+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Time travel in dreams

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member dsldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Time travel in dreams

I'd like to ask the group if they have ever experienced an event in a dream
    and had that exact event occur at a later time? Please be honest.

This is not an original idea. Anyone interested should google:
    John William Dunne's concepts about metaphysical "time travel"
    through dreams.

I am looking for serious discussion here. Any doubters should google
    Kurt Godel closed timelike curves. I've read a lot of Godel's work
    and walked some of the proofs. I take this guy real seriously.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dsldog For This Post:

ghostrider (1st February 2014), Inaiá (31st January 2014), Johnny (1st February 2014), Milneman (31st January 2014), PRAGMAE (3rd February 2014), raregem (31st January 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (1st February 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,922 times in 4,417 posts

Default Re: Time travel in dreams

dsldog- Yep many times. They call it "precognitive dreams". There has actually been lots of research into the phenomena. Even my fifteen year old daughter has them on a regular basis. I happen to believe that we do time travel when we sleep(among other things).

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Post:

dsldog (31st January 2014), Inaiá (31st January 2014), Johnny (1st February 2014), lelmaleh (1st February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (1st February 2014)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

If your willing here is what we can do. First I am going to imagine you cant follow specific events. Weather, stock market, etc.

What I would need you to be able to do is notify me through email perhaps of specific events. These may not be general events.
    For example, a plane crash is general. A plane crash at LAX on Dec 23th is. In my personal experience time date arent part of the
    dream. But exact location was. So that helps with specificity. You dont have to be perfect here. But we do have to be able to beat
    the Poisson distribution.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dsldog For This Post:

Johnny (1st February 2014)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Of course! It is quite possible and not really para-normal. All there is is right now. So, you simply focused ever so briefly on a different now. I believe we all get those glimpses at various points in our lives. I once saw myself on a airport runway obviously surrounded by air force jets and at the door coming to the plane were two gents. One a one star general and I saw the stars plainly on his shoulders. Then I recognized him as a Lt. Col I knew on the base, the base pros. dentist for dentures and various lab work on the base. I played in a band with his daughter, a very attractive lead singer with a voice that carried quite well for us. We practiced in his attic. I told him that morn. at breakfast of my dream and how I saw him and another man with him, his assistant or something I said, and he was a Lt. Col. I didn't know him but I did tell him and his wife and his daughter at the coffee table having toast that morning of my dream of him being a gen. He got a big laugh out of that. They all did. Big laughs! Everyone knows there is only one active duty dentist in the air force of that rank at any time and only one other that is a reserve doctor after him/her. So it was quite a laugh. Till four years later when he phoned me in Arizona after we left Illinois where all this took place. He called to tell me, before he told anyone else I might add, that he just got his star! He retired as the only active duty dentist of the rank of General with that star. We still laugh about it. I don't know why, its not the only dream I've told him about that happened, and its not my first dream come true either for that matter. Viewing a new now is more possible now than at any other time in history folks. Its why many of us wanted to come here at this time to experience this vibe. Roll with it!

8. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Sloppyjoe's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I have had one of these.

One early morning I was dreaming that I was up at our lakehouse in the water with my cousin. We were just swimming by the ladder of the dock that goes into the water. I asked my cousin if he wanted to swim to another dock that lies in the middle of the cove, a dock for people to tan on or just hang out. That was the end of the dream right there, I woke up to my mother coming in my room and asking me if I wanted to go to the lake today. I wasn't planning on it but it was summertime so I said sure, not even thinking about the dream I just had. Fast forward later to that afternoon and I find myself in the same exact spot with my cousin and the conversation went the exact same way as the dream. Everything felt the exact same that afternoon as it did in the dream, the water, the weather, the smell, everything. I had a feeling of deja vux100. At this point I had my own personal evidence that there is more to life than what we think.
    I miss those days when we played as kids. No worries about our future, no enemies. Now I close my eyes, trying to go back there with my mind. Oh how I wish I could relive those old times again.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sloppyjoe For This Post:

dsldog (31st January 2014), Inaiá (31st January 2014), Johnny (1st February 2014), STR (1st February 2014)

10. Link to Post #6
    Azerbaijan Avalon Member UpToLight's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes. Sometimes when I see something I feel that I saw it some 3-4 days ago.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UpToLight For This Post:

dsldog (31st January 2014), Inaiá (31st January 2014), Johnny (1st February 2014), STR (1st February 2014)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

I think it's a highly overlooked subject and with the arrival of the net could deserve further investigation. There are falsifiability issues, but I think I know how to overcome some (most) of them. I know for myself the "real" event came years later than the precognitive event, so that presents a problem too. This is a subject that fascinates me as does Glossolalia or speaking in tongues, and xenoglossy (off topic ). If I can get takers I am willing to try and devise something.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsldog For This Post:

Inaiá (31st January 2014), Johnny (1st February 2014), STR (1st February 2014)

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Yes dsldog, i've had 3 of these.

Each time, i had dreamed with places that were quite unic. Then, some time later, i got to visit some new places just to discover they were those ones i've had dreamed with!

In one of these ocasions, my family was driving to a school to see a play staged by my brother. There were in the car my sister, who was drinving, my mother and I, who was sitting in the back seat. It was a pleasent windy night. The school was built in a land with a lot of trees. None of us had ever been there before. As the car followed down the road inside the school's property, passing among the tall and whispering trees, we couldn't see nothing ahead... It was very dark. Non the less, we were feeling very good, relaxed and peacefull. One moment, out of the blue, i just KNEW what was going to appear ahead on the road. I remembered that i had already seen that moment in a dream. Never felt so confident about something. So, just to register that unusual fact, i immediatly said to my mother and sister: "- Hey, i know what is going to appear right ahead! I've seen it before! The road will turn left, down and, in a lowland area on the right side of it there will be a small house with ceramic objects on the window!"... And so it did! As soon as i stopped talking the road made the curves and we saw the house exactly as i had dreamed.

Note that, first, i knew it and, then, i saw it. I even told my family what was coming next.

And, as Sloppyjoe said above...

Quote Posted by Sloppyjoe (here)
    At this point I had my own personal evidence that there is more to life than what we think.

I think it is a natural fenomena and that everyone can experience it at some point in life(s). I'm gonna add that any experience that might be told in this thread will be so, i imagine, just as a example of... an experience. That's all. Now, as always, there is no reason to brag about. Just for the record.

Dsldog, could you post links to the material to wich you referred in the first post, please?
    Last edited by Inaiá; 31st January 2014 at 20:10.
    We are walking together.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inaiá For This Post:

dsldog (31st January 2014), Johnny (1st February 2014), STR (1st February 2014)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Some interesting perspectives here. Thanks to everyone who responded. The nature of reality plays into all of this. I'll give an example. If I travel a road occasionally I have a memory of what is along that road. Houses, corners, trees, and so on. At some time I begin to dream of a house along that road. I dont recall it's being there. But the dream reoccurs. Then one day I see the house. Was it always there? Rational thinking would say so. But what if I manufactured the reality. It's nonfalseable to be sure. But how do you really know? Quantum land tells us the particle doesnt exist until it's observed.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsldog For This Post:

Johnny (1st February 2014), STR (1st February 2014)

18. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

>>Dsldog, could you post links to the material to wich you referred in the first post, please?

Apologies for missing this. Wiki will send you down the road. let me know if you would like more. Just send me a message.

For Godel Metrics
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del_metric

For John Dunne
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/An_Experiment_with_Time

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsldog For This Post:

Inaiá (1st February 2014), Johnny (1st February 2014)

20. Link to Post #11
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 1,175 posts

It actually happens to me all the time. The problem is I don't remember the dream until after the event has occurred, and the events are so unimportant and meaningless to me that it's just a recall of "well holy cow I dreamed that!"

They never give me lottery numbers dude. There's a reason behind that too.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Milneman For This Post:

dsldog (1st February 2014), Inaiá (1st February 2014), Johnny (1st February 2014), lelmaleh (1st February 2014)

22. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

yep , I've been back to another lifetime and found out why I fear being buried alive , because I was in another life , working at night they didn't know I was down in the hole doing some last minute work ... I got panic attacks in foxholes when I was in the army out of nowhere , took ten years to find out the root cause ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

dsldog (1st February 2014), Inaiá (1st February 2014), Johnny (1st February 2014), lelmaleh (1st February 2014)

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

They never give me lottery numbers dude.
    << Sometimes they do, I am a witness

There's a reason behind that too.
    << Sometimes the words are difficult. Never betray your guardian angel, hows that?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to dsldog For This Post:

26. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Yes, I have these too.

Definitely more to life than we are told, OP.

Care to share some of yours?

Mine often involve my son, my spouse's friends, but the timing is awfully weird.

27. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Nanook's Avatar
    Thanks

When I was younger I used to experience this frequently, now at 55 years go between them. I can tell them from an ordinary dream because they are logically consistent, that is there is an orderly sequence of events, I get here from there, things don't morph the way they do in ordinary dreams, and they are for me brief, never lasting more than about a minute, but usually they are extremely relevant minutes, or sometimes just seconds.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nanook For This Post:

dsldog (2nd February 2014), Inaiá (1st February 2014), Johnny (1st February 2014)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

>>Care to share some of yours?

Sure, the story about the house above is one instance. But there is more to it. The road in question is an old mining road and very rural. The house in the dream is vivid, and at the bottom of a steep canyon. There was a lot of detail in the dream about the house the yard and so on. This is a very wild riparian place. It's hard to miss something as big as the house. But there it was one day exactly as in the dream. I'm sure it was a subliminal thing. I knew it was there all along, right?

Second dream involved a car accident. It to was extremely vivid. The kind of thing that leaves you in a sweat after you wake up. The actual accident happened some years later. What was strange was the circumstances and the exact location matched the dream. Weird huh?

The final thing are the places. Sometimes I go there many times. These are not always pleasant for me. Example? There is a road, it's in hill country. I know approximately where I am, I'd say northern Cal, or worse still Oregon. There are conifers and deciduous like alder. But there are palms in there too and it's choked out with something like kudzu. I first had _that_ dream over 20 years ago. It left me very disturbed. I am sure you can see where I am going with that one?

So, everyone wants to know about the lottery ticket, right? That wasnt a dream it was insight. And it wasnt a lottery ticket, but it sort of worked out like one. And the last comment to Milneman, well, there is a flip side to true insight. What you see as a future isnt always pleasant.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to dsldog For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread