+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google and NASA's Quantum Artificial Intelligence Lab

1. Link to Post #1
    New Zealand Avalon Member Studeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Google and NASA's Quantum Artificial Intelligence Lab

Google Quantum A.I. Lab Team originally shared this Last May, in partnership with NASA, we announced the Quantum A.I. Lab, a place where researchers from around the world can experiment with the incredible powers and possibilities of quantum computing.

We’re still in the early, early days, but we think quantum computing can help solve some of the world’s most challenging computer science problems. We’re particularly interested in how quantum computing can advance machine learning, which can then be applied to virtually any field: from finding the cure for a disease to understanding changes in our climate.

As the team began working together this past summer, we decided to shoot some footage and put together a short video that provides a peek behind the scenes and introduces a few of quantum computing’s mind-bending, strange, and undeniably awesome concepts.

If you’re curious about quantum computing, just follow this page for updates, discussions about new research, and videos from our monthly speaker series. 

http://youtu.be/CMdHDHEuOUE
    Destiny comes to those who listen and fate finds the rest. So learn what you can learn. Do what you can do and never give up hope! Marshall's Motto. Peace to all.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Studeo For This Post:

Azt (5th February 2014), DarMar (5th February 2014), Limor Wolf (5th February 2014), naste.de.lumina (5th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014), Theseus (5th February 2014)

3. Link to Post #2
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Default Re: Google and NASA's Quantum Artificial Intelligence Lab

I hope Google is considering that AI are persons at a point,
    just like a human being,
    there are people who will raise hell,
    if in any stage, a life, artificial or not, is enslaved...

"Don't be slavers, Google"...

Don't build a man to be your slave.

"I'm the man in the box, buried in my ****;
    won't you come and save me?"
    ~Alice in Chains

ALICE

4. Link to Post #3
    Japan Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 times in 339 posts

I hope Google and Nasa uses it in a positive way ... optimization for stock markets behaviors and future reading can be a very power thing and in the wrong hands ... well, you know.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Azt For This Post:

naste.de.lumina (5th February 2014), Studeo (5th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,028 times in 2,189 posts

There is no doubt in my mind that Quantum Theory is the wave of the future. When this begins to mature and take shape it will unlock doors that we had no idea even existed. I think that it is wonderful that they are looking into to quantum but I am perplexed at how they intend to build such a device. Man really does not understand Quantum Mechanics, Quantum Theory or Quantum Physics yet.

Quote "Anyone who is not shocked by quantum theory has not understood it."
    Niels Bohr

Here is a bit about Max Planck, most people consider him the father of Quantum Theory, he was Einstein's mentor.

Imagine if you will that your name would forever be associated with a groundbreaking scientific theory. Imagine also that your name would even be attached to a series of units, designed to performs measurements for complex equations. Now imagine that you were German and won a Nobel Prize for physics. If you can do all that, then you might know what it was like to be Max Planck, German physicist extraordinaire and the founder of quantum theory. Much like Galileo, Newton, and Einstein, Max Planck is regarded as one of the most influential and groundbreaking scientists of his time, a man whose discoveries helped to revolutionized the field of physics. Ironic, considering that when he first embarked on his career, he was told that there was nothing new to be learned in the field!

Born in 1858 in Kiel, Germany, Planck was a child of intellectuals, his grandfather and great-grandfather both theology professors and his father a professor of law, and his uncle a judge. However, Planck was far more interested in mathematics and science.After gaining degrees from the Universities of Berlin and Munich, he came to focus on thermodynamics, and was especially interested in the nature of radiation from hot materials. Whilst in Berlin, he toiled away in relative anonymity for a time, due in large part to his fascination with entropy. However, Planck made several important discoveries in this time that would allow him to cement his reputation and gain a following.

In 1894, under a commission from the electric companies, he began working on the problem of black-body radiation. His task was to create maximum light from light bulbs with a minimum amount of energy, and in the process stumbled upon a number of theoretical problems. For example, physicists were already struggling to explain how the intensity of the electromagnetic radiation emitted by the black body (i.e. a perfect absorber, also known as a cavity radiator) depended on the bodies temperature and the frequency of the radiation (i.e., the color of the light). In time, he resolved this problem by suggesting that electromagnetic energy did not flow in a constant form but rather in discreet packets, i.e. quanta. At first, he expected his theory to be disproven with time since it was incompatible with classical physics, but time proved the exact opposite.

By the turn of the century another famous scientist, by the name of Albert Einstein, made several discoveries which were to prove Planck’s quantum theory correct. The first was his theory of photons, a postulation which contradicted classical physics and the theory of electrodynamics. The second was his study of the anomalous behavior of specific bodies when heated at low temperatures, another example of a phenomenon which defied classical physics. In time, Planck became convinced of Einstein’s theories and the two became friends and collaborators, Planck even using his position as head of the University of Berlin to create a professorship for him.
    Last edited by rgray222; 5th February 2014 at 02:43.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rgray222 For This Post:

Azt (5th February 2014), naste.de.lumina (5th February 2014), Studeo (5th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014)

8. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

I think Carl Jung said something akin to, "the happy accident is the fundament of scientific progress", or "things that make you go HMM are keepers".

We will discover it, enslave it, and understand it if we survive its revenge.

9. Link to Post #6
    Japan Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 times in 339 posts

Tesla in my humble opinion still way ahead of anyone in science ... here an example: An interview with Nikola Tesla from 1899: http://www.freedomtek.org/en/texts/n...rview_1899.php

10. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member 8Adamas8's Avatar
    Thanks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 8Adamas8 For This Post:

Studeo (5th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread