+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast

Thread: Philip Seymour Hoffman -- "Ezekiel Moss" Project -- Did Someone Want Him Dead?

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,722 times in 4,284 posts

Default Philip Seymour Hoffman -- "Ezekiel Moss" Project -- Did Someone Want Him Dead?

The Death of a Saint: Philip Seymour Hoffman

Most of us have read or otherwise heard by now that there was another high-profile celebrity death on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb 2, 2014.

Beloved and talented actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was allegedly found dead in his spare apartment on the morning of Super Bowl Sunday. Convenient packages supposedly carrying illicit drugs were found alongside him, yada yada, typical boring low-level police narrative that we get every time one of these special ones dies.

It is very difficult to discuss such a thing on an internet website and give enough dignity to the dead. But knowing by the taste of life I've had through Phil's acting, something is telling me that he didn't want to go down silently, that he had a very important message to give to us viewers.

Apparently Mr. Hoffman was working on a very special project. I wasn't aware of this, since I didn't follow Hunger Games and only watched "The Master" once. This was to be one of his first directed works, if I read correctly. It was going to be called "Ezekiel Moss". The major casting announcements had been made within hours of the Super Bowl. I think some of the articles announcing the cast were so recent that they were still front page on the Hollywood sites when he was found.

A couple very high-profile, wonderful actors, had been chosen to play roles in Hoffman's Ezekiel Moss, which was a story about a traveling medium, a wayfaring spiritist who encounters people surviving the great depression. Traditionally, the traveling wise man is a depiction of Odin or Mercury/Hermes. He is a messenger god.

Two years ago, I had an Odic experience. It was within two days of the 2012 Super Bowl. I felt the presence of Odin and wrote about my experiences, detailing on my internet website my impressions of this very advanced and loving intelligence in our universe, his pleasure in the feminine arts of fortune telling, and his unhappiness with what was going to happen the week of the Super Bowl in 2012 and from that day forward. I had an impression of "The Lady in the Water" along with the Odic force.

On the day that the Super Bowl 2012 game was played, it was announced that Jasmin de Grazia, a famous Argentine model and journalist, had been found dead in her bathroom, allegedly drowned. There were prescriptions in the room and a small amount of cocaine, if I recall. Maybe not cocaine. It doesn't matter as much as what had been written on Jasmin's mirror: "It's not your fault that we have this ugly world", from the song "Tears of Gold".

Within a week of Jasmin's passing, famous American singer Whitney Houston was found dead, the same way, in her tub, with prescriptions and a small amount of drugs nearby.

Not long after, Rodney King was found drowned at the bottom of his own swimming pool.

Before the 2014 Super Bowl happened, on Feb 1st, I felt directed by our father to write down the passage of Ezekiel 11. In the context of the media attention being given to the great games in our country and not the great troubles it suffers, I felt led to share the words of the prophet as he experienced the second sight himself and was lifted above the normal passage of time to see what was coming.

I knew that something terrible was likely to happen because of the occult nature of the founding of this country. What it's based on, what drives its success, what they give and what they ask for in places like New York City and New Jersey, and also I remember some things that Ted Gunderson tried to say about America before they killed him too.

But the fact that it was Ezekiel's voice that carried over everyone else, isn't that the weirdest part of it all? That my warning about the Super Bowl this year had a passage from Ezekiel 11, and Philip Seymour Hoffman died IMMEDIATELY after he started casting actors for his project, "Ezekiel Moss".

I am very tired, worn out, exhausted by this, but I give of myself freely and hope that this information helps whomever is sorting out the sordid details of what should have been a celebration and turned into a possible homicide.

Who wanted to silence Philip Seymour Hoffman and intimidate everyone on public TV?
    Who did he fight? Just some food for thought, and something to send to the father tonight in your prayers: answers for the Hoffman family. Unlike what happened to Marilyn Monroe's family, who never heard the truth, and like Michael Jackson's family, who had to fight for the truth very hard... Phil deserves the truth because to him the truth was everything.

Did he really want his death turned into ammunition for the drug war? No.

God also said something else. For the USA to stop killing people to make a point that he makes with a paper and pen...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Bunin

In 2012 it was reported that Philip Seymour Hoffman had agreed to direct Bunin's screenplay, Ezekiel Moss, which had been included on the 2011 "Black List" of most promising unproduced screenplays.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Black_List_(survey)

The Black List is a survey published every year on the second Friday of December since 2004 by Franklin Leonard, a development executive who as of 2012 works for Will Smith's Overbrook Entertainment.[1][2] The survey includes the top motion picture screenplays not yet produced. The website states that these are not necessarily "the best" screenplays, but rather "the most liked", since it is based on a survey of studio and production company executives.[3]

http://www.deadline.com/2014/02/phil...old-in-berlin/

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-future-676405

http://www.business-standard.com/art...0100387_1.html

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Ba...stronomy_Tower
    "The lightning-struck tower. Calamity. Disaster. Coming nearer all the time..."
    —Professor Trelawney before the battle commences

I dreamed the Tower and the Bridge the week he was found.

We watch the games because we are spiritually hungry.

From Phil's role in Hunger Games:

http://thehungergames.wikia.com/wiki/Gamemaker

The Gamemakers design and control the Hunger Games. They design the arena and the outfits, as well as the animals in the arena and the scenery of the arena. They also keep track of the number of deaths that happen in the arena. From the tiniest detail to the biggest bloodbath, the Gamemakers are in charge of entertaining the Capitol to the fullest. A dry and boring Hunger Games means that the head Gamemakers' lives are in peril. A bloody and fantastic Games that keeps the crowd on the edge of their seats brings the Gamemakers fame and fortune.

At one point yesterday I found it strange that Plutarch Heavensbee and Albus Dumbledore share a common last name. Dumbledore is a bumble bee. Dumbedore dies in the end of the Harry Potter series, which also focuses heavily on games and arenas.

I searched for the religious meaning of bumblebee, didn't get a whole lot.
    But I looked for "Flight of the Bumblebee" instead, and got a solid gold hit when it brought up Michael Jackson's song, "Breaking News".

Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 5th February 2014 at 02:54.

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

Default Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman -- "Ezekiel Moss" Project -- Did Someone Want Him Dead?

I heard somewhere that he was an addict but had been clean twenty years , this doesn't make sense , you don't fall back after twenty years ... my gut tells me this was a message sent to someone else , he was just used as a tool to put fear in the real target ... call me crazy
    Last edited by ghostrider; 5th February 2014 at 03:34.
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

3. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Amanda (5th February 2014), Axman (5th February 2014), Chanlo23 (10th February 2014), Marianne (5th February 2014), Matisse (1st February 2015), sigma6 (6th February 2014), Spiral of Light (5th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (5th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014)

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member heretogrow's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,981 times in 498 posts

Default Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman -- "Ezekiel Moss" Project -- Did Someone Want Him Dead?

I am off to bed but before I go. I have to say Tesla you are, beautiful, talented and a blessing here at Avalon. your passion speaks volumes!

Much love to you, dear one!
    Julia

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to heretogrow For This Post:

Amanda (5th February 2014), Becky (5th February 2014), Chanlo23 (10th February 2014), genevieve (5th February 2014), lelmaleh (6th February 2014), Marianne (5th February 2014), sigma6 (6th February 2014), Spiral of Light (5th February 2014), spiritwind (5th February 2014), Sunny-side-up (5th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014)

6. Link to Post #4
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    I heard somewhere that he was an addict but had been clean twenty years , this doesn't make sense , you don't fall back after twenty years ... my gut tells me this was a message sent to someone else , he was just used as a tool to put fear in the real target ... call me crazy
    Alex Jones pointed out that people were quick to blame "Leftist" influence in Phil's death... sort of scary considering people like Ben Franklin used to enjoy living in America... they wouldn't like it post 9/11, would they? lol

You're not crazy!

Well, as Nietzsche put it delicately, it's certainty that drives men mad. ignorance is bliss. It's like our country has gone back to the 50s McCarthyism that enabled the gangbang we see running the place today.

Walt Disney would roll in his grave.

7. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    Quote Posted by ghostrider (here)
    Alex Jones pointed out that people were quick to blame "Leftist" influence in Phil's death... sort of scary considering people like Ben Franklin used to enjoy living in America... they wouldn't like it post 9/11, would they? lol

You're not crazy!

Well, as Nietzsche put it delicately, it's certainty that drives men mad. ignorance is bliss.
    it's the timing of his passing that bothers me , it stinks of the eye of Ra group ya know ??? illuminate ... like a set up , Oh I think I'll pile up massive amounts of my vice around me and just as the superbowl is about to begin I'll off myself ... he could have departed anytime ...if he was suicidal ... too convienient , too much preset evidence , like a fake crime scene ...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Amanda (5th February 2014), Lifebringer (5th February 2014), Marianne (5th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014), truth4me (6th February 2014)

9. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

2 Feb is when the South American civilizations traditionally sacrificed to water deities,
    also it's possible that it was a sacrifice day in the Roman/Greek Euro/Nordic region,
    considering on certain days sailors would not embark without a large sacrifice.
    It had to be a big one before an important voyage, they would ask the Dioscuri, who also happen to be 'lords of horses',
    for favor in crossing. Also known as Mercury, sometimes even personified as Odin.
    Kind of strange.

The Super bowl was gonna be hard hit by weather but hmm strange the storm didn't make it -- wow, wonder if... nah, people wouldn't sacrifice to the Twins in New York, or would they? (remembers twin towers!)

Also the 12 thing, the "12th man", seemed very strange/Masonic to me, and as it turns out, the "Clock of Fate" may well have been referenced by Phil while playing the character Plutarch Heavensbee, who flashes a watch showing the Mockingbird emblem who to his people signifies freedom from oppression.

The 12th degree/Grand Master Architect is also a strange tie in. because of his role in "The Master", it was hard not to see that one.
    People swearing off Masonry have to include that entity in their oaths! It's just too creepy.

People can apparently carry generational curses, and in fact some books on eastern thought claim that European nobles carry some horrible generational curses because of bloodshed within their own countries.

The important thing to remember about the Ezekiel story, is that in chapter 11 of the book of the Bible, the prophet tries very hard to warn the men of what is coming, and one of them falls dead on the spot while he is speaking.

I found that horribly sad and haunting, that the "12th man" omen culminated in the very UNTIMELY death of a very beloved actor and up-and-coming (would have been the next Eastwood) director.

Much like Jasmin was going to be a big TV hit and say great things.
    Instead she was silenced. And even her killer cried.

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/art...e-to-immersion

She was given to the water gods.

She was the lady in the water I was told to look for.
    Whitney was the next lady in the water.
    I am not sure where Phil fits in to this, but there is apparently a Master in the water now, along with Michael and Rodney and Heath.
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 5th February 2014 at 04:06.

10. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

feb 2 is a cosmic day , mohammad was born in feb, immauel was born in feb , now Mr. Hoffman is born into the spirit world ... think about it , it wasn't a death , it was a birth into REAL living ...

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

Amanda (5th February 2014), Lifebringer (1st March 2014), Marianne (5th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014)

12. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

This was weird too:

Quote Lady in the Water is a 2006 American fantasy thriller written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan and starring Paul Giamatti and Bryce Dallas Howard. The film follows a Philadelphia maintenance man who discovers a young woman in the swimming pool of his apartment complex. Gradually, he and his neighbors learn that she is a water nymph whose life is in danger from a vicious, wolf-like, mystical creature that tries to keep her from returning to her watery "blue world".

This is Shyamalan's first movie in which he has played a significant role, as one of the supporting actors. The film received generally unfavorable reviews from film critics,[3][4] who mostly criticized it as having a lack of focus.

One evening, Cleveland Heep (Paul Giamatti), who became a handyman at a Philadelphia apartment complex after his family was murdered, discovers Story (Bryce Dallas Howard), a naiad-like character (called a Narf) from the Blue World, in his building's pool, immediately rescuing her from an attack by a "Scrunt",[5] a grass-covered lupine that lies preternaturally flat.

Story is here to find a specific writer whose book will better humanity's future. After questioning residents Farber (Bob Balaban), Bell (Mary Beth Hurt), Dury (Jeffrey Wright), and five nameless smokers, Heep discovers the author, Vick Ran (M. Night Shyamalan), who is writing The Cookbook, containing views and ideas so significant they will inspire a future President, a great Midwestern orator, to greatly change the world for the better. Ran meeting Story eliminates his fear and sharpens his inner voice, but he learns he will be assassinated due to the controversial nature of his ideas.
    Lady in the Water was about a future assassination of someone with strong budding political beliefs that had not yet been expressed. She meets the man and tells him the future, and he gets to choose what kind of message to put out before getting shot, pretty much. She is from another dimension.

it also refers to the Rhinemaidens in the Ring cycle.
    They foretell doom as well.

there is also Ophelia, from Shakespeare's Hamlet,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophelia

and then there is the Lady of Shalott, from Tennyson's poem.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lady_of_Shalott

She is a spirit who foretells doom, a spirit of the water, maybe the Morgans or one of the sea goddesses. Or Muses.
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 5th February 2014 at 04:16.

13. Link to Post #9
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 times in 391 posts

My original thread on name meanings has gone over 65 K views...
    http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94579

Seymour {English} Descendent of Seamer {sea,famous};One who cane from Seamer {Lake /Sea}in Yorkshire.;/One who came from St. Maur [black] in France.

Philip {English} Lover of horses.

Hoffman {German} One who worked a large farm ,either as owner or manager.

all above from the New Dictionary of American family Names.

I do believe TPTB are doing ceremonial Black magic on a global scale....Which includes engineering large earthquakes on certain dates.....The 2010 Sept 4th Christchurch quake happened on a Scientology Holiday ,and also the killer Christchurch on Feb 22,2011.{ditto...}

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology_holidays

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marlowe For This Post:

jbins (13th April 2014), Marianne (5th February 2014), spiritwind (5th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014)

15. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi, Marlowe!

A lot of bad crap happened 3/11/11.
    Earthquake and a shooting? etc.
    And the celebration of "Inle gallery" art exhibit with the black rabbit in all the paintings,
    was 3/11/11

I don't like numbers crap but 3 + (1+1) + (1+1) = 322 lol

not cool is it!

16. Link to Post #11
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 times in 391 posts

Quote Posted by Tesla_WTC_Solution (here)
    Hi, Marlowe!

A lot of bad crap happened 3/11/11.
    Earthquake and a shooting? etc.
    And the celebration of "Inle gallery" art exhibit with the black rabbit in all the paintings,
    was 3/11/11

I don't like numbers crap but 3 + (1+1) + (1+1) = 322 lol

not cool is it!
    Hey Tesla.....I'm not into numbers when they get too complicated but I like codes....

Back in December I thought I was seeing codes in the full page ads in the New York Times.....Long story short I thought there was going to be a gigantic false flag on January 24 in New York City......I couldn't believe it when nothing happened on that Friday 1/24/14.......However I noticed the Dow lost over 300 points that Friday.....& it does appear at this date that the markets have been going mostly down since 1/24/14....2 small up days and 6 solid down days......So I think we are going into a economic meltdown at this early stage ...Time will tell....:-(

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to marlowe For This Post:

Amanda (5th February 2014), Marianne (5th February 2014), sigma6 (6th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014)

18. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,169 times in 1,448 posts

Thank you,Tesla_WTC_Solution, for outlining your opinion.
    I remember the moment I heard of the death of Philip Seymour Hoffman, in my mind there were traces of what I had read about his future work on "Ezekiel Moss". I tend to follow such news.
    Anyone can choose to 'believe' he was an addict and that is what killed him. It is so much easier to 'believe' that.

I wouldn't go into the numbers, it is much more obvious than numerical calculus.

I don't care for Hunger Games, so haven't seen him in that 'show'. And it doesn't matter which show he was a part of. He has been a person who wanted to do something, to be someone, to keep walking, to live and enjoy. He just had chosen a dangerous ground for himself.

Who gives the right to another to turn someone into a 'news column', or into a ritual statement? Who!?
    We do, being so ignorant.

Hunger Games!? Indeed. We let them perform a spectacle while we observe with induced interest in our eyes, and we let them also use us as part of it, too. We need to just take a very good look at what the Hunger Games are saying, and than look around.

It is so loud that we can't hear it anymore.

I usually try not to be a part of the news monster, but that thread is different. It speaks about the truth.
    Last edited by chocolate; 5th February 2014 at 14:52.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

sigma6 (6th February 2014), silverchimes (9th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014)

20. Link to Post #13
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

And, of course there is this side of the story:
    http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/02/0...an-conspiracy/
    or the missing link between Philip Seymour Hoffman and 'the bad' Scientology.

Quote Other reports from NYC police claim Hoffman was harbouring no less than 70 bags of heroin. 70 bags? Was he a major supplier for the elite celebrity smack community? Unless he was stocking up for a rainy day. Perhaps his dealer had to leave in a hurry, and dropped the stash at Phil’s?
    Quote Of course, the conspiracy mill is churning as we speak, including one which is doing the rounds regarding Hoffman’s incredible depiction – or parody (whichever way you look at it), of the late father of the Church of Scientology and author of Dianetics, L. Ron Hubbard, in the 2012 film entitled, The Master. Hoffman made scores of brilliant film in his career but this one was unique. It was also a film that Scientologists tried to stop from being made.
    Quote The fact that Scientology has been subject to a number of investigations and probes into what some describe as a highly organized international criminal racketeering operation that carries out sanctioned intimidation, harassment, beatings, abortions and imprisonment – does not really help their reputation.
    Quote According to the tell-all book released in 2013 entitled, Warjac: Most Wanted, by author Greg Swaim, son of the legendary late mob hit man Dale Cline, aka James John Warjac, Liston was murder by a forced lethal heroin overdose, which is well-known as a popular mob execution technique. If a dose was cooked to be lethal – then it would kill almost instantly, and with the needle still left in the arm.
    Quote “The Scientology parody film The Master, two of its actors are dead so far. This first was Christopher Evan Welch who plays the sceptic in the film dies in Dec 2013. The second is Philip Seymour Hoffman who played a parody of L.Ron Hubbard died Feb 2014. This is a ritualistic revenge by the Scientology and illuminati for insulting their religion. How many more “overdose” celebrities is it going to take before people wake up”.
    an so forth.

It seems so convenient.
    Last edited by chocolate; 5th February 2014 at 12:51.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

spiritwind (5th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014)

22. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by chocolate (here)
    And, of course there is this side of the story:
    http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/02/0...an-conspiracy/
    or the missing link between Philip Seymour Hoffman and 'the bad' Scientology.

Quote Other reports from NYC police claim Hoffman was harbouring no less than 70 bags of heroin. 70 bags? Was he a major supplier for the elite celebrity smack community? Unless he was stocking up for a rainy day. Perhaps his dealer had to leave in a hurry, and dropped the stash at Phil’s?
    Quote Of course, the conspiracy mill is churning as we speak, including one which is doing the rounds regarding Hoffman’s incredible depiction – or parody (whichever way you look at it), of the late father of the Church of Scientology and author of Dianetics, L. Ron Hubbard, in the 2012 film entitled, The Master. Hoffman made scores of brilliant film in his career but this one was unique. It was also a film that Scientologists tried to stop from being made.
    Quote The fact that Scientology has been subject to a number of investigations and probes into what some describe as a highly organized international criminal racketeering operation that carries out sanctioned intimidation, harassment, beatings, abortions and imprisonment – does not really help their reputation.
    Quote According to the tell-all book released in 2013 entitled, Warjac: Most Wanted, by author Greg Swaim, son of the legendary late mob hit man Dale Cline, aka James John Warjac, Liston was murder by a forced lethal heroin overdose, which is well-known as a popular mob execution technique. If a dose was cooked to be lethal – then it would kill almost instantly, and with the needle still left in the arm.
    Quote “The Scientology parody film The Master, two of its actors are dead so far. This first was Christopher Evan Welch who plays the sceptic in the film dies in Dec 2013. The second is Philip Seymour Hoffman who played a parody of L.Ron Hubbard died Feb 2014. This is a ritualistic revenge by the Scientology and illuminati for insulting their religion. How many more “overdose” celebrities is it going to take before people wake up”.
    an so forth.

It seems so convenient.
    You did some epic research there, thank you.
    I wasn't sure if this man had known enemies.
    It appears that he did offend some folks.

My red flag went way up the flagpole this a.m.,
    I woke up and went to the hall bathroom,
    and though, "Gee, Sundance Film Fest might be the worst place on earth to tell someone your personal business",
    meaning, Philip was going around telling strangers (and media hounds) about his heroin addiction at Sundance.

Couldn't it be possible that someone unscrupulous heard this, and used the information to his advantage against our man Hoffman? I mean, isn't that the sort of place you might run into a bad element? NARCS and cultists in the same hand.

(P.s. there is a Hoffman on the placard at Whitman mission in Walla Walla -- those people were a sacrifice too -- they were working with the native people, and gosh, someone went and pissed off the natives (Cayuse) -- before anyone knew what was happening, the Whitmans were dead and the Oregon volunteers came up to slaughter the Cayuse and Walla Walla...

Now a huge Masonic monument stands on top of their hill, where in the past there was life and laughter.
    It is rumored that someone put strychnine into the medication and food that the Whitmans were trying to give to the natives.

Vulcan is the god of poisoners. His emblem is the anvil, hammer and tongs. His identity is not known to all.)

23. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member Spiral of Light's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,420 times in 163 posts

Quote Posted by heretogrow (here)
    I am off to bed but before I go. I have to say Tesla you are, beautiful, talented and a blessing here at Avalon. your passion speaks volumes!

Julia
    And I second that motion! :~)

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Spiral of Light For This Post:

Bob (10th February 2014), chocolate (5th February 2014), heretogrow (5th February 2014), Marianne (5th February 2014), sigma6 (6th February 2014), Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014)

25. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spiral of Light (here)
    Quote Posted by heretogrow (here)

Julia
    And I second that motion! :~)
    Thank you for your support;
    don't forget to thank the gods!! lol

@_@ I can't see past the end of my nose without divine intervention.
    But some of these actors and directors heard pretty clearly,
    and I hate it when the messenger gets shot...

Story of Jacob Hoffman's brave death at Whitman Mission

Quote http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson's_Bay_Company
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitman_massacre

A common practice among the Columbia Plateau tribes was that the doctor, or shaman, could be killed in retribution if patients died. It is probable that the Cayuse and Umatilla held Dr. Whitman responsible for the numerous deaths and therefore felt justification to take his life as per their custom. It was believed that Whitman had treated the Cayuse with strychnine by the tribe[4][5] or that someone from the Hudson Bay Co. had injected strychnine into the medicine after Whitman had given it to the tribe.[6]

“Jacob Hoffman, with two other men, was butchering a beef that afternoon for the mission tables. When the Indians had gradually sifted in and loitered about the butchering, these men thought that the Cayuses had come to get the entrails and other wastes from the animal as was their custom. But they were wrong in their guess about the Indians’ intentions; now Hoffman died, furiously defending himself to the last with an ax.” [Shallow Grave At Waiilatpu: The Sagers West by Erwin N. Thompson, The Press of the Oregon Historical Society, Portland, Oregon, 1985 p.97]

“But at the butchering derrick Hoffman took up an ax and made a stubborn defense, slashing an assailant in the foot, almost reaching the mission house before he was cut down by mounted Cayuse.” [The Great Command by Nard Jones; Little, Brown and Company, Boston 1959 p.332]

“Mr. Hoffman was butchering a beef. He fought manfully with an axe, and was seen keeping six Indians at bay. He split one of his assailant’s feet open. He fell at last overpowered. They ripped him open and took his bowels out.” [The Whitman Massacre of 1847 by Catherine, Elizabeth & Matilda Sager, Ye Galleon Press, Fairfield, WA 1986 Catherine p.46]

Thirteen of the 72 individuals at the mission were killed that first day. These included: Narcissa Whitman, Andrew Rogers, Jacob Hoffman, the schoolmaster L.W. Sanders, Mr. Marsh, John Sager, Francis Sager, Nathan Kimball, Isaac Gilliland, and Young Jr. Peter Hall, who had also escaped the original massacre, later disappeared and was never seen again.

“On our arrival at Oregon City, Joe Stanfield was arrested on suspicion of having taken part in the massacre and brought to trial. On being taken by the sheriff, he attempted to conceal a watch belonging to Mrs. Kimball and a considerable sum of money belonging to Mr. Hoffman.” [The Whitman Massacre of 1847 by Catherine, Elizabeth & Matilda Sager, Ye Galleon Press, Fairfield, WA 1986 Catherine p.88]

Bones were found in 1897 when leveling ground for a monument. Matilda Sager helped to identify some of them… “the skull with the unusually large nose orifice, we felt sure was that of Mr. Hoffman as he was the only man in the settlement having a very large nose.” [The Whitman Massacre of 1847 by Catherine, Elizabeth and Matilda Sager, Ye Galleon Press, Fairfield, WA 1986 Matilda Sager p.150]
    Quote At some point during the massacre, old Tenino chief Beardy, who must have been visiting the Waillatpu village, arrived on the scene and tried to stop the Cayuse from slaughtering any more people.

The Tenino people lived just east of the Cascades, west of the Cayuse neighbours the Umatillo.

Beardy knew that this massacre would cause trouble for all the Indians east of the Cascade Mountains.
    The Frenchman

Quote Joe Stanfield was a French-Canadian who had been working for Dr. Whitman. Perhaps due to his ancestry he was not targeted by the attackers.
    Quote Did You Know?

photo of Alice Clarissa's memorial marker
    On her 29th birthday Narcissa gave birth to a daughter, Alice Clarissa. The Cayuse called her “Cayuse Te-mi” (Cayuse girl) because she was born on Cayuse land. Some historians see her as a potential bridge between the two cultures. Unfortunately Alice Clarissa drowned when she was 2 years old.
    Quote Jacob Hoffman was the only man to raise a hand in defense of all the women and children, though miller Walter Marsh might have tried to help him; his body was found nearby.

Hoffman grabbed the axe that had been used in the butchering of the beef and fought back, dodging repeated Indian thrusts in a retreat to the corner of the mission house, where horsemen with lances finally cut him down.
    In his final blow, he wounded Tamsuky in the foot.
    Wow.
    Weird how history sort of repeats.

The dead wouldn't rest:

Quote On Tuesday, the day following the attack, Joe Stanfield dug a shallow, mass grave near the mission cemetery north of the mission house. On the same day, Father Brouillet, one of the priests whose arrival in the vicinity a few weeks earlier had so greatly disturbed Dr. Whitman, reached Waiilatpu. Horrified by the scene of death and destruction, Brouillet helped Stanfield prepare the dead. Rendering "to those unfortunate victims the last service in my power to offer them," Brouillet officiated at the burial. A few days later wild animals disturbed the shallow grave, and it had to be covered again. In March 1848 the remains, which again had been disturbed by wolves, were placed in a new grave and covered with an upturned wagon bed by the Oregon Volunteers. On the 50th anniversary of the massacre, the bodies were disinterred and reburied in a more fitting tomb, where they lie today.

Quote At dawn the next morning, a cluster of Cayuse women on the hill east of the mission chanted a death song -- the same song that Stickas' two wives had sung the night before the massacre.
    Standing on that hill is quite a sight. But so sad.
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 5th February 2014 at 15:03.

26. Link to Post #17
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I usually try to distance myself from the common view on Masons being the 'bad guys'. They have knowledge that is available to all of us right now, to a great degree. The difference is they have the knowledge, and they use it. We seem to just collect it and it stays somewhere on a shelf. Not only that, but we don't apply what we know in our understanding and evaluation of events to actually see what is happening (not referring to the forum, but to the more general part of the world where people walk as if in trans, sometimes).

I met a person who wanted to direct a film with a subject similar to Noah, or Ezekiel Moss. I am, or should I say I was, an avid supporter of that idea, and that person.
    But having seen what happens in general in the US film grounds, I think I would prefer to see people walk alive and happy rather to see them gain popularity in one way or another. But at the same time the danger shouldn't cloud the vision, so it is a balancing act.

Tesla, you are great, and it is always a pleasure to read your posts.
    I did nothing much in this case, just observed how the wheel was turning.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (5th February 2014)

28. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by chocolate (here)
    I usually try to distance myself from the common view on Masons being the 'bad guys'. They have knowledge that is available to all of us right now, to a great degree. The difference is they have the knowledge, and they use it. We seem to just collect it and it stays somewhere on a shelf. Not only that, but we don't apply what we know in our understanding and evaluation of events to actually see what is happening (not referring to the forum, but to the more general part of the world where people walk as if in trans, sometimes).

I met a person who wanted to direct a film with a subject similar to Noah, or Ezekiel Moss. I am, or should I say I was, an avid supporter of that idea, and that person.
    But having seen what happens in general in the US film grounds, I think I would prefer to see people walk alive and happy rather to see them gain popularity in one way or another. But at the same time the danger shouldn't cloud the vision, so it is a balancing act.

Tesla, you are great, and it is always a pleasure to read your posts.
    I did nothing much in this case, just observed how the wheel was turning.
    Hi!

Well, coming from a military family, I can say that some people view the lodge with mixed feelings.
    My father's father and his father before him managed a very large farm, without much help from neighbors.
    It would have been easier with friends, but somehow, the fact that they managed their own household was a source of pride.

God never meant for us to climb over each other to get to the top of the world.
    In the same way, we are also expected to be able to stand alone against adversity.
    If there are forces in our world which demand a united front, perhaps our mistake is acknowledging them at all.
    Money, power, fame, popularity -- those things.

But to educate, to give freely of one's knowledge, without strings or a price attached to that knowledge,
    that is standing tall.
    Anyone who can make a difference in someone else's life -- either through his honesty, or his storytelling, or the example of his passing, is worthy of respect.
    Because he gives of himself to strengthen others.

He is not a stone unto himself, but rather, the cement that binds all stones -- love of the art for the sake of the people, and no more or less.

To put away his memory with honor, is the greatest tribute anyone could give now that he is gone.

What we know is that he was not alone in death -- he was in the company of others when last seen,
    and this has happened to far too many people over the last 100 years for us viewers to just sit back and enjoy the show...

Even if it was just an OD, the people who gave him the drugs ruined the Super Bowl for pretty much everyone.
    Just like when my dad died. And you know what's sick?

The drug dealer who sold my dad the stuff that killed him came to the funeral and tried to make my mother feel responsible for the death.
    So... moral of the story... see something, say something.

Drug dealers need to go down in flames, along with everyone who enables them.
    People like Michael Jackson's Mason doctor, for example -- they abuse their holy authority to supply the vices of demons.
    If I had been Michael's doctor, I would have advised him to take a vacation,
    but the doctor wasn't there to take care of Michael, was he?

Not everyone thinks death is beautiful, deserved, or just -- even to make a point.
    That would be murder.

How many stars need to die in the street because of people making money off of drugs that should be legally prescribed?

edit: re: the knowledge of the Masons. I really love lots of movies, etc. and games of today. For example, Morrowind/Elder Scrolls. Obvious ref to Masonry etc. in those games. But -- if our world was really that messed up, would we want to be a hero there? I kind of think lots of us would end up like Caius Cosades...

Caius Cosades would be played by someone just like Philip Seymour Hoffman. He is a Blades agent (Morrowind CIA) with a moon sugar problem (ahem coke/heroin) who introduces the Fool to the Pilgrim's Path.

I don't really like the place on the path where Mr. Hoffman got stopped.

Quote http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Caius_Cosades

Caius Cosades, an Imperial monk residing in Balmora, is the Grand Spymaster of the Blades in Vvardenfell. He's a self-admitted skooma and moon sugar addict. His underlings never mention a skooma problem, and the regular patrons of the South Wall Cornerclub have noticed that he holds his skooma better than even a Khajiit would. They have also noticed that people who judged him only on his appearance "aren't with us anymore". In your last conversation with him he mentions his superiors being concerned about his "sugar". Nevertheless, there is an impressive amount of skooma and moon sugar in his house and on his person. He wears cheap common pants with matching shoes and a belt. He also carries five samples of moon sugar.

Ain't that weird? lol

Near the end of the Nerevarine storyline, Caius sadly disappears back to the Imperial City, never to be seen again by the player.

Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 5th February 2014 at 15:41.

29. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

back to 'reality' lol

CNN

Quote Final hours
    Police are trying to piece together the actor's movements last weekend as they look for anyone who might be linked to the drugs that apparently killed him.
    On Tuesday, a law enforcement source told CNN that the night before Hoffman died, he withdrew $1,200 from a grocery store ATM near his apartment.
    Hoffman got the money in six transactions Saturday night, according to the source.

A witness told investigators he saw the Oscar-winning actor talking to two men wearing messenger bags about 8 p.m.

Police are also reviewing surveillance video, including video of a restaurant where Hoffman had brunch Saturday morning with two people.
    telling strangers his business (or was this John lying?)

Quote Magazine writer John Arundel said he met the actor at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah two weeks before his death.
    "I said, 'What do you do?' And at that point, he took off his hat and he said, 'I'm a heroin addict,'" Arundel said.

"Didn't look like he was (joking). Seemed like he was having one of those 'coming to God' moments -- where it just stuck him as, 'this is the revelatory moment.'"

But actor George Clooney said he had dinner with Hoffman a few months ago, and he seemed fine.

"I have to say he seemed in pretty good shape," Clooney said. "I mean, there's no way to explain it."
    Dimming the lights on Wodan's Day for Phil?

Quote Dim the lights
    Family and close friends of the actor will hold a private funeral service in New York. Plans are also under way for a memorial service later this month. No information on the dates was available.

On Wednesday night, the famed Broadway theater district will dim its marquees for one minute at 7:45 p.m. in Hoffman's memory.
    Hoffman appeared on Broadway three times.
    3 times, the triple God/goddess, the Hermes/Hecate/Odin
    Creepy tribute huh?

Broadway to dim marquee lights for Philip Seymour Hoffman
    By Marc Snetiker on Feb 3, 2014 at 2:00PM @MarcSnetiker

New York’s acting community will dim the lights of Broadway theater marquees for exactly one minute on Wednesday at 7:45 p.m. in remembrance of Philip Seymour Hoffman, who died early Sunday morning at age 46.

In addition to his celebrated film career, Hoffman was a thoroughly accomplished stage actor and director, serving as a former Artistic Director of Off Broadway’s LAByrinth Theater Company, where he directed and appeared in a number of well-received productions.

Hoffman appeared on Broadway three times, each performance earning the actor both Tony and Drama Desk Award nominations. 2000 marked his first appearance, opposite John C. Reilly in True West (the duo alternated their roles during the run, each earning a Tony nod for Best Actor in a Play). In 2003, he starred in the revival of Long Day’s Journey Into Night alongside Vanessa Redgrave, Brian Dennehy, and Robert Sean Leonard. Most recently, Hoffman took the stage as Willy Loman in director Mike Nichols’ Tony-winning 2012 revival of Arthur Miller’s Death of a Salesman, opposite Andrew Garfield and Linda Emond.

“Philip Seymour Hoffman, a three-time Tony Award nominee, was a true artist who loved the theatre,” said Charlotte St. Martin of the Broadway League. “His prolific body of work encompassed various mediums including theatre, film, and television, and we’ll always be grateful for his boundless and profound talent that he shared with us on the Broadway stage. Our thoughts go out to his family, friends, and fans.”

"Who shall rule this city?" Astor Place Riot cry

http://www.examiner.com/article/dimm...adway-marquees

Dimming the lights: Playbill explains the process of dimming Broadway marquees

Quote March 25, 2011
    Tonight at 8:00 PM, Broadway theaters will dim their marquee lights to honor Elizabeth Taylor, who passed away Wednesday at the age of 79. But what are the criteria for receiving such an honor? Last fall, Playbill.com gave a glimpse into the process.

"The simultaneous dimming of all the Broadway marquees in honor of the passing of a prominent theatre professional is one of the more touching and elegant of New York theatre traditions, and perhaps the ultimate recognition that a person has achieved a place in theatre history," said Robert Simonson, writer for Playbill.com. He went on to explain that the decision to dim the marquee lights is made by the Broadway League. The League is the trade-association for the industry that works to create interest in Broadway theatre and supports the creation of profitable productions on Broadway. The actual process of choosing who to dim the lights for remains confidential to prevent people from lobbying to have the process done for someone. To learn more about the history of dimming the Broadway lights, read Mr. Simonson's full Ask Playbill.com article.

Elizabeth Taylor starred with James Dean and Rock Hudson in the film Giant.

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/006/freemasons.htm

Freemasons
    Roots & Links to the Occult
    By Teresa Morris

"Freemasonry is not Christianity, nor a substitute for it. It does not meddle with sectarian creeds or doctrines, but teaches fundamental religious truth." (Albert G. Mackey, "Encyclopedia of Freemasonry," page 162)

"Masonry, like all the Religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, conceals its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled; to conceal the Truth, which it calls Light, from them, and to draw them away from it." (Albert Pike, "Morals and Dogma," page 104)
    "Drop the theological barnacles [timeless Biblical truths] from the religion of Jesus, as taught by Him, and by the Essenes and Gnostics of the first centuries, and it becomes Masonry, Masonry in its purity, derived as it is from the old Hebrew Kaballa as a part of the great universal religion of the remotest antiquity." (J. D. Buck, "Mystic Masonry," page 119)

Ezekiel 11: 1

Moreover the spirit lifted me up, and brought me unto the east gate of the LORD'S house, which looketh eastward: and behold at the door of the gate five and twenty men; among whom I saw Jaazaniah the son of Azur, and Pelatiah the son of Benaiah, princes of the people.

Ezekiel 8:14

Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD'S house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

I can't support it.
    p.s. Cain and Abel, Abel - Tammuz, who was the child not favored?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammuz_(deity)

What Ezekiel said

In Babylonia, the month Tammuz was established in honor of the eponymous god Tammuz, who originated as a Sumerian shepherd-god, Dumuzid or Dumuzi, the consort of Inanna and, in his Akkadian form, the parallel consort of Ishtar. The Levantine Adonis ("lord"), who was drawn into the Greek pantheon, was considered by Joseph Campbell among others to be another counterpart of Tammuz,[1] son and consort. The Aramaic name "Tammuz" seems to have been derived from the Akkadian form Tammuzi, based on early Sumerian Damu-zid.[citation needed] The later standard Sumerian form, Dumu-zid, in turn became Dumuzi in Akkadian. Tamuzi also is Dumuzid or Dumuzi.

Beginning with the summer solstice came a time of mourning in the Ancient Near East, as in the Aegean: the Babylonians marked the decline in daylight hours and the onset of killing summer heat and drought with a six-day "funeral" for the god. Recent discoveries reconfirm him as an annual life-death-rebirth deity: tablets discovered in 1963 show that Dumuzi was in fact consigned to the Underworld himself, in order to secure Inanna's release,[2] though the recovered final line reveals that he is to revive for six months of each year (see below).

In cult practice, the dead Tammuz was widely mourned in the Ancient Near East. Locations associated in antiquity with the site of his death include both Harran and Byblos, among others. A Sumerian tablet from Nippur (Ni 4486) reads:
    She can make the lament for you, my Dumuzid, the lament for you, the lament, the lamentation, reach the desert — she can make it reach the house Arali; she can make it reach Bad-tibira; she can make it reach Dul-šuba; she can make it reach the shepherding country, the sheepfold of Dumuzid

"O Dumuzid of the fair-spoken mouth, of the ever kind eyes," she sobs tearfully, "O you of the fair-spoken mouth, of the ever kind eyes," she sobs tearfully. "Lad, husband, lord, sweet as the date, [...] O Dumuzid!" she sobs, she sobs tearfully.[3]
    These mourning ceremonies were observed even at the very door of the Temple in Jerusalem in a vision the Israelite prophet Ezekiel was given, which serves as a Biblical prophecy which expresses YHWH's message at His people's apostate worship of idols:
    "Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz. Then said he unto to me, 'Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these." —Ezekiel 8:14-15
    Ezekiel's testimony is the only direct mention of Tammuz in the Hebrew Bible.

http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/201...kiel-moss.html

WEDNESDAY, MAY 30, 2012

Screenplay Review - Ezekiel Moss

Genre: Supernatural Drama
    Premise: Set during the Depression, a widow and her son are visited by a strange man who may have the ability to communicate with the dead.
    About: This is the writer’s breakthrough screenplay. Before this, he was one of the writers on the HBO show, “In Treatment.” He’s repped over at CAA. Ezekiel Moss finished high on last year’s Black List.
    Writers: Keith Bunin
    Details: 104 pages – Black List draft

I’ve been meaning to read Ezekiel Moss for awhile but everybody keeps telling me, “It’s a good script but really slow.” That “but” was the killer. You don’t want any “buts” before you pick up a script. You want “ands.” You want “thens.” But please, no “buts.”

But it turns out the slowness of Ezekiel Moss hit a reading sweet spot for me. I was heading home from LA. And since I find it impossible to do multiple things on travel days, I basically had one task – to read a script. It was one of those rare times when I wasn’t rushed. The script was slow-developing? Fine with me. I had hours to spare.

Add to that the melancholy feeling you get when going home after a trip and I was in the perfect mood for this story. You’ve spent the last month of your life preparing for something, and then one day it’s just….over. It’s like “What do I do now?” You feel kind of empty. Yet “empty” is the perfect mood to read Ezekiel Moss in. The characters in this script are all empty. They need something to fill up their lives. And little do they know, that something is each other.

It’s 1934, the heart of the Depression. It’s a small town, too small “for anyone to care about the name” according to the writer. 11 year old Joel Carson has a giant imagination and zero friends. He lives with his widowed mother, Iris, an emotionally fragile woman, in the tiny Inn she runs. Iris finds occasional moments of happiness sleeping with the salesman who stop by her Inn every week. She hates herself for it, but if not for that, she’d be too lonely for words.

The thing with Iris’ job is that it’s predictable to the point of boredom. The faces may change, but it’s the same travelling salesmen, the same practiced smiles, the same broken promises. That is until the darkly intense Ezekiel Moss shows up with his witch-like partner, Hepzibah Webb.

The two ask to stay in one of her rooms for a week and they come with two stipulations – stay out of their way and don’t ask questions. Iris knows something is up but a girl’s gotta put food on the table so as long as it doesn’t incriminate her, they can do whatever they want.

Joel finds the odd but vulnerable Ezekiel fascinating, and starts following him around, trying to figure out what it is he and Hepzibah do. It turns out they travel from town to town to find people who’ve lost loved ones. And that’s where things get interesting. Ezekiel has a special talent – he can allow spirits to possess his body. He can allow the dead to speak to the living. Or, at least, that’s what he and Hepzibah claim.

After seeing one of these possessions himself, Joel is a believer, and he runs to his mother to tell her what’s going on. But because Joel’s imagination has always been so outrageous, Iris doesn’t believe him. Nor does she want to believe him, as she’s begun to fall for Ezekiel.

While all that’s going on, the town priest gets wind of Ezekiel. He’s heard of these two. They’re wanted in towns all over the region for conning people out of money at a time when money is most in need. It’s time to put a stop to this.

The thing is, all Ezekiel wants is to be normal, is to not live with this curse. And if this priest tells him he can save his soul, Ezekiel’s ready to take that chance. He now has a child who looks up to him and a woman who’s falling for him. If he can be “normal,” then maybe he can be part of a real family for once. In a way, that’s his goal, even if deep down he knows it will never happen.

Did I mention Ezekiel was slow? Yeah, reading it feels like every two pages should be one. But it still works! Why? Because the character development here is freaking top-notch. I mean take a look at Iris. Here’s a woman who was soul-mate in love with her husband before losing him. During the accident, he shielded her to save her, ensuring his own death in the process. She was pregnant with Joel at the time. Which means there are moments, moments she’d never admit out loud, where she wishes he would’ve lived instead of Joel. She seeks closeness from the company of other men, even though they’re gone before she wakes up. The entire town calls her a whore behind her back. She’s poor, can barely pay the bills. She ignores the one sense of community the town has – church, alienating herself even more. I mean that’s a f*cking complex character! A sympathetic character. The kind of person you want to know more about.

But what’s great about Ezekiel is that everyone has a deep backstory – specifically about someone they lost. And while in most stories, these tropes can become cliché and eye-roll worthy, here, they’re intricate parts of the plot. Because Ezekiel can speak to the dead, he can bring these figures back. The characters can resolve their issues with these ghosts. That was my favorite part about Ezekiel. People’s backstories actually mattered!

Another reason the slow-build works is that Bunin uses very simple but effective storytelling methods to keep you interested. First there’s the arrival of Ezekiel Moss. Everything about this man is interesting. You want to know more. You want to turn the page to see who he is and what he’s about.

Once you do find out, there’s a new mystery: “What are Ezekiel and Hepzibah doing here? What’s their business?” And as you gradually figure that out, a threat presents itself – the priest. People are closing in on Ezekiel. Their business is in danger (conflict). So even though everything’s moving along at a deliberate pace, Bunin seems to use just the right amount of suspense or conflict or mystery to keep us involved.

With that said, we could definitely move things along faster. Bunin has a terrible habit of commenting after every line of dialogue. And not just commenting – but giving a really detailed comment that just sucks up page real estate. For example, later in the script, Ezekiel is speaking to Iris and says, “Don’t you hope that someday you’ll get married?” Immediately afterwards we get this action line: “Ezekiel is asking this question for all kinds of reasons. Iris is deeply affected but she still keeps things light.”

I mean, just get to Iris’ response! That entire action line has already been implied. This is done ENDLESSLY throughout the script and if Bunin could cut out 75% of these lines, the script would fly. Right now, it’s in danger of being tossed because of Hollywood’s ADD epidemic. And that’s too bad. Because it’s a very powerful story.

For those interested in writing supernatural/horror movies, Ezekiel Moss is a good script to study. The character development is top notch. BECAUSE it’s top notch, the dialogue’s strong (a great understanding of character usually results in strong unique dialogue for each character). And then everything just feels authentic – not easy to do when you’re setting your story 80 years ago. I really liked this. Speed it up a little and maybe we have something great.

[ ] what the hell did I just read?
    [ ] wasn’t for me
    [xx] worth the read
    [ ] impressive
    [ ] genius

What I learned: Beware character descriptions that contradict themselves. I see this all the time for some reason. “Joe is intelligent yet a bit of an imbecile.” “Linda is one of those people who’s both happy and miserable.” Uhhh, what does that mean? Which one am I supposed to go with? Remember, writing a character description is not about it reading cool on the page – it’s about conveying the character as clearly as possible to the reader. So here in Ezekiel, Iris is described as having a “winning mixture of toughness and fragility.” I suppose you can make an argument that this makes sense but to me it’s just confusing. All I want to know is “Who is this character?” And that line doesn’t tell me. Go for clear. Readers like clear.
    Last edited by Tesla_WTC_Solution; 5th February 2014 at 16:10.

30. Link to Post #20
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Tesla, I am your friend for life!
    You know, speaking about scripts, I have seen some really ****ty ones. You wouldn't believe your brain cells when you read them.

Right now lollywood doesn't suffer from ADD (attention deficit disorder, right?), it suffers from a condition whereby every script that is in any danger of becoming a full-bodied film gets weight and evaluated by some really obscure standards (done by some really obscure people) such as comparisons between possible endings and the reaction of the audience over the amount of money given for prep or for act.
    I will no disclose details, but the reality is quite grim.
    It is all about wages and profits, percentage, ratings, and very little about philosophy and ideology. Actually the overall ideology trend is to make us numb and to kill all desire for mental/spiritual/ or otherwise normal human development.

People like the Washowski Brothers or James Cameron can afford to be outside the rule to a good extend, but even they have to comply with some rules or someone's standards, I suppose.
    So, I guess when a person is on his way to becoming another of the previously mentioned, well he has to be ready to take a possible hit.
    The addiction problem is a common trend in the industry. It is a very hard area to work in, for starters, with some un-human conditions at times, so even if no one introduces you to drugs, alcohol or other forbidden substances or practices, you could very quickly and easily discovered them on your own as a possible companion on your long walk through.

I was saddened by the news of Philip Seymour Hoffman's death, but was little surprised. I actually couldn't recall at first any film where I had seen him act.

I wonder if anyone thought about the possible popularity the next Hunger Games will gain from his death. If anyone remembers Heath Ledger and his Joker will understand my point.

It is also possible someone to use the noise to bring attention exactly to Ezekiel Moss as a possible film, and later to either benefit greatly from that same noise/attention, or to crate a really twisted version of it. Unfortunately we will never see what version Philip Seymour Hoffman was going to do.
    The worst thing of negative media exposure is not having that expose at all.

I hope wherever Philip Seymour Hoffman is right now, in spirit or soul form, that he has found some peace and quiet.
    Last edited by chocolate; 5th February 2014 at 17:53.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chocolate For This Post:

Tesla_WTC_Solution (6th February 2014), UpToLight (5th February 2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 4 LastLast