd February 2014), learninglight (3rd February 2014), Limor Wolf (3rd February 2014), Spirithorse (3rd February 2014), ulli (3rd February 2014), Wind (3rd February 2014)

18. Link to Post #51
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,056 times in 1,753 posts

Like everyone else, I think this looks very special indeed, congratulations for locating a blessed haven: with high speed internet too!
    Middle Earth literally (Ecuador)...thanks for the pictures!

19. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mike Gorman For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Bill Ryan (3rd February 2014), chocolate (4th February 2014), Christine (4th February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), Dennis Leahy (3rd February 2014), fourty-two (5th February 2014), Hazel (3rd February 2014), Jeffrey (3rd February 2014), learninglight (3rd February 2014), Limor Wolf (3rd February 2014), The Alley Cat (5th February 2014), ulli (3rd February 2014), Wind (3rd February 2014)

20. Link to Post #52
    Ecuador Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,195 times in 1,429 posts

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    God that looks pretty.
    since a little kid was always obsessed with rainforest (big scary lol).

Wanted to say, thanks for the pictures, my old boss in the mil said in those South American countries,
    there are fruits that can't even survive the plane ride to USA, you have to eat them there while they are fresh;
    he wanted me to know about the beauty down there and I wanted you guys to know that!

also I think it's amazing that Ecuador tried to help Julian Assange.
    they sure provide a lot of nice fruit to the USA.
    Speaking of fresh fruits

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	24794

There are shops like this all around. They serve freshly squeezed juices and all sorts of fruits. They've got fresh eggs (some of them look like Easter eggs; light, faded blues and greens), and you can buy raw milk that comes in a bag. Very cool!

That's "Manny" in the picture. We met him yesterday. He lives in Ecuador but he spent over ten years in NYC. It turns out that he's explored more of the US than I have!

The feedback on this thread has been wonderful -- thanks y'all.

-----------

Quote Posted by Limor (here)
    [...] Can't wait for Jeff's counter response..
    As for Bill exposing my hobbit feet ...

All I can say is that there's a little LOTR in us all.

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	210.9 KB
ID:	24795

Last edited by Jeffrey; 3rd February 2014 at 15:53.

21. Link to Post #53
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,208 times in 2,967 posts

Quote Posted by christian (here)
    ...the company of some of the most wonderful people you could come across...
    One of whom is our David Allany! Eventually, I've come around and uploaded the video I recorded when we met in Ecuador last summer. Felt it would fit well into this thread.

If you wanna comment or have questions, I also just started a separate thread for that here.

22. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Agape (11th February 2014), Becky (5th February 2014), Bill Ryan (5th February 2014), Camilo (13th February 2014), CD7 (4th February 2014), chocolate (11th February 2014), Christine (6th February 2014), Dawn (19th February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), fourty-two (5th February 2014), Jeffrey (5th February 2014), johnf (5th February 2014), learninglight (11th February 2014), seko (5th February 2014), Sidney (5th February 2014), The Alley Cat (12th February 2014), ulli (15th February 2014), Yoda (11th February 2014)

23. Link to Post #54
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Quote - Swami Vivekananda -
    ?

Now, that's classic.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Chester (4th March 2014), chocolate (11th February 2014), Jeffrey (11th February 2014), ulli (15th February 2014)

25. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,740 times in 32,946 posts

-------

Hi, All:

Jeff, Christine and I have just returned from a road and boat trip into the very lungs of the planet: the deep Amazon jungle, near the border with Peru. It took two days to drive there, and one long day to get back. We were there for just a day and a half.

It was a stunning experience for all of us, and is actually very hard to write about. I would very much like to share it if I can.

Jeff is preparing his own personal account, and I don't wan't to hijack his thread! But for me, the experience was powerful, deeply moving, and quite unforgettable. Jeff and I watched Jim Cameron's AVATAR again last night, and after the movie I could barely speak. The similarities to where we were were tangible and all too real.

It was a stunningly beautiful place, vibrant with life, and quite certainly full of spirit. We could all feel it at every moment. Like many reading this, I'd seen documentaries of travel in the Amazon, and felt I knew a little about it. As many of you know, I spent the first few years of my life in Africa, and have traveled widely since then. But nothing I have seen, read or encountered prepared me for the impact of this short trip.

We were in the country of the Shuar, on the Rio Nangaritza. On our river boat (long, metal, simple, and surprisingly effective), we passed under a bridge which featured this giant statue of a Shuar warrior riding a giant Toucan.

We were left wondering if Cameron knew of this, or whether this symbolic, symbiotic relationship with powerful forest creatures, now almost lost, was simply in the morphic field for him to pick up.

Between us, we have quite a lot of video and over a thousand photos. Sorting through them all took many hours. Below is a tiny, tiny, inadequately representative sample of our trip that might just give some kind of impression. Jeff has much more.

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 11th February 2014 at 19:36.

26. The Following 72 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), 778 neighbour of some guy (11th February 2014), Adi (11th February 2014), Agape (11th February 2014), alexandra (11th February 2014), Atlas (12th February 2014), Bob (11th February 2014), Calz (12th February 2014), Carmody (12th February 2014), CD7 (11th February 2014), Chester (17th February 2014), chocolate (11th February 2014), christian (9th March 2014), Christine (12th February 2014), Cognitive Dissident (12th February 2014), Cristian (12th February 2014), Dawn (19th February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), Dennis Leahy (12th February 2014), eaglespirit (11th February 2014), Flash (11th February 2014), fourty-two (12th February 2014), Freed Fox (11th February 2014), Gardener (12th February 2014), gripreaper (11th February 2014), Harley (11th February 2014), Hazel (12th February 2014), Heather2017 (12th February 2014), Hervé (11th February 2014), hohoemi (12th February 2014), Jake (11th February 2014), Jean-Luc (11th February 2014), Jean-Marie (12th February 2014), Jeffrey (11th February 2014), johnf (11th February 2014), jp11 (12th February 2014), karelia (11th February 2014), Knowrainknowrainbows! (12th February 2014), Krist (12th February 2014), learninglight (11th February 2014), Lettherebelight (11th February 2014), Magnus (11th February 2014), Marie (11th February 2014), Maunagarjana (12th February 2014), Midnight Rambler (13th February 2014), Muzz (11th February 2014), nancyb (12th February 2014), naste.de.lumina (11th February 2014), Natalia (16th December 2014), Neal (12th February 2014), Operator (11th February 2014), rezboom (11th February 2014), Rosemarie (18th December 2018), sandy (12th February 2014), Sean Cullen (11th February 2014), Selene (11th February 2014), Shaman (12th February 2014), sheme (13th February 2014), Sidney (12th February 2014), Sierra (11th February 2014), Sir Eltor (12th February 2014), skippy (11th February 2014), Sophocles (11th February 2014), Spirithorse (12th February 2014), Sunfeather (12th February 2014), The Alley Cat (11th February 2014), ulli (11th February 2014), UpToLight (11th February 2014), ViralSpiral (12th February 2014), Wind (11th February 2014), Yoda (11th February 2014), yuhui (12th February 2014)

27. Link to Post #56
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Great pictures Bill - thanks !! appreciate it !

28. Link to Post #57
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,062 times in 775 posts

WOW, what a beautiful beautiful place. I am blown away by the giant statue of a Shuar warrior riding a giant Toucan and how similar it is to the dragon birds in Avatar.

29. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Becky For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Bill Ryan (12th February 2014), chocolate (11th February 2014), Christine (12th February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), Flash (11th February 2014), fourty-two (12th February 2014), Hazel (12th February 2014), Jeffrey (11th February 2014), johnf (11th February 2014), learninglight (11th February 2014), sandy (12th February 2014), The Alley Cat (11th February 2014), ulli (11th February 2014), Wind (11th February 2014), Yoda (11th February 2014)

30. Link to Post #58
    United States Avalon Member gripreaper's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,685 times in 3,744 posts

Cameron's movie "Avatar" does very much parallel the true reality of this planet. Pandora is earth. As you probably recall, many people who went to see it were deeply touched on a visceral DNA level, as if they were remembering, and had depression for days afterward.

I recommend everyone to see this movie. It is the only movie in the last ten years that I can say is a must see.
    "Lay Down Your Truth and Check Your Weapons
    The Next Voice You Hear Will Be Your OWN"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhS69C1tr0w

31. The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to gripreaper For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Becky (11th February 2014), Bill Ryan (12th February 2014), Calz (12th February 2014), Carmody (12th February 2014), Chester (17th February 2014), chocolate (11th February 2014), Christine (12th February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), Flash (11th February 2014), fourty-two (12th February 2014), Gardener (12th February 2014), Hazel (12th February 2014), Jake (11th February 2014), Jeffrey (11th February 2014), johnf (11th February 2014), Krist (12th February 2014), Maunagarjana (12th February 2014), Muzz (11th February 2014), naste.de.lumina (11th February 2014), Neal (12th February 2014), Rosemarie (18th December 2018), sandy (12th February 2014), The Alley Cat (11th February 2014), ulli (11th February 2014), Wind (11th February 2014), Yoda (11th February 2014)

32. Link to Post #59
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Bill, you are killing me. Seriously!
    (I so much appreciate the photos!)

I am happy all of you are alive and well.

I am finishing this 'eloquent' post (as Bobd sometimes jokes with me), and am getting to watch photos.
    I'll probably watch Avatar as well.

Last edited by chocolate; 11th February 2014 at 22:52. Reason: spelling (too excited to check the spelling)

33. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

4evrneo (11th February 2014), Bill Ryan (12th February 2014), Calz (12th February 2014), Christine (12th February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), fourty-two (12th February 2014), Hazel (12th February 2014), Jake (11th February 2014), Jeffrey (11th February 2014), johnf (11th February 2014), naste.de.lumina (11th February 2014), sandy (12th February 2014), The Alley Cat (11th February 2014), ulli (11th February 2014), Wind (11th February 2014), Yoda (11th February 2014)

34. Link to Post #60
    United States Avalon Member 4evrneo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,384 times in 492 posts

Jeff, Bill and Christine! Much love to you for sharing this experience.

When looking at the pictures I actually became quite emotional. It is really hard to describe but its tangible and deeply embedded within me. It almost feels that I have been there before. Strange indeed.

I thought the desire to go to Ecuador just couldn't get any stronger, Wrong!

Can't wait to see more pictures!

xo

35. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 4evrneo For This Post:

Bill Ryan (12th February 2014), Chester (4th March 2014), Christine (12th February 2014), DebJoy (2nd January 2017), fourty-two (12th February 2014), Gardener (12th February 2014), Hazel (12th February 2014), Jeffrey (11th February 2014), johnf (11th February 2014), sandy (12th February 2014), ulli (11th February 2014), Wind (11th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 3 4 LastLast